• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Darkest place you've endured following gambling losses.

    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
    SportsFan9698
    bizkilla
    searchwarrant
    dl36
    MoneyGone
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 4982
    Posts: 64
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Jan. 29, 2016 - 10:41 AM ET #26

    I have considered killing myself when I lost everything... so glad I did not have the balls to do it.  I doubled down and learned to win.  I do think you have to lose really bad to learn to win.  You need to throw out everything you have learned, everything you were doing and start fresh.  It worked for me
    Reply
    I have considered killing myself when I lost everything... so glad I did not have the balls to do it.  I doubled down and learned to win.  I do think you have to lose really bad to learn to win.  You need to throw out everything you have learned, everything you were doing and start fresh.  It worked for me
     
    bizkilla
    bizkilla
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 1725
    Posted: Jan. 29, 2016 - 11:36 PM ET #27

    Suicide watch 
    Reply
    Suicide watch 
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jan. 30, 2016 - 1:47 AM ET #28

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:

    I have considered killing myself when I lost everything... so glad I did not have the balls to do it.  I doubled down and learned to win.  I do think you have to lose really bad to learn to win.  You need to throw out everything you have learned, everything you were doing and start fresh.  It worked for me

    Somebody finally said it. 
    We all have been through those thoughts. 
    A great legend poster once said here in Covers, the junkies can have a seat at the kiddy table compared to degenerate gamblers. 
    Never forget that post. 100% true.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:

    I have considered killing myself when I lost everything... so glad I did not have the balls to do it.  I doubled down and learned to win.  I do think you have to lose really bad to learn to win.  You need to throw out everything you have learned, everything you were doing and start fresh.  It worked for me

    Somebody finally said it. 
    We all have been through those thoughts. 
    A great legend poster once said here in Covers, the junkies can have a seat at the kiddy table compared to degenerate gamblers. 
    Never forget that post. 100% true.
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Jan. 30, 2016 - 2:04 AM ET #29

    Quote Originally Posted by bizkilla:

    Suicide watch 

    Good call,  he's been reeling hardcore lately 

    Yeah he's had a rough week getting completely owned in the box this week.  He's been all over the site in multiple threads on multiple forums because he's been over the deep end. 

    Hopefully things look up for him 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bizkilla:

    Suicide watch 

    Good call,  he's been reeling hardcore lately 

    Yeah he's had a rough week getting completely owned in the box this week.  He's been all over the site in multiple threads on multiple forums because he's been over the deep end. 

    Hopefully things look up for him 
     
    MoneyGone
    MoneyGone
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2015
    Posts: 26
    Posted: Jan. 30, 2016 - 1:46 PM ET #30

    I bought a LOT of Twitter stock at $50 last year. It's currently hovering around $16 now ...

    I'll check in this time next year and give a report of how it played out ... that's if I can still afford internet service.
    Reply
    I bought a LOT of Twitter stock at $50 last year. It's currently hovering around $16 now ...

    I'll check in this time next year and give a report of how it played out ... that's if I can still afford internet service.
     
    jaggermik
    jaggermik
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 95
    Posted: Jan. 30, 2016 - 3:20 PM ET #31

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:


    Yup, roger that. Being around other humans is not of interest. 
    Prepare for hell when we go all in. 

    That's it right there.  When I have a disgusting amount of money on a game or all in, I don't want anybody near me.  God help anybody near me or any object near me after a devastating loss, cause there's all sorts of different juices flowing through my head and I'm not my normal self.

    Studies have been done on gamblers during a wager they are watching and their brain activity resembles that of a person on hrd drugs.  Make no mistake, just like crack or anything else, gambling changes your brain at least temporarily. 

    After a huge win especially a come back win, I'm so jacked up I feel as if somebody shot me, the bullet would bounce right off my chest.  After a bad loss, especially a moose, well...some dark places and thoughts.

    Let's be real, we have all been there.  We love the high.

    Most of you young ones, you will regret that day you win that first big bet, or place your first winning bet, you'll be chasing and trying to recreate that first high for the rest of your life...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:


    Yup, roger that. Being around other humans is not of interest. 
    Prepare for hell when we go all in. 

