• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    UFC Fight Night Berlin Write-up / Predictions

    12 Next Last»
    whitebelt
    ctm1985
    Betting_Guru
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2104
    Posts: 42
    12 Next Last»
     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 19, 2015 - 9:23 PM ET #1

    Rise and shine! This event kicks off at 9 AM on the west coast, and is probably the thinnest card so far in 2015. That won't stop me from setting my alarm and tuning in, and of course throwing a few bucks on it. I see some good submissions coming on this card.

    Taylor Lapilus v. Yuta Sasaki


    Taylor Lapilus is coming back to the octagon quickly, coming off a win in his UFC Debut on April 11th against fellow newcomer Rocky Lee. He’s 9-1 in his pro career, and his 9 wins include 6 submissions & 3 decisions. His UFC debut wasn’t incredibly exciting, but he was defending takedown after takedown. When they landed, he wasn’t content to use his Jiu Jitsu and was able to get back to his feet quickly. When he was able to disengage the clinch, his striking look good in a fight where he outstruck his opponent by better than 2:1.


    Yuta Sasaki won his UFC debut last August with a first round submission over Roalnd Delorme, but followed that up with a loss in December with a submission loss to Leandro Issa. Before going 1-1 in the UFC, he ammassed a 17-1 record against the lesser opponents of Japan. Sasaki opened his first fight by running in for a flying knee (which didn’t land) and after dancing around for a few seconds, was able to take a back mount from a standing position after failing a takedown. He immediately sunk a solid rear naked choke over Delorme for an early finish.


    In his sophomore fight against BJJ world champion Leandro Issa, he didn’t look nearly as impressive. He clearly respected the world class grappling game of Issa, as he was content to start the fight striking. He got lit up in their brief exchanges early, and soon enough found himself on his back against the black belt. He was able to get up and quickly landed a takedown of his own, but lost position and landed in Issa’s side control. He ate some ground and pound, decisively losing the first round. Round 2 went similarly, with Sasaki eating strikes on the feet and quickly getting taken down. He attempted a D’Arse choke unsuccessfully, and quickly found himself mounted by Issa. Once mounted, he immediately gave up his back and allowed Issa to finish him off with some vicious strikes & a neck crank finish.


    I’m not sure what to make of this fight. Lapilus will have a 3” reach advantage and looks to be the better striker. He’s got a Jiu Jitsu background and earned submissions in 6 of his 9 pro wins. However in his debut, he avoided the ground fight by defending many takedowns until he landed 2 of his own in the 3rd. Sasaki has the grappling advantage here with a wild submission game of his own. He finished 9 of his 18 wins by submission. If Lapilus can keep the fight standing, I think he can win the fight, but I’m not sure he’ll be able to defend Sasaki’s takedowns as well as he did Rocky Lee’s.


    My Pick: Yuta Sasaki (Submission)


    Piotr Hallmann v. Magomed Mustafaev


    Hallmann has traded wins & losses since joining the UFC, going 2-2 with wins over Francisco Trinaldo and Yves Edwards, while losing to Al Iaquinta and Gleison Tibau. Both of his wins came by submission and both losses by decision. His 15 pro wins include 7 submissions & 7 KO/TKO in total. His last fight against Tibau was close, and a split decision loss. He outstruck Tibau 52-30 in a fight where Tibau landed 5 takedowns and got the split decision win.

    Magomed Mustafaev is making his UFC debut after compiling an 11-1 record in a few Russian promotions, mostly Legion Fight. He’s a Combat Sambo champion and it shows in his fights. His striking is tough but this guy is a grappler. In his few fights that I watched, he was constantly chasing takedowns and lands them frequently. He’s got 7 KO & 4 Submission wins on his record.


    The safe bet here is the under / inside the distance. Hallmann finished 14 of 15 wins and Mustafaev finished all 11 of 11 wins. I’m going to lean to the Russian in this one. I like experienced Sambo grapplers to win frequently. Hallmann is a striker and has largely been matched up with strikers. I’m not sure he’ll be able to keep the Russian’s clinches and takedowns at bay, and will eventually get drug down to the ground. Once it’s there, I like the Russian’s chances.


    My Pick: Magomed Mustafaev


    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Rise and shine! This event kicks off at 9 AM on the west coast, and is probably the thinnest card so far in 2015. That won't stop me from setting my alarm and tuning in, and of course throwing a few bucks on it. I see some good submissions coming on this card.

    Taylor Lapilus v. Yuta Sasaki


    Taylor Lapilus is coming back to the octagon quickly, coming off a win in his UFC Debut on April 11th against fellow newcomer Rocky Lee. He’s 9-1 in his pro career, and his 9 wins include 6 submissions & 3 decisions. His UFC debut wasn’t incredibly exciting, but he was defending takedown after takedown. When they landed, he wasn’t content to use his Jiu Jitsu and was able to get back to his feet quickly. When he was able to disengage the clinch, his striking look good in a fight where he outstruck his opponent by better than 2:1.


    Yuta Sasaki won his UFC debut last August with a first round submission over Roalnd Delorme, but followed that up with a loss in December with a submission loss to Leandro Issa. Before going 1-1 in the UFC, he ammassed a 17-1 record against the lesser opponents of Japan. Sasaki opened his first fight by running in for a flying knee (which didn’t land) and after dancing around for a few seconds, was able to take a back mount from a standing position after failing a takedown. He immediately sunk a solid rear naked choke over Delorme for an early finish.


    In his sophomore fight against BJJ world champion Leandro Issa, he didn’t look nearly as impressive. He clearly respected the world class grappling game of Issa, as he was content to start the fight striking. He got lit up in their brief exchanges early, and soon enough found himself on his back against the black belt. He was able to get up and quickly landed a takedown of his own, but lost position and landed in Issa’s side control. He ate some ground and pound, decisively losing the first round. Round 2 went similarly, with Sasaki eating strikes on the feet and quickly getting taken down. He attempted a D’Arse choke unsuccessfully, and quickly found himself mounted by Issa. Once mounted, he immediately gave up his back and allowed Issa to finish him off with some vicious strikes & a neck crank finish.


