• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    My Gambling Dilema.

    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
    MIZUNO22
    lbcake
    TRAIN69
    warrenator
    vanzack
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 13372
    Posts: 108
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
     
    MIZUNO22
    MIZUNO22
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 648
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2013 - 12:16 PM ET #51

    +50%, and all major sports.
    Reply
    +50%, and all major sports.
     
    lbcake
    lbcake
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 27074
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2013 - 4:37 PM ET #52

    Ahhh, the beastly bell curve. A little tail, perhaps.
    Reply
    Ahhh, the beastly bell curve. A little tail, perhaps.
     
    MIZUNO22
    MIZUNO22
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 648
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2014 - 1:18 AM ET #53

    Yearly update; still livin' the dream.  Appreciate GoldenGoose's advice, just keep quiet.  
    Reply
    Yearly update; still livin' the dream.  Appreciate GoldenGoose's advice, just keep quiet.  
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55719
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2014 - 1:32 AM ET #54

    The dream is to be worried and ashamed?
    Reply
    The dream is to be worried and ashamed?
     
    warrenator
    warrenator
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 8538
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2014 - 2:17 AM ET #55

    You are obviously full of garbage
    Reply
    You are obviously full of garbage
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2014 - 3:42 PM ET #56

    Mizuno -

    I am always here if you want to discuss or bounce ideas.  If you are really on to something - I would love to hear about it - might even have a suggestion or two for you.

    I also use math in my models.  I wouldn't call what I do a "system", but predictive statistical analysis.  Add that to the mix with a little bit of intuition, and I have been doing alright at this game for a good stretch of time.

    And I agree with Flutie above - most don't think it is possible to win because they don't win.  Read that again.  But it is possible. 

    If you have a need to share your info it should only be to make it better, or to teach.  If you are doing it for narcissistic reasons - you are only going to regret it.

    GL - PM me is you wish.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Mizuno -

    I am always here if you want to discuss or bounce ideas.  If you are really on to something - I would love to hear about it - might even have a suggestion or two for you.

    I also use math in my models.  I wouldn't call what I do a "system", but predictive statistical analysis.  Add that to the mix with a little bit of intuition, and I have been doing alright at this game for a good stretch of time.

    And I agree with Flutie above - most don't think it is possible to win because they don't win.  Read that again.  But it is possible. 

    If you have a need to share your info it should only be to make it better, or to teach.  If you are doing it for narcissistic reasons - you are only going to regret it.

    GL - PM me is you wish.

     
    smarterthanyou
    smarterthanyou
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 2341
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2014 - 6:33 PM ET #57

    Quote Originally Posted by Skipbone:

    Dude. Your wife is fading you. It's a wash.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Skipbone:

    Dude. Your wife is fading you. It's a wash.

     
    WestHamUnited
    WestHamUnited
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 1010
    Posted: Jul. 29, 2014 - 12:19 AM ET #58

    Quote Originally Posted by MIZUNO22:

    Les666 & GFinger, don't even get me started on the math behind 'Streak Survivor'. 25 heads in a row is almost equivalent to the odds of winning the powerball jackpot. (actually 27). My system doesn't reveal an inflated 70% - 80% win rate. Although entertaining, 'streak survivor' should be played for those that covet a free hat/hoodie. Don't gamble, just grind.

    Yup.  Easier said than done but that is the attitude every profitable gambler needs.

    If any of the people accusing this guy of lying used their brains they could likely figure out hes referring to arbitrage or some form of it.  It could also do with line movement.  But its easier to just accuse someone of lying than use your brain isn't it?


    Good posts by Flutie and Van Zack.  People who wake up and go to jobs cannot relate to someone who doesn't and just gambles.

    There are pros on this website.  What other forum would they read to pass the time?  Not everyone posts.  I don't enjoy this forum in season because the bickering and point scoring and people wanting to impress others or question if others are lying clogs the forum up and means you can't find good info and insight easily.  Im enjoying talking college football on here 5 weeks out from opening day but I probably won't post in season since I don't give a garbage about impressing strangers with my picks and just come to hear peoples takes and points of views on certain teams and to learn things.  I can go to chat roulette if I want to win a person measuring contest with people.

