with the amt of ppl lined up to donate blood, they're getting vouchers to donatefor next cpl days, most of these ppl have been here all day to donate.just watching interviews here on local tv is heartbreaking.
with the amt of ppl lined up to donate blood, they're getting vouchers to donatefor next cpl days, most of these ppl have been here all day to donate.just watching interviews here on local tv is heartbreaking.
The dude let loose so much fire that the smoke set off the detector in
his room. I can't even fathom the horror all those people must have
felt.
I was wondering HOW Las Vegas SWAT was able to find the shooters room so quickly. the Mandalay Bay one of THE biggest hotels on the strip. thank God they found him relatively fast
overall gotta give the Las Vegas police and other law enforcement a huge for their actions
It's still early with TONS of details still to come, but most everything I have read and heard indicates that many acted heroically trying tor to save as many as possible (giving up their clothes to stop bleeding, carrying wounded to safety amidst fire, etc.). And it sounds like law enforcement did a tremendous job as well. Small consolation, but my hat's off to those folks.
Quote Originally Posted by LeRinkRat:
The dude let loose so much fire that the smoke set off the detector in
his room. I can't even fathom the horror all those people must have
felt.
I was wondering HOW Las Vegas SWAT was able to find the shooters room so quickly. the Mandalay Bay one of THE biggest hotels on the strip. thank God they found him relatively fast
overall gotta give the Las Vegas police and other law enforcement a huge for their actions
It's still early with TONS of details still to come, but most everything I have read and heard indicates that many acted heroically trying tor to save as many as possible (giving up their clothes to stop bleeding, carrying wounded to safety amidst fire, etc.). And it sounds like law enforcement did a tremendous job as well. Small consolation, but my hat's off to those folks.
It's still early with TONS of details still to come, but most everything I have read and heard indicates that many acted heroically trying tor to save as many as possible (giving up their clothes to stop bleeding, carrying wounded to safety amidst fire, etc.). And it sounds like law enforcement did a tremendous job as well. Small consolation, but my hat's off to those folks.
Quote Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:
It's still early with TONS of details still to come, but most everything I have read and heard indicates that many acted heroically trying tor to save as many as possible (giving up their clothes to stop bleeding, carrying wounded to safety amidst fire, etc.). And it sounds like law enforcement did a tremendous job as well. Small consolation, but my hat's off to those folks.
did they confirm what the weapons were? that he was using a side fire/AR combo? or that they were fully auto?
The source that i watched on TV said the weapons were legally purchased by the shooter. .223 and .308 AR were used by the shooter, probably altered from the semi-automatic to automatic.
Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker1855:
did they confirm what the weapons were? that he was using a side fire/AR combo? or that they were fully auto?
The source that i watched on TV said the weapons were legally purchased by the shooter. .223 and .308 AR were used by the shooter, probably altered from the semi-automatic to automatic.
Just insanity, he had to be targeting someone at music festival and just went balls out afterwards. If he just wanted to kill a garbage load of people, he picked the wrong spot on the strip to do so. I expected some sort of terrorist attack here, but definitely not this. Can't prepare for stuff like this :(. Sad day
Just insanity, he had to be targeting someone at music festival and just went balls out afterwards. If he just wanted to kill a garbage load of people, he picked the wrong spot on the strip to do so. I expected some sort of terrorist attack here, but definitely not this. Can't prepare for stuff like this :(. Sad day
Let's not make ANY changes to our lax gun laws because what we're doing is working so very well.
Yes, that is sarcasm, and if you right-wing gun nuts don't like it, you know where you can shove it.
Not a gun nut and never owned a gun, but what do u seriously think could have been done to prevent this? Or do you just want to spew your BS to feel included?
Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:
Let's not make ANY changes to our lax gun laws because what we're doing is working so very well.
Yes, that is sarcasm, and if you right-wing gun nuts don't like it, you know where you can shove it.
Not a gun nut and never owned a gun, but what do u seriously think could have been done to prevent this? Or do you just want to spew your BS to feel included?
And here comes the left with the gun control BS. Come and get my gun Democrats....I fuc%ing dare you
That is what you took for all this? You are pathetic. I'm a huge gun enthusiast. Started going to the range an a teen. Starting collecting as soon as I was old enough. Yet when I hear of a tragedy like this, the last thing I think of is democrats taking my guns. Search is a gun enthusiast but you don't hear him saying that either. He made a post about slide stocks for those who aren't familiar with bump firing.
