• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    UFC FN for Nov 7 & 8

    12 Next Last»
    OnTheO
    JimGunn
    Ferrari29
    MMAwizard
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1792
    Posts: 37
    12 Next Last»
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 2, 2014 - 5:32 PM ET #1

    9-5 +5.0 posted

    Plays between 0-2.

    To start, I'm just posting some leans and some thoughts along with the lines available. I really like a lot of the short faves and I'm trying to figure these plays out because, typically, betting a bunch of short faves is a losing strategy. This first post will just address the Rockhold/Bisping card.

    Leans only so far. I will update with plays as the week goes on. First, the short faves:

    Dylan Andrews -165 over Sam Alvey
    Andrews is the better striker in a fight that will likely be 100% striking. Sam likes to use his size as a MW to bully his opponents (6'2"). Andrews is good in the clinch and big himself (6'1"). Andrews is more technical, Alvey swings big looping punches.

    Guto Inocente -185 over Perosh
    These are fairly similar fighters and both likely cut with a loss. I prefer the younger guy (28 vs 42) with the better camp. The best chance to win for Perosh is by sub, and I just don't see the chance happening here. I also think Perosh will retire after the fight.

    Soa Palelei -165 over Walt Harris
    The better bet may be under on this fight or Soa inside 2 rounds, etc. Soa is better everywhere here. Walt has the old "puncher's chance" and he hits hard.

    Clint Hester -175 over Robert Whitaker
    I believe in the Hester hype. The guy has won 7 in a row and has improved his TDD to go with his slick boxing style. With his athleticism, we have seem big improvements in his overall game. I'm not sure if he'll ever be a title contender, but I think he'll be a top 10-15 for a few years. He's in the same realm of Costas and Tavares, IMO.

    And the others:
    Rockhold inside distance +100 over Bisping
    Bisping likes to use straight punches and length to overwhelm his opponents. This is a horrible match-up with a guy who does the same and who his longer, hits harder, and has more options.

    Al Iaquinta +155 over Pearson
    Better range, creativity. Still looking at this one.

    Clements +120 over Grujic
    Clements should be favored here. Odd line, and it seems to be getting bet back. Just watching the line. I may bet this one soon just to get in on + money.


    Brimage/Tuerxen over 2.5 -185
    Brimage by wrestle-fest.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    9-5 +5.0 posted

    Plays between 0-2.

    To start, I'm just posting some leans and some thoughts along with the lines available. I really like a lot of the short faves and I'm trying to figure these plays out because, typically, betting a bunch of short faves is a losing strategy. This first post will just address the Rockhold/Bisping card.

    Leans only so far. I will update with plays as the week goes on. First, the short faves:

    Dylan Andrews -165 over Sam Alvey
    Andrews is the better striker in a fight that will likely be 100% striking. Sam likes to use his size as a MW to bully his opponents (6'2"). Andrews is good in the clinch and big himself (6'1"). Andrews is more technical, Alvey swings big looping punches.

    Guto Inocente -185 over Perosh
    These are fairly similar fighters and both likely cut with a loss. I prefer the younger guy (28 vs 42) with the better camp. The best chance to win for Perosh is by sub, and I just don't see the chance happening here. I also think Perosh will retire after the fight.

    Soa Palelei -165 over Walt Harris
    The better bet may be under on this fight or Soa inside 2 rounds, etc. Soa is better everywhere here. Walt has the old "puncher's chance" and he hits hard.

    Clint Hester -175 over Robert Whitaker
    I believe in the Hester hype. The guy has won 7 in a row and has improved his TDD to go with his slick boxing style. With his athleticism, we have seem big improvements in his overall game. I'm not sure if he'll ever be a title contender, but I think he'll be a top 10-15 for a few years. He's in the same realm of Costas and Tavares, IMO.

    And the others:
    Rockhold inside distance +100 over Bisping
    Bisping likes to use straight punches and length to overwhelm his opponents. This is a horrible match-up with a guy who does the same and who his longer, hits harder, and has more options.

    Al Iaquinta +155 over Pearson
    Better range, creativity. Still looking at this one.

    Clements +120 over Grujic
    Clements should be favored here. Odd line, and it seems to be getting bet back. Just watching the line. I may bet this one soon just to get in on + money.


    Brimage/Tuerxen over 2.5 -185
    Brimage by wrestle-fest.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 2, 2014 - 5:37 PM ET #2

    Any thoughts or discussion, I'm all ears.
    Reply
    Any thoughts or discussion, I'm all ears.
     