    I’m not sure what to make of this fight. Lapilus will have a 3” reach advantage and looks to be the better striker. He’s got a Jiu Jitsu background and earned submissions in 6 of his 9 pro wins. However in his debut, he avoided the ground fight by defending many takedowns until he landed 2 of his own in the 3rd. Sasaki has the grappling advantage here with a wild submission game of his own. He finished 9 of his 18 wins by submission. If Lapilus can keep the fight standing, I think he can win the fight, but I’m not sure he’ll be able to defend Sasaki’s takedowns as well as he did Rocky Lee’s.


    My Pick: Yuta Sasaki (Submission)


    Piotr Hallmann v. Magomed Mustafaev


    Hallmann has traded wins & losses since joining the UFC, going 2-2 with wins over Francisco Trinaldo and Yves Edwards, while losing to Al Iaquinta and Gleison Tibau. Both of his wins came by submission and both losses by decision. His 15 pro wins include 7 submissions & 7 KO/TKO in total. His last fight against Tibau was close, and a split decision loss. He outstruck Tibau 52-30 in a fight where Tibau landed 5 takedowns and got the split decision win.

    Magomed Mustafaev is making his UFC debut after compiling an 11-1 record in a few Russian promotions, mostly Legion Fight. He’s a Combat Sambo champion and it shows in his fights. His striking is tough but this guy is a grappler. In his few fights that I watched, he was constantly chasing takedowns and lands them frequently. He’s got 7 KO & 4 Submission wins on his record.


    The safe bet here is the under / inside the distance. Hallmann finished 14 of 15 wins and Mustafaev finished all 11 of 11 wins. I’m going to lean to the Russian in this one. I like experienced Sambo grapplers to win frequently. Hallmann is a striker and has largely been matched up with strikers. I’m not sure he’ll be able to keep the Russian’s clinches and takedowns at bay, and will eventually get drug down to the ground. Once it’s there, I like the Russian’s chances.


    My Pick: Magomed Mustafaev


     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 19, 2015 - 9:23 PM ET #2

    Scott Askham v. Antonio dos Santos Jr.


    Askham lost his UFC debut to Magnus Cedenblad, which capped off a 3 fight win streak for Cedenblad. This marked the first loss in his career, putting him at 12-1 professionally, which includes 7 KO, 2 Sub & 3 Decisions. He’s got decent striking, but leaves a lot to be desired on the ground. He was winning the fight on the feet against Cedenblad, but had no answer for Cedenblad’s 3 takedowns. In this fight, his height and reach will be his only advantage.


    Dos Santos Jr. is the former Jungle Fight LHW champion, but has a modest pro record of 6-2. He’s coming off a TKO loss to Daniel Sarafian in his UFC debut. The loss was bullshit though- he dislocated his finger and he popped it back into place, but the ref waived off the fight immediately because Jr tried to temporarily stop the fight to pop his finger back. This fight was a striking war amongst 2 friends and former roommates. When I say war, I mean WAR. These two were throwing hands and feet like crazy. Both fighters could have finished the other with any one of the strikes that was thrown. Dos Santos Jr. was winning the fight and suffered a tough loss due to injury.


    When it’s a big guy against a little guy, I normally go for the size advantage. If size weren’t at play here, I’d say that dos Santos is the superior striker. But I believe Askham will keep dos Santos at bay and get a decision win.


    My Pick: Scott Askham (decision)



    Niklas Backstrom v. Noad Lahat


    Backstrom is 8-1 as a pro and has gone 1-1 in the UFC, winning his debut with a first round submission over Tom Niinimaki, but losing is last outing to Mike Wilkinson with a first round knockout. He has a 75% finish rate on his pro career. He is a Swedish champion in submission wrestling, though only 2 of his 8 MMA wins have come by sub. He looked okay in his debut, which he took on short notice. He was quickly taken down by Niinimaki, but it didn’t take long for him to get back up, only to be taken down a couple of more times. The fight was really, really boring for the first 3 minutes with almost zero action. Then Backstrom jumped into a guillotine from a clinch, which was unsuccessful. They got back up, and Backstrom landed a nasty knee to Niinimaki’s head which setup a schoolyard choke, which finished the fight.


    He showed what may be the worst chin in MMA in his last fight. He did a good job early in the fight of keeping the fight at range, which is good for a fighter with a long & lanky build like his. He landed a few leg kicks here and there and a couple of great knees to the head from the plum clinch. But shortly after, Wilkinson threw a relatively harmless looking shot from a very akward position. There didn’t appear to be much power on it, but placement was everything as it knocked Backstrom out cold before he hit the mat.


    Noad Lahat is a black belt in BJJ and a 2nd degree black belt in Judo. He was a BJJ world champion in 2010. He’s a former soldier in the Israeli army, now fighting out of AKA, a name you probably know. He has a matching 8-1 pro record with 1-1 in the UFC, and even has an identical finishing rate of 75%. Lahat lost his UFC debut against Godofredo Pepey in a first round KO by flying knee. I don’t hold it against him though, because in my opinion Godofredo is one of the top fighters at 145 but is relatively unknown. Lahat looked decent early against Pepey, landing some good strikes and showing good defense against an electric striker. Eventually Pepey struck though, and it was a nasty flying knee that knocked Lahat unconscious before he hit the mat.