    Be selective and find another winning better to share with and you might even improve your system.

    I personally enjoy the challenge of picking games too much to ever make a system and stick to it.  But I am always intrigued when I meet another profitable better and like to listen and learn. 


    It took me investing in something else that made a profit and growing up and maturing to turn me into a profitable gambler and a whole lot of enormous losses along with a lot of long term trips to Nevada to gamble out of a hotel room and barely turn a profit after living expenses.  But life experiences like that are invaluable. 

    Most people think they can spend 30 seconds looking at a sheet, pick a few games, and think they deserve to win.

    PM me if you want someone to share with.  I'll reciprocate tell you what I do to make money that is similar to sports betting but still different and give you some tips if you want.

    Ive met a few guys like you in the casinos in Nevada and none have ever shared their 'system' with me so I am really just curious.  (Don't worry doubt I use it anytime soon I close on my house tomorrow funds are way too low to tie up money in something like this.)  I believe some of these guys like I believe you and some I don't.  WHen you run into the same dude from Oregon 3 weeks in a row in the Peppermill swimming pool and know this dude wouldn't be flying down to Reno every weekend to bet college football games you do tend to believe the dude wins.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MIZUNO22:

    Les666 & GFinger, don't even get me started on the math behind 'Streak Survivor'. 25 heads in a row is almost equivalent to the odds of winning the powerball jackpot. (actually 27). My system doesn't reveal an inflated 70% - 80% win rate. Although entertaining, 'streak survivor' should be played for those that covet a free hat/hoodie. Don't gamble, just grind.

    Yup.  Easier said than done but that is the attitude every profitable gambler needs.

    If any of the people accusing this guy of lying used their brains they could likely figure out hes referring to arbitrage or some form of it.  It could also do with line movement.  But its easier to just accuse someone of lying than use your brain isn't it?


    Good posts by Flutie and Van Zack.  People who wake up and go to jobs cannot relate to someone who doesn't and just gambles.

    There are pros on this website.  What other forum would they read to pass the time?  Not everyone posts.  I don't enjoy this forum in season because the bickering and point scoring and people wanting to impress others or question if others are lying clogs the forum up and means you can't find good info and insight easily.  Im enjoying talking college football on here 5 weeks out from opening day but I probably won't post in season since I don't give a garbage about impressing strangers with my picks and just come to hear peoples takes and points of views on certain teams and to learn things.  I can go to chat roulette if I want to win a person measuring contest with people.

    Be selective and find another winning better to share with and you might even improve your system.

    I personally enjoy the challenge of picking games too much to ever make a system and stick to it.  But I am always intrigued when I meet another profitable better and like to listen and learn. 


    It took me investing in something else that made a profit and growing up and maturing to turn me into a profitable gambler and a whole lot of enormous losses along with a lot of long term trips to Nevada to gamble out of a hotel room and barely turn a profit after living expenses.  But life experiences like that are invaluable. 

    Most people think they can spend 30 seconds looking at a sheet, pick a few games, and think they deserve to win.

    PM me if you want someone to share with.  I'll reciprocate tell you what I do to make money that is similar to sports betting but still different and give you some tips if you want.

    Ive met a few guys like you in the casinos in Nevada and none have ever shared their 'system' with me so I am really just curious.  (Don't worry doubt I use it anytime soon I close on my house tomorrow funds are way too low to tie up money in something like this.)  I believe some of these guys like I believe you and some I don't.  WHen you run into the same dude from Oregon 3 weeks in a row in the Peppermill swimming pool and know this dude wouldn't be flying down to Reno every weekend to bet college football games you do tend to believe the dude wins.
     
    Pendo
    Pendo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 3644
    Posted: Jul. 29, 2014 - 9:03 PM ET #59

    good info W. Ham U.

    BTW, 'Peppermill Pete' is on a mission. 
    You seen the guy's outfits, like that jacket from the movie Papillon?
     He's too much - prob. cuz he's got too much... like cash & time

     
    Reply
    good info W. Ham U.

