New and improved forum search options. Check it out!

ABSOLUTE BEST NFL HANDICAPPING BOOKS & MAGAZINES!

Participants:
Views: 4004

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #1

1) Marc Lawrence's Playbook Football Preview Guide - usually out the last week of June. Great team write-ups and articles, along with tons of trends. A must-read.

2) Lindy's Pro Football Annual - Bought my copy today at the newsstand! Lots of good player info and a coaching roster for every team.

3) Athlon Sports Pro Football Annual - Bought my copy of this today too! Also has good player info, along with great info on all the different coordinator changes.

4) Week One NFL Winners - 2019 version on sale at Amazon now. Over 100 pages of analysis for this year's 16 Week One games. Tons of coaching history info. Must-read.

5) How to Beat the Pro Football Pointspread by Bobby Smith. A really good book with some great handicapping advice.

There are other good ones, but they are out of print and difficult to find. The ones listed above are all available and on sale now.

If you bought them all, the cost would be between $25 and $50, depending on whether you got the Kindle or paperback versions.

A splendid investment for anyone betting $50 or more per game. If you can only get one, I would go with Marc Lawrence.
Quote Post Report User

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #2

The Marc Lawrence Playbook is an absolute requirement.  Been using it for 15+ years.

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #3

These books are not way to be profitable better. They have some interesting trend and the usual stuff that may look amazing but when it comes to consistently beating bookmakers edge in daily matchups they don't mean anythings. Bettors who follow any of those things discussed in those books will lose long term until they learn to handicap the game in hand with present match up situations on a weekly basis. 

Banned
Participation Meter
Posted: #4

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorSuccess:

1) Marc Lawrence's Playbook Football Preview Guide - usually out the last week of June. Great team write-ups and articles, along with tons of trends. A must-read.

2) Lindy's Pro Football Annual - Bought my copy today at the newsstand! Lots of good player info and a coaching roster for every team.

3) Athlon Sports Pro Football Annual - Bought my copy of this today too! Also has good player info, along with great info on all the different coordinator changes.

4) Week One NFL Winners - 2019 version on sale at Amazon now. Over 100 pages of analysis for this year's 16 Week One games. Tons of coaching history info. Must-read.

5) How to Beat the Pro Football Pointspread by Bobby Smith. A really good book with some great handicapping advice.

There are other good ones, but they are out of print and difficult to find. The ones listed above are all available and on sale now.

If you bought them all, the cost would be between $25 and $50, depending on whether you got the Kindle or paperback versions.

A splendid investment for anyone betting $50 or more per game. If you can only get one, I would go with Marc Lawrence.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #5

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveCover88:

These books are not way to be profitable better. They have some interesting trend and the usual stuff that may look amazing but when it comes to consistently beating bookmakers edge in daily matchups they don't mean anythings. Bettors who follow any of those things discussed in those books will lose long term until they learn to handicap the game in hand with present match up situations on a weekly basis. 

If you're not making money off those publications, you're doing something wrong.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #6

[Quote: Originally Posted by ILoveCover88]

[/Quote

Now the truth comes out, you're a shill!! 

AH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #7

Phil Steele College Football Preview. I don't even use it as much as I use to but I gotten it every year since l believe my senior year in high school. I just turned 36. It's tradition.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #8

Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

Phil Steele College Football Preview. I don't even use it as much as I use to but I gotten it every year since l believe my senior year in high school. I just turned 36. It's tradition.

That's really cool, Stu. I think a lot of this is tradition. With the world turning upside down before our eyes, it feels good to go back to our childhood and high school days when life was less compicated.

Every fall, when football rolls around, I'm reminded of a more carefree time; when the girls were pretty, and the music was good, and all you needed were your buddies, a field, and a football.

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #9

Quote Originally Posted by omb1:

The Marc Lawrence Playbook is an absolute requirement.  Been using it for 15+ years.
Ditto!!! It's  great source to create systems as in worst team going dog to fav worst game number worst when playing in east or west

etc etc...

TIP 100%  kiss of death whoever nfl player he puts on cover mostly the QB s 100% that year even if they get to superbowl Brady was on when facing Eagles , Wilson was on it when facing Patriots , Big Ben failed in [playoffs Eli manning failed in playoffs ..

IT;s worst than the Madden jinx
I LOVE GAMBLING

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #10

Quote Originally Posted by omb1:

Now on sale! Baker Mayfield on the cover.

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #11

Wouldn't it cost a lot more than $50 if you bought every teams preview for Lindy's or Athlon's? Or is there a version that has all teams?

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #12

Quote Originally Posted by defqon24:

Wouldn't it cost a lot more than $50 if you bought every teams preview for Lindy's or Athlon's? Or is there a version that has all teams?

Each magazine covers all 32 pro teams.

Prospect
Participation Meter
Posted: #13

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorSuccess:

Quote Originally Posted by defqon24:

Each magazine covers all 32 pro teams.

Thank you

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #14

Going through my copy of Lindy's ProFootball Annual and I noticed a couple of games worth circling: the Falcons play five division games in a row Nov. 10 to Dec. 8. On December 15, they have a road game at Frisco. Big advantage 49ers.

The Saints play four division games in a row from Nov. 10 to Nov. 28. On December 8, they have a home game vs. Frisco. Big advantage 49ers.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #15

Lindys is good for familiarizing yourself with teams. Anything published had already been beaten to Death and the value is already gone.Mark Lawrence is a joke. 

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #16

The Logic of Sports Betting is the best handicapping book I've read

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #17

Quote Originally Posted by JerryWrasse:

The Logic of Sports Betting is the best handicapping book I've read

Thanks for the tip!

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #18

I want to add Suuma's team write-ups to the mix here. I've read the first several - from Arizona to Carolina - and it's really fantastic stuff. Way better than what he used to post here, and the stuff he posted here was excellent.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #19

I just finished going through Lindy's and Athlon Sports' annuals. Tons of money-making nuggets in those two. I made copious notes. Next up is Marc Lawrence's Playbook annual.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #20

Has anyone seen Pro Football Weekly's 2019 magazine? I can't find it on Amazon or at the newsstand. It's not as good as the other magazines and books listed here, but for 9 bucks, it's worth a read.

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #21

Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

Is Phil Steele ever going to put out a Pro Football magazine again?

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #22

I'm reading a fascinating book called GridIron Genius by Michael Lombardi. Like the other books mentioned at the top of this thread, it's loaded with information that can be applied to winning bets. You don't even have to buy it; I got my copy at the library.

If you're too lazy to read, you're too lazy to win.

Hall of Fame
Participation Meter
Posted: #23

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveCover88:

Keep ALL of your discussion about your favorite tout to the website promo section

Captain
Participation Meter
Posted: #24

I have found many errors in Marc Lawrence's Playbook over the past two years.  I don't think it's proofread very well.  

Veteran
Participation Meter
Posted: #25

That's possible. I like to double-check things, just in case. Whenever you're dealing with something over 50 pages, there are bound to be at least a couple of typos.

I'm reading a couple of best-selling books right now, both put out by major New York publishing houses, and each one contains typos.
Get the best sports betting information delivered straight to your inbox for free.
Covers 25 Years Logo Established in 1995,
Covers is the world
leader in sports
betting information.
Covers is verified safe by: Evalon Logo GDPR Logo Evalon Logo Evalon Logo