• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Anyone ever see a show called "Money Talks" on CNBC?

    «First Previous 12345
    CMJohnson1
    warcameagle56
    scalabrine
    bizkilla
    PhantomFlag
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 17097
    Posts: 122
    «First Previous 12345
     
    CMJohnson1
    CMJohnson1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 36739
    Posted: May. 22, 2014 - 1:33 AM ET #101

    You could throw a dart at a board and have more success than this guy.  At least he bet another "dog" with Auburn +1 vs. Mizzou

    And wtf is up with this guy Pappas?  I'm going to Vegas with 100k to gamble, but I'm only going for one day...and if I win I have to pay half that to my tout
    Reply
    You could throw a dart at a board and have more success than this guy.  At least he bet another "dog" with Auburn +1 vs. Mizzou

    And wtf is up with this guy Pappas?  I'm going to Vegas with 100k to gamble, but I'm only going for one day...and if I win I have to pay half that to my tout
     
    warcameagle56
    warcameagle56
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 5418
    Posted: May. 22, 2014 - 3:55 AM ET #102

    I'm gonna put 55k on a game and net 25 ...Raaaaaight !...I guess the guy looks at it like he put up 55 and left w 80..Stevens " I guarantee it !"...top earner makes half a mill...otay
    Reply
    I'm gonna put 55k on a game and net 25 ...Raaaaaight !...I guess the guy looks at it like he put up 55 and left w 80..Stevens " I guarantee it !"...top earner makes half a mill...otay
     
    warcameagle56
    warcameagle56
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 5418
    Posted: May. 22, 2014 - 3:56 AM ET #103

    But CNBC has done a great job w it.
    Reply
    But CNBC has done a great job w it.
     
    warcameagle56
    warcameagle56
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 5418
    Posted: May. 22, 2014 - 4:07 AM ET #104

    I will say that I like the folks he has around him..Paula, Skipper,Forelli..makes show good
    Reply
    I will say that I like the folks he has around him..Paula, Skipper,Forelli..makes show good
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: May. 22, 2014 - 9:26 AM ET #105

    Quote Originally Posted by Bling:

    I saw the second episode today.  A lot of stupid people out there still paying for picks.  One phone operator earned $13,000 commission for a single week  . 

    Wait until you get to the last episode where he opens the fedex mailer and it has a commission check in it
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Bling:

    I saw the second episode today.  A lot of stupid people out there still paying for picks.  One phone operator earned $13,000 commission for a single week  . 

    Wait until you get to the last episode where he opens the fedex mailer and it has a commission check in it
     
    bizkilla
    bizkilla
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 1725
    Posted: May. 22, 2014 - 1:06 PM ET #106

    One thing I would like to point out is the staggering amount of alcohol consumed on the show. Every episode, no matter what they are doing it is consuming alcohol.
    Reply
    One thing I would like to point out is the staggering amount of alcohol consumed on the show. Every episode, no matter what they are doing it is consuming alcohol.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: May. 22, 2014 - 3:55 PM ET #107

    Quote Originally Posted by bizkilla:

    One thing I would like to point out is the staggering amount of alcohol consumed on the show. Every episode, no matter what they are doing it is consuming alcohol.

    They are clearly all alcoholics.

    Living in Vegas, touting games for a living, strip clubs, quick cash flow to burn nightly, shady characters, etc. Etc. Etc.

    Alcohol and drugs fall right into all of that.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bizkilla:

    One thing I would like to point out is the staggering amount of alcohol consumed on the show. Every episode, no matter what they are doing it is consuming alcohol.

    They are clearly all alcoholics.

    Living in Vegas, touting games for a living, strip clubs, quick cash flow to burn nightly, shady characters, etc. Etc. Etc.

    Alcohol and drugs fall right into all of that.
     
    PhantomFlag
    PhantomFlag
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 941
    Posted: May. 22, 2014 - 11:15 PM ET #108

    Steve hammers home Money Management, yet I doubt any of his kids in the room, have one dime in savings.  But that does not make good TV.    ..   

    Reply

    Steve hammers home Money Management, yet I doubt any of his kids in the room, have one dime in savings.  But that does not make good TV.    ..   