    BTW, 'Peppermill Pete' is on a mission. 
    You seen the guy's outfits, like that jacket from the movie Papillon?
     He's too much - prob. cuz he's got too much... like cash & time

     
     
    broncofn
    broncofn
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 1651
    Posted: Jul. 29, 2014 - 9:35 PM ET #60

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Mizuno -

    I am always here if you want to discuss or bounce ideas.  If you are really on to something - I would love to hear about it - might even have a suggestion or two for you.

    I also use math in my models.  I wouldn't call what I do a "system", but predictive statistical analysis.  Add that to the mix with a little bit of intuition, and I have been doing alright at this game for a good stretch of time.

    And I agree with Flutie above - most don't think it is possible to win because they don't win.  Read that again.  But it is possible. 

    If you have a need to share your info it should only be to make it better, or to teach.  If you are doing it for narcissistic reasons - you are only going to regret it.

    GL - PM me is you wish.


    I agree with vanzack 120% and wish you the best of luck.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Mizuno -

    I am always here if you want to discuss or bounce ideas.  If you are really on to something - I would love to hear about it - might even have a suggestion or two for you.

    I also use math in my models.  I wouldn't call what I do a "system", but predictive statistical analysis.  Add that to the mix with a little bit of intuition, and I have been doing alright at this game for a good stretch of time.

    And I agree with Flutie above - most don't think it is possible to win because they don't win.  Read that again.  But it is possible. 

    If you have a need to share your info it should only be to make it better, or to teach.  If you are doing it for narcissistic reasons - you are only going to regret it.

    GL - PM me is you wish.


    I agree with vanzack 120% and wish you the best of luck.  
     
    jerzeebook
    jerzeebook
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 1174
    Posted: Jul. 30, 2014 - 1:28 AM ET #61

    I don't believe any of this . The funny thing is you said earlier about how it is illegal to place a bet. That shows me you are a scaredy cat in the first place. Also how many betting exchanges have you played at ? I bet a big goose egg !  You cannot maintain and stay fresh in this game without the use of betting exchanges where you can create your own line and do many more things than these traditional and USA friendly books offer. Also live betting is instrumental in creating wealth and with exchanges you can take things much further than the $hitty CR books that will kick you out after winning a few measly grand.Sorry not buying  and yes i have been in the game since the late 90's and have done very well at times but this day and age things are very bleak with the lack of choices and options so math will not get you anywhere near where it could have  gotten you just a few short years ago . 
    Reply
    I don't believe any of this . The funny thing is you said earlier about how it is illegal to place a bet. That shows me you are a scaredy cat in the first place. Also how many betting exchanges have you played at ? I bet a big goose egg !  You cannot maintain and stay fresh in this game without the use of betting exchanges where you can create your own line and do many more things than these traditional and USA friendly books offer. Also live betting is instrumental in creating wealth and with exchanges you can take things much further than the $hitty CR books that will kick you out after winning a few measly grand.Sorry not buying  and yes i have been in the game since the late 90's and have done very well at times but this day and age things are very bleak with the lack of choices and options so math will not get you anywhere near where it could have  gotten you just a few short years ago . 
     
    warcameagle56
    warcameagle56
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 5418
    Posted: Jul. 30, 2014 - 4:59 AM ET #62

