• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Can you become a Millionaire by Sports betting?

    123456 Next Last»
    ActionMagnet
    North-Japan
    demoman
    FRANKtheBANKss
    Dynasty4
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 6981
    Posts: 142
    123456 Next Last»
     
    ActionMagnet
    ActionMagnet
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 9735
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2020 - 3:43 PM ET #1

    When I first started this, I always envisioned winning big and then investing in an 8% annual index funds while I kick back on a quiet ranch. So far, the plan went off the rails.

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    When I first started this, I always envisioned winning big and then investing in an 8% annual index funds while I kick back on a quiet ranch. So far, the plan went off the rails.

     
    North-Japan
    North-Japan
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2017
    Posts: 747
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2020 - 3:54 PM ET #2

    it's easier to lose money than to win.

    I dont have the data, but I suspect that 91% of sports bettors lose more than win.

    That being said, I sugest you to take it as a hobby and gamble only for some fun.

    Reply

    it's easier to lose money than to win.

    I dont have the data, but I suspect that 91% of sports bettors lose more than win.

    That being said, I sugest you to take it as a hobby and gamble only for some fun.

     
    demoman
    demoman
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 1065
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2020 - 4:02 PM ET #3

    How to make 1 million betting. Start with 10 million.
    Reply
    How to make 1 million betting. Start with 10 million.
     
    FRANKtheBANKss
    FRANKtheBANKss
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2018
    Posts: 11043
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2020 - 4:07 PM ET #4

    Better to be a Millionaire which many people are already. Just think of your house and your investments and you are probably already there. People don't think of themselves as Millionaires but I don't think I have a friend who isn't worth a few million in assets,  stocks and savings but to say, Hey m, I am a millionaire would make you sound stupid. A Million dollars isn't that much money. I mean putting three children through private school then College or University  then advanced degrees while supporting them is well into a million dollars easy. If you are going to work 9 to 5 and our paid an hourly wage then taxes will most likely kill you but still very attainable an_light

    God is Good and the Ball don't Lie.
    Reply

    Better to be a Millionaire which many people are already. Just think of your house and your investments and you are probably already there. People don't think of themselves as Millionaires but I don't think I have a friend who isn't worth a few million in assets,  stocks and savings but to say, Hey m, I am a millionaire would make you sound stupid. A Million dollars isn't that much money. I mean putting three children through private school then College or University  then advanced degrees while supporting them is well into a million dollars easy. If you are going to work 9 to 5 and our paid an hourly wage then taxes will most likely kill you but still very attainable an_light

     
    Dynasty4
    Dynasty4
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2020
    Posts: 1898
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2020 - 4:13 PM ET #5

    Oh yes you can BUT you need to file chapter 7 numerous times and live under the bridge before you become millionaire. Keep dreaming kiddo.

    Reply

    Oh yes you can BUT you need to file chapter 7 numerous times and live under the bridge before you become millionaire. Keep dreaming kiddo.

     
    wegstar21
    wegstar21
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 647
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2020 - 4:23 PM ET #6

    About the same percent of people giving blumpkins under the bridge become millionaires from sports gambling.. 

    Reply

    About the same percent of people giving blumpkins under the bridge become millionaires from sports gambling.. 

     
    begginerboy
    begginerboy
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 15267
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2020 - 4:28 PM ET #7

    I think Vanzak did it. There was an entire thread about his gambling odyssey from rags to riches, but I doubt you can find it after covers changed it’s format. 

    Reply

    I think Vanzak did it. There was an entire thread about his gambling odyssey from rags to riches, but I doubt you can find it after covers changed it’s format. 

     
    DoctorSuccess
    DoctorSuccess
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2015
    Posts: 2507
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2020 - 5:05 PM ET #8

    Read "How to Beat the Pro Football Pointspread" by Bobby Smith, "How Professional Gamblers Beat the Pro Football Pointspread" by J.R. Miller, and "Week One NFL Winners - 2020 Edition". All available on Amazon.

    It can be done, but very, very, very few are willing to put in the immense hard work involved.