    Lahat avenged his loss in his last fight, earning a decision win over Steven Siler. He immediately took down Siler but got stuck in Siler’s pretty good guard. The fight was stood back up, and Lahat looked good throwing his hands and showed great footwork. Lahat did take some good strikes, but he threw better strikes at a higher volume throughout the fight. Lahat nearly finished the fight in round 2 with a rear naked choke, but as quickly as Siler could escape, Lahat transitioned to a nice triangle choke while landing vicious elbows against his locked up opponent. He also started working an armbar while holding the triangle, which he rolled into a mount where the elbows continued. He ended up winning the fight by decision, but Siler was absolutely saved by the bell at the end of round 2. Lahat really showed what black belt jiu jitsu looks like.


    I’m taking Lahat in this fight at a great underdog price of +190. His striking is constantly improving since training at AKA, and his grappling credentials are superior. I don’t see Backstrom denying his takedowns, and I think Lahat is going to definitely exploit the grappling advantage due to Backstrom’s size and reach advantage. Additionally, I think Lahat will have a higher motivation factor, being an Israeli soldier fighting in Germany. I can only imagine what that must be like.


    My Pick: Noad Lahat (inside the distance)
    Reply

    Scott Askham v. Antonio dos Santos Jr.


    Askham lost his UFC debut to Magnus Cedenblad, which capped off a 3 fight win streak for Cedenblad. This marked the first loss in his career, putting him at 12-1 professionally, which includes 7 KO, 2 Sub & 3 Decisions. He’s got decent striking, but leaves a lot to be desired on the ground. He was winning the fight on the feet against Cedenblad, but had no answer for Cedenblad’s 3 takedowns. In this fight, his height and reach will be his only advantage.


    Dos Santos Jr. is the former Jungle Fight LHW champion, but has a modest pro record of 6-2. He’s coming off a TKO loss to Daniel Sarafian in his UFC debut. The loss was bullshit though- he dislocated his finger and he popped it back into place, but the ref waived off the fight immediately because Jr tried to temporarily stop the fight to pop his finger back. This fight was a striking war amongst 2 friends and former roommates. When I say war, I mean WAR. These two were throwing hands and feet like crazy. Both fighters could have finished the other with any one of the strikes that was thrown. Dos Santos Jr. was winning the fight and suffered a tough loss due to injury.


    When it’s a big guy against a little guy, I normally go for the size advantage. If size weren’t at play here, I’d say that dos Santos is the superior striker. But I believe Askham will keep dos Santos at bay and get a decision win.


    My Pick: Scott Askham (decision)



    Niklas Backstrom v. Noad Lahat


    Backstrom is 8-1 as a pro and has gone 1-1 in the UFC, winning his debut with a first round submission over Tom Niinimaki, but losing is last outing to Mike Wilkinson with a first round knockout. He has a 75% finish rate on his pro career. He is a Swedish champion in submission wrestling, though only 2 of his 8 MMA wins have come by sub. He looked okay in his debut, which he took on short notice. He was quickly taken down by Niinimaki, but it didn’t take long for him to get back up, only to be taken down a couple of more times. The fight was really, really boring for the first 3 minutes with almost zero action. Then Backstrom jumped into a guillotine from a clinch, which was unsuccessful. They got back up, and Backstrom landed a nasty knee to Niinimaki’s head which setup a schoolyard choke, which finished the fight.


    He showed what may be the worst chin in MMA in his last fight. He did a good job early in the fight of keeping the fight at range, which is good for a fighter with a long & lanky build like his. He landed a few leg kicks here and there and a couple of great knees to the head from the plum clinch. But shortly after, Wilkinson threw a relatively harmless looking shot from a very akward position. There didn’t appear to be much power on it, but placement was everything as it knocked Backstrom out cold before he hit the mat.


    Noad Lahat is a black belt in BJJ and a 2nd degree black belt in Judo. He was a BJJ world champion in 2010. He’s a former soldier in the Israeli army, now fighting out of AKA, a name you probably know. He has a matching 8-1 pro record with 1-1 in the UFC, and even has an identical finishing rate of 75%. Lahat lost his UFC debut against Godofredo Pepey in a first round KO by flying knee. I don’t hold it against him though, because in my opinion Godofredo is one of the top fighters at 145 but is relatively unknown. Lahat looked decent early against Pepey, landing some good strikes and showing good defense against an electric striker. Eventually Pepey struck though, and it was a nasty flying knee that knocked Lahat unconscious before he hit the mat.


    Lahat avenged his loss in his last fight, earning a decision win over Steven Siler. He immediately took down Siler but got stuck in Siler’s pretty good guard. The fight was stood back up, and Lahat looked good throwing his hands and showed great footwork. Lahat did take some good strikes, but he threw better strikes at a higher volume throughout the fight. Lahat nearly finished the fight in round 2 with a rear naked choke, but as quickly as Siler could escape, Lahat transitioned to a nice triangle choke while landing vicious elbows against his locked up opponent. He also started working an armbar while holding the triangle, which he rolled into a mount where the elbows continued. He ended up winning the fight by decision, but Siler was absolutely saved by the bell at the end of round 2. Lahat really showed what black belt jiu jitsu looks like.


    I’m taking Lahat in this fight at a great underdog price of +190. His striking is constantly improving since training at AKA, and his grappling credentials are superior. I don’t see Backstrom denying his takedowns, and I think Lahat is going to definitely exploit the grappling advantage due to Backstrom’s size and reach advantage. Additionally, I think Lahat will have a higher motivation factor, being an Israeli soldier fighting in Germany. I can only imagine what that must be like.


    My Pick: Noad Lahat (inside the distance)
     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 19, 2015 - 9:23 PM ET #3

    Alan Omer v. Arnold Allen


    Olmer is 18-4 pro with a career 89% finish rate, and is coming off a split decision loss in his UFC debut that he probably should have won. He dominated the striking in that fight, though Jim Alers did land a couple of takedowns on him. He looked aggressive, throwing good punches and kicks, but Jim Alers just wanted to take him down. He’s an Iraqi fighting out of Germany, so he may (or may not) have the home crowd on his side. He’s won a few regional and national titles in Germany, and holds a purple belt in BJJ.


