• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    2023 End of Year Random Thoughts

    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
    Midnight1
    StumpTownStu
    spockgato
    Sidehatch
    ZiggyDawg
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 402
    Posts: 91
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2023 - 6:19 PM ET #26

    Homeless Americans are making their annual migration to South Florida & are arriving at the Greyhound bus station in Fort. Lauderdale.

    It's a very sad sight & it seems like our homeless are getting younger & younger.

    Or maybe I'm just getting older.

    Better yet, maybe both are true.

    Reply

    Homeless Americans are making their annual migration to South Florida & are arriving at the Greyhound bus station in Fort. Lauderdale.

    It's a very sad sight & it seems like our homeless are getting younger & younger.

    Or maybe I'm just getting older.

    Better yet, maybe both are true.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2023 - 7:05 PM ET #27

    I forgot to change the channel & now the Sound of Music is on & will be on until it's over. My wife is already comfortable in her chair. Damn!

    Hey Stu, I think Julie Andrews is sexy too!!!

    Reply

    I forgot to change the channel & now the Sound of Music is on & will be on until it's over. My wife is already comfortable in her chair. Damn!

    Hey Stu, I think Julie Andrews is sexy too!!!

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2023 - 9:50 AM ET #28

    It's been my experience that most women prefer a man with a good sense of humor rather than a guy with just a big dick.

    Fortunately, I have both.

    Reply

    It's been my experience that most women prefer a man with a good sense of humor rather than a guy with just a big dick.

    Fortunately, I have both.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2023 - 10:38 AM ET #29

    We just signed the petition to put abortion rights on the 2024 Florida Voting Ballot.

    With Hard Rock now providing craps/roulette/blackjack as well as sports betting, South Florida has become the most complete vacation destination in our country. Beautiful beaches, great restaurants, great concerts, beautiful weather, great fishing, cruise destinations, international airports & major league sports are just a few of the things visitors can choose to enjoy. And don't forget the Mouse Kingdom in Orlando.

    The Coast Guard is doing a fantastic job of catching boats attempting to bring drugs into the country. Almost daily we hear about seizures taking place & scumbags hauled off to jail. Well done! 

    Reply

    We just signed the petition to put abortion rights on the 2024 Florida Voting Ballot.

    With Hard Rock now providing craps/roulette/blackjack as well as sports betting, South Florida has become the most complete vacation destination in our country. Beautiful beaches, great restaurants, great concerts, beautiful weather, great fishing, cruise destinations, international airports & major league sports are just a few of the things visitors can choose to enjoy. And don't forget the Mouse Kingdom in Orlando.

    The Coast Guard is doing a fantastic job of catching boats attempting to bring drugs into the country. Almost daily we hear about seizures taking place & scumbags hauled off to jail. Well done! 

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2023 - 11:23 AM ET #30

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    I forgot to change the channel & now the Sound of Music is on & will be on until it's over. My wife is already comfortable in her chair. Damn! Hey Stu, I think Julie Andrews is sexy too!!!

    Of course you do. She looks like Carol Burnett in a weird way though Julie Andrews is conventionally hotter but the duchess or whatever that the dad was seeing was definitely hotter than Andrews.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    I forgot to change the channel & now the Sound of Music is on & will be on until it's over. My wife is already comfortable in her chair. Damn! Hey Stu, I think Julie Andrews is sexy too!!!

    Of course you do. She looks like Carol Burnett in a weird way though Julie Andrews is conventionally hotter but the duchess or whatever that the dad was seeing was definitely hotter than Andrews.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2023 - 1:03 PM ET #31

    Went out to get a couple of 5 Guys burgers & I received confirmation that the snowbirds have officially arrived.

    A car from Quebec and a car from Massachusetts collided in the intersection at the main artery of our town.

    Welcome to South Florida!

    Now move your fucking cars so I can get lunch!  

    Reply

    Went out to get a couple of 5 Guys burgers & I received confirmation that the snowbirds have officially arrived.

    A car from Quebec and a car from Massachusetts collided in the intersection at the main artery of our town.