R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
Quote Originally Posted by packers1992:
And here comes the left with the gun control BS. Come and get my gun Democrats....I fuc%ing dare you
That is what you took for all this? You are pathetic. I'm a huge gun enthusiast. Started going to the range an a teen. Starting collecting as soon as I was old enough. Yet when I hear of a tragedy like this, the last thing I think of is democrats taking my guns. Search is a gun enthusiast but you don't hear him saying that either. He made a post about slide stocks for those who aren't familiar with bump firing.
He shot almost 500 people, I am thinking most bullets probably missed, so he shot 2500 rounds if he hit 1 in 5.
They say he was shooting for 32 minutes.
That is 78 rounds a minute or about one a second, could very well be semi-automatic if he was lined up with clips and such.
OBTW, I hate guns, just adding my two cents.
The sounds I hear on the videos, lead me to think semi-automatic too.
Does not really matter, there are so many of these on the streets today, YOU COULD NEVER, EVER REMOVE THEM ALL.
I would be for stopping selling them going forward, that would make the ones today more valuable and price out SOME criminals and let all the crazies keep their precious guns.
My take and I know very little.....
He shot almost 500 people, I am thinking most bullets probably missed, so he shot 2500 rounds if he hit 1 in 5.
They say he was shooting for 32 minutes.
That is 78 rounds a minute or about one a second, could very well be semi-automatic if he was lined up with clips and such.
OBTW, I hate guns, just adding my two cents.
The sounds I hear on the videos, lead me to think semi-automatic too.
Does not really matter, there are so many of these on the streets today, YOU COULD NEVER, EVER REMOVE THEM ALL.
I would be for stopping selling them going forward, that would make the ones today more valuable and price out SOME criminals and let all the crazies keep their precious guns.
He shot almost 500 people, I am thinking most bullets probably missed, so he shot 2500 rounds if he hit 1 in 5.
They say he was shooting for 32 minutes.
That is 78 rounds a minute or about one a second, could very well be semi-automatic if he was lined up with clips and such.
OBTW, I hate guns, just adding my two cents.
The sounds I hear on the videos, lead me to think semi-automatic too.
Does not really matter, there are so many of these on the streets today, YOU COULD NEVER, EVER REMOVE THEM ALL.
I would be for stopping selling them going forward, that would make the ones today more valuable and price out SOME criminals and let all the crazies keep their precious guns.
Technically it is semi-auto. Search already revealed he was bump firing.
R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
Quote Originally Posted by Crashdavis565:
My take and I know very little.....
He shot almost 500 people, I am thinking most bullets probably missed, so he shot 2500 rounds if he hit 1 in 5.
They say he was shooting for 32 minutes.
That is 78 rounds a minute or about one a second, could very well be semi-automatic if he was lined up with clips and such.
OBTW, I hate guns, just adding my two cents.
The sounds I hear on the videos, lead me to think semi-automatic too.
Does not really matter, there are so many of these on the streets today, YOU COULD NEVER, EVER REMOVE THEM ALL.
I would be for stopping selling them going forward, that would make the ones today more valuable and price out SOME criminals and let all the crazies keep their precious guns.
Technically it is semi-auto. Search already revealed he was bump firing.
As a compulsive gambler myself who has been in Gamblers Annonymous for the past 5 yrs, it was my suspicion from the start that this guy had a gambling problem. It's hard to believe that anyone would go over the deep end like he did. Usually loosing your life savings would just lead to suicide. Makes no sense that he needed to take out innocent people. But its an insidious disease and so easily hidden from family and friends. If anyone is gambling large sums of money on a daily basis, they have a gambling problem. There is no such thing as a professional gambler...the casino always wins and it can take millions with a blink of an eye.
As a compulsive gambler myself who has been in Gamblers Annonymous for the past 5 yrs, it was my suspicion from the start that this guy had a gambling problem. It's hard to believe that anyone would go over the deep end like he did. Usually loosing your life savings would just lead to suicide. Makes no sense that he needed to take out innocent people. But its an insidious disease and so easily hidden from family and friends. If anyone is gambling large sums of money on a daily basis, they have a gambling problem. There is no such thing as a professional gambler...the casino always wins and it can take millions with a blink of an eye.
US is the top country in the world for mass shooting. Police chief association has recommended tougher gun control and less freedom. But remedies are unlikely to be implemented and there are sure to be more shootings in the future. In the US, most terrorist attacks are committed by American citizens.
US is the top country in the world for mass shooting. Police chief association has recommended tougher gun control and less freedom. But remedies are unlikely to be implemented and there are sure to be more shootings in the future. In the US, most terrorist attacks are committed by American citizens.