    That's it right there.  When I have a disgusting amount of money on a game or all in, I don't want anybody near me.  God help anybody near me or any object near me after a devastating loss, cause there's all sorts of different juices flowing through my head and I'm not my normal self.

    Studies have been done on gamblers during a wager they are watching and their brain activity resembles that of a person on hrd drugs.  Make no mistake, just like crack or anything else, gambling changes your brain at least temporarily. 

    After a huge win especially a come back win, I'm so jacked up I feel as if somebody shot me, the bullet would bounce right off my chest.  After a bad loss, especially a moose, well...some dark places and thoughts.

    Let's be real, we have all been there.  We love the high.

    Most of you young ones, you will regret that day you win that first big bet, or place your first winning bet, you'll be chasing and trying to recreate that first high for the rest of your life...
     
    SwishSwish1234
    SwishSwish1234
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 3173
    Posted: Jan. 30, 2016 - 6:02 PM ET #32

    The other thing people don't realize is how mentally strong you become as a gambler, Let's say you're a regular guy in a relationship with a girl you love and she suddenly breaks up with you, Then let's say you're a gambler who is in a relationship with a girl you love and she suddenly breaks up with you, Which of the two will be able to dust themselves down quicker? For me it's the gambler all day long, An undeserved back door cover which robs of you thousands will make a woman breaking up with you feel like a walk in the park in terms of getting over it. 


    Reply
    The other thing people don't realize is how mentally strong you become as a gambler, Let's say you're a regular guy in a relationship with a girl you love and she suddenly breaks up with you, Then let's say you're a gambler who is in a relationship with a girl you love and she suddenly breaks up with you, Which of the two will be able to dust themselves down quicker? For me it's the gambler all day long, An undeserved back door cover which robs of you thousands will make a woman breaking up with you feel like a walk in the park in terms of getting over it. 


     
    SwishSwish1234
    SwishSwish1234
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 3173
    Posted: Jan. 30, 2016 - 6:07 PM ET #33

    Quote Originally Posted by dl36:


    Good call,  he's been reeling hardcore lately 

    Yeah he's had a rough week getting completely owned in the box this week.  He's been all over the site in multiple threads on multiple forums because he's been over the deep end. 

    Hopefully things look up for him 

    I don't know the extent of your relationship with the OP but you sound a bit classless in this post with your sarcasm towards his struggles, We're all gamblers, That's one thing we all have in common, Laughing at the next man isn't the wisest considering it could be you in that situation further down the line. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dl36:


    Good call,  he's been reeling hardcore lately 

    Yeah he's had a rough week getting completely owned in the box this week.  He's been all over the site in multiple threads on multiple forums because he's been over the deep end. 

    Hopefully things look up for him 

    I don't know the extent of your relationship with the OP but you sound a bit classless in this post with your sarcasm towards his struggles, We're all gamblers, That's one thing we all have in common, Laughing at the next man isn't the wisest considering it could be you in that situation further down the line. 
     
    SwishSwish1234
    SwishSwish1234
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 3173
    Posted: Jan. 30, 2016 - 6:12 PM ET #34

    I want to refer back to something someone said earlier in this thread regarding whenever you're desperate for a win it always loses, The same could apply to everything in life, Whenever you're desperate to get a job, You sit months being unemployed, Whenever you're desperate in a bar, Each girl sort of gives you the f-ck off look, Desperation is a killer.

    The art of winning comes from not being desperate i guess, Might be something to delve deeper into, Very good thread, I guess the icing on this threads cake would be an appearance from Vanzack, Sharing some thoughts on this topic. 

    Reply
    I want to refer back to something someone said earlier in this thread regarding whenever you're desperate for a win it always loses, The same could apply to everything in life, Whenever you're desperate to get a job, You sit months being unemployed, Whenever you're desperate in a bar, Each girl sort of gives you the f-ck off look, Desperation is a killer.

    The art of winning comes from not being desperate i guess, Might be something to delve deeper into, Very good thread, I guess the icing on this threads cake would be an appearance from Vanzack, Sharing some thoughts on this topic. 