    Welcome to South Florida!

    Now move your fucking cars so I can get lunch!  

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2023 - 3:20 PM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Went out to get a couple of 5 Guys burgers & I received confirmation that the snowbirds have officially arrived. A car from Quebec and a car from Massachusetts collided in the intersection at the main artery of our town. Welcome to South Florida! Now move your fucking cars so I can get lunch!

    new_laugh_cry

    I was going to ask if you guys called the homeless snowbirds, which would be kind of cruel but they are snowbirds in much the same way.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Went out to get a couple of 5 Guys burgers & I received confirmation that the snowbirds have officially arrived. A car from Quebec and a car from Massachusetts collided in the intersection at the main artery of our town. Welcome to South Florida! Now move your fucking cars so I can get lunch!

    new_laugh_cry

    I was going to ask if you guys called the homeless snowbirds, which would be kind of cruel but they are snowbirds in much the same way.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2023 - 4:47 PM ET #33

    @StumpTownStu

     We can differentiate local homeless from snowbird homeless.

    Out locals are distinguished by their worn tan leathery skin as opposed to the ghostly white colored legs/arms/shirtless chests of the snowbird invaders.

    South Floridians that own businesses welcome the gray nomads while despising the homeless seeking warm winter weather. From a simple economic point of view, they add nothing but take whatever they can get. 

    It's nowhere near as bad a big cities like NYC, San Fran etc. & the homeless normally make it back home around April with the the senior adventurers.

    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

     We can differentiate local homeless from snowbird homeless.

    Out locals are distinguished by their worn tan leathery skin as opposed to the ghostly white colored legs/arms/shirtless chests of the snowbird invaders.

    South Floridians that own businesses welcome the gray nomads while despising the homeless seeking warm winter weather. From a simple economic point of view, they add nothing but take whatever they can get. 

    It's nowhere near as bad a big cities like NYC, San Fran etc. & the homeless normally make it back home around April with the the senior adventurers.

     
    spockgato
    spockgato
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 15326
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2023 - 10:40 AM ET #34

    Jeez where do I start .

    Fuckin’ Aliens man they’re coming …..

    and it’ll make everything else seem about as troublesome as bellybutton lint to a person that has arthritis in their fingers when they’re having a real hard time reaching in there deep to get that last piece that’s nestled in the darkest and most desolate corners of that body hole ……

    that’s tangled up with like 8 pubic looking hairs and tufts of random cotton from the shirts worn by that person over the course of the last week .

    that kind of trouble , angst , and stress involved in excavating that old stinky bellybutton lint will pale in comparison .

    believe it .

    wallstreetcappers craps in his draws and pees fuckin backwards from his vaj with a squirt.
    Reply

    Jeez where do I start .

    Fuckin’ Aliens man they’re coming …..

    and it’ll make everything else seem about as troublesome as bellybutton lint to a person that has arthritis in their fingers when they’re having a real hard time reaching in there deep to get that last piece that’s nestled in the darkest and most desolate corners of that body hole ……

    that’s tangled up with like 8 pubic looking hairs and tufts of random cotton from the shirts worn by that person over the course of the last week .

    that kind of trouble , angst , and stress involved in excavating that old stinky bellybutton lint will pale in comparison .

    believe it .

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2023 - 11:05 AM ET #35

    @spockgato

     What the fuck are you talking about?

    Never mind. It's not important!

    Reply

    @spockgato

     What the fuck are you talking about?

    Never mind. It's not important!

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2023 - 11:33 AM ET #36

    Something that has caught my eye & still baffles me.

    Watch the remaining football games & inevitably you will see a player get dinged or his bell rung. While being helped off the filed to the sidelines, teammates will try to console him with taps on his helmet.

    Pats on the ass are more appropriate than possibly re-ringing the bell sounding off again inside the dude's helmet with the additional touching of his noggin.

    Reply

    Something that has caught my eye & still baffles me.

    Watch the remaining football games & inevitably you will see a player get dinged or his bell rung. While being helped off the filed to the sidelines, teammates will try to console him with taps on his helmet.

