• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    UFC 271: Adesanya vs. Whittaker 2

    12 Next Last»
    paletta007
    Professor1258
    User592150
    The_Fist
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1465
    Posts: 36
    12 Next Last»
     
    paletta007
    paletta007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 21407
    Posted: Feb. 8, 2022 - 12:35 PM ET #1

    2021- 73-97 +9.13 units 

    YTD 10-20 -2.38 units 

     
    Solid event this coming weekend. I will dive into some research/film as the week goes on and hope too have write ups & picks before the weekend peace_5
     
    GL ALL an_cheersclover 
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    2021- 73-97 +9.13 units 

    YTD 10-20 -2.38 units 

     
    Solid event this coming weekend. I will dive into some research/film as the week goes on and hope too have write ups & picks before the weekend peace_5
     
    GL ALL an_cheersclover 
     
    Professor1258
    Professor1258
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2015
    Posts: 988
    Posted: Feb. 9, 2022 - 5:06 AM ET #2

    Sounds good to me Paletta. I'll be interested in reading your writeups.. Didn't know I was missing the action in here.. Great card.. I'll try to comment if I agree about something.. Laterz!

    Reply

    Sounds good to me Paletta. I'll be interested in reading your writeups.. Didn't know I was missing the action in here.. Great card.. I'll try to comment if I agree about something.. Laterz!

     
    paletta007
    paletta007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 21407
    Posted: Feb. 9, 2022 - 11:38 AM ET #3

    @Professor1258

     GL this weekend  peace_5

    Reply

    @Professor1258

     GL this weekend  peace_5

     
    paletta007
    paletta007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 21407
    Posted: Feb. 9, 2022 - 12:01 PM ET #4

    Wells vs Mathetha 

    Opening fight, and this one is full of question marks. Wells won his UFC debut back in June. Before that, he was on a 2 year layoff. Wells is an average striker who has solid power. He uses his wild power shot's too set up his take down attempts. He has solid BJJ and when on the ground, he is pretty solid. He has solid transitions & control and is very capable of controlling and submitting an inexperienced opponent. In comes Matheta. Blood Diamond, crazy nickname. He is only 3-0 in his MMA career. He has plenty of kick boxing matches, but not much in terms of MMA. He does train with some of the best fighters, but how will that translate come Saturday night? If Wells is smart I'm sure he will try and mix in take downs early, so it will be interesting too see how Mathetha reacts. Too many unanswered questions in this fight, so I will most likely pass on this match up. 

    Reply

    Wells vs Mathetha 

    Opening fight, and this one is full of question marks. Wells won his UFC debut back in June. Before that, he was on a 2 year layoff. Wells is an average striker who has solid power. He uses his wild power shot's too set up his take down attempts. He has solid BJJ and when on the ground, he is pretty solid. He has solid transitions & control and is very capable of controlling and submitting an inexperienced opponent. In comes Matheta. Blood Diamond, crazy nickname. He is only 3-0 in his MMA career. He has plenty of kick boxing matches, but not much in terms of MMA. He does train with some of the best fighters, but how will that translate come Saturday night? If Wells is smart I'm sure he will try and mix in take downs early, so it will be interesting too see how Mathetha reacts. Too many unanswered questions in this fight, so I will most likely pass on this match up. 

     
    paletta007
    paletta007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 21407
    Posted: Feb. 9, 2022 - 12:33 PM ET #5

    Morozov vs Andrade 

    Interesting match up here. Andrade comes into this fight with a ton of experience against top talent in the UFC. He is a solid striker with good power in his hands. He likes too get inside the pocket and exchange shots and make the fight dirty. He is not scared to absorb shot's too return some of his own. He also has solid kicks. He is capable on the ground, but his preference in my opinion is his boxing. In comes Morozov who is 1-1 since joining the UFC, and he has held up great in both those fights. Yes he did lose 1 of those matches, but looked OK against a very tough opponent. He is a busy fighter with solid pressure & movement. He has good counter punching and times his shot's very well. He averages 4 take downs per fight & has some very nice entries. I anticipate him mixing in his striking & eventually work in take downs and control Andrade on the ground. I Like Morozov by decision at +150. 