As a compulsive gambler myself who has been in Gamblers Annonymous for the past 5 yrs, it was my suspicion from the start that this guy had a gambling problem. It's hard to believe that anyone would go over the deep end like he did. Usually loosing your life savings would just lead to suicide. Makes no sense that he needed to take out innocent people. But its an insidious disease and so easily hidden from family and friends. If anyone is gambling large sums of money on a daily basis, they have a gambling problem. There is no such thing as a professional gambler...the casino always wins and it can take millions with a blink of an eye.
Buzz Killngton
Quote Originally Posted by Robala:
As a compulsive gambler myself who has been in Gamblers Annonymous for the past 5 yrs, it was my suspicion from the start that this guy had a gambling problem. It's hard to believe that anyone would go over the deep end like he did. Usually loosing your life savings would just lead to suicide. Makes no sense that he needed to take out innocent people. But its an insidious disease and so easily hidden from family and friends. If anyone is gambling large sums of money on a daily basis, they have a gambling problem. There is no such thing as a professional gambler...the casino always wins and it can take millions with a blink of an eye.
Bump firing is the same rate of fire as a fully automatic rifle. Judging by the duration of the bursts, he had at very least 30 round mags, and more likely 50 rounders packed with 2 for 1 killing 7.62 rounds.
Stump knows all of this and knows exactly what that psycho was doing.
Thinking about that scene puts chills down my spine. A horribly sad day in America.
Bump firing is the same rate of fire as a fully automatic rifle. Judging by the duration of the bursts, he had at very least 30 round mags, and more likely 50 rounders packed with 2 for 1 killing 7.62 rounds.
Stump knows all of this and knows exactly what that psycho was doing.
Thinking about that scene puts chills down my spine. A horribly sad day in America.
He shot almost 500 people, I am thinking most bullets probably missed, so he shot 2500 rounds if he hit 1 in 5.
They say he was shooting for 32 minutes.
That is 78 rounds a minute or about one a second, could very well be semi-automatic if he was lined up with clips and such.
OBTW, I hate guns, just adding my two cents.
The sounds I hear on the videos, lead me to think semi-automatic too.
Does not really matter, there are so many of these on the streets today, YOU COULD NEVER, EVER REMOVE THEM ALL.
I would be for stopping selling them going forward, that would make the ones today more valuable and price out SOME criminals and let all the crazies keep their precious guns.
One retired FBI guest on TV estimated some 6,000 rounds of ammunition were fired by the shooter in that time span. There is no space for these types of assault machine guns on street, they were made specifically for combat, CD.
Quote Originally Posted by Crashdavis565:
My take and I know very little.....
He shot almost 500 people, I am thinking most bullets probably missed, so he shot 2500 rounds if he hit 1 in 5.
They say he was shooting for 32 minutes.
That is 78 rounds a minute or about one a second, could very well be semi-automatic if he was lined up with clips and such.
OBTW, I hate guns, just adding my two cents.
The sounds I hear on the videos, lead me to think semi-automatic too.
Does not really matter, there are so many of these on the streets today, YOU COULD NEVER, EVER REMOVE THEM ALL.
I would be for stopping selling them going forward, that would make the ones today more valuable and price out SOME criminals and let all the crazies keep their precious guns.
One retired FBI guest on TV estimated some 6,000 rounds of ammunition were fired by the shooter in that time span. There is no space for these types of assault machine guns on street, they were made specifically for combat, CD.
He shot almost 500 people, I am thinking most bullets probably missed, so he shot 2500 rounds if he hit 1 in 5.
They say he was shooting for 32 minutes.
That is 78 rounds a minute or about one a second, could very well be semi-automatic if he was lined up with clips and such.
OBTW, I hate guns, just adding my two cents.
The sounds I hear on the videos, lead me to think semi-automatic too.
Does not really matter, there are so many of these on the streets today, YOU COULD NEVER, EVER REMOVE THEM ALL.
I would be for stopping selling them going forward, that would make the ones today more valuable and price out SOME criminals and let all the crazies keep their precious guns.
Also CD, i am seeing at one climax point of the majority of this country is going to say enough is enough of these assault machine guns and bring a conclusion on these weapons for commercial sale. Maybe not going to happen on this LV massacre but it will materialize, some day. Let's hope as soon as possible.
Quote Originally Posted by Crashdavis565:
My take and I know very little.....
He shot almost 500 people, I am thinking most bullets probably missed, so he shot 2500 rounds if he hit 1 in 5.
They say he was shooting for 32 minutes.
That is 78 rounds a minute or about one a second, could very well be semi-automatic if he was lined up with clips and such.