    JimGunn
    JimGunn
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 1394
    Posted: Nov. 3, 2014 - 9:06 PM ET #3

    I'm with you on Palelei, Hester, Brimage and the over 2½ in the Brimage fight- I already bet these.  Like you I'm considering Iaquinta and Clements as underdogs.

    I'd favor Andrews because of his size but am concerned about his previous shoulder injury and in case Alvey manages to put on a better performance than last time in his debut UFC fight. I also think that Anthony Perosh might just be able to pull something off here like he did against Vinny Magalhaes.

    As far as the main event, Rockhold should win, but with the ITD line already slightly in the negative, I'm not that eager to bet it. I might put a few bucks on Rockhold wins in round 1 and by decision since those are the only two ways he wins a fight- check his record.
    Reply
    I'm with you on Palelei, Hester, Brimage and the over 2½ in the Brimage fight- I already bet these.  Like you I'm considering Iaquinta and Clements as underdogs.

    I'd favor Andrews because of his size but am concerned about his previous shoulder injury and in case Alvey manages to put on a better performance than last time in his debut UFC fight. I also think that Anthony Perosh might just be able to pull something off here like he did against Vinny Magalhaes.

    As far as the main event, Rockhold should win, but with the ITD line already slightly in the negative, I'm not that eager to bet it. I might put a few bucks on Rockhold wins in round 1 and by decision since those are the only two ways he wins a fight- check his record.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 5:33 PM ET #4

    Hey O, are you surprised by the Pearson line dropping??? I'm pretty sure neither guy is gonna wrestle but I always thought Pearson was a better boxer.
    Reply
    Hey O, are you surprised by the Pearson line dropping??? I'm pretty sure neither guy is gonna wrestle but I always thought Pearson was a better boxer.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 6:58 PM ET #5

    Jim - good point on Andrews. The injury is definitely not something I had considered. On Rockhold, I'd still like the cushion of 5 rounds. I think Bisping is tough and durable and may be able to last a few rounds, but we'll see.

    Ferrari - like other sports, it's either big money coming in on Al, or they have some inside info on Ross (bad cut, sick, broke up with the ol' ball and chain, etc.) either way, I'm leaning Al pretty big at this point.

    Btw, for his sake, I hope he didn't lose the girl - https://www.titocouture.com/ross-pearson-gets-engaged-to-model-girlfriend/
    Reply
    Jim - good point on Andrews. The injury is definitely not something I had considered. On Rockhold, I'd still like the cushion of 5 rounds. I think Bisping is tough and durable and may be able to last a few rounds, but we'll see.

    Ferrari - like other sports, it's either big money coming in on Al, or they have some inside info on Ross (bad cut, sick, broke up with the ol' ball and chain, etc.) either way, I'm leaning Al pretty big at this point.

    Btw, for his sake, I hope he didn't lose the girl - https://www.titocouture.com/ross-pearson-gets-engaged-to-model-girlfriend/
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 7:12 PM ET #6

    The leans for the other cards. Not much time this evening for write-ups but hopefully I'll get back to them later this week.

    OSP +160 over Shogun
    Ian McCall -175 over Lineker

    Alves -240 over Jouban
    Magalhaes -225 over Smith
    Probably a parlay

    Jorge "Blade" Oliveira +250 over Lima
    Brenneman +150 over Silva
    Reply
    The leans for the other cards. Not much time this evening for write-ups but hopefully I'll get back to them later this week.

    OSP +160 over Shogun
    Ian McCall -175 over Lineker

    Alves -240 over Jouban
    Magalhaes -225 over Smith
    Probably a parlay

    Jorge "Blade" Oliveira +250 over Lima
    Brenneman +150 over Silva
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 7:28 PM ET #7

    That's a lot of dogs barking Saturday night O???
    Reply
    That's a lot of dogs barking Saturday night O???
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 7:44 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    That's a lot of dogs barking Saturday night O???


    Yeah just good match-ups. Shoguns only shot is his power but OSP has a good chin and great top control. Blade is a debuter but is a great striker (fought multiple years in high level kickboxing), 7-0 as a pro all first round finishes. And brenneman is going against a Jiu jitsu first grappler - Charlie by take down all night.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    That's a lot of dogs barking Saturday night O???


