• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    I need some advise

    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
    thecentaur
    searchwarrant
    mafioso
    steve1203
    1129ken
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2346
    Posts: 62
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2016 - 9:29 PM ET #26

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Bail jumping isn't like the movies. She surrenders her passport, is property of the Federal Govt, anybody that helps her becomes an instant accomplice to felony flight, etc etc...Marshals pick up jumpers every day in Mexico....
    I dunno this kid but it's a convenient excuse to not pay them 10k or help anybody in any way that's in a serious jam.

    King Scorpio up top has this dude pegged. 
    He's looking for everybody to confirm what he knows is the wrong thing to do.  
    Yeah you could be right, and with a name like "searchwarrant" I'm sure you know a lot more about this bail jumping stuff than I do 

    To be fair to the OP though, he isn't trying to keep the money, he want's to give it to a sister and her kids he hardly ever sees or talks to.  I am kind of emotionally involved here too because I have been around people preying on my father's generosity most of my life, and like the OP who is now getting phone calls for bail and collateral for some business start up, being around these mooches has a huge negative effect on your life.

    What's the bail amount?  Maybe bail her out and tell them to get lost


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Bail jumping isn't like the movies. She surrenders her passport, is property of the Federal Govt, anybody that helps her becomes an instant accomplice to felony flight, etc etc...Marshals pick up jumpers every day in Mexico....
    I dunno this kid but it's a convenient excuse to not pay them 10k or help anybody in any way that's in a serious jam.

    King Scorpio up top has this dude pegged. 
    He's looking for everybody to confirm what he knows is the wrong thing to do.  
    Yeah you could be right, and with a name like "searchwarrant" I'm sure you know a lot more about this bail jumping stuff than I do 

    To be fair to the OP though, he isn't trying to keep the money, he want's to give it to a sister and her kids he hardly ever sees or talks to.  I am kind of emotionally involved here too because I have been around people preying on my father's generosity most of my life, and like the OP who is now getting phone calls for bail and collateral for some business start up, being around these mooches has a huge negative effect on your life.

    What's the bail amount?  Maybe bail her out and tell them to get lost


     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2016 - 9:49 PM ET #27

    cent, I get it buddy. I've been executor too all of the passed family members in my family and I have seen the same things you have. Greed, anger, dishonesty, you name it...

    Starters his father had no will, yet he's cleared to sell and distribute 560k in real estate and cash? 
    Ummmmmmm....good luck with that.. 
    Reply
    cent, I get it buddy. I've been executor too all of the passed family members in my family and I have seen the same things you have. Greed, anger, dishonesty, you name it...

    Starters his father had no will, yet he's cleared to sell and distribute 560k in real estate and cash? 
    Ummmmmmm....good luck with that.. 
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2016 - 11:19 PM ET #28

    Not going to risk my business or my house to get her out of jail.

    Been thinking it over
    When she gets out of prison
    I'll give her the money.
    If I give it when my father's estate clears probate I'm wasting it.

    Still would rather give it to my sister's kids

    They are outstanding kids who are attending college and would never put themselves into such a miserable situation.

    They have fleeced my father
    I'm not emotionally invested in these users.

    I paid her registration last month because my dad would do things like that.

    Now I feel terrible for doing it
    Reply
    Not going to risk my business or my house to get her out of jail.

    Been thinking it over
    When she gets out of prison
    I'll give her the money.
    If I give it when my father's estate clears probate I'm wasting it.

    Still would rather give it to my sister's kids

    They are outstanding kids who are attending college and would never put themselves into such a miserable situation.

    They have fleeced my father
    I'm not emotionally invested in these users.

    I paid her registration last month because my dad would do things like that.

    Now I feel terrible for doing it
     
    steve1203
    steve1203
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 335
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2016 - 11:37 PM ET #29

    You're paying someone else's registration?
    What??
    Looks like this chick and her family has got you good.
    You need to cut this off now.
    No more money. No more help. Don't ever call me again.
    Focus on yourself and your family.
    Don't have any more contact with this chick.
    She's probably messing with some iffy guys and you don't want these guys near you or your family.
    Shut it down.
    Reply
    You're paying someone else's registration?
    What??
    Looks like this chick and her family has got you good.
    You need to cut this off now.
    No more money. No more help. Don't ever call me again.
    Focus on yourself and your family.
    Don't have any more contact with this chick.
    She's probably messing with some iffy guys and you don't want these guys near you or your family.
    Shut it down.
     