     
    Champ_Iz_Here
    Champ_Iz_Here
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2012
    Posts: 1665
    Posted: May. 23, 2014 - 9:58 AM ET #109

    Paula though 
    Reply
    Paula though 
     
    Enjoi
    Enjoi
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 2767
    Posted: May. 23, 2014 - 11:29 AM ET #110

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ_Iz_Here:

    Paula though 

    I would moto boat the crap out of them titties 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ_Iz_Here:

    Paula though 

    I would moto boat the crap out of them titties 

     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: May. 23, 2014 - 7:36 PM ET #111

    Quote Originally Posted by CMJohnson1:

    You could throw a dart at a board and have more success than this guy.  At least he bet another "dog" with Auburn +1 vs. Mizzou

    And wtf is up with this guy Pappas?  I'm going to Vegas with 100k to gamble, but I'm only going for one day...and if I win I have to pay half that to my tout

    I was shocked he was on auburn over mizzou.

    I can only think he consulted someone else who was a sharp for that pick. He's used to laying 20 points picking favorites. Not 1 pt 'dogs.'
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by CMJohnson1:

    You could throw a dart at a board and have more success than this guy.  At least he bet another "dog" with Auburn +1 vs. Mizzou

    And wtf is up with this guy Pappas?  I'm going to Vegas with 100k to gamble, but I'm only going for one day...and if I win I have to pay half that to my tout

    I was shocked he was on auburn over mizzou.

    I can only think he consulted someone else who was a sharp for that pick. He's used to laying 20 points picking favorites. Not 1 pt 'dogs.'
     
    pinoy1da
    pinoy1da
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 6156
    Posted: May. 23, 2014 - 8:11 PM ET #112

    So about  a couple months ago I put my Cell # on the MoneyTalks website on cnbc to see if they would give me a free generated pick just to see whatsup... They didnt and tried to pitch me to buy a week I said no they called 3-4 more times and I ignored them

    Fast forward daytoday 
    I get a call from Las Vegas on my iphone

    I'm like Hello? Hello? y0000000 anyone there i said it like a stoner lol

    anyways this guy answers back he was all Whaaaatttuppp 
    and i was like wtf is this Pirelli 

    he was like wassssuppp doggg and i was like YO man wtf is this really Chris Pirelli and he was all yeah man he even has that "yeahhh" u knwo what how he says sh*t on tv lol

    anyways we talk about this and that super chill guy. NOT ONCE did he ask me to buy picks from him a week or a day or whatever.

    SUPER CHILL guy
    I told him i'm a fan of the show and those simps 22 yr old who jumped u are the biggest pussies crying over a $200 straight bet lol

    but ya super cool guy. 

    wasnt expecting it. 

    just wanted to share lol 
    Reply
    So about  a couple months ago I put my Cell # on the MoneyTalks website on cnbc to see if they would give me a free generated pick just to see whatsup... They didnt and tried to pitch me to buy a week I said no they called 3-4 more times and I ignored them

    Fast forward daytoday 
    I get a call from Las Vegas on my iphone

    I'm like Hello? Hello? y0000000 anyone there i said it like a stoner lol

    anyways this guy answers back he was all Whaaaatttuppp 
    and i was like wtf is this Pirelli 

    he was like wassssuppp doggg and i was like YO man wtf is this really Chris Pirelli and he was all yeah man he even has that "yeahhh" u knwo what how he says sh*t on tv lol

    anyways we talk about this and that super chill guy. NOT ONCE did he ask me to buy picks from him a week or a day or whatever.

    SUPER CHILL guy
    I told him i'm a fan of the show and those simps 22 yr old who jumped u are the biggest pussies crying over a $200 straight bet lol

    but ya super cool guy. 

    wasnt expecting it. 

    just wanted to share lol 
     
    warcameagle56
    warcameagle56
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 5418
    Posted: May. 23, 2014 - 10:33 PM ET #113

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:


    They are clearly all alcoholics.

    Living in Vegas, touting games for a living, strip clubs, quick cash flow to burn nightly, shady characters, etc. Etc. Etc....          I bet they are eating vicodins like candy.

    Alcohol and drugs fall right into all of that.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:


    They are clearly all alcoholics.

    Living in Vegas, touting games for a living, strip clubs, quick cash flow to burn nightly, shady characters, etc. Etc. Etc....          I bet they are eating vicodins like candy.

    Alcohol and drugs fall right into all of that.
     