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    You've already shared it.  With... the most important person on this Earth.  Your wife.You owe no explanation to anyone else.Silence is golden.  In many different ways and means.
    ......This is exactly right.If u want to contribute to society donate a 2-10% of your winnings to your church or charity.I like donating some money to local soup kitchen.I would do more time, but between family(5kids),business, capping ,church and working in yard its almost impossible.I wish I could leave my business...just not quit there, but I go days sometimes weeks without work because I can either pass the work to my bro law , do it together or go get my regulars.I would keep it down.Nobody that works 40-50 hours a week likes to hear that u wager more a game than they make in a week.The ones that I let in always want in then when they lose they blame it on u so as long as u are winning and wife is happy so be it.I wish I had the luxury of not having to watch the games, but I'm not complaining.Whatever works for you
    .I would keep it a private matter though.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    You've already shared it.  With... the most important person on this Earth.  Your wife.You owe no explanation to anyone else.Silence is golden.  In many different ways and means.
    ......This is exactly right.If u want to contribute to society donate a 2-10% of your winnings to your church or charity.I like donating some money to local soup kitchen.I would do more time, but between family(5kids),business, capping ,church and working in yard its almost impossible.I wish I could leave my business...just not quit there, but I go days sometimes weeks without work because I can either pass the work to my bro law , do it together or go get my regulars.I would keep it down.Nobody that works 40-50 hours a week likes to hear that u wager more a game than they make in a week.The ones that I let in always want in then when they lose they blame it on u so as long as u are winning and wife is happy so be it.I wish I had the luxury of not having to watch the games, but I'm not complaining.Whatever works for you
    .I would keep it a private matter though.
     
    MIZUNO22
    MIZUNO22
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 648
    Posted: Jul. 30, 2014 - 10:24 PM ET #63

    Quote Originally Posted by Flutiemaniac341:

    If you are actually making money at this game, it can be a very solitary life.  Many people can not relate to you.  Gambling is still considered by many to be a sickness. If sharing your success with anyone, it can cause unneeded pressures and jealousy.  Just look at this forum's response for a quick understanding. 

    Spot on Flutie, very much inline with the thoughts in my initial post.

    Thx Vanzack, (GGoose has that standing offer at some fine dining places, maybe a you could join us someday.)

    Thx BroncoFn .... & West Ham United; personally, I've been a Hull City fan for almost a decade, gonna cross the pond someday to watch them.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Flutiemaniac341:

    If you are actually making money at this game, it can be a very solitary life.  Many people can not relate to you.  Gambling is still considered by many to be a sickness. If sharing your success with anyone, it can cause unneeded pressures and jealousy.  Just look at this forum's response for a quick understanding. 

    Spot on Flutie, very much inline with the thoughts in my initial post.

    Thx Vanzack, (GGoose has that standing offer at some fine dining places, maybe a you could join us someday.)

    Thx BroncoFn .... & West Ham United; personally, I've been a Hull City fan for almost a decade, gonna cross the pond someday to watch them.

     
    WestHamUnited
    WestHamUnited
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 1010
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2014 - 10:41 PM ET #64

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendo:

    good info W. Ham U.

    BTW, 'Peppermill Pete' is on a mission. 
    You seen the guy's outfits, like that jacket from the movie Papillon?
     He's too much - prob. cuz he's got too much... like cash & time

     

    Who is this Peppermill Pete character???  Sounds like my kind of guy.  The Peppermill is the greatest casino on the planet and happiest place on earth.  Its my spiritual home and always will be.

    Can't friggin wait till its November and time to post up there.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendo:

    good info W. Ham U.

    BTW, 'Peppermill Pete' is on a mission. 
    You seen the guy's outfits, like that jacket from the movie Papillon?
     He's too much - prob. cuz he's got too much... like cash & time

     

    Who is this Peppermill Pete character???  Sounds like my kind of guy.  The Peppermill is the greatest casino on the planet and happiest place on earth.  Its my spiritual home and always will be.

    Can't friggin wait till its November and time to post up there.
     
    WestHamUnited
    WestHamUnited
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 1010
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2014 - 10:44 PM ET #65

    Quote Originally Posted by MIZUNO22:

    Spot on Flutie, very much inline with the thoughts in my initial post.

    Thx Vanzack, (GGoose has that standing offer at some fine dining places, maybe a you could join us someday.)

    Thx BroncoFn .... & West Ham United; personally, I've been a Hull City fan for almost a decade, gonna cross the pond someday to watch them.


    You guys might be the Hull Tigers and not Hull City by the time you get over there huh?

    Good to see an American supporting a real team and not ManU/Chelsea!

