• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    2023 End of Year Random Thoughts

    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
    FanAmp
    Midnight1
    StumpTownStu
    spockgato
    Daddy_Freddie
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 402
    Posts: 91
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
     
    FanAmp
    FanAmp
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2023
    Posts: 64
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2023 - 3:46 PM ET #51

    In 2023, two major wars have started, and they are still going on. One is in Ukraine and other one is in Gaza. I hope no new wars to start in 2024 and the current wars hopefully will end soon.

    Reply

    In 2023, two major wars have started, and they are still going on. One is in Ukraine and other one is in Gaza. I hope no new wars to start in 2024 and the current wars hopefully will end soon.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2023 - 4:21 PM ET #52

    @FanAmp

     There are more than 30 conflicts taking place at the present time. Unfortunately, we don't hear much about them because they don't impact our daily lives. But I can guarantee you those involved in these disputes have lost their loved ones, their homes & any sense of normalcy. International law is laughed at & corruption is rampant.

    peace_5

    Reply

    @FanAmp

     There are more than 30 conflicts taking place at the present time. Unfortunately, we don't hear much about them because they don't impact our daily lives. But I can guarantee you those involved in these disputes have lost their loved ones, their homes & any sense of normalcy. International law is laughed at & corruption is rampant.

    peace_5

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2023 - 4:54 PM ET #53

    If you are over 50, this may be of interest to you.

    During my annual checkup, I asked my doc why I feel my hands slightly clenched & resting on my chest while I awake in the morning. He told me it's a sense of comfort & a feeling of protection. As we age we revert back to a sense that we are back in our Mom's womb.

    Crazy, huh???

    Reply

    If you are over 50, this may be of interest to you.

    During my annual checkup, I asked my doc why I feel my hands slightly clenched & resting on my chest while I awake in the morning. He told me it's a sense of comfort & a feeling of protection. As we age we revert back to a sense that we are back in our Mom's womb.

    Crazy, huh???

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2023 - 5:39 PM ET #54

    I just watched 2 commercials that made me think WTF?

    A Honda dealer was promoting the fact they would be open on New Year's Day. Do people really go shopping for a car on New Year's Day? I guess they must because the dealer just paid some nice cabbage in the advertising costs.

    The other company was Rooms To Go. They were informing viewers that no interest would be charged until 2028 for their purchases. 2028??? If you haven't paid off your furniture purchase in 4 years, maybe now isn't the time to buy new furnishings.

    Ya think??

    Reply

    I just watched 2 commercials that made me think WTF?

    A Honda dealer was promoting the fact they would be open on New Year's Day. Do people really go shopping for a car on New Year's Day? I guess they must because the dealer just paid some nice cabbage in the advertising costs.

    The other company was Rooms To Go. They were informing viewers that no interest would be charged until 2028 for their purchases. 2028??? If you haven't paid off your furniture purchase in 4 years, maybe now isn't the time to buy new furnishings.

    Ya think??

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2023 - 10:22 PM ET #55

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    I just watched 2 commercials that made me think WTF? A Honda dealer was promoting the fact they would be open on New Year's Day. Do people really go shopping for a car on New Year's Day? I guess they must because the dealer just paid some nice cabbage in the advertising costs. The other company was Rooms To Go. They were informing viewers that no interest would be charged until 2028 for their purchases. 2028??? If you haven't paid off your furniture purchase in 4 years, maybe now isn't the time to buy new furnishings. Ya think??

    I think that's the whole idea. To incentivize people to get it paid off.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    I just watched 2 commercials that made me think WTF? A Honda dealer was promoting the fact they would be open on New Year's Day. Do people really go shopping for a car on New Year's Day? I guess they must because the dealer just paid some nice cabbage in the advertising costs. The other company was Rooms To Go. They were informing viewers that no interest would be charged until 2028 for their purchases. 2028??? If you haven't paid off your furniture purchase in 4 years, maybe now isn't the time to buy new furnishings. Ya think??

    I think that's the whole idea. To incentivize people to get it paid off.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 22, 2023 - 10:18 AM ET #56

    Dolphins punter Jake Bailey got engaged to his girlfriend Bailey Medeiros this week.

