• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Wendy’s Serves Up Big Kiosk Expansion As Wage Hikes Hit Fast Food

    123 Next Last»
    Lippsman
    TheGoldenGoose
    wallstreetcappers
    TRAIN69
    Rush51
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2300
    Posts: 59
    123 Next Last»
     
    Lippsman
    Lippsman
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2001
    Posts: 87445
    Posted: May. 12, 2016 - 8:08 PM ET #1

    So fast food workers wanted to fight for $15 an hour for an unskilled job. Well you are getting exactly what you wanted. Enjoy the unemployment line

    https://www.investors.com/politics/policy/wendys-serves-up-kiosks-as-wages-rise-hits-fast-food-group/
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    So fast food workers wanted to fight for $15 an hour for an unskilled job. Well you are getting exactly what you wanted. Enjoy the unemployment line

    https://www.investors.com/politics/policy/wendys-serves-up-kiosks-as-wages-rise-hits-fast-food-group/
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: May. 12, 2016 - 8:49 PM ET #2

    LOL and the Corporate Fukks will get exactly what they deserve.  No Customers.

    Today in a Large Supermarket Store they had ONE Main Checkout Lane open, ONE Express checkout lane open (for 12 items or less), and FOUR Check Yourself Out Lanes.  I had about twenty items.  I chose to go into the Express Lane.

    So when I start checking out, the line is now six people deep.  The cashier tries to "shame me" by saying I have over twelve items.  Trying to put the blame ON ME for the long wait line.

    No, no, no, no, no.  I have TWO separate orders here Ma'am.  Each are UNDER TWELVE ITEMS.  But, perhaps, if your Manager would have more cashiers on duty instead of FOUR SELF-SERVE Cashiers, the customers would be more satisfied.  I said it loudly so everybody heard and the monkey was OFF MY BACK and over to Management who is responsible for this clusterfukk.

    Corporate Fukks trying to pass the buck onto the workers and customers.

    Maybe if there had be some logical wage increments to the minimum wage laws over the past fifteen years we would not be facing such a steep increment to catch workers up to a reasonable "Living Wage".

    DO NOT blame the workers because the Middle Class has been systematically assassinated by the Corporate Fukks.

    I will NEVER use a self-serve Kiosk whether it be Fast Food, the Grocery Store, or any other Corporate Fukk attempt to dump extra work on the workers or customers.
     
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    LOL and the Corporate Fukks will get exactly what they deserve.  No Customers.

    Today in a Large Supermarket Store they had ONE Main Checkout Lane open, ONE Express checkout lane open (for 12 items or less), and FOUR Check Yourself Out Lanes.  I had about twenty items.  I chose to go into the Express Lane.

    So when I start checking out, the line is now six people deep.  The cashier tries to "shame me" by saying I have over twelve items.  Trying to put the blame ON ME for the long wait line.

    No, no, no, no, no.  I have TWO separate orders here Ma'am.  Each are UNDER TWELVE ITEMS.  But, perhaps, if your Manager would have more cashiers on duty instead of FOUR SELF-SERVE Cashiers, the customers would be more satisfied.  I said it loudly so everybody heard and the monkey was OFF MY BACK and over to Management who is responsible for this clusterfukk.

    Corporate Fukks trying to pass the buck onto the workers and customers.

    Maybe if there had be some logical wage increments to the minimum wage laws over the past fifteen years we would not be facing such a steep increment to catch workers up to a reasonable "Living Wage".

    DO NOT blame the workers because the Middle Class has been systematically assassinated by the Corporate Fukks.

    I will NEVER use a self-serve Kiosk whether it be Fast Food, the Grocery Store, or any other Corporate Fukk attempt to dump extra work on the workers or customers.
     
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: May. 12, 2016 - 9:13 PM ET #3

    This happened in the past too, self serve kiosks in places like Burger King.

    They flopped, its too much of a learning curve and it slows down speed of service..slow speed of service means slow sales, it means customers will not want to visit because they are not motivated to self-order.

    This will end up being a dumb short sided decision for the company, and Wendy's has made many poor decisions in the past so its right in line with their past mistakes.

    I use a self serve all the time in grocery stores because the service lines are too long otherwise, not because I want to liberate myself.

    The segment of proficient, interested customers that will utilize this is much smaller than they are anticipating, but it takes getting smacked around to change..and so they will figure it out by losing money and slowing speed of service.
    Reply
    This happened in the past too, self serve kiosks in places like Burger King.

    They flopped, its too much of a learning curve and it slows down speed of service..slow speed of service means slow sales, it means customers will not want to visit because they are not motivated to self-order.

    This will end up being a dumb short sided decision for the company, and Wendy's has made many poor decisions in the past so its right in line with their past mistakes.

    I use a self serve all the time in grocery stores because the service lines are too long otherwise, not because I want to liberate myself.

    The segment of proficient, interested customers that will utilize this is much smaller than they are anticipating, but it takes getting smacked around to change..and so they will figure it out by losing money and slowing speed of service.
     
    Lippsman
    Lippsman
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2001
    Posts: 87445
    Posted: May. 12, 2016 - 9:26 PM ET #4

    I will always use a self serve kiosk. Much faster than the other lines and as you know I embrace tech. I have set up a number of Mickey D's kiosk and they are doing pretty well. 

    The old farts will hate it and the younger people will love it. Face it, the younger ones are the future and the ones that will make it stick. 
    Reply
    I will always use a self serve kiosk. Much faster than the other lines and as you know I embrace tech. I have set up a number of Mickey D's kiosk and they are doing pretty well. 

    The old farts will hate it and the younger people will love it. Face it, the younger ones are the future and the ones that will make it stick. 
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55731
    Posted: May. 12, 2016 - 9:30 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    LOL and the Corporate Fukks will get exactly what they deserve.  No Customers.

    Today in a Large Supermarket Store they had ONE Main Checkout Lane open, ONE Express checkout lane open (for 12 items or less), and FOUR Check Yourself Out Lanes.  I had about twenty items.  I chose to go into the Express Lane.

