Hi all; Absolute tradgedy and I’ve stayed in this hotel in past. Been tough just thinking about this and deeply saddened!!! I of course thank and bless all first responders here but my brother told me the Following: I heard it took police 72 minutes from the first 911 call to when they broke into his room.. Holy cow is that accurate? If so that is a very long time. :-(... Again my heart goes out to all victims and their relatives here. Diver
Hi all; Absolute tradgedy and I’ve stayed in this hotel in past. Been tough just thinking about this and deeply saddened!!! I of course thank and bless all first responders here but my brother told me the Following: I heard it took police 72 minutes from the first 911 call to when they broke into his room.. Holy cow is that accurate? If so that is a very long time. :-(... Again my heart goes out to all victims and their relatives here. Diver
How did this looser.... get that much hard ware through madaline bay metal detectors 23 firearms......... I pray for the triage units that must cope with the 527 wounded, sad day in america....
I may just be oblivious, but I have never seen a metal detector going into the casino or hotels here. They have them for concert venues and clubs, but not for the main floor or hotel.
Quote Originally Posted by nature1970:
How did this looser.... get that much hard ware through madaline bay metal detectors 23 firearms......... I pray for the triage units that must cope with the 527 wounded, sad day in america....
I may just be oblivious, but I have never seen a metal detector going into the casino or hotels here. They have them for concert venues and clubs, but not for the main floor or hotel.
You should have to wear a bright orange hunters hat if you're on anti-depressants or anti-anxiety medication.
then half the US population will wear these bright orange shirts sir.. everyone and their mother are on benzodiazepines(xanax), SSRI(paxil, zoloft, prozac) etc...
Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:
Looks like this guy was on anti-anxiety meds.
You should have to wear a bright orange hunters hat if you're on anti-depressants or anti-anxiety medication.
then half the US population will wear these bright orange shirts sir.. everyone and their mother are on benzodiazepines(xanax), SSRI(paxil, zoloft, prozac) etc...
How about you let everyone have whatever gun they want but place traceable controls on the ammunition.
I am not sure how this helps. If you try to regulate the purchase of ammunition, that creates all sorts of issues itself. If you just want to be able to track it after the fact, then I'm not sure how it would help prevent something like this in the first place.
I'm a gun guy, but I do support putting some sort of regulation on the ultra dangerous firearms. Where the line starts and stops, I do not know. I just think that some of these guns really only have one purpose despite what the NRA says. Just my opinion.
Quote Originally Posted by HockeyTeeth:
How about you let everyone have whatever gun they want but place traceable controls on the ammunition.
I am not sure how this helps. If you try to regulate the purchase of ammunition, that creates all sorts of issues itself. If you just want to be able to track it after the fact, then I'm not sure how it would help prevent something like this in the first place.
I'm a gun guy, but I do support putting some sort of regulation on the ultra dangerous firearms. Where the line starts and stops, I do not know. I just think that some of these guns really only have one purpose despite what the NRA says. Just my opinion.
This is not a gun issue, no way no how. Politicians and lawmakers will argue, debate and fight over gun laws when that is not the main problem.
The problem is mental illness. Theres a reason why police are finding zero motive in all of this. There was no motive, and especially no motive stephen paddock wouldve disclosed to anyone. His life as a mentally ill person all built up to what he did in vegas.
Until psychological screenings are done before purchasing weapons things like this will continue to happen.
Not saying targeting mental illness as the problem will stop the problem completely but it sure as hell beats the alternative
All im going to say on this is this:
This is not a gun issue, no way no how. Politicians and lawmakers will argue, debate and fight over gun laws when that is not the main problem.
The problem is mental illness. Theres a reason why police are finding zero motive in all of this. There was no motive, and especially no motive stephen paddock wouldve disclosed to anyone. His life as a mentally ill person all built up to what he did in vegas.
Until psychological screenings are done before purchasing weapons things like this will continue to happen.
Not saying targeting mental illness as the problem will stop the problem completely but it sure as hell beats the alternative
I am not sure how this helps. If you try to regulate the purchase of ammunition, that creates all sorts of issues itself. If you just want to be able to track it after the fact, then I'm not sure how it would help prevent something like this in the first place.
