• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Only in America can you get paid for raising a bully/thug...

    «First Previous 123
    MoneySRH
    Ktrain
    StumpTownStu
    thirdperson
    Killer_B
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 4117
    Posts: 66
    «First Previous 123
     
    MoneySRH
    MoneySRH
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8480
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2017 - 10:45 AM ET #51

    Quote Originally Posted by Ktrain:


    What's your definition of "good character"? 
    Ktrain - My definition of good character: Don’t dress like a criminal. Don’t act like a criminal. Don’t rob. Don’t steal. Don’t deal drugs. Don’t bully people. Don’t resist arrest. Don’t run from police. Speak English. Don’t have a rap sheet. Don’t illegally carry firearms. Don’t be a member of a gang or criminal organization. Be a person of maturity. Be a person with a good reputation. Be respectful. Be self-disciplined. Be a person that thinks before you act. Be accountable for your words, actions, and attitudes. Be kind. Be compassionate. Have good manners. Possess self-control. Cooperate with and respect authority. Obey laws and rules. That’s all I can think of.

    Police commands are like dog commands.

    Stay. No. Don’t move. Sit. Roll over. Arms out. Hands up. Hands behind your back. Hands behind your head. Hands where I can see them.  Hands out of your pockets. Drop it. Stop.

    The people who get shot are dumber than dogs. If a dog can do it, so can a human being. Follow these simple commands and live. It’s that simple.

    That is an awesome video. You have to look at the totality of the circumstances. People were watching them. They are being recorded by a cell phone. They are in what feels like a safe and controlled environment in a fast food restaurant with bright lights.

    One of the officers has a ready Taser out. The guy was complying and on his stomach. The officers let their guard down and all hell broke loose. They both sh!t their pants and didn’t know how to respond. People die from punches to the head and face. They could’ve used lethal force.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktrain:


    What's your definition of "good character"? 
    Ktrain - My definition of good character: Don’t dress like a criminal. Don’t act like a criminal. Don’t rob. Don’t steal. Don’t deal drugs. Don’t bully people. Don’t resist arrest. Don’t run from police. Speak English. Don’t have a rap sheet. Don’t illegally carry firearms. Don’t be a member of a gang or criminal organization. Be a person of maturity. Be a person with a good reputation. Be respectful. Be self-disciplined. Be a person that thinks before you act. Be accountable for your words, actions, and attitudes. Be kind. Be compassionate. Have good manners. Possess self-control. Cooperate with and respect authority. Obey laws and rules. That’s all I can think of.

    Police commands are like dog commands.

    Stay. No. Don’t move. Sit. Roll over. Arms out. Hands up. Hands behind your back. Hands behind your head. Hands where I can see them.  Hands out of your pockets. Drop it. Stop.

    The people who get shot are dumber than dogs. If a dog can do it, so can a human being. Follow these simple commands and live. It’s that simple.

    That is an awesome video. You have to look at the totality of the circumstances. People were watching them. They are being recorded by a cell phone. They are in what feels like a safe and controlled environment in a fast food restaurant with bright lights.

    One of the officers has a ready Taser out. The guy was complying and on his stomach. The officers let their guard down and all hell broke loose. They both sh!t their pants and didn’t know how to respond. People die from punches to the head and face. They could’ve used lethal force.

     
    MoneySRH
    MoneySRH
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8480
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2017 - 10:47 AM ET #52

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Jordan Edwards
    Stu - There is no police body-cam or dash-cam video of the shooting out yet. So I have to go with what I could find that was written about the incident online.

    Here’s the breakdown of the Jordan Edwards shooting:

    Dispatch reported drunken teens walking the streets at 11 o clock at night.
    Officer Oliver was the second officer to arrive on scene.
    Officers went inside the house to investigate the party.
    Gunshots rang out.
    People ran away like roaches.
    Officer Oliver sees a vehicle pulling away.
    Officer Oliver screams verbal commands at the vehicle to stop.
    The vehicle drives away.
    Officer Oliver pulls out his AR-15 rifle from his trunk and blindly fires at the vehicle driving away.
    Officer Oliver kills Edwards through the passenger's side window.

    How’s this a racially motivated shooting? The officer hears gunshots. He sees a vehicle driving away. He screams at a moving vehicle to stop. The vehicle takes off. The officer blindly shoots at the vehicle at 11 o clock at night. A black passenger happens to be shot. Case closed.

    He is an idiot. He broke every rule of the use of force continuum. He knows you can only shoot if you can see the target and see what is behind the target. No way could anyone see anything at that time of night. The shooting was capital murder not a hate crime.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Jordan Edwards
    Stu - There is no police body-cam or dash-cam video of the shooting out yet. So I have to go with what I could find that was written about the incident online.

