Ha! Samuel had a minor part in Menace. He's a great actor but he would really take any acting gig no matter how bad the script.
"Baby Boy" was hysterically funny. I know it was intended to be a serious Hood drama, but it's so clown-like.
I was a fan of "New Jersey Drive" for obvious reasons, and "Above the Rim" "Trespass" and "Dead Presidents." "New Jack City" is a classic. "South Central" was ok.
Anything written and directed by Spike Lee is complete garbage in my opinion. He's an @sshole racist.
Speaking of racist, Stump, what were your thoughts on "American History X"? I thought Edward Norton did a great job all-around. Very believable WS. It was his best performance since "Primal Fear."
Ha! Samuel had a minor part in Menace. He's a great actor but he would really take any acting gig no matter how bad the script.
"Baby Boy" was hysterically funny. I know it was intended to be a serious Hood drama, but it's so clown-like.
I was a fan of "New Jersey Drive" for obvious reasons, and "Above the Rim" "Trespass" and "Dead Presidents." "New Jack City" is a classic. "South Central" was ok.
Anything written and directed by Spike Lee is complete garbage in my opinion. He's an @sshole racist.
Speaking of racist, Stump, what were your thoughts on "American History X"? I thought Edward Norton did a great job all-around. Very believable WS. It was his best performance since "Primal Fear."
What's great about Sam Jackson, in those early days, even when he had a small role it was memorable. He's in Menace for like 3 minutes in the beginning but it's a great 3 minutes. He had a small role in 'Juice' as well. I was just telling the lady about when he was Gator, the crackhead brother in Jungle Fever (Spike Lee joint). Small role yet he stole the show.
'American History X' was a great movie.
R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
What's great about Sam Jackson, in those early days, even when he had a small role it was memorable. He's in Menace for like 3 minutes in the beginning but it's a great 3 minutes. He had a small role in 'Juice' as well. I was just telling the lady about when he was Gator, the crackhead brother in Jungle Fever (Spike Lee joint). Small role yet he stole the show.
How is Spike racist? I don't follow a lot of media b.s. so is there a comment or some such thing that I missed?
It's not that he's against inter-racial marriage; giving couple's "daggers" when he sees it first-hand, but the latest I heard of him saying something along the lines that White people have ruined his neighborhood when they started moving in to it.
He's a celebrity that can get away with it b/c he's Black. Such a double-standard b/c if a B-level White director said this, he/she would never get another job. I guess you can chalk that up to the White-guilters and the Jewish Liberal Elitists that run/own that Town.
Anyways, he always struck me as a racist. It's the way he portrays Whites and Italians in his movies as evil. "Family Guy" even made a reference to it so I'm not the only one who sees it. It's obvious and it's to the point where it's comical. A lot of hatred towards Whites in his heart.
He threw a little b!tch fit and condemned Samuel when Tarantino wrote and directed "Django Unchained" and "H8teful 8". Jealous much? Tarantino is far from a racist but to this @ssclown a White man shouldn't do a film on slavery.
Phuck that little midget.
Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:
How is Spike racist? I don't follow a lot of media b.s. so is there a comment or some such thing that I missed?
It's not that he's against inter-racial marriage; giving couple's "daggers" when he sees it first-hand, but the latest I heard of him saying something along the lines that White people have ruined his neighborhood when they started moving in to it.
He's a celebrity that can get away with it b/c he's Black. Such a double-standard b/c if a B-level White director said this, he/she would never get another job. I guess you can chalk that up to the White-guilters and the Jewish Liberal Elitists that run/own that Town.
Anyways, he always struck me as a racist. It's the way he portrays Whites and Italians in his movies as evil. "Family Guy" even made a reference to it so I'm not the only one who sees it. It's obvious and it's to the point where it's comical. A lot of hatred towards Whites in his heart.
He threw a little b!tch fit and condemned Samuel when Tarantino wrote and directed "Django Unchained" and "H8teful 8". Jealous much? Tarantino is far from a racist but to this @ssclown a White man shouldn't do a film on slavery.