• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Food & Fitness

    226.....

    12 Next Last»
    boberts427
    captjohn67
    vanwilder21
    thedegenerate
    WhiteMice
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1168
    Posts: 29
    12 Next Last»
     
    boberts427
    boberts427
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 4934
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2010 - 1:49 PM ET #1

    i feel gross, I'm giving up (again) beer, eating after 7, I'm also going to start running more my problem is what i eat, i can run 5 miles without stopping, I'm just fat. i feel the jiggle when i walk it makes me nauseated i look pregnant, this is day one to either a new life or of more shit i say I'm going to do but never do. A friend of mine lost 40 lbs in 7 weeks, he bought a steamer and eats everything with it, i might go that route I'm not sure, when i work nights i normally come home and eat, but I'm going walking instead, i also binge eat, giving that up would help allot I'm sure, time to stop acting like a bitch and do this, its depressing to lose a war against something without a gun

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    i feel gross, I'm giving up (again) beer, eating after 7, I'm also going to start running more my problem is what i eat, i can run 5 miles without stopping, I'm just fat. i feel the jiggle when i walk it makes me nauseated i look pregnant, this is day one to either a new life or of more shit i say I'm going to do but never do. A friend of mine lost 40 lbs in 7 weeks, he bought a steamer and eats everything with it, i might go that route I'm not sure, when i work nights i normally come home and eat, but I'm going walking instead, i also binge eat, giving that up would help allot I'm sure, time to stop acting like a bitch and do this, its depressing to lose a war against something without a gun

     
    captjohn67
    captjohn67
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 12821
    Posted: Jun. 9, 2010 - 9:21 AM ET #2

    you can do it  
    Reply
    you can do it  
     
    vanwilder21
    vanwilder21
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 2748
    Posted: Jun. 9, 2010 - 10:07 AM ET #3

    Reply
     
    thedegenerate
    thedegenerate
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2004
    Posts: 22102
    Posted: Jun. 9, 2010 - 12:39 PM ET #4

    Reply
     
    boberts427
    boberts427
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 4934
    Posted: Jun. 9, 2010 - 4:08 PM ET #5

    people talk about how working out gives them so much energy, but not for me in tired and hungry
    Reply
    people talk about how working out gives them so much energy, but not for me in tired and hungry
     
    WhiteMice
    WhiteMice
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2010
    Posts: 10787
    Posted: Jun. 11, 2010 - 1:15 PM ET #6

    Don't give up the beer.  Give up breads/buns for a while.  And lunch meats if you eat 'em.  And sugary shit.  But for the grace of God, don't give up the beer.  Moderation they say!
    Reply
    Don't give up the beer.  Give up breads/buns for a while.  And lunch meats if you eat 'em.  And sugary shit.  But for the grace of God, don't give up the beer.  Moderation they say!
     
    boberts427
    boberts427
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 4934
    Posted: Jun. 11, 2010 - 1:23 PM ET #7

    224....

    would be lighter but last night was a party

    >>>>>me telling myself Ranch has omaga 3 fats

    Reply

    224....

    would be lighter but last night was a party

    >>>>>me telling myself Ranch has omaga 3 fats

     
    Syddigs
    Syddigs
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 5765
    Posted: Jun. 11, 2010 - 4:02 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMice:

    Don't give up the beer.  Give up breads/buns for a while.  And lunch meats if you eat 'em.  And sugary shit.  But for the grace of God, don't give up the beer.  Moderation they say!


    I lost over 40lbs ( 238 to 195 ) in 3 months ( late Dec 02 to Mar 03 ) and in that same period I have never drunk more beer in my life. I was working with an Irish guy and we also lived above a bar.

    It is what you eat while drinking or worse, after you have been drinking that is the killer.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMice:

    Don't give up the beer.  Give up breads/buns for a while.  And lunch meats if you eat 'em.  And sugary shit.  But for the grace of God, don't give up the beer.  Moderation they say!


    I lost over 40lbs ( 238 to 195 ) in 3 months ( late Dec 02 to Mar 03 ) and in that same period I have never drunk more beer in my life. I was working with an Irish guy and we also lived above a bar.

    It is what you eat while drinking or worse, after you have been drinking that is the killer.
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55705
    Posted: Jun. 11, 2010 - 8:15 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by Syddigs:



    I lost over 40lbs ( 238 to 195 ) in 3 months ( late Dec 02 to Mar 03 ) and in that same period I have never drunk more beer in my life. I was working with an Irish guy and we also lived above a bar.

