did the bet go to a one on one or did he set it to to any to collect the share. such as 600.000 set to 1 unit=110 and such 6,000 shares at stake. and allowance for handle?
cause no way that fool can make that trip on a bike in 48 hours.
did the bet go to a one on one or did he set it to to any to collect the share. such as 600.000 set to 1 unit=110 and such 6,000 shares at stake. and allowance for handle?
cause no way that fool can make that trip on a bike in 48 hours.
always been into having a good hard time or a man up experience and took some crazy stunts for a few dollars and a little fun... over the years. dont get me wrong .
but this is not possible for that man
unless he has a tow rope attached to car and hangs on for the climb.
always been into having a good hard time or a man up experience and took some crazy stunts for a few dollars and a little fun... over the years. dont get me wrong .
but this is not possible for that man
unless he has a tow rope attached to car and hangs on for the climb.
I ride 150 miles a week and I'm 57. I live in Los Angeles and drove 266 miles last week to Vegas. I was thinking about how long it would take me to bike this distance, and I am in really good shape. I have rode centuries, but no double centuries, as the people that I know that have said the last 60 miles or so is pure torture and these are trained riders. I think I could do it in three days. There are two climbs of 4000 ft, on the I15, that would destroy someone not really fit. If I had real serious money on it I might be able in two days, given the right weather, and a $5000 Cervelo, or something like it. Plus nutritional support. But just some guy...no way. And I don't think anyone can stay in the saddle for 40+ hrs trying to avg 6 mph.
I ride 150 miles a week and I'm 57. I live in Los Angeles and drove 266 miles last week to Vegas. I was thinking about how long it would take me to bike this distance, and I am in really good shape. I have rode centuries, but no double centuries, as the people that I know that have said the last 60 miles or so is pure torture and these are trained riders. I think I could do it in three days. There are two climbs of 4000 ft, on the I15, that would destroy someone not really fit. If I had real serious money on it I might be able in two days, given the right weather, and a $5000 Cervelo, or something like it. Plus nutritional support. But just some guy...no way. And I don't think anyone can stay in the saddle for 40+ hrs trying to avg 6 mph.
At one point you have to challenge going over the mountains, and this will send anybody riding a bike to the promised land..It' not the 48hrs time window, it's the consistent progression of altitude (approx 120 miles, all uphill) btw: riding a bike on I-15 is prohibited, taking the old route would have to be considered a nightmare for anyone trying to reach LV from L.A. by bike...I am sure somebody somewhere has the stamina to succeed, it's not impossible by any means...
At one point you have to challenge going over the mountains, and this will send anybody riding a bike to the promised land..It' not the 48hrs time window, it's the consistent progression of altitude (approx 120 miles, all uphill) btw: riding a bike on I-15 is prohibited, taking the old route would have to be considered a nightmare for anyone trying to reach LV from L.A. by bike...I am sure somebody somewhere has the stamina to succeed, it's not impossible by any means...
At one point you have to challenge going over the mountains, and this will send anybody riding a bike to the promised land..It' not the 48hrs time window, it's the consistent progression of altitude (approx 120 miles, all uphill) btw: riding a bike on I-15 is prohibited, taking the old route would have to be considered a nightmare for anyone trying to reach LV from L.A. by bike...I am sure somebody somewhere has the stamina to succeed, it's not impossible by any means...
When I thought i could do it in 3 days, I was thinking on the I15. If somehad to do it on frontage, side and state roads, like the 138 and the 58, I am sure it would come to over the stated milage. It would take a very talented amateur or a pro rider to do this.
Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:
At one point you have to challenge going over the mountains, and this will send anybody riding a bike to the promised land..It' not the 48hrs time window, it's the consistent progression of altitude (approx 120 miles, all uphill) btw: riding a bike on I-15 is prohibited, taking the old route would have to be considered a nightmare for anyone trying to reach LV from L.A. by bike...I am sure somebody somewhere has the stamina to succeed, it's not impossible by any means...