    Arnold Allen is coming in on short notice for this fight, and it is his UFC debut. The Englishman is young at only 21, and has a 9-1 pro record including 5 KO, 2 Sub & 2 Decision wins. His lone loss came by decision.


    I don’t know anything about Arnold Allen, so I’m taking Olmer by default. Olmer has twice as many pro fights, and he got robbed in his UFC debut which ended a 4 win streak that included 3 finishes, which included an Omoplata submission and a Triangle Choke. While those finishes didn’t happen in the UFC, they speak to the skill this guy has on the ground. I’ll take those numbers any day against a 21 year old making his debut on short notice.


    My Pick: Alan Omer (submission)


    Mairbek Taisumov v. Alan Patrick


    Mairbek Taisumov is another badass Russian grapplier. He was an M-1 champion and has won NAGA grappling tournaments. He’s had 4 fights in the UFC and gone 3-1, and is riding a streak of 2 wins (both by knockout). His 23 pro wins have an impressive 91.30% finish rate. He looked good in all of his UFC fights so far, and looked great in his last 2 which he won by finish. He really is the complete package with excellent striking, takedown ability, and most importantly finishing skills. He’s got that tough Russian grit that I would never consider betting against. Despite his grappling credentials, he was able to shake off the clinch attempts of Marcin Bandel and finished Bandel with essentially one punch. In his last fight, he dominated on the feet. He knocked down Christodoulou and made him stand back up, then ragdolled him back to the ground with a throw, but made him stand back up again. It was almost as if his grappling instincts were kicking in, but made a mental effort to keep the fight striking. It was a thorough domination.


    Alan Patrick is a BJJ black belt and is riding a 2 win streak of his own, putting him at 2-0 in the UFC and undefeated 12-0 professionally. He’s also one of the biggest fighters in the division. He looked unimpressive to me in his last outing, which was a decision win over John Makdessi. Patrick was constantly chasing clinches and takedowns, which was the correct move against a good striker in John Makdessi. He did show a good ability to setup his takedowns with strikes. He was able to land strikes and follow up takedowns, and also feint strikes and immediately change levels on Makdessi.


    I’m not sure what to make of this fight. Patrick has a grappling advantage over most opponents, notably Makdessi, but I’m not sure the advantage is big over Taisumov, as he’s won several BJJ tournaments of his own. Patrick is a flashy striker, but Taisumov is clearly the more competent and more powerful striker. I’ll lean to the favorite.


    My Pick: Mairbek Taisumov (decision)


    Makwan Amirkhani v. Masio Fullen


    Masio Fullen is a Mexican fighting overseas in Germany, but it really shows where the UFC thinks he’s at considering the last card (UFC 187) was a big card in Mexico City. He is coming off a split decision win to Alex Torres in his UFC debut. It was a close fight, but I would have given the nod to Torres for control in a close match. He has a modest record of 10-4 with an 80% finish rate. He is a Taekwondo fighter and has won championships in Mexico.


    Makwan Amirkhani is the star of this fight. The Finland native entered the UFC with a 10-2 pro record and improved to 11-2 with an 8 second TKO win in his UFC debut. When ref cued them to fight, Amirkhani charged forward immediately with a flying knee, knocking Ogle senseless and Amirkhani quickly finished with another 3 or 4 punches.


    Amirkhani is going to win this fight. His amazing UFC debut wasn’t a fluke- this kid is the real deal. I’m not picking him to win by TKO this time though, I’m going with his roots. Prior to his TKO win in the UFC, all 8 of his previous pro wins came by submission.Brabo Chokes, Rear Naked Chokes, Guillotine Chokes, Triangle Chokes… this kid can do them all.


    My Pick: Makwan Amirkhani (Submission)


    Reply

    Alan Omer v. Arnold Allen


    Olmer is 18-4 pro with a career 89% finish rate, and is coming off a split decision loss in his UFC debut that he probably should have won. He dominated the striking in that fight, though Jim Alers did land a couple of takedowns on him. He looked aggressive, throwing good punches and kicks, but Jim Alers just wanted to take him down. He’s an Iraqi fighting out of Germany, so he may (or may not) have the home crowd on his side. He’s won a few regional and national titles in Germany, and holds a purple belt in BJJ.


    Arnold Allen is coming in on short notice for this fight, and it is his UFC debut. The Englishman is young at only 21, and has a 9-1 pro record including 5 KO, 2 Sub & 2 Decision wins. His lone loss came by decision.


    I don’t know anything about Arnold Allen, so I’m taking Olmer by default. Olmer has twice as many pro fights, and he got robbed in his UFC debut which ended a 4 win streak that included 3 finishes, which included an Omoplata submission and a Triangle Choke. While those finishes didn’t happen in the UFC, they speak to the skill this guy has on the ground. I’ll take those numbers any day against a 21 year old making his debut on short notice.


    My Pick: Alan Omer (submission)


    Mairbek Taisumov v. Alan Patrick


    Mairbek Taisumov is another badass Russian grapplier. He was an M-1 champion and has won NAGA grappling tournaments. He’s had 4 fights in the UFC and gone 3-1, and is riding a streak of 2 wins (both by knockout). His 23 pro wins have an impressive 91.30% finish rate. He looked good in all of his UFC fights so far, and looked great in his last 2 which he won by finish. He really is the complete package with excellent striking, takedown ability, and most importantly finishing skills. He’s got that tough Russian grit that I would never consider betting against. Despite his grappling credentials, he was able to shake off the clinch attempts of Marcin Bandel and finished Bandel with essentially one punch. In his last fight, he dominated on the feet. He knocked down Christodoulou and made him stand back up, then ragdolled him back to the ground with a throw, but made him stand back up again. It was almost as if his grappling instincts were kicking in, but made a mental effort to keep the fight striking. It was a thorough domination.