    It is what you eat while drinking or worse, after you have been drinking that is the killer.

    This is probably the worst advice Ive ever heard. You gotta cut back on the booze. It is wasted calories and also makes the food you eat for the next day take longer to burn off...

    40 lbs in 3 months and drank all the time...must have either been not eating or doing drugs....either way, very unhealthy...

    Moderation and exercise my friend

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Syddigs:



    I lost over 40lbs ( 238 to 195 ) in 3 months ( late Dec 02 to Mar 03 ) and in that same period I have never drunk more beer in my life. I was working with an Irish guy and we also lived above a bar.

    It is what you eat while drinking or worse, after you have been drinking that is the killer.

    This is probably the worst advice Ive ever heard. You gotta cut back on the booze. It is wasted calories and also makes the food you eat for the next day take longer to burn off...

    40 lbs in 3 months and drank all the time...must have either been not eating or doing drugs....either way, very unhealthy...

    Moderation and exercise my friend

     
    boberts427
    boberts427
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 4934
    Posted: Jun. 12, 2010 - 12:51 AM ET #10

    the beer was the first to go, who drinks w/o eating? drinking beer and dippn fried foods in ranch, you don't have one w/o the other
    Reply
    the beer was the first to go, who drinks w/o eating? drinking beer and dippn fried foods in ranch, you don't have one w/o the other
     
    Syddigs
    Syddigs
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 5765
    Posted: Jun. 13, 2010 - 12:10 AM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    This is probably the worst advice Ive ever heard. You gotta cut back on the booze. It is wasted calories and also makes the food you eat for the next day take longer to burn off...

    40 lbs in 3 months and drank all the time...must have either been not eating or doing drugs....either way, very unhealthy...

    Moderation and exercise my friend



    I wasn't giving the guy any advice. All I was saying was that in my case giving up beer was not necessary to drop large weight quickly. Tell me where I offered any advice in my thread. All I did was refer to my experiences.

    I went from very little exercise and a poor diet to running 5 miles a day 5 times a week, eating nothing but fruit throughout the day at certain intervals and eating healthily for dinner. I was NOT doing drugs, and was eating, and did not offer any advice. So you are 0 for 3 champ.

    7 years later I am 185lbs. So the weight has stayed off and is well and truly under control. Could you be any more wrong? I doubt it.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    This is probably the worst advice Ive ever heard. You gotta cut back on the booze. It is wasted calories and also makes the food you eat for the next day take longer to burn off...

    40 lbs in 3 months and drank all the time...must have either been not eating or doing drugs....either way, very unhealthy...

    Moderation and exercise my friend



    I wasn't giving the guy any advice. All I was saying was that in my case giving up beer was not necessary to drop large weight quickly. Tell me where I offered any advice in my thread. All I did was refer to my experiences.

    I went from very little exercise and a poor diet to running 5 miles a day 5 times a week, eating nothing but fruit throughout the day at certain intervals and eating healthily for dinner. I was NOT doing drugs, and was eating, and did not offer any advice. So you are 0 for 3 champ.

    7 years later I am 185lbs. So the weight has stayed off and is well and truly under control. Could you be any more wrong? I doubt it.
     
    WhiteMice
    WhiteMice
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2010
    Posts: 10787
    Posted: Jun. 13, 2010 - 8:15 PM ET #12

    Likewise.  I've been a runner for near 20 years, countless 10k's and a handful of marathons.  And 2-3 beers every day.  Not  "wasted" calories.  No mega-sodium or mega-sugars there!   And beg to differ that in moderation has anything to do with absorption or making calories "harder to burn".  As Syddigs mentioned, the key is eating healthy.  Fruits, veggies, lean meats if any meats...minimal breads and sugars..
    And if you're really "in training", there's  no such thing as fried foods.  Or processed meats.  They'll kill you a helluva lot quicker than beer!
    Reply
    Likewise.  I've been a runner for near 20 years, countless 10k's and a handful of marathons.  And 2-3 beers every day.  Not  "wasted" calories.  No mega-sodium or mega-sugars there!   And beg to differ that in moderation has anything to do with absorption or making calories "harder to burn".  As Syddigs mentioned, the key is eating healthy.  Fruits, veggies, lean meats if any meats...minimal breads and sugars..
    And if you're really "in training", there's  no such thing as fried foods.  Or processed meats.  They'll kill you a helluva lot quicker than beer!
     