    Bling
    Bling
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 41476
    Posted: May. 24, 2014 - 11:58 AM ET #114

    Quote Originally Posted by pinoy1da:

    So about  a couple months ago I put my Cell # on the MoneyTalks website on cnbc to see if they would give me a free generated pick just to see whatsup... They didnt and tried to pitch me to buy a week I said no they called 3-4 more times and I ignored them

    Fast forward daytoday 
    I get a call from Las Vegas on my iphone

    I'm like Hello? Hello? y0000000 anyone there i said it like a stoner lol

    anyways this guy answers back he was all Whaaaatttuppp 
    and i was like wtf is this Pirelli 

    he was like wassssuppp doggg and i was like YO man wtf is this really Chris Pirelli and he was all yeah man he even has that "yeahhh" u knwo what how he says sh*t on tv lol

    anyways we talk about this and that super chill guy. NOT ONCE did he ask me to buy picks from him a week or a day or whatever.

    SUPER CHILL guy
    I told him i'm a fan of the show and those simps 22 yr old who jumped u are the biggest pussies crying over a $200 straight bet lol

    but ya super cool guy. 

    wasnt expecting it. 

    just wanted to share lol 

    If you are talking about that fight in episode 4, to be fail Pereli threw the first punch and he should know that if you fight one person in a group of "bros" you will get jumped because "bros" are mostly pus sies. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoy1da:

    So about  a couple months ago I put my Cell # on the MoneyTalks website on cnbc to see if they would give me a free generated pick just to see whatsup... They didnt and tried to pitch me to buy a week I said no they called 3-4 more times and I ignored them

    Fast forward daytoday 
    I get a call from Las Vegas on my iphone

    I'm like Hello? Hello? y0000000 anyone there i said it like a stoner lol

    anyways this guy answers back he was all Whaaaatttuppp 
    and i was like wtf is this Pirelli 

    he was like wassssuppp doggg and i was like YO man wtf is this really Chris Pirelli and he was all yeah man he even has that "yeahhh" u knwo what how he says sh*t on tv lol

    anyways we talk about this and that super chill guy. NOT ONCE did he ask me to buy picks from him a week or a day or whatever.

    SUPER CHILL guy
    I told him i'm a fan of the show and those simps 22 yr old who jumped u are the biggest pussies crying over a $200 straight bet lol

    but ya super cool guy. 

    wasnt expecting it. 

    just wanted to share lol 

    If you are talking about that fight in episode 4, to be fail Pereli threw the first punch and he should know that if you fight one person in a group of "bros" you will get jumped because "bros" are mostly pus sies. 
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jun. 1, 2014 - 12:41 AM ET #115

    Quote Originally Posted by pinoy1da:

    So about  a couple months ago I put my Cell # on the MoneyTalks website on cnbc to see if they would give me a free generated pick just to see whatsup... They didnt and tried to pitch me to buy a week I said no they called 3-4 more times and I ignored them

    Fast forward daytoday 
    I get a call from Las Vegas on my iphone

    I'm like Hello? Hello? y0000000 anyone there i said it like a stoner lol

    anyways this guy answers back he was all Whaaaatttuppp 
    and i was like wtf is this Pirelli 

    he was like wassssuppp doggg and i was like YO man wtf is this really Chris Pirelli and he was all yeah man he even has that "yeahhh" u knwo what how he says sh*t on tv lol

    anyways we talk about this and that super chill guy. NOT ONCE did he ask me to buy picks from him a week or a day or whatever.

    SUPER CHILL guy
    I told him i'm a fan of the show and those simps 22 yr old who jumped u are the biggest pussies crying over a $200 straight bet lol

    but ya super cool guy. 

    wasnt expecting it. 

    just wanted to share lol 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoy1da:

    So about  a couple months ago I put my Cell # on the MoneyTalks website on cnbc to see if they would give me a free generated pick just to see whatsup... They didnt and tried to pitch me to buy a week I said no they called 3-4 more times and I ignored them

    Fast forward daytoday 
    I get a call from Las Vegas on my iphone

    I'm like Hello? Hello? y0000000 anyone there i said it like a stoner lol

    anyways this guy answers back he was all Whaaaatttuppp 
    and i was like wtf is this Pirelli 

    he was like wassssuppp doggg and i was like YO man wtf is this really Chris Pirelli and he was all yeah man he even has that "yeahhh" u knwo what how he says sh*t on tv lol

    anyways we talk about this and that super chill guy. NOT ONCE did he ask me to buy picks from him a week or a day or whatever.

