Main event thoughts. I liked Gaethje all week and I still do. I just don't feel comfortable betting him right now with all the moving parts in terms of mental games for both fighters. I think the pressure has somewhat shifted to Gaethje's camp in terms of actually having everything too lose. Oliveira knows regardless if he wins or loses he will forfeit the belt, and can fight free with very little too lose & can once again prove a lot of people wrong if he somehow wins with all these distractions.
Just my two cents
Main event thoughts. I liked Gaethje all week and I still do. I just don't feel comfortable betting him right now with all the moving parts in terms of mental games for both fighters. I think the pressure has somewhat shifted to Gaethje's camp in terms of actually having everything too lose. Oliveira knows regardless if he wins or loses he will forfeit the belt, and can fight free with very little too lose & can once again prove a lot of people wrong if he somehow wins with all these distractions.
I think a lot of people are thinking Charles "struggled" to make weight here, but I don't think the cut was bad. Just think the scale thing threw him off. He didn't look bad at the weigh in.
I also don't think there is any chance he used that extra hour to try and cut anymore. Probably knew that last .5 would push it into "struggle" territory, and just said fuck it.
@paletta007
I think a lot of people are thinking Charles "struggled" to make weight here, but I don't think the cut was bad. Just think the scale thing threw him off. He didn't look bad at the weigh in.
I also don't think there is any chance he used that extra hour to try and cut anymore. Probably knew that last .5 would push it into "struggle" territory, and just said fuck it.