    So when I start checking out, the line is now six people deep.  The cashier tries to "shame me" by saying I have over twelve items.  Trying to put the blame ON ME for the long wait line.

    No, no, no, no, no.  I have TWO separate orders here Ma'am.  Each are UNDER TWELVE ITEMS.  But, perhaps, if your Manager would have more cashiers on duty instead of FOUR SELF-SERVE Cashiers, the customers would be more satisfied.  I said it loudly so everybody heard and the monkey was OFF MY BACK and over to Management who is responsible for this clusterfukk.

    Corporate Fukks trying to pass the buck onto the workers and customers.

    Maybe if there had be some logical wage increments to the minimum wage laws over the past fifteen years we would not be facing such a steep increment to catch workers up to a reasonable "Living Wage".

    DO NOT blame the workers because the Middle Class has been systematically assassinated by the Corporate Fukks.

    I will NEVER use a self-serve Kiosk whether it be Fast Food, the Grocery Store, or any other Corporate Fukk attempt to dump extra work on the workers or customers.
     
    So you can read....12 items or less. Its not the stores fault that some people wanna be A Holes to be A Holes.....You were definately wrong in this spot. Why cant you check yourself out? Its really not that hard. The only point you proved was in your blind hatred of "corporate fukks", you made people wait in the express line....

    So you were a "noncorporate fukk". 12 items or less brother, it say right there on the sign. I guess if you wanna go 100 mph its fine too even though everybody else limit is 70....I know lots of people like you. Everyone around them is a jerk or stupid.....ya know what i've learned....

    Those people are usually wrong and are A Holes 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    LOL and the Corporate Fukks will get exactly what they deserve.  No Customers.

    Today in a Large Supermarket Store they had ONE Main Checkout Lane open, ONE Express checkout lane open (for 12 items or less), and FOUR Check Yourself Out Lanes.  I had about twenty items.  I chose to go into the Express Lane.

    So when I start checking out, the line is now six people deep.  The cashier tries to "shame me" by saying I have over twelve items.  Trying to put the blame ON ME for the long wait line.

    No, no, no, no, no.  I have TWO separate orders here Ma'am.  Each are UNDER TWELVE ITEMS.  But, perhaps, if your Manager would have more cashiers on duty instead of FOUR SELF-SERVE Cashiers, the customers would be more satisfied.  I said it loudly so everybody heard and the monkey was OFF MY BACK and over to Management who is responsible for this clusterfukk.

    Corporate Fukks trying to pass the buck onto the workers and customers.

    Maybe if there had be some logical wage increments to the minimum wage laws over the past fifteen years we would not be facing such a steep increment to catch workers up to a reasonable "Living Wage".

    DO NOT blame the workers because the Middle Class has been systematically assassinated by the Corporate Fukks.

    I will NEVER use a self-serve Kiosk whether it be Fast Food, the Grocery Store, or any other Corporate Fukk attempt to dump extra work on the workers or customers.
     
    So you can read....12 items or less. Its not the stores fault that some people wanna be A Holes to be A Holes.....You were definately wrong in this spot. Why cant you check yourself out? Its really not that hard. The only point you proved was in your blind hatred of "corporate fukks", you made people wait in the express line....

    So you were a "noncorporate fukk". 12 items or less brother, it say right there on the sign. I guess if you wanna go 100 mph its fine too even though everybody else limit is 70....I know lots of people like you. Everyone around them is a jerk or stupid.....ya know what i've learned....

    Those people are usually wrong and are A Holes 
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: May. 12, 2016 - 9:42 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Lippsman:

    I will always use a self serve kiosk. Much faster than the other lines and as you know I embrace tech. I have set up a number of Mickey D's kiosk and they are doing pretty well. 

    The old farts will hate it and the younger people will love it. Face it, the younger ones are the future and the ones that will make it stick. 

    We both know that the number of kiosks needed is large..the grocery stores around here have them and if there is anything less than 10 kiosks things really bog down...and even then it is slow because for every one slow person it sets back the queue much longer. 

    The cost savings between the equipment vs a paid employee isnt that large because the speed of service goes down, the ability to upsell goes away and the guest experience can be worse, plus these kiosks need an employee to monitor their performance and answer questions.

    If I were running a business I would never do kiosks like that, I would try other avenues like online ordering in advance or app ordering etc which costs next to nothing and is more efficient.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Lippsman:

    I will always use a self serve kiosk. Much faster than the other lines and as you know I embrace tech. I have set up a number of Mickey D's kiosk and they are doing pretty well. 

    The old farts will hate it and the younger people will love it. Face it, the younger ones are the future and the ones that will make it stick. 

    We both know that the number of kiosks needed is large..the grocery stores around here have them and if there is anything less than 10 kiosks things really bog down...and even then it is slow because for every one slow person it sets back the queue much longer. 

    The cost savings between the equipment vs a paid employee isnt that large because the speed of service goes down, the ability to upsell goes away and the guest experience can be worse, plus these kiosks need an employee to monitor their performance and answer questions.

    If I were running a business I would never do kiosks like that, I would try other avenues like online ordering in advance or app ordering etc which costs next to nothing and is more efficient.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: May. 12, 2016 - 9:52 PM ET #7

    Here we go with the name calling again.

    Because I REFUSE to use the Corporate Fukk KIOSK..

    That's MY business sir.

    If I wanted to use a Kiosk I could have stayed home and have my order delivered to my personal address.

    Again, I will NEVER USE A CORPORATE FUKK KIOSK

    GET IT???  GOT IT??? GOOD???

    NOW LEAVE ME THE FUKK ALONE YOU CORPORATE CREEP.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Here we go with the name calling again.

    Because I REFUSE to use the Corporate Fukk KIOSK..

    That's MY business sir.

    If I wanted to use a Kiosk I could have stayed home and have my order delivered to my personal address.

    Again, I will NEVER USE A CORPORATE FUKK KIOSK

    GET IT???  GOT IT??? GOOD???

    NOW LEAVE ME THE FUKK ALONE YOU CORPORATE CREEP.
     