    'Mauled by the tigers...you're getting mauled by the tigers.'
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MIZUNO22:

    Spot on Flutie, very much inline with the thoughts in my initial post.

    Thx Vanzack, (GGoose has that standing offer at some fine dining places, maybe a you could join us someday.)

    Thx BroncoFn .... & West Ham United; personally, I've been a Hull City fan for almost a decade, gonna cross the pond someday to watch them.


    You guys might be the Hull Tigers and not Hull City by the time you get over there huh?

    Good to see an American supporting a real team and not ManU/Chelsea!

    'Mauled by the tigers...you're getting mauled by the tigers.'
     
    WestHamUnited
    WestHamUnited
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 1010
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2014 - 11:01 PM ET #66

    Quote Originally Posted by jerzeebook:

    I don't believe any of this . The funny thing is you said earlier about how it is illegal to place a bet. That shows me you are a scaredy cat in the first place. Also how many betting exchanges have you played at ? I bet a big goose egg !  You cannot maintain and stay fresh in this game without the use of betting exchanges where you can create your own line and do many more things than these traditional and USA friendly books offer. Also live betting is instrumental in creating wealth and with exchanges you can take things much further than the $hitty CR books that will kick you out after winning a few measly grand.Sorry not buying  and yes i have been in the game since the late 90's and have done very well at times but this day and age things are very bleak with the lack of choices and options so math will not get you anywhere near where it could have  gotten you just a few short years ago . 


    Dude if this guy has a decent chunk of money to bet with, lives in OH where the cost of living is low, has a couple locals, and goes offshore he can do literally anything to pull out 10k-30k extra a year.  He didn't come here implying he makes huge money which is the only time he'd have to worry about getting his action down.  You can win small stakes without being cut off.  He could be someone who bets heavy favs and knows how to never lose.

    You have to remember that having a system savees you from yourself.  THe human element is somewhat removed.  If what you do to gain an edge works and you stick to it it will gradually make money.  Again this can be something as simple as only hammering steam.  If the only bets you place are when a line moves over 1.5 points in a day for example I wouldn't be shocked if they came in at 54.5% or so and turned a profit.

    He could be doing something as simple as a martingale.  Or just looking for a certain statistical discrepancy between 2 teams.  Or something really complicated and a mixture of both.

    Someone joked earlier about just pounding Mayweather.  Maybe he does that?  When I put my 2 20 dollar bets on Maidana last April right before I left NV to come home both times (I had a good hunch and went and threw 20 more down) I saw a homeless guy or someone close bet over 5k on mayweather.  You could just see it was some fool (both guys) who could never win gambling and was a lifetime big loser and was putting literally every penny he had on Floyd because doing that was the only timee he didn't lose big.

    Both those guys deserved to bite it that night but I almost felt mean and nasty wishing that loss on them (and I needed the couple hundred I'd have made) because by the loooks of those dudes they'd have likely been homeless or killed themselves if Floyd lost.  Both guy spent 15 minutes at the window too handing over their life savings neither was a high roller who dressed crappy.


    Point is even those guys could claim to have a "system" and not be lying.  People will be a lot better off if they use their heads when it comes to gambling and try and think of ways to make money instead of casting doubt and insisting everyone loses.


    When people ask me what i do for work I hate it and noone really cares they are just being fool and usually follow up with related stupid questions like what do I do for health insurance.  I've even stopped responding to that stuff because people can get really nasty when you get into a discussion about health care in the United States.  (This friggin country spending all this $ on the military when we face zero threat of invasion and successfully tricking its population into thinking they need have a job if they want to go to the doctor.)   Haters gonna hate.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzeebook:

    I don't believe any of this . The funny thing is you said earlier about how it is illegal to place a bet. That shows me you are a scaredy cat in the first place. Also how many betting exchanges have you played at ? I bet a big goose egg !  You cannot maintain and stay fresh in this game without the use of betting exchanges where you can create your own line and do many more things than these traditional and USA friendly books offer. Also live betting is instrumental in creating wealth and with exchanges you can take things much further than the $hitty CR books that will kick you out after winning a few measly grand.Sorry not buying  and yes i have been in the game since the late 90's and have done very well at times but this day and age things are very bleak with the lack of choices and options so math will not get you anywhere near where it could have  gotten you just a few short years ago . 


