New and improved forum search options. Check it out!

REESE'S SENIOR BOWL DEGENS UNITE HERE!!!

Participants:
Views: 547

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

I assume there will be a line for this on or around saturday, anyone else take a looking into this one?... 

Interesting all star game with much better talent than the Shrine Bowl or NFLPA, almost no FCS players here.. better note the rules since it's pretty QB favorable with no blitzing and and limited coverage packages to match the limited WR sets teams can have.. also quirk where each quarter ends is basically the end of a half so a little more rushing to a FG or TD kinda speeds the game up a little.. Not a rule but just looking back at these games you see almost no significant QB running as I assume the emphasis is on pocket presence and pass accuracy making reads, etc... and maybe 60/40 pass to run with 3QB's on each team to evaluate, see below... no particular order....   

NORTH QB's
 - Patterson (mich)
 - J-Love (utah st)
 - Anthony Gordon (wash st)

SOUTH QB's
 - Montez (Col)
 - Hurts Retntal Car (OU)
 - Herbert (UO)

First look at the rosters I gotta like the South since it's pretty packed to the gills with the some really good SEC talent, and multiple players from same team are in a few of the same units ... Gotta like the QB's too... However North WR group is STACKED HUGE... Mims (Bay), AGG (Lib), Claypool (ND), Hill (OSU), Prosche (SMU), Quartney (A&M), Pittman (USC)... WOOOOAH NELLIE...

South squad WRs with Aiyuk (ASU), Jefferson (UF), Mack (OSU), Jennings (Tenn), Johnson/Duvernay (UT), Lipscomb (Vandy)... South does have the FAU, LSU and Vandy TE's which I think are the better bunch, can't recognize anyone on the North's TE list.. 

Quote Post Report User

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

High level I like the South with all the SEC and Clemson guys on the roster ... QB, RB, LB and DL look pretty good ...

Here's a quick look at who I'd want on the rosters by position here's a few notes considering some of the quirky rules they 

QB - Most accurate pocket passer.... noted in other All star games the system guys and the take off dance around guys do much worse trying to show off for NFL scouts.. LY you had Gardner Minshew go 1-8 .. now got another high pass % guy from Wazzu... Also had guys like Tyree Jackson in the past.. guys you take their rush away and their game goes to hell... Unsure if that Hurts Hurts but he was incredibly accurate all year just don't know how much of that was an ability to scramble.. Gotta Love J-Love in the North with all those WR's, could put on a great show in this one assuming he's not out all night smoking weed this time... 

RB - Again not guys from weird systems or spread O's that made a living by running on through a paper thin front... want guys that can pound it or catch it... North with Haysty (Bay), Anderson (TCU), Kelley (UCLA) vs Benjamin (ASU), Perine (UF), Gibson (Memp), Vaughn (Vandy).... You gotta like Vaughn Perine and Benjamin combo here.. Memphis guy Gibson is 6'2'' 220 and was really the 3rd stringer that came on late with Patrick Taylor injured for many games... dude TORE it up vs Cincy in the conf champ game and had alot of catches this year.. ended the year w only 33 rushes but 11ypc and 4 TD's 38 catches 735 yds and 19/catch 8TD's .. WOWZERZ... 

OL - Cut blocking not allowed ... didn't see any AF guys... don't really know these guys in depth but South has Cushinberry and Lewis from LSU, Simpson and Anchrum from Clemson.. North with Harris/Adams from Wash.. some good duos from the same teams... 

WR - You saw the North group noted above... wow gotta like the North.. 

DL - You need beef in the middle and a bevvy of pass rushers.... they make it really tough to get to the QB with the LB blitz off the table... think the South will be much better with AUB, UF, Ole Miss and S.Car guys they got ... unfortunately Raekwan davis was on the roster for the South too but he's out.. 

DB - Would think pure cover corners and safties  .. slower bulkier run stopper types not so much... especailly if you're the South and need to cover THAT group of WRs lol... . I'd say the North with 3 from ND and 2 from Mich might benefit from guys who have played together.. Otherwise pretty big hodge podge of DB's... 