    Here’s the breakdown of the Jordan Edwards shooting:

    Dispatch reported drunken teens walking the streets at 11 o clock at night.
    Officer Oliver was the second officer to arrive on scene.
    Officers went inside the house to investigate the party.
    Gunshots rang out.
    People ran away like roaches.
    Officer Oliver sees a vehicle pulling away.
    Officer Oliver screams verbal commands at the vehicle to stop.
    The vehicle drives away.
    Officer Oliver pulls out his AR-15 rifle from his trunk and blindly fires at the vehicle driving away.
    Officer Oliver kills Edwards through the passenger's side window.

    How’s this a racially motivated shooting? The officer hears gunshots. He sees a vehicle driving away. He screams at a moving vehicle to stop. The vehicle takes off. The officer blindly shoots at the vehicle at 11 o clock at night. A black passenger happens to be shot. Case closed.

    He is an idiot. He broke every rule of the use of force continuum. He knows you can only shoot if you can see the target and see what is behind the target. No way could anyone see anything at that time of night. The shooting was capital murder not a hate crime.

     
    Ktrain
    Ktrain
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 6580
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2017 - 11:39 AM ET #53

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

    Ktrain - My definition of good character: Don’t dress like a criminal. Don’t act like a criminal. Don’t rob. Don’t steal. Don’t deal drugs. Don’t bully people. Don’t resist arrest. Don’t run from police. Speak English. Don’t have a rap sheet. Don’t illegally carry firearms. Don’t be a member of a gang or criminal organization. Be a person of maturity. Be a person with a good reputation. Be respectful. Be self-disciplined. Be a person that thinks before you act. Be accountable for your words, actions, and attitudes. Be kind. Be compassionate. Have good manners. Possess self-control. Cooperate with and respect authority. Obey laws and rules. That’s all I can think of.

    Police commands are like dog commands.

    Stay. No. Don’t move. Sit. Roll over. Arms out. Hands up. Hands behind your back. Hands behind your head. Hands where I can see them.  Hands out of your pockets. Drop it. Stop.

    The people who get shot are dumber than dogs. If a dog can do it, so can a human being. Follow these simple commands and live. It’s that simple.

    That is an awesome video. You have to look at the totality of the circumstances. People were watching them. They are being recorded by a cell phone. They are in what feels like a safe and controlled environment in a fast food restaurant with bright lights.

    One of the officers has a ready Taser out. The guy was complying and on his stomach. The officers let their guard down and all hell broke loose. They both sh!t their pants and didn’t know how to respond. People die from punches to the head and face. They could’ve used lethal force.


    Ok so then why wasn't the guy in the video I posted shot then? What do you think the fundamental difference was in that situation vs someone like Philando Castille? Someone who informed police that he had a fire arm with a child present in the back seat. Both of them "disobeyed" law enforcement orders, yet one died and one didn't. One actively fought cops and the other didn't. 

    I'm curious to know why you essentially call the video I posted "awesome" as well. They were in a brightly lit environment with other people around. Castille informed the cop he had a fire arm and there was a child in the backseat of the car, and his partner covering the other side of the car. Why would one set of cops feel ok with a guy actively fighting back, and another cop feel threatened by a guy that informed him he had a weapon with a child in the car? 

    I actually agree with you that, fundamentally, laws aren't inherently racist. However, when they aren't enforced equally to people they do tend to become institutionally racist. Just my own opinion. We used to have "separate but equal" but everyone knew things weren't equal. I still tend to believe things aren't enforced equally. 

    I still think people like Tamir Rice, Trayvon Martin, and Philando Castille would all still be alive if they were white. I'm sure you disagree, but I think white people get way more leeway when it comes to interactions with law enforcement. And that's coming from someone who has had some negative interactions with law enforcement. I still respect police and the job they do. I'm just of the opinion that they do tend to view minorities differently than white people. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

    Ktrain - My definition of good character: Don’t dress like a criminal. Don’t act like a criminal. Don’t rob. Don’t steal. Don’t deal drugs. Don’t bully people. Don’t resist arrest. Don’t run from police. Speak English. Don’t have a rap sheet. Don’t illegally carry firearms. Don’t be a member of a gang or criminal organization. Be a person of maturity. Be a person with a good reputation. Be respectful. Be self-disciplined. Be a person that thinks before you act. Be accountable for your words, actions, and attitudes. Be kind. Be compassionate. Have good manners. Possess self-control. Cooperate with and respect authority. Obey laws and rules. That’s all I can think of.

    Police commands are like dog commands.

    Stay. No. Don’t move. Sit. Roll over. Arms out. Hands up. Hands behind your back. Hands behind your head. Hands where I can see them.  Hands out of your pockets. Drop it. Stop.

    The people who get shot are dumber than dogs. If a dog can do it, so can a human being. Follow these simple commands and live. It’s that simple.

    That is an awesome video. You have to look at the totality of the circumstances. People were watching them. They are being recorded by a cell phone. They are in what feels like a safe and controlled environment in a fast food restaurant with bright lights.

    One of the officers has a ready Taser out. The guy was complying and on his stomach. The officers let their guard down and all hell broke loose. They both sh!t their pants and didn’t know how to respond. People die from punches to the head and face. They could’ve used lethal force.