    Reply

    Read "How to Beat the Pro Football Pointspread" by Bobby Smith, "How Professional Gamblers Beat the Pro Football Pointspread" by J.R. Miller, and "Week One NFL Winners - 2020 Edition". All available on Amazon.

    It can be done, but very, very, very few are willing to put in the immense hard work involved.

     
    Mancity
    Mancity
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 21170
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2020 - 5:22 PM ET #9

    Same chance as if you did anything else. Maybe 5% or less. 

    Reply

    Same chance as if you did anything else. Maybe 5% or less. 

     
    begginerboy
    begginerboy
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 15267
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2020 - 5:36 PM ET #10

    I can also tell you from experience that when I tried doing this for a living, as an unemployed father of two, it was a 9-5 job, and one of the hardest, most stressful I’ve ever had. My bankroll was 10,000 and in two years I won 35,000. People who don’t realize how hard gambling is scoffed at my accomplishment. They said it was a pittance, and they were right to a certain extent, but what they didn’t realize is that I was working with a 10,000 bankroll, had it been 100,000 I might have won 350,000 in two years, or I might have not. Sometimes the less you have to work with the more focused you get, and you don’t take the kinds of chances you normally might with a bigger bankroll. For instance, last year I turned a 25$ free play to $5,000 in three months. Then what did I do? Like a moron I put 3000 on a team that -1000 that I thought had 0 chance of losing and I lost! So there you go. That’s gambling for you.

    Reply

    I can also tell you from experience that when I tried doing this for a living, as an unemployed father of two, it was a 9-5 job, and one of the hardest, most stressful I’ve ever had. My bankroll was 10,000 and in two years I won 35,000. People who don’t realize how hard gambling is scoffed at my accomplishment. They said it was a pittance, and they were right to a certain extent, but what they didn’t realize is that I was working with a 10,000 bankroll, had it been 100,000 I might have won 350,000 in two years, or I might have not. Sometimes the less you have to work with the more focused you get, and you don’t take the kinds of chances you normally might with a bigger bankroll. For instance, last year I turned a 25$ free play to $5,000 in three months. Then what did I do? Like a moron I put 3000 on a team that -1000 that I thought had 0 chance of losing and I lost! So there you go. That’s gambling for you.

     
    demoman
    demoman
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 1065
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2020 - 5:51 PM ET #11

    I start with $100 bucks and see where it takes me, usually no where but on 3 occasions I cashed out with $3k or so.
    Reply
    I start with $100 bucks and see where it takes me, usually no where but on 3 occasions I cashed out with $3k or so.
     
    DoctorSuccess
    DoctorSuccess
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2015
    Posts: 2507
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2020 - 6:58 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by begginerboy:

    I can also tell you from experience that when I tried doing this for a living, as an unemployed father of two, it was a 9-5 job, and one of the hardest, most stressful I’ve ever had. My bankroll was 10,000 and in two years I won 35,000. People who don’t realize how hard gambling is scoffed at my accomplishment. They said it was a pittance, and they were right to a certain extent, but what they didn’t realize is that I was working with a 10,000 bankroll, had it been 100,000 I might have won 350,000 in two years, or I might have not. Sometimes the less you have to work with the more focused you get, and you don’t take the kinds of chances you normally might with a bigger bankroll. For instance, last year I turned a 25$ free play to $5,000 in three months. Then what did I do? Like a moron I put 3000 on a team that -1000 that I thought had 0 chance of losing and I lost! So there you go. That’s gambling for you.

    Great job, BB!

    This is what I mean by very few are willing to put in the work. The majority of sports bettors and almost everyone on this forum puts in less than an hour a week on their handicapping. Most put in less than 10 minutes. They watch the games and thinks that makes them an expert on betting.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by begginerboy:

    I can also tell you from experience that when I tried doing this for a living, as an unemployed father of two, it was a 9-5 job, and one of the hardest, most stressful I’ve ever had. My bankroll was 10,000 and in two years I won 35,000. People who don’t realize how hard gambling is scoffed at my accomplishment. They said it was a pittance, and they were right to a certain extent, but what they didn’t realize is that I was working with a 10,000 bankroll, had it been 100,000 I might have won 350,000 in two years, or I might have not. Sometimes the less you have to work with the more focused you get, and you don’t take the kinds of chances you normally might with a bigger bankroll. For instance, last year I turned a 25$ free play to $5,000 in three months. Then what did I do? Like a moron I put 3000 on a team that -1000 that I thought had 0 chance of losing and I lost! So there you go. That’s gambling for you.

