• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    Week One Recap

    «First Previous 12
    MaineRoad
    TRAIN69
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Biscuiteater1
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1328
    Posts: 45
    «First Previous 12
     
    MaineRoad
    MaineRoad
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 12254
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2022 - 1:34 PM ET #26

    @TRAIN69

    Thanks man.  As you might guess, I'm a college football degenerate.  I would love to go to the Pitt/UT game tomorrow, but Acrisure (Heinz) Field is just so soul-crushing.  It's literally across the street from where I'm sitting.   Maybe I'll just come tailgate.  I've got a free parking spot after all.   

    Reply

    @TRAIN69

    Thanks man.  As you might guess, I'm a college football degenerate.  I would love to go to the Pitt/UT game tomorrow, but Acrisure (Heinz) Field is just so soul-crushing.  It's literally across the street from where I'm sitting.   Maybe I'll just come tailgate.  I've got a free parking spot after all.   

     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55663
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2022 - 1:38 PM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by MaineRoad:

    @TRAIN69 Thanks man.  As you might guess, I'm a college football degenerate.  I would love to go to the Pitt/UT game tomorrow, but Acrisure (Heinz) Field is just so soul-crushing.  It's literally across the street from where I'm sitting.   Maybe I'll just come tailgate.  I've got a free parking spot after all.
    Nothing wrong with staying at home and enjoying all the action on tv. The older I get, the more I despise crowds and greedy venues that make it impossible to enjoy things for the average american. Going to a game now basically costs as much as a short vacation....f that.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by MaineRoad:

    @TRAIN69 Thanks man.  As you might guess, I'm a college football degenerate.  I would love to go to the Pitt/UT game tomorrow, but Acrisure (Heinz) Field is just so soul-crushing.  It's literally across the street from where I'm sitting.   Maybe I'll just come tailgate.  I've got a free parking spot after all.
    Nothing wrong with staying at home and enjoying all the action on tv. The older I get, the more I despise crowds and greedy venues that make it impossible to enjoy things for the average american. Going to a game now basically costs as much as a short vacation....f that.

     
    MaineRoad
    MaineRoad
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 12254
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2022 - 1:41 PM ET #28

    And I'm probably going to wind up hating myself, but I am having a hard time believing that USC-Light stays within 8 of Arky on the roads.  Hogs are going to be ripe to fade soon, but the Cocks look like a work in progress at the moment.  

    Reply

    And I'm probably going to wind up hating myself, but I am having a hard time believing that USC-Light stays within 8 of Arky on the roads.  Hogs are going to be ripe to fade soon, but the Cocks look like a work in progress at the moment.  

     
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1037
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2022 - 2:57 PM ET #29

    @MaineRoad

     

     Might be the greatest post I have ever read in a decade on Covers. Truly priceless brother peace_5

     

    Lax heads forever an_roll_laughpeace_5

    Reply

    @MaineRoad

     

     Might be the greatest post I have ever read in a decade on Covers. Truly priceless brother peace_5

     

    Lax heads forever an_roll_laughpeace_5

     
    MaineRoad
    MaineRoad
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 12254
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2022 - 3:18 PM ET #30

    @Oktoberfestlax4

    Quite possibly. Let’s face it; I bring a lot to the table. 

    Are there Oktoberfestlax’s 1, 2, and 3 as well? 

    Reply

    @Oktoberfestlax4

    Quite possibly. Let’s face it; I bring a lot to the table. 

    Are there Oktoberfestlax’s 1, 2, and 3 as well? 

     
    MaineRoad
    MaineRoad
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 12254
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2022 - 3:24 PM ET #31

    @TRAIN69

    Exactly; that and the endless hassle of it all. 
    i don’t know how regular folks do it; and, increasingly, they don’t.  I recall seeing parking lots at Ohio State that may or may not have still been in Columbus, or Ohio. God bless people who park there. I stay on campus at LSU, and still bitch about the walk to the stadium. 

    Reply

    @TRAIN69

    Exactly; that and the endless hassle of it all. 
    i don’t know how regular folks do it; and, increasingly, they don’t.  I recall seeing parking lots at Ohio State that may or may not have still been in Columbus, or Ohio. God bless people who park there. I stay on campus at LSU, and still bitch about the walk to the stadium. 