    1129ken
    1129ken
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 2674
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2016 - 11:44 PM ET #30

    Don't give money to dirtbag scum killing Americans by profiting from the drug trade. Thousands of Americans die every day because of these parasites. Give the money to an opioid rehab center or do something else constructive with it. I'd burn it before I'd give it to such scum.
    Reply
    Don't give money to dirtbag scum killing Americans by profiting from the drug trade. Thousands of Americans die every day because of these parasites. Give the money to an opioid rehab center or do something else constructive with it. I'd burn it before I'd give it to such scum.
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2016 - 12:13 AM ET #31

    Quote Originally Posted by mafioso:

    Not going to risk my business or my house to get her out of jail.

    Been thinking it over
    When she gets out of prison
    I'll give her the money.
    If I give it when my father's estate clears probate I'm wasting it.

    Still would rather give it to my sister's kids

    They are outstanding kids who are attending college and would never put themselves into such a miserable situation.

    They have fleeced my father
    I'm not emotionally invested in these users.

    I paid her registration last month because my dad would do things like that.

    Now I feel terrible for doing it

    Doing the right thing man.
    Wild guess but I'm thinking your father would set some conditions upon her as of right now. 
    Cooperation 100% with front end and rollover in the states. DEA/CBP if that's still even a possibility for a plea.. 

    10k gift can go toward her bonding out. She would then forfeit the 10k in a legal contract you have amended with probate.

    Bottom line, sit her down and have a serious come to jesus. She's definitely scared out of her mind. I've seen the young ones literally vomit and pass out when caught. Not pleasant for anybody.
    Good luck. It'll be fine..

    Fire extinguisher compartment.  Please tell me she rolled over names on the sob's that convinced her that would float.






    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mafioso:

    Not going to risk my business or my house to get her out of jail.

    Been thinking it over
    When she gets out of prison
    I'll give her the money.
    If I give it when my father's estate clears probate I'm wasting it.

    Still would rather give it to my sister's kids

    They are outstanding kids who are attending college and would never put themselves into such a miserable situation.

    They have fleeced my father
    I'm not emotionally invested in these users.

    I paid her registration last month because my dad would do things like that.

    Now I feel terrible for doing it

    Doing the right thing man.
    Wild guess but I'm thinking your father would set some conditions upon her as of right now. 
    Cooperation 100% with front end and rollover in the states. DEA/CBP if that's still even a possibility for a plea.. 

    10k gift can go toward her bonding out. She would then forfeit the 10k in a legal contract you have amended with probate.

    Bottom line, sit her down and have a serious come to jesus. She's definitely scared out of her mind. I've seen the young ones literally vomit and pass out when caught. Not pleasant for anybody.
    Good luck. It'll be fine..

    Fire extinguisher compartment.  Please tell me she rolled over names on the sob's that convinced her that would float.






     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2016 - 12:18 AM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by 1129ken:

    Don't give money to dirtbag scum killing Americans by profiting from the drug trade. Thousands of Americans die every day because of these parasites. Give the money to an opioid rehab center or do something else constructive with it. I'd burn it before I'd give it to such scum.

    They die everyday because of the choices they are making about drug use. Has nothing to do with delivery, everything to do with appetite. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 1129ken:

    Don't give money to dirtbag scum killing Americans by profiting from the drug trade. Thousands of Americans die every day because of these parasites. Give the money to an opioid rehab center or do something else constructive with it. I'd burn it before I'd give it to such scum.