    SUPER CHILL guy
    I told him i'm a fan of the show and those simps 22 yr old who jumped u are the biggest pussies crying over a $200 straight bet lol

    but ya super cool guy. 

    wasnt expecting it. 

    just wanted to share lol 
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jun. 1, 2014 - 12:51 AM ET #116

    I just want to say this now that the series has ended.

    The last show really exposed these touts as total frauds. (not that we didn't know this but I have to elaborate).

    Let's focus on the obese guy Skip.

    He was the #1 guy pushing picks over the phone to hundreds and hundreds of buyers, news and long-timers.

    And all year they showed him talking on the phone like he knew about the games he was touting:

    "This is THE game! This is THE ONE! You have to go BIG on this one!"

    So you'd think he knew what he was doing when he took Oregon laying 19 or North Texas laying 12, and he knew, with those obscure bets, what he was talking about and the chalk he was laying (and he always laid serious chalk save one miracle comeback on the Pats +1.5 over Denver).

    So in the final episode (or second to last it doesn't matter which), they had a $5,000 "Gamble off".

    Each started with $1,000 and whoever had the most at the end won (who cares about the rules, that was the gist of it).

    They could play any casino game.

    If you gave me $1,000 I would rush headlong to the sportsbook and wouldn't come out. And I'm no tout. I'm a capper.

    So what did Skip the touat do? The biggest tout after Steve Stevens???

    He goes to the sportsbook....and out of $1,000, he bets:


    $20.

    Why? Because he admits on screen he 'doesn't know what he's doing.'

    His plan was to lose as little as possible while all the rest lost ALL their money.

    Curiously ALL the other touters chose primarily to play MONEY BURNING table games with the sportsbook only 50 feet away!

    Even the other idiot touts didn't have enough confidence in their capping in this contest to build their bankroll.

    It was an incredible revelation that most posters here already knew was the case, but for any degenerate who actually purchases picks from VIP sports, it should make them run for the hills the next time Perelli or any of the other goons dial them up!
    Reply
    I just want to say this now that the series has ended.

    The last show really exposed these touts as total frauds. (not that we didn't know this but I have to elaborate).

    Let's focus on the obese guy Skip.

    He was the #1 guy pushing picks over the phone to hundreds and hundreds of buyers, news and long-timers.

    And all year they showed him talking on the phone like he knew about the games he was touting:

    "This is THE game! This is THE ONE! You have to go BIG on this one!"

    So you'd think he knew what he was doing when he took Oregon laying 19 or North Texas laying 12, and he knew, with those obscure bets, what he was talking about and the chalk he was laying (and he always laid serious chalk save one miracle comeback on the Pats +1.5 over Denver).

    So in the final episode (or second to last it doesn't matter which), they had a $5,000 "Gamble off".

    Each started with $1,000 and whoever had the most at the end won (who cares about the rules, that was the gist of it).

    They could play any casino game.

    If you gave me $1,000 I would rush headlong to the sportsbook and wouldn't come out. And I'm no tout. I'm a capper.

    So what did Skip the touat do? The biggest tout after Steve Stevens???

    He goes to the sportsbook....and out of $1,000, he bets:


    $20.

    Why? Because he admits on screen he 'doesn't know what he's doing.'

    His plan was to lose as little as possible while all the rest lost ALL their money.

    Curiously ALL the other touters chose primarily to play MONEY BURNING table games with the sportsbook only 50 feet away!

    Even the other idiot touts didn't have enough confidence in their capping in this contest to build their bankroll.

    It was an incredible revelation that most posters here already knew was the case, but for any degenerate who actually purchases picks from VIP sports, it should make them run for the hills the next time Perelli or any of the other goons dial them up!
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jun. 1, 2014 - 9:11 AM ET #117

    A gamble off.  That's great.

    I couldn't take the show after the first episode I watched but have been reading this thread since.

    All touts are the same.  Have you seen Wolf of Wall St when he explains that nobody can predict the market and the goal was to keep money churning?  Just like the rake in poker?

    That's any tout.  Find guys willing to pay you, and just keep churning their money.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    A gamble off.  That's great.