     
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1037
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2022 - 4:32 PM ET #32

    @MaineRoad

     Was my number in college and most of the years I played any sport my man. I promise this is the only Oktoberfestlax you will find here though.... 

     

    Will chime in Train's or Wahoo's thread this weekend or whenever if I can find any games that look good. If not, may just vanish for good to the couch and my fridge filled with Ayinger Oktoberfest and Weistephaner Festbier for the rest of time an_cheers

     

    Be well Maine always a pleasure my man and our boys just won their 5th straight state title for lax in MD (Severna Park) this past year. Alabama ain't got nothing on our tradition there an_tongueout

     

    Reply

    @MaineRoad

     Was my number in college and most of the years I played any sport my man. I promise this is the only Oktoberfestlax you will find here though.... 

     

    Will chime in Train's or Wahoo's thread this weekend or whenever if I can find any games that look good. If not, may just vanish for good to the couch and my fridge filled with Ayinger Oktoberfest and Weistephaner Festbier for the rest of time an_cheers

     

    Be well Maine always a pleasure my man and our boys just won their 5th straight state title for lax in MD (Severna Park) this past year. Alabama ain't got nothing on our tradition there an_tongueout

     

     
    MaineRoad
    MaineRoad
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 12254
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2022 - 4:59 PM ET #33

    @Oktoberfestlax4

    Very nice.  SP > Bama every day, and twice on Sunday. 

    The German Club presently has the Ayenger Brau Weiss on tap.  Oh my. Should have the Andech’s festbier back soon too.  Good times. 

     

    Reply

    @Oktoberfestlax4

    Very nice.  SP > Bama every day, and twice on Sunday. 

    The German Club presently has the Ayenger Brau Weiss on tap.  Oh my. Should have the Andech’s festbier back soon too.  Good times. 

     

     
    MaineRoad
    MaineRoad
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 12254
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2022 - 6:22 PM ET #34

    [Quote: Originally Posted by Oktoberfestlax4]@MaineRoad  “Was my number in college and most of the years I played any sport my man.”

     

    i’m just going to assume you’re Lyle Thomson (or maybe Dox Aiken).  

    Reply

    [Quote: Originally Posted by Oktoberfestlax4]@MaineRoad  “Was my number in college and most of the years I played any sport my man.”

     

    i’m just going to assume you’re Lyle Thomson (or maybe Dox Aiken).  

     
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1037
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2022 - 12:50 PM ET #35

    Was a fan of the Powell brothers growing up, didn't really get to see the Gaits play until they made it to the pros. Played juco at Anne Arundel and played Onan_roll_laughondaga once, they were solid lol (Had the older Thompson brothers on that team Jerome and Jeremy along with Bucktooth and unfortunately Kent Squires Hill), but I feel like my game was like Matt Abbott from Cuse. Grew up playing rec ball with the likes of Kyle Dixon and Kip Turner till we got to high school and then we went our separate ways. 

    We were so stacked, remember beating AYLA (Annapolis area kids) 15-2 our 7th grade championship and state years...

     

    Now, I'm probably as good as Hector the rejector and spend most of my time playing my counseling kids in basketball.. 

    Reply

    Was a fan of the Powell brothers growing up, didn't really get to see the Gaits play until they made it to the pros. Played juco at Anne Arundel and played Onan_roll_laughondaga once, they were solid lol (Had the older Thompson brothers on that team Jerome and Jeremy along with Bucktooth and unfortunately Kent Squires Hill), but I feel like my game was like Matt Abbott from Cuse. Grew up playing rec ball with the likes of Kyle Dixon and Kip Turner till we got to high school and then we went our separate ways. 

    We were so stacked, remember beating AYLA (Annapolis area kids) 15-2 our 7th grade championship and state years...

     

    Now, I'm probably as good as Hector the rejector and spend most of my time playing my counseling kids in basketball.. 

     
    MaineRoad
    MaineRoad
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 12254
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2022 - 2:26 PM ET #36

    Saw a Gait dunk in the Dome in the Final Four win over Penn. There was no air conditioning in the Carrier Dome (which is kind of funny), and it was a hot day.  It was like sitting in your car with the windows up in August. UVa scored the first two goals of the second semi, and never scored again, in a 14-2 Cornell romp.  By the half of that one, the heat, the bourbon, and the Hoos@ performance had left me napping on the bench seating.  

