• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Just got my welfare check today!!!

    12 Next Last»
    TRAIN69
    rr207
    BWS77
    I_Need_A_Detox
    THEMUGG
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1990
    Posts: 30
    12 Next Last»
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55731
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2015 - 8:44 PM ET #1

    Just kidding.....I went to work as usual.

     

    You're welcome (you know who I'm referring to).

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Just kidding.....I went to work as usual.

     

    You're welcome (you know who I'm referring to).

     
    rr207
    rr207
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 3743
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2015 - 11:05 PM ET #2

    Can't you do both
    Reply
    Can't you do both
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55731
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2015 - 11:10 PM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by rr207:

    Can't you do both
    Maybe.....but why would you?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by rr207:

    Can't you do both
    Maybe.....but why would you?
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2015 - 11:20 PM ET #4

    Did you buy lobster tails and Newports?
    Reply
    Did you buy lobster tails and Newports?
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2015 - 12:11 AM ET #5

    I can't imagine living a life in which I was jealous of people receiving government assistance. I'm curious what kind of life a person lives that thinks like you. 

    What do you do for employment? 

    What's your salary? 

    Do you own a house? 

    Do you go on vacations? Where do you go? 

    Can you afford groceries? 
    Reply
    I can't imagine living a life in which I was jealous of people receiving government assistance. I'm curious what kind of life a person lives that thinks like you. 

    What do you do for employment? 

    What's your salary? 

    Do you own a house? 

    Do you go on vacations? Where do you go? 

    Can you afford groceries? 
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2015 - 4:12 AM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    I can't imagine living a life in which I was jealous of people receiving government assistance. I'm curious what kind of life a person lives that thinks like you. 

    What do you do for employment? 

    What's your salary? 

    Do you own a house? 

    Do you go on vacations? Where do you go? 

    Can you afford groceries? 
    I can't imagine that Train is jealous of you.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    I can't imagine living a life in which I was jealous of people receiving government assistance. I'm curious what kind of life a person lives that thinks like you. 

    What do you do for employment? 

    What's your salary? 

    Do you own a house? 

    Do you go on vacations? Where do you go? 

    Can you afford groceries? 
    I can't imagine that Train is jealous of you.
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2015 - 8:13 AM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    I can't imagine that Train is jealous of you.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    I can't imagine that Train is jealous of you.

     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55731
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2015 - 9:21 AM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    I can't imagine living a life in which I was jealous of people receiving government assistance. I'm curious what kind of life a person lives that thinks like you. 

    What do you do for employment? 

    What's your salary? 

    Do you own a house? 

    Do you go on vacations? Where do you go? 

    Can you afford groceries? 
    You're confusing jealousy with disgust.


    Common mistake for the reading comprehension impaired. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    I can't imagine living a life in which I was jealous of people receiving government assistance. I'm curious what kind of life a person lives that thinks like you. 

    What do you do for employment? 

    What's your salary? 

    Do you own a house? 

    Do you go on vacations? Where do you go? 

    Can you afford groceries? 
    You're confusing jealousy with disgust.


    Common mistake for the reading comprehension impaired. 
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55731
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2015 - 9:23 AM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    I can't imagine that Train is jealous of you.
    Hell yes Im jealous of Detox! Ignorance is bliss....

    I would love to be as happy as he must be. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    I can't imagine that Train is jealous of you.
    Hell yes Im jealous of Detox! Ignorance is bliss....

    I would love to be as happy as he must be. 
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2015 - 10:29 AM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    You're confusing jealousy with disgust.


    Common mistake for the reading comprehension impaired. 

    I knew you wouldn't answer the questions. 

    What are you disgusted about? 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    You're confusing jealousy with disgust.


    Common mistake for the reading comprehension impaired. 

    I knew you wouldn't answer the questions. 

    What are you disgusted about? 

     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2015 - 10:36 AM ET #11

    Would YOU answer those questions in a public forum?
    Reply
    Would YOU answer those questions in a public forum?
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2015 - 10:38 AM ET #12

    Knew you were wolffing.Everybody knows you don't get a check,you get a debit card and a cellphone.
    Reply
    Knew you were wolffing.Everybody knows you don't get a check,you get a debit card and a cellphone.
     
    howzuck
    howzuck
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2005
    Posts: 4705
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2015 - 12:40 PM ET #13

    Train, you don't need welfare.  Set up phone service, for $10 per call you can sell your daily 10 to 15 team parlays to the unsuspecting public.  If you need help setting this up, drop me a line......
    Reply
    Train, you don't need welfare.  Set up phone service, for $10 per call you can sell your daily 10 to 15 team parlays to the unsuspecting public.  If you need help setting this up, drop me a line......
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55731
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2015 - 6:27 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:


    I knew you wouldn't answer the questions. 

    What are you disgusted about? 

    Working 40 hours per week vs walking to the mailbox once or twice a month


    Not sure what yiu dont understand. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:


    I knew you wouldn't answer the questions. 

    What are you disgusted about? 