    Alan Patrick is a BJJ black belt and is riding a 2 win streak of his own, putting him at 2-0 in the UFC and undefeated 12-0 professionally. He’s also one of the biggest fighters in the division. He looked unimpressive to me in his last outing, which was a decision win over John Makdessi. Patrick was constantly chasing clinches and takedowns, which was the correct move against a good striker in John Makdessi. He did show a good ability to setup his takedowns with strikes. He was able to land strikes and follow up takedowns, and also feint strikes and immediately change levels on Makdessi.


    I’m not sure what to make of this fight. Patrick has a grappling advantage over most opponents, notably Makdessi, but I’m not sure the advantage is big over Taisumov, as he’s won several BJJ tournaments of his own. Patrick is a flashy striker, but Taisumov is clearly the more competent and more powerful striker. I’ll lean to the favorite.


    My Pick: Mairbek Taisumov (decision)


    Makwan Amirkhani v. Masio Fullen


    Masio Fullen is a Mexican fighting overseas in Germany, but it really shows where the UFC thinks he’s at considering the last card (UFC 187) was a big card in Mexico City. He is coming off a split decision win to Alex Torres in his UFC debut. It was a close fight, but I would have given the nod to Torres for control in a close match. He has a modest record of 10-4 with an 80% finish rate. He is a Taekwondo fighter and has won championships in Mexico.


    Makwan Amirkhani is the star of this fight. The Finland native entered the UFC with a 10-2 pro record and improved to 11-2 with an 8 second TKO win in his UFC debut. When ref cued them to fight, Amirkhani charged forward immediately with a flying knee, knocking Ogle senseless and Amirkhani quickly finished with another 3 or 4 punches.


    Amirkhani is going to win this fight. His amazing UFC debut wasn’t a fluke- this kid is the real deal. I’m not picking him to win by TKO this time though, I’m going with his roots. Prior to his TKO win in the UFC, all 8 of his previous pro wins came by submission.Brabo Chokes, Rear Naked Chokes, Guillotine Chokes, Triangle Chokes… this kid can do them all.


    My Pick: Makwan Amirkhani (Submission)


     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 19, 2015 - 9:24 PM ET #4

    Nick Hein v. Lukasz Sajewski


    Nick Hein, a German native, is making his 3rd UFC appearance after going 1-1 with a decision win in his debut to Drew Dober, and a decision loss in his last outing to James Vick. Alot of people are high on Nick Hein, but I’m not really one of them. He came into the UFC on a tear but the rise in competition has shown what he’s made of. A win over Drew Dober isn’t overly impressive as he’s struggled himself in the UFC. The striking against Dober was evenly matched and Hein won the fight with his wrestling. His wrestling didn’t hold up to James Vick and he was no match on the feet against the big guy. Vick has looked good while compiling his 4-0 record, so the loss comes at a slight discount.


    Lukasz Sajewski, native to neighboring country Poland, is making his debut in this fight. “The Wookie” is 13-0 professionally, and I don’t see why he can’t win here. The Shooto fighter is undefeated still, and 7 of his 13 wins came by submission.


    I think Hein’s greatest asset is his wrestling, which could be negated in this fight. I think The Wookie will be the one looking to make this a grappling match, not Hein. Hein’s not an explosive fighter, with 6 of his 11 wins going to decision. In fact, 5 of his last 6 wins went to decision.


    My Pick: Lukasz Sajewski (Submission)


    Peter Sobotta v. Steven Kennedy


    Sobotta is a Polish fighter now located in Germany. He’s coming off a win in his last fight, which was his first fight back in the UFC after being cut and resigned. While away from the UFC, he accumulated 5 wins all by submission. More specifically, all 5 came by Rear Naked Choke. His last UFC outing came by decision, which highlights the difference in competition. He floundered in his first stint in the UFC, earning 3 decision losses and being cut. Sobotta is a BJJ black belt, as evidenced by his submission skills.


    Steven Kennedy is also a BJJ black belt. To go with that, he’s a 2nd degree black belt in Judo and a black belt in karate. On paper, he’s got much stronger credentials. He’s 22-6 in his pro career, and this is his UFC debut. He’s riding a 7 fight win streak, and has 5 finishes on this 7 wins (4 submissions, 1 TKO & 2 decisions).


    I’m so pumped for this fight, as BJJ is my thing. I think Vegas horrendously screwed up this line. I plan to take full advantage and will be picking Kennedy in a combination of straight bet, prop bet, and will include him on a few parlays.


    My Pick: Steven Kennedy (Submission)


    Dennis Siver v. Tatsuya Kawajiri


    Dennis Siver is coming off a loss to Conor McGregor in his last outing. He’s the favorite in this fight, but I again believe that Vegas got this one wrong. Let’s analyze his last 4 fights, starting with his loss to Cub Swanson. Not much shame in that, and at least he made it to the 3rd round with Swanson while Swanson was at his peak. He followed that loss up with a win over Manny Gamburyan, but that was overturned when he failed a drug test- which he blamed on “a new trainer.” He then came out and won against Charles Rosa, which is a little bit impressive to me, but Rosa is still maturing as a fighter. He then lost to McGregor, which most everybody has probably seen.


    Tatsuya Kawajiri is Shooto fighter from Japan with a 33-8 pro record. He’s coming off a decision loss to Clay Guida in his last outing, which followed his Submission win over Sean Soriano in his UFC debut. Despite only having 2 fights in the UFC, this guy is a veteran and a legit threat to Siver. He was riding a 6 fight win streak (1 UFC) prior to his last outing. In that 6 win stretch, he finished 5 fights including 4 submissions, 1 TKO & 1 Decision). That includes a Triangle Choke, 2 Arm-Triangle Chokes, and 1 Rear Naked Choke. This guy’s submission skills are very, very good.


