• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Losing aint fun.

    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
    dimndimn
    Kurshka
    scalabrine
    TheGoldenGoose
    vanzack
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 4830
    Posts: 75
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
     
    dimndimn
    dimndimn
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2006
    Posts: 5291
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2015 - 9:29 PM ET #26

    Win or lose, everything is a learning experience.  

    Since you've been racking your brain over these last 9 months, what are your top conclusions as to why you are losing at an abnormal rate?  Are you expecting a correction with a winning streak on the horizon?
    Reply
    Win or lose, everything is a learning experience.  

    Since you've been racking your brain over these last 9 months, what are your top conclusions as to why you are losing at an abnormal rate?  Are you expecting a correction with a winning streak on the horizon?
     
    Kurshka
    Kurshka
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 19156
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2015 - 9:49 PM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:



    On the contrary, Van made a bet with his friend against CG lasting a certain time period.

    Negative thoughts against another and other such negative thoughts...
    ATTRACT NEGATIVE ENERGY.

    You can call it coincidental BS but I have been watching this occur for a half century on this Planet Earth.  You believe what you want to believe but LEAVE ME OUT of this because I already know the outcome.

    New Age Spiritual individuals know what I am talking about.

    Others can Pooh-Pa this belief but do so at your own Peril.



    Goose let it go. CG is in a different world. Yeah I talked to him on the phone about his insurance test. Helped him with test answers and told him if he passed I could hook him up with a job in Vegas. 

    Last post I read was "I drank 15 bears and now I have my insurance test"

    Just talking to the guy you can tell he is a stupid hustler.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:



    On the contrary, Van made a bet with his friend against CG lasting a certain time period.

    Negative thoughts against another and other such negative thoughts...
    ATTRACT NEGATIVE ENERGY.

    You can call it coincidental BS but I have been watching this occur for a half century on this Planet Earth.  You believe what you want to believe but LEAVE ME OUT of this because I already know the outcome.

    New Age Spiritual individuals know what I am talking about.

    Others can Pooh-Pa this belief but do so at your own Peril.



    Goose let it go. CG is in a different world. Yeah I talked to him on the phone about his insurance test. Helped him with test answers and told him if he passed I could hook him up with a job in Vegas. 

    Last post I read was "I drank 15 bears and now I have my insurance test"

    Just talking to the guy you can tell he is a stupid hustler.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Nov. 8, 2015 - 10:13 AM ET #28

    Van,

    I'd take a step back and resort to traditional capping (if you are truly using models for every pick).

    There is no chance you can't cap these games traditionally. I know you look for edges and numbers and over the long-run do not believe traditional capping can get you where you need to go, but I'd resort to it now, revised the model in the meantime and then get back to what you like to do.

    I'm assuming you use models for all your picks, correct?


    Having said that, there are some great bets to be had on5Dimes on the World Series of Poker final table tonight...you in???
    Reply
    Van,

    I'd take a step back and resort to traditional capping (if you are truly using models for every pick).

    There is no chance you can't cap these games traditionally. I know you look for edges and numbers and over the long-run do not believe traditional capping can get you where you need to go, but I'd resort to it now, revised the model in the meantime and then get back to what you like to do.

    I'm assuming you use models for all your picks, correct?


    Having said that, there are some great bets to be had on5Dimes on the World Series of Poker final table tonight...you in???
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Nov. 8, 2015 - 11:20 AM ET #29


    Kurshka:  You have mail.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Kurshka:  You have mail.
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Nov. 8, 2015 - 7:58 PM ET #30

    Thanks everyone for the kind words.

    Unbelievably - I am happy to report I had a monster day.  My first winning day of NFL was a huge one.

    Started off with Crystal Palace ML against Liverpool (+650), then went 7-1 in NFL - and with all things - I swear (why would I start lying now) - a ML parlay with the Titans, Colts, Panthers, and 49ers.  It was a micro bet - but it paid 98-1.  Unreal. 