    Syddigs
    Syddigs
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 5765
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2010 - 3:39 AM ET #13

    Being a guy that lost a lot of weight in a relatively short period of time ( and not by not eating or using drugs ) I have found that you have to " dangle a carrot for yourself " or give yourself some light at the end of the tunnel.

    In the midst of my losing the 40lbs in 3 months, I made a point of having McDonalds, KFC or pizza every Saturday night. I was working long days 6 days a week and I made my Saturday night " pig out " a reward or something to look forward to.

    I found that having that upcoming Saturday night treat allowed me to get through the additional exercise, dieting and hard work that i was doing during the week. It made it all tolerable. The last thing you wish to do is resent eating healthily or exercising. 

    That is why I said don't just blindly give up the beer or something you enjoy. You need to reward yourself for your hard work, dedication and discipline otherwise you will wind up resenting yourself for what you are missing while working hard. 

    P.S I was 238lbs on Xmas Day 2002. In mid March, 2003 I was 195lbs. Today I am 185lbs and I still love a beer or ten. I just watch what I eat for the most part and do not eat after drinking at any stage.

    BOL to you 
    Reply
    Being a guy that lost a lot of weight in a relatively short period of time ( and not by not eating or using drugs ) I have found that you have to " dangle a carrot for yourself " or give yourself some light at the end of the tunnel.

    In the midst of my losing the 40lbs in 3 months, I made a point of having McDonalds, KFC or pizza every Saturday night. I was working long days 6 days a week and I made my Saturday night " pig out " a reward or something to look forward to.

    I found that having that upcoming Saturday night treat allowed me to get through the additional exercise, dieting and hard work that i was doing during the week. It made it all tolerable. The last thing you wish to do is resent eating healthily or exercising. 

    That is why I said don't just blindly give up the beer or something you enjoy. You need to reward yourself for your hard work, dedication and discipline otherwise you will wind up resenting yourself for what you are missing while working hard. 

    P.S I was 238lbs on Xmas Day 2002. In mid March, 2003 I was 195lbs. Today I am 185lbs and I still love a beer or ten. I just watch what I eat for the most part and do not eat after drinking at any stage.

    BOL to you 
     
    boberts427
    boberts427
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 4934
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2010 - 3:23 PM ET #14

    salsa and cottage cheese 220....
    Reply
    salsa and cottage cheese 220....
     
    boberts427
    boberts427
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 4934
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2010 - 8:51 PM ET #15

    had spagetti and then McDs 

     

    I'm doing "better" but that might be enough to break even and not lose or gain weight  i have gave up the drinking and eating after 7 but during the day its the same Ole crap. my wife is the best cook in the world i feel i need to plan all my meals, my wife is prego so shes eating as much as i am, normally she is the influence for me to cut back, as long as i don't plan out my meals i will end up eating and binging off what the family cooks. i want to eat like 1,000 Cal's a day, what I'm going to do is post every meal i eat, that way i can get insight and hopefully risking humiliation i will eat less. i diet so well, untell i come home for a home cooked meal, and then after that im like wow, that wasn't healthy so fuck it!

    one question is working out at night ok? if i work out in the A.M. i drag ass all day

    Reply

    had spagetti and then McDs 

     

    I'm doing "better" but that might be enough to break even and not lose or gain weight  i have gave up the drinking and eating after 7 but during the day its the same Ole crap. my wife is the best cook in the world i feel i need to plan all my meals, my wife is prego so shes eating as much as i am, normally she is the influence for me to cut back, as long as i don't plan out my meals i will end up eating and binging off what the family cooks. i want to eat like 1,000 Cal's a day, what I'm going to do is post every meal i eat, that way i can get insight and hopefully risking humiliation i will eat less. i diet so well, untell i come home for a home cooked meal, and then after that im like wow, that wasn't healthy so fuck it!

    one question is working out at night ok? if i work out in the A.M. i drag ass all day

     
    FrozenTundra
    FrozenTundra
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 8001
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2010 - 11:56 PM ET #16

    Add these to your rules, it works:

    1. Eat only until your hunger is gone, not until your full. Try eating 6 small meals a day.

    2. Work out at night, morning, not much difference. If you prefer the night go with it.

    3. Go slow. Give yourself one crap day a week...where you can stuff your face with anything you want and trust me, overkill it. You like Wings, you order 20, get 30, you wanna burger, get a double. You'll enjoy, but it'll cement your brain inside to go back to healthy eating when you feel like shit later or get the shakes the next day.