    I couldn't take the show after the first episode I watched but have been reading this thread since.

    All touts are the same.  Have you seen Wolf of Wall St when he explains that nobody can predict the market and the goal was to keep money churning?  Just like the rake in poker?

    That's any tout.  Find guys willing to pay you, and just keep churning their money.

     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jun. 1, 2014 - 9:51 AM ET #118

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    A gamble off.  That's great.

    I couldn't take the show after the first episode I watched but have been reading this thread since.

    All touts are the same.  Have you seen Wolf of Wall St when he explains that nobody can predict the market and the goal was to keep money churning?  Just like the rake in poker?

    That's any tout.  Find guys willing to pay you, and just keep churning their money.


    Gosh, Van you missed out.

    For me, the comedy aspect of the show was priceless from their plays (almost universally big favorites) , how much chalk they lay (MAJOR and then they buy 1/2 pt from any number down, and yes even .5 from whole numbers like 12 to 11.5 in college football, not just hooks), their idea of money management ("Listen, a winning sports gambler is a winner because money management" ...they lose two bet.s.."Ok let's go double all your losses on this one so you win something and I get my commission. This is a winner."...or a new client is in town..."Ok, how much do you bet? $1k a game? I want you to bet at least $5k a game and we'll go from there).

    It was a real treat and I was sad to see it end.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    A gamble off.  That's great.

    I couldn't take the show after the first episode I watched but have been reading this thread since.

    All touts are the same.  Have you seen Wolf of Wall St when he explains that nobody can predict the market and the goal was to keep money churning?  Just like the rake in poker?

    That's any tout.  Find guys willing to pay you, and just keep churning their money.


    Gosh, Van you missed out.

    For me, the comedy aspect of the show was priceless from their plays (almost universally big favorites) , how much chalk they lay (MAJOR and then they buy 1/2 pt from any number down, and yes even .5 from whole numbers like 12 to 11.5 in college football, not just hooks), their idea of money management ("Listen, a winning sports gambler is a winner because money management" ...they lose two bet.s.."Ok let's go double all your losses on this one so you win something and I get my commission. This is a winner."...or a new client is in town..."Ok, how much do you bet? $1k a game? I want you to bet at least $5k a game and we'll go from there).

    It was a real treat and I was sad to see it end.


     
    CMJohnson1
    CMJohnson1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 36739
    Posted: Jun. 1, 2014 - 5:48 PM ET #119

    The gamble off was absolutely hilarious.  Now I do remember that they set in certain "rules" where the table games were a part of it along with the sportsbook part of it. 

    But that one sentence where Skip admits he has no idea what he's doing ruins it all for me.
    Reply
    The gamble off was absolutely hilarious.  Now I do remember that they set in certain "rules" where the table games were a part of it along with the sportsbook part of it. 

    But that one sentence where Skip admits he has no idea what he's doing ruins it all for me.
     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2016 - 11:48 PM ET #120

    just finished watching the series Youtube 

    CNBC, this show should have been on Comedy Central 

    if you google douchemoron I bet a picture of Chris Pirelli pops up 
    apparently he got fired and is now a waiter at the Olive Garden 

    they also have a podcast available on Youtube  
    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply
    just finished watching the series Youtube 

    CNBC, this show should have been on Comedy Central 

    if you google douchemoron I bet a picture of Chris Pirelli pops up 
    apparently he got fired and is now a waiter at the Olive Garden 

    they also have a podcast available on Youtube  
     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2016 - 12:08 AM ET #121

    Quote Originally Posted by warcameagle56:

    I think they should do a show on an  actual full time sports bettor...

    This show reminded me about I came across this video a few years ago   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3oQFHorIzs  amazed I was able to find it again 

    Yankee fans in Vegas   
    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by warcameagle56:

    I think they should do a show on an  actual full time sports bettor...

    This show reminded me about I came across this video a few years ago   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3oQFHorIzs  amazed I was able to find it again 

    Yankee fans in Vegas   
     
     
    HowTheySleep
    HowTheySleep
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2018
    Posts: 32
    Posted: Sep. 22, 2018 - 2:56 PM ET #122

    bumb
    Reply
    bumb
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 12345

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,888
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,606
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 445
    • MLB Playoffs 16,952
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,260
    • PART DEUX 139
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,362
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,265
    • Week 6 Money 5,813
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,148

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.