• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Food & Fitness

    Starting My Diet Tomorrow Need Help

    bullsdb
    2169
    TRAIN69
    nc1capper
    Mikael99
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 879
    Posts: 15
     
    bullsdb
    bullsdb
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 80
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2010 - 8:15 PM ET #1

    I am 6'4 weight 255 pounds No build 23 years old

    I have been eating fast food and drinking a bottle of coke everyday for about 2 years now and have no energy and starting to feel heart pains. Tried to stop eating the fast food but can't get really sick almost like coming off drugs sick. Not to mention the double chin.

    What kinda of number should I shoot for? 200? 220?
    What kind of foods should I eat?
    What kind of vitamins or supplements should I buy?
    What should I drink tea? water? juice?
    Any other tips?



    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I am 6'4 weight 255 pounds No build 23 years old

    I have been eating fast food and drinking a bottle of coke everyday for about 2 years now and have no energy and starting to feel heart pains. Tried to stop eating the fast food but can't get really sick almost like coming off drugs sick. Not to mention the double chin.

    What kinda of number should I shoot for? 200? 220?
    What kind of foods should I eat?
    What kind of vitamins or supplements should I buy?
    What should I drink tea? water? juice?
    Any other tips?



     
    2169
    2169
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 10748
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2010 - 8:36 PM ET #2

    You could probably lose 10lbs just by drinking water alone.  Drinking water eliminates excess sugar/carb intake. I'd eat just meat and vegetables without the salt or sauce. This change in diet would be a shock to your body that you'd see results immediately. 
    Reply
    You could probably lose 10lbs just by drinking water alone.  Drinking water eliminates excess sugar/carb intake. I'd eat just meat and vegetables without the salt or sauce. This change in diet would be a shock to your body that you'd see results immediately. 
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55678
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2010 - 12:09 AM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by bullsdb:

    I am 6'4 weight 255 pounds No build 23 years old

    I have been eating fast food and drinking a bottle of coke everyday for about 2 years now and have no energy and starting to feel heart pains. Tried to stop eating the fast food but can't get really sick almost like coming off drugs sick. Not to mention the double chin.

    What kinda of number should I shoot for? 200? 220? You should shoot for 254 to start with. Dont set unattainable goals. I think 215 would be a good weight for you at 6'4". But give yourself plenty of time to achieve it.
    What kind of foods should I eat? Lean meat (chicken and tuna mainly with eggs, steak and tukey as well) fruits and veggies. Lay off the bread/pasta/chips/soda/sweets. Drink lots of water.
    What kind of vitamins or supplements should I buy? Start out with a mens one a day and a B complex. You will need a little extra boost if you cut back on your calorie intake.
    What should I drink tea? water? juice? Diet green tea, water, crystal light . Stay away from the juices....lotsa sugar
    Any other tips?



    I have been in your shoes and beyond bro. You can do it. I typed by what you asked. Take it for what its worth. I've lost over 100 lbs....twice. Stay with it and keep moving. Stay away from the fastfood. Yes, you will get headaches, but they are temporary until your body gets used to not having that "fix".

    Bottomline, excercise more and eat less...it real simple math. Put out more than you take in.

    best of luck bro, keep me posted

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by bullsdb:

    I am 6'4 weight 255 pounds No build 23 years old

    I have been eating fast food and drinking a bottle of coke everyday for about 2 years now and have no energy and starting to feel heart pains. Tried to stop eating the fast food but can't get really sick almost like coming off drugs sick. Not to mention the double chin.

    What kinda of number should I shoot for? 200? 220? You should shoot for 254 to start with. Dont set unattainable goals. I think 215 would be a good weight for you at 6'4". But give yourself plenty of time to achieve it.
    What kind of foods should I eat? Lean meat (chicken and tuna mainly with eggs, steak and tukey as well) fruits and veggies. Lay off the bread/pasta/chips/soda/sweets. Drink lots of water.
    What kind of vitamins or supplements should I buy? Start out with a mens one a day and a B complex. You will need a little extra boost if you cut back on your calorie intake.
    What should I drink tea? water? juice? Diet green tea, water, crystal light . Stay away from the juices....lotsa sugar
    Any other tips?



    I have been in your shoes and beyond bro. You can do it. I typed by what you asked. Take it for what its worth. I've lost over 100 lbs....twice. Stay with it and keep moving. Stay away from the fastfood. Yes, you will get headaches, but they are temporary until your body gets used to not having that "fix".