    Yup, her name will become Bailey Bailey.

    cool

    Reply

    Dolphins punter Jake Bailey got engaged to his girlfriend Bailey Medeiros this week.

    Yup, her name will become Bailey Bailey.

    cool

     
    spockgato
    spockgato
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 15326
    Posted: Dec. 22, 2023 - 1:06 PM ET #57

    If you cropdust somebody with that evil kind of sinister fart puff and poopy smoke , and that person goes into a coughing fit , and has a pre-existing medical condition , and they die from it , can you be charged with anything ?

    wallstreetcappers craps in his draws and pees fuckin backwards from his vaj with a squirt.
    Reply

    If you cropdust somebody with that evil kind of sinister fart puff and poopy smoke , and that person goes into a coughing fit , and has a pre-existing medical condition , and they die from it , can you be charged with anything ?

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2023 - 1:45 AM ET #58

    As I get one day closer to the age of 60, I have learned to FINALLY accept the fact that if I can't control it, let it go.

    It's funny how if you were in public with holes in your pants when I was a child, they thought your family was poor. These days holes in your pants are a fashion statement.

    Can I just once walk into a business and not see cups, jars, bowls, or something with the word "TIPS" on it? 

    Will people if they are wrong or make a mistake just acknowledge it and move on with life instead of trying to argue with you for fifteen minutes about how they are right?

    How come wars start over religion but never end because of it? 

     

     

    Reply

    As I get one day closer to the age of 60, I have learned to FINALLY accept the fact that if I can't control it, let it go.

    It's funny how if you were in public with holes in your pants when I was a child, they thought your family was poor. These days holes in your pants are a fashion statement.

    Can I just once walk into a business and not see cups, jars, bowls, or something with the word "TIPS" on it? 

    Will people if they are wrong or make a mistake just acknowledge it and move on with life instead of trying to argue with you for fifteen minutes about how they are right?

    How come wars start over religion but never end because of it? 

     

     

     
    BIGDTITLE
    BIGDTITLE
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 26914
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2023 - 2:53 AM ET #59

    Quote Originally Posted by benhogan76:

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: @StumpTownStu  Stu, I'm a sucker for women with high cheekbones & long legs resulting in Carol Burnett. She wasn't stroke material because that was for Puerto Rican singer/dancer Iris Chacon back in the day.   Check out Travolta dancing with Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction. You can feel the sexual tension between them. We don't go to may Christmas parties anymore but the thought of "double-dipping" came into my cranium the other day. Double-dipping is when someone takes a bite out of a chip or stalk of celery after dipping it in sauce/onion dip  & re dips the item after having it already in their mouths. The concept was made famous in a Seinfeld episode. Regarding math, Algebra & I were not friends. College Algebra was even worse. I started capping ponies when I was 16 & working with the numbers helped me later in life. Shit, that concern was gone when some genius developed the calculator. First time someone pointed a gun at me was in Nam & I almost shit my pants. Thank God my sergeant took care of the issue. Flight was never a consideration.  On Sunday mornings after church, the family would sit for breakfast which included warm Kaiser rolls, bacon, eggs, sausages, OJ & coffee polished off with fresh donuts. I was a bacon/sausages/OJ guy. Eggs have always looked slimly to me & scrambled eggs looked like rubber to me. I even pick out the pieces of egg in pork fried rice. I don't like drinking anything warm but I've had a hot chocolate probably less tha n 5 times in my life Stu, I want to thank you for a normal conversation which is rare in these forums. I hope you have a peaceful & wonderful holiday with your wife & extended family.A fried egg on a hamburger is a life altering experience.

     

    facts

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by benhogan76:

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1: @StumpTownStu  Stu, I'm a sucker for women with high cheekbones & long legs resulting in Carol Burnett. She wasn't stroke material because that was for Puerto Rican singer/dancer Iris Chacon back in the day.   Check out Travolta dancing with Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction. You can feel the sexual tension between them. We don't go to may Christmas parties anymore but the thought of "double-dipping" came into my cranium the other day. Double-dipping is when someone takes a bite out of a chip or stalk of celery after dipping it in sauce/onion dip  & re dips the item after having it already in their mouths. The concept was made famous in a Seinfeld episode. Regarding math, Algebra & I were not friends. College Algebra was even worse. I started capping ponies when I was 16 & working with the numbers helped me later in life. Shit, that concern was gone when some genius developed the calculator. First time someone pointed a gun at me was in Nam & I almost shit my pants. Thank God my sergeant took care of the issue. Flight was never a consideration.  On Sunday mornings after church, the family would sit for breakfast which included warm Kaiser rolls, bacon, eggs, sausages, OJ & coffee polished off with fresh donuts. I was a bacon/sausages/OJ guy. Eggs have always looked slimly to me & scrambled eggs looked like rubber to me. I even pick out the pieces of egg in pork fried rice. I don't like drinking anything warm but I've had a hot chocolate probably less tha n 5 times in my life Stu, I want to thank you for a normal conversation which is rare in these forums. I hope you have a peaceful & wonderful holiday with your wife & extended family.A fried egg on a hamburger is a life altering experience.

     

    facts

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2023 - 11:37 AM ET #60

    @Daddy_Freddie

     Don't mind the tip jars because I tip who I want to to tip. Totally agree on your wars/religion comment.

    Reply

    @Daddy_Freddie

     Don't mind the tip jars because I tip who I want to to tip. Totally agree on your wars/religion comment.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2023 - 6:51 PM ET #61

    A friend of ours in Michigan wants to go on an iguana hunt & fish for peacock bass with a guide down here in SFLA. I can set him up for the peacock bass with a great guide but I've never heard of an iguana hunt. I know there are people who will help get these pesky critters out of you backyard but this is a coordinated hunt.

    Better yet, you can purchase a "Iguana Cook Book" written by good ole boy Big Daddy Chuck.

    You Can't Make This Stuff Up!

    Reply

    A friend of ours in Michigan wants to go on an iguana hunt & fish for peacock bass with a guide down here in SFLA. I can set him up for the peacock bass with a great guide but I've never heard of an iguana hunt. I know there are people who will help get these pesky critters out of you backyard but this is a coordinated hunt.

    Better yet, you can purchase a "Iguana Cook Book" written by good ole boy Big Daddy Chuck.

    You Can't Make This Stuff Up!

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2023 - 6:57 PM ET #62

    Here's an Amazon review of Big Daddy Chuck's iguana cookbook...

    "I want this book removed from Amazon. Iguanas make great pets you might as well have a hunting and cooking your pet dog and cat, hamster, etc.."

    an_roll_laugh

    Reply

    Here's an Amazon review of Big Daddy Chuck's iguana cookbook...

    "I want this book removed from Amazon. Iguanas make great pets you might as well have a hunting and cooking your pet dog and cat, hamster, etc.."

    an_roll_laugh

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2023 - 8:19 PM ET #63

    Both my parents are in heaven but I could never see my Mom with another man other than my Dad. But I could see my Dad with another woman other than my Mom.

    I realize it's a double standard but I believe there are others in this forum that feel the same way.

    Reply

    Both my parents are in heaven but I could never see my Mom with another man other than my Dad. But I could see my Dad with another woman other than my Mom.

    I realize it's a double standard but I believe there are others in this forum that feel the same way.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2023 - 9:06 PM ET #64

    Having worked near The Village in NYC for almost a decade, I'm easily enamored by head shops.  A new shop opened in our conservative town & I had to visit it. Nice small clean shop & I bought 2 roach clips for $5 a piece. Before leaving, I mentioned to the chic behind the counter about having trouble getting screens out of pipe. Easy solution...boil the pipe & the screen comes dislodged along with a nice amount of THC. This reminded me of the head shop I first visited in SFLA in 74.

     

    In the spring of 74, I learned about Spring Break in Fort. Lauderdale. I walked into a head shop on A1A to look around for something new/different. I saw a tiny harmonica & the guy came over to tell how the instrument was used & it wouldn't be for playing music. He proceeds to tell me about using it on the opposite sex while performing oral on your partner. He said the soothing vibration properly used would bring immediate climax to your lady. I started to leave & he said "5 bucks buddy, you can't go wrong." He made a sale & tried to sell be a corresponding chain but I told him I didn't need it.