    Ok so then why wasn't the guy in the video I posted shot then? What do you think the fundamental difference was in that situation vs someone like Philando Castille? Someone who informed police that he had a fire arm with a child present in the back seat. Both of them "disobeyed" law enforcement orders, yet one died and one didn't. One actively fought cops and the other didn't. 

    I'm curious to know why you essentially call the video I posted "awesome" as well. They were in a brightly lit environment with other people around. Castille informed the cop he had a fire arm and there was a child in the backseat of the car, and his partner covering the other side of the car. Why would one set of cops feel ok with a guy actively fighting back, and another cop feel threatened by a guy that informed him he had a weapon with a child in the car? 

    I actually agree with you that, fundamentally, laws aren't inherently racist. However, when they aren't enforced equally to people they do tend to become institutionally racist. Just my own opinion. We used to have "separate but equal" but everyone knew things weren't equal. I still tend to believe things aren't enforced equally. 

    I still think people like Tamir Rice, Trayvon Martin, and Philando Castille would all still be alive if they were white. I'm sure you disagree, but I think white people get way more leeway when it comes to interactions with law enforcement. And that's coming from someone who has had some negative interactions with law enforcement. I still respect police and the job they do. I'm just of the opinion that they do tend to view minorities differently than white people. 
     
    Ktrain
    Ktrain
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 6580
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2017 - 11:49 AM ET #54

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

    Ktrain - My definition of good character: Don’t dress like a criminal. Don’t act like a criminal. Don’t rob. Don’t steal. Don’t deal drugs. Don’t bully people. Don’t resist arrest. Don’t run from police. Speak English. Don’t have a rap sheet. Don’t illegally carry firearms. Don’t be a member of a gang or criminal organization. Be a person of maturity. Be a person with a good reputation. Be respectful. Be self-disciplined. Be a person that thinks before you act. Be accountable for your words, actions, and attitudes. Be kind. Be compassionate. Have good manners. Possess self-control. Cooperate with and respect authority. Obey laws and rules. That’s all I can think of.

    Police commands are like dog commands.

    Stay. No. Don’t move. Sit. Roll over. Arms out. Hands up. Hands behind your back. Hands behind your head. Hands where I can see them.  Hands out of your pockets. Drop it. Stop.

    The people who get shot are dumber than dogs. If a dog can do it, so can a human being. Follow these simple commands and live. It’s that simple.

    That is an awesome video. You have to look at the totality of the circumstances. People were watching them. They are being recorded by a cell phone. They are in what feels like a safe and controlled environment in a fast food restaurant with bright lights.

    One of the officers has a ready Taser out. The guy was complying and on his stomach. The officers let their guard down and all hell broke loose. They both sh!t their pants and didn’t know how to respond. People die from punches to the head and face. They could’ve used lethal force.


    I wanted to address your definition of "good character" too because I did specifically ask about it. I know it's tough to come up with a good, solid definition for it, but if we're being all encompassing for fitting the definition of "good character" than none of us have it. 

    We all break rules/laws (I'm sure we've all sped or J walked or whatever stupid insignificant rule/law we've broke), but I wouldn't say that is what keeps someone from having good character. 

    I also brought up Castille earlier because he does fit some of your criteria. Had a job and seemed to be an alright guy. He had a history of traffic stops, but that could also be due to racial profiling. It is quite the history of traffic stops, but it seems like he had nothing more than that. Some could argue that he could fit your definition of "good character" if we're not going to be all encompassing. And if we are going to be all encompassing on that definition, then none of us have good character. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

    Ktrain - My definition of good character: Don’t dress like a criminal. Don’t act like a criminal. Don’t rob. Don’t steal. Don’t deal drugs. Don’t bully people. Don’t resist arrest. Don’t run from police. Speak English. Don’t have a rap sheet. Don’t illegally carry firearms. Don’t be a member of a gang or criminal organization. Be a person of maturity. Be a person with a good reputation. Be respectful. Be self-disciplined. Be a person that thinks before you act. Be accountable for your words, actions, and attitudes. Be kind. Be compassionate. Have good manners. Possess self-control. Cooperate with and respect authority. Obey laws and rules. That’s all I can think of.

    Police commands are like dog commands.

    Stay. No. Don’t move. Sit. Roll over. Arms out. Hands up. Hands behind your back. Hands behind your head. Hands where I can see them.  Hands out of your pockets. Drop it. Stop.

    The people who get shot are dumber than dogs. If a dog can do it, so can a human being. Follow these simple commands and live. It’s that simple.

    That is an awesome video. You have to look at the totality of the circumstances. People were watching them. They are being recorded by a cell phone. They are in what feels like a safe and controlled environment in a fast food restaurant with bright lights.

    One of the officers has a ready Taser out. The guy was complying and on his stomach. The officers let their guard down and all hell broke loose. They both sh!t their pants and didn’t know how to respond. People die from punches to the head and face. They could’ve used lethal force.