When I thought i could do it in 3 days, I was thinking on the I15. If somehad to do it on frontage, side and state roads, like the 138 and the 58, I am sure it would come to over the stated milage. It would take a very talented amateur or a pro rider to do this.
Can you even legally ride a bike on I-15? How else would he even get there? If so, even then, since that guy "Hasn't been on a bike in 18 years", I'm guessing just going up the Cajon Pass would be his undoing. Not to mention that long uphill stretch up to Halloran Summit Road between Baker & Stateline. No way he could keep up the pace.....
this commentary sums it, putting it in proper perspective..
Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:
Can you even legally ride a bike on I-15? How else would he even get there? If so, even then, since that guy "Hasn't been on a bike in 18 years", I'm guessing just going up the Cajon Pass would be his undoing. Not to mention that long uphill stretch up to Halloran Summit Road between Baker & Stateline. No way he could keep up the pace.....
this commentary sums it, putting it in proper perspective..
One thing that would help this guy a lot would be to hire/recruit a "peloton" to bike behind, or bike behind a vehicle. You can save 30% of your energy that way, and it would help him pace himself.
As for the two 4K climbs, he should just walk his bike up those. That would only take 2 hours.
One thing that would help this guy a lot would be to hire/recruit a "peloton" to bike behind, or bike behind a vehicle. You can save 30% of your energy that way, and it would help him pace himself.
As for the two 4K climbs, he should just walk his bike up those. That would only take 2 hours.
The guy has no chance methinks. If it was flat most of the way then maybe, but the climbs of the Cajon pass and Mountain pass will kill him. Even walking up those will destroy him
The guy has no chance methinks. If it was flat most of the way then maybe, but the climbs of the Cajon pass and Mountain pass will kill him. Even walking up those will destroy him
This is a really interesting bet. People talking about recumbent bikes yeah that would be more comfortable but I would think you would sacrifice speed.
Then the mental aspect that the landscape is pretty monotonous and what looks 5 miles away is more like 25. That would be debilitating.
Also, there are certain stretches where there isn't a sufficient shoulder and you would have to take a detour (maybe a dirt road and I'm not sure how out of the way) or likely get hit by a passing vehicle.
I don't think he can do this. There are many things that can go wrong from severe discomfort, dehydration, injury, all the way to plain old tiring out, but for him to succeed in 48hrs nothing can go wrong.
This is a really interesting bet. People talking about recumbent bikes yeah that would be more comfortable but I would think you would sacrifice speed.
Then the mental aspect that the landscape is pretty monotonous and what looks 5 miles away is more like 25. That would be debilitating.
Also, there are certain stretches where there isn't a sufficient shoulder and you would have to take a detour (maybe a dirt road and I'm not sure how out of the way) or likely get hit by a passing vehicle.
I don't think he can do this. There are many things that can go wrong from severe discomfort, dehydration, injury, all the way to plain old tiring out, but for him to succeed in 48hrs nothing can go wrong.
This is a really interesting bet. People talking about recumbent bikes yeah that would be more comfortable but I would think you would sacrifice speed.
Then the mental aspect that the landscape is pretty monotonous and what looks 5 miles away is more like 25. That would be debilitating.
Also, there are certain stretches where there isn't a sufficient shoulder and you would have to take a detour (maybe a dirt road and I'm not sure how out of the way) or likely get hit by a passing vehicle.
I don't think he can do this. There are many things that can go wrong from severe discomfort, dehydration, injury, all the way to plain old tiring out, but for him to succeed in 48hrs nothing can go wrong.
Bilzarian is so filthy rich he'll probably have a fleet of strippers bike with him for ten miles, quit, and then put the pics on Instagram.
I'd consult with Armstrong BEFORE I made such a bet, not after.
But maybe that is what these prop bets are about: spontaneity. Maybe the point is you have to accept right at that moment without researching what you are getting into.
Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:
This is a really interesting bet. People talking about recumbent bikes yeah that would be more comfortable but I would think you would sacrifice speed.
