• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    $600,000 bet to bike from LA to Vegas in 48 hours: Would you make that bet with your own $$$?

    12345 Next Last»
    scalabrine
    thecentaur
    GimmeMoneyNow
    searchwarrant
    nature1970
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 6717
    Posts: 102
    12345 Next Last»
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 2:05 PM ET #1

    https://www.gambling911.com/poker/bilzerian-600k-bet-placed-he-can%E2%80%99t-bike-la-vegas-under-48-hours-021816.html#st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/vMokCvGcUU

    If it's 278 miles, that's 6 miles an hour for 48 hours. That I'd take. I have no idea about the terrain though and then you have weather issues. That would make me balk.

    What will be the predicted outcome of this for those that:

    a) Bike
    b) live out there




    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    https://www.gambling911.com/poker/bilzerian-600k-bet-placed-he-can%E2%80%99t-bike-la-vegas-under-48-hours-021816.html#st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/vMokCvGcUU

    If it's 278 miles, that's 6 miles an hour for 48 hours. That I'd take. I have no idea about the terrain though and then you have weather issues. That would make me balk.

    What will be the predicted outcome of this for those that:

    a) Bike
    b) live out there




     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 2:40 PM ET #2

    LA elevation is 233 ft compared to LV which is over 2000 ft, so overall the ride is uphill. 

    I think the wind is unpredictable but usually negligible, but if you rode on a couple days that 5 mph was in your face I would think that would make a huge difference.

    Weather and temp this time of year shouldn't be a problem

    I think the main problem is who is trying it.  Also, they would have to bring the proper amounts and types of food and liquids, and realize two stretches of long sessions would be a death sentence.  I think the only way it could be done is alternating riding for an hour then resting, stretching, and refueling for an hr.  If you tried to ride 6-8 hrs straight the first day your legs would simply not work the 2nd.


    Reply
    LA elevation is 233 ft compared to LV which is over 2000 ft, so overall the ride is uphill. 

    I think the wind is unpredictable but usually negligible, but if you rode on a couple days that 5 mph was in your face I would think that would make a huge difference.

    Weather and temp this time of year shouldn't be a problem

    I think the main problem is who is trying it.  Also, they would have to bring the proper amounts and types of food and liquids, and realize two stretches of long sessions would be a death sentence.  I think the only way it could be done is alternating riding for an hour then resting, stretching, and refueling for an hr.  If you tried to ride 6-8 hrs straight the first day your legs would simply not work the 2nd.


     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 2:59 PM ET #3

    Can you even legally ride a bike on I-15? How else would he even get there? If so, even then, since that guy "Hasn't been on a bike in 18 years", I'm guessing just going up the Cajon Pass would be his undoing. Not to mention that long uphill stretch up to Halloran Summit Road between Baker & Stateline. No way he could keep up the pace.....
    Reply
    Can you even legally ride a bike on I-15? How else would he even get there? If so, even then, since that guy "Hasn't been on a bike in 18 years", I'm guessing just going up the Cajon Pass would be his undoing. Not to mention that long uphill stretch up to Halloran Summit Road between Baker & Stateline. No way he could keep up the pace.....
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 3:16 PM ET #4

    I'm sprint and hill climb. I'd probably lockup on the flats and cry on the side of the 10 freeway. 
    Reply
    I'm sprint and hill climb. I'd probably lockup on the flats and cry on the side of the 10 freeway. 
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 3:16 PM ET #5

    easy for lance armstrong caliber yes.
    4th grader no
    Reply
    easy for lance armstrong caliber yes.
    4th grader no
     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 3:50 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    https://www.gambling911.com/poker/bilzerian-600k-bet-placed-he-can%E2%80%99t-bike-la-vegas-under-48-hours-021816.html#st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/vMokCvGcUU

    If it's 278 miles, that's 6 miles an hour for 48 hours. That I'd take. I have no idea about the terrain though and then you have weather issues. That would make me balk.