    I wanted to address your definition of "good character" too because I did specifically ask about it. I know it's tough to come up with a good, solid definition for it, but if we're being all encompassing for fitting the definition of "good character" than none of us have it. 

    We all break rules/laws (I'm sure we've all sped or J walked or whatever stupid insignificant rule/law we've broke), but I wouldn't say that is what keeps someone from having good character. 

    I also brought up Castille earlier because he does fit some of your criteria. Had a job and seemed to be an alright guy. He had a history of traffic stops, but that could also be due to racial profiling. It is quite the history of traffic stops, but it seems like he had nothing more than that. Some could argue that he could fit your definition of "good character" if we're not going to be all encompassing. And if we are going to be all encompassing on that definition, then none of us have good character. 
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2017 - 6:29 PM ET #55

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

    Stu - There is no police body-cam or dash-cam video of the shooting out yet. So I have to go with what I could find that was written about the incident online.

    Here’s the breakdown of the Jordan Edwards shooting:

    Dispatch reported drunken teens walking the streets at 11 o clock at night.
    Officer Oliver was the second officer to arrive on scene.
    Officers went inside the house to investigate the party.
    Gunshots rang out.
    People ran away like roaches.
    Officer Oliver sees a vehicle pulling away.
    Officer Oliver screams verbal commands at the vehicle to stop.
    The vehicle drives away.
    Officer Oliver pulls out his AR-15 rifle from his trunk and blindly fires at the vehicle driving away.
    Officer Oliver kills Edwards through the passenger's side window.

    How’s this a racially motivated shooting? The officer hears gunshots. He sees a vehicle driving away. He screams at a moving vehicle to stop. The vehicle takes off. The officer blindly shoots at the vehicle at 11 o clock at night. A black passenger happens to be shot. Case closed.

    He is an idiot. He broke every rule of the use of force continuum. He knows you can only shoot if you can see the target and see what is behind the target. No way could anyone see anything at that time of night. The shooting was capital murder not a hate crime.

    I didn't say it was racially motivated. You seemed to be of an opinion that every african-american killed by police was some thug that had it coming. I was just giving an example that would be hard to define in that manner. With that said, i'm sure if that were a white high school party being broke up, an officer probably wouldn't have fired randomly into a vehicle that had not been pull overed of identified as containing someone suspected of a crime. Personally I think the proliferation of police shootings have more to do with lack of training and proper screening, and racial prejudice more than all out racism. I just find it funny when people find it necessary to make excuses for police shootings. "This was a bad dude and a gangster and blah, blah, blah..." rather just being like "Hey, sometimes police shootings are justifiable and sometimes the circumstances are a little murkier." It's like a lot of you, whether if you'd admit it in this forum or even to yourselves, deep down you feel black people should be rounded up and shot anyway. And police shootings, justifianle or not, is the closest you can get to it.
    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

    Stu - There is no police body-cam or dash-cam video of the shooting out yet. So I have to go with what I could find that was written about the incident online.

    Here’s the breakdown of the Jordan Edwards shooting:

    Dispatch reported drunken teens walking the streets at 11 o clock at night.
    Officer Oliver was the second officer to arrive on scene.
    Officers went inside the house to investigate the party.
    Gunshots rang out.
    People ran away like roaches.
    Officer Oliver sees a vehicle pulling away.
    Officer Oliver screams verbal commands at the vehicle to stop.
    The vehicle drives away.
    Officer Oliver pulls out his AR-15 rifle from his trunk and blindly fires at the vehicle driving away.
    Officer Oliver kills Edwards through the passenger's side window.

    How’s this a racially motivated shooting? The officer hears gunshots. He sees a vehicle driving away. He screams at a moving vehicle to stop. The vehicle takes off. The officer blindly shoots at the vehicle at 11 o clock at night. A black passenger happens to be shot. Case closed.

    He is an idiot. He broke every rule of the use of force continuum. He knows you can only shoot if you can see the target and see what is behind the target. No way could anyone see anything at that time of night. The shooting was capital murder not a hate crime.

    I didn't say it was racially motivated. You seemed to be of an opinion that every african-american killed by police was some thug that had it coming. I was just giving an example that would be hard to define in that manner. With that said, i'm sure if that were a white high school party being broke up, an officer probably wouldn't have fired randomly into a vehicle that had not been pull overed of identified as containing someone suspected of a crime. Personally I think the proliferation of police shootings have more to do with lack of training and proper screening, and racial prejudice more than all out racism. I just find it funny when people find it necessary to make excuses for police shootings. "This was a bad dude and a gangster and blah, blah, blah..." rather just being like "Hey, sometimes police shootings are justifiable and sometimes the circumstances are a little murkier." It's like a lot of you, whether if you'd admit it in this forum or even to yourselves, deep down you feel black people should be rounded up and shot anyway. And police shootings, justifianle or not, is the closest you can get to it.
     
    MoneySRH
    MoneySRH
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8480
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2017 - 2:08 PM ET #56

    Ktrain - Ok so then why wasn't the guy in the video I posted shot then? What do you think the fundamental difference was in that situation vs someone like Philando Castille?