OBTW, I hate guns, just adding my two cents.
The sounds I hear on the videos, lead me to think semi-automatic too.
Does not really matter, there are so many of these on the streets today, YOU COULD NEVER, EVER REMOVE THEM ALL.
I would be for stopping selling them going forward, that would make the ones today more valuable and price out SOME criminals and let all the crazies keep their precious guns.
Also CD, i am seeing at one climax point of the majority of this country is going to say enough is enough of these assault machine guns and bring a conclusion on these weapons for commercial sale. Maybe not going to happen on this LV massacre but it will materialize, some day. Let's hope as soon as possible.
How did this looser.... get that much hard ware through madaline bay metal detectors 23 firearms......... I pray for the triage units that must cope with the 527 wounded, sad day in america....
How did this looser.... get that much hard ware through madaline bay metal detectors 23 firearms......... I pray for the triage units that must cope with the 527 wounded, sad day in america....
Something crazy I just remembered when I was staying in downtown Vegas just a few months back, I was parked at the parking lot at The "D" and there was a big concert or something going on at the Downtown Las Vegas Events Center. Here's a picture of it:
(If you look in the background of the second picture down, that's the parking garage I was in - and it goes up like 10 stories or so. First picture is probably taken from the Golden Nugget hotel)
As you can see, big open square with gates on all sides. I remember even mentioning something to my wife that, man, if someone was to chuck like a pipe bomb or something into that crowd, you'd probably kill 100 people or so.....
Let's pray there's no copycatters.....
Something crazy I just remembered when I was staying in downtown Vegas just a few months back, I was parked at the parking lot at The "D" and there was a big concert or something going on at the Downtown Las Vegas Events Center. Here's a picture of it:
(If you look in the background of the second picture down, that's the parking garage I was in - and it goes up like 10 stories or so. First picture is probably taken from the Golden Nugget hotel)
As you can see, big open square with gates on all sides. I remember even mentioning something to my wife that, man, if someone was to chuck like a pipe bomb or something into that crowd, you'd probably kill 100 people or so.....
I'm 100% pro gun all the way but ATF could be in real trouble for loss of life here.
You need a class III license to own a fully automatic rifle. Requires tons of money and tons of applications filed with ATF. The reason for this is because a fully automatic weapon will kill lots of people very quickly and it is designed for war.
However, ATF approved the sale and legality of Slide Stocks and Bump Fire stocks. These allow semi automatic platforms to achieve the same fire rate as full automatic.
Just saying. ATF will have to answer serious questions I believe.
Full auto fire cannot be available to any Joe with 300 dollars.
This isn't political, I'm just stating facts.
I'm 100% pro gun all the way but ATF could be in real trouble for loss of life here.
You need a class III license to own a fully automatic rifle. Requires tons of money and tons of applications filed with ATF. The reason for this is because a fully automatic weapon will kill lots of people very quickly and it is designed for war.
However, ATF approved the sale and legality of Slide Stocks and Bump Fire stocks. These allow semi automatic platforms to achieve the same fire rate as full automatic.
Just saying. ATF will have to answer serious questions I believe.
Full auto fire cannot be available to any Joe with 300 dollars.
....I think Stump, who is a big gun enthusiast and respects the power of firearms might agree.
The focus of course is on loss of life but when the smoke clears there is going to be families that want answers. Nothing would ever stop that man but ATF needs to address some devastated folks.
....I think Stump, who is a big gun enthusiast and respects the power of firearms might agree.
The focus of course is on loss of life but when the smoke clears there is going to be families that want answers. Nothing would ever stop that man but ATF needs to address some devastated folks.
How did this looser.... get that much hard ware through madaline bay metal detectors 23 firearms......... I pray for the triage units that must cope with the 527 wounded, sad day in america....
was some discussion of this on various news channels. Las Vegas has numerous gun shows throughout the year with maybe one a week somewhere so it would NOT be unusual for a person "showing and selling" at the show to have 20 or so guns with them when checking into a hotel. they obviously would NOT want to leave them in their car or truck for security reasons
Quote Originally Posted by nature1970:
How did this looser.... get that much hard ware through madaline bay metal detectors 23 firearms......... I pray for the triage units that must cope with the 527 wounded, sad day in america....
was some discussion of this on various news channels. Las Vegas has numerous gun shows throughout the year with maybe one a week somewhere so it would NOT be unusual for a person "showing and selling" at the show to have 20 or so guns with them when checking into a hotel. they obviously would NOT want to leave them in their car or truck for security reasons