• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Wendy’s Serves Up Big Kiosk Expansion As Wage Hikes Hit Fast Food

    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
    Killer_B
    TheGoldenGoose
    Lippsman
    dl36
    Crusher13
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2300
    Posts: 59
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
     
    Killer_B
    Killer_B
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 6291
    Posted: May. 13, 2016 - 10:12 PM ET #26

    The bottom line here is corporations or businesses will do whatever is necessary not to pay an entry level know-nothing $15 an hour. I have no problem with it, it's complete insanity...

    BTW I have no problem using kiosks, most of the cashiers are incompetent or look like pirates, I tend to avoid them whenever possible.
    Reply
    The bottom line here is corporations or businesses will do whatever is necessary not to pay an entry level know-nothing $15 an hour. I have no problem with it, it's complete insanity...

    BTW I have no problem using kiosks, most of the cashiers are incompetent or look like pirates, I tend to avoid them whenever possible.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: May. 13, 2016 - 10:20 PM ET #27


    I call BULLSHIT.

    When was the last time you were at a Wendy's, McDonalds, Burger King or Taco Bell???

    It's OK, you can say it, go ahead.


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    I call BULLSHIT.

    When was the last time you were at a Wendy's, McDonalds, Burger King or Taco Bell???

    It's OK, you can say it, go ahead.


     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: May. 13, 2016 - 10:39 PM ET #28


    NATIONAL BOYCOTT OF WENDY'S...

    https://www.pcusa.org/news/2016/5/10/support-grows-national-boycott-wendys-restaurants/
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    NATIONAL BOYCOTT OF WENDY'S...

    https://www.pcusa.org/news/2016/5/10/support-grows-national-boycott-wendys-restaurants/
     
    Lippsman
    Lippsman
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2001
    Posts: 87445
    Posted: May. 13, 2016 - 10:56 PM ET #29

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    NATIONAL BOYCOTT OF WENDY'S...

    https://www.pcusa.org/news/2016/5/10/support-grows-national-boycott-wendys-restaurants/

    Oh yeah the Presbyterian Church supports it, that will bring Wendys down to it's knees 

    I will make sure to eat there at least 3 times a week now.  Salad or grilled chicken of course.  Not going to put myself in an early grave eating that fast food crap
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    NATIONAL BOYCOTT OF WENDY'S...

    https://www.pcusa.org/news/2016/5/10/support-grows-national-boycott-wendys-restaurants/

    Oh yeah the Presbyterian Church supports it, that will bring Wendys down to it's knees 

    I will make sure to eat there at least 3 times a week now.  Salad or grilled chicken of course.  Not going to put myself in an early grave eating that fast food crap
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: May. 13, 2016 - 11:09 PM ET #30


    Wendy's not buying Florida tomatoes.

    Buying Mexican tomatoes.      

    BOYCOTT
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Wendy's not buying Florida tomatoes.

    Buying Mexican tomatoes.      

    BOYCOTT
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: May. 14, 2016 - 12:29 AM ET #31

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer_B:

    The bottom line here is corporations or businesses will do whatever is necessary not to pay an entry level know-nothing $15 an hour. I have no problem with it, it's complete insanity...

    BTW I have no problem using kiosks, most of the cashiers are incompetent or look like pirates, I tend to avoid them whenever possible.

    This idea of I can be a better cashier is one that appeals to people that would make good cashiers in life.  Seems like angle that can attract people like that should be cashiers 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer_B:

    The bottom line here is corporations or businesses will do whatever is necessary not to pay an entry level know-nothing $15 an hour. I have no problem with it, it's complete insanity...

    BTW I have no problem using kiosks, most of the cashiers are incompetent or look like pirates, I tend to avoid them whenever possible.

    This idea of I can be a better cashier is one that appeals to people that would make good cashiers in life.  Seems like angle that can attract people like that should be cashiers 
     
    Crusher13
    Crusher13
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 8067
    Posted: May. 14, 2016 - 2:16 PM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by Lippsman:


    Oh yeah the Presbyterian Church supports it, that will bring Wendys down to it's knees 

    I will make sure to eat there at least 3 times a week now.  Salad or grilled chicken of course.  Not going to put myself in an early grave eating that fast food crap

     Finally a very entertaining thread that , unfortunately, I can strongly relate to...