    As I said in my post, I believe the officers in the video sh!t themselves. They are not cloned robots. Not everyone handles situations the same. I believe shock and panic set in and the officers’ minds went blank. That’s why I believe the officers did not fire their firearms.

    I don’t know what the call in the video was about? It’s hard to tell you what the officers are thinking when I don’t know why they are making contact in the first place. I know it wasn’t a call about a man armed or brandishing a firearm because if it was the officers would be guns out.

    Also cops make contact on the information that dispatch gives them. If dispatch told the officers a misdemeanor was in progress or his background information beforehand and it was clean. The contact is going to not be aggressive. Another thing is I don’t know if the officers have had any previous encounters with him before. That also comes into play in every encounter.

    I thought the video was awesome because the guy was tased multiple times and still had the ability to fight. I’m amazed that some people are unfazed by tasers.

    Here’s where the bad character points I made play a factor. Philando Castile, likely from looking at his photos, had the appearance of a thug, talked like a thug, dressed like a thug and also had a close resemblance to an armed robbery suspect. Appearances matter.

    The officer has a split second to decide whether you are a threat or not. When someone portrays themselves as a criminal or mimics the mannerisms and characteristics of a criminal. Bad things are going happen. All the cop is thinking at the very moment is what looks like a thug with a resemblance to an armed robbery suspect is reaching for a firearm when I emphatically and repeatedly told him not to. I must defend myself now or die. That’s exactly what happened.  

    I kind of see your points at the end of your post but I believe appearances matter more than race. If the people you listed looked and acted like Thomas Sowell instead of Tupac Shakur, I believe the possibility of them all being alive would be higher.

    Reply
    Ktrain - Ok so then why wasn't the guy in the video I posted shot then? What do you think the fundamental difference was in that situation vs someone like Philando Castille?

    As I said in my post, I believe the officers in the video sh!t themselves. They are not cloned robots. Not everyone handles situations the same. I believe shock and panic set in and the officers’ minds went blank. That’s why I believe the officers did not fire their firearms.

    I don’t know what the call in the video was about? It’s hard to tell you what the officers are thinking when I don’t know why they are making contact in the first place. I know it wasn’t a call about a man armed or brandishing a firearm because if it was the officers would be guns out.

    Also cops make contact on the information that dispatch gives them. If dispatch told the officers a misdemeanor was in progress or his background information beforehand and it was clean. The contact is going to not be aggressive. Another thing is I don’t know if the officers have had any previous encounters with him before. That also comes into play in every encounter.

    I thought the video was awesome because the guy was tased multiple times and still had the ability to fight. I’m amazed that some people are unfazed by tasers.

    Here’s where the bad character points I made play a factor. Philando Castile, likely from looking at his photos, had the appearance of a thug, talked like a thug, dressed like a thug and also had a close resemblance to an armed robbery suspect. Appearances matter.

    The officer has a split second to decide whether you are a threat or not. When someone portrays themselves as a criminal or mimics the mannerisms and characteristics of a criminal. Bad things are going happen. All the cop is thinking at the very moment is what looks like a thug with a resemblance to an armed robbery suspect is reaching for a firearm when I emphatically and repeatedly told him not to. I must defend myself now or die. That’s exactly what happened.  

    I kind of see your points at the end of your post but I believe appearances matter more than race. If the people you listed looked and acted like Thomas Sowell instead of Tupac Shakur, I believe the possibility of them all being alive would be higher.

     
    MoneySRH
    MoneySRH
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8480
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2017 - 2:09 PM ET #57

    Stu - My position comes from situations involving actual contact not blindly shooting into a vehicle at night. My position is against thug culture. That’s where my anger is directed.

    Now you’re making racial hypotheticals. We don’t know what that officer would’ve done if he was in the woods, in the Deep South, at night, heard gunfire, surrounded by drunken white hillbillies.

    We don’t know if the police had previous calls to the house they were called to. We don’t know the type of people that were at that party. We don’t know the type of neighborhood they were in.

    The totality of the circumstances matters. The officer was an idiot. He clearly lacked proper judgment. He did not deserve to hold a badge. I hope he gets life for what he did.

    I do not feel that way about black people at all. My favorite musicians, actors, athletes, and authors are black. Without blacks, America would not exist. Without blacks, this country wouldn’t be the greatest. Blacks have helped win every major war in American history. I wish more blacks and whites would respect the black heroes of America as much as I do.

    Reply
    Stu - My position comes from situations involving actual contact not blindly shooting into a vehicle at night. My position is against thug culture. That’s where my anger is directed.

    Now you’re making racial hypotheticals. We don’t know what that officer would’ve done if he was in the woods, in the Deep South, at night, heard gunfire, surrounded by drunken white hillbillies.

    We don’t know if the police had previous calls to the house they were called to. We don’t know the type of people that were at that party. We don’t know the type of neighborhood they were in.

