• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum

    monday lines (25-11-1 last 36, around 70%) oh! and.. (9-2-1 **(big)**, around 82%)

    12 Next Last»
    syoudeem
    hofil
    ozzwald
    glenndef62
    SHANE1752
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3360
    Posts: 32
    12 Next Last»
     
    syoudeem
    syoudeem
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 1323
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 1:56 AM ET #1

    25-11-1 ATS last 36 
    9-2-1 (big)*** bets
    Tuesday: 6-0 (1-0 big)
    Thursday: 0-2-1 (0-0-1 big)
    Friday: 10-4 leans / 7-2 posted bets / (3-0 big)
    Saturday: 8-2 posted picks / (4-0 big) 
    Sunday: 3-5 posted picks / (1-2 big) 

    Not going to say anything else about yesterday's events besides, I wish I could say more and bitch about some of the ridiculous shit that happens in some of these games. But when I'm on the right side of this ridiculousness, I have no complaints. Gotta accept the fact that you're going to get fuk'd once in a while.


    Initially Capped Games:

    orlando -1  ---- o/u 190
    (ML***) Utah -6  ----- o/u  200
    Noh +2*  under 193*
    Wash -4** over 188**
    Miami -5.5  under 195*  
    Sas -8***  over 214***
    Portland -6  under 185***
    Gsw -3 * (1st qtr)** ---- o/u 220
    Clipps -3  under 206*

    and ...
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    25-11-1 ATS last 36 
    9-2-1 (big)*** bets
    Tuesday: 6-0 (1-0 big)
    Thursday: 0-2-1 (0-0-1 big)
    Friday: 10-4 leans / 7-2 posted bets / (3-0 big)
    Saturday: 8-2 posted picks / (4-0 big) 
    Sunday: 3-5 posted picks / (1-2 big) 

    Not going to say anything else about yesterday's events besides, I wish I could say more and bitch about some of the ridiculous shit that happens in some of these games. But when I'm on the right side of this ridiculousness, I have no complaints. Gotta accept the fact that you're going to get fuk'd once in a while.


    Initially Capped Games:

    orlando -1  ---- o/u 190
    (ML***) Utah -6  ----- o/u  200
    Noh +2*  under 193*
    Wash -4** over 188**
    Miami -5.5  under 195*  
    Sas -8***  over 214***
    Portland -6  under 185***
    Gsw -3 * (1st qtr)** ---- o/u 220
    Clipps -3  under 206*

    and ...
     
    hofil
    hofil
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2005
    Posts: 9156
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 10:17 AM ET #2

    MIAMI!!!
    LAC!!!
    Reply
    MIAMI!!!
    LAC!!!
     
    ozzwald
    ozzwald
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2003
    Posts: 10398
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 10:53 AM ET #3

    good luck
    Reply
    good luck
     
    syoudeem
    syoudeem
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 1323
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 12:20 PM ET #4

    Hello to those who follow..


    Picks (no leans - no time - no write up during the day - but can explain pick upon request):

    Orlando -2*** and OrlandoAtlanta Under 187  

    Stan Van Gundy is upset with his team's defense, lost 6 of 7 or something like that, and giving up a lot of points along the way. I was betting on them last game against Philly, and got screwed because of the trades, believing they were going to go hard and set the tone for their next few games before christmas. It will be tonight against the hawks, who won't have jamal crawford. 


    Utah ML*** and Utah/Cleveland Over 198***   

    Utah will win tonight, and I don't know how the cavs are going to come out so I don't want to bet the spread. When a team loses 10 games in a row, it leaves a reallllly bad taste in their mouths. So when that finally gets a win, it's very possible that they will be motivated to not go back. Now, I can't say that Cleveland is that type of team, but I also can't say for sure that they will come out hard. Either way, I don't see this as any kind of defensive game whatsoever.

    Miami/Dallas Under 190.5**

    I just picture this as like a really intense high school game, where the crowd is constantly buzzing and cheering and booing and woww-ing.. It will be a very intense game with emotions running high. I look at this game like as if it were a chess match. Neither team knows exactly what they need to do to pull out a victory, so with that said, I dont think they will too offensive-minded, but rather a little more reserved. Each team knows what the other team is capable of offensively. They're both powerhouses. But which team can defend better? That's the question of the day. And I think that these two squads are going into tonight with that kind of mindset - where they know that defense will win tonight's game. 