    Pats on the ass are more appropriate than possibly re-ringing the bell sounding off again inside the dude's helmet with the additional touching of his noggin.

     
    spockgato
    spockgato
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 15326
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2023 - 11:48 AM ET #37

    And hypocrisy ? Damn yo , don’t even light my fire on that one , and if you do , give me some peyote ,  and call me Jim Morrison , and then please tell wallstreet to pick me up at the airport because I’ll be headed to the Arizona desert to intermingle amongst the gods of whatever dimensions are layered over this one …..

    to contemplate the ills of society even further than I do now , just so that I can see if I can rectify the problems that persist with the “ know it all hobgoblins “ that think they are above the chastising and scrutinization of their actions just because their fearful thought processes tell them falsely that …….

    that’s the way that things should manifest themselves .

    because I’m a rider on the storm son , and the weather is getting a little too rough for the common folk out there . I can see it .

    also another random thought : were scooby doo and shaggy really potheads or were they always hungry because they needed a lot of extra energy to do all that teenage supersleuthing ?

    hmmmmmm …….. the mysteries of it all midnight . It leaves me captivated ……and with the munchies .

    wallstreetcappers craps in his draws and pees fuckin backwards from his vaj with a squirt.
    Reply

    And hypocrisy ? Damn yo , don’t even light my fire on that one , and if you do , give me some peyote ,  and call me Jim Morrison , and then please tell wallstreet to pick me up at the airport because I’ll be headed to the Arizona desert to intermingle amongst the gods of whatever dimensions are layered over this one …..

    to contemplate the ills of society even further than I do now , just so that I can see if I can rectify the problems that persist with the “ know it all hobgoblins “ that think they are above the chastising and scrutinization of their actions just because their fearful thought processes tell them falsely that …….

    that’s the way that things should manifest themselves .

    because I’m a rider on the storm son , and the weather is getting a little too rough for the common folk out there . I can see it .

    also another random thought : were scooby doo and shaggy really potheads or were they always hungry because they needed a lot of extra energy to do all that teenage supersleuthing ?

    hmmmmmm …….. the mysteries of it all midnight . It leaves me captivated ……and with the munchies .

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2023 - 2:35 PM ET #38

    During the holidays surrounded by family & friends here's a little teaser to share with them & see if they can repeat the statement. You can only say it twice & they won't understand what you said the first time. You can also do it to your smartass brother in law after he's had a few drinks. Here we go...

    MISSISSIPPI gave MISSOURI her NEW JERSEY. What did DELAWARE? IDAHO, ALASKA.

    Most people will stumble & not being able to repeat it. I'd give them about 10 seconds to repeat it but not much longer than that. I'd be interested to hear any results. KidS between 10 to 15 will get a real kick out of as well grandparents who will think it's pretty cool.

    Have fun with it!

    Reply

    During the holidays surrounded by family & friends here's a little teaser to share with them & see if they can repeat the statement. You can only say it twice & they won't understand what you said the first time. You can also do it to your smartass brother in law after he's had a few drinks. Here we go...

    MISSISSIPPI gave MISSOURI her NEW JERSEY. What did DELAWARE? IDAHO, ALASKA.

    Most people will stumble & not being able to repeat it. I'd give them about 10 seconds to repeat it but not much longer than that. I'd be interested to hear any results. KidS between 10 to 15 will get a real kick out of as well grandparents who will think it's pretty cool.

    Have fun with it!

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2023 - 7:44 PM ET #39

    We have 6 days to do something nice for someone we don't even know.

    Yesterday, I had a loser in Western Kentucky +4.5 until they came back to win. I decided to take that hundy & pay the grocery bill for someone at our local Publix store. I'm not going to miss the money & hopefully it will help out someone in need.

    I'm going to pick a random person, stand in line behind them & when they checkout, I'll pickup the tab. Real simple. Anyone in these forums can do the same thing. So...

    JUST DO IT!

    Reply

    We have 6 days to do something nice for someone we don't even know.