    I’m taking the undervalued Kawajiiri. In my opinion, he should be the favorite in this fight given Siver’s less than stellar recent record. I believe Siver is being given too much credit here, and his latest loss is being discounted because it was against Conor McGregor.


    My Pick: Tatsuya Kawajiri (Submission)


    Reply

    Nick Hein v. Lukasz Sajewski


    Nick Hein, a German native, is making his 3rd UFC appearance after going 1-1 with a decision win in his debut to Drew Dober, and a decision loss in his last outing to James Vick. Alot of people are high on Nick Hein, but I’m not really one of them. He came into the UFC on a tear but the rise in competition has shown what he’s made of. A win over Drew Dober isn’t overly impressive as he’s struggled himself in the UFC. The striking against Dober was evenly matched and Hein won the fight with his wrestling. His wrestling didn’t hold up to James Vick and he was no match on the feet against the big guy. Vick has looked good while compiling his 4-0 record, so the loss comes at a slight discount.


    Lukasz Sajewski, native to neighboring country Poland, is making his debut in this fight. “The Wookie” is 13-0 professionally, and I don’t see why he can’t win here. The Shooto fighter is undefeated still, and 7 of his 13 wins came by submission.


    I think Hein’s greatest asset is his wrestling, which could be negated in this fight. I think The Wookie will be the one looking to make this a grappling match, not Hein. Hein’s not an explosive fighter, with 6 of his 11 wins going to decision. In fact, 5 of his last 6 wins went to decision.


    My Pick: Lukasz Sajewski (Submission)


    Peter Sobotta v. Steven Kennedy


    Sobotta is a Polish fighter now located in Germany. He’s coming off a win in his last fight, which was his first fight back in the UFC after being cut and resigned. While away from the UFC, he accumulated 5 wins all by submission. More specifically, all 5 came by Rear Naked Choke. His last UFC outing came by decision, which highlights the difference in competition. He floundered in his first stint in the UFC, earning 3 decision losses and being cut. Sobotta is a BJJ black belt, as evidenced by his submission skills.


    Steven Kennedy is also a BJJ black belt. To go with that, he’s a 2nd degree black belt in Judo and a black belt in karate. On paper, he’s got much stronger credentials. He’s 22-6 in his pro career, and this is his UFC debut. He’s riding a 7 fight win streak, and has 5 finishes on this 7 wins (4 submissions, 1 TKO & 2 decisions).


    I’m so pumped for this fight, as BJJ is my thing. I think Vegas horrendously screwed up this line. I plan to take full advantage and will be picking Kennedy in a combination of straight bet, prop bet, and will include him on a few parlays.


    My Pick: Steven Kennedy (Submission)


    Dennis Siver v. Tatsuya Kawajiri


    Dennis Siver is coming off a loss to Conor McGregor in his last outing. He’s the favorite in this fight, but I again believe that Vegas got this one wrong. Let’s analyze his last 4 fights, starting with his loss to Cub Swanson. Not much shame in that, and at least he made it to the 3rd round with Swanson while Swanson was at his peak. He followed that loss up with a win over Manny Gamburyan, but that was overturned when he failed a drug test- which he blamed on “a new trainer.” He then came out and won against Charles Rosa, which is a little bit impressive to me, but Rosa is still maturing as a fighter. He then lost to McGregor, which most everybody has probably seen.


    Tatsuya Kawajiri is Shooto fighter from Japan with a 33-8 pro record. He’s coming off a decision loss to Clay Guida in his last outing, which followed his Submission win over Sean Soriano in his UFC debut. Despite only having 2 fights in the UFC, this guy is a veteran and a legit threat to Siver. He was riding a 6 fight win streak (1 UFC) prior to his last outing. In that 6 win stretch, he finished 5 fights including 4 submissions, 1 TKO & 1 Decision). That includes a Triangle Choke, 2 Arm-Triangle Chokes, and 1 Rear Naked Choke. This guy’s submission skills are very, very good.


    I’m taking the undervalued Kawajiiri. In my opinion, he should be the favorite in this fight given Siver’s less than stellar recent record. I believe Siver is being given too much credit here, and his latest loss is being discounted because it was against Conor McGregor.


    My Pick: Tatsuya Kawajiri (Submission)


     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 19, 2015 - 9:24 PM ET #5

    Joanna Jedrzejczyk v. Jessica Penne


    I’m on Joanna Jerkadick because she’s the 2nd best woman fighting in the UFC and is a multiple time world champion. Her destruction of Carla Esparza quickly became a brutal joke that could have been stopped really at any time due to the one-sidedness of the “fight”. In theory, Penne's standing game is far better than Esparza's so she wouldn't have as much trouble taking down Joanna. But I still don't think it's going to be enough. Not even close to enough. Nothing else needs to be said here.


    My Pick: Joanna Jedrzejczyk (TKO)


    Reply

    Joanna Jedrzejczyk v. Jessica Penne


    I’m on Joanna Jerkadick because she’s the 2nd best woman fighting in the UFC and is a multiple time world champion. Her destruction of Carla Esparza quickly became a brutal joke that could have been stopped really at any time due to the one-sidedness of the “fight”. In theory, Penne's standing game is far better than Esparza's so she wouldn't have as much trouble taking down Joanna. But I still don't think it's going to be enough. Not even close to enough. Nothing else needs to be said here.


    My Pick: Joanna Jedrzejczyk (TKO)


     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2015 - 12:44 PM ET #6

    Well the opening fight was a loss but my analysis was on point, Taylor was able to keep it standing and use that striking to get the win.

    I'm really glad the ref stopped Hallmann. Hallmann was getting destroyed in round 1 until he was able to capitalize on a slip and possibly steal the round by riding it out on top and landing strikes. He was getting lit up again, and just desparate tried to hold onto a clinch to avoid a real fight. Glad he got stopped, he didn't deserve what may have ended up being a decision win. The Russian was definitely looking for a finish but he couldn't free from the clinches well enough.
    Reply
    Well the opening fight was a loss but my analysis was on point, Taylor was able to keep it standing and use that striking to get the win.