    4. Drink lot's of water. Like a fucking ton. 8-10 glasses a day. Flushes shit out of your system.

    5. Go Slow...you became overweight over years and years, so change your lifestyle slowly, but do it.

    6. Cardio, but something you enjoy. What I do is skip...yup, skip. Buy a rope, I started doing 20 seconds a day, next week, I bumped it up to 30.  Now I skip 2min/day. After I'm done, I stretch, box in the mirror, shift side to side, anything you can enjoy. Move shit in your body you don't normally move lol, it works wonders.

    7. You can do, b/c remember if you don't noone else will do it for it.


    Reply
    Add these to your rules, it works:

    1. Eat only until your hunger is gone, not until your full. Try eating 6 small meals a day.

    2. Work out at night, morning, not much difference. If you prefer the night go with it.

    3. Go slow. Give yourself one crap day a week...where you can stuff your face with anything you want and trust me, overkill it. You like Wings, you order 20, get 30, you wanna burger, get a double. You'll enjoy, but it'll cement your brain inside to go back to healthy eating when you feel like shit later or get the shakes the next day.

    4. Drink lot's of water. Like a fucking ton. 8-10 glasses a day. Flushes shit out of your system.

    5. Go Slow...you became overweight over years and years, so change your lifestyle slowly, but do it.

    6. Cardio, but something you enjoy. What I do is skip...yup, skip. Buy a rope, I started doing 20 seconds a day, next week, I bumped it up to 30.  Now I skip 2min/day. After I'm done, I stretch, box in the mirror, shift side to side, anything you can enjoy. Move shit in your body you don't normally move lol, it works wonders.

    7. You can do, b/c remember if you don't noone else will do it for it.


     
    Syddigs
    Syddigs
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 5765
    Posted: Jun. 15, 2010 - 6:29 AM ET #17

    As I said previously I dropped a lot of weight while not dismissing the beers but I did not have a wife who was pregnant and a great cook.

    While away from your wife I would stick to fruit and fruit only. I would also tell your wife that you want to drop a few pounds. Theres no doubt that he would love to hear tis, and as a result she will change a lot of her cooking and techniques.

    Why not tell your wife to cook as per usual and you will eat what's left? No extra portions or anything to make her cook more. If you wind up hungry the next day get some fruit or drink some water,

    Just keep doing some form of exercise ( walking included ) when youre not tending to your wife, Your wife is probably feeling super fat and hating life. Encourage her to at healthy by eating with her and hopefully you train yourself to eat smaller portions.


    Reply
    As I said previously I dropped a lot of weight while not dismissing the beers but I did not have a wife who was pregnant and a great cook.

    While away from your wife I would stick to fruit and fruit only. I would also tell your wife that you want to drop a few pounds. Theres no doubt that he would love to hear tis, and as a result she will change a lot of her cooking and techniques.

    Why not tell your wife to cook as per usual and you will eat what's left? No extra portions or anything to make her cook more. If you wind up hungry the next day get some fruit or drink some water,

    Just keep doing some form of exercise ( walking included ) when youre not tending to your wife, Your wife is probably feeling super fat and hating life. Encourage her to at healthy by eating with her and hopefully you train yourself to eat smaller portions.


     
    Syddigs
    Syddigs
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 5765
    Posted: Jun. 15, 2010 - 7:09 AM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTundra:

    Add these to your rules, it works:

    1. Eat only until your hunger is gone, not until your full. Try eating 6 small meals a day.

    2. Work out at night, morning, not much difference. If you prefer the night go with it.

    3. Go slow. Give yourself one crap day a week...where you can stuff your face with anything you want and trust me, overkill it. You like Wings, you order 20, get 30, you wanna burger, get a double. You'll enjoy, but it'll cement your brain inside to go back to healthy eating when you feel like shit later or get the shakes the next day.