    Yeah just good match-ups. Shoguns only shot is his power but OSP has a good chin and great top control. Blade is a debuter but is a great striker (fought multiple years in high level kickboxing), 7-0 as a pro all first round finishes. And brenneman is going against a Jiu jitsu first grappler - Charlie by take down all night.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 9:20 PM ET #9

    I got no issue with it. Got called a idiot before you joined for playing too many dogs!!! I like this Colby Covington, fights a decent guy, should be a good scrap!!!
    Reply
    I got no issue with it. Got called a idiot before you joined for playing too many dogs!!! I like this Colby Covington, fights a decent guy, should be a good scrap!!!
     
    JimGunn
    JimGunn
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 1394
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 9:50 PM ET #10

    O, I was leaning McCall moneyline at -175 but the over 2½ is nearly the same at only -185 so I bet that because Ian is a decision machine who has also never been knocked out. So the over allows for a lot more possibilities like a late third round stoppage or decision either way.


    For the Brazilian card I also like Magalhaes & Alves as favorites and Brenneman as a dog. I'm waiting to see if the OSP line improves even more before I pull the trigger there. 
    Reply
    O, I was leaning McCall moneyline at -175 but the over 2½ is nearly the same at only -185 so I bet that because Ian is a decision machine who has also never been knocked out. So the over allows for a lot more possibilities like a late third round stoppage or decision either way.


    For the Brazilian card I also like Magalhaes & Alves as favorites and Brenneman as a dog. I'm waiting to see if the OSP line improves even more before I pull the trigger there. 
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 10:27 PM ET #11

    Hey Jim, any chance you throw them Brazil lines out, no o/u, my sites don't have them yet!!!
    Reply
    Hey Jim, any chance you throw them Brazil lines out, no o/u, my sites don't have them yet!!!
     
    JimGunn
    JimGunn
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 1394
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 10:45 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Hey Jim, any chance you throw them Brazil lines out, no o/u, my sites don't have them yet!!!


    BestFightOdds.com is a great resource that has many of the major sportsbooks' lines on MMA and even little graphs that show the line movement.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Hey Jim, any chance you throw them Brazil lines out, no o/u, my sites don't have them yet!!!


    BestFightOdds.com is a great resource that has many of the major sportsbooks' lines on MMA and even little graphs that show the line movement.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 11:26 PM ET #13

    Yeah, I love bestfightodds. I post from my phone mostly so I have that as a screen all the time.

    Jim, I love that over. I didn't have that available yet but that's a steal. Flyweights have such a low stop % anyway - plus on top of that, McCall almost always goes decision win or lose.

    And Ferrari - I always start the card with dogs. I go down the card and circle the dogs I like, then look at them and scratch the ones off that have had a bad couple fights, who have something in their recent history I'm concerned with, etc. after that, I move on to faves, then O/Us, then props.
    Reply
    Yeah, I love bestfightodds. I post from my phone mostly so I have that as a screen all the time.

    Jim, I love that over. I didn't have that available yet but that's a steal. Flyweights have such a low stop % anyway - plus on top of that, McCall almost always goes decision win or lose.

    And Ferrari - I always start the card with dogs. I go down the card and circle the dogs I like, then look at them and scratch the ones off that have had a bad couple fights, who have something in their recent history I'm concerned with, etc. after that, I move on to faves, then O/Us, then props.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2014 - 11:29 PM ET #14

    Also, look at MR on this site - roughly 50% and up pretty big over 5 years or something. He's doing it picking the right dogs. You can't reach on dogs, but you can't win without them.
    Reply
    Also, look at MR on this site - roughly 50% and up pretty big over 5 years or something. He's doing it picking the right dogs. You can't reach on dogs, but you can't win without them.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 6, 2014 - 12:11 AM ET #15

    Hey O, do you only bet on MMA??? You seem to have good knowledge of the fight game!!!
    Reply
    Hey O, do you only bet on MMA??? You seem to have good knowledge of the fight game!!!
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 6, 2014 - 12:13 AM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by JimGunn:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Hey Jim, any chance you throw them Brazil lines out, no o/u, my sites don't have them yet!!!
    BestFightOdds.com is a great resource that has many of the major sportsbooks' lines on MMA and even little graphs that show the line movement.



    Thanks a lot Jim, I get wound up in CFB I totally forgot that side. I'd say Rockhold is over valued now, WOW!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JimGunn:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Hey Jim, any chance you throw them Brazil lines out, no o/u, my sites don't have them yet!!!
    BestFightOdds.com is a great resource that has many of the major sportsbooks' lines on MMA and even little graphs that show the line movement.



