Posted:
#1
November: 46-38, +5.20
November Leans: 39-38
December: 65-70, -9.45
December Leans: 67-79
January: 52-39, +15.80
January Leans: 40-37
February: 35-24, +36.60
February Leans: 36-33
Couple weeks back, I played Evansville in this spot (post #31 here), but the shoe’s on the other foot now. Rather than Creighton going from physical to finesse, now it’s Evansville doing that for two straight games and hitting the road here. When Creighton is hitting shots, they’re good, and they’ve now scored 80+ two straight games. Evansville last couple games on the road have scored 52 and 54. Creighton should exact some revenge in a big-time way here and it should be another 80+ night with a slight bump in the Evansville offense going from weird styles to a more up and down here. Bad spot for Creighton first meeting, but not this time. They shot a season low 18% from the perimeter, and the second season worst 40% from the floor against one of the worst defenses in the MVC and scored less than 60 points for the only time this season. They played their worst game of the season in their worst loss of the season, and were still tied with 3 minutes to go there. Also had an awkward scheme in that game, too. Evansville let them shoot. When Simmons saw that they weren’t hitting, he packed the defense in the paint and basically said if they’re going to lose, they’re going to lose by Creighton hitting jump shots. Probably a good chance he can’t do that tonight on the road, and if he does, well, I don’t think it’s going to end good. First game was Evansville’s title game, revenge should show up here. And I only have a four point difference in home/road line here? I see value.
5* Creighton -10
I will start this by saying that if there is one spot that Illinois gets up for a game the rest of the year, this is probably it. But, I’m going the other way based on a few things. For one, Bruce has lost the players, I’m fairly confident of that. For reference, check out the halftime lead at Nebraska that quickly turned into a 43-7 second half run they allowed to…Nebraska of all teams. Illinois just couldn’t defend, and didn’t look like they cared to do so, either. And, it actually led to tears on the bench and in the locker-room. First meeting this year was the Brandon Paul show, couldn’t miss, and he was the sole reason they were even in the game. I assume Bruce changes the lineup tonight for some odd reason, and if that happens, the offense takes a huge hit regardless of who see’s time on the floor and the defense doesn’t get any better, either. Thad hates Illinois. No reason he takes it easy off a loss, tonight. Thad off a loss last couple years: Win by 24, Win by 31, Win by 17, Win by 10, Win by 10, Win by 19. Again, just a lean. Scared of Illini going in with the motto of doing whatever they want, whenever they want, and I think that’s possibly a good thing if Bruce just lets the talent play without any awkward direction.
Lean: Ohio State -15