    Working 40 hours per week vs walking to the mailbox once or twice a month


    Not sure what yiu dont understand. 
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2015 - 7:20 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Working 40 hours per week vs walking to the mailbox once or twice a month

     

    You know, what ever happened to pride? Pride in making an honest day's pay for an honest day of work? Also, what happened to shame? Shame in the fact that you're a deadbeat loser sponging off the "system" that was originally put in place as a temporary crutch to get you back on your feet so you can get back in the game and be a productive member of society?

    Like someone said earlier, it's no longer a "check" that needs a store manager's approval, and in the meantime, you're holding up the line and everyone can clearly see what you're doing and you were only allowed to buy certain items like generic milk or eggs or sugar. And you felt that feeling of shame and wanted to do something to change it.

    Now, it's just like any credit/debit card, bing, bang, boom, and you're out the door. Thanks for my "Obamabucks" for Pepsi, Doritos, and Hot Pockets so's I can get back to playing Grand Theft Auto in my Grandma's basement.....

    man, this country is really gone to s#it...... 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Working 40 hours per week vs walking to the mailbox once or twice a month

     

    You know, what ever happened to pride? Pride in making an honest day's pay for an honest day of work? Also, what happened to shame? Shame in the fact that you're a deadbeat loser sponging off the "system" that was originally put in place as a temporary crutch to get you back on your feet so you can get back in the game and be a productive member of society?

    Like someone said earlier, it's no longer a "check" that needs a store manager's approval, and in the meantime, you're holding up the line and everyone can clearly see what you're doing and you were only allowed to buy certain items like generic milk or eggs or sugar. And you felt that feeling of shame and wanted to do something to change it.

    Now, it's just like any credit/debit card, bing, bang, boom, and you're out the door. Thanks for my "Obamabucks" for Pepsi, Doritos, and Hot Pockets so's I can get back to playing Grand Theft Auto in my Grandma's basement.....

    man, this country is really gone to s#it...... 

     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2015 - 7:24 PM ET #16

    Train - of course, just so you know, I didn't mean you I meant this entitled generation of slackers that are sucking the system dry. I don't want you eating my liver with fava beans and a nice chianti.....
    Reply
    Train - of course, just so you know, I didn't mean you I meant this entitled generation of slackers that are sucking the system dry. I don't want you eating my liver with fava beans and a nice chianti.....
     
    Dsn150
    Dsn150
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 11794
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2015 - 8:03 PM ET #17

    Well-
    The days of people taking care of their own business and not asking for handouts has long passed-
    I can't recall anyone ever giving me a damned thing- nor would I want it-
    It means that I don't always get to everything I want- but my kids never do without- will graduate college debt free- and I can look at myself in the mirror knowing I handle my sh!t....

    I've actually always wondered how it would feel to get something for doing absolutely nothing besides simply existing- I have to believe that's a pretty shameful feeling- maybe not....maybe it's a feeling of getting one over on the "system"- I guess that makes me part of the "system"-
    Reply
    Well-
    The days of people taking care of their own business and not asking for handouts has long passed-
    I can't recall anyone ever giving me a damned thing- nor would I want it-
    It means that I don't always get to everything I want- but my kids never do without- will graduate college debt free- and I can look at myself in the mirror knowing I handle my sh!t....

    I've actually always wondered how it would feel to get something for doing absolutely nothing besides simply existing- I have to believe that's a pretty shameful feeling- maybe not....maybe it's a feeling of getting one over on the "system"- I guess that makes me part of the "system"-
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2015 - 8:17 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

    You know, what ever happened to pride? Pride in making an honest day's pay for an honest day of work? Also, what happened to shame? Shame in the fact that you're a deadbeat loser sponging off the "system" that was originally put in place as a temporary crutch to get you back on your feet so you can get back in the game and be a productive member of society?

    Like someone said earlier, it's no longer a "check" that needs a store manager's approval, and in the meantime, you're holding up the line and everyone can clearly see what you're doing and you were only allowed to buy certain items like generic milk or eggs or sugar. And you felt that feeling of shame and wanted to do something to change it.

    Now, it's just like any credit/debit card, bing, bang, boom, and you're out the door. Thanks for my "Obamabucks" for Pepsi, Doritos, and Hot Pockets so's I can get back to playing Grand Theft Auto in my Grandma's basement.....

    man, this country is really gone to s#it...... 


    Good post...   

    First off, when these entitled kids get their degree from any of the diploma factories (aka Colleges) they think that they should step right into a high paying job with a fancy title and a corner office.   Also, they think that learning a trade is beneath them and that kind of work is only for dropouts or dummies.  An honest day's work?   Not for any of these kids.   

      Once they realize that their dream of the diploma getting the job and the car and the girl isn't going to pan out, what do you think they will do?   Working with their hands is beneath them, so why not take the easy way out?  They piled up debt from student loans so it's easier to save living at home and collecting free money.   Now there are plenty who do try hard and work multiple jobs to try and get to where they want to be, but those are a dying breed unfortunately.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

    You know, what ever happened to pride? Pride in making an honest day's pay for an honest day of work? Also, what happened to shame? Shame in the fact that you're a deadbeat loser sponging off the "system" that was originally put in place as a temporary crutch to get you back on your feet so you can get back in the game and be a productive member of society?