     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jan. 30, 2016 - 6:55 PM ET #35

    Quote Originally Posted by SwishSwish1234:


    I don't know the extent of your relationship with the OP but you sound a bit classless in this post with your sarcasm towards his struggles, We're all gamblers, That's one thing we all have in common, Laughing at the next man isn't the wisest considering it could be you in that situation further down the line. 

    He's not referring to Search jack@ss. He's talking about SportsFan.  They've had a back and forth in the Box all week.  


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SwishSwish1234:


    I don't know the extent of your relationship with the OP but you sound a bit classless in this post with your sarcasm towards his struggles, We're all gamblers, That's one thing we all have in common, Laughing at the next man isn't the wisest considering it could be you in that situation further down the line. 

    He's not referring to Search jack@ss. He's talking about SportsFan.  They've had a back and forth in the Box all week.  


     
    SwishSwish1234
    SwishSwish1234
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 3173
    Posted: Jan. 30, 2016 - 7:31 PM ET #36

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    He's not referring to Search jack@ss. He's talking about SportsFan.  They've had a back and forth in the Box all week.  



    My bad you f-cking piece of sh-t. 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    He's not referring to Search jack@ss. He's talking about SportsFan.  They've had a back and forth in the Box all week.  



    My bad you f-cking piece of sh-t. 

     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jan. 30, 2016 - 9:24 PM ET #37

    As mentioned above, the dopamine levels spike in the brain when gamblers have action. Just like crack, cocaine, etc.....dangerous chemical imbalance. When we lose a bank roll the dopamine in our brains begin to crash, depression then follows. Wtf are we doing? Lol.
    The desperation theory is so true in all parts of our lives.
    Hopefully sport fan is okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Quote Originally Posted by SwishSwish1234:

    I don't know the extent of your relationship with the OP but you sound a bit classless in this post with your sarcasm towards his struggles, We're all gamblers, That's one thing we all have in common, Laughing at the next man isn't the wisest considering it could be you in that situation further down the line. 
    He's not referring to Search jack@ss. He's talking about SportsFan.  They've had a back and forth in the Box all week.

    Reply
    As mentioned above, the dopamine levels spike in the brain when gamblers have action. Just like crack, cocaine, etc.....dangerous chemical imbalance. When we lose a bank roll the dopamine in our brains begin to crash, depression then follows. Wtf are we doing? Lol.
    The desperation theory is so true in all parts of our lives.
    Hopefully sport fan is okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Quote Originally Posted by SwishSwish1234:

    I don't know the extent of your relationship with the OP but you sound a bit classless in this post with your sarcasm towards his struggles, We're all gamblers, That's one thing we all have in common, Laughing at the next man isn't the wisest considering it could be you in that situation further down the line. 
    He's not referring to Search jack@ss. He's talking about SportsFan.  They've had a back and forth in the Box all week.

     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jan. 31, 2016 - 2:01 AM ET #38

    Quote Originally Posted by SwishSwish1234:


    My bad you f-cking piece of sh-t. 


    No problem Euro-trash.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SwishSwish1234:


    My bad you f-cking piece of sh-t. 


    No problem Euro-trash.  
     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Jan. 31, 2016 - 5:14 AM ET #39

    Quote Originally Posted by nature1970:

    i've gone all in stacked once.
    luck to be alive
    learned never try to win without preparing to loose

     Good points, but lose is spelled with one O.  Also, for future reference, loose is the opposite of tight.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by nature1970:

    i've gone all in stacked once.
    luck to be alive
    learned never try to win without preparing to loose

     Good points, but lose is spelled with one O.  Also, for future reference, loose is the opposite of tight.
     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Jan. 31, 2016 - 5:17 AM ET #40

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:

    I have considered killing myself when I lost everything... so glad I did not have the balls to do it.  I doubled down and learned to win.  I do think you have to lose really bad to learn to win.  You need to throw out everything you have learned, everything you were doing and start fresh.  It worked for me

     I normally have a dark, dry sense of humor, but I am glad you did not end your life, over money. 