    Reply

    Saw a Gait dunk in the Dome in the Final Four win over Penn. There was no air conditioning in the Carrier Dome (which is kind of funny), and it was a hot day.  It was like sitting in your car with the windows up in August. UVa scored the first two goals of the second semi, and never scored again, in a 14-2 Cornell romp.  By the half of that one, the heat, the bourbon, and the Hoos@ performance had left me napping on the bench seating.  

     
    MaineRoad
    MaineRoad
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 12254
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2022 - 2:30 PM ET #37

    I know guy in town who played (mostly on the bench) at Onondaga. They had ridiculous talent, but going to class wasn’t high on their list of priorities.  Many wound up as unheralded stars for teams like The Green Turtle, and the Mt. Washington Tavern. The guy I know must have been to five schools before he was done.  God only knows if he ever managed to graduate from any. 

    Reply

    I know guy in town who played (mostly on the bench) at Onondaga. They had ridiculous talent, but going to class wasn’t high on their list of priorities.  Many wound up as unheralded stars for teams like The Green Turtle, and the Mt. Washington Tavern. The guy I know must have been to five schools before he was done.  God only knows if he ever managed to graduate from any. 

     
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1037
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2022 - 2:42 PM ET #38

    @MaineRoad

     an_roll_laughYup yup and played against most of those club teams my guy as I got older and The Delaware Team from Black Banana or whatever they were called. USed to play the Howard Summer League and never go a chance to do Gillman league, but that's where the country's best played no doubt. Totally with you brother on Daga and remember Sid Smith helicoptering my boy on attack back in the day. Played the year we lost to Essex 9-7 in the regional semis and feel like we could have taken the natty that year, but I hurt my achilles and then my other guy/faceoff man Mike Flannigan from St. Mary's tore his knee when we were up by 4 at half. We literally had no faceoff men to take down Hartzell and Evan Kay that day, but should have.

    What's funny is I stopped playing for almost 3 and a half years in high school (Junior and Senior year and then took a year off or college) and then I finally made it to college (Heavy smoking and drinking issues as a junior and senior in HS with some depression lol) and then wound up playing with Louie Gonzales and the likes of Brad Korvin and Max Zarchin (All Salisbury bound) at AACC, until I decided to go play at Belmont Abbey and then York.

     

    Ended up not playing anymore when I got to York midway through season couldn't stand coach and wound up at Towson next year and despite my former coaches urging (Rob Horrigan former Towson middy), I decided to just focus on school and not transfer to Stevenson when they Cantabene got there and they were Villa Julie (Recruited me hard for a year and then chose York, what a dumfuk) and never looked back. Almost had a chance to play every division of college ball thoughan_roll_laugh

     

    Reply

    @MaineRoad

     an_roll_laughYup yup and played against most of those club teams my guy as I got older and The Delaware Team from Black Banana or whatever they were called. USed to play the Howard Summer League and never go a chance to do Gillman league, but that's where the country's best played no doubt. Totally with you brother on Daga and remember Sid Smith helicoptering my boy on attack back in the day. Played the year we lost to Essex 9-7 in the regional semis and feel like we could have taken the natty that year, but I hurt my achilles and then my other guy/faceoff man Mike Flannigan from St. Mary's tore his knee when we were up by 4 at half. We literally had no faceoff men to take down Hartzell and Evan Kay that day, but should have.

    What's funny is I stopped playing for almost 3 and a half years in high school (Junior and Senior year and then took a year off or college) and then I finally made it to college (Heavy smoking and drinking issues as a junior and senior in HS with some depression lol) and then wound up playing with Louie Gonzales and the likes of Brad Korvin and Max Zarchin (All Salisbury bound) at AACC, until I decided to go play at Belmont Abbey and then York.