    The totality of the circumstances matters. The officer was an idiot. He clearly lacked proper judgment. He did not deserve to hold a badge. I hope he gets life for what he did.

    I do not feel that way about black people at all. My favorite musicians, actors, athletes, and authors are black. Without blacks, America would not exist. Without blacks, this country wouldn’t be the greatest. Blacks have helped win every major war in American history. I wish more blacks and whites would respect the black heroes of America as much as I do.

     
    thirdperson
    thirdperson
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2005
    Posts: 9457
    Posted: Jun. 29, 2017 - 8:29 AM ET #58

    Wrongful death lawsuits are usually more successful than prosecution of police.  In this case, the judge dismissed some claims but not others.  Most lawsuits are settled outside of court.  The city may fear the risk of going to trial.  Settlement in other cases have been much higher than the amount awarded to Brown's parents. 
    Reply
    Wrongful death lawsuits are usually more successful than prosecution of police.  In this case, the judge dismissed some claims but not others.  Most lawsuits are settled outside of court.  The city may fear the risk of going to trial.  Settlement in other cases have been much higher than the amount awarded to Brown's parents. 
     
    Killer_B
    Killer_B
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 6291
    Posted: Jun. 29, 2017 - 2:18 PM ET #59

    Brown's parents, nor Gray's Mommy shouldn't of gotten a dime. Daddy Brown should've been brought up on "inciting a riot" charges for his "Burn this Mofo down" calls during the civil unrest.
    Reply
    Brown's parents, nor Gray's Mommy shouldn't of gotten a dime. Daddy Brown should've been brought up on "inciting a riot" charges for his "Burn this Mofo down" calls during the civil unrest.
     
    Killer_B
    Killer_B
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 6291
    Posted: Jun. 29, 2017 - 3:52 PM ET #60

    If the cops are not indicted in the death of a criminal why should the city be fearful of going to trial? It's ridiculous to pay-off people that don't deserve it. If it's truly a "wrongful death" situation, I'm all for the payoffs but Brown & Gray are examples of situations that should not get paid.
    Reply
    If the cops are not indicted in the death of a criminal why should the city be fearful of going to trial? It's ridiculous to pay-off people that don't deserve it. If it's truly a "wrongful death" situation, I'm all for the payoffs but Brown & Gray are examples of situations that should not get paid.
     
    ICEOG
    ICEOG
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 283
    Posted: Jun. 29, 2017 - 4:19 PM ET #61

    Very good decisions by the judges
    Reply
    Very good decisions by the judges
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jun. 29, 2017 - 4:43 PM ET #62

    Quote Originally Posted by ICEOG:

    Very good decisions by the judges

    Trollin Trollin Trollin

    Way to contribute!  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ICEOG:

    Very good decisions by the judges

    Trollin Trollin Trollin

    Way to contribute!  
     
    MoneySRH
    MoneySRH
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8480
    Posted: Jun. 30, 2017 - 2:32 PM ET #63

    Killer_B - The problem is liberal judges. Liberals despise cops with a passion. It’s not their fault though. It’s ignorance. They are like brainwashed little children that don’t know any better. The city is fearful of the thug rioting that would ensue if the case went to trial and again the shooting was confirmed to be justified. I guess it’s easier to pay the thugs family than deal with the rioting thugs.
    Reply
    Killer_B - The problem is liberal judges. Liberals despise cops with a passion. It’s not their fault though. It’s ignorance. They are like brainwashed little children that don’t know any better. The city is fearful of the thug rioting that would ensue if the case went to trial and again the shooting was confirmed to be justified. I guess it’s easier to pay the thugs family than deal with the rioting thugs.
     
    Ktrain
    Ktrain
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 6580
    Posted: Jun. 30, 2017 - 4:25 PM ET #64

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

    Stu - My position comes from situations involving actual contact not blindly shooting into a vehicle at night. My position is against thug culture. That’s where my anger is directed.

    Now you’re making racial hypotheticals. We don’t know what that officer would’ve done if he was in the woods, in the Deep South, at night, heard gunfire, surrounded by drunken white hillbillies.

    We don’t know if the police had previous calls to the house they were called to. We don’t know the type of people that were at that party. We don’t know the type of neighborhood they were in.

    The totality of the circumstances matters. The officer was an idiot. He clearly lacked proper judgment. He did not deserve to hold a badge. I hope he gets life for what he did.

    I do not feel that way about black people at all. My favorite musicians, actors, athletes, and authors are black. Without blacks, America would not exist. Without blacks, this country wouldn’t be the greatest. Blacks have helped win every major war in American history. I wish more blacks and whites would respect the black heroes of America as much as I do.


    What are your thoughts on the Charles Kinsey shooting? 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

    Stu - My position comes from situations involving actual contact not blindly shooting into a vehicle at night. My position is against thug culture. That’s where my anger is directed.

    Now you’re making racial hypotheticals. We don’t know what that officer would’ve done if he was in the woods, in the Deep South, at night, heard gunfire, surrounded by drunken white hillbillies.