    On a side note, if a mentally unstable person who regularly threatens others, and wants to kill themselves, I would ENCOURAGE them to do so.   
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:

    I have considered killing myself when I lost everything... so glad I did not have the balls to do it.  I doubled down and learned to win.  I do think you have to lose really bad to learn to win.  You need to throw out everything you have learned, everything you were doing and start fresh.  It worked for me

     I normally have a dark, dry sense of humor, but I am glad you did not end your life, over money. 

    On a side note, if a mentally unstable person who regularly threatens others, and wants to kill themselves, I would ENCOURAGE them to do so.   
     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Jan. 31, 2016 - 5:21 AM ET #41

    It is not healthy, but when I lose large sums of money in a short span, I normally oversleep to avoid reality.

    At least when I am depressed and sleeping a lot, I cannot lose more money by placing another bet, that I have no business making in the first place.

    On another note, after a bad losing streak, it just takes a couple of wins to get the adrenaline pumping, and the positive energy back, even if it is short-lived.
    Reply
    It is not healthy, but when I lose large sums of money in a short span, I normally oversleep to avoid reality.

    At least when I am depressed and sleeping a lot, I cannot lose more money by placing another bet, that I have no business making in the first place.

    On another note, after a bad losing streak, it just takes a couple of wins to get the adrenaline pumping, and the positive energy back, even if it is short-lived.
     
    bizkilla
    bizkilla
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 1725
    Posted: Jan. 31, 2016 - 1:56 PM ET #42

    Must admit its a very interest topic and the honesty shared is nice. Particularly are how you all remember the tough beats of your careers. Those are the harshest. Glad to know im not the only one prone to violent outbursts, although these days those wouldn't happen. In the end, I suppose we all learn some valuable lessons, for most of us "gamblers" for lack of a better term, we hopefully learn it young. I know I sure did.
    Reply
    Must admit its a very interest topic and the honesty shared is nice. Particularly are how you all remember the tough beats of your careers. Those are the harshest. Glad to know im not the only one prone to violent outbursts, although these days those wouldn't happen. In the end, I suppose we all learn some valuable lessons, for most of us "gamblers" for lack of a better term, we hopefully learn it young. I know I sure did.
     
    SwishSwish1234
    SwishSwish1234
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 3173
    Posted: Jan. 31, 2016 - 2:16 PM ET #43

    You know what the really depressing thing about this thread is? Not one person has been able to say how he overcame the losing, We've all expressed how we have managed to nullify losing big bets and learned to deal with it but not how we've rectified the losing and now are winning, That's pretty sad, That virtually tells you right there that in gambling there's only one winner, Unfortunately. 
    Reply
    You know what the really depressing thing about this thread is? Not one person has been able to say how he overcame the losing, We've all expressed how we have managed to nullify losing big bets and learned to deal with it but not how we've rectified the losing and now are winning, That's pretty sad, That virtually tells you right there that in gambling there's only one winner, Unfortunately. 
     
    jaggermik
    jaggermik
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 95
    Posted: Jan. 31, 2016 - 7:23 PM ET #44

    I lost tens of thousands during a binge.  Chase after chase.  Losing thousands in the casino when there was no sports games to bet on.

    Driving around at night finding ways to load more money.

    Pulling scams at several payday loan places, maxing out credit cards over 17,000 on 5 different cards, borrowing from people, cheque scams, wasting a hard earned paycheque and the list goes on.

    It's a depressing rut that you just keep digging yourself deeper and deeper in.  At the end of it all when you are spent, after the anger stages, you're just worn out, depressed and eventually, apathetic.  When you've reached the apathetic stage you know it's rock bottom.

    But........eventually, you clear your head for a couple days, you load some money and tell yourself you're going to win it back.  The depressed feeling is gone and you feel optimistic and rejuvenated.  you're ready to do it again.

    In my case, currently, I went on a sick run.  I turned 1000 into 9000.  Then if you've read my thread where I posted a crazy 7 game parlay consisting of NHL/NBA games.  I won 21,000.  Been rolling ever since. I'm up about 40,000 and counting. It's as if I can't lose.  I'm hitting everything in every way.   Live bets, parlays, full games, halftime bets.  A loss here and there and I win it back and some.  Hitting like 90% (no joke)

    I feel on top of the world.  I feel invincible.  I feel as if if you shoot me the bullet would bounce off my chest harmlessly.  Food tastes better, life seems exciting as hell and tv shows and other activities seem so much more fun. I have so much energy on the basketball court and gym and I find myself smiling for no reason.