     

    Ended up not playing anymore when I got to York midway through season couldn't stand coach and wound up at Towson next year and despite my former coaches urging (Rob Horrigan former Towson middy), I decided to just focus on school and not transfer to Stevenson when they Cantabene got there and they were Villa Julie (Recruited me hard for a year and then chose York, what a dumfuk) and never looked back. Almost had a chance to play every division of college ball thoughan_roll_laugh

     

     
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1037
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2022 - 2:46 PM ET #39

    Best was seeing Mikey Powell at the F4 outside of M&T Bank Stadium and he was just playing his guitar and music for live crowd as they walked by and me and boy just saw there and were like no sh#t. Think it was the year Delaware made it to F4 almost like a decade ago.

     

    Good times my man and best and lax is a completely different mindset up North East and was blessed to play for the likes of Ron Staines growing up (Sent all his boys to North Carolina). We ran through states most years and then most ended up at Severn HS, Spalding, Mt. Saint Joe, and Severna Park...

     

    Good times brother and have not picked up a stick in years, but talking with you know makes me want to go find a club team and just wait till the parking lot festivities like usual...an_roll_laugh

     

    God bless you Maine and will look at for you like usual throughout the year my guy!!

     

    peace_5

    Reply

    Best was seeing Mikey Powell at the F4 outside of M&T Bank Stadium and he was just playing his guitar and music for live crowd as they walked by and me and boy just saw there and were like no sh#t. Think it was the year Delaware made it to F4 almost like a decade ago.

     

    Good times my man and best and lax is a completely different mindset up North East and was blessed to play for the likes of Ron Staines growing up (Sent all his boys to North Carolina). We ran through states most years and then most ended up at Severn HS, Spalding, Mt. Saint Joe, and Severna Park...

     

    Good times brother and have not picked up a stick in years, but talking with you know makes me want to go find a club team and just wait till the parking lot festivities like usual...an_roll_laugh

     

    God bless you Maine and will look at for you like usual throughout the year my guy!!

     

    peace_5

     
    MaineRoad
    MaineRoad
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 12254
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2022 - 3:02 PM ET #40

    You should travel the country telling that story verbatim to kids planning to “go D1,” or maybe to their parents.  It would be like Lacrosse Scared Straight.  Your story is nuts, but not really uncommon. 
    Yeah. Delaware (where my dad’s in the Hall of Fame) upset Virginia (where I went) in Charlottesville to go to the final four. I think they lost to Hopkins, back when Hopkins was good and stuff.  

    Reply

    You should travel the country telling that story verbatim to kids planning to “go D1,” or maybe to their parents.  It would be like Lacrosse Scared Straight.  Your story is nuts, but not really uncommon. 
    Yeah. Delaware (where my dad’s in the Hall of Fame) upset Virginia (where I went) in Charlottesville to go to the final four. I think they lost to Hopkins, back when Hopkins was good and stuff.  

     
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1037
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2022 - 6:48 PM ET #41

    Truth brother and that's insane with your dad in the HOF and you going to UVA. With Lax man, we have so many headcases you are spot on brother and some of the best kids I ever played with, no one has ever heard of like Evan Kay (Essex to UMBC) or Peet Poilon when he was at Howard CC and then made it to the league. Would love to meet up one day and the likes of Woo, Train, Nos whoever and just grab a few and chill with real heads in the game..

     

    Truly God bless man and live in the ATL (Kennesaw, GA) now, so if you ever make it down let me know brother...

     

    Always a pleasure Maine peace_5

    Reply

    Truth brother and that's insane with your dad in the HOF and you going to UVA. With Lax man, we have so many headcases you are spot on brother and some of the best kids I ever played with, no one has ever heard of like Evan Kay (Essex to UMBC) or Peet Poilon when he was at Howard CC and then made it to the league. Would love to meet up one day and the likes of Woo, Train, Nos whoever and just grab a few and chill with real heads in the game..

     

    Truly God bless man and live in the ATL (Kennesaw, GA) now, so if you ever make it down let me know brother...

     

    Always a pleasure Maine peace_5

     
    MaineRoad
    MaineRoad
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 12254
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2022 - 1:00 PM ET #42

    Peet is from just down the road, Seneca Valley High School, where he scored something like 430 goals for a brand new program they basically started because of him. Wasn’t he at Ohio State for like an hour?  Something like that. He would go on to coach Seneca (best color scheme in the Wpial) to its only Wpial title. He left, and they’ve been kind of a mess ever since.  If I ever make it to Georgia, there will be cocktails.  Ditto if you ever make it to Pittsburgh. I’ve met several Covers folks over the years, and they’ve all been great, and astonishingly normal.  I’m even duller than that.  