    Spurs -11.5*** Over 213*

    I think the Spurs will beat the Suns by 20+ tonight. Phoenix has covered 7 of their last 8 against the spurs, and the only cover by the spurs was with a 2 point win as a 1 point favorite. The Suns have had the Spurs' number in the past few years. But this "rivalry" is no longer a rivalry once the Suns lost Amare. It's now the Spurs that will start a streak of their own against Phx. I like the spurs ats, but the over all depends on how many points the suns will put up. I am pretty confident that the Spurs will put up at least 110 or something, but that also means that if you want to cover the -11.5 and the over 213, the spurs need to score at least 113 and the suns 101. If you think the suns will reach the 100 point mark tonight, then the over should be a bet. 


    Portland/Milwaukee Under 180**

    I had this at Under 185*** before the line even came out, and I was hoping I would catch it early, but 180 is damnnn low. I still think it goes under.

    That's all for now.. 
    Reply
    Hello to those who follow..


    Picks (no leans - no time - no write up during the day - but can explain pick upon request):

    Orlando -2*** and OrlandoAtlanta Under 187  

    Stan Van Gundy is upset with his team's defense, lost 6 of 7 or something like that, and giving up a lot of points along the way. I was betting on them last game against Philly, and got screwed because of the trades, believing they were going to go hard and set the tone for their next few games before christmas. It will be tonight against the hawks, who won't have jamal crawford. 


    Utah ML*** and Utah/Cleveland Over 198***   

    Utah will win tonight, and I don't know how the cavs are going to come out so I don't want to bet the spread. When a team loses 10 games in a row, it leaves a reallllly bad taste in their mouths. So when that finally gets a win, it's very possible that they will be motivated to not go back. Now, I can't say that Cleveland is that type of team, but I also can't say for sure that they will come out hard. Either way, I don't see this as any kind of defensive game whatsoever.

    Miami/Dallas Under 190.5**

    I just picture this as like a really intense high school game, where the crowd is constantly buzzing and cheering and booing and woww-ing.. It will be a very intense game with emotions running high. I look at this game like as if it were a chess match. Neither team knows exactly what they need to do to pull out a victory, so with that said, I dont think they will too offensive-minded, but rather a little more reserved. Each team knows what the other team is capable of offensively. They're both powerhouses. But which team can defend better? That's the question of the day. And I think that these two squads are going into tonight with that kind of mindset - where they know that defense will win tonight's game. 


    Spurs -11.5*** Over 213*

    I think the Spurs will beat the Suns by 20+ tonight. Phoenix has covered 7 of their last 8 against the spurs, and the only cover by the spurs was with a 2 point win as a 1 point favorite. The Suns have had the Spurs' number in the past few years. But this "rivalry" is no longer a rivalry once the Suns lost Amare. It's now the Spurs that will start a streak of their own against Phx. I like the spurs ats, but the over all depends on how many points the suns will put up. I am pretty confident that the Spurs will put up at least 110 or something, but that also means that if you want to cover the -11.5 and the over 213, the spurs need to score at least 113 and the suns 101. If you think the suns will reach the 100 point mark tonight, then the over should be a bet. 


    Portland/Milwaukee Under 180**

    I had this at Under 185*** before the line even came out, and I was hoping I would catch it early, but 180 is damnnn low. I still think it goes under.

    That's all for now.. 
     
    glenndef62
    glenndef62
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 7507
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 12:22 PM ET #5

    With ya on NO's.........If ever there was a team where you don't know who's gonna show up, (Dr. Jeckle or Mr. Hyde) it's freekin NO's.............
    Reply
    With ya on NO's.........If ever there was a team where you don't know who's gonna show up, (Dr. Jeckle or Mr. Hyde) it's freekin NO's.............
     
    syoudeem
    syoudeem
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 1323
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 12:24 PM ET #6

    Locked in:

    let's try this again...


    Orlando -2*** ($600) (big)
    Reply
    Locked in:

    let's try this again...