    What will be the predicted outcome of this for those that:

    a) Bike
    b) live out there





    It's definitely going to be tough, especially for someone not trained.  And have you seen his skinny behind legs?  I say no way he finishes it.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    https://www.gambling911.com/poker/bilzerian-600k-bet-placed-he-can%E2%80%99t-bike-la-vegas-under-48-hours-021816.html#st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/vMokCvGcUU

    If it's 278 miles, that's 6 miles an hour for 48 hours. That I'd take. I have no idea about the terrain though and then you have weather issues. That would make me balk.

    What will be the predicted outcome of this for those that:

    a) Bike
    b) live out there





    It's definitely going to be tough, especially for someone not trained.  And have you seen his skinny behind legs?  I say no way he finishes it.
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 4:00 PM ET #7

    up hill till you get past the sierra nevada mountains.

    6 miles an hour for a real biker very do able but no way this clown gets past death valley. in 48 hours. sounds good but without a chase car an acupuncturist and a massage therapist Gatorade by the gallon he doesn't continue past hour 30
    Reply
    up hill till you get past the sierra nevada mountains.

    6 miles an hour for a real biker very do able but no way this clown gets past death valley. in 48 hours. sounds good but without a chase car an acupuncturist and a massage therapist Gatorade by the gallon he doesn't continue past hour 30
     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 4:08 PM ET #8

    Are we being asked if we would bet on the person in the article or ourselves?
    Reply
    Are we being asked if we would bet on the person in the article or ourselves?
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 4:10 PM ET #9

    Good info.

    Based on the responses, he's not gonna be able to do it.

    I haven't biked in many, many years but I am in shape. I would have no idea how to pace myself though. If you are saying that your legs would "not work" on the second day, I highly doubt he can do this.

    But Bilzarian is a nutcase. He would have a van following him with all his water/food/safety needs since that doesn't appear to have been specified.

    And all uphill? Good lord...


    Reply
    Good info.

    Based on the responses, he's not gonna be able to do it.

    I haven't biked in many, many years but I am in shape. I would have no idea how to pace myself though. If you are saying that your legs would "not work" on the second day, I highly doubt he can do this.

    But Bilzarian is a nutcase. He would have a van following him with all his water/food/safety needs since that doesn't appear to have been specified.

    And all uphill? Good lord...


     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 4:11 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:

    Are we being asked if we would bet on the person in the article or ourselves?

    Would YOU take the bet if someone offered you 600k?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:

    Are we being asked if we would bet on the person in the article or ourselves?

    Would YOU take the bet if someone offered you 600k?
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 4:35 PM ET #11

    if it was a challenge i still have to think that leaning no
     about  a bet no way.
     whole life style change . training conditioning preparation around a year. no cigs no drinking just biking 100 miles a day to get time under 12 hours. and then cut that to 8 and then extend it

    even as a challenge i have to pass.
    Reply
    if it was a challenge i still have to think that leaning no
     about  a bet no way.
     whole life style change . training conditioning preparation around a year. no cigs no drinking just biking 100 miles a day to get time under 12 hours. and then cut that to 8 and then extend it

    even as a challenge i have to pass.
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 4:58 PM ET #12

    Assuming that Bilzerian is currently in good 'cardio-shape', he has 6 weeks to get in good 'bike-shape', which to me seems ample. 
    At first thought I liked his chances, but as always, there are other factors. One significant factor is motivation.

    For most (all) of us posting on Covers, $600,000 is enough motivation.
    But I just looked up Bilzerians net worth ... it is 150 million.

    Fur us peons, $600,000 is enough to train every day for this bike ride.
    Bilzerian will probably be not quite as motivated.
    So while I'd be injecting Tiger Blood leading up to the race, he might be drinking scotch and snorting rails off of strippers butts all night.
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    Assuming that Bilzerian is currently in good 'cardio-shape', he has 6 weeks to get in good 'bike-shape', which to me seems ample. 
    At first thought I liked his chances, but as always, there are other factors. One significant factor is motivation.