    Lippsman
    Lippsman
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2001
    Posts: 87445
    Posted: May. 12, 2016 - 10:10 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:


    We both know that the number of kiosks needed is large..the grocery stores around here have them and if there is anything less than 10 kiosks things really bog down...and even then it is slow because for every one slow person it sets back the queue much longer. 

    The cost savings between the equipment vs a paid employee isnt that large because the speed of service goes down, the ability to upsell goes away and the guest experience can be worse, plus these kiosks need an employee to monitor their performance and answer questions.

    If I were running a business I would never do kiosks like that, I would try other avenues like online ordering in advance or app ordering etc which costs next to nothing and is more efficient.

    I don't agree at all, there are plenty of checkout and fast food workers that are slow also at the registers. Once the customers go through the self checkout and ordering process a few times they speed along.  I don't think Wendy's is going all self serve and in the smaller fast food stores I don't even think they can go self serve without losing a hunk of seating. 

    Also just cost wise it's a no brainer for the owners. That machine is much less to run in the long run. They never demand more wages, you never have to train them, they never get sick (Well I guess they will sometime), you don't have to put any money to SS or unemployment for them. The Mickey D's ones I installed have been very solid. The only problems have been communication with the home office servers that was a problem on their end. 

    All updates are just software, so no problem there.  The biggest problem would being having to replace a screen, but solid so far, and they can take a good bit of abuse.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:


    We both know that the number of kiosks needed is large..the grocery stores around here have them and if there is anything less than 10 kiosks things really bog down...and even then it is slow because for every one slow person it sets back the queue much longer. 

    The cost savings between the equipment vs a paid employee isnt that large because the speed of service goes down, the ability to upsell goes away and the guest experience can be worse, plus these kiosks need an employee to monitor their performance and answer questions.

    If I were running a business I would never do kiosks like that, I would try other avenues like online ordering in advance or app ordering etc which costs next to nothing and is more efficient.

    I don't agree at all, there are plenty of checkout and fast food workers that are slow also at the registers. Once the customers go through the self checkout and ordering process a few times they speed along.  I don't think Wendy's is going all self serve and in the smaller fast food stores I don't even think they can go self serve without losing a hunk of seating. 

    Also just cost wise it's a no brainer for the owners. That machine is much less to run in the long run. They never demand more wages, you never have to train them, they never get sick (Well I guess they will sometime), you don't have to put any money to SS or unemployment for them. The Mickey D's ones I installed have been very solid. The only problems have been communication with the home office servers that was a problem on their end. 

    All updates are just software, so no problem there.  The biggest problem would being having to replace a screen, but solid so far, and they can take a good bit of abuse.  
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55731
    Posted: May. 12, 2016 - 10:16 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    Here we go with the name calling again.

    Because I REFUSE to use the Corporate Fukk KIOSK..

    That's MY business sir.

    If I wanted to use a Kiosk I could have stayed home and have my order delivered to my personal address.

    Again, I will NEVER USE A CORPORATE FUKK KIOSK

    GET IT???  GOT IT??? GOOD???

    NOW LEAVE ME THE FUKK ALONE YOU CORPORATE CREEP.
    Nah, youre just self absorbed. By not using the kiosk you made yourself happy (weirdly) and made the poor person working there feel bad and as you stated, 6 PEOPLE WERE WAITING BECAUSE OF YOU!!! 

    7 people angry because you think youre proving a moot point? 


    Not worth it. You're not more important than 7 people or their time. Use the kiosk. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    Here we go with the name calling again.

    Because I REFUSE to use the Corporate Fukk KIOSK..

    That's MY business sir.

    If I wanted to use a Kiosk I could have stayed home and have my order delivered to my personal address.

    Again, I will NEVER USE A CORPORATE FUKK KIOSK

    GET IT???  GOT IT??? GOOD???

    NOW LEAVE ME THE FUKK ALONE YOU CORPORATE CREEP.
    Nah, youre just self absorbed. By not using the kiosk you made yourself happy (weirdly) and made the poor person working there feel bad and as you stated, 6 PEOPLE WERE WAITING BECAUSE OF YOU!!! 

    7 people angry because you think youre proving a moot point? 


    Not worth it. You're not more important than 7 people or their time. Use the kiosk. 
     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: May. 12, 2016 - 11:23 PM ET #10

    I agree with Lippsman.. This is such a no brainer  for restauruant owners, and will be coming to fast food places soon, particularly here in CA with $15/hour being phased in.    Any difficulty that prior businesses had with kiosks (like Wendy's) could be related to any number of things, including a poorly designed/navigation of the screens.  This will be figured out, and a $15/hour employee  alternative will force the owner to figure out what issues arise.

    This is such an unfortunate outcome ; puts unnecessary pressure on young people that want jobs, but owners realize they are not worth it.  Such a novel concept, huh ?

    I wonder why people think that minimum wage is supposed to be a living wage ?  It's not supposed to be , and its supposed to piss you off enough to better yourself and get yourself a better job.  It's called mobility. 

    People do not "deserve" anything.  They deserve what they are "worth" on the open market. 

    Reply

    I agree with Lippsman.. This is such a no brainer  for restauruant owners, and will be coming to fast food places soon, particularly here in CA with $15/hour being phased in.    Any difficulty that prior businesses had with kiosks (like Wendy's) could be related to any number of things, including a poorly designed/navigation of the screens.  This will be figured out, and a $15/hour employee  alternative will force the owner to figure out what issues arise.

    This is such an unfortunate outcome ; puts unnecessary pressure on young people that want jobs, but owners realize they are not worth it.  Such a novel concept, huh ?

    I wonder why people think that minimum wage is supposed to be a living wage ?  It's not supposed to be , and its supposed to piss you off enough to better yourself and get yourself a better job.  It's called mobility. 

    People do not "deserve" anything.  They deserve what they are "worth" on the open market. 

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: May. 12, 2016 - 11:39 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Lippsman:


    I don't agree at all, there are plenty of checkout and fast food workers that are slow also at the registers. Once the customers go through the self checkout and ordering process a few times they speed along.  I don't think Wendy's is going all self serve and in the smaller fast food stores I don't even think they can go self serve without losing a hunk of seating. 