    The low quality of people in this industry as a whole is so so sad...but as pointed out numerous times, these jobs are supposively, only steps to better vocations than just customer service..

    If only I hadn't gone out back with that cook when I was 13...

    Oh well, can't look back at shoulda, woulda, and couldas..... I've been so fortunate to have such a blessed life (like GG) I could NEVER complain..."what a long strange trip it's been"

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Lippsman:


    Oh yeah the Presbyterian Church supports it, that will bring Wendys down to it's knees 

    I will make sure to eat there at least 3 times a week now.  Salad or grilled chicken of course.  Not going to put myself in an early grave eating that fast food crap

     Finally a very entertaining thread that , unfortunately, I can strongly relate to...

    The low quality of people in this industry as a whole is so so sad...but as pointed out numerous times, these jobs are supposively, only steps to better vocations than just customer service..

    If only I hadn't gone out back with that cook when I was 13...

    Oh well, can't look back at shoulda, woulda, and couldas..... I've been so fortunate to have such a blessed life (like GG) I could NEVER complain..."what a long strange trip it's been"

     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: May. 14, 2016 - 3:05 PM ET #33

    Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

    I agree with Lippsman.. This is such a no brainer  for restauruant owners, and will be coming to fast food places soon, particularly here in CA with $15/hour being phased in.    Any difficulty that prior businesses had with kiosks (like Wendy's) could be related to any number of things, including a poorly designed/navigation of the screens.  This will be figured out, and a $15/hour employee  alternative will force the owner to figure out what issues arise.

    This is such an unfortunate outcome ; puts unnecessary pressure on young people that want jobs, but owners realize they are not worth it.  Such a novel concept, huh ?

    I wonder why people think that minimum wage is supposed to be a living wage ?  It's not supposed to be , and its supposed to piss you off enough to better yourself and get yourself a better job.  It's called mobility. 

    People do not "deserve" anything.  They deserve what they are "worth" on the open market. 



    Mobility is not the reason minimum wage jobs exist, nor will it disappear if minimum wage is raised.  Mobility is about personal character and personal choices,  maybe parenting, but a lot goes into a person making career decisions beyond having a minimum wage job.

    It truly is a cultural war we are in.  Those that believe people making their own life choices and believe in personal accountability and the other side that believes that govt, outside influences and on this case coroporation a and businesses are responsible for shaping a person's choices and career path. 

    I never worked a fast food, minimum wage job in my life.  Yet I moved upward in all jobs and continue to.  I never worked a fast food or minimum wage job ever yet I finished highschool and went to college, finished my undergraduate working a a non-minimum wage job for the school that gave me actual real experience and training for my degree.  I never worked a fast food or minimum wage job during my post graduate degree,  I worked a full time job that my undergraduate degree afforded me.  It was also that job that helped supliment costs of my postgraduate degree. 

    All with out the Minimum wage experience. And even if I had been paid the Relative $15 equivalent work fast food, I would have still gone to school and still sought to move forward because I believed that I could do more, make more and was willing to work for it.   I did not need a business or coporation to piss me of or inspire me. 

    But it's a cultural view in the end of those that believe in personal respsonsibility and accountability and those that do not 



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

    I agree with Lippsman.. This is such a no brainer  for restauruant owners, and will be coming to fast food places soon, particularly here in CA with $15/hour being phased in.    Any difficulty that prior businesses had with kiosks (like Wendy's) could be related to any number of things, including a poorly designed/navigation of the screens.  This will be figured out, and a $15/hour employee  alternative will force the owner to figure out what issues arise.

    This is such an unfortunate outcome ; puts unnecessary pressure on young people that want jobs, but owners realize they are not worth it.  Such a novel concept, huh ?

    I wonder why people think that minimum wage is supposed to be a living wage ?  It's not supposed to be , and its supposed to piss you off enough to better yourself and get yourself a better job.  It's called mobility. 

    People do not "deserve" anything.  They deserve what they are "worth" on the open market. 



    Mobility is not the reason minimum wage jobs exist, nor will it disappear if minimum wage is raised.  Mobility is about personal character and personal choices,  maybe parenting, but a lot goes into a person making career decisions beyond having a minimum wage job.