    They die everyday because of the choices they are making about drug use. Has nothing to do with delivery, everything to do with appetite. 
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2016 - 12:27 AM ET #33

    I told her mom the only way she will get out of this mess with little time is to roll over on whoever convinced her to do this
    Reply
    I told her mom the only way she will get out of this mess with little time is to roll over on whoever convinced her to do this
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2016 - 1:04 AM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by mafioso:

    I told her mom the only way she will get out of this mess with little time is to roll over on whoever convinced her to do this

    yup. I hope there's still a deal for her that's of interest to Feds.
    extended probation and no jail if she leads them to players. 
    I wish the best for you. Good things are going to come from this despite the difficult times. She'll do minimum 2.5 if she doesn't talk - you tell her to talk - in person. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mafioso:

    I told her mom the only way she will get out of this mess with little time is to roll over on whoever convinced her to do this

    yup. I hope there's still a deal for her that's of interest to Feds.
    extended probation and no jail if she leads them to players. 
    I wish the best for you. Good things are going to come from this despite the difficult times. She'll do minimum 2.5 if she doesn't talk - you tell her to talk - in person. 
     
    oldscho0led
    oldscho0led
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 289
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2016 - 1:04 AM ET #35

    Who says there's an answer? You steer the ship the best way you know.

    - Corrado "Junior" Soprano
    Reply
    Who says there's an answer? You steer the ship the best way you know.

    - Corrado "Junior" Soprano
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55731
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2016 - 1:27 AM ET #36

    Quote Originally Posted by KingScorpio:

    Do what your dad said.
    You are not the judge in life.
    You shouldn't get any money from the sale of the house because you can't follow his orders.
    You're a typical selfish scumbag.
    Maybe you can take away your sisters share to if you look hard enough.
    .....this coming from the biggest loser on covers. Ever.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by KingScorpio:

    Do what your dad said.
    You are not the judge in life.
    You shouldn't get any money from the sale of the house because you can't follow his orders.
    You're a typical selfish scumbag.
    Maybe you can take away your sisters share to if you look hard enough.
    .....this coming from the biggest loser on covers. Ever.
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55731
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2016 - 1:35 AM ET #37

    Also, now that shes a known drug offender.....you giving her 10K might look like a drug deal.

    Simply not worth the risk. 
    Reply
    Also, now that shes a known drug offender.....you giving her 10K might look like a drug deal.

    Simply not worth the risk. 
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2016 - 1:39 AM ET #38

    Scorpio is an imbecile.
    Bitter f*ckhead.
    My dad was a huge part of my life.
    He raised me took care of me and when he got sick. I did the same.
    Saying that I would dishonor him in anyway are words that can only be posted here.
    As if he was ever brash or stupid enough to say such ridiculous things to me live and in the flesh.
    I would rearange every bone in his face.

    Real easy to sit behind a keyboard and take swipes at someone who still mourns the loss of his father.
    You lowlife piece of sh-t
    Reply
    Scorpio is an imbecile.
    Bitter f*ckhead.
    My dad was a huge part of my life.
    He raised me took care of me and when he got sick. I did the same.
    Saying that I would dishonor him in anyway are words that can only be posted here.
    As if he was ever brash or stupid enough to say such ridiculous things to me live and in the flesh.
    I would rearange every bone in his face.

    Real easy to sit behind a keyboard and take swipes at someone who still mourns the loss of his father.
    You lowlife piece of sh-t
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2016 - 1:52 AM ET #39

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Also, now that shes a known drug offender.....you giving her 10K might look like a drug deal.

    Simply not worth the risk. 

    C'mooon man really?. Nobody can hand her a dollar without 11 signatures from law enforcement and federal authorization. She is in U.S FEDERAL CUSTODY. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Also, now that shes a known drug offender.....you giving her 10K might look like a drug deal.

    Simply not worth the risk. 

    C'mooon man really?. Nobody can hand her a dollar without 11 signatures from law enforcement and federal authorization. She is in U.S FEDERAL CUSTODY. 
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55731
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2016 - 1:57 AM ET #40

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:


    C'mooon man really?. Nobody can hand her a dollar without 11 signatures from law enforcement and federal authorization. She is in U.S FEDERAL CUSTODY. 
    I get that part, I'm talking in any aspect, way, shape or form of giving her 10K.....

    Gonna raise an eyebrow. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:


    C'mooon man really?. Nobody can hand her a dollar without 11 signatures from law enforcement and federal authorization. She is in U.S FEDERAL CUSTODY. 
    I get that part, I'm talking in any aspect, way, shape or form of giving her 10K.....