    That weekend I got my 1st chance to use it. At first the lady thought it was kinky until I hit her G-spot. She clamped her legs so tight around my neck, I almost swallowed the damn harmonica. I went back to the head shop on the beach the following weekend & the dude remembered me saying "Did you come back for the chain?"

    He knew exactly what happened to me.

    Reply

    Having worked near The Village in NYC for almost a decade, I'm easily enamored by head shops.  A new shop opened in our conservative town & I had to visit it. Nice small clean shop & I bought 2 roach clips for $5 a piece. Before leaving, I mentioned to the chic behind the counter about having trouble getting screens out of pipe. Easy solution...boil the pipe & the screen comes dislodged along with a nice amount of THC. This reminded me of the head shop I first visited in SFLA in 74.

     

    In the spring of 74, I learned about Spring Break in Fort. Lauderdale. I walked into a head shop on A1A to look around for something new/different. I saw a tiny harmonica & the guy came over to tell how the instrument was used & it wouldn't be for playing music. He proceeds to tell me about using it on the opposite sex while performing oral on your partner. He said the soothing vibration properly used would bring immediate climax to your lady. I started to leave & he said "5 bucks buddy, you can't go wrong." He made a sale & tried to sell be a corresponding chain but I told him I didn't need it.

    That weekend I got my 1st chance to use it. At first the lady thought it was kinky until I hit her G-spot. She clamped her legs so tight around my neck, I almost swallowed the damn harmonica. I went back to the head shop on the beach the following weekend & the dude remembered me saying "Did you come back for the chain?"

    He knew exactly what happened to me.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2023 - 5:00 PM ET #65

    It would be utopia if we cared about each other all year long & not just on special holidays. Here's a very simple thing you can do for your fellow man.

    Every time you hear fire engine alarms or police sirens or an ambulance coming, stop and say 3 quick prayers.

    First say a prayer for the people in trouble who need assistance. The 2nd prayer is for the safety of our first responders as they race to to those in need. Lastly, a prayer for all the families involved.

    Imagine doing it & telling others to do the same. You'll never know if you or a loved would ever need prayers from people they don't even know.

    peace_5  

    Reply

    It would be utopia if we cared about each other all year long & not just on special holidays. Here's a very simple thing you can do for your fellow man.

    Every time you hear fire engine alarms or police sirens or an ambulance coming, stop and say 3 quick prayers.

    First say a prayer for the people in trouble who need assistance. The 2nd prayer is for the safety of our first responders as they race to to those in need. Lastly, a prayer for all the families involved.

    Imagine doing it & telling others to do the same. You'll never know if you or a loved would ever need prayers from people they don't even know.

    peace_5  

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2023 - 11:28 AM ET #66

    In life, I'll take street smarts over book smarts.

    Street smarts has helped keep me alive. An algebra book, not so much. 

    Reply

    In life, I'll take street smarts over book smarts.

    Street smarts has helped keep me alive. An algebra book, not so much. 

     
    spockgato
    spockgato
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 15326
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2023 - 6:16 PM ET #67

    The phone is the new dick cuz any chance they get motherfuckers be playing with it peace_5

    people don’t know how to talk and have conversations anymore . It’s weird as fuck to me .

    wallstreetcappers craps in his draws and pees fuckin backwards from his vaj with a squirt.
    Reply

    The phone is the new dick cuz any chance they get motherfuckers be playing with it peace_5

    people don’t know how to talk and have conversations anymore . It’s weird as fuck to me .

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2023 - 8:51 PM ET #68

    Growing up my Mom had a small statue of baby Jesus on top of the fridge & this is where the mystery begins.

    There were 4 of us growing up with my brother being the oldest, then my sister (she's a speech therapist who taught Sidney Poitier's daughter how to roll her R's), me & my little sister. During the summer we would go in & out of the apartment all day long getting baseball gloves or skate keys or something to drink. One night after dinner (yeah, we ate dinner together back then), Moms wanted us to fess up as to who kept turning the baby Jesus statue towards the wall. She told us it was very disrespectful & she wanted it to stop.

    The next day she had the same discussion with us after dinner because the statue was again facing the wall. And until someone fessed up, none of us were going out after dinner. I convinced my little sister to admit that she was doing it so we could all go out to play. Nah, Mom's wasn't picking up what I was putting down because my sister was too small to reach the top of the fridge. So we were all stuck in the apartment until my father came home from bowling & the mystery was solved.