I'm a gun guy, but I do support putting some sort of regulation on the ultra dangerous firearms. Where the line starts and stops, I do not know. I just think that some of these guns really only have one purpose despite what the NRA says. Just my opinion.
As a former NRA member and 2nd amendment advocate, I agree entirely. Wayne LaPierre is a paranoid money pusher who could care less about responsible firearm laws. He gets paid by gun manufacturers and will always support the money which butters his bread. Don't look to him for guidance.
Quote Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:
I am not sure how this helps. If you try to regulate the purchase of ammunition, that creates all sorts of issues itself. If you just want to be able to track it after the fact, then I'm not sure how it would help prevent something like this in the first place.
I'm a gun guy, but I do support putting some sort of regulation on the ultra dangerous firearms. Where the line starts and stops, I do not know. I just think that some of these guns really only have one purpose despite what the NRA says. Just my opinion.
As a former NRA member and 2nd amendment advocate, I agree entirely. Wayne LaPierre is a paranoid money pusher who could care less about responsible firearm laws. He gets paid by gun manufacturers and will always support the money which butters his bread. Don't look to him for guidance.
maybe if they took out the corner of that building with a law missle all the other hotels might adopt a metal detector policy... if someone toats in 50 firearms and cases of ammo maybe just maybe he might be up to no good and should be asked whatthe hell are you doing with that much firepower....
maybe if they took out the corner of that building with a law missle all the other hotels might adopt a metal detector policy... if someone toats in 50 firearms and cases of ammo maybe just maybe he might be up to no good and should be asked whatthe hell are you doing with that much firepower....
Imo very simple. anybody registered 5 or more personal firearms in possesion fills out a simple form to be submitted to ATF for review and approval, each gun purchase following requires same report. I'm a gun collector and avid shooter but I think any fellow gun enthusiasts would agree.
Liberals are so clueless but I'll help them.it's very simple and they'll get support from both NRA an DOJ.
Nothing would ever stop this man but Im willing to help Americans feel a sense of order.
Imo very simple. anybody registered 5 or more personal firearms in possesion fills out a simple form to be submitted to ATF for review and approval, each gun purchase following requires same report. I'm a gun collector and avid shooter but I think any fellow gun enthusiasts would agree.
Liberals are so clueless but I'll help them.it's very simple and they'll get support from both NRA an DOJ.
Nothing would ever stop this man but Im willing to help Americans feel a sense of order.
....And no offense to AR-15 owners but we have to pick our spots. ATF can require the special background check if we own more than two platforms. I know, you say the hell with them but we have to make the Democrats stop yelling. No bfd.
....And no offense to AR-15 owners but we have to pick our spots. ATF can require the special background check if we own more than two platforms. I know, you say the hell with them but we have to make the Democrats stop yelling. No bfd.
I am not sure how this helps. If you try to regulate the purchase of ammunition, that creates all sorts of issues itself. If you just want to be able to track it after the fact, then I'm not sure how it would help prevent something like this in the first place.
I'm a gun guy, but I do support putting some sort of regulation on the ultra dangerous firearms. Where the line starts and stops, I do not know. I just think that some of these guns really only have one purpose despite what the NRA says. Just my opinion.
Yes, you are correct, it would not stop a lunatic armed like he was. I meant it it the framework of gun control discussion. Guns are rarely left at the scene bullets remain in the victims.
Quote Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:
I am not sure how this helps. If you try to regulate the purchase of ammunition, that creates all sorts of issues itself. If you just want to be able to track it after the fact, then I'm not sure how it would help prevent something like this in the first place.
I'm a gun guy, but I do support putting some sort of regulation on the ultra dangerous firearms. Where the line starts and stops, I do not know. I just think that some of these guns really only have one purpose despite what the NRA says. Just my opinion.
Yes, you are correct, it would not stop a lunatic armed like he was. I meant it it the framework of gun control discussion. Guns are rarely left at the scene bullets remain in the victims.