Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:
You think bad behavior is due to environment
Actually, I KNOW that bad behavior is more a result of ones environment than any other factor. I was not raised to believe this, but life experience has taught me this.
If you listened to the voices of the 2 knuckleheads in the video I posted, without looking at the picture, you would be quick to assume that they were both black. When in actuality, what they have in common is not skin color, but being raised in the same environment.
I live in an affluent neighborhood. There are only a handful of black families here. Without exception, the few minorities who live in my town are well educated, well spoken, and well behaved. Their "blackness" has no bearing on the way they act.
I have made a living for over 30 years working in the poorest of neighborhoods that New York and Connecticut have to offer. Many of these neighborhoods are comprised of mostly blacks, but there are also white people, as well as hispanics there. Do you think that the white folk behave better than the blacks in these 'hoods'? With over 30 years of experience I can emphatically tell you that a persons skin color has absolutely nothing to do with behavior. Anyone born into that kind of environment has a great chance of carrying themselves in a manner that will offend those who are born into better situations.
There are exceptions, but I am speaking of the majority.
The color of a persons skin has absolutely no bearing on their behavior.
To think otherwise is beyond stupid.
This is not my opinion, this is fact.
I will add that I am not a 'white-apologist'.
I do not support the "black lives matter" movement.
I do not believe in affirmative action.
I do not believe that any amount of additional handouts (welfare) will help the issues.
I do not agree with those, such as scalabrine, who think that everything is the white mans fault.
Speaking of scalabrine and the ilk, it is my opinion that they do more harm than good with the manner they argue race issues. Inciting and insulting people who have a different opinion than yours does nothing but push that person further away from seeing what you want them to.
Anyway, that's my 2 cents, take it however you may