    Thanks again for the kind words.  I am chalking today up to Karma. 

    I will respond individually to the questions asked in here tomorrow once I have a chance to catch up.

    PS - one quick note....  I never rooted against CG.  I never wished him to go broke.  I tried to help the guy a million times.  I think it is funny that GG thinks my online relationship with CG has somehow influenced my success in gambling - but so be it - people think all kinds of crazy sh*t.  But I do think in the interest of fact - it should be known that I wish CG nothing but the best - but know he is a loser - and unless he takes the time to learn his craft - he is going to go broke again and again.

    So says the guy with a 9 month losing streak. 

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Thanks everyone for the kind words.

    Unbelievably - I am happy to report I had a monster day.  My first winning day of NFL was a huge one.

    Started off with Crystal Palace ML against Liverpool (+650), then went 7-1 in NFL - and with all things - I swear (why would I start lying now) - a ML parlay with the Titans, Colts, Panthers, and 49ers.  It was a micro bet - but it paid 98-1.  Unreal. 

    Thanks again for the kind words.  I am chalking today up to Karma. 

    I will respond individually to the questions asked in here tomorrow once I have a chance to catch up.

    PS - one quick note....  I never rooted against CG.  I never wished him to go broke.  I tried to help the guy a million times.  I think it is funny that GG thinks my online relationship with CG has somehow influenced my success in gambling - but so be it - people think all kinds of crazy sh*t.  But I do think in the interest of fact - it should be known that I wish CG nothing but the best - but know he is a loser - and unless he takes the time to learn his craft - he is going to go broke again and again.

    So says the guy with a 9 month losing streak. 

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Nov. 8, 2015 - 8:02 PM ET #31

    I will go through this thread tomorrow and respond to all posts.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    I will go through this thread tomorrow and respond to all posts.

     
    Rana828
    Rana828
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 1864
    Posted: Nov. 9, 2015 - 1:32 AM ET #32

    Nice bounceback day Vanzack!!
    Reply
    Nice bounceback day Vanzack!!
     
    JOHNNY_ODAE
    JOHNNY_ODAE
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 2605
    Posted: Nov. 9, 2015 - 9:46 AM ET #33

    Like a pro!!!!! Covering ground like i knew you would!!!
    Reply
    Like a pro!!!!! Covering ground like i knew you would!!!
     
    ACEasterling
    ACEasterling
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 110
    Posted: Nov. 9, 2015 - 11:34 AM ET #34

    You are a sports investor so youre gonna take some shots from Vegas every now and again but can you get back up? Do you have what it takes? I believe you do vanzack... Keep taking those shots you know to take, keep dodging the hits from your opponent... All Vegas does is throw jabs and sounds to me like you need a 12 round mindset right now...So hang tough and if you see an opening don't be afraid to go for the knockout punch. 

    Like a mighty oak, stand tall and true to who you are and what you do.
    Reply
    You are a sports investor so youre gonna take some shots from Vegas every now and again but can you get back up? Do you have what it takes? I believe you do vanzack... Keep taking those shots you know to take, keep dodging the hits from your opponent... All Vegas does is throw jabs and sounds to me like you need a 12 round mindset right now...So hang tough and if you see an opening don't be afraid to go for the knockout punch. 

    Like a mighty oak, stand tall and true to who you are and what you do.
     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Nov. 9, 2015 - 11:36 AM ET #35

    I don't know Van... it is true that everybody goes through losing streaks.  I have had plenty of my own.  Another point might be that since you have had success, you are too entrenched to looking at things a certain way.  For example, it seems whenever I try to add a different thought to any of your threads, you need to call me out for being an idiot.  I may have my most profitable years in 30 years in 2015.  BOL Van, hope it turns around for you soon!
    Reply
    I don't know Van... it is true that everybody goes through losing streaks.  I have had plenty of my own.  Another point might be that since you have had success, you are too entrenched to looking at things a certain way.  For example, it seems whenever I try to add a different thought to any of your threads, you need to call me out for being an idiot.  I may have my most profitable years in 30 years in 2015.  BOL Van, hope it turns around for you soon!
     