    I'm really glad the ref stopped Hallmann. Hallmann was getting destroyed in round 1 until he was able to capitalize on a slip and possibly steal the round by riding it out on top and landing strikes. He was getting lit up again, and just desparate tried to hold onto a clinch to avoid a real fight. Glad he got stopped, he didn't deserve what may have ended up being a decision win. The Russian was definitely looking for a finish but he couldn't free from the clinches well enough.
     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2015 - 12:55 PM ET #7

    Bet the next fight to be inside the distance... couldn't bet Askham. dos Santos Jr. has a killer look in his eye and his striking is very strong. If he can close the distance, he can finish this with a punch.

    ITD $46 to win $40
    Reply
    Bet the next fight to be inside the distance... couldn't bet Askham. dos Santos Jr. has a killer look in his eye and his striking is very strong. If he can close the distance, he can finish this with a punch.

    ITD $46 to win $40
     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2015 - 12:58 PM ET #8

    Easy Money. 
    Reply
    Easy Money. 
     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2015 - 1:01 PM ET #9

    Noad Lahat wins inside distance +400
    $25 to win $100

    Lahat v. Backstrom does not go the distance -210
    $105 to win $50
    Reply
    Noad Lahat wins inside distance +400
    $25 to win $100

    Lahat v. Backstrom does not go the distance -210
    $105 to win $50
     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2015 - 1:01 PM ET #10

    Also have Lahat to win S/U in multiple small-money parlays.
    Reply
    Also have Lahat to win S/U in multiple small-money parlays.
     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2015 - 1:16 PM ET #11

    That was an impressive Gogoplata setup transitioned into a Omoplata, which he used to reverse position. This was textbook jiu jitsu. There's a great demonstration by Nick Diaz I saw once that outlined that exact technique. 
    Reply
    That was an impressive Gogoplata setup transitioned into a Omoplata, which he used to reverse position. This was textbook jiu jitsu. There's a great demonstration by Nick Diaz I saw once that outlined that exact technique. 
     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2015 - 1:24 PM ET #12

    If Lahat didn't win round 2 with a 10-8 these judges should be terminated. I really hope he can finish round 3! Can't believe sorry behind Backstrom survived round 2
    Reply
    If Lahat didn't win round 2 with a 10-8 these judges should be terminated. I really hope he can finish round 3! Can't believe sorry behind Backstrom survived round 2
     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2015 - 1:32 PM ET #13

    Backstrom is such a sorry punk lol. Completely stalled out the fight. Going into the fight each guy had a 75% finish rate and had never lost by decision. How this went to a decision, I don't know. His sorry stalling cost me a benjamin. Glad Lahat won but I needed the finish!!! GRR!!!
    Reply
    Backstrom is such a sorry punk lol. Completely stalled out the fight. Going into the fight each guy had a 75% finish rate and had never lost by decision. How this went to a decision, I don't know. His sorry stalling cost me a benjamin. Glad Lahat won but I needed the finish!!! GRR!!!
     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2015 - 1:33 PM ET #14

    Still got 5 live parlays with Lahat
    Reply
    Still got 5 live parlays with Lahat
     
    ctm1985
    ctm1985
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 1878
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2015 - 1:34 PM ET #15

    Lahat!  I was nervous for that decision.  Awesome grappling exchanges 
    Reply
    Lahat!  I was nervous for that decision.  Awesome grappling exchanges 
     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2015 - 1:38 PM ET #16

    Alan v. Omer under 2.5 rounds +130

    $22.50 to win $29.25
    Reply
    Alan v. Omer under 2.5 rounds +130

    $22.50 to win $29.25
     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2015 - 1:42 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by ctm1985:

    Lahat!  I was nervous for that decision.  Awesome grappling exchanges 

    I wasn't worried cause I figured rd 2 was 10-8 which means even if Backstrom had R1 and R3 the fight would draw... which one judge did. But I'm glad he got the win over the decision but I am furious that it wen't there. Every fight on this card got finished, but the fight with the fighters with highest finish rates goes there? What a joke. I blame Backstrom, in round 3 he wasn't fighting to win, he was just doing the old "hang on for dear life". I hope he dies.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ctm1985:

    Lahat!  I was nervous for that decision.  Awesome grappling exchanges 

    I wasn't worried cause I figured rd 2 was 10-8 which means even if Backstrom had R1 and R3 the fight would draw... which one judge did. But I'm glad he got the win over the decision but I am furious that it wen't there. Every fight on this card got finished, but the fight with the fighters with highest finish rates goes there? What a joke. I blame Backstrom, in round 3 he wasn't fighting to win, he was just doing the old "hang on for dear life". I hope he dies.
     
    ctm1985
    ctm1985
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 1878
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2015 - 2:02 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt:


    I wasn't worried cause I figured rd 2 was 10-8 which means even if Backstrom had R1 and R3 the fight would draw... which one judge did. But I'm glad he got the win over the decision but I am furious that it wen't there. Every fight on this card got finished, but the fight with the fighters with highest finish rates goes there? What a joke. I blame Backstrom, in round 3 he wasn't fighting to win, he was just doing the old "hang on for dear life". I hope he dies.


    Yeah I was surprised Lahat didn't find the finish in rd 2, Backstrom looked completely spent.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt:


    I wasn't worried cause I figured rd 2 was 10-8 which means even if Backstrom had R1 and R3 the fight would draw... which one judge did. But I'm glad he got the win over the decision but I am furious that it wen't there. Every fight on this card got finished, but the fight with the fighters with highest finish rates goes there? What a joke. I blame Backstrom, in round 3 he wasn't fighting to win, he was just doing the old "hang on for dear life". I hope he dies.