    Also just cost wise it's a no brainer for the owners. That machine is much less to run in the long run. They never demand more wages, you never have to train them, they never get sick (Well I guess they will sometime), you don't have to put any money to SS or unemployment for them. The Mickey D's ones I installed have been very solid. The only problems have been communication with the home office servers that was a problem on their end. 

    All updates are just software, so no problem there.  The biggest problem would being having to replace a screen, but solid so far, and they can take a good bit of abuse.  

    My analysis here and in past discussions is how these impact operations and the reasons I give/gave why they fail are based only on the net effect on profitability.

    The two key measures of running a QSR is speed of service and check average...these two items are what either makes or breaks a business. Of course operations need to be running smooth with good employees and good cost of goods sold etc...but really what it all comes down to is speed of service and check average.

    Why I think a kiosk fails is those two issues...I think speed of service during peak hours will be worse and I think check average will be lower. That is my analysis given my background of course and I think the very need of these kiosks uncovers operational weaknesses in these businesses that should be fixed from a management approach, not buying a kiosk.

    The value of a solid hard working casher and expediter is exponential. If you have a cashier who knows the menu, knows how to upsell and create a positive guest experience, the value of that ability is greater than 3-5 times their hourly wage. If you have a cashier that can raise the check average up 5-15 bps the value to the business is huge, plus if that cashier can beat speed of service goals, that means more sales AND more profits.

    Solid businesses know the value of good employees and they will pay for those services because they know that the return on investment/costs is the best return in the restaurant. If you have a cashier that can move the line and upsell, you will make so much more money than a kiosk it isnt even a close comparison. But it is difficult to find that skill set and it is a difficult job task that few can do.

    I think a business that is seeking to reduce labor by self-serve kiosks does not understand the concept of upselling and speed of service, that NOTHING matters more than check average and speed of service. Ive seen operations that crush lunch hour sales and do so efficiently...you will never see an empty dining room of a clean, efficiently run place. I dont see how these kiosks will last very long and it is a recipe for a loss in sales, loss in speed of service and a loss in employee morale.

    Its a big mistake IMO...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Lippsman:


    I don't agree at all, there are plenty of checkout and fast food workers that are slow also at the registers. Once the customers go through the self checkout and ordering process a few times they speed along.  I don't think Wendy's is going all self serve and in the smaller fast food stores I don't even think they can go self serve without losing a hunk of seating. 

    Also just cost wise it's a no brainer for the owners. That machine is much less to run in the long run. They never demand more wages, you never have to train them, they never get sick (Well I guess they will sometime), you don't have to put any money to SS or unemployment for them. The Mickey D's ones I installed have been very solid. The only problems have been communication with the home office servers that was a problem on their end. 

    All updates are just software, so no problem there.  The biggest problem would being having to replace a screen, but solid so far, and they can take a good bit of abuse.  

    My analysis here and in past discussions is how these impact operations and the reasons I give/gave why they fail are based only on the net effect on profitability.

    The two key measures of running a QSR is speed of service and check average...these two items are what either makes or breaks a business. Of course operations need to be running smooth with good employees and good cost of goods sold etc...but really what it all comes down to is speed of service and check average.

    Why I think a kiosk fails is those two issues...I think speed of service during peak hours will be worse and I think check average will be lower. That is my analysis given my background of course and I think the very need of these kiosks uncovers operational weaknesses in these businesses that should be fixed from a management approach, not buying a kiosk.

    The value of a solid hard working casher and expediter is exponential. If you have a cashier who knows the menu, knows how to upsell and create a positive guest experience, the value of that ability is greater than 3-5 times their hourly wage. If you have a cashier that can raise the check average up 5-15 bps the value to the business is huge, plus if that cashier can beat speed of service goals, that means more sales AND more profits.

    Solid businesses know the value of good employees and they will pay for those services because they know that the return on investment/costs is the best return in the restaurant. If you have a cashier that can move the line and upsell, you will make so much more money than a kiosk it isnt even a close comparison. But it is difficult to find that skill set and it is a difficult job task that few can do.

    I think a business that is seeking to reduce labor by self-serve kiosks does not understand the concept of upselling and speed of service, that NOTHING matters more than check average and speed of service. Ive seen operations that crush lunch hour sales and do so efficiently...you will never see an empty dining room of a clean, efficiently run place. I dont see how these kiosks will last very long and it is a recipe for a loss in sales, loss in speed of service and a loss in employee morale.

    Its a big mistake IMO...
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55731
    Posted: May. 13, 2016 - 12:05 AM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:


    My analysis here and in past discussions is how these impact operations and the reasons I give/gave why they fail are based only on the net effect on profitability.

    The two key measures of running a QSR is speed of service and check average...these two items are what either makes or breaks a business. Of course operations need to be running smooth with good employees and good cost of goods sold etc...but really what it all comes down to is speed of service and check average.

    Why I think a kiosk fails is those two issues...I think speed of service during peak hours will be worse and I think check average will be lower. That is my analysis given my background of course and I think the very need of these kiosks uncovers operational weaknesses in these businesses that should be fixed from a management approach, not buying a kiosk.

    The value of a solid hard working casher and expediter is exponential. If you have a cashier who knows the menu, knows how to upsell and create a positive guest experience, the value of that ability is greater than 3-5 times their hourly wage. If you have a cashier that can raise the check average up 5-15 bps the value to the business is huge, plus if that cashier can beat speed of service goals, that means more sales AND more profits.

    Solid businesses know the value of good employees and they will pay for those services because they know that the return on investment/costs is the best return in the restaurant. If you have a cashier that can move the line and upsell, you will make so much more money than a kiosk it isnt even a close comparison. But it is difficult to find that skill set and it is a difficult job task that few can do.

    I think a business that is seeking to reduce labor by self-serve kiosks does not understand the concept of upselling and speed of service, that NOTHING matters more than check average and speed of service. Ive seen operations that crush lunch hour sales and do so efficiently...you will never see an empty dining room of a clean, efficiently run place. I dont see how these kiosks will last very long and it is a recipe for a loss in sales, loss in speed of service and a loss in employee morale.