    It truly is a cultural war we are in.  Those that believe people making their own life choices and believe in personal accountability and the other side that believes that govt, outside influences and on this case coroporation a and businesses are responsible for shaping a person's choices and career path. 

    I never worked a fast food, minimum wage job in my life.  Yet I moved upward in all jobs and continue to.  I never worked a fast food or minimum wage job ever yet I finished highschool and went to college, finished my undergraduate working a a non-minimum wage job for the school that gave me actual real experience and training for my degree.  I never worked a fast food or minimum wage job during my post graduate degree,  I worked a full time job that my undergraduate degree afforded me.  It was also that job that helped supliment costs of my postgraduate degree. 

    All with out the Minimum wage experience. And even if I had been paid the Relative $15 equivalent work fast food, I would have still gone to school and still sought to move forward because I believed that I could do more, make more and was willing to work for it.   I did not need a business or coporation to piss me of or inspire me. 

    But it's a cultural view in the end of those that believe in personal respsonsibility and accountability and those that do not 



     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: May. 14, 2016 - 5:33 PM ET #34

    Min wage is the chain that chokes the lower class and keeps them unable to progress forward. 

    Not all who are min wage workers are slaves, but the majority are. I worked many QSR jobs when I was younger and was a server during college..its tough work. Usually it is thankless, tiring, smelly, stressful and unrewarding. People get themselves in a bad spot due to choices, or just the cruel nature of mortality..that nothing you did or can do makes it possible to avoid disaster, it happens like that all the time.

    The upper class and biz owners need slave labor, whatever the figure is in order to maintain profit margins and pay their risk salaries and returns on their investment. Without a min wage worker, capitalism does not work the same, the advantage and incentive go away if costs go out of line. Its the same reason why corporations have turned to 2 decimal places in serving sizes and play marketing games to fool the public. 

    Keeping slave labor in place also creates a consumer for higher margin trash food that corps peddle to those who are unable due to time, education or funds to buy and prepare healthy food.

    I remember when I was younger that I didnt concentrate much on the quality of the food I ate or the ingredients in those foods. Now I am looking at most every ingredient list, I take the time to prepare foods and purchase things which are healthy and better for my family. People who are stuck on the bottom are LESS able to focus on that second tier type concerns because as what was mentioned above...MIN wage isnt meant to be a living wage, so those stuck in this position are forced to work more than one job and are less able, motivated, whatever to better themselves, prepare healthy food and take care of needs. 

    Its disgusting for sure, I hate seeing people making really bad decisions but unfortunately society will always exist with a gap between those who are in a bad spot like this and those who are not.
    Reply
    Min wage is the chain that chokes the lower class and keeps them unable to progress forward. 

    Not all who are min wage workers are slaves, but the majority are. I worked many QSR jobs when I was younger and was a server during college..its tough work. Usually it is thankless, tiring, smelly, stressful and unrewarding. People get themselves in a bad spot due to choices, or just the cruel nature of mortality..that nothing you did or can do makes it possible to avoid disaster, it happens like that all the time.

    The upper class and biz owners need slave labor, whatever the figure is in order to maintain profit margins and pay their risk salaries and returns on their investment. Without a min wage worker, capitalism does not work the same, the advantage and incentive go away if costs go out of line. Its the same reason why corporations have turned to 2 decimal places in serving sizes and play marketing games to fool the public. 

    Keeping slave labor in place also creates a consumer for higher margin trash food that corps peddle to those who are unable due to time, education or funds to buy and prepare healthy food.

    I remember when I was younger that I didnt concentrate much on the quality of the food I ate or the ingredients in those foods. Now I am looking at most every ingredient list, I take the time to prepare foods and purchase things which are healthy and better for my family. People who are stuck on the bottom are LESS able to focus on that second tier type concerns because as what was mentioned above...MIN wage isnt meant to be a living wage, so those stuck in this position are forced to work more than one job and are less able, motivated, whatever to better themselves, prepare healthy food and take care of needs. 

    Its disgusting for sure, I hate seeing people making really bad decisions but unfortunately society will always exist with a gap between those who are in a bad spot like this and those who are not.
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: May. 14, 2016 - 9:40 PM ET #35

    I hang out with out of different people and one group of international folks always seem to have a different perspective on a lot of these issues. 