    Dude if this guy has a decent chunk of money to bet with, lives in OH where the cost of living is low, has a couple locals, and goes offshore he can do literally anything to pull out 10k-30k extra a year.  He didn't come here implying he makes huge money which is the only time he'd have to worry about getting his action down.  You can win small stakes without being cut off.  He could be someone who bets heavy favs and knows how to never lose.

    You have to remember that having a system savees you from yourself.  THe human element is somewhat removed.  If what you do to gain an edge works and you stick to it it will gradually make money.  Again this can be something as simple as only hammering steam.  If the only bets you place are when a line moves over 1.5 points in a day for example I wouldn't be shocked if they came in at 54.5% or so and turned a profit.

    He could be doing something as simple as a martingale.  Or just looking for a certain statistical discrepancy between 2 teams.  Or something really complicated and a mixture of both.

    Someone joked earlier about just pounding Mayweather.  Maybe he does that?  When I put my 2 20 dollar bets on Maidana last April right before I left NV to come home both times (I had a good hunch and went and threw 20 more down) I saw a homeless guy or someone close bet over 5k on mayweather.  You could just see it was some fool (both guys) who could never win gambling and was a lifetime big loser and was putting literally every penny he had on Floyd because doing that was the only timee he didn't lose big.

    Both those guys deserved to bite it that night but I almost felt mean and nasty wishing that loss on them (and I needed the couple hundred I'd have made) because by the loooks of those dudes they'd have likely been homeless or killed themselves if Floyd lost.  Both guy spent 15 minutes at the window too handing over their life savings neither was a high roller who dressed crappy.


    Point is even those guys could claim to have a "system" and not be lying.  People will be a lot better off if they use their heads when it comes to gambling and try and think of ways to make money instead of casting doubt and insisting everyone loses.


    When people ask me what i do for work I hate it and noone really cares they are just being fool and usually follow up with related stupid questions like what do I do for health insurance.  I've even stopped responding to that stuff because people can get really nasty when you get into a discussion about health care in the United States.  (This friggin country spending all this $ on the military when we face zero threat of invasion and successfully tricking its population into thinking they need have a job if they want to go to the doctor.)   Haters gonna hate.
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2014 - 8:19 AM ET #67

    Quote Originally Posted by WestHamUnited:


    You guys might be the Hull Tigers and not Hull City by the time you get over there huh?

    Good to see an American supporting a real team and not ManU/Chelsea!

    'Mauled by the tigers...you're getting mauled by the tigers.'

    QPR here!  Not everyone is a top 5 supporter.

    Hull City drew a tough one last night in the Europa qualifying - Huddlestone missed one that was easier to make than miss.

    https://www.gfycat.com/SimplisticFlimsyIrishsetter

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WestHamUnited:


    You guys might be the Hull Tigers and not Hull City by the time you get over there huh?

    Good to see an American supporting a real team and not ManU/Chelsea!

    'Mauled by the tigers...you're getting mauled by the tigers.'

    QPR here!  Not everyone is a top 5 supporter.

    Hull City drew a tough one last night in the Europa qualifying - Huddlestone missed one that was easier to make than miss.

    https://www.gfycat.com/SimplisticFlimsyIrishsetter

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2014 - 8:20 AM ET #68

    BTW - have been to both Hull and seen West Ham play at home many times!

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    BTW - have been to both Hull and seen West Ham play at home many times!

     
    MIZUNO22
    MIZUNO22
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 648
    Posted: Mar. 18, 2017 - 7:59 PM ET #69

    Almost 3 yrs since last post, still going strong, ready to expand, anyone interested?
    Reply
    Almost 3 yrs since last post, still going strong, ready to expand, anyone interested?
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Mar. 18, 2017 - 9:37 PM ET #70

    Quote Originally Posted by MIZUNO22:

    Almost 3 yrs since last post, still going strong, ready to expand, anyone interested?