    Its a big mistake IMO...
    I agree 100%....However.....Have you been to a fast food restaurant recently? Cant remember the last time either A) I got everything I ordered or B) if I did get it all it was correct . The average person working a tuesday at 10 am at McDonalds could care less about his/her employers and I can pretty much gaurantee they wont be "upselling". Its almost like you are bothering them when you step up to order....

    The only place I will say is not that was is Chick Filet . Always outstanding customer service and food. Probably the reason the can afford to be closed every sunday....

    If you can find highly motivated people to work the counters and man the headset, you are correct. The problem is the number of those people is greatly exceeded by the number of positions available/needed. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:


    My analysis here and in past discussions is how these impact operations and the reasons I give/gave why they fail are based only on the net effect on profitability.

    The two key measures of running a QSR is speed of service and check average...these two items are what either makes or breaks a business. Of course operations need to be running smooth with good employees and good cost of goods sold etc...but really what it all comes down to is speed of service and check average.

    Why I think a kiosk fails is those two issues...I think speed of service during peak hours will be worse and I think check average will be lower. That is my analysis given my background of course and I think the very need of these kiosks uncovers operational weaknesses in these businesses that should be fixed from a management approach, not buying a kiosk.

    The value of a solid hard working casher and expediter is exponential. If you have a cashier who knows the menu, knows how to upsell and create a positive guest experience, the value of that ability is greater than 3-5 times their hourly wage. If you have a cashier that can raise the check average up 5-15 bps the value to the business is huge, plus if that cashier can beat speed of service goals, that means more sales AND more profits.

    Solid businesses know the value of good employees and they will pay for those services because they know that the return on investment/costs is the best return in the restaurant. If you have a cashier that can move the line and upsell, you will make so much more money than a kiosk it isnt even a close comparison. But it is difficult to find that skill set and it is a difficult job task that few can do.

    I think a business that is seeking to reduce labor by self-serve kiosks does not understand the concept of upselling and speed of service, that NOTHING matters more than check average and speed of service. Ive seen operations that crush lunch hour sales and do so efficiently...you will never see an empty dining room of a clean, efficiently run place. I dont see how these kiosks will last very long and it is a recipe for a loss in sales, loss in speed of service and a loss in employee morale.

    Its a big mistake IMO...
    I agree 100%....However.....Have you been to a fast food restaurant recently? Cant remember the last time either A) I got everything I ordered or B) if I did get it all it was correct . The average person working a tuesday at 10 am at McDonalds could care less about his/her employers and I can pretty much gaurantee they wont be "upselling". Its almost like you are bothering them when you step up to order....

    The only place I will say is not that was is Chick Filet . Always outstanding customer service and food. Probably the reason the can afford to be closed every sunday....

    If you can find highly motivated people to work the counters and man the headset, you are correct. The problem is the number of those people is greatly exceeded by the number of positions available/needed. 
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: May. 13, 2016 - 12:24 AM ET #13

    I rarely go to fast food places, prefer to go to non-franchise places if possible.  But when ever I do go for fast food I never get shorted on my order, and it is exactly what I ordered.  It's also prepared and put together pretty well.  

    Maybe I just don't the kinds of volume needed to encounter so many errors. I guess if you're eating it daily evnetually things fail, but that's probably true of any restaurant 
    Reply
    I rarely go to fast food places, prefer to go to non-franchise places if possible.  But when ever I do go for fast food I never get shorted on my order, and it is exactly what I ordered.  It's also prepared and put together pretty well.  

    Maybe I just don't the kinds of volume needed to encounter so many errors. I guess if you're eating it daily evnetually things fail, but that's probably true of any restaurant 
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: May. 13, 2016 - 12:41 AM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

     
    This will end up being a dumb short sided decision for the company, and Wendy's has made many poor decisions in the past so its right in line with their past mistakes.



    Like having founder Dave Thomas' fat ugly redheaded daughter be the face of the company after he passed away. She was replaced by the hot skinny version real quick - and she's still there today.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

     
    This will end up being a dumb short sided decision for the company, and Wendy's has made many poor decisions in the past so its right in line with their past mistakes.



    Like having founder Dave Thomas' fat ugly redheaded daughter be the face of the company after he passed away. She was replaced by the hot skinny version real quick - and she's still there today.....
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: May. 13, 2016 - 12:56 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    I agree 100%....However.....Have you been to a fast food restaurant recently? Cant remember the last time either A) I got everything I ordered or B) if I did get it all it was correct . The average person working a tuesday at 10 am at McDonalds could care less about his/her employers and I can pretty much gaurantee they wont be "upselling". Its almost like you are bothering them when you step up to order....

    The only place I will say is not that was is Chick Filet . Always outstanding customer service and food. Probably the reason the can afford to be closed every sunday....

    If you can find highly motivated people to work the counters and man the headset, you are correct. The problem is the number of those people is greatly exceeded by the number of positions available/needed. 

    Yeah the higher priced places usually pay workers more and their experience/maturity shows...places like Chipotle, 5 Guys In and Out etc...you will find older, more responsible employees making more money.

    What is the REAL truth is you can afford to pay solid employees double their rate because if they are that solid, they PAY you with their efficiencies, profit generation and how developing relationships with the customer DRIVES sales.

    I'd pay a top notch cashier 15 plus an hour, if you break that down to cost per ticket it is PENNIES, it really is nothing.

    Cashiers, especially solid drive-thru cashiers are worth every penny you can pay them.

    The problem is places like McD's, Wendys, BK etc are not willing to pay and train good people so they are constantly in losing the turnover battle and are looking for useless fixes like kiosks.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    I agree 100%....However.....Have you been to a fast food restaurant recently? Cant remember the last time either A) I got everything I ordered or B) if I did get it all it was correct . The average person working a tuesday at 10 am at McDonalds could care less about his/her employers and I can pretty much gaurantee they wont be "upselling". Its almost like you are bothering them when you step up to order....

    The only place I will say is not that was is Chick Filet . Always outstanding customer service and food. Probably the reason the can afford to be closed every sunday....