    Great job, BB!

    This is what I mean by very few are willing to put in the work. The majority of sports bettors and almost everyone on this forum puts in less than an hour a week on their handicapping. Most put in less than 10 minutes. They watch the games and thinks that makes them an expert on betting.

     
    datboi86
    datboi86
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2020
    Posts: 1253
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2020 - 7:00 PM ET #13

    Very possible winning big long segmented parlays. 

    Reply

    Very possible winning big long segmented parlays. 

     
    moneymaker14
    moneymaker14
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 12528
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2020 - 7:07 PM ET #14

    Better off playing the lottery

    Reply

    Better off playing the lottery

     
    Wizerguy
    Wizerguy
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 38362
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2020 - 7:21 PM ET #15

    its possible with the right methods/strategies / bankroll over a 10 yr period..

    - The storms will come, the storms will pass -
    Reply

    its possible with the right methods/strategies / bankroll over a 10 yr period..

     
    deezdonks
    deezdonks
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2017
    Posts: 998
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2020 - 9:59 PM ET #16

    Hit on draft kings. It's like hitting the lottery.

    Reply

    Hit on draft kings. It's like hitting the lottery.

     
    ActionMagnet
    ActionMagnet
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 9735
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2020 - 10:21 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizerguy:

    its possible with the right methods/strategies / bankroll over a 10 yr period..

     

    I think it’s all about capitalizing on a streak and doubling down your profits. Takes risk.  Bet 5k, win 10k,  risk 10k next game, win 20k, risk 20k, win 40k, risk 40k, win 80k, after 80k, 4 more wins and you’re at 1.2M..  The Brady/Belichick era went on song long ATS runs. People made a killing off that dynasty 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizerguy:

    its possible with the right methods/strategies / bankroll over a 10 yr period..

     

    I think it’s all about capitalizing on a streak and doubling down your profits. Takes risk.  Bet 5k, win 10k,  risk 10k next game, win 20k, risk 20k, win 40k, risk 40k, win 80k, after 80k, 4 more wins and you’re at 1.2M..  The Brady/Belichick era went on song long ATS runs. People made a killing off that dynasty 

     
    JC22
    JC22
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2019
    Posts: 630
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2020 - 11:41 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKtheBANKss:

    Better to be a Millionaire which many people are already. Just think of your house and your investments and you are probably already there. People don't think of themselves as Millionaires but I don't think I have a friend who isn't worth a few million in assets,  stocks and savings but to say, Hey m, I am a millionaire would make you sound stupid. A Million dollars isn't that much money. I mean putting three children through private school then College or University  then advanced degrees while supporting them is well into a million dollars easy. If you are going to work 9 to 5 and our paid an hourly wage then taxes will most likely kill you but still very attainable

     

    This dude actually believes his own monopoly money lies...

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKtheBANKss:

    Better to be a Millionaire which many people are already. Just think of your house and your investments and you are probably already there. People don't think of themselves as Millionaires but I don't think I have a friend who isn't worth a few million in assets,  stocks and savings but to say, Hey m, I am a millionaire would make you sound stupid. A Million dollars isn't that much money. I mean putting three children through private school then College or University  then advanced degrees while supporting them is well into a million dollars easy. If you are going to work 9 to 5 and our paid an hourly wage then taxes will most likely kill you but still very attainable

     

    This dude actually believes his own monopoly money lies...