    Bottomline, excercise more and eat less...it real simple math. Put out more than you take in.

    best of luck bro, keep me posted

     
    2169
    2169
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 10748
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2010 - 10:53 AM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by bullsdb:

    I am 6'4 weight 255 pounds No build 23 years old

    I have been eating fast food and drinking a bottle of coke everyday for about 2 years now and have no energy and starting to feel heart pains. Tried to stop eating the fast food but can't get really sick almost like coming off drugs sick. Not to mention the double chin.

    What kinda of number should I shoot for? 200? 220?
    What kind of foods should I eat?
    What kind of vitamins or supplements should I buy?
    What should I drink tea? water? juice?
    Any other tips?





    You should probably try a colon detox based on your claim that all you eat is fast food.  It would aid in improving your digestive health. Wouldn't hurt.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bullsdb:

    I am 6'4 weight 255 pounds No build 23 years old

    I have been eating fast food and drinking a bottle of coke everyday for about 2 years now and have no energy and starting to feel heart pains. Tried to stop eating the fast food but can't get really sick almost like coming off drugs sick. Not to mention the double chin.

    What kinda of number should I shoot for? 200? 220?
    What kind of foods should I eat?
    What kind of vitamins or supplements should I buy?
    What should I drink tea? water? juice?
    Any other tips?





    You should probably try a colon detox based on your claim that all you eat is fast food.  It would aid in improving your digestive health. Wouldn't hurt.
     
    nc1capper
    nc1capper
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 16348
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2010 - 2:08 PM ET #5

    why tomorrow Sir,,why not TODAY,,why not RIGHT NOW
    Reply
    why tomorrow Sir,,why not TODAY,,why not RIGHT NOW
     
    Mikael99
    Mikael99
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2004
    Posts: 28383
    Posted: Jun. 29, 2010 - 4:19 PM ET #6

    Vitamins - > Omega3 fishoil , Vitamin D3  ( can help improve chestpains if you are in a cold climate?).

    Spices - > Nothing helps your metabolism and health like spices. Cayenne pepper is great for your heart and metabolism. I take a table spoon in milk once a day.

    Excersise... it is triviel but just 30 minutes a day where you get your pulse up will help a lot.

    Food - Cook your own food and limit your portions. Especially carbs such as rice, pasta, white bread.

    Drink a lot of water,  (not juice)

    Allow yourself some chocolate, nuts an icecream now and then or things may turn bad rather fast.
    Reply
    Vitamins - > Omega3 fishoil , Vitamin D3  ( can help improve chestpains if you are in a cold climate?).

    Spices - > Nothing helps your metabolism and health like spices. Cayenne pepper is great for your heart and metabolism. I take a table spoon in milk once a day.

    Excersise... it is triviel but just 30 minutes a day where you get your pulse up will help a lot.

    Food - Cook your own food and limit your portions. Especially carbs such as rice, pasta, white bread.

    Drink a lot of water,  (not juice)

    Allow yourself some chocolate, nuts an icecream now and then or things may turn bad rather fast.
     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2010 - 8:23 PM ET #7

    You have to ease your way into this.  Train yourself to eat less food each meal and eat 5 or 6 small meals a day.  This is what I do and it works great.  I eat 2 or 3 egg whites with 1 morningstar veggie sausage patty every day for breakfast.  I eat a protein bar 2 or 3 hours later.  I eat a small lunch every day.  Usually a turkey burger on wheat bread with 2 tomato slices, lots of lettuce, onions,and jalepenios.   I try to load it up with low cal good stuff to kill my hunger. No chips or fries.   Or I will have a peice of chicken and a salad with lowfat dressing.  I go home and eat a good meal with carbs and protein with low fat for my pre workout meal.  I work out and then drink a protein shake after my workout.  And then 1 more small meal and I am done.   I try to limit carbs during the day and try to only eat them before and after my workout.  Carbs are not bad but what kind of carbs you eat and when you eat them are Very important.  Stick to whole wheat bread and pasta.  I don't touch anything else.  I was once over 240. I am now around 200 lbs.  Since April I lost about 25 lbs doing this.  It takes time and discipline but you can do it.  Just remember that it took a long time for you body to get to where it is and it will take a while to get it back to where you want it to be.  The first 2 weeks are hardest. After that it's cruise controll.  GL