    Who told you my tried and true pick-up line on the ladies?!?!?!?

    But, I usually say 2 years since my last "post" - don't want to appear desperate.....


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MIZUNO22:

    Almost 3 yrs since last post, still going strong, ready to expand, anyone interested?


    Who told you my tried and true pick-up line on the ladies?!?!?!?

    But, I usually say 2 years since my last "post" - don't want to appear desperate.....


     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Mar. 18, 2017 - 11:03 PM ET #71

    Quote Originally Posted by MIZUNO22:

    Almost 3 yrs since last post, still going strong, ready to expand, anyone interested?


    Yeah, bring it.

    Been gambling on this planet for fifty years  Still here.

    Possible for anybody to knock you down. 

    Impossible for them to prevent you from picking yourself back up.


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MIZUNO22:

    Almost 3 yrs since last post, still going strong, ready to expand, anyone interested?


    Yeah, bring it.

    Been gambling on this planet for fifty years  Still here.

    Possible for anybody to knock you down. 

    Impossible for them to prevent you from picking yourself back up.


     
    BIGfnPOO
    BIGfnPOO
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2006
    Posts: 18880
    Posted: Mar. 18, 2017 - 11:19 PM ET #72

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    You've already shared it. 

    With the most important person on this Earth. 

    Your wife.

    You owe no explanation to anyone else.

    Silence is golden.  In many different ways and means.


    bigFnPOO
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    You've already shared it. 

    With the most important person on this Earth. 

    Your wife.

    You owe no explanation to anyone else.

    Silence is golden.  In many different ways and means.


     
    MIZUNO22
    MIZUNO22
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 648
    Posted: Mar. 18, 2017 - 11:42 PM ET #73

    Goose, 

    Do you have the flexibility to make a bimonthly trip to Vegas?


    Reply
    Goose, 

    Do you have the flexibility to make a bimonthly trip to Vegas?


     
    gofish3
    gofish3
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 2709
    Posted: Mar. 19, 2017 - 1:00 AM ET #74

    Mizuno, sent you a friend request. Please accept so I can PM
    Reply
    Mizuno, sent you a friend request. Please accept so I can PM
     
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Mar. 19, 2017 - 1:01 AM ET #75


    Not possible at this immediate time.  My family is / has always been number one.  Got my 92 yr old Mother in a nursing home, caregiver for my 90 yr old father in my home, caregiver for my disabled 22 yr old son, completely dedicated to my Wifey of 25 yrs.  Would never abandon anyone in my family.  I am loyal to the very end.  Just can't do it because it's the very fabric of my being.  I do have family in Henderson so it's very possible I could be in Nevada soon.  My connections could TCB in Vegas if I so decided. 

    But I do believe you can be one of the only 5% who profit from sports gambling.  Why not if you have the discipline?  Too many misunderstand that the battle is not between you and the Book.  The struggle is always between you and your own self control.  And I've been here at covers.com for 14 yrs and following your postings for 3 yrs.  I'm not going anywhere.  Bank on it.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Not possible at this immediate time.  My family is / has always been number one.  Got my 92 yr old Mother in a nursing home, caregiver for my 90 yr old father in my home, caregiver for my disabled 22 yr old son, completely dedicated to my Wifey of 25 yrs.  Would never abandon anyone in my family.  I am loyal to the very end.  Just can't do it because it's the very fabric of my being.  I do have family in Henderson so it's very possible I could be in Nevada soon.  My connections could TCB in Vegas if I so decided. 

    But I do believe you can be one of the only 5% who profit from sports gambling.  Why not if you have the discipline?  Too many misunderstand that the battle is not between you and the Book.  The struggle is always between you and your own self control.  And I've been here at covers.com for 14 yrs and following your postings for 3 yrs.  I'm not going anywhere.  Bank on it.
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,890
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,606
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 445
    • MLB Playoffs 16,952
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,263
    • PART DEUX 139
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,362
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,265
    • Week 6 Money 5,817
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,148

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.