    Reply

    Peet is from just down the road, Seneca Valley High School, where he scored something like 430 goals for a brand new program they basically started because of him. Wasn’t he at Ohio State for like an hour?  Something like that. He would go on to coach Seneca (best color scheme in the Wpial) to its only Wpial title. He left, and they’ve been kind of a mess ever since.  If I ever make it to Georgia, there will be cocktails.  Ditto if you ever make it to Pittsburgh. I’ve met several Covers folks over the years, and they’ve all been great, and astonishingly normal.  I’m even duller than that.  

     
    Biscuiteater1
    Biscuiteater1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 33082
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2022 - 6:28 PM ET #43

    I will never forgive AACC for locking me and bud outta a Mountain concert. an_cry

    Reply

    I will never forgive AACC for locking me and bud outta a Mountain concert. an_cry

     
    MaineRoad
    MaineRoad
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 12254
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2022 - 8:18 PM ET #44

    @Biscuiteater1

     That's kind of hilarious.  Mountain, who cleverly opted not to appear on the Woodstock album.  Worked out well for them. 

    Reply

    @Biscuiteater1

     That's kind of hilarious.  Mountain, who cleverly opted not to appear on the Woodstock album.  Worked out well for them. 

     
     
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1037
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2022 - 11:38 AM ET #45

    @MaineRoad

    Yes, yes, and yes and think he and Evan ended up at UMBC too if I remember Maine. That's crazy and remember you said PA and man I was at York when they had the coach before like 15 years ago, but they had just built that 40 million dollar complex, but quit like 3 or 4 games into the season that year. We were top 25 material that year, and I only went there because I was enamored with the new complex and was like wtf is a villa julie and ddin't feel like walking onto Salisbury at the time lol. 

     

    Long story short, but that York team ended up like 9-7 and I honestly believe they were one of the worst college lacrosse teams I had ever seen no lie. Played with pneumonia first 2 games and by the time we played Catholic the 3rd or 4th game of the season, I just couldn't do it. they were that terrible. Think the Bury rolled them by like 25 later in the year...

     

    If I ever do make it no doubt my brother and same if you make it down here. Used to help coach Rock with Ricky Matthews (Limestone alum) back home in MD for a few years and it was the 5th and 6th grade teams. A lot of those kids ended up at Saint Paul's or a few other Baltimore schools, but I was done with coaching after that (Coached a Christian School in the ATL 7 years back and my God were they behind our boys up east. Running a fast break was a problem to say the least) and have become a full-time coach potato brother. Let me know anytime and I am there...

    Reply

    @MaineRoad

    Yes, yes, and yes and think he and Evan ended up at UMBC too if I remember Maine. That's crazy and remember you said PA and man I was at York when they had the coach before like 15 years ago, but they had just built that 40 million dollar complex, but quit like 3 or 4 games into the season that year. We were top 25 material that year, and I only went there because I was enamored with the new complex and was like wtf is a villa julie and ddin't feel like walking onto Salisbury at the time lol. 

     

    Long story short, but that York team ended up like 9-7 and I honestly believe they were one of the worst college lacrosse teams I had ever seen no lie. Played with pneumonia first 2 games and by the time we played Catholic the 3rd or 4th game of the season, I just couldn't do it. they were that terrible. Think the Bury rolled them by like 25 later in the year...

     

    If I ever do make it no doubt my brother and same if you make it down here. Used to help coach Rock with Ricky Matthews (Limestone alum) back home in MD for a few years and it was the 5th and 6th grade teams. A lot of those kids ended up at Saint Paul's or a few other Baltimore schools, but I was done with coaching after that (Coached a Christian School in the ATL 7 years back and my God were they behind our boys up east. Running a fast break was a problem to say the least) and have become a full-time coach potato brother. Let me know anytime and I am there...

    All Forums | College Football
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,621
    • Monday 09/28/2026 807
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,260
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 59,989
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,740
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,337
    • Eagles@Bears discussion 2,913
    • Another BS PI 999
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,546
    • NCAA WEEK 4 *** Parlay Picasso *** 9,347

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.