    First off they would say that working two jobs is a privilege,  you would be lucky to be able to find two steady jobs that can accommodate your schedule and pay you.  They say that America is so full of opportunity that no one should be on welfare.  They laugh at Americans in their trailor parks collecting their welfare, ebt and fake disability or trying to cash in on settlements.  Anything other than actually working.   Mind you these international guys are minorities and ESL.  so for them the idea that considering the challenges, socially, racially and linguistically, the idea of any white on the govt tab is completely inexcusable.  Yet the majority of the wefare in the country goes to the trailer park welfare white culture that has multiple generations of doing this. 

    Second they said that what idiot wouldn't want a higher minimum wage for themsleves and everyone?  When people are given the prospect of them and others making more money, who would say no thank you to that?  How stupid and disconnected from reality do you have to be to not want more money for yourselves and others? Maybe this would take some of the trailer park white majority of America that is the tax payers burden off of welfare because they couldn't make excuses about not making enough money to make working worth it vs collecting Thier govt checks.

    Third they said that the effects on prices, corporations whatever are not the issue.  Smart businesses will succeed, stupid ones will fail.  Smart people will figure out how to succeed as things change and stupid people will not and fail and need to grasp to status quo because they can't evolve and figure it out.  The weak are absolutely terrified of change because it requires effort on their part and they know that the smart people will figure out how to succeed while they are completely lost.

    They would say, protecting businesses?  That we need to condition people to convince to move upward?  Is this even America?


    Reply
    I hang out with out of different people and one group of international folks always seem to have a different perspective on a lot of these issues. 

    First off they would say that working two jobs is a privilege,  you would be lucky to be able to find two steady jobs that can accommodate your schedule and pay you.  They say that America is so full of opportunity that no one should be on welfare.  They laugh at Americans in their trailor parks collecting their welfare, ebt and fake disability or trying to cash in on settlements.  Anything other than actually working.   Mind you these international guys are minorities and ESL.  so for them the idea that considering the challenges, socially, racially and linguistically, the idea of any white on the govt tab is completely inexcusable.  Yet the majority of the wefare in the country goes to the trailer park welfare white culture that has multiple generations of doing this. 

    Second they said that what idiot wouldn't want a higher minimum wage for themsleves and everyone?  When people are given the prospect of them and others making more money, who would say no thank you to that?  How stupid and disconnected from reality do you have to be to not want more money for yourselves and others? Maybe this would take some of the trailer park white majority of America that is the tax payers burden off of welfare because they couldn't make excuses about not making enough money to make working worth it vs collecting Thier govt checks.

    Third they said that the effects on prices, corporations whatever are not the issue.  Smart businesses will succeed, stupid ones will fail.  Smart people will figure out how to succeed as things change and stupid people will not and fail and need to grasp to status quo because they can't evolve and figure it out.  The weak are absolutely terrified of change because it requires effort on their part and they know that the smart people will figure out how to succeed while they are completely lost.

    They would say, protecting businesses?  That we need to condition people to convince to move upward?  Is this even America?


     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: May. 15, 2016 - 8:47 AM ET #36

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Do you understand that the Corporate CEO to Workers ratio used to be 30-1 back in 1970?  Here we are about half a century forward and the ratio is now 500-1.  Have workers wages increased 16 fold also?  Hardly.  The Middle Class worker has been systematically assassinated.

    Ironically the best example of free-market Capitalism is the Japan Model.  If a Japanese CEO skrews up he is shamed to the point of suicide.  The American Model has the CEO getting a pat on the back for grabbing the available Corporate Welfare.

    I am not up to speed on the Verizon situation and not qualified to comment.  Obviously it affects you more in NJ than myself here in CT.

    Very good point Goose 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Do you understand that the Corporate CEO to Workers ratio used to be 30-1 back in 1970?  Here we are about half a century forward and the ratio is now 500-1.  Have workers wages increased 16 fold also?  Hardly.  The Middle Class worker has been systematically assassinated.

    Ironically the best example of free-market Capitalism is the Japan Model.  If a Japanese CEO skrews up he is shamed to the point of suicide.  The American Model has the CEO getting a pat on the back for grabbing the available Corporate Welfare.