    Gonna raise an eyebrow. 
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2016 - 2:45 AM ET #41

    I took a real interest in this thread like a lot of you guys. Ive lost my dad, lost many loved ones. Just sensed there was real deep down pain coming from the op. I know how it feels. Your dad is gone, you're missing him all over again and revisiting the first stages of his passing.
    Now it's all resurfacing after this young lady has violated the trust you and your pop gave her. I get it, absorb it because I've been there and still am there. 
    Take your time, relax, think, scream, be angry, cry.. and do the best you can to think about how your dad would have managed this situation. 
    He will help you. 
    Out.

    Reply
    I took a real interest in this thread like a lot of you guys. Ive lost my dad, lost many loved ones. Just sensed there was real deep down pain coming from the op. I know how it feels. Your dad is gone, you're missing him all over again and revisiting the first stages of his passing.
    Now it's all resurfacing after this young lady has violated the trust you and your pop gave her. I get it, absorb it because I've been there and still am there. 
    Take your time, relax, think, scream, be angry, cry.. and do the best you can to think about how your dad would have managed this situation. 
    He will help you. 
    Out.

     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2016 - 5:12 AM ET #42

    Thats what Iv been trying to do.

    My cousin is right
    My dad would have flipped  cried and been dissapointed
    Would have flew off the roof telling her mom how he is done with her and then he would think about her as a baby and how he raised her and he would have done something for her.
    I have my cousin as her criminal defense attorney
    He owes me some favors so he is not charging her mom more than 5k

    then we go from there 
    This is all over the san diego union tribune and other news channels.

    Just pissed how the car that is still in my fathers name was used for something like this.

    Its like tarnishing his good name
    Reply
    Thats what Iv been trying to do.

    My cousin is right
    My dad would have flipped  cried and been dissapointed
    Would have flew off the roof telling her mom how he is done with her and then he would think about her as a baby and how he raised her and he would have done something for her.
    I have my cousin as her criminal defense attorney
    He owes me some favors so he is not charging her mom more than 5k

    then we go from there 
    This is all over the san diego union tribune and other news channels.

    Just pissed how the car that is still in my fathers name was used for something like this.

    Its like tarnishing his good name
     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2016 - 7:28 AM ET #43

    give her the 10k to respect your dads final wishes..she can use it for legal fee's and bond money, let them worry about surities for the bond..it surely isn't your responsability..also check out the car, it was in your fathers name, not hers, which makes it legal and binding to the actual owner..very difficult to seize regardless of the circumstances, the car was not in her name during the commission of a felony...the bottom line; "honor your father"

    I'm sure in the end you'll do the right thing...

    take care my brother

    Reply

    give her the 10k to respect your dads final wishes..she can use it for legal fee's and bond money, let them worry about surities for the bond..it surely isn't your responsability..also check out the car, it was in your fathers name, not hers, which makes it legal and binding to the actual owner..very difficult to seize regardless of the circumstances, the car was not in her name during the commission of a felony...the bottom line; "honor your father"

    I'm sure in the end you'll do the right thing...

    take care my brother

     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2016 - 3:44 PM ET #44

    Clicked on the San Diego Tribune and there was a picture of the Coke(6.8 lb) $82,000 worth.
    Sorry that your Father passed and that he left no will. (Intestate)
    If there is no spouse,California Probate dictates exactly what is to be done with the estate and how it is to be divided.All his money and property will be divided among his issue according to formula of the court. Unless your father adopted this girl,she has no standing before the court in regards to this estate.Your father could have told you that he wanted to donate all his $ to Rev Sun Yung Moon but unless he wrote it down-too bad.
      There is no way that the probate court or you could justify giving this girl 10k in the distribution of the estate because in the formula of beneficaries,she doesn't exist.
        You have sort of played this story but what you do with your share of the estate is your business.
    Reply
    Clicked on the San Diego Tribune and there was a picture of the Coke(6.8 lb) $82,000 worth.
    Sorry that your Father passed and that he left no will. (Intestate)
    If there is no spouse,California Probate dictates exactly what is to be done with the estate and how it is to be divided.All his money and property will be divided among his issue according to formula of the court. Unless your father adopted this girl,she has no standing before the court in regards to this estate.Your father could have told you that he wanted to donate all his $ to Rev Sun Yung Moon but unless he wrote it down-too bad.
      There is no way that the probate court or you could justify giving this girl 10k in the distribution of the estate because in the formula of beneficaries,she doesn't exist.
        You have sort of played this story but what you do with your share of the estate is your business.
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2016 - 4:17 PM ET #45