    We don’t know if the police had previous calls to the house they were called to. We don’t know the type of people that were at that party. We don’t know the type of neighborhood they were in.

    The totality of the circumstances matters. The officer was an idiot. He clearly lacked proper judgment. He did not deserve to hold a badge. I hope he gets life for what he did.

    I do not feel that way about black people at all. My favorite musicians, actors, athletes, and authors are black. Without blacks, America would not exist. Without blacks, this country wouldn’t be the greatest. Blacks have helped win every major war in American history. I wish more blacks and whites would respect the black heroes of America as much as I do.


    What are your thoughts on the Charles Kinsey shooting? 
     
    Ktrain
    Ktrain
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 6580
    Posted: Jun. 30, 2017 - 4:33 PM ET #65

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

    Ktrain - Ok so then why wasn't the guy in the video I posted shot then? What do you think the fundamental difference was in that situation vs someone like Philando Castille?

    As I said in my post, I believe the officers in the video sh!t themselves. They are not cloned robots. Not everyone handles situations the same. I believe shock and panic set in and the officers’ minds went blank. That’s why I believe the officers did not fire their firearms.

    I don’t know what the call in the video was about? It’s hard to tell you what the officers are thinking when I don’t know why they are making contact in the first place. I know it wasn’t a call about a man armed or brandishing a firearm because if it was the officers would be guns out.


    Also cops make contact on the information that dispatch gives them. If dispatch told the officers a misdemeanor was in progress or his background information beforehand and it was clean. The contact is going to not be aggressive. Another thing is I don’t know if the officers have had any previous encounters with him before. That also comes into play in every encounter.

    I thought the video was awesome because the guy was tased multiple times and still had the ability to fight. I’m amazed that some people are unfazed by tasers.

    Here’s where the bad character points I made play a factor. Philando Castile, likely from looking at his photos, had the appearance of a thug, talked like a thug, dressed like a thug and also had a close resemblance to an armed robbery suspect. Appearances matter.

    The officer has a split second to decide whether you are a threat or not. When someone portrays themselves as a criminal or mimics the mannerisms and characteristics of a criminal. Bad things are going happen. All the cop is thinking at the very moment is what looks like a thug with a resemblance to an armed robbery suspect is reaching for a firearm when I emphatically and repeatedly told him not to. I must defend myself now or die. That’s exactly what happened.  

    I kind of see your points at the end of your post but I believe appearances matter more than race. If the people you listed looked and acted like Thomas Sowell instead of Tupac Shakur, I believe the possibility of them all being alive would be higher.


    Neither incident was initiated with anything to do with a fire arm. Unless you want to admit the police profiled Castille. Castille actually informed law enforcement he had a fire arm, while there was a child in the back seat. The redneck in the video physically fought back and struck police officers, and then ran out the door after being tased. And even then, he wasn't shot! This wasn't some well dressed white guy. Some might say he looks like Bubba Sparx, or a white version of Tupac. 

    I think we're narrowing down the reasons why one was shot to death and one didn't even have firearms drawn on him. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

    Ktrain - Ok so then why wasn't the guy in the video I posted shot then? What do you think the fundamental difference was in that situation vs someone like Philando Castille?

    As I said in my post, I believe the officers in the video sh!t themselves. They are not cloned robots. Not everyone handles situations the same. I believe shock and panic set in and the officers’ minds went blank. That’s why I believe the officers did not fire their firearms.

    I don’t know what the call in the video was about? It’s hard to tell you what the officers are thinking when I don’t know why they are making contact in the first place. I know it wasn’t a call about a man armed or brandishing a firearm because if it was the officers would be guns out.


    Also cops make contact on the information that dispatch gives them. If dispatch told the officers a misdemeanor was in progress or his background information beforehand and it was clean. The contact is going to not be aggressive. Another thing is I don’t know if the officers have had any previous encounters with him before. That also comes into play in every encounter.

    I thought the video was awesome because the guy was tased multiple times and still had the ability to fight. I’m amazed that some people are unfazed by tasers.

    Here’s where the bad character points I made play a factor. Philando Castile, likely from looking at his photos, had the appearance of a thug, talked like a thug, dressed like a thug and also had a close resemblance to an armed robbery suspect. Appearances matter.

    The officer has a split second to decide whether you are a threat or not. When someone portrays themselves as a criminal or mimics the mannerisms and characteristics of a criminal. Bad things are going happen. All the cop is thinking at the very moment is what looks like a thug with a resemblance to an armed robbery suspect is reaching for a firearm when I emphatically and repeatedly told him not to. I must defend myself now or die. That’s exactly what happened.  

    I kind of see your points at the end of your post but I believe appearances matter more than race. If the people you listed looked and acted like Thomas Sowell instead of Tupac Shakur, I believe the possibility of them all being alive would be higher.