    I am not up to speed on the Verizon situation and not qualified to comment.  Obviously it affects you more in NJ than myself here in CT.

    Very good point Goose 
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: May. 15, 2016 - 3:21 PM ET #37

    Quote Originally Posted by Slovak:

    Sheetz on the East Coast has been using these for years.

    Same with Wawa and other places, but the comparison isnt very good, that is for sandwich orders and wraps, very small volume vs a place like Wendy's.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slovak:

    Sheetz on the East Coast has been using these for years.

    Same with Wawa and other places, but the comparison isnt very good, that is for sandwich orders and wraps, very small volume vs a place like Wendy's.


     
    mainman11111
    mainman11111
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1083
    Posted: May. 15, 2016 - 4:27 PM ET #38

    1/40 kids these days has autism
    1/50 kids is bipolar
    1/33 has adhd
    1/7 is on dope
    1/10 is on prescribed drugs
    1/10 comes from a broken family
    1/8 has a felony record
    1/4 thinks we should give them the world

    and then you got
    ADD, learning disabilities, alcohol...... etc etc...
    i can go on and on and on...
    Reply
    1/40 kids these days has autism
    1/50 kids is bipolar
    1/33 has adhd
    1/7 is on dope
    1/10 is on prescribed drugs
    1/10 comes from a broken family
    1/8 has a felony record
    1/4 thinks we should give them the world

    and then you got
    ADD, learning disabilities, alcohol...... etc etc...
    i can go on and on and on...
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: May. 15, 2016 - 4:55 PM ET #39

    1/16 aliases pretend to have a medical or clinical
    Background posing as a doctor or some other medical professional
    Reply
    1/16 aliases pretend to have a medical or clinical
    Background posing as a doctor or some other medical professional
     
    mainman11111
    mainman11111
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1083
    Posted: May. 15, 2016 - 5:06 PM ET #40

    ignorance is bliss


    america has come a long way...


    Reply
    ignorance is bliss


    america has come a long way...


     
    mainman11111
    mainman11111
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1083
    Posted: May. 15, 2016 - 5:25 PM ET #41

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2L7q5IqthM

    ^

    grocery store with no employees!

    view it and weep it
    Reply
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2L7q5IqthM

    ^

    grocery store with no employees!

    view it and weep it
     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34500
    Posted: May. 17, 2016 - 7:16 AM ET #42

    Another example. May not like it---but it is the wave of the future. The guy also seems to like the accuracy and convenience. 


    www.investors.com/politics/policy/wendys-serves-up-kiosks-as-wages-rise-hits-fast-food-grou
    Reply
    Another example. May not like it---but it is the wave of the future. The guy also seems to like the accuracy and convenience. 


    www.investors.com/politics/policy/wendys-serves-up-kiosks-as-wages-rise-hits-fast-food-grou
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: May. 17, 2016 - 8:31 AM ET #43



    Employee-Less Store.


    More sh!t going out the front door than is paid for.

    Owner is a DOPE. 
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply


    Employee-Less Store.


    More sh!t going out the front door than is paid for.

    Owner is a DOPE. 
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: May. 17, 2016 - 2:33 PM ET #44

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    Another example. May not like it---but it is the wave of the future. The guy also seems to like the accuracy and convenience. 


    www.investors.com/politics/policy/wendys-serves-up-kiosks-as-wages-rise-hits-fast-food-grou

    Isn't this what the OP posted from the beginning?


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    Another example. May not like it---but it is the wave of the future. The guy also seems to like the accuracy and convenience. 


    www.investors.com/politics/policy/wendys-serves-up-kiosks-as-wages-rise-hits-fast-food-grou

    Isn't this what the OP posted from the beginning?


     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34500
    Posted: May. 17, 2016 - 5:13 PM ET #45

    Quote Originally Posted by dl36:


    Isn't this what the OP posted from the beginning?


    Haha!  Yes it is. I copied wrong link. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dl36:


    Isn't this what the OP posted from the beginning?