    Reply

    You have to ease your way into this.  Train yourself to eat less food each meal and eat 5 or 6 small meals a day.  This is what I do and it works great.  I eat 2 or 3 egg whites with 1 morningstar veggie sausage patty every day for breakfast.  I eat a protein bar 2 or 3 hours later.  I eat a small lunch every day.  Usually a turkey burger on wheat bread with 2 tomato slices, lots of lettuce, onions,and jalepenios.   I try to load it up with low cal good stuff to kill my hunger. No chips or fries.   Or I will have a peice of chicken and a salad with lowfat dressing.  I go home and eat a good meal with carbs and protein with low fat for my pre workout meal.  I work out and then drink a protein shake after my workout.  And then 1 more small meal and I am done.   I try to limit carbs during the day and try to only eat them before and after my workout.  Carbs are not bad but what kind of carbs you eat and when you eat them are Very important.  Stick to whole wheat bread and pasta.  I don't touch anything else.  I was once over 240. I am now around 200 lbs.  Since April I lost about 25 lbs doing this.  It takes time and discipline but you can do it.  Just remember that it took a long time for you body to get to where it is and it will take a while to get it back to where you want it to be.  The first 2 weeks are hardest. After that it's cruise controll.  GL

     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Jul. 1, 2010 - 8:23 PM ET #8

    And don't drink pop at all.  Even diet pop.  Try and drink only water and lots of it. 

    Reply

    And don't drink pop at all.  Even diet pop.  Try and drink only water and lots of it. 

     
    nc1capper
    nc1capper
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 16348
    Posted: Jul. 2, 2010 - 11:50 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:

    You have to ease your way into this.  Train yourself to eat less food each meal and eat 5 or 6 small meals a day.  This is what I do and it works great.  I eat 2 or 3 egg whites with 1 morningstar veggie sausage patty every day for breakfast.  I eat a protein bar 2 or 3 hours later.  I eat a small lunch every day.  Usually a turkey burger on wheat bread with 2 tomato slices, lots of lettuce, onions,and jalepenios.   I try to load it up with low cal good stuff to kill my hunger. No chips or fries.   Or I will have a peice of chicken and a salad with lowfat dressing.  I go home and eat a good meal with carbs and protein with low fat for my pre workout meal.  I work out and then drink a protein shake after my workout.  And then 1 more small meal and I am done.   I try to limit carbs during the day and try to only eat them before and after my workout.  Carbs are not bad but what kind of carbs you eat and when you eat them are Very important.  Stick to whole wheat bread and pasta.  I don't touch anything else.  I was once over 240. I am now around 200 lbs.  Since April I lost about 25 lbs doing this.  It takes time and discipline but you can do it.  Just remember that it took a long time for you body to get to where it is and it will take a while to get it back to where you want it to be.  The first 2 weeks are hardest. After that it's cruise controll.  GL

    nice write up there buddy--and congrats--well done Sir
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:

    You have to ease your way into this.  Train yourself to eat less food each meal and eat 5 or 6 small meals a day.  This is what I do and it works great.  I eat 2 or 3 egg whites with 1 morningstar veggie sausage patty every day for breakfast.  I eat a protein bar 2 or 3 hours later.  I eat a small lunch every day.  Usually a turkey burger on wheat bread with 2 tomato slices, lots of lettuce, onions,and jalepenios.   I try to load it up with low cal good stuff to kill my hunger. No chips or fries.   Or I will have a peice of chicken and a salad with lowfat dressing.  I go home and eat a good meal with carbs and protein with low fat for my pre workout meal.  I work out and then drink a protein shake after my workout.  And then 1 more small meal and I am done.   I try to limit carbs during the day and try to only eat them before and after my workout.  Carbs are not bad but what kind of carbs you eat and when you eat them are Very important.  Stick to whole wheat bread and pasta.  I don't touch anything else.  I was once over 240. I am now around 200 lbs.  Since April I lost about 25 lbs doing this.  It takes time and discipline but you can do it.  Just remember that it took a long time for you body to get to where it is and it will take a while to get it back to where you want it to be.  The first 2 weeks are hardest. After that it's cruise controll.  GL

    nice write up there buddy--and congrats--well done Sir
     
    bookieassassin
    bookieassassin
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 10314
    Posted: Jul. 3, 2010 - 1:00 AM ET #10

    many ways to do it.....and tons of advice.....most BAD.....ironically...what i see on Covers usually very sound

    decide how best for you......

    are you the disciplined type?......like Jeff MC ?...
    if so.....a slow ....sustained weight loss (no more that 2 lbs/week or so) is the way to go....also best way to keep it off
         * a good rule is .....never go on a diet..that you can't stay on......forever......because otherwise you just go back to old ways.....yo-yo weight loss game is VERY unhealthy......and later more and more difficult to keep your weight down

    OR ....like me?.....don't have the patience....
          * I LOVE  football (COLLEGE) season......and tend to put on a few pounds due to EXCESS beer.......and food that goes well with beer.......hehe.....rather that worry about it......i have a blast and eat /drink WTF i want.....so.....Feb or so......gotta lose a few lbs

    start slow?......gotta be kiddin....show your body who's boss.....