    Thanks a lot Jim, I get wound up in CFB I totally forgot that side. I'd say Rockhold is over valued now, WOW!!!
     
    MMAwizard
    MMAwizard
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 220
    Posted: Nov. 6, 2014 - 3:43 PM ET #17

    for osp vs shogun, I will take the mixte martial artist over the athlete in this one.

    1st angle - osp leaves way to many oppenings and they are HUGE openings at that when he starts striking to not get caught by shogun.

    2nd angle - the opponents both faced aren't even close in terms of quality, Its easy to look good and get away with things when you are facing lower competition

    3rd angle - The late switch in adversaries might favor shogun. Shogun was preparing to face a way better striker that OSP but on the other end, osp was facing an opponent that was probably gonna try and take him down and has awful striking.

    all that said , the damage that shogun took in recents fights does worry me

    Reply

    for osp vs shogun, I will take the mixte martial artist over the athlete in this one.

    1st angle - osp leaves way to many oppenings and they are HUGE openings at that when he starts striking to not get caught by shogun.

    2nd angle - the opponents both faced aren't even close in terms of quality, Its easy to look good and get away with things when you are facing lower competition

    3rd angle - The late switch in adversaries might favor shogun. Shogun was preparing to face a way better striker that OSP but on the other end, osp was facing an opponent that was probably gonna try and take him down and has awful striking.

    all that said , the damage that shogun took in recents fights does worry me

     
    MMAwizard
    MMAwizard
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 220
    Posted: Nov. 6, 2014 - 4:20 PM ET #18

    and for mcall I really see a win. but the operation he had in his hand, has cut at least 1 month and probably a half more of sparing, grappling, or any training involving that hand. that happened 2 month and a half ago so he may just had 1 month of full training camp, That his my only worry in that fight

    Reply

    and for mcall I really see a win. but the operation he had in his hand, has cut at least 1 month and probably a half more of sparing, grappling, or any training involving that hand. that happened 2 month and a half ago so he may just had 1 month of full training camp, That his my only worry in that fight

     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 6, 2014 - 5:15 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by MMAwizard:

    and for mcall I really see a win. but the operation he had in his hand, has cut at least 1 month and probably a half more of sparing, grappling, or any training involving that hand. that happened 2 month and a half ago so he may just had 1 month of full training camp, That his my only worry in that fight



    I like Lineker in this fight, if he makes weight!!! Got no issues with Uncle Creepy though.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAwizard:

    and for mcall I really see a win. but the operation he had in his hand, has cut at least 1 month and probably a half more of sparing, grappling, or any training involving that hand. that happened 2 month and a half ago so he may just had 1 month of full training camp, That his my only worry in that fight



    I like Lineker in this fight, if he makes weight!!! Got no issues with Uncle Creepy though.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 6, 2014 - 6:35 PM ET #20

    I just see OSP as a bad match-up for Shogun at this point in their careers. Shogun has fought the better fighters, he's the more well-rounded MMArtist, he's more experienced and beaten better opponents. But, let's see his recent record. Since '10, he's beaten Te Huna, Vera, and Forrest - All guys who want to stand but who all have suspect chins. 2 guys aren't in the ufc any more and one just got destroyed by a WW (Marquardt-Te Huna). OSP isn't afraid to clinch, drag, lay n' pray a win. He could get caught, but he's also went the distance with Gegard who I think is a much better technical striker. I think OSP surprises some people here, but I've been wrong before!
    Reply
    I just see OSP as a bad match-up for Shogun at this point in their careers. Shogun has fought the better fighters, he's the more well-rounded MMArtist, he's more experienced and beaten better opponents. But, let's see his recent record. Since '10, he's beaten Te Huna, Vera, and Forrest - All guys who want to stand but who all have suspect chins. 2 guys aren't in the ufc any more and one just got destroyed by a WW (Marquardt-Te Huna). OSP isn't afraid to clinch, drag, lay n' pray a win. He could get caught, but he's also went the distance with Gegard who I think is a much better technical striker. I think OSP surprises some people here, but I've been wrong before!
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 6, 2014 - 6:46 PM ET #21

    Alright, here's my plays for tomorrow guys. GL to you all. I appreciate all the feedback, it's definitely raised some thoughts whether we agree or not - that's what it's all about.