    Yesterday, I had a loser in Western Kentucky +4.5 until they came back to win. I decided to take that hundy & pay the grocery bill for someone at our local Publix store. I'm not going to miss the money & hopefully it will help out someone in need.

    I'm going to pick a random person, stand in line behind them & when they checkout, I'll pickup the tab. Real simple. Anyone in these forums can do the same thing. So...

    JUST DO IT!

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2023 - 9:05 PM ET #40

    And Virginia goes UNDER again.

    an_getaway

    Reply

    And Virginia goes UNDER again.

    an_getaway

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2023 - 9:48 PM ET #41

    In 87 my sister visited me in Florida & we went fishing for sharks. She caught a 5 foot golden hammerhead that weighed 40 pounds. They don't usually grow that big. So we took pictures & released it. The taxidermist was able to create a mold from the pictures so I had it mounted for her birthday. She's had it in her home ever since.

    She's in the process of downsizing & was going to give it to the bar owner where she plays in poker tournaments. Another card player heard of the fish & asked if he could have. She said he's a nice guy & gave it to him.

    Now my question is "What kind of degenerate wants to have a mounted fish in his house THAT HE DID'T CATCH!

    Whatta fucktard!

     

    Reply

    In 87 my sister visited me in Florida & we went fishing for sharks. She caught a 5 foot golden hammerhead that weighed 40 pounds. They don't usually grow that big. So we took pictures & released it. The taxidermist was able to create a mold from the pictures so I had it mounted for her birthday. She's had it in her home ever since.

    She's in the process of downsizing & was going to give it to the bar owner where she plays in poker tournaments. Another card player heard of the fish & asked if he could have. She said he's a nice guy & gave it to him.

    Now my question is "What kind of degenerate wants to have a mounted fish in his house THAT HE DID'T CATCH!

    Whatta fucktard!

     

     
    Sidehatch
    Sidehatch
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 3245
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2023 - 9:54 PM ET #42

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Remember buying the whole album because you liked one song?
     

    I remember buying Dire Straits for the song “Heavy Fuel,” and Tom Petty for “Learning to Fly.” I think I was 8 or 9.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Remember buying the whole album because you liked one song?
     

    I remember buying Dire Straits for the song “Heavy Fuel,” and Tom Petty for “Learning to Fly.” I think I was 8 or 9.

     
    Sidehatch
    Sidehatch
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 3245
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2023 - 9:56 PM ET #43

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    In 87 my sister visited me in Florida & we went fishing for sharks. She caught a 5 foot golden hammerhead that weighed 40 pounds. They don't usually grow that big. So we took pictures & released it. The taxidermist was able to create a mold from the pictures so I had it mounted for her birthday. She's had it in her home ever since. She's in the process of downsizing & was going to give it to the bar owner where she plays in poker tournaments. Another card player heard of the fish & asked if he could have. She said he's a nice guy & gave it to him. Now my question is "What kind of degenerate wants to have a mounted fish in his house THAT HE DID'T CATCH! Whatta fucktard!

    Haha, that’s great. I think the answer is: a degen poker player who wants something to lie about while he’s losing his dough

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    In 87 my sister visited me in Florida & we went fishing for sharks. She caught a 5 foot golden hammerhead that weighed 40 pounds. They don't usually grow that big. So we took pictures & released it. The taxidermist was able to create a mold from the pictures so I had it mounted for her birthday. She's had it in her home ever since. She's in the process of downsizing & was going to give it to the bar owner where she plays in poker tournaments. Another card player heard of the fish & asked if he could have. She said he's a nice guy & gave it to him. Now my question is "What kind of degenerate wants to have a mounted fish in his house THAT HE DID'T CATCH! Whatta fucktard!

    Haha, that’s great. I think the answer is: a degen poker player who wants something to lie about while he’s losing his dough

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2023 - 2:28 PM ET #44

    Found a grandmother in line @ Publix. She was planning on cooking X-MAS Eve dinner for her family. Paid her $86.64 grocery bill. You would have thought I had paid off her mortgage. She was thrilled & said she would light a candle for me on Christmas.