    Life is great.

    Isn't this what we are all chasing?  That initial high?!  That high we first felt when we won our very first big bet?  That's what we are all chasing.

    I have money coming out of my arse and logically I know this incredible and long sustained run will end eventually...But until then I'm enjoying the ride.  

    Won my Clippers over 2nd half and hope to win Miami under 197.5 (both posted) and I'll be nearing 50,000 in total winnings during this uncanny stretch,

    Point is, yes, when it's bad it's really bad and hopeless but when it's good..DAMN IS IT EVER GOOD!  You feel so high.

    That's the problem with many of us here.  We can't be average.  We need to feel the high.  Combine that with the fact that we are overly competitive and you know the rest.  We are the same guys that take a pick up game at the basketball court etc way too seriously and plays hard because we are overly competitive.

    That's why when you have clown cappers, posting everyday, preaching money management and playing with imaginary money and units, trying to gather followers for their farfetched dreams of being a tout, it just doesn't work. We don't want the grind it out, hit 52% in the long run and make a few bucks, we want to chase that pipe dream of winning some serious cash in a short span of time.

    To all my fellow gamblers..just go for it.  You're going to do it anyways so go all out and take your chances.  Live life without a safety net and just remember, what's the worst that can happen?

    You can go broke, get your kneecaps broken?  So what?  

    Life isn't worth living if I can't put down green on a ballgame whether it's football, basketball, baseball etc.  

    I live for this *hit!
    Reply
    I lost tens of thousands during a binge.  Chase after chase.  Losing thousands in the casino when there was no sports games to bet on.

    Driving around at night finding ways to load more money.

    Pulling scams at several payday loan places, maxing out credit cards over 17,000 on 5 different cards, borrowing from people, cheque scams, wasting a hard earned paycheque and the list goes on.

    It's a depressing rut that you just keep digging yourself deeper and deeper in.  At the end of it all when you are spent, after the anger stages, you're just worn out, depressed and eventually, apathetic.  When you've reached the apathetic stage you know it's rock bottom.

    But........eventually, you clear your head for a couple days, you load some money and tell yourself you're going to win it back.  The depressed feeling is gone and you feel optimistic and rejuvenated.  you're ready to do it again.

    In my case, currently, I went on a sick run.  I turned 1000 into 9000.  Then if you've read my thread where I posted a crazy 7 game parlay consisting of NHL/NBA games.  I won 21,000.  Been rolling ever since. I'm up about 40,000 and counting. It's as if I can't lose.  I'm hitting everything in every way.   Live bets, parlays, full games, halftime bets.  A loss here and there and I win it back and some.  Hitting like 90% (no joke)

    I feel on top of the world.  I feel invincible.  I feel as if if you shoot me the bullet would bounce off my chest harmlessly.  Food tastes better, life seems exciting as hell and tv shows and other activities seem so much more fun. I have so much energy on the basketball court and gym and I find myself smiling for no reason.

    Life is great.

    Isn't this what we are all chasing?  That initial high?!  That high we first felt when we won our very first big bet?  That's what we are all chasing.

    I have money coming out of my arse and logically I know this incredible and long sustained run will end eventually...But until then I'm enjoying the ride.  

    Won my Clippers over 2nd half and hope to win Miami under 197.5 (both posted) and I'll be nearing 50,000 in total winnings during this uncanny stretch,

    Point is, yes, when it's bad it's really bad and hopeless but when it's good..DAMN IS IT EVER GOOD!  You feel so high.

    That's the problem with many of us here.  We can't be average.  We need to feel the high.  Combine that with the fact that we are overly competitive and you know the rest.  We are the same guys that take a pick up game at the basketball court etc way too seriously and plays hard because we are overly competitive.

    That's why when you have clown cappers, posting everyday, preaching money management and playing with imaginary money and units, trying to gather followers for their farfetched dreams of being a tout, it just doesn't work. We don't want the grind it out, hit 52% in the long run and make a few bucks, we want to chase that pipe dream of winning some serious cash in a short span of time.