    9-5 +5.0 posted

    Clements +125 over Grujic 2 to win 2.5
    Iaquinta +130 over Pearson 1 to win 1.3
    Rockhold inside distance -150 over Bisping 1.5 to win 1
    Hester - Inocente parlay 1 to win 1.2

    Be back with the others tomorrow or Saturday.
    Reply
    Alright, here's my plays for tomorrow guys. GL to you all. I appreciate all the feedback, it's definitely raised some thoughts whether we agree or not - that's what it's all about.

    9-5 +5.0 posted

    Clements +125 over Grujic 2 to win 2.5
    Iaquinta +130 over Pearson 1 to win 1.3
    Rockhold inside distance -150 over Bisping 1.5 to win 1
    Hester - Inocente parlay 1 to win 1.2

    Be back with the others tomorrow or Saturday.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 6, 2014 - 7:03 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Hey O, do you only bet on MMA??? You seem to have good knowledge of the fight game!!!


    I bet a football game here and there but I've found that I sit on my butt all weekend if I try to get into too much.

    The other sports (hoops, bases, hockey) are tough unless you can focus several hours a day for months at a time and I can't.

    I love MMA. A little back story. I'm in my early 30s. On the day of the columbine shooting, I was a high school sophomore and we got let out a day because, if you remember, people were flipping out (for good reason, but nowadays it's just "another school shooting"...sad). Anyway, we went to a buddy's house and, as it was 4/20, we burned a few and watched ufc 1 on a recorded VHS. I wrestled in high school and a bit in college, and quit when I was 20, finished college, went into the corporate world and basically became a lazy couch potato by 25. I saw a buddy who fights at a bar one night all ripped up, me with my fat beer belly and he told me to get back "OnTheO" - what we called a wrestling mat in high school because it was a big circle O. A week later I was back on the mats. I've never fought, but I teach wrestling at an mma school, train Jiu jitsu, and have sparred a lot. I'm leaving to grapple here in about 15 minutes - I love it. Besides my family, it's my biggest passion. That's probably more than you needed but that's me.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Hey O, do you only bet on MMA??? You seem to have good knowledge of the fight game!!!


    I bet a football game here and there but I've found that I sit on my butt all weekend if I try to get into too much.

    The other sports (hoops, bases, hockey) are tough unless you can focus several hours a day for months at a time and I can't.

    I love MMA. A little back story. I'm in my early 30s. On the day of the columbine shooting, I was a high school sophomore and we got let out a day because, if you remember, people were flipping out (for good reason, but nowadays it's just "another school shooting"...sad). Anyway, we went to a buddy's house and, as it was 4/20, we burned a few and watched ufc 1 on a recorded VHS. I wrestled in high school and a bit in college, and quit when I was 20, finished college, went into the corporate world and basically became a lazy couch potato by 25. I saw a buddy who fights at a bar one night all ripped up, me with my fat beer belly and he told me to get back "OnTheO" - what we called a wrestling mat in high school because it was a big circle O. A week later I was back on the mats. I've never fought, but I teach wrestling at an mma school, train Jiu jitsu, and have sparred a lot. I'm leaving to grapple here in about 15 minutes - I love it. Besides my family, it's my biggest passion. That's probably more than you needed but that's me.
     
    MMAwizard
    MMAwizard
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 220
    Posted: Nov. 6, 2014 - 8:00 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:



    I bet a football game here and there but I've found that I sit on my butt all weekend if I try to get into too much.

    The other sports (hoops, bases, hockey) are tough unless you can focus several hours a day for months at a time and I can't.

    I love MMA. A little back story. I'm in my early 30s. On the day of the columbine shooting, I was a high school sophomore and we got let out a day because, if you remember, people were flipping out (for good reason, but nowadays it's just "another school shooting"...sad). Anyway, we went to a buddy's house and, as it was 4/20, we burned a few and watched ufc 1 on a recorded VHS. I wrestled in high school and a bit in college, and quit when I was 20, finished college, went into the corporate world and basically became a lazy couch potato by 25. I saw a buddy who fights at a bar one night all ripped up, me with my fat beer belly and he told me to get back "OnTheO" - what we called a wrestling mat in high school because it was a big circle O. A week later I was back on the mats. I've never fought, but I teach wrestling at an mma school, train Jiu jitsu, and have sparred a lot. I'm leaving to grapple here in about 15 minutes - I love it. Besides my family, it's my biggest passion. That's probably more than you needed but that's me.
    great story. love what you do. I trained mma before I blew my knee. its really my life passion.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:



    I bet a football game here and there but I've found that I sit on my butt all weekend if I try to get into too much.