     

     
    begginerboy
    begginerboy
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 15267
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2020 - 1:40 AM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by ActionMagnet:

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizerguy: its possible with the right methods/strategies / bankroll over a 10 yr period..   I think it’s all about capitalizing on a streak and doubling down your profits. Takes risk.  Bet 5k, win 10k,  risk 10k next game, win 20k, risk 20k, win 40k, risk 40k, win 80k, after 80k, 4 more wins and you’re at 1.2M..  The Brady/Belichick era went on song long ATS runs. People made a killing off that dynasty

    That’s just getting lucky. Sure it can happen, but what does it prove?! We are talking about grinding out wins and living through bad beat after bad beat. It ain’t glamorous, but that’s what it takes to succeed. A guy who won over a million on horses, and then eventually gave it all back, told me that what keeps most gamblers, even the good ones, from coming out ahead is the vig. He was a math guy who believed the vig tilted the advantage to the house in a big way, and eventually ate away at the profits, making it impossible to stay ahead.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by ActionMagnet:

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizerguy: its possible with the right methods/strategies / bankroll over a 10 yr period..   I think it’s all about capitalizing on a streak and doubling down your profits. Takes risk.  Bet 5k, win 10k,  risk 10k next game, win 20k, risk 20k, win 40k, risk 40k, win 80k, after 80k, 4 more wins and you’re at 1.2M..  The Brady/Belichick era went on song long ATS runs. People made a killing off that dynasty

    That’s just getting lucky. Sure it can happen, but what does it prove?! We are talking about grinding out wins and living through bad beat after bad beat. It ain’t glamorous, but that’s what it takes to succeed. A guy who won over a million on horses, and then eventually gave it all back, told me that what keeps most gamblers, even the good ones, from coming out ahead is the vig. He was a math guy who believed the vig tilted the advantage to the house in a big way, and eventually ate away at the profits, making it impossible to stay ahead.

     
    IncognitoZR
    IncognitoZR
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 3006
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2020 - 2:52 AM ET #20

    Of course you can. Just start out being a billionaire.

    B B B and B
    Reply

    Of course you can. Just start out being a billionaire.

     
    User854910
    User854910
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2018
    Posts: 4581
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2020 - 11:43 AM ET #21

    Post Deleted
    Don't let the book set the number
    Reply
    Post Deleted
     
    barneybeans
    barneybeans
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2003
    Posts: 9982
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2020 - 12:22 PM ET #22

    Wanna be a millionaire gambling? Be the house, simple as that. 

    The pen is mightier than the pigs
    Reply

    Wanna be a millionaire gambling? Be the house, simple as that. 

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2020 - 12:41 PM ET #23

    This is honestly a pretty simple answer.  

    Yes.  You can.  But it is like anything else in life.  People want an easy path to success with no work, and sports gambling attracts all of the wrong types of people.  Most sports gamblers are arsonist firemen.  They create all of the problems that then they try to solve.

    If you asked the question "can you become a millionaire by becoming a doctor?"  the answer is maybe.  Doctors that learn their trade, take advantage of opportunities, take it seriously constantly learn and grow - become millionaires - the rest become family practice guys making 100k a year.

    Sports gambling takes a deep understanding of probability and mathematics which most people don't have without work.  And since a huge majority of sports gamblers are lazy by nature, they don't want to learn or grow.  So you end up with a situation where you have a huge percentage of losers, and a very small percentage of winners.

    But I know many winners.  Winners who have made millions.  It is possible, just takes work.

    peace_5

     
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    This is honestly a pretty simple answer.  

    Yes.  You can.  But it is like anything else in life.  People want an easy path to success with no work, and sports gambling attracts all of the wrong types of people.  Most sports gamblers are arsonist firemen.  They create all of the problems that then they try to solve.

    If you asked the question "can you become a millionaire by becoming a doctor?"  the answer is maybe.  Doctors that learn their trade, take advantage of opportunities, take it seriously constantly learn and grow - become millionaires - the rest become family practice guys making 100k a year.

    Sports gambling takes a deep understanding of probability and mathematics which most people don't have without work.  And since a huge majority of sports gamblers are lazy by nature, they don't want to learn or grow.  So you end up with a situation where you have a huge percentage of losers, and a very small percentage of winners.

