Why Dolphins Traded Jay Ajayi for Next to Nothing!
Smart move by Coach Gase. Miami will get a huge psychological boost this week. Take them with the points.
How Doc? How does it help Miami?
Smart move by Coach Gase. Miami will get a huge psychological boost this week. Take them with the points.
How Doc? How does it help Miami?
This makes no sense on its surface. There must be something deeper. Miami is not out of it yet this season, yet they just jettisoned on of their top 3 players for next to nothing (a 4th rounder next year - milk toast). Jay Ajayi was the 3rd best running back in the NFL this year after a hit according to experts. He could not run because the offensive line is performing at the worst in the NFL. So how do you make a team stronger by getting rid of your star running back when running is one of your biggest need areas? Was he falling asleep in meetings due to concussions? Was he trying to renegotiate his contract? The Dolphins loss is the Eagles gain. I think the Eagles are the favorite to win the Super Bowl now with Carson throwing, Jay running and that great defense. Miami is left twisting in the wind. Amazing. Thoughts?
M O N E Y
Could it be any more obvious.
This makes no sense on its surface. There must be something deeper. Miami is not out of it yet this season, yet they just jettisoned on of their top 3 players for next to nothing (a 4th rounder next year - milk toast). Jay Ajayi was the 3rd best running back in the NFL this year after a hit according to experts. He could not run because the offensive line is performing at the worst in the NFL. So how do you make a team stronger by getting rid of your star running back when running is one of your biggest need areas? Was he falling asleep in meetings due to concussions? Was he trying to renegotiate his contract? The Dolphins loss is the Eagles gain. I think the Eagles are the favorite to win the Super Bowl now with Carson throwing, Jay running and that great defense. Miami is left twisting in the wind. Amazing. Thoughts?
M O N E Y
Could it be any more obvious.
When you're in command of a group of men, and someone is undermining your authority, you have to make an example out of them. You watch this week how the Dolphins play. It will be their most spirited game of the year.There's also the finger pointing psychological aspect. The rest of the players can point their fingers and say, "You see, it wasn't our fault, it was his fault."
How did jay usurp coach gase's authority?
When you're in command of a group of men, and someone is undermining your authority, you have to make an example out of them. You watch this week how the Dolphins play. It will be their most spirited game of the year.There's also the finger pointing psychological aspect. The rest of the players can point their fingers and say, "You see, it wasn't our fault, it was his fault."
How did jay usurp coach gase's authority?
I wouldnt be so quick to call the Eagles immediate favorites to go to the Super Bowl with the Ajayi move. Yes they are good but until they play and win against a good defense i will reserve judgment. They could very well end up in the NFC Championship game but only thing going against them is playoff experience.
I wouldnt be so quick to call the Eagles immediate favorites to go to the Super Bowl with the Ajayi move. Yes they are good but until they play and win against a good defense i will reserve judgment. They could very well end up in the NFC Championship game but only thing going against them is playoff experience.
You're missing the point. It's about the responsibility and burden of command. Anyone reading this who has served in the military, especially an officer, knows exactly what I'm talking about. Take Miami with the points.
I get the need for a leader to be tough doc. Gase did that well last year by not taking jay to the first away game. And jay responded with one of the best rushing seasons in dolphins history. So why couldn't he just bench him for all players to see ... then use him when get was ready. But more importantly, what did jay do this year? I'm sure it was something to anger Gase . .. but I never read of it. You don't go trading your best player for a low 4th round pick just to show who is boss! There must be more. Much more!
You're missing the point. It's about the responsibility and burden of command. Anyone reading this who has served in the military, especially an officer, knows exactly what I'm talking about. Take Miami with the points.
I get the need for a leader to be tough doc. Gase did that well last year by not taking jay to the first away game. And jay responded with one of the best rushing seasons in dolphins history. So why couldn't he just bench him for all players to see ... then use him when get was ready. But more importantly, what did jay do this year? I'm sure it was something to anger Gase . .. but I never read of it. You don't go trading your best player for a low 4th round pick just to show who is boss! There must be more. Much more!
I can only hope Gase is smarter than espn....here is a quote just out on espn...and I agree with it:
However, the Dolphins would have been wiser to keep Ajayi for the rest of this season to see whether they could have made a second-half push instead of jumping at the chance to land a measly fourth-rounder. Ajayi still had one year left on his rookie contract. He likely would have had the same, if not more, value in the offseason if Miami still wanted to trade him.
I can only hope Gase is smarter than espn....here is a quote just out on espn...and I agree with it:
However, the Dolphins would have been wiser to keep Ajayi for the rest of this season to see whether they could have made a second-half push instead of jumping at the chance to land a measly fourth-rounder. Ajayi still had one year left on his rookie contract. He likely would have had the same, if not more, value in the offseason if Miami still wanted to trade him.
Trading jay away was nothing short of the sporting equivalent of team and coach suicide. It makes absolutely NO SENSE. I sincerely hope I am wrong. But I think on this one I'm spot on.
Trading jay away was nothing short of the sporting equivalent of team and coach suicide. It makes absolutely NO SENSE. I sincerely hope I am wrong. But I think on this one I'm spot on.
I would say the situation is either money, stupidity, or a combination of the two. Some of these football organizations are not as bright as we think they are. Another thing to consider what if they are changing offensive styles and he does not fit that style. Btw did they make the pick conditional ?
I don't think anyone's ever accused the Dolphins of being bright.
I would say the situation is either money, stupidity, or a combination of the two. Some of these football organizations are not as bright as we think they are. Another thing to consider what if they are changing offensive styles and he does not fit that style. Btw did they make the pick conditional ?
I don't think anyone's ever accused the Dolphins of being bright.
Hot Forum Topics
- 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,419
- Sunday 10/04/2026 689
- NFL LOCKED IN! 104,356
- ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,669
- This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,824
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,507
- __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,278
- Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,881
- Los Angeles Rams @ Philadelphia Eagles 5,886
- *”$$$ MD Sunday 10/4 $$$** 8,244
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