    OH HAPPY DAY! 

    Reply

    Found a grandmother in line @ Publix. She was planning on cooking X-MAS Eve dinner for her family. Paid her $86.64 grocery bill. You would have thought I had paid off her mortgage. She was thrilled & said she would light a candle for me on Christmas.

    OH HAPPY DAY! 

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2023 - 4:10 PM ET #45

    To this day, I'm shocked of the limited vocabulary used by Americans. I don't know if this is a generational issue or that people are just basically lazy. I got great advice from my Mom.

    She taught me that when I came across a word I didn't understand my Mom wanted me to mark the page & when finished reading, look it up in the dictionary. I should then try to use that word (if appropriate) in a sentence the following day. It was a little awkward at first because I was still about 12. However, to this day I will look up the unknown word just for my own edification (see what I mean) but rarely try to use it the following day.

    Maybe there's someone you know that could use this advice . 

     

    Reply

    To this day, I'm shocked of the limited vocabulary used by Americans. I don't know if this is a generational issue or that people are just basically lazy. I got great advice from my Mom.

    She taught me that when I came across a word I didn't understand my Mom wanted me to mark the page & when finished reading, look it up in the dictionary. I should then try to use that word (if appropriate) in a sentence the following day. It was a little awkward at first because I was still about 12. However, to this day I will look up the unknown word just for my own edification (see what I mean) but rarely try to use it the following day.

    Maybe there's someone you know that could use this advice . 

     

     
    ZiggyDawg
    ZiggyDawg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 5532
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2023 - 4:25 PM ET #46

    @Midnight1

     I still look up words I don't understand because it's so much easier with the internet. Also if I don't understand something in a movie I'll look it up on WIKI.

    Reply

    @Midnight1

     I still look up words I don't understand because it's so much easier with the internet. Also if I don't understand something in a movie I'll look it up on WIKI.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2023 - 4:57 PM ET #47

    @ZiggyDawg

     You're right! It is so damn easy now.

    I don't know how someone can fully understand the written word if they don't know 15 to 20% of the words a person comes across in conversations at work, in negotiations or watching a movie.

    Some of the worst offenders are supposedly the college educated. It's the dumbing down of America.

    GEEESH!

    Reply

    @ZiggyDawg

     You're right! It is so damn easy now.

    I don't know how someone can fully understand the written word if they don't know 15 to 20% of the words a person comes across in conversations at work, in negotiations or watching a movie.

    Some of the worst offenders are supposedly the college educated. It's the dumbing down of America.

    GEEESH!

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2023 - 7:55 PM ET #48

    I have a tendency to worry about shit that is of no concern to me. At this time of the year, people losing their jobs is always a possibility. It reminded me of some wisdom shared with me 34 years ago.

    I lost a high paying job in South Florida which was an area of the country with very few companies offered this type of compensation. I was using a headhunter & sending my resume to companies all across the country. Now of course all these job searches are performed online.

    I was ragging on myself because I wasn't receiving any interest or leads. I stopped off at the home of my wife's 90 year old  Aunt Flo's house to drop off some sugar because she was a big baker.  I started to bitch & moan to her about not having a job and she said listen....

    "If you were to put all your problems in a paper bag, climb the highest hill where you met other people with their bags of problems sitting at their feet & a big gust of wind came & blew the bags strewn all over the hillside, you would run pretty damn fast to pick up your bag of problems & not the bag of anyone else."

    HOW WISE IS THAT!!! Our problems always feel monumental to us but we fail to realize the problems of others are most likely worse than yours.

    So in the holiday spirit, the next time someone starts bitching about how their life sucks share this little bit of wisdom with them.

    Reply

    I have a tendency to worry about shit that is of no concern to me. At this time of the year, people losing their jobs is always a possibility. It reminded me of some wisdom shared with me 34 years ago.

    I lost a high paying job in South Florida which was an area of the country with very few companies offered this type of compensation. I was using a headhunter & sending my resume to companies all across the country. Now of course all these job searches are performed online.