    If you can find highly motivated people to work the counters and man the headset, you are correct. The problem is the number of those people is greatly exceeded by the number of positions available/needed. 

    Yeah the higher priced places usually pay workers more and their experience/maturity shows...places like Chipotle, 5 Guys In and Out etc...you will find older, more responsible employees making more money.

    What is the REAL truth is you can afford to pay solid employees double their rate because if they are that solid, they PAY you with their efficiencies, profit generation and how developing relationships with the customer DRIVES sales.

    I'd pay a top notch cashier 15 plus an hour, if you break that down to cost per ticket it is PENNIES, it really is nothing.

    Cashiers, especially solid drive-thru cashiers are worth every penny you can pay them.

    The problem is places like McD's, Wendys, BK etc are not willing to pay and train good people so they are constantly in losing the turnover battle and are looking for useless fixes like kiosks.


     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: May. 13, 2016 - 1:19 AM ET #16

    I think kiosks might work well for some people, especially younger people that are used to being more independent shoppers.  Meaning people that buy things in the Internet and do all the research themselves.

    It seems like an older person would put the emphasis on the sales person, cashier, etc.  a younger person who grew up with self pay options in grocery stores and places like Walmart might be more comfortable in the kiosk transaction, while an older person dependent upon another human to make a purchase or transaction would feel awkward and out of place posed with that level of customer independence.

    Standing there with a confused blank stare as they have never swiped a bar code at a register in their life and like old people often do, they don't want to touch anything or break the machine, so they just stand hoping that a live person will save them from this situation of customer independence.  But for most mellenials and younger generations this might actually be a selling point 

    Reply
    I think kiosks might work well for some people, especially younger people that are used to being more independent shoppers.  Meaning people that buy things in the Internet and do all the research themselves.

    It seems like an older person would put the emphasis on the sales person, cashier, etc.  a younger person who grew up with self pay options in grocery stores and places like Walmart might be more comfortable in the kiosk transaction, while an older person dependent upon another human to make a purchase or transaction would feel awkward and out of place posed with that level of customer independence.

    Standing there with a confused blank stare as they have never swiped a bar code at a register in their life and like old people often do, they don't want to touch anything or break the machine, so they just stand hoping that a live person will save them from this situation of customer independence.  But for most mellenials and younger generations this might actually be a selling point 

     
    Crusher13
    Crusher13
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 8067
    Posted: May. 13, 2016 - 1:09 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    LOL and the Corporate Fukks will get exactly what they deserve.  No Customers.

    Today in a Large Supermarket Store they had ONE Main Checkout Lane open, ONE Express checkout lane open (for 12 items or less), and FOUR Check Yourself Out Lanes.  I had about twenty items.  I chose to go into the Express Lane.

    So when I start checking out, the line is now six people deep.  The cashier tries to "shame me" by saying I have over twelve items.  Trying to put the blame ON ME for the long wait line.

    No, no, no, no, no.  I have TWO separate orders here Ma'am.  Each are UNDER TWELVE ITEMS.  But, perhaps, if your Manager would have more cashiers on duty instead of FOUR SELF-SERVE Cashiers, the customers would be more satisfied.  I said it loudly so everybody heard and the monkey was OFF MY BACK and over to Management who is responsible for this clusterfukk.

    Corporate Fukks trying to pass the buck onto the workers and customers.

    Maybe if there had be some logical wage increments to the minimum wage laws over the past fifteen years we would not be facing such a steep increment to catch workers up to a reasonable "Living Wage".

    DO NOT blame the workers because the Middle Class has been systematically assassinated by the Corporate Fukks.

    I will NEVER use a self-serve Kiosk whether it be Fast Food, the Grocery Store, or any other Corporate Fukk attempt to dump extra work on the workers or customers.
     

     

    GG, like Train astutely points out as do the mods who chime in this excellent thread OP...you are showing your AGE, stubbornness, and non rebellious acceptance of CHANGE and the future WE ALL are transistioning into our very near world we will inhabit in the good ole USA..

    I feel you Cova's brother but our world is changing EXTREMELY fast and furious. .Accept it and move on..Like posted already, the more you do it( ie repetition to some of us dumb fukks, not corporate ones that is) KIOSKS will be ALWAYS have to place our orders or PAY...

    I sense you haven't been out to the track lately where those self kiosks are the FASTEST and eziest way tp wager at Suffolk Downs(Belmont, CD.....) AND get paid should u have any handicapping skills..

    Personally, I love it and really wished had tons more technology skills...it's the NEW WORLD we live in...

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    LOL and the Corporate Fukks will get exactly what they deserve.  No Customers.

    Today in a Large Supermarket Store they had ONE Main Checkout Lane open, ONE Express checkout lane open (for 12 items or less), and FOUR Check Yourself Out Lanes.  I had about twenty items.  I chose to go into the Express Lane.

    So when I start checking out, the line is now six people deep.  The cashier tries to "shame me" by saying I have over twelve items.  Trying to put the blame ON ME for the long wait line.

    No, no, no, no, no.  I have TWO separate orders here Ma'am.  Each are UNDER TWELVE ITEMS.  But, perhaps, if your Manager would have more cashiers on duty instead of FOUR SELF-SERVE Cashiers, the customers would be more satisfied.  I said it loudly so everybody heard and the monkey was OFF MY BACK and over to Management who is responsible for this clusterfukk.

    Corporate Fukks trying to pass the buck onto the workers and customers.

    Maybe if there had be some logical wage increments to the minimum wage laws over the past fifteen years we would not be facing such a steep increment to catch workers up to a reasonable "Living Wage".

    DO NOT blame the workers because the Middle Class has been systematically assassinated by the Corporate Fukks.

    I will NEVER use a self-serve Kiosk whether it be Fast Food, the Grocery Store, or any other Corporate Fukk attempt to dump extra work on the workers or customers.
     

     

    GG, like Train astutely points out as do the mods who chime in this excellent thread OP...you are showing your AGE, stubbornness, and non rebellious acceptance of CHANGE and the future WE ALL are transistioning into our very near world we will inhabit in the good ole USA..