    Yeah I was surprised Lahat didn't find the finish in rd 2, Backstrom looked completely spent.
     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2015 - 2:21 PM ET #19

    Round 1 of Taisumov was uneventful, but the flow may have been affected by the eye poke. Taisumov landed some great strikes but didn't chase a finish on what seemed to be, a stunned Patrick. Patrick is looking more and more like a b*tch just chasing unsuccessful takedowns. What is he 0 for 10? I hope Taisumov can finish R2.

    I have Taisumov on 2 pralays and Taisumov ITD for $25 to win $43.75
    Reply
    Round 1 of Taisumov was uneventful, but the flow may have been affected by the eye poke. Taisumov landed some great strikes but didn't chase a finish on what seemed to be, a stunned Patrick. Patrick is looking more and more like a b*tch just chasing unsuccessful takedowns. What is he 0 for 10? I hope Taisumov can finish R2.

    I have Taisumov on 2 pralays and Taisumov ITD for $25 to win $43.75
     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2015 - 2:23 PM ET #20

    And there it is, moments after I posted the above. I love Taisumov. That's 3 of 4 in his UFC career, with 3 wins straight and all by KO/TKO! 

    I love all these Russians lately. They have a toughness that is unparalleled by any other nationality in MMA, and they all seem to have top notch grappling with Sambo backgrounds.

    Now we're onto Makwan! A guy I love aginst a guy I don't like at all in Masio Fullen.
    Reply
    And there it is, moments after I posted the above. I love Taisumov. That's 3 of 4 in his UFC career, with 3 wins straight and all by KO/TKO! 

    I love all these Russians lately. They have a toughness that is unparalleled by any other nationality in MMA, and they all seem to have top notch grappling with Sambo backgrounds.

    Now we're onto Makwan! A guy I love aginst a guy I don't like at all in Masio Fullen.
     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2015 - 2:24 PM ET #21

    Makwan to win inside distance +EVEN
    $50 to win $50
    Reply
    Makwan to win inside distance +EVEN
    $50 to win $50
     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2015 - 2:36 PM ET #22

    Easiest money I've made in a long time. Wish I bet bigger than am odest $50 in a clear mismatch. LOL. I'm glad he did it fast, now I have time to run out and get breakfast before the main card starts!! LOL.
    Reply
    Easiest money I've made in a long time. Wish I bet bigger than am odest $50 in a clear mismatch. LOL. I'm glad he did it fast, now I have time to run out and get breakfast before the main card starts!! LOL.
     
    whitebelt
    whitebelt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2015 - 2:39 PM ET #23

    Well now I don't know to hedge Sobotta against Kennedy. I seem to be the only person liking the underdog in this fight.

    4 Team Parlay
    Noad "Neo" Lahat +190
    Makwan "Mr. Finland" Amirkhani -235
    Mairbek "Beckan" Taisumov -170
    Steven "The Steamrolla" Kennedy +230 
    $ 20.00 to win $ 413.34
    Reply
    Well now I don't know to hedge Sobotta against Kennedy. I seem to be the only person liking the underdog in this fight.

    4 Team Parlay
    Noad "Neo" Lahat +190
    Makwan "Mr. Finland" Amirkhani -235
    Mairbek "Beckan" Taisumov -170
    Steven "The Steamrolla" Kennedy +230 
    $ 20.00 to win $ 413.34
     
    Betting_Guru
    Betting_Guru
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 96
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2015 - 2:54 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt:

    Well now I don't know to hedge Sobotta against Kennedy. I seem to be the only person liking the underdog in this fight.

    4 Team Parlay
    Noad "Neo" Lahat +190
    Makwan "Mr. Finland" Amirkhani -235
    Mairbek "Beckan" Taisumov -170
    Steven "The Steamrolla" Kennedy +230 
    $ 20.00 to win $ 413.34

    I put down 35 straight on Kennedy to win 84, after reading this. I absolutely love the analysis. Last week I followed what you said and won 7/8 on my parley only lose was Charles Rosa. I risked 5 bucks to win around a grand. I lost but still it seems most of your predictions are spot on. 


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt:

    Well now I don't know to hedge Sobotta against Kennedy. I seem to be the only person liking the underdog in this fight.

    4 Team Parlay
    Noad "Neo" Lahat +190
    Makwan "Mr. Finland" Amirkhani -235
    Mairbek "Beckan" Taisumov -170
    Steven "The Steamrolla" Kennedy +230 
    $ 20.00 to win $ 413.34

    I put down 35 straight on Kennedy to win 84, after reading this. I absolutely love the analysis. Last week I followed what you said and won 7/8 on my parley only lose was Charles Rosa. I risked 5 bucks to win around a grand. I lost but still it seems most of your predictions are spot on. 


     
     
    Betting_Guru
    Betting_Guru
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2015
    Posts: 96
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2015 - 2:57 PM ET #25

    This is what I got going:


    Steve Kennedy ML (+240)$35.00$84.00
     6 Team - Parlay
     Joanna Jedrzejczyk (W) ML (-860)
     Tatsuya Kawajiri ML (+120)
     Steve Kennedy ML (+240)
     Lukasz Sajewski ML (+125)
     Makwan Amirkhani ML (-270) Win
     Mairbek Taisumov ML (-170) Win
    $5.00$199.4
    Reply
    This is what I got going:


    Steve Kennedy ML (+240)$35.00$84.00
     6 Team - Parlay
     Joanna Jedrzejczyk (W) ML (-860)
     Tatsuya Kawajiri ML (+120)
     Steve Kennedy ML (+240)
     Lukasz Sajewski ML (+125)
     Makwan Amirkhani ML (-270) Win
     Mairbek Taisumov ML (-170) Win
    $5.00$199.4
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,271
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 636
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,446
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,620
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,190
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 116
    • Trump's legacy? 32,958
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,117
    • Trump lies so much. 22,898

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.