    Orlando -2*** ($600) (big)
     
    SHANE1752
    SHANE1752
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 1139
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 12:25 PM ET #7

     agree with all but staying away from jazz side

     

    Reply

     agree with all but staying away from jazz side

     

     
    syoudeem
    syoudeem
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 1323
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 12:26 PM ET #8

    Locked in:



    Utah/Clev Over 198*** ($800) (big)
    Reply
    Locked in:



    Utah/Clev Over 198*** ($800) (big)
     
    nbafan88
    nbafan88
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 26899
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 12:27 PM ET #9

    nice insight

    good luck, agree on orlando and san antonio
    Reply
    nice insight

    good luck, agree on orlando and san antonio
     
    syoudeem
    syoudeem
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 1323
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 12:28 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by SHANE1752:

     agree with all but staying away from jazz side

     



    No side here, just the over - and if one wants additional value on a parlay, or is willing to lay down a ML straight bet, I think Utah wins outright without much doubt
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SHANE1752:

     agree with all but staying away from jazz side

     



    No side here, just the over - and if one wants additional value on a parlay, or is willing to lay down a ML straight bet, I think Utah wins outright without much doubt
     
    syoudeem
    syoudeem
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 1323
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 12:30 PM ET #11

    Locked in:



    Dallas/Miami Under 190.5 ($350)


    note: 

    not (big)*** because you never know what can happen at the end of these types of games if they're close and I hate losing an under bet because of free throws. I think those who are betting the over in this game will need those free throws badly, and they may just get them. 
    Reply
    Locked in:



    Dallas/Miami Under 190.5 ($350)


    note: 

    not (big)*** because you never know what can happen at the end of these types of games if they're close and I hate losing an under bet because of free throws. I think those who are betting the over in this game will need those free throws badly, and they may just get them. 
     
    syoudeem
    syoudeem
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 1323
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 12:31 PM ET #12

    That's all for now... Updates later
    Reply
    That's all for now... Updates later
     
    bmcquilkin
    bmcquilkin
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 1439
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 1:50 PM ET #13

    good luck man

    Reply

    good luck man

     
    syoudeem
    syoudeem
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 1323
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 1:52 PM ET #14

    just a quick note:

    The Cleveland o/u line will continue to fluctuate, so if you do decide to take the over, you might want to wait until it hits 197 or 197.5 or lower.

    If you are think of taking the Dallas/Miami under, you might want to wait until the line goes up because I even see it reaching 193 or 193.5. 

    Besides that, if you want to take the under in Mil/Portland, you should take it now before it drops more, now at 179.


    That said,

    Locked in:

    Mil/Portland Under 179 ($400)  
    Reply
    just a quick note:

    The Cleveland o/u line will continue to fluctuate, so if you do decide to take the over, you might want to wait until it hits 197 or 197.5 or lower.

    If you are think of taking the Dallas/Miami under, you might want to wait until the line goes up because I even see it reaching 193 or 193.5. 

    Besides that, if you want to take the under in Mil/Portland, you should take it now before it drops more, now at 179.


    That said,

    Locked in:

    Mil/Portland Under 179 ($400)  
     
    syoudeem
    syoudeem
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 1323
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 4:15 PM ET #15

    Locked in:



    San Antonio -11 ($400)

    Reply
    Locked in:



    San Antonio -11 ($400)

     
    syoudeem
    syoudeem
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 1323
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 4:16 PM ET #16

    And:


    SAS/Phx Over 213*** ($600) (big) 
    Reply
    And:


    SAS/Phx Over 213*** ($600) (big) 
     
    syoudeem
    syoudeem
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 1323
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 4:22 PM ET #17

    I dont usually do this but I see quite a nice lead for the spurs after the 1st quarter with Phoenix playing on a b2b:


    1st qtr - Spurs -3.5 ($250)
    Reply
    I dont usually do this but I see quite a nice lead for the spurs after the 1st quarter with Phoenix playing on a b2b:


    1st qtr - Spurs -3.5 ($250)
     
    syoudeem
    syoudeem
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 1323
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 4:26 PM ET #18

    As well as the Heat - I feel they will come out of the gate really strong and hyped. Whether they cover the whole spread for the game - that's a different story. I don't know, but everyone in this forum seems to think they have an edge in picking tonight's winner against the spread. I just think the Heat will start off very nicely in the 1st qtr:


    1st qtr - Heat -2.5 ($300)
    Reply
    As well as the Heat - I feel they will come out of the gate really strong and hyped. Whether they cover the whole spread for the game - that's a different story. I don't know, but everyone in this forum seems to think they have an edge in picking tonight's winner against the spread. I just think the Heat will start off very nicely in the 1st qtr:


    1st qtr - Heat -2.5 ($300)
     
    SportsFreak69
    SportsFreak69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2008
    Posts: 36843
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 4:26 PM ET #19

    Best of Luck tonight 
    Reply
    Best of Luck tonight 
     
    syoudeem
    syoudeem
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 1323
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 4:40 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFreak69:

    Best of Luck tonight 


     -- sportsfreak 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFreak69:

    Best of Luck tonight 


     -- sportsfreak 
     
    syoudeem
    syoudeem
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 1323
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 5:01 PM ET #21

    Sorry, just realized a posted mistake, verifiable in my write up:


    I have:

    Spurs -11*** ($600) (big) 

    anddd...