    I feel you Cova's brother but our world is changing EXTREMELY fast and furious. .Accept it and move on..Like posted already, the more you do it( ie repetition to some of us dumb fukks, not corporate ones that is) KIOSKS will be ALWAYS have to place our orders or PAY...

    I sense you haven't been out to the track lately where those self kiosks are the FASTEST and eziest way tp wager at Suffolk Downs(Belmont, CD.....) AND get paid should u have any handicapping skills..

    Personally, I love it and really wished had tons more technology skills...it's the NEW WORLD we live in...

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: May. 13, 2016 - 2:00 PM ET #18


    Yes, the one exception for me, the Kiosk at the track saves time and is user friendly.  When I have to look up fruits and vegetables codes that's where I draw the line.


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Yes, the one exception for me, the Kiosk at the track saves time and is user friendly.  When I have to look up fruits and vegetables codes that's where I draw the line.


     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: May. 13, 2016 - 2:54 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

    I agree with Lippsman.. This is such a no brainer  for restauruant owners, and will be coming to fast food places soon, particularly here in CA with $15/hour being phased in.    Any difficulty that prior businesses had with kiosks (like Wendy's) could be related to any number of things, including a poorly designed/navigation of the screens.  This will be figured out, and a $15/hour employee  alternative will force the owner to figure out what issues arise.

    This is such an unfortunate outcome ; puts unnecessary pressure on young people that want jobs, but owners realize they are not worth it.  Such a novel concept, huh ?

    I wonder why people think that minimum wage is supposed to be a living wage ?  It's not supposed to be , and its supposed to piss you off enough to better yourself and get yourself a better job.  It's called mobility. 

    People do not "deserve" anything.  They deserve what they are "worth" on the open market. 


    This.  


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

    I agree with Lippsman.. This is such a no brainer  for restauruant owners, and will be coming to fast food places soon, particularly here in CA with $15/hour being phased in.    Any difficulty that prior businesses had with kiosks (like Wendy's) could be related to any number of things, including a poorly designed/navigation of the screens.  This will be figured out, and a $15/hour employee  alternative will force the owner to figure out what issues arise.

    This is such an unfortunate outcome ; puts unnecessary pressure on young people that want jobs, but owners realize they are not worth it.  Such a novel concept, huh ?

    I wonder why people think that minimum wage is supposed to be a living wage ?  It's not supposed to be , and its supposed to piss you off enough to better yourself and get yourself a better job.  It's called mobility. 

    People do not "deserve" anything.  They deserve what they are "worth" on the open market. 


    This.  


     
    Crusher13
    Crusher13
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 8067
    Posted: May. 13, 2016 - 2:59 PM ET #20

    GG, get ready for all the BK modifers.."hold the pickles and the lettuce, special orders don't upset us"..

    I really feel this will totally improve efficiency as long as the computer screen is in espanol'..

    This is TOTALLY the result of $15 minimum wage...why free market capitalism is the most successful model of economics...get on board or look for a very spacious bridge

    We were/are so very fortunate....

    Reply

    GG, get ready for all the BK modifers.."hold the pickles and the lettuce, special orders don't upset us"..

    I really feel this will totally improve efficiency as long as the computer screen is in espanol'..

    This is TOTALLY the result of $15 minimum wage...why free market capitalism is the most successful model of economics...get on board or look for a very spacious bridge

    We were/are so very fortunate....

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: May. 13, 2016 - 3:51 PM ET #21


    "We were/are so very fortunate...."

    Of course we were.  We got through the first 2/3 of the Middle Class assassination.  We have Savings and protected Investments.  Today's 40 year olds have nothing and the 25 year olds even less.

    That's why TRAIN69 is so sour and vindictive.

    Hey, not my fault I PLANNED for the future and retired at age 58 with money in the bank and a twenty year Teamster pension in the pot and my wife 10 years younger with a guaranteed lifetime annuity and my health so great I can still party like a Rock Star.

    You guys are stuck with a $15 Living Wage because...

    THAT'S HOW THE CORPORATE FUKKS PLANNED IT.

    Was NEVER supposed to be that way but the Corporate Fukks transferred all the jobs away overseas and fought minimum wages until today's explosion point.  How long do you think suppress minimum wages before you eventually have to pony-up???

    And lastly, WHO THE FUKK EATS AT THESE PLACES ANYWAY?

    Wendy's?  McDonalds? Burger King?  Do people REALLY eat there?


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    "We were/are so very fortunate...."

    Of course we were.  We got through the first 2/3 of the Middle Class assassination.  We have Savings and protected Investments.  Today's 40 year olds have nothing and the 25 year olds even less.

    That's why TRAIN69 is so sour and vindictive.

    Hey, not my fault I PLANNED for the future and retired at age 58 with money in the bank and a twenty year Teamster pension in the pot and my wife 10 years younger with a guaranteed lifetime annuity and my health so great I can still party like a Rock Star.

    You guys are stuck with a $15 Living Wage because...

    THAT'S HOW THE CORPORATE FUKKS PLANNED IT.

    Was NEVER supposed to be that way but the Corporate Fukks transferred all the jobs away overseas and fought minimum wages until today's explosion point.  How long do you think suppress minimum wages before you eventually have to pony-up???

    And lastly, WHO THE FUKK EATS AT THESE PLACES ANYWAY?

    Wendy's?  McDonalds? Burger King?  Do people REALLY eat there?


     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: May. 13, 2016 - 4:21 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    "We were/are so very fortunate...."

    Of course we were.  We got through the first 2/3 of the Middle Class assassination.  We have Savings and protected Investments.  Today's 40 year olds have nothing and the 25 year olds even less.

    That's why TRAIN69 is so sour and vindictive.

    Hey, not my fault I PLANNED for the future and retired at age 58 with money in the bank and a twenty year Teamster pension in the pot and my wife 10 years younger with a guaranteed lifetime annuity and my health so great I can still party like a Rock Star.

    You guys are stuck with a $15 Living Wage because...

    THAT'S HOW THE CORPORATE FUKKS PLANNED IT.