    Choosenone21
    Choosenone21
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2006
    Posts: 6290
    Posted: Nov. 9, 2015 - 12:19 PM ET #36

    I think this year has been one of the strangest years in every sport a lot of surprise teams that were bad franchises became relevant and champions. It dawn to me that with the right personnel teams will find additions to strengthen there ball club. At the end of the day this is a business and if your not willing to keep your talent/core then they will find work elsewhere and flourish. 
    Reply
    I think this year has been one of the strangest years in every sport a lot of surprise teams that were bad franchises became relevant and champions. It dawn to me that with the right personnel teams will find additions to strengthen there ball club. At the end of the day this is a business and if your not willing to keep your talent/core then they will find work elsewhere and flourish. 
     
    AChigurh
    AChigurh
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 833
    Posted: Nov. 9, 2015 - 8:36 PM ET #37

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Van:

    The Universe is infinite.  Whatever you put out into that Universe has it's way of returning to you.  If you put out Good Luck thoughts and Good Luck Vibs, they shall be returned to you.

    I seem to remember you trashing CG and laughing at CG and sending Negative messages to CG.

    Perhaps you shall reap what you have sown.

    You don't believe me?

    Time is a flat circle.....  The real question is how many times have you written this thread....

    since this dudes hittin you w the negative juju.  I'll counterbalance by saying when I was 20 and reloading my bodog account weekly... I stumbled onto "my long winded betting manifesto".   Eye opening and Maybe 10 years late but still.... Appreciate all that 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Van:

    The Universe is infinite.  Whatever you put out into that Universe has it's way of returning to you.  If you put out Good Luck thoughts and Good Luck Vibs, they shall be returned to you.

    I seem to remember you trashing CG and laughing at CG and sending Negative messages to CG.

    Perhaps you shall reap what you have sown.

    You don't believe me?

    Time is a flat circle.....  The real question is how many times have you written this thread....

    since this dudes hittin you w the negative juju.  I'll counterbalance by saying when I was 20 and reloading my bodog account weekly... I stumbled onto "my long winded betting manifesto".   Eye opening and Maybe 10 years late but still.... Appreciate all that 

     
    ALTABLOCK
    ALTABLOCK
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 2165
    Posted: Nov. 10, 2015 - 12:07 AM ET #38

    go back to the basics.

    dogs dogs dogs.


    Reply
    go back to the basics.

    dogs dogs dogs.


     
    ClubDirt
    ClubDirt
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 28196
    Posted: Nov. 10, 2015 - 12:18 PM ET #39

    that reminds me, i'm very disappointed no one has offered the most important advice of all


    https://theservicecoach.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Keep-it-Simple-704x400.jpg



    Reply
    that reminds me, i'm very disappointed no one has offered the most important advice of all


    https://theservicecoach.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Keep-it-Simple-704x400.jpg



     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Nov. 10, 2015 - 12:22 PM ET #40

    He's going through a tough time, why break his balls?

    Reply
    He's going through a tough time, why break his balls?

     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Nov. 10, 2015 - 1:17 PM ET #41

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    He's going through a tough time, why break his balls?


    "We reap what we sow"

    Vanzack has plenty of knowledge, and he has worked hard to accumulate that knowledge.  I have learned plenty from him, amongst many others here.

    But Vanzack does have a superiority complex.  He has to call out anybody that does not see things exactly the way he does.  He deserves exactly all of the profits from his work in the wagering world (we all do), and he also deserves all of the backlash he might receive when things are not going his way for his years of talking down people (we all do).

    That is why
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    He's going through a tough time, why break his balls?


    "We reap what we sow"

    Vanzack has plenty of knowledge, and he has worked hard to accumulate that knowledge.  I have learned plenty from him, amongst many others here.