    IMMEDIATELY begin a 21 day body detox plan.....
    all fresh fruits / vegetables /protein shakes.....+ 1 gallon of purified....preferably distilled water......EACH day.......[that's it.....PERIOD].......workout EVERY day......if only for a few minutes...get in the routine.....just like brushing your teeth
    * write down EXACTLY what you're gonna eat in advance.....do not stray from the list.....eliminating choice/weakness
    * BEST to not add ANYTHING artificial.......(sweeteners.....margarine +++)....flavor with lemon juice......garlic.....pepper....sea salt OK)
    * focus on "detox part"....forget it's also a "diet".....> go to health food store.....many good 3 week detox plans.available....probably add a  good multi-vitamin ....do not weigh during this 3 weeks (weight loss not the focus remember?)

    * remember.....no additions.......so of course NO alcohol...sugar...dairy.....bread.....ZERO empty calories...
    if killing you......wanna cheat with brown rice to mix with vegetables....no serious crime
    * after 21 days.....you should have lost 10-15 lbs or so....are fully hydrated.....and feel much better....

    *** you also can identify possible food allergies this way....after the 3 weeks.....begin "adding" to diet ....foods you suspect might be a problem.....
    think chicken or fish might be an issue ?.....day 22 add fish.....maybe with brown rice /fresh vegetables AT LUNCH....dairy an issue ?....add milk.... eggs... or cheese ONLY....see what happens

    key in keeping weight off is to simply understand......WHY TF WE EAT.....in the 1st place       * to FUEL our body*

    as this eating for pleasure as most of us do.....combined with little activity....

    has created possibly the sickest nation ever.....in spite of being medically.....the most advanced in history


    so ....eat WHEN you need the energy.....
    avoid sitting down and eating LARGE meals....goal is to eat  MANY "snacks" throughout the day.....minimize the eating as  a social event thing...body simply wasn't designed for this

    ......eat as the CAVEMAN might....fruits / veget / nuts / berries / meat that you could catch....or spear (fowl .....fish...(smaller) animals  basically).......>
              *remember technology has enabled us to eat beyond our designed place in the food chain .....with horrible results
     
     the more processed.....lab created crap you add ......the worse you feel......the more you risk having problems later on.....ALSO....our GI tract not designed to be bombarded with the mountains of garbage we cram in our pie-holes
    ...no matter how much you try and convince yourself.... that the 24 oz porterhouse camping out for 2 days or more in your gut.....really no big deal...
    It is better to be feared - than to be loved.
    Reply
    many ways to do it.....and tons of advice.....most BAD.....ironically...what i see on Covers usually very sound

    decide how best for you......

    are you the disciplined type?......like Jeff MC ?...
    if so.....a slow ....sustained weight loss (no more that 2 lbs/week or so) is the way to go....also best way to keep it off
         * a good rule is .....never go on a diet..that you can't stay on......forever......because otherwise you just go back to old ways.....yo-yo weight loss game is VERY unhealthy......and later more and more difficult to keep your weight down

    OR ....like me?.....don't have the patience....
          * I LOVE  football (COLLEGE) season......and tend to put on a few pounds due to EXCESS beer.......and food that goes well with beer.......hehe.....rather that worry about it......i have a blast and eat /drink WTF i want.....so.....Feb or so......gotta lose a few lbs

    start slow?......gotta be kiddin....show your body who's boss.....


    IMMEDIATELY begin a 21 day body detox plan.....
    all fresh fruits / vegetables /protein shakes.....+ 1 gallon of purified....preferably distilled water......EACH day.......[that's it.....PERIOD].......workout EVERY day......if only for a few minutes...get in the routine.....just like brushing your teeth
    * write down EXACTLY what you're gonna eat in advance.....do not stray from the list.....eliminating choice/weakness
    * BEST to not add ANYTHING artificial.......(sweeteners.....margarine +++)....flavor with lemon juice......garlic.....pepper....sea salt OK)
    * focus on "detox part"....forget it's also a "diet".....> go to health food store.....many good 3 week detox plans.available....probably add a  good multi-vitamin ....do not weigh during this 3 weeks (weight loss not the focus remember?)