Then the mental aspect that the landscape is pretty monotonous and what looks 5 miles away is more like 25. That would be debilitating.
Also, there are certain stretches where there isn't a sufficient shoulder and you would have to take a detour (maybe a dirt road and I'm not sure how out of the way) or likely get hit by a passing vehicle.
I don't think he can do this. There are many things that can go wrong from severe discomfort, dehydration, injury, all the way to plain old tiring out, but for him to succeed in 48hrs nothing can go wrong.
Bilzarian is so filthy rich he'll probably have a fleet of strippers bike with him for ten miles, quit, and then put the pics on Instagram.
I'd consult with Armstrong BEFORE I made such a bet, not after.
But maybe that is what these prop bets are about: spontaneity. Maybe the point is you have to accept right at that moment without researching what you are getting into.
I'm looking at Bilzarian's Twitter timeline and he didn't even seek out Armstrong's help. Joe Rogan offered it to him since he knows Lance and heard about the bet!
Wow. Nice to have friends in high places!
I'm looking at Bilzarian's Twitter timeline and he didn't even seek out Armstrong's help. Joe Rogan offered it to him since he knows Lance and heard about the bet!
This is a really interesting bet. People talking about recumbent bikes yeah that would be more comfortable but I would think you would sacrifice speed.
Then the mental aspect that the landscape is pretty monotonous and what looks 5 miles away is more like 25. That would be debilitating.
Also, there are certain stretches where there isn't a sufficient shoulder and you would have to take a detour (maybe a dirt road and I'm not sure how out of the way) or likely get hit by a passing vehicle.
I don't think he can do this. There are many things that can go wrong from severe discomfort, dehydration, injury, all the way to plain old tiring out, but for him to succeed in 48hrs nothing can go wrong.
Yep. and there isn't any detours on that long lonely road. not to mention how dark it is at night .
Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:
This is a really interesting bet. People talking about recumbent bikes yeah that would be more comfortable but I would think you would sacrifice speed.
Then the mental aspect that the landscape is pretty monotonous and what looks 5 miles away is more like 25. That would be debilitating.
Also, there are certain stretches where there isn't a sufficient shoulder and you would have to take a detour (maybe a dirt road and I'm not sure how out of the way) or likely get hit by a passing vehicle.
I don't think he can do this. There are many things that can go wrong from severe discomfort, dehydration, injury, all the way to plain old tiring out, but for him to succeed in 48hrs nothing can go wrong.
Yep. and there isn't any detours on that long lonely road. not to mention how dark it is at night .
but he have to buy state police escort for traffic duty.
48 hours at the rate of 4g an hour take a big chunk of the juice but
no other way around is even feasible. flying down route ten side roads to hook north would put on too many miles to even be feasible.
I've seen in my 100s of times on that drive twice some J-off on a bike in the middle of the desert ( on the 15 ) as I passed him at a 100 MPH wondering wtf?
Quote Originally Posted by nature1970:
i dont know what the mans plan is
but he could take route 15
but he have to buy state police escort for traffic duty.
48 hours at the rate of 4g an hour take a big chunk of the juice but
no other way around is even feasible. flying down route ten side roads to hook north would put on too many miles to even be feasible.
I've seen in my 100s of times on that drive twice some J-off on a bike in the middle of the desert ( on the 15 ) as I passed him at a 100 MPH wondering wtf?
its an ongoing challenge believe or now a guy with one leg made a trip from la to boston under a month. they made a movie about it one of those g feel good flicks but the trail has been blazed. so to speak the record stood for about a year but its the holy grail of long distance bikers. .... he avg 120 miles a day for 29 days i think with one leg and a prostetic..... dont know how long it took for that first jag though.
its an ongoing challenge believe or now a guy with one leg made a trip from la to boston under a month. they made a movie about it one of those g feel good flicks but the trail has been blazed. so to speak the record stood for about a year but its the holy grail of long distance bikers. .... he avg 120 miles a day for 29 days i think with one leg and a prostetic..... dont know how long it took for that first jag though.