    4. Drink lot's of water. Like a fucking ton. 8-10 glasses a day. Flushes shit out of your system.

    5. Go Slow...you became overweight over years and years, so change your lifestyle slowly, but do it.

    6. Cardio, but something you enjoy. What I do is skip...yup, skip. Buy a rope, I started doing 20 seconds a day, next week, I bumped it up to 30.  Now I skip 2min/day. After I'm done, I stretch, box in the mirror, shift side to side, anything you can enjoy. Move shit in your body you don't normally move lol, it works wonders.

    7. You can do, b/c remember if you don't noone else will do it for it.



    Great call. You habe to give yourself a spoil otherwise you will end up resenting the diet.

    Go hard with the fruits, salads, sushis etc during the day and the no alcohol a few day a week but you also need to give yourself a little reward. Eating late is a killer regardless whether you drink or not.

    Bottom line is that it comes down to you. If you want to lose weight you will/can.

    P.M if you need to
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTundra:

    Add these to your rules, it works:

    1. Eat only until your hunger is gone, not until your full. Try eating 6 small meals a day.

    2. Work out at night, morning, not much difference. If you prefer the night go with it.

    3. Go slow. Give yourself one crap day a week...where you can stuff your face with anything you want and trust me, overkill it. You like Wings, you order 20, get 30, you wanna burger, get a double. You'll enjoy, but it'll cement your brain inside to go back to healthy eating when you feel like shit later or get the shakes the next day.

    4. Drink lot's of water. Like a fucking ton. 8-10 glasses a day. Flushes shit out of your system.

    5. Go Slow...you became overweight over years and years, so change your lifestyle slowly, but do it.

    6. Cardio, but something you enjoy. What I do is skip...yup, skip. Buy a rope, I started doing 20 seconds a day, next week, I bumped it up to 30.  Now I skip 2min/day. After I'm done, I stretch, box in the mirror, shift side to side, anything you can enjoy. Move shit in your body you don't normally move lol, it works wonders.

    7. You can do, b/c remember if you don't noone else will do it for it.



    Great call. You habe to give yourself a spoil otherwise you will end up resenting the diet.

    Go hard with the fruits, salads, sushis etc during the day and the no alcohol a few day a week but you also need to give yourself a little reward. Eating late is a killer regardless whether you drink or not.

    Bottom line is that it comes down to you. If you want to lose weight you will/can.

    P.M if you need to
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55705
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2010 - 9:35 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMice:

    Likewise.  I've been a runner for near 20 years, countless 10k's and a handful of marathons.  And 2-3 beers every day.  Not  "wasted" calories.  No mega-sodium or mega-sugars there!   And beg to differ that in moderation has anything to do with absorption or making calories "harder to burn".  As Syddigs mentioned, the key is eating healthy.  Fruits, veggies, lean meats if any meats...minimal breads and sugars..
    And if you're really "in training", there's  no such thing as fried foods.  Or processed meats.  They'll kill you a helluva lot quicker than beer!

    Beer or soda has similar effects on your body. Your blood sugar spikes and your body changes its mind and decides to store calories as fat. Soooooo, that Big Mac you eat after drinking a 12 pack and go to bed is being converted to storage fat for later use.....thus, longer to burn off.

    The science part is probably what fooled you guys

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMice:

    Likewise.  I've been a runner for near 20 years, countless 10k's and a handful of marathons.  And 2-3 beers every day.  Not  "wasted" calories.  No mega-sodium or mega-sugars there!   And beg to differ that in moderation has anything to do with absorption or making calories "harder to burn".  As Syddigs mentioned, the key is eating healthy.  Fruits, veggies, lean meats if any meats...minimal breads and sugars..
    And if you're really "in training", there's  no such thing as fried foods.  Or processed meats.  They'll kill you a helluva lot quicker than beer!

    Beer or soda has similar effects on your body. Your blood sugar spikes and your body changes its mind and decides to store calories as fat. Soooooo, that Big Mac you eat after drinking a 12 pack and go to bed is being converted to storage fat for later use.....thus, longer to burn off.

    The science part is probably what fooled you guys

     
    Syddigs
    Syddigs
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 5765
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2010 - 11:49 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Beer or soda has similar effects on your body. Your blood sugar spikes and your body changes its mind and decides to store calories as fat. Soooooo, that Big Mac you eat after drinking a 12 pack and go to bed is being converted to storage fat for later use.....thus, longer to burn off.

    The science part is probably what fooled you guys


    That's why I was saying that it's not so much the alcohol but what you eat while drinking or after drinking. I did drink a lot but I made a point to eat BEFORE I started drinking .