    To all my fellow gamblers..just go for it.  You're going to do it anyways so go all out and take your chances.  Live life without a safety net and just remember, what's the worst that can happen?

    You can go broke, get your kneecaps broken?  So what?  

    Life isn't worth living if I can't put down green on a ballgame whether it's football, basketball, baseball etc.  

    I live for this *hit!
     
    waves4daze
    waves4daze
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 3
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2016 - 12:38 AM ET #45

    No idea if this is the right place to post this but lol oh well, I'm new here on this forum and new to online sports books. I opened a 5dimes account about two weeks ago making a total deposit of $150. Placed a few bets on NBA and the NFL playoffs. Did pretty good was up about $1,000. Then started playing super dumb money on the online roulette. Some how between picking good plays and doing $1,000 spins on black I ran my account up to $11k and lost it all just now besides $500 that is pending for a payout.  Should I try it again and deposit another $150-$300 and disable the online casino or just say darn it? Thanks..
    Reply
    No idea if this is the right place to post this but lol oh well, I'm new here on this forum and new to online sports books. I opened a 5dimes account about two weeks ago making a total deposit of $150. Placed a few bets on NBA and the NFL playoffs. Did pretty good was up about $1,000. Then started playing super dumb money on the online roulette. Some how between picking good plays and doing $1,000 spins on black I ran my account up to $11k and lost it all just now besides $500 that is pending for a payout.  Should I try it again and deposit another $150-$300 and disable the online casino or just say darn it? Thanks..
     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2016 - 2:21 AM ET #46

    Quote Originally Posted by SwishSwish1234:


    I don't know the extent of your relationship with the OP but you sound a bit classless in this post with your sarcasm towards his struggles, We're all gamblers, That's one thing we all have in common, Laughing at next man isn't the wisest considering it could be you in that situation further down the line. 

    You might be new to this site but we are not all gamblers.  Many of us are who really get it.  There is this other part of the site of aliases who just troll the site making up lies and try to post anything for attention and acceptance.

    That poster is well know for his lies and his make believe stories.

    Don't be fooled by the SAF and heir supporters



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SwishSwish1234:


    I don't know the extent of your relationship with the OP but you sound a bit classless in this post with your sarcasm towards his struggles, We're all gamblers, That's one thing we all have in common, Laughing at next man isn't the wisest considering it could be you in that situation further down the line. 

    You might be new to this site but we are not all gamblers.  Many of us are who really get it.  There is this other part of the site of aliases who just troll the site making up lies and try to post anything for attention and acceptance.

    That poster is well know for his lies and his make believe stories.

    Don't be fooled by the SAF and heir supporters



     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2016 - 8:08 AM ET #47

    Quote Originally Posted by SwishSwish1234:

    You know what the really depressing thing about this thread is? Not one person has been able to say how he overcame the losing, We've all expressed how we have managed to nullify losing big bets and learned to deal with it but not how we've rectified the losing and now are winning, That's pretty sad, That virtually tells you right there that in gambling there's only one winner, Unfortunately. 

    You seem a bit slow.  If somebody learned HOW to win, what makes you think they would reveal it to a bunch of anonymous strangers on the internet?

    It always cracks me up with somebody posts in the forum we are all here to help each other.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  When you wager vs the book you are wagering vs the rest of the field.  

    There are countless ways to find a system to win, and it has been happening for many years.  Once any substantial system is known, the market takes it away.  

    I give tips and correct people all of the time in threads... there is no shortage of silly folklore about sports gambling that is 100% wrong, but I read it every day in most threads.  Not my job to correct everybody and make them winners, and to be honest it works against my goals.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SwishSwish1234:

    You know what the really depressing thing about this thread is? Not one person has been able to say how he overcame the losing, We've all expressed how we have managed to nullify losing big bets and learned to deal with it but not how we've rectified the losing and now are winning, That's pretty sad, That virtually tells you right there that in gambling there's only one winner, Unfortunately. 