    Pops opened the fridge  for a can of Tab which had to be the worst soft drink ever created. Then we all saw it...

    When the refrigerator door was closed, the statue vibrated and moved slightly. Close the door again & again it moved. By the end of the day with 4 kids opening/closing the refrigerator door, the statue continued to turn until it was facing the wall right around dinner time.

    Mystery solved....

    an_clap

    Reply

    Growing up my Mom had a small statue of baby Jesus on top of the fridge & this is where the mystery begins.

    There were 4 of us growing up with my brother being the oldest, then my sister (she's a speech therapist who taught Sidney Poitier's daughter how to roll her R's), me & my little sister. During the summer we would go in & out of the apartment all day long getting baseball gloves or skate keys or something to drink. One night after dinner (yeah, we ate dinner together back then), Moms wanted us to fess up as to who kept turning the baby Jesus statue towards the wall. She told us it was very disrespectful & she wanted it to stop.

    The next day she had the same discussion with us after dinner because the statue was again facing the wall. And until someone fessed up, none of us were going out after dinner. I convinced my little sister to admit that she was doing it so we could all go out to play. Nah, Mom's wasn't picking up what I was putting down because my sister was too small to reach the top of the fridge. So we were all stuck in the apartment until my father came home from bowling & the mystery was solved.

    Pops opened the fridge  for a can of Tab which had to be the worst soft drink ever created. Then we all saw it...

    When the refrigerator door was closed, the statue vibrated and moved slightly. Close the door again & again it moved. By the end of the day with 4 kids opening/closing the refrigerator door, the statue continued to turn until it was facing the wall right around dinner time.

    Mystery solved....

    an_clap

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2023 - 10:12 PM ET #69

    @Midnight1

     Shaggy and Scooby were most definitely stoners and weren't doing any damn super sleuthing. I struggle to remember is those two ever contributed anything to solving a mystery that wasn't accidental.

    There's a guy on YouTube from somewhere in South Florida who's business is taking out iguanas with a high powered pellet rifle in places like school grounds and gold courses. Some big ones sometimes.

    I'm blown away by the fact that you smoke weed, bro. Screens? Are you still using a metal pipe? We need to change that.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    @Midnight1

     Shaggy and Scooby were most definitely stoners and weren't doing any damn super sleuthing. I struggle to remember is those two ever contributed anything to solving a mystery that wasn't accidental.

    There's a guy on YouTube from somewhere in South Florida who's business is taking out iguanas with a high powered pellet rifle in places like school grounds and gold courses. Some big ones sometimes.

    I'm blown away by the fact that you smoke weed, bro. Screens? Are you still using a metal pipe? We need to change that.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2023 - 10:54 PM ET #70

    @StumpTownStu

     Stu, I have a ceramic one hitter that is my favorite but this afternoon I rolled a few blunts for those elongated sessions of relaxation. The one hitter is great when the ponies leave the gate & head down the stretch.

    Been smoking weed since I was 15, stopped throughout my working career & picked it back up when we returned to SFLA in 2006. Most of the stuff I've shared in this thread has been with a nice buzz. It's relaxing & puts me in a reflective sense of sharing stuff I've experienced. Like when I'd go to the dog track & box 135. I played those numbers ever since a truck almost ran me off the road on I-95, The last thing I saw was the truck's license plate ...ACE-135. 

    Miami Beach had budgeted 50k for iguana hunters in 2021 & raised it to 200k last year in their budget. They harvest these fuckers & sell the ground up meat to charter boats for chum or to the many Caribbean folks who have settled in SFLA.

    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

     Stu, I have a ceramic one hitter that is my favorite but this afternoon I rolled a few blunts for those elongated sessions of relaxation. The one hitter is great when the ponies leave the gate & head down the stretch.

    Been smoking weed since I was 15, stopped throughout my working career & picked it back up when we returned to SFLA in 2006. Most of the stuff I've shared in this thread has been with a nice buzz. It's relaxing & puts me in a reflective sense of sharing stuff I've experienced. Like when I'd go to the dog track & box 135. I played those numbers ever since a truck almost ran me off the road on I-95, The last thing I saw was the truck's license plate ...ACE-135. 