LB - Would want more OLB cover guys... blitzkriegers not so much with the no blitz rules ... South has Jennings and Lewis from Bama, Cam Brown from Penn St, Davis-Gaither from App St was pretty good... North with Weaver from Cal great run stopping MLB brings it every game .. but Braun from Wisc is the only OLB the North has and South with 3 OLBs ... def don't want an all beefed up run stop only group I'd want more guys who can really cover ... 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

Last point ... again just looking back at these games it doesn't seem like they end up being close ... one in last 5 years was within a point ... all others were 10 or more with loser scoring around 10-15 points ... and definitely the better passing among the 3 or so QB's was the difference..... I'd bet with Herbert and the whose who of SEC talent on the South roster the South ends up with the lions share of any degen handle .. highly doubt Frankie Vegas from 1-900-SHARPS-ONLY is putting all his best clients on a college football all star game the day before the super bowl... 

Obviously North with huge advantage with their WR group... maybe begs the question are how the South DB's match up... if North has a field day passing with those guys then may not even matter how everything else matches up... unsure what the total will be but you have all that WR talent stacked on the sure fire underdog who only has 3 RB's on the roster... seems like South would have to outgun the North on some level if they're gunna sure fire win this one.. 

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

Bridge , Great stuff , buddy. Thanks for posting 

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

Lines are up , Bud    

GL  

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:

Lines are up , Bud    

GL  

Opened at South - 1 1/2  ....... 41 1/2

Now moving towards  - 2 1/2

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

A few years back I was able to figure out an edge in order to win betting the senior bowl.. I would max bet the game with 2-3 diff books.  At the time the NFL network played each teams full practice, for the entire week.  I would DVR the practices, and rewatch the drills because you could clearly tell which team was more talented....

Now they only play a 45 min day recap of what happened that day at practice... Over the past few years the senior bowl has completely changed, because teams wanted to manufacture specific scenarios in order to see how players performed in situations like two minute drills, red zone drills, etc... Now it's really tough to bet the game because it's no longer an actual game.  

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #8

Quote Originally Posted by WISEGUY36:

Opened at South - 1 1/2  ....... 41 1/2

Now moving towards  - 2 1/2

South strikes first     7 - 0    1st Qtr.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #9

Was travelling today caught the first half or so ... fun bets on the South -1.5, Over 41.5 and North TT O20 came out a little bit ahead... man Hope the Bears don't get Montez or Hurts lol...

Legend
Participation Meter
Posted: #10

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge1:

Was travelling today caught the first half or so ... fun bets on the South -1.5, Over 41.5 and North TT O20 came out a little bit ahead... man Hope the Bears don't get Montez or Hurts lol...

Or any member of the South's Offensive Line 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #11

I only saw Herbert live ... that Michigan player blew by the line and seemed like he thought he was in 2 hand tough practice mode and herbert took off for 20 yds ... I'm guessing it didn't work out quite as well the rest of the game lol ...

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #12

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge1:

I only saw Herbert live ... that Michigan player blew by the line and seemed like he thought he was in 2 hand tough practice mode and herbert took off for 20 yds ... I'm guessing it didn't work out quite as well the rest of the game lol ...

I think it would be very foolish for the Bears to sign a FA QB, but drafting one would probably be even worse... The Bears arent far away from contending for a SB, but bc of their limited assets (cap space/limited draft picks) they should use 90% of their assets to address all of the holes on the offense.  This season is way too important for Trubisky and Nagy that they HAVE to fix their Oline, bc if its another season of Mitch regularly under diruess, paired with a running game that averages 2ypc, and incapable of gaining explosive plays... They're going to be doomed again.  They also need to find a TE who can be a focal point of the offense (arguably most important position in the Andy Reid coaching tree: Ertz/Goddart in Philly, Kelce in KC, Ebron in Indy) Notice the difference Brady/ Andy Dalton/ Cam/ Garrappalo/ Trubisky/ Lamar/ Mayfield/Derek Carr all had when their fav TE was in the lineup... 

I think the Bears should add an OG/CB/Edge in FA, and then move up and down the draft to acquire one of the best TE's, a day one starting WR, OLine depth, and a dynamic RB back that is more dynamic than Montgomery...  If after all of that Mitch still isint the guy, they;ll be in prime position to draft a QB next yr.  If I was T Lawerence/ Fields I would be praying every night to be selected by Chicago

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #13

holy crap... there is a lot of blaa blaa blaa here. I still don't know who is favorite here.  confused   Guess it is somewhere in this diatribe of words but who has the time or energy....  blaa blaa blaa

Get the best sports betting information delivered straight to your inbox for free.
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GDPR Logo Evalon Logo Evalon Logo