    Neither incident was initiated with anything to do with a fire arm. Unless you want to admit the police profiled Castille. Castille actually informed law enforcement he had a fire arm, while there was a child in the back seat. The redneck in the video physically fought back and struck police officers, and then ran out the door after being tased. And even then, he wasn't shot! This wasn't some well dressed white guy. Some might say he looks like Bubba Sparx, or a white version of Tupac. 

    I think we're narrowing down the reasons why one was shot to death and one didn't even have firearms drawn on him. 
     
     
    MoneySRH
    MoneySRH
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8480
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2017 - 10:55 AM ET #66

    Ktrain - Philando Castile was pulled over for having his break lights out. It’s illegal to only have one active break light. What does acknowledging the presence of having a firearm have to do with anything?  

    Castile:  Sir, I have to tell you I do have a firearm on me.
    Officer Yanez: Ok.
    Officer Yanez: Don’t reach for it then.
    Officer Yanez: Don’t pull it out.
    Castile:  I don’t have to pull it out.
    Officer Yanez: Don’t pull it out.
    Officer Yanez: Fires 7 rounds into Castile.

    Officer Yanez warned Castile 3 fukking times not to reach or touch the fukking firearm. How much more clear could the officer have been? Castile got himself shot for not listening.

    Shooting the white guy would be illegal after he took off running. Supreme Court case, Tennessee vs. Garner, held that the police may not shoot at a fleeing person unless the officer reasonably believes that the individual poses a significant physical danger to the officer or others in the community. It was found that use of deadly force to prevent escape is an unreasonable seizure under the Fourth Amendment, in the absence of probable cause that the fleeing suspect posed a physical danger.

    The officers had the right to shoot him inside only. They were in imminent danger. For some reason the second officer drew his taser instead of his firearm. He had 10 seconds to shoot his firearm but didn’t. I guess he feared liberals more than for his life at that moment. Maybe he was scared to kill someone. I don’t know? I believe he would’ve been justified to shoot to kill. But that’s me though. Killing someone is scary, even when it’s justifiable, because all it takes is a few liberals to destroy your life.

    The only way the officers could shoot him outside was if they could prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they felt their lives were in danger outside. It would be hard for the cops to say their lives were in danger outside considering the white guy was running away from them unarmed. The officers need probable cause to kill a running suspect. They didn’t have PC to kill him outside and both officers were probably afraid to kill someone. You’d have to ask them what happened.

    Charles Kinsey was shot by a dumbass Mexican cop. The man was a fully blown idiot. He deserves to be charged with attempted manslaughter and put in a cell with a bunch of other officers taking turns kicking his dumbass for what he did. The officers on scene that day and the leadership of that particular police department really suck, IMO. I can’t defend the officers on scene or that department.

    Reply
    Ktrain - Philando Castile was pulled over for having his break lights out. It’s illegal to only have one active break light. What does acknowledging the presence of having a firearm have to do with anything?  

    Castile:  Sir, I have to tell you I do have a firearm on me.
    Officer Yanez: Ok.
    Officer Yanez: Don’t reach for it then.
    Officer Yanez: Don’t pull it out.
    Castile:  I don’t have to pull it out.
    Officer Yanez: Don’t pull it out.
    Officer Yanez: Fires 7 rounds into Castile.

    Officer Yanez warned Castile 3 fukking times not to reach or touch the fukking firearm. How much more clear could the officer have been? Castile got himself shot for not listening.

    Shooting the white guy would be illegal after he took off running. Supreme Court case, Tennessee vs. Garner, held that the police may not shoot at a fleeing person unless the officer reasonably believes that the individual poses a significant physical danger to the officer or others in the community. It was found that use of deadly force to prevent escape is an unreasonable seizure under the Fourth Amendment, in the absence of probable cause that the fleeing suspect posed a physical danger.

    The officers had the right to shoot him inside only. They were in imminent danger. For some reason the second officer drew his taser instead of his firearm. He had 10 seconds to shoot his firearm but didn’t. I guess he feared liberals more than for his life at that moment. Maybe he was scared to kill someone. I don’t know? I believe he would’ve been justified to shoot to kill. But that’s me though. Killing someone is scary, even when it’s justifiable, because all it takes is a few liberals to destroy your life.

    The only way the officers could shoot him outside was if they could prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they felt their lives were in danger outside. It would be hard for the cops to say their lives were in danger outside considering the white guy was running away from them unarmed. The officers need probable cause to kill a running suspect. They didn’t have PC to kill him outside and both officers were probably afraid to kill someone. You’d have to ask them what happened.

    Charles Kinsey was shot by a dumbass Mexican cop. The man was a fully blown idiot. He deserves to be charged with attempted manslaughter and put in a cell with a bunch of other officers taking turns kicking his dumbass for what he did. The officers on scene that day and the leadership of that particular police department really suck, IMO. I can’t defend the officers on scene or that department.

    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 123

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,911
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,619
    • MLB Playoffs 16,999
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 446
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 309
    • PART DEUX 140
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,390
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,367
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,159
    • NFL WEEK 5 ........................2026 1,494

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.