    Miami Beach had budgeted 50k for iguana hunters in 2021 & raised it to 200k last year in their budget. They harvest these fuckers & sell the ground up meat to charter boats for chum or to the many Caribbean folks who have settled in SFLA.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2023 - 6:49 PM ET #71

    If you are looking to help others before the end of the year, I highly recommend donating to your local Meals On Wheels program. Volunteers pack meals for delivery to home bound seniors over the age of 60. I've delivered meals & the smiles of recipients will knock your socks off.

    If you don't have time to volunteer (meals are delivered 3 times a week including enough for the weekend), consider writing a check to help the program in your neck of the woods.

    peace_5


     

     

    Reply

    If you are looking to help others before the end of the year, I highly recommend donating to your local Meals On Wheels program. Volunteers pack meals for delivery to home bound seniors over the age of 60. I've delivered meals & the smiles of recipients will knock your socks off.

    If you don't have time to volunteer (meals are delivered 3 times a week including enough for the weekend), consider writing a check to help the program in your neck of the woods.

    peace_5


     

     

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2023 - 9:28 PM ET #72

    “There's nothing weak about kindness and compassion. There's nothing weak about looking out for others. There's nothing weak about being honorable. You're not a sucker to have integrity and to treat others with respect.” —Barack Obama, 2019

    an_clap

    Reply

    “There's nothing weak about kindness and compassion. There's nothing weak about looking out for others. There's nothing weak about being honorable. You're not a sucker to have integrity and to treat others with respect.” —Barack Obama, 2019

    an_clap

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2023 - 1:42 AM ET #73

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    “There's nothing weak about kindness and compassion. There's nothing weak about looking out for others. There's nothing weak about being honorable. You're not a sucker to have integrity and to treat others with respect.” —Barack Obama, 2019

    I can't believe you don't like eggs, man. I get it. They're a little weird. They're so good though and a great source of protein.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    “There's nothing weak about kindness and compassion. There's nothing weak about looking out for others. There's nothing weak about being honorable. You're not a sucker to have integrity and to treat others with respect.” —Barack Obama, 2019

    I can't believe you don't like eggs, man. I get it. They're a little weird. They're so good though and a great source of protein.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2023 - 11:53 AM ET #74

    I've been stitched up a number of times in my life & most have been absorbable which are absorbed naturally by the body as the wound heals. 

    This morning I had the monofilament sutures removed from a recent surgery & it hurt like a bastard. There were 16 stitches & each one removed hurt like a mofo. Every time the doc removed one, my legs reacted with a brief spasm. 

    Glad that shit is over with for now.

    Reply

    I've been stitched up a number of times in my life & most have been absorbable which are absorbed naturally by the body as the wound heals. 

    This morning I had the monofilament sutures removed from a recent surgery & it hurt like a bastard. There were 16 stitches & each one removed hurt like a mofo. Every time the doc removed one, my legs reacted with a brief spasm. 

    Glad that shit is over with for now.

     
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2023 - 1:56 PM ET #75

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    I've been stitched up a number of times in my life & most have been absorbable which are absorbed naturally by the body as the wound heals.  This morning I had the monofilament sutures removed from a recent surgery & it hurt like a bastard. There were 16 stitches & each one removed hurt like a mofo. Every time the doc removed one, my legs reacted with a brief spasm.  Glad that shit is over with for now.

    Yeah, if a would is to big or in a spot where they really need to pull you together tightly to hold, i.e. spots with not a lot of skin, etc, to grab, they still have to go old school.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    I've been stitched up a number of times in my life & most have been absorbable which are absorbed naturally by the body as the wound heals.  This morning I had the monofilament sutures removed from a recent surgery & it hurt like a bastard. There were 16 stitches & each one removed hurt like a mofo. Every time the doc removed one, my legs reacted with a brief spasm.  Glad that shit is over with for now.

    Yeah, if a would is to big or in a spot where they really need to pull you together tightly to hold, i.e. spots with not a lot of skin, etc, to grab, they still have to go old school.

    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,672
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,311
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,051
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,766
    • MLB Playoffs 5,365
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,445
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 7,355
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 5,227
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,298
    • Week 5 Money 11,135

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.