    The other sports (hoops, bases, hockey) are tough unless you can focus several hours a day for months at a time and I can't.

    I love MMA. A little back story. I'm in my early 30s. On the day of the columbine shooting, I was a high school sophomore and we got let out a day because, if you remember, people were flipping out (for good reason, but nowadays it's just "another school shooting"...sad). Anyway, we went to a buddy's house and, as it was 4/20, we burned a few and watched ufc 1 on a recorded VHS. I wrestled in high school and a bit in college, and quit when I was 20, finished college, went into the corporate world and basically became a lazy couch potato by 25. I saw a buddy who fights at a bar one night all ripped up, me with my fat beer belly and he told me to get back "OnTheO" - what we called a wrestling mat in high school because it was a big circle O. A week later I was back on the mats. I've never fought, but I teach wrestling at an mma school, train Jiu jitsu, and have sparred a lot. I'm leaving to grapple here in about 15 minutes - I love it. Besides my family, it's my biggest passion. That's probably more than you needed but that's me.
    great story. love what you do. I trained mma before I blew my knee. its really my life passion.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 6, 2014 - 8:07 PM ET #24

    Great story, exactly what I wanted to read. I'll be able to understand your gambling angles more. Now when you play your unit plays, are they for hundreds or slightly less??? Like Jim Gunn plays crazy money but I get his style. I respect a guy more if he says I'm playing for 10 than a 1000 a unit.
    Reply
    Great story, exactly what I wanted to read. I'll be able to understand your gambling angles more. Now when you play your unit plays, are they for hundreds or slightly less??? Like Jim Gunn plays crazy money but I get his style. I respect a guy more if he says I'm playing for 10 than a 1000 a unit.
     
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 6, 2014 - 8:11 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by MMAwizard:

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    I bet a football game here and there but I've found that I sit on my butt all weekend if I try to get into too much. The other sports (hoops, bases, hockey) are tough unless you can focus several hours a day for months at a time and I can't. I love MMA. A little back story. I'm in my early 30s. On the day of the columbine shooting, I was a high school sophomore and we got let out a day because, if you remember, people were flipping out (for good reason, but nowadays it's just "another school shooting"...sad). Anyway, we went to a buddy's house and, as it was 4/20, we burned a few and watched ufc 1 on a recorded VHS. I wrestled in high school and a bit in college, and quit when I was 20, finished college, went into the corporate world and basically became a lazy couch potato by 25. I saw a buddy who fights at a bar one night all ripped up, me with my fat beer belly and he told me to get back "OnTheO" - what we called a wrestling mat in high school because it was a big circle O. A week later I was back on the mats. I've never fought, but I teach wrestling at an mma school, train Jiu jitsu, and have sparred a lot. I'm leaving to grapple here in about 15 minutes - I love it. Besides my family, it's my biggest passion. That's probably more than you needed but that's me.
    great story. love what you do. I trained mma before I blew my knee. its really my life passion.



    That's sucks Wiz, well at least you can bet and argue on it, lol.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAwizard:

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    I bet a football game here and there but I've found that I sit on my butt all weekend if I try to get into too much. The other sports (hoops, bases, hockey) are tough unless you can focus several hours a day for months at a time and I can't. I love MMA. A little back story. I'm in my early 30s. On the day of the columbine shooting, I was a high school sophomore and we got let out a day because, if you remember, people were flipping out (for good reason, but nowadays it's just "another school shooting"...sad). Anyway, we went to a buddy's house and, as it was 4/20, we burned a few and watched ufc 1 on a recorded VHS. I wrestled in high school and a bit in college, and quit when I was 20, finished college, went into the corporate world and basically became a lazy couch potato by 25. I saw a buddy who fights at a bar one night all ripped up, me with my fat beer belly and he told me to get back "OnTheO" - what we called a wrestling mat in high school because it was a big circle O. A week later I was back on the mats. I've never fought, but I teach wrestling at an mma school, train Jiu jitsu, and have sparred a lot. I'm leaving to grapple here in about 15 minutes - I love it. Besides my family, it's my biggest passion. That's probably more than you needed but that's me.
    great story. love what you do. I trained mma before I blew my knee. its really my life passion.



    That's sucks Wiz, well at least you can bet and argue on it, lol.
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,285
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 636
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,467
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,689
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,257
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 123
    • Trump's legacy? 32,960
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,152
    • Trump lies so much. 22,910

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.