    For most (all) of us posting on Covers, $600,000 is enough motivation.
    But I just looked up Bilzerians net worth ... it is 150 million.

    Fur us peons, $600,000 is enough to train every day for this bike ride.
    Bilzerian will probably be not quite as motivated.
    So while I'd be injecting Tiger Blood leading up to the race, he might be drinking scotch and snorting rails off of strippers butts all night.
     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 5:26 PM ET #13

    Lance Armstrong couldn't make that ride in June -  August.

    Reply
    Lance Armstrong couldn't make that ride in June -  August.

     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 5:36 PM ET #14

    Just leaving the LA area through the mountains to get to Victorville would be a chore. As the well-named Mountain Pass, the elevation is near 4500 feet. Once you hit Baker, CA, you start the long climb. Also, elevation change in between Barstow and Baker. Once you get to the top of Mountain Pass, you should be able to coast into Jean, NV. Approx 23 miles of no pedaling. You'll need it.
    Reply
    Just leaving the LA area through the mountains to get to Victorville would be a chore. As the well-named Mountain Pass, the elevation is near 4500 feet. Once you hit Baker, CA, you start the long climb. Also, elevation change in between Barstow and Baker. Once you get to the top of Mountain Pass, you should be able to coast into Jean, NV. Approx 23 miles of no pedaling. You'll need it.
     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 5:42 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    Just leaving the LA area through the mountains to get to Victorville would be a chore. As the well-named Mountain Pass, the elevation is near 4500 feet. Once you hit Baker, CA, you start the long climb. Also, elevation change in between Barstow and Baker. Once you get to the top of Mountain Pass, you should be able to coast into Jean, NV. Approx 23 miles of no pedaling. You'll need it.


    if he makes it to the top ( where you can see state line ) hes home free . I say best case they find his dead body near Fat Burger in Barstow .
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    Just leaving the LA area through the mountains to get to Victorville would be a chore. As the well-named Mountain Pass, the elevation is near 4500 feet. Once you hit Baker, CA, you start the long climb. Also, elevation change in between Barstow and Baker. Once you get to the top of Mountain Pass, you should be able to coast into Jean, NV. Approx 23 miles of no pedaling. You'll need it.


    if he makes it to the top ( where you can see state line ) hes home free . I say best case they find his dead body near Fat Burger in Barstow .
     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 5:45 PM ET #16

    * Baker
    Reply
    * Baker
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 6:18 PM ET #17

    the other way would be a pretty sweet deal climb 23 miles and coast apply the break if you got a little rattled....
    Reply
    the other way would be a pretty sweet deal climb 23 miles and coast apply the break if you got a little rattled....
     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 6:30 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:


    Would YOU take the bet if someone offered you 600k?

    I didn't realize there were such steep climbs. I don't drink , do drugs or smoke so I'm not like Bilzerian who has already had 2 or 3 heart attacks I believe.  Granted they were probably drug induced but that still can't be good for your overall heart health

    Extended climbs on a bike are a whole different animal.  I don't even think climbing legs in the Tour de France go more than about 10 miles.  Too many unknowns, I think Bilzerian is fuked

    The one positive is you can break it up however you want.  There is a huge difference physically and psychologically between say doing 250 pushups in one hour or doing them in 10 hrs.  If you try to do that in one hr most people's bodies would fail.  However, if you did 25 per hr, most semi athletic people could do that easily without much physical damage.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:


    Would YOU take the bet if someone offered you 600k?