    As Train69 alluded to, when you drink your metabolism slows down and it makes it harder to break down the fats and sugars digested. Get any eating out of the way before you start drinking. Not to mention that you hold your liquor better when drinking on a full stomach.

    I eat a lot of homemade soups which are very easy to prepare. My reason for the soups is that a good portion of the food is liquid so it is easier to break down. Every couple of weeks I will cook a huge pot of chicken and vegetable soup and eat that for 5 days of the week. I boil the chicken and use fresh vegies ( potatoes, carrots, broccoli, onion cauliflour, white beans etc ). The only frozen vegies I use are frozen mixed vegies i.e peas, beans and corn and I will use some tinned tomatoes.

    But I still like to give myself a spoil with a few beers or the odd Big Mac as a reward for exercising and eating healthily for the most part.

    BOL



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Beer or soda has similar effects on your body. Your blood sugar spikes and your body changes its mind and decides to store calories as fat. Soooooo, that Big Mac you eat after drinking a 12 pack and go to bed is being converted to storage fat for later use.....thus, longer to burn off.

    The science part is probably what fooled you guys


    That's why I was saying that it's not so much the alcohol but what you eat while drinking or after drinking. I did drink a lot but I made a point to eat BEFORE I started drinking .

    As Train69 alluded to, when you drink your metabolism slows down and it makes it harder to break down the fats and sugars digested. Get any eating out of the way before you start drinking. Not to mention that you hold your liquor better when drinking on a full stomach.

    I eat a lot of homemade soups which are very easy to prepare. My reason for the soups is that a good portion of the food is liquid so it is easier to break down. Every couple of weeks I will cook a huge pot of chicken and vegetable soup and eat that for 5 days of the week. I boil the chicken and use fresh vegies ( potatoes, carrots, broccoli, onion cauliflour, white beans etc ). The only frozen vegies I use are frozen mixed vegies i.e peas, beans and corn and I will use some tinned tomatoes.

    But I still like to give myself a spoil with a few beers or the odd Big Mac as a reward for exercising and eating healthily for the most part.

    BOL



     
    tyr139
    tyr139
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2010
    Posts: 1275
    Posted: Jun. 18, 2010 - 2:25 PM ET #21

    GL Brochacho
    Reply
    GL Brochacho
     
    boberts427
    boberts427
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 4934
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2010 - 3:50 AM ET #22

    chewing gum helps!!!!
    Reply
    chewing gum helps!!!!
     
    gimmedempoints
    gimmedempoints
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 1521
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2010 - 1:49 PM ET #23

    GL BOBERTS! I've been trying to lose weight myself, and I get to the gym 3 times a week, but it's the happy hour apps and drinks that kills me. I eat out for lunch everyday, but have cut back and watch what I eat alittle more. And have been trying to cut back on going out for happy hour because it leads to eatting the greasy fatty foods.
    Reply
    GL BOBERTS! I've been trying to lose weight myself, and I get to the gym 3 times a week, but it's the happy hour apps and drinks that kills me. I eat out for lunch everyday, but have cut back and watch what I eat alittle more. And have been trying to cut back on going out for happy hour because it leads to eatting the greasy fatty foods.
     
    boberts427
    boberts427
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 4934
    Posted: Jul. 18, 2010 - 3:43 AM ET #24

    219..... why can't i give up beer 

    anyone know about that Dr.OZ guy, he makes everything sound so simple it either works or is total BS

     

    my guess BS

    Reply

    219..... why can't i give up beer 

    anyone know about that Dr.OZ guy, he makes everything sound so simple it either works or is total BS

     

    my guess BS

     
     
    timdogs17
    timdogs17
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 15453
    Posted: Jul. 18, 2010 - 9:18 PM ET #25

    hey bob_i have a great 13 day diet- i went from 200 to 177 in those 13 days and kept of the weight- the program is intended to speed up your metabolism.

      p.m me if you want the diet        

    Reply

    hey bob_i have a great 13 day diet- i went from 200 to 177 in those 13 days and kept of the weight- the program is intended to speed up your metabolism.

      p.m me if you want the diet        

    All Forums | Food & Fitness
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,419
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 689
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,356
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,669
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,824
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,507
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,278
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,881
    • Los Angeles Rams @ Philadelphia Eagles 5,886
    • *”$$$ MD Sunday 10/4 $$$** 8,244

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.