    But Vanzack does have a superiority complex.  He has to call out anybody that does not see things exactly the way he does.  He deserves exactly all of the profits from his work in the wagering world (we all do), and he also deserves all of the backlash he might receive when things are not going his way for his years of talking down people (we all do).

    That is why
     
    Alomar
    Alomar
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 1937
    Posted: Nov. 10, 2015 - 1:23 PM ET #42

    Man up and act like an adult, no more
    Reply
    Man up and act like an adult, no more
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Nov. 10, 2015 - 1:29 PM ET #43

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:


    "We reap what we sow"

    Vanzack has plenty of knowledge, and he has worked hard to accumulate that knowledge.  I have learned plenty from him, amongst many others here.

    But Vanzack does have a superiority complex.  He has to call out anybody that does not see things exactly the way he does.  He deserves exactly all of the profits from his work in the wagering world (we all do), and he also deserves all of the backlash he might receive when things are not going his way for his years of talking down people (we all do).

    That is why

    Fan, that's a little harsh. I respect your opinion but we've all been there.  

    Van is looking for some support from his Covers brothers.  

    Van, as long as you didn't ruin your family, I think you'll be ok.  As long as you can provide for your family.  Otherwise. I don't feel sorry for you.

    But I know you're smarter than that!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:


    "We reap what we sow"

    Vanzack has plenty of knowledge, and he has worked hard to accumulate that knowledge.  I have learned plenty from him, amongst many others here.

    But Vanzack does have a superiority complex.  He has to call out anybody that does not see things exactly the way he does.  He deserves exactly all of the profits from his work in the wagering world (we all do), and he also deserves all of the backlash he might receive when things are not going his way for his years of talking down people (we all do).

    That is why

    Fan, that's a little harsh. I respect your opinion but we've all been there.  

    Van is looking for some support from his Covers brothers.  

    Van, as long as you didn't ruin your family, I think you'll be ok.  As long as you can provide for your family.  Otherwise. I don't feel sorry for you.

    But I know you're smarter than that!
     
    avenue
    avenue
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 7616
    Posted: Nov. 10, 2015 - 6:43 PM ET #44




    wishing you peace and success pal







    bol buddy
    Reply



    wishing you peace and success pal







    bol buddy
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Nov. 10, 2015 - 8:46 PM ET #45

    Quote Originally Posted by daysbtwin:

    Sorry to hear that, Van. 

    I think you're one of the few people here who takes sports betting very seriously and so you're one of the least deserving of a 9 month slump. 

    Hope you turn it around soon 

    Thanks.

    I think eventually it happens to everyone.  Just hard to sort out if it is something I am doing or just variance.  Of course - when you are in it - you pull your hair out.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by daysbtwin:

    Sorry to hear that, Van. 

    I think you're one of the few people here who takes sports betting very seriously and so you're one of the least deserving of a 9 month slump. 

    Hope you turn it around soon 

    Thanks.

    I think eventually it happens to everyone.  Just hard to sort out if it is something I am doing or just variance.  Of course - when you are in it - you pull your hair out.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Nov. 10, 2015 - 8:47 PM ET #46

    Quote Originally Posted by ClubDirt:

    for what it's worth, and i do take NFL betting fairly seriously, after several very good years, i'm getting smoked in the nfl as well. 

    still plenty of season left though. 



    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ClubDirt:

    for what it's worth, and i do take NFL betting fairly seriously, after several very good years, i'm getting smoked in the nfl as well. 

    still plenty of season left though. 



     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Nov. 10, 2015 - 8:48 PM ET #47

    Quote Originally Posted by thorpe:

    Betting on sports gets harder every year.  More info, more smart people betting, better computer algorithms, etc.


     

    I have considered this also.  Maybe the markets are just more efficient now?  Maybe it is just simply harder to beat?

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thorpe:

    Betting on sports gets harder every year.  More info, more smart people betting, better computer algorithms, etc.