    Over 213 ($400) 

    Also, just pointing out:

    A ridiculous amount of people are on tonights "under" in Cleveland tonight --- it's really funny how i've grown to interpret these situations in a way where I now am that much more confident in the "over". 

    I really liked the play to begin with, but now that I realize that everyone else doesn't see it, I like it that much more.

    Keep in mind guys, lines/spreads are created not only to accurately render two different teams, who are different in quality, equal (with numerical values/spreads), but also in order to lure bettors to a certain side. 

    The number 198 appears a bit high at first glance and I am sure a lot of people looked at the total and immediately turned away. I honestly think that had the total come out at 203, for example, more people would be inclined to bet the over than at 198. It's a weird method of thinking, I know, trust me. But I also know how I used to bet, before I started creating my own lines, and my true opinions and feelings about games would get so easily tampered with whenever I would see specific numbers, if that makes sense.

    198 basically means that both teams won't 100 a piece. And when one thinks in that respect, at least for me, I automatically feel like it would go under for some odd reason. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm crazy. But one thing I know for sure is that people constantly talk about "trap bets" and "fixes" and all that stuff - I've been there, and sometimes I still go there (unfortunately). But the bottom line is that Vegas is a business and they've been in business, and lucrative too mind you, for a very, very long time. Their main source of income is capitalizing on the juice they receive, and although constant action would sufficiently pay off books because of that juice, we live in a greeedy world, and those fuckers are out to get your money, and mine. Just be aware. Try to think about what Vegas wants on a daily basis. Obviously they would want all dogs (public perception wise) to win, but then people would catch on and start betting accordingly. So Vegas will win some, and will lose some. They will win big many times, and will lose big only a few times. Your goal should be to capitalize with them, not against them. Ok, sorry for rambling. im out. peace
    Reply
    Sorry, just realized a posted mistake, verifiable in my write up:


    I have:

    Spurs -11*** ($600) (big) 

    anddd...

    Over 213 ($400) 

    Also, just pointing out:

    A ridiculous amount of people are on tonights "under" in Cleveland tonight --- it's really funny how i've grown to interpret these situations in a way where I now am that much more confident in the "over". 

    I really liked the play to begin with, but now that I realize that everyone else doesn't see it, I like it that much more.

    Keep in mind guys, lines/spreads are created not only to accurately render two different teams, who are different in quality, equal (with numerical values/spreads), but also in order to lure bettors to a certain side. 

    The number 198 appears a bit high at first glance and I am sure a lot of people looked at the total and immediately turned away. I honestly think that had the total come out at 203, for example, more people would be inclined to bet the over than at 198. It's a weird method of thinking, I know, trust me. But I also know how I used to bet, before I started creating my own lines, and my true opinions and feelings about games would get so easily tampered with whenever I would see specific numbers, if that makes sense.

    198 basically means that both teams won't 100 a piece. And when one thinks in that respect, at least for me, I automatically feel like it would go under for some odd reason. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm crazy. But one thing I know for sure is that people constantly talk about "trap bets" and "fixes" and all that stuff - I've been there, and sometimes I still go there (unfortunately). But the bottom line is that Vegas is a business and they've been in business, and lucrative too mind you, for a very, very long time. Their main source of income is capitalizing on the juice they receive, and although constant action would sufficiently pay off books because of that juice, we live in a greeedy world, and those fuckers are out to get your money, and mine. Just be aware. Try to think about what Vegas wants on a daily basis. Obviously they would want all dogs (public perception wise) to win, but then people would catch on and start betting accordingly. So Vegas will win some, and will lose some. They will win big many times, and will lose big only a few times. Your goal should be to capitalize with them, not against them. Ok, sorry for rambling. im out. peace
     
    syoudeem
    syoudeem
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 1323
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 6:13 PM ET #22

    Ok, maybe I spoke to soon (Im smirking as I write this), may be a little tad bit embarrassed. The line dropped to 196 .. 