    I didn't realize there were such steep climbs. I don't drink , do drugs or smoke so I'm not like Bilzerian who has already had 2 or 3 heart attacks I believe.  Granted they were probably drug induced but that still can't be good for your overall heart health

    Extended climbs on a bike are a whole different animal.  I don't even think climbing legs in the Tour de France go more than about 10 miles.  Too many unknowns, I think Bilzerian is fuked

    The one positive is you can break it up however you want.  There is a huge difference physically and psychologically between say doing 250 pushups in one hour or doing them in 10 hrs.  If you try to do that in one hr most people's bodies would fail.  However, if you did 25 per hr, most semi athletic people could do that easily without much physical damage.
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 6:36 PM ET #19

    just a thought but i believe if someone had the nerve that exact set could lead to land speed record on a bike. hit 25th gear and go could easily be at 200-250 miles on a bicycle...
    Reply
    just a thought but i believe if someone had the nerve that exact set could lead to land speed record on a bike. hit 25th gear and go could easily be at 200-250 miles on a bicycle...
     
    dytide
    dytide
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 3329
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 6:39 PM ET #20

    probably only make it as far as Zzyzx Road 
    Reply
    probably only make it as far as Zzyzx Road 
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 6:58 PM ET #21

    VanD, Fatburger hasn't made it to either Baker or Barstow, as far as I know. I did hit the one on Charleston when I stayed at Red Rock. Good stuff
    Reply
    VanD, Fatburger hasn't made it to either Baker or Barstow, as far as I know. I did hit the one on Charleston when I stayed at Red Rock. Good stuff
     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 7:02 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by VanDutch:

    Lance Armstrong couldn't make that ride in June -  August.


    Not during the day, but at night he could do it  .

    This comes down to pacing.  You want to take it easy the first day so you aren't sore the second day, and then you want to try to finish in 47.5 hours.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by VanDutch:

    Lance Armstrong couldn't make that ride in June -  August.


    Not during the day, but at night he could do it  .

    This comes down to pacing.  You want to take it easy the first day so you aren't sore the second day, and then you want to try to finish in 47.5 hours.
     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 7:38 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    VanD, Fatburger hasn't made it to either Baker or Barstow, as far as I know. I did hit the one on Charleston when I stayed at Red Rock. Good stuff


    I stop there every time on my way back from Vegas.   cant resist the Fatburger 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    VanD, Fatburger hasn't made it to either Baker or Barstow, as far as I know. I did hit the one on Charleston when I stayed at Red Rock. Good stuff


    I stop there every time on my way back from Vegas.   cant resist the Fatburger 
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 8:06 PM ET #24

    VD, checked Fatburger website, nothing. Went with 'Fatburger Baker CA'...........bingo!

    Killer is, I've actually stopped there before! Only decent place for a burger since Big Boy left. No way I'm having a burger at Denny's.

    Next time passing through, get some Alien Fresh jerky. It's the best. So good, I've started ordering it online!
    Reply
    VD, checked Fatburger website, nothing. Went with 'Fatburger Baker CA'...........bingo!

    Killer is, I've actually stopped there before! Only decent place for a burger since Big Boy left. No way I'm having a burger at Denny's.

    Next time passing through, get some Alien Fresh jerky. It's the best. So good, I've started ordering it online!
     
     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 8:16 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    VD, checked Fatburger website, nothing. Went with 'Fatburger Baker CA'...........bingo!

    Killer is, I've actually stopped there before! Only decent place for a burger since Big Boy left. No way I'm having a burger at Denny's.

    Next time passing through, get some Alien Fresh jerky. It's the best. So good, I've started ordering it online!



     The Fatburger in Baker is new ( maybe 2 years? ) I never stopped at the Alien place, usually in a hurry or its late at night so its Fatbuger or the Mad Greek then back on the 15 to beat the Fog at the pass ( that garbage is scary ).
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    VD, checked Fatburger website, nothing. Went with 'Fatburger Baker CA'...........bingo!

    Killer is, I've actually stopped there before! Only decent place for a burger since Big Boy left. No way I'm having a burger at Denny's.

    Next time passing through, get some Alien Fresh jerky. It's the best. So good, I've started ordering it online!



     The Fatburger in Baker is new ( maybe 2 years? ) I never stopped at the Alien place, usually in a hurry or its late at night so its Fatbuger or the Mad Greek then back on the 15 to beat the Fog at the pass ( that garbage is scary ).
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12345 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,355
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 435
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,888
    • PART DEUX 150
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 842
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,853
    • Week 6 Money 8,347
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,235
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,238

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.