    I was ragging on myself because I wasn't receiving any interest or leads. I stopped off at the home of my wife's 90 year old  Aunt Flo's house to drop off some sugar because she was a big baker.  I started to bitch & moan to her about not having a job and she said listen....

    "If you were to put all your problems in a paper bag, climb the highest hill where you met other people with their bags of problems sitting at their feet & a big gust of wind came & blew the bags strewn all over the hillside, you would run pretty damn fast to pick up your bag of problems & not the bag of anyone else."

    HOW WISE IS THAT!!! Our problems always feel monumental to us but we fail to realize the problems of others are most likely worse than yours.

    So in the holiday spirit, the next time someone starts bitching about how their life sucks share this little bit of wisdom with them.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2023 - 1:53 AM ET #49

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    I have a tendency to worry about shit that is of no concern to me. At this time of the year, people losing their jobs is always a possibility. It reminded me of some wisdom shared with me 34 years ago. I lost a high paying job in South Florida which was an area of the country with very few companies offered this type of compensation. I was using a headhunter & sending my resume to companies all across the country. Now of course all these job searches are performed online. I was ragging on myself because I wasn't receiving any interest or leads. I stopped off at the home of my wife's 90 year old  Aunt Flo's house to drop off some sugar because she was a big baker.  I started to bitch & moan to her about not having a job and she said listen.... "If you were to put all your problems in a paper bag, climb the highest hill where you met other people with their bags of problems sitting at their feet & a big gust of wind came & blew the bags strewn all over the hillside, you would run pretty damn fast to pick up your bag of problems & not the bag of anyone else." HOW WISE IS THAT!!! Our problems always feel monumental to us but we fail to realize the problems of others are most likely worse than yours. So in the holiday spirit, the next time someone starts bitching about how their life sucks share this little bit of wisdom with them.

    I'm flabbergasted that your wife has a literal Aunt Flo.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    I have a tendency to worry about shit that is of no concern to me. At this time of the year, people losing their jobs is always a possibility. It reminded me of some wisdom shared with me 34 years ago. I lost a high paying job in South Florida which was an area of the country with very few companies offered this type of compensation. I was using a headhunter & sending my resume to companies all across the country. Now of course all these job searches are performed online. I was ragging on myself because I wasn't receiving any interest or leads. I stopped off at the home of my wife's 90 year old  Aunt Flo's house to drop off some sugar because she was a big baker.  I started to bitch & moan to her about not having a job and she said listen.... "If you were to put all your problems in a paper bag, climb the highest hill where you met other people with their bags of problems sitting at their feet & a big gust of wind came & blew the bags strewn all over the hillside, you would run pretty damn fast to pick up your bag of problems & not the bag of anyone else." HOW WISE IS THAT!!! Our problems always feel monumental to us but we fail to realize the problems of others are most likely worse than yours. So in the holiday spirit, the next time someone starts bitching about how their life sucks share this little bit of wisdom with them.

    I'm flabbergasted that your wife has a literal Aunt Flo.

     
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25537
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2023 - 12:25 PM ET #50

    @StumpTownStu

     Yea Stu, she was a real fountain of information. She passed away at the age of 99 & had seen plenty in her life. Aunt Flo lived a very comfortable life & her husband was a big shot executive with Kraft Foods. She really didn't want for anything & was a women before her time. Very outspoken & you knew where she stood on just about every issue. And if you got on her shit list, you had no chance of ever getting off. 

    Lord, I lover her!

    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

     Yea Stu, she was a real fountain of information. She passed away at the age of 99 & had seen plenty in her life. Aunt Flo lived a very comfortable life & her husband was a big shot executive with Kraft Foods. She really didn't want for anything & was a women before her time. Very outspoken & you knew where she stood on just about every issue. And if you got on her shit list, you had no chance of ever getting off. 

    Lord, I lover her!

    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,672
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,311
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,051
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,766
    • MLB Playoffs 5,368
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,445
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 7,357
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 5,259
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,298
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,015

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.