    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    Clicked on the San Diego Tribune and there was a picture of the Coke(6.8 lb) $82,000 worth.
    Sorry that your Father passed and that he left no will. (Intestate)
    If there is no spouse,California Probate dictates exactly what is to be done with the estate and how it is to be divided.All his money and property will be divided among his issue according to formula of the court. Unless your father adopted this girl,she has no standing before the court in regards to this estate.Your father could have told you that he wanted to donate all his $ to Rev Sun Yung Moon but unless he wrote it down-too bad.
      There is no way that the probate court or you could justify giving this girl 10k in the distribution of the estate because in the formula of beneficaries,she doesn't exist.
        You have sort of played this story but what you do with your share of the estate is your business.

    Hey 66, I have one question. The state of South Carolina requires executors to place an 8 month notice to all creditors as you know all about ( credit card and medical bills outstanding) in order to satisfy the probate requirements. Do those creditors have much leverage in collecting? Thanks much.  The beneficiaries never want to pay them as you also know.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    Clicked on the San Diego Tribune and there was a picture of the Coke(6.8 lb) $82,000 worth.
    Sorry that your Father passed and that he left no will. (Intestate)
    If there is no spouse,California Probate dictates exactly what is to be done with the estate and how it is to be divided.All his money and property will be divided among his issue according to formula of the court. Unless your father adopted this girl,she has no standing before the court in regards to this estate.Your father could have told you that he wanted to donate all his $ to Rev Sun Yung Moon but unless he wrote it down-too bad.
      There is no way that the probate court or you could justify giving this girl 10k in the distribution of the estate because in the formula of beneficaries,she doesn't exist.
        You have sort of played this story but what you do with your share of the estate is your business.

    Hey 66, I have one question. The state of South Carolina requires executors to place an 8 month notice to all creditors as you know all about ( credit card and medical bills outstanding) in order to satisfy the probate requirements. Do those creditors have much leverage in collecting? Thanks much.  The beneficiaries never want to pay them as you also know.
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2016 - 4:56 PM ET #46

    It's not a legal obligation Les

    It's a moral one
    Reply
    It's not a legal obligation Les

    It's a moral one
     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2016 - 5:00 PM ET #47

    Ok I will address the 1000 lb gorilla in the room...

    What does this chica look like?
    Reply
    Ok I will address the 1000 lb gorilla in the room...

    What does this chica look like?
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2016 - 5:00 PM ET #48

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:


    Hey 66, I have one question. The state of South Carolina requires executors to place an 8 month notice to all creditors as you know all about ( credit card and medical bills outstanding) in order to satisfy the probate requirements. Do those creditors have much leverage in collecting? Thanks much.  The beneficiaries never want to pay them as you also know.
    In NY,it's 7 months but the creditors have the leverage of the Probate Court because the executor is in reality an officer of the Court and before he can pay beneficiaries he must show the Court that all claims on the estate have been resolved.Again an executor is held to a higher standard and can be slapped hard if he tries to fudge.
    I'm a Paralegal, but I'm very invested in EstateLaw because when my Father passed my sister was made executor of the will.Now an executor in NY cannot be a beneficiary of the will but in her case an inaction on her part would have enriched her son/herself.She also didn't makr total liquidation of his assets that also would have enriched her.After some investigation on my part and my discovery I gave her 3 options.She could resolve all accounts to the fullest,she could carry on and I would lawyer up and body slam her in Probate Court,or she could carry on and I would exact my payment at my pleasure.I hoped she would give me the option of the third but she chickened and I have not spoke 1 word to her in 11 years.
    I think Mafiosio may have embellished this story but these family matters and $$$$ always bring out the 3 Motivations of Man....Ego,Fear,Greed.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:


    Hey 66, I have one question. The state of South Carolina requires executors to place an 8 month notice to all creditors as you know all about ( credit card and medical bills outstanding) in order to satisfy the probate requirements. Do those creditors have much leverage in collecting? Thanks much.  The beneficiaries never want to pay them as you also know.
    In NY,it's 7 months but the creditors have the leverage of the Probate Court because the executor is in reality an officer of the Court and before he can pay beneficiaries he must show the Court that all claims on the estate have been resolved.Again an executor is held to a higher standard and can be slapped hard if he tries to fudge.
    I'm a Paralegal, but I'm very invested in EstateLaw because when my Father passed my sister was made executor of the will.Now an executor in NY cannot be a beneficiary of the will but in her case an inaction on her part would have enriched her son/herself.She also didn't makr total liquidation of his assets that also would have enriched her.After some investigation on my part and my discovery I gave her 3 options.She could resolve all accounts to the fullest,she could carry on and I would lawyer up and body slam her in Probate Court,or she could carry on and I would exact my payment at my pleasure.I hoped she would give me the option of the third but she chickened and I have not spoke 1 word to her in 11 years.
    I think Mafiosio may have embellished this story but these family matters and $$$$ always bring out the 3 Motivations of Man....Ego,Fear,Greed.
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2016 - 7:42 PM ET #49

    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:

    Ok I will address the 1000 lb gorilla in the room...

    What does this chica look like?


    Cent, you're hilarious.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:

    Ok I will address the 1000 lb gorilla in the room...

    What does this chica look like?


    Cent, you're hilarious.
     
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 28, 2016 - 7:46 PM ET #50

    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    In NY,it's 7 months but the creditors have the leverage of the Probate Court because the executor is in reality an officer of the Court and before he can pay beneficiaries he must show the Court that all claims on the estate have been resolved.Again an executor is held to a higher standard and can be slapped hard if he tries to fudge.
    I'm a Paralegal, but I'm very invested in EstateLaw because when my Father passed my sister was made executor of the will.Now an executor in NY cannot be a beneficiary of the will but in her case an inaction on her part would have enriched her son/herself.She also didn't makr total liquidation of his assets that also would have enriched her.After some investigation on my part and my discovery I gave her 3 options.She could resolve all accounts to the fullest,she could carry on and I would lawyer up and body slam her in Probate Court,or she could carry on and I would exact my payment at my pleasure.I hoped she would give me the option of the third but she chickened and I have not spoke 1 word to her in 11 years.
    I think Mafiosio may have embellished this story but these family matters and $$$$ always bring out the 3 Motivations of Man....Ego,Fear,Greed.

    Greatly appreciated response 66, I'm sorry you had to go through that. I've seen the 3 motivations of man as well. Breaks families apart. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    In NY,it's 7 months but the creditors have the leverage of the Probate Court because the executor is in reality an officer of the Court and before he can pay beneficiaries he must show the Court that all claims on the estate have been resolved.Again an executor is held to a higher standard and can be slapped hard if he tries to fudge.
    I'm a Paralegal, but I'm very invested in EstateLaw because when my Father passed my sister was made executor of the will.Now an executor in NY cannot be a beneficiary of the will but in her case an inaction on her part would have enriched her son/herself.She also didn't makr total liquidation of his assets that also would have enriched her.After some investigation on my part and my discovery I gave her 3 options.She could resolve all accounts to the fullest,she could carry on and I would lawyer up and body slam her in Probate Court,or she could carry on and I would exact my payment at my pleasure.I hoped she would give me the option of the third but she chickened and I have not spoke 1 word to her in 11 years.
    I think Mafiosio may have embellished this story but these family matters and $$$$ always bring out the 3 Motivations of Man....Ego,Fear,Greed.

    Greatly appreciated response 66, I'm sorry you had to go through that. I've seen the 3 motivations of man as well. Breaks families apart. 
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,354
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 435
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,886
    • PART DEUX 148
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 842
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,853
    • Week 6 Money 8,304
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,222
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,230

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.