     

    I have considered this also.  Maybe the markets are just more efficient now?  Maybe it is just simply harder to beat?

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Nov. 10, 2015 - 8:49 PM ET #48

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_bollox:

    kudos to the post, honesty is a rare commodity here as you intimated, i'm curious as you do like to bet on soccer, how you're doing in that sphere 

    Soccer has been good.  I seem to have a good longterm run going in soccer.

    I had a ridiculously good soccer year in 2014, but this year has been good - not great.  But I will take it.  And Euro 2016 is coming up.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_bollox:

    kudos to the post, honesty is a rare commodity here as you intimated, i'm curious as you do like to bet on soccer, how you're doing in that sphere 

    Soccer has been good.  I seem to have a good longterm run going in soccer.

    I had a ridiculously good soccer year in 2014, but this year has been good - not great.  But I will take it.  And Euro 2016 is coming up.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Nov. 10, 2015 - 8:51 PM ET #49

    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit:

    Here's a couple thoughts to consider

    ---Systems do go bad sometimes, and you have to modify them, or start over with a new one.   For example, I had an NFL system that worked really well for a couple of years.   One of those years, I won a pool-type contest, picking every single game at a rate of 59%. (256 games total)   The next couple of years, the same system was giving me 45-48% winners.   So I trashed it & moved on to something else.

    ---40 games is a small sample size.   Even 80 games is a small sample size.   Look at it this way........overall, your record is 116-91-3, which is a 56% win rate.   That's not bad, at all.

    Hang in there

    THINK POSITIVE

    BOL

    . 


    Agree.  And I have tried modifying a bunch of my core principles.  One thing I cant get past and mentioned in my first post - is coaching and penalties in football.  They should even out over the course of a season - but when you are betting on individual games - they can have a huge impact on your profit and loss.  And from where I sit - are largely unpredictable.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit:

    Here's a couple thoughts to consider

    ---Systems do go bad sometimes, and you have to modify them, or start over with a new one.   For example, I had an NFL system that worked really well for a couple of years.   One of those years, I won a pool-type contest, picking every single game at a rate of 59%. (256 games total)   The next couple of years, the same system was giving me 45-48% winners.   So I trashed it & moved on to something else.

    ---40 games is a small sample size.   Even 80 games is a small sample size.   Look at it this way........overall, your record is 116-91-3, which is a 56% win rate.   That's not bad, at all.

    Hang in there

    THINK POSITIVE

    BOL

    . 


    Agree.  And I have tried modifying a bunch of my core principles.  One thing I cant get past and mentioned in my first post - is coaching and penalties in football.  They should even out over the course of a season - but when you are betting on individual games - they can have a huge impact on your profit and loss.  And from where I sit - are largely unpredictable.

     
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Nov. 10, 2015 - 8:52 PM ET #50

    Quote Originally Posted by billyloco:

     learned to bet soccer frm observing you 4/5 yrs ago during the World Cup.

    I lay a 4 team Round Robin n soccer everyday worth 60 units and all have to be within a 127 to 140 range....not posting these, superstious i guess, up 162 units...uno win some lose some.

    NBA..RR the hell outta the unders & dogs...cha-ching for me so far Van.  

                                                                                                                                                                      

    Good to see you Billy,.  That is an interesting system.  Would love to hear more about it.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by billyloco:

     learned to bet soccer frm observing you 4/5 yrs ago during the World Cup.

    I lay a 4 team Round Robin n soccer everyday worth 60 units and all have to be within a 127 to 140 range....not posting these, superstious i guess, up 162 units...uno win some lose some.

    NBA..RR the hell outta the unders & dogs...cha-ching for me so far Van.  

                                                                                                                                                                      

    Good to see you Billy,.  That is an interesting system.  Would love to hear more about it.

    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,357
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 436
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,898
    • PART DEUX 159
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 848
    • Week 6 Money 8,515
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,286
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,263

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.