    Like someone said earlier, it's no longer a "check" that needs a store manager's approval, and in the meantime, you're holding up the line and everyone can clearly see what you're doing and you were only allowed to buy certain items like generic milk or eggs or sugar. And you felt that feeling of shame and wanted to do something to change it.

    Now, it's just like any credit/debit card, bing, bang, boom, and you're out the door. Thanks for my "Obamabucks" for Pepsi, Doritos, and Hot Pockets so's I can get back to playing Grand Theft Auto in my Grandma's basement.....

    man, this country is really gone to s#it...... 


    Good post...   

    First off, when these entitled kids get their degree from any of the diploma factories (aka Colleges) they think that they should step right into a high paying job with a fancy title and a corner office.   Also, they think that learning a trade is beneath them and that kind of work is only for dropouts or dummies.  An honest day's work?   Not for any of these kids.   

      Once they realize that their dream of the diploma getting the job and the car and the girl isn't going to pan out, what do you think they will do?   Working with their hands is beneath them, so why not take the easy way out?  They piled up debt from student loans so it's easier to save living at home and collecting free money.   Now there are plenty who do try hard and work multiple jobs to try and get to where they want to be, but those are a dying breed unfortunately.  
     
    Dsn150
    Dsn150
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 11794
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2015 - 8:24 PM ET #19

    That all depends on their major/degree....
    Some are useless- some are quite valuable....
    Reply
    That all depends on their major/degree....
    Some are useless- some are quite valuable....
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2015 - 9:27 PM ET #20



    Just a reminder, because apparently there are some very naive citizens in this Forum, Personal Welfare is a drop in the bucket compared to Corporate Welfare.


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply


    Just a reminder, because apparently there are some very naive citizens in this Forum, Personal Welfare is a drop in the bucket compared to Corporate Welfare.


     
    1129ken
    1129ken
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 2674
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2015 - 9:44 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Dsn150:

    Well-
    The days of people taking care of their own business and not asking for handouts has long passed-
    I can't recall anyone ever giving me a damned thing- nor would I want it-
    It means that I don't always get to everything I want- but my kids never do without- will graduate college debt free- and I can look at myself in the mirror knowing I handle my sh!t....

    I've actually always wondered how it would feel to get something for doing absolutely nothing besides simply existing- I have to believe that's a pretty shameful feeling- maybe not....maybe it's a feeling of getting one over on the "system"- I guess that makes me part of the "system"-




    There are a frightening number of people who think you're a sucker if you go to work rather than letting the idiots who are willing to pay you, pay you for doing nothing.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsn150:

    Well-
    The days of people taking care of their own business and not asking for handouts has long passed-
    I can't recall anyone ever giving me a damned thing- nor would I want it-
    It means that I don't always get to everything I want- but my kids never do without- will graduate college debt free- and I can look at myself in the mirror knowing I handle my sh!t....

    I've actually always wondered how it would feel to get something for doing absolutely nothing besides simply existing- I have to believe that's a pretty shameful feeling- maybe not....maybe it's a feeling of getting one over on the "system"- I guess that makes me part of the "system"-




    There are a frightening number of people who think you're a sucker if you go to work rather than letting the idiots who are willing to pay you, pay you for doing nothing.
     
    bizkilla
    bizkilla
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 1725
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2015 - 10:22 PM ET #22

    Anytime you need to change over your EBT for cash I pay 60%

    Reply
    Anytime you need to change over your EBT for cash I pay 60%

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2015 - 11:12 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by 1129ken:





    There are a frightening number of people who think you're a sucker if you go to work rather than letting the idiots who are willing to pay you, pay you for doing nothing.

    I don't know one person that thinks you're a sucker if you go to work. I guess you run in different circles than I do. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 1129ken:





    There are a frightening number of people who think you're a sucker if you go to work rather than letting the idiots who are willing to pay you, pay you for doing nothing.

    I don't know one person that thinks you're a sucker if you go to work. I guess you run in different circles than I do. 
     
    1129ken
    1129ken
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 2674
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2015 - 11:19 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:


    I don't know one person that thinks you're a sucker if you go to work. I guess you run in different circles than I do. 



    That's undoubtedly true, even if it's for no reason other than the fact that, unlike you, I don't run in circles.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:


    I don't know one person that thinks you're a sucker if you go to work. I guess you run in different circles than I do. 



    That's undoubtedly true, even if it's for no reason other than the fact that, unlike you, I don't run in circles.
     
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2015 - 11:21 PM ET #25


    If a Corporation sukks off the system and uses every loophole available then they are considered smart businessmen.

    If an individual needs legitimate help they are considered slackers.

    Thank you Corporate Media for brainwashing the public with this hogwash.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    If a Corporation sukks off the system and uses every loophole available then they are considered smart businessmen.

    If an individual needs legitimate help they are considered slackers.

    Thank you Corporate Media for brainwashing the public with this hogwash.
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,357
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,908
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 437
    • PART DEUX 166
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 851
    • Week 6 Money 8,698
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,327
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,266

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.