    Haha!  Yes it is. I copied wrong link. 
     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34500
    Posted: May. 17, 2016 - 5:15 PM ET #46

    This is the other one I saw:

    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/fast-food-workers-becoming-obsolete-182914617.html

    Reply
    This is the other one I saw:

    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/fast-food-workers-becoming-obsolete-182914617.html

     
    Greedybastard
    Greedybastard
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 3022
    Posted: May. 18, 2016 - 11:00 AM ET #47

    The Safeway by my house is too short staffed to man the self checkout kiosks on most days, so I will place a large majority of my items on the scanner and press the "no bar code" button. I will then put on the code for bananas, and essentially pay .39 to .49 cents a pound for all of my groceries. Can't beat 20 pounds of crab legs for 9.80. Some would scream "corporate fukks," but I would scream "seize the opportunity.
    Reply
    The Safeway by my house is too short staffed to man the self checkout kiosks on most days, so I will place a large majority of my items on the scanner and press the "no bar code" button. I will then put on the code for bananas, and essentially pay .39 to .49 cents a pound for all of my groceries. Can't beat 20 pounds of crab legs for 9.80. Some would scream "corporate fukks," but I would scream "seize the opportunity.
     
    Lippsman
    Lippsman
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2001
    Posts: 87445
    Posted: May. 18, 2016 - 12:40 PM ET #48

    Quote Originally Posted by Greedybastard:

    The Safeway by my house is too short staffed to man the self checkout kiosks on most days, so I will place a large majority of my items on the scanner and press the "no bar code" button. I will then put on the code for bananas, and essentially pay .39 to .49 cents a pound for all of my groceries. Can't beat 20 pounds of crab legs for 9.80. Some would scream "corporate fukks," but I would scream "seize the opportunity.

    I scream common thief
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedybastard:

    The Safeway by my house is too short staffed to man the self checkout kiosks on most days, so I will place a large majority of my items on the scanner and press the "no bar code" button. I will then put on the code for bananas, and essentially pay .39 to .49 cents a pound for all of my groceries. Can't beat 20 pounds of crab legs for 9.80. Some would scream "corporate fukks," but I would scream "seize the opportunity.

    I scream common thief
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: May. 18, 2016 - 1:39 PM ET #49

    Quote Originally Posted by Greedybastard:

    The Safeway by my house is too short staffed to man the self checkout kiosks on most days, so I will place a large majority of my items on the scanner and press the "no bar code" button. I will then put on the code for bananas, and essentially pay .39 to .49 cents a pound for all of my groceries. Can't beat 20 pounds of crab legs for 9.80. Some would scream "corporate fukks," but I would scream "seize the opportunity.

    That's terrible.  It's one thing to take a Habanero pepper like Scal did but you're just flat-out stealing.  
    A grown man stealing food 


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedybastard:

    The Safeway by my house is too short staffed to man the self checkout kiosks on most days, so I will place a large majority of my items on the scanner and press the "no bar code" button. I will then put on the code for bananas, and essentially pay .39 to .49 cents a pound for all of my groceries. Can't beat 20 pounds of crab legs for 9.80. Some would scream "corporate fukks," but I would scream "seize the opportunity.

    That's terrible.  It's one thing to take a Habanero pepper like Scal did but you're just flat-out stealing.  
    A grown man stealing food 


     
     
    idle_havoc
    idle_havoc
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 4518
    Posted: May. 18, 2016 - 2:53 PM ET #50

    Quote Originally Posted by Greedybastard:

    The Safeway by my house is too short staffed to man the self checkout kiosks on most days, so I will place a large majority of my items on the scanner and press the "no bar code" button. I will then put on the code for bananas, and essentially pay .39 to .49 cents a pound for all of my groceries. Can't beat 20 pounds of crab legs for 9.80. Some would scream "corporate fukks," but I would scream "seize the opportunity.

    Maybe short staffed because they can't afford staff due to thieves like you.
    Gotta go pee!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedybastard:

    The Safeway by my house is too short staffed to man the self checkout kiosks on most days, so I will place a large majority of my items on the scanner and press the "no bar code" button. I will then put on the code for bananas, and essentially pay .39 to .49 cents a pound for all of my groceries. Can't beat 20 pounds of crab legs for 9.80. Some would scream "corporate fukks," but I would scream "seize the opportunity.

    Maybe short staffed because they can't afford staff due to thieves like you.
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,355
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 435
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,888
    • PART DEUX 150
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 842
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,853
    • Week 6 Money 8,347
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,235
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,238

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.