    * remember.....no additions.......so of course NO alcohol...sugar...dairy.....bread.....ZERO empty calories...
    if killing you......wanna cheat with brown rice to mix with vegetables....no serious crime
    * after 21 days.....you should have lost 10-15 lbs or so....are fully hydrated.....and feel much better....

    *** you also can identify possible food allergies this way....after the 3 weeks.....begin "adding" to diet ....foods you suspect might be a problem.....
    think chicken or fish might be an issue ?.....day 22 add fish.....maybe with brown rice /fresh vegetables AT LUNCH....dairy an issue ?....add milk.... eggs... or cheese ONLY....see what happens

    key in keeping weight off is to simply understand......WHY TF WE EAT.....in the 1st place       * to FUEL our body*

    as this eating for pleasure as most of us do.....combined with little activity....

    has created possibly the sickest nation ever.....in spite of being medically.....the most advanced in history


    so ....eat WHEN you need the energy.....
    avoid sitting down and eating LARGE meals....goal is to eat  MANY "snacks" throughout the day.....minimize the eating as  a social event thing...body simply wasn't designed for this

    ......eat as the CAVEMAN might....fruits / veget / nuts / berries / meat that you could catch....or spear (fowl .....fish...(smaller) animals  basically).......>
              *remember technology has enabled us to eat beyond our designed place in the food chain .....with horrible results
     
     the more processed.....lab created crap you add ......the worse you feel......the more you risk having problems later on.....ALSO....our GI tract not designed to be bombarded with the mountains of garbage we cram in our pie-holes
    ...no matter how much you try and convince yourself.... that the 24 oz porterhouse camping out for 2 days or more in your gut.....really no big deal...
     
    mrmyass
    mrmyass
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 173
    Posted: Jul. 3, 2010 - 5:03 AM ET #11

    Ill give you the best tip out there. Its called the danish hospital diet. One of our linemen did it but had to put the weight back on to stay on the team. CRAZY WEIGHT LOSS. He was telling me how he would have cravings of foods he didn't even like. Anything to shove his face into. And just by looking at food he could taste it. Thats how strong his desire for food was.

    Just do it and you'll thank me later and remember STAY THE COURSE!!!!!!
    Reply
    Ill give you the best tip out there. Its called the danish hospital diet. One of our linemen did it but had to put the weight back on to stay on the team. CRAZY WEIGHT LOSS. He was telling me how he would have cravings of foods he didn't even like. Anything to shove his face into. And just by looking at food he could taste it. Thats how strong his desire for food was.

    Just do it and you'll thank me later and remember STAY THE COURSE!!!!!!
     
    mrmyass
    mrmyass
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 173
    Posted: Jul. 3, 2010 - 5:16 AM ET #12

    Hey and after the diet might I suggest the subway diet for a few weeks. I hear it takes a month and a half or something like that to break a addiction. So subway might be the after diet to your danish hospital diet.
    Reply
    Hey and after the diet might I suggest the subway diet for a few weeks. I hear it takes a month and a half or something like that to break a addiction. So subway might be the after diet to your danish hospital diet.
     
    jv040
    jv040
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 1479
    Posted: Jul. 3, 2010 - 10:18 AM ET #13

    I think you should take natures sunshine vitamins. if your really depleted of vitamins and supplements. over the counter like what you get at cub or the drug store isn't goigng to do anything.  I didn't start getting healthy till I started taking natures sunshine.  vitamins and many other herbs. I started taking 6 a day more than the recommended dose but it was the only thing that helped me withdraw from caffeine. I think it was litterally stuck in me. after about a month I started feeling alot better.
    Reply
    I think you should take natures sunshine vitamins. if your really depleted of vitamins and supplements. over the counter like what you get at cub or the drug store isn't goigng to do anything.  I didn't start getting healthy till I started taking natures sunshine.  vitamins and many other herbs. I started taking 6 a day more than the recommended dose but it was the only thing that helped me withdraw from caffeine. I think it was litterally stuck in me. after about a month I started feeling alot better.
     
    lemons420
    lemons420
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 140
    Posted: Jul. 3, 2010 - 8:52 PM ET #14

    good luck
    Reply
    good luck
     
     
    ErnieLorch
    ErnieLorch
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1003
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2010 - 6:58 AM ET #15

    Reply
    All Forums | Food & Fitness

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,247
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 753
    • PART DEUX 204
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,991
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,100
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,557
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,202
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,113
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,917
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,841

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.