    But I know many winners.  Winners who have made millions.  It is possible, just takes work.

    peace_5

     
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55705
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2020 - 1:58 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    This is honestly a pretty simple answer.   Yes.  You can.  But it is like anything else in life.  People want an easy path to success with no work, and sports gambling attracts all of the wrong types of people.  Most sports gamblers are arsonist firemen.  They create all of the problems that then they try to solve. If you asked the question "can you become a millionaire by becoming a doctor?"  the answer is maybe.  Doctors that learn their trade, take advantage of opportunities, take it seriously constantly learn and grow - become millionaires - the rest become family practice guys making 100k a year. Sports gambling takes a deep understanding of probability and mathematics which most people don't have without work.  And since a huge majority of sports gamblers are lazy by nature, they don't want to learn or grow.  So you end up with a situation where you have a huge percentage of losers, and a very small percentage of winners. But I know many winners.  Winners who have made millions.  It is possible, just takes work.
    My man! Who ya got in NFL this weekend? surprised

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    This is honestly a pretty simple answer.   Yes.  You can.  But it is like anything else in life.  People want an easy path to success with no work, and sports gambling attracts all of the wrong types of people.  Most sports gamblers are arsonist firemen.  They create all of the problems that then they try to solve. If you asked the question "can you become a millionaire by becoming a doctor?"  the answer is maybe.  Doctors that learn their trade, take advantage of opportunities, take it seriously constantly learn and grow - become millionaires - the rest become family practice guys making 100k a year. Sports gambling takes a deep understanding of probability and mathematics which most people don't have without work.  And since a huge majority of sports gamblers are lazy by nature, they don't want to learn or grow.  So you end up with a situation where you have a huge percentage of losers, and a very small percentage of winners. But I know many winners.  Winners who have made millions.  It is possible, just takes work.
    My man! Who ya got in NFL this weekend? surprised

     
     
    begginerboy
    begginerboy
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 15267
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2020 - 2:35 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    This is honestly a pretty simple answer.   Yes.  You can.  But it is like anything else in life.  People want an easy path to success with no work, and sports gambling attracts all of the wrong types of people.  Most sports gamblers are arsonist firemen.  They create all of the problems that then they try to solve. If you asked the question "can you become a millionaire by becoming a doctor?"  the answer is maybe.  Doctors that learn their trade, take advantage of opportunities, take it seriously constantly learn and grow - become millionaires - the rest become family practice guys making 100k a year. Sports gambling takes a deep understanding of probability and mathematics which most people don't have without work.  And since a huge majority of sports gamblers are lazy by nature, they don't want to learn or grow.  So you end up with a situation where you have a huge percentage of losers, and a very small percentage of winners. But I know many winners.  Winners who have made millions.  It is possible, just takes work.

    From your experience Vanz, what is the most profitable sport to bet on, and is that because math and probability play a greater role in predicting/determining  the outcome? And by the same token, which sport is the hardest/most difficult?

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    This is honestly a pretty simple answer.   Yes.  You can.  But it is like anything else in life.  People want an easy path to success with no work, and sports gambling attracts all of the wrong types of people.  Most sports gamblers are arsonist firemen.  They create all of the problems that then they try to solve. If you asked the question "can you become a millionaire by becoming a doctor?"  the answer is maybe.  Doctors that learn their trade, take advantage of opportunities, take it seriously constantly learn and grow - become millionaires - the rest become family practice guys making 100k a year. Sports gambling takes a deep understanding of probability and mathematics which most people don't have without work.  And since a huge majority of sports gamblers are lazy by nature, they don't want to learn or grow.  So you end up with a situation where you have a huge percentage of losers, and a very small percentage of winners. But I know many winners.  Winners who have made millions.  It is possible, just takes work.

    From your experience Vanz, what is the most profitable sport to bet on, and is that because math and probability play a greater role in predicting/determining  the outcome? And by the same token, which sport is the hardest/most difficult?

     

    All Forums | General Discussion
    123456 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,459
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 692
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,709
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,366
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,081
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,525
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,890
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,835
    • Monday 10/05/2026 369
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,319

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.