    Was NEVER supposed to be that way but the Corporate Fukks transferred all the jobs away overseas and fought minimum wages until today's explosion point.  How long do you think suppress minimum wages before you eventually have to pony-up???

    And lastly, WHO THE FUKK EATS AT THESE PLACES ANYWAY?

    Wendy's?  McDonalds? Burger King?  Do people REALLY eat there?



    I understand your hatred for corporations.  It's kind of like my hatred for modern day unions. There unnecessary for the most part.  What's going on with Verizon is completely ridiculous!  These @ssholes need to get off their lazy @ssholes and get back to work.  It's comical how the people that are running their union are still getting paid while these union workers are dipping in to their savings.   Anyways....

    How can you blame companies for wanting to increase their profits?  It's free-market capitalism at its best.  Globalization transferred those manufacturing jobs oversees but we have been a service nation for quite some time now.  It's not like it happened overnight!

    It's not like yester-year.  For the most part, you need to be intellectually talented to make a nice living.






    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    "We were/are so very fortunate...."

    Of course we were.  We got through the first 2/3 of the Middle Class assassination.  We have Savings and protected Investments.  Today's 40 year olds have nothing and the 25 year olds even less.

    That's why TRAIN69 is so sour and vindictive.

    Hey, not my fault I PLANNED for the future and retired at age 58 with money in the bank and a twenty year Teamster pension in the pot and my wife 10 years younger with a guaranteed lifetime annuity and my health so great I can still party like a Rock Star.

    You guys are stuck with a $15 Living Wage because...

    THAT'S HOW THE CORPORATE FUKKS PLANNED IT.

    Was NEVER supposed to be that way but the Corporate Fukks transferred all the jobs away overseas and fought minimum wages until today's explosion point.  How long do you think suppress minimum wages before you eventually have to pony-up???

    And lastly, WHO THE FUKK EATS AT THESE PLACES ANYWAY?

    Wendy's?  McDonalds? Burger King?  Do people REALLY eat there?



    I understand your hatred for corporations.  It's kind of like my hatred for modern day unions. There unnecessary for the most part.  What's going on with Verizon is completely ridiculous!  These @ssholes need to get off their lazy @ssholes and get back to work.  It's comical how the people that are running their union are still getting paid while these union workers are dipping in to their savings.   Anyways....

    How can you blame companies for wanting to increase their profits?  It's free-market capitalism at its best.  Globalization transferred those manufacturing jobs oversees but we have been a service nation for quite some time now.  It's not like it happened overnight!

    It's not like yester-year.  For the most part, you need to be intellectually talented to make a nice living.






     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: May. 13, 2016 - 4:53 PM ET #23


    Do you understand that the Corporate CEO to Workers ratio used to be 30-1 back in 1970?  Here we are about half a century forward and the ratio is now 500-1.  Have workers wages increased 16 fold also?  Hardly.  The Middle Class worker has been systematically assassinated.

    Ironically the best example of free-market Capitalism is the Japan Model.  If a Japanese CEO skrews up he is shamed to the point of suicide.  The American Model has the CEO getting a pat on the back for grabbing the available Corporate Welfare.

    I am not up to speed on the Verizon situation and not qualified to comment.  Obviously it affects you more in NJ than myself here in CT.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Do you understand that the Corporate CEO to Workers ratio used to be 30-1 back in 1970?  Here we are about half a century forward and the ratio is now 500-1.  Have workers wages increased 16 fold also?  Hardly.  The Middle Class worker has been systematically assassinated.

    Ironically the best example of free-market Capitalism is the Japan Model.  If a Japanese CEO skrews up he is shamed to the point of suicide.  The American Model has the CEO getting a pat on the back for grabbing the available Corporate Welfare.

    I am not up to speed on the Verizon situation and not qualified to comment.  Obviously it affects you more in NJ than myself here in CT.
     
    Greedybastard
    Greedybastard
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 3022
    Posted: May. 13, 2016 - 8:23 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

    I agree with Lippsman.. This is such a no brainer  for restauruant owners, and will be coming to fast food places soon, particularly here in CA with $15/hour being phased in.    Any difficulty that prior businesses had with kiosks (like Wendy's) could be related to any number of things, including a poorly designed/navigation of the screens.  This will be figured out, and a $15/hour employee  alternative will force the owner to figure out what issues arise.

    This is such an unfortunate outcome ; puts unnecessary pressure on young people that want jobs, but owners realize they are not worth it.  Such a novel concept, huh ?

    I wonder why people think that minimum wage is supposed to be a living wage ?  It's not supposed to be , and its supposed to piss you off enough to better yourself and get yourself a better job.  It's called mobility. 

    People do not "deserve" anything.  They deserve what they are "worth" on the open market. 

    Truest words to ever be written on Covers.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

    I agree with Lippsman.. This is such a no brainer  for restauruant owners, and will be coming to fast food places soon, particularly here in CA with $15/hour being phased in.    Any difficulty that prior businesses had with kiosks (like Wendy's) could be related to any number of things, including a poorly designed/navigation of the screens.  This will be figured out, and a $15/hour employee  alternative will force the owner to figure out what issues arise.

    This is such an unfortunate outcome ; puts unnecessary pressure on young people that want jobs, but owners realize they are not worth it.  Such a novel concept, huh ?

    I wonder why people think that minimum wage is supposed to be a living wage ?  It's not supposed to be , and its supposed to piss you off enough to better yourself and get yourself a better job.  It's called mobility. 

    People do not "deserve" anything.  They deserve what they are "worth" on the open market. 

    Truest words to ever be written on Covers.

     
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: May. 13, 2016 - 8:43 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by Greedybastard:

    Truest words to ever be written on Covers.




    What is it, exactly, that you do for a living?

    Please tell us what YOU are "worth" on the open market?


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedybastard:

    Truest words to ever be written on Covers.




    What is it, exactly, that you do for a living?

    Please tell us what YOU are "worth" on the open market?


    All Forums | General Discussion
    123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,354
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 435
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,886
    • PART DEUX 148
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 842
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,853
    • Week 6 Money 8,305
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,223
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,230

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.