    A looked into it a little more and just realized that the referee assignment tonight is nottt in my favor for the over.

    James Capers - games with totals between 195-204.5 - record 2-2 (O/U)

    Mark Lindsay - games with totals between 195-204.5 - record 2-5 (O/U)  I have no idea what this face means, but it's to some extent how I feel right now..

    and... wait for it... best for last


    wait for it...


    Tom Washington - games with totals between 195-204.5 - 

    wait...

    record: 1-9 (O/U)  


    hopefully they assigned him to this game so that he can somehow even that record up, but something tells me that it aint gna happen. Let's see.. 

     to e v e r y o n e  
     

    Reply
    Ok, maybe I spoke to soon (Im smirking as I write this), may be a little tad bit embarrassed. The line dropped to 196 .. 

    A looked into it a little more and just realized that the referee assignment tonight is nottt in my favor for the over.

    James Capers - games with totals between 195-204.5 - record 2-2 (O/U)

    Mark Lindsay - games with totals between 195-204.5 - record 2-5 (O/U)  I have no idea what this face means, but it's to some extent how I feel right now..

    and... wait for it... best for last


    wait for it...


    Tom Washington - games with totals between 195-204.5 - 

    wait...

    record: 1-9 (O/U)  


    hopefully they assigned him to this game so that he can somehow even that record up, but something tells me that it aint gna happen. Let's see.. 

     to e v e r y o n e  
     

     
    syoudeem
    syoudeem
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 1323
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 6:26 PM ET #23

    this line movement is just way too much for me. I wish I could take back my bet, but no can do. 

    Based on the line movement, and the action on the jazz: cleveland covers tonight. I feel like if cleveland covers tonight then maybeee it goes over?? I really dont know Im not going to lie. Anyone have any feelings on this game? If cleveland were to cover against the jazz at home, would that indicate a high-scoring affair or low?

    My gut feeling brings me back to the high scoring, but it doesnt make sense whatsoever -- the line is now 195. whatever im done here, i need to just wait and see..
    Reply
    this line movement is just way too much for me. I wish I could take back my bet, but no can do. 

    Based on the line movement, and the action on the jazz: cleveland covers tonight. I feel like if cleveland covers tonight then maybeee it goes over?? I really dont know Im not going to lie. Anyone have any feelings on this game? If cleveland were to cover against the jazz at home, would that indicate a high-scoring affair or low?

    My gut feeling brings me back to the high scoring, but it doesnt make sense whatsoever -- the line is now 195. whatever im done here, i need to just wait and see..
     
    c12ack
    c12ack
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 1110
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 6:29 PM ET #24

    With you on Orlando! GL  syoudeem.

    c12ack

    Reply

    With you on Orlando! GL  syoudeem.

    c12ack

     
     
    Professional1
    Professional1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 41623
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2010 - 6:29 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by syoudeem:

    this line movement is just way too much for me. I wish I could take back my bet, but no can do. 

    Based on the line movement, and the action on the jazz: cleveland covers tonight. I feel like if cleveland covers tonight then maybeee it goes over?? I really dont know Im not going to lie. Anyone have any feelings on this game? If cleveland were to cover against the jazz at home, would that indicate a high-scoring affair or low?

    My gut feeling brings me back to the high scoring, but it doesnt make sense whatsoever -- the line is now 195. whatever im done here, i need to just wait and see..


    gl check out my post regarding the jazz first half on the road!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by syoudeem:

    this line movement is just way too much for me. I wish I could take back my bet, but no can do. 

    Based on the line movement, and the action on the jazz: cleveland covers tonight. I feel like if cleveland covers tonight then maybeee it goes over?? I really dont know Im not going to lie. Anyone have any feelings on this game? If cleveland were to cover against the jazz at home, would that indicate a high-scoring affair or low?

    My gut feeling brings me back to the high scoring, but it doesnt make sense whatsoever -- the line is now 195. whatever im done here, i need to just wait and see..


    gl check out my post regarding the jazz first half on the road!
    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,224
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 268,974
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,698
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,399
    • Saturday 10/03/2026 689
    • MLB Playoffs 5,169
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 7,094
    • Trump's legacy? 33,921
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 10,286
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,979

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.