    You seem a bit slow.  If somebody learned HOW to win, what makes you think they would reveal it to a bunch of anonymous strangers on the internet?

    It always cracks me up with somebody posts in the forum we are all here to help each other.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  When you wager vs the book you are wagering vs the rest of the field.  

    There are countless ways to find a system to win, and it has been happening for many years.  Once any substantial system is known, the market takes it away.  

    I give tips and correct people all of the time in threads... there is no shortage of silly folklore about sports gambling that is 100% wrong, but I read it every day in most threads.  Not my job to correct everybody and make them winners, and to be honest it works against my goals.  
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2016 - 9:17 AM ET #48

    Quote Originally Posted by dl36:


    You might be new to this site but we are not all gamblers.  Many of us are who really get it.  There is this other part of the site of aliases who just troll the site making up lies and try to post anything for attention and acceptance.

    That poster is well know for his lies and his make believe stories.

    Don't be fooled by the SAF and heir supporters




    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dl36:


    You might be new to this site but we are not all gamblers.  Many of us are who really get it.  There is this other part of the site of aliases who just troll the site making up lies and try to post anything for attention and acceptance.

    That poster is well know for his lies and his make believe stories.

    Don't be fooled by the SAF and heir supporters




     
    SwishSwish1234
    SwishSwish1234
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 3173
    Posted: Feb. 2, 2016 - 7:55 AM ET #49

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:


    You seem a bit slow.  If somebody learned HOW to win, what makes you think they would reveal it to a bunch of anonymous strangers on the internet?

    It always cracks me up with somebody posts in the forum we are all here to help each other.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  When you wager vs the book you are wagering vs the rest of the field.  

    There are countless ways to find a system to win, and it has been happening for many years.  Once any substantial system is known, the market takes it away.  

    I give tips and correct people all of the time in threads... there is no shortage of silly folklore about sports gambling that is 100% wrong, but I read it every day in most threads.  Not my job to correct everybody and make them winners, and to be honest it works against my goals.  

    What the darn are you rambling on about you dumb b-astard? I wasn't asking for people to reveal their formula's, Was asking for them to reveal if they had rectified the losing and now are winning, Jesus Christ, What a 42 carat imbecile. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:


    You seem a bit slow.  If somebody learned HOW to win, what makes you think they would reveal it to a bunch of anonymous strangers on the internet?

    It always cracks me up with somebody posts in the forum we are all here to help each other.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  When you wager vs the book you are wagering vs the rest of the field.  

    There are countless ways to find a system to win, and it has been happening for many years.  Once any substantial system is known, the market takes it away.  

    I give tips and correct people all of the time in threads... there is no shortage of silly folklore about sports gambling that is 100% wrong, but I read it every day in most threads.  Not my job to correct everybody and make them winners, and to be honest it works against my goals.  

    What the darn are you rambling on about you dumb b-astard? I wasn't asking for people to reveal their formula's, Was asking for them to reveal if they had rectified the losing and now are winning, Jesus Christ, What a 42 carat imbecile. 
     
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Feb. 2, 2016 - 8:44 AM ET #50

    Quote Originally Posted by SwishSwish1234:


    What the darn are you rambling on about you dumb b-astard? I wasn't asking for people to reveal their formula's, Was asking for them to reveal if they had rectified the losing and now are winning, Jesus Christ, What a 42 carat imbecile. 

    You get upset so easily.  It's so easy to push your buttons.

    What does it matter to you if he thinks you're slow.  If you're not, why let it bother you. 

    I guess it's a British thing.  The Great Britain Silly Nannies, hahaha
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SwishSwish1234:


    What the darn are you rambling on about you dumb b-astard? I wasn't asking for people to reveal their formula's, Was asking for them to reveal if they had rectified the losing and now are winning, Jesus Christ, What a 42 carat imbecile. 

    You get upset so easily.  It's so easy to push your buttons.

    What does it matter to you if he thinks you're slow.  If you're not, why let it bother you. 

    I guess it's a British thing.  The Great Britain Silly Nannies, hahaha
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,355
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 435
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,890
    • PART DEUX 151
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 842
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,853
    • Week 6 Money 8,394
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,249
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,243

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.