    Reply

    Morozov vs Andrade 

    Interesting match up here. Andrade comes into this fight with a ton of experience against top talent in the UFC. He is a solid striker with good power in his hands. He likes too get inside the pocket and exchange shots and make the fight dirty. He is not scared to absorb shot's too return some of his own. He also has solid kicks. He is capable on the ground, but his preference in my opinion is his boxing. In comes Morozov who is 1-1 since joining the UFC, and he has held up great in both those fights. Yes he did lose 1 of those matches, but looked OK against a very tough opponent. He is a busy fighter with solid pressure & movement. He has good counter punching and times his shot's very well. He averages 4 take downs per fight & has some very nice entries. I anticipate him mixing in his striking & eventually work in take downs and control Andrade on the ground. I Like Morozov by decision at +150. 

     
    paletta007
    paletta007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 21407
    Posted: Feb. 9, 2022 - 1:02 PM ET #6

    Dobson vs Malkoun 

    This should be exciting. Dobson is making his official UFC debut after an impressive contender series win back in September. Dobson is a very aggressive striker with fast hands and legit power. He is not afraid too march forward and throw combinations and get in the face of his opponent and overwhelm them. He is solid enough on the ground, but his strength is 100% his striking & speed. Malkoun is 1-1 in the UFC. He isn't an overwhelming fighter, but is solid in all areas. He is a decent striker, with looping power shots and has solid grappling. I think in this match up he will need that grappling & wrestling too slow down Dobson. The fact that Dobson has shown his willingness too fight aggressive and not get gun shy, I'm leaning towards him too finish this inside the distance & +135. 

    Reply

    Dobson vs Malkoun 

    This should be exciting. Dobson is making his official UFC debut after an impressive contender series win back in September. Dobson is a very aggressive striker with fast hands and legit power. He is not afraid too march forward and throw combinations and get in the face of his opponent and overwhelm them. He is solid enough on the ground, but his strength is 100% his striking & speed. Malkoun is 1-1 in the UFC. He isn't an overwhelming fighter, but is solid in all areas. He is a decent striker, with looping power shots and has solid grappling. I think in this match up he will need that grappling & wrestling too slow down Dobson. The fact that Dobson has shown his willingness too fight aggressive and not get gun shy, I'm leaning towards him too finish this inside the distance & +135. 

     
    paletta007
    paletta007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 21407
    Posted: Feb. 9, 2022 - 2:54 PM ET #7

    Ulberg vs Cherant 

    Another fun match up here. Ulberg is another fighter training at city kickboxing on this card. He is an experienced kick boxer who has only 6 MMA fights in his career. He made his UFC debut last year and looked solid until he gassed and got KOd in the 2nd round. His striking was very crisp in that fight, but failed to do any legit damage too his opponent, which raises questions about his power? He did throw a wild amount of strikes in that fight, which obviously played a part in his cardio, so I would assume a more conservative and selective approach in his fight. In comes Cherant who is 0-2 since joining the UFC. Mind you, his first two fights were not easy. He is a very athletic fighter for his size. He fights with a solid pace, and has solid power & good kicks. If he manages too get the fight too the ground he does have solid wrestling, but his take downs are nothing too fear. I think Cherant will look too mix things up and get Ulberg too the mat, where he will have the advantage, but can he succeed in doing so? I expect a more conservative/technical approach from both fighters, who are both looking for their first UFC win. I like over 1.5 rounds at +120. 

    Reply

    Ulberg vs Cherant 

    Another fun match up here. Ulberg is another fighter training at city kickboxing on this card. He is an experienced kick boxer who has only 6 MMA fights in his career. He made his UFC debut last year and looked solid until he gassed and got KOd in the 2nd round. His striking was very crisp in that fight, but failed to do any legit damage too his opponent, which raises questions about his power? He did throw a wild amount of strikes in that fight, which obviously played a part in his cardio, so I would assume a more conservative and selective approach in his fight. In comes Cherant who is 0-2 since joining the UFC. Mind you, his first two fights were not easy. He is a very athletic fighter for his size. He fights with a solid pace, and has solid power & good kicks. If he manages too get the fight too the ground he does have solid wrestling, but his take downs are nothing too fear. I think Cherant will look too mix things up and get Ulberg too the mat, where he will have the advantage, but can he succeed in doing so? I expect a more conservative/technical approach from both fighters, who are both looking for their first UFC win. I like over 1.5 rounds at +120. 

     
    paletta007
    paletta007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 21407
    Posted: Feb. 9, 2022 - 3:19 PM ET #8

    Moicano vs Hernandez 

    This should be a close match up. Both guys coming off victories & will look too keep things rolling. Moicano has fought some of the very best, and has a lot of experience against top talent. His losses come against some very good opponents. He is a technical striker with solid grappling. He doesn't have a lot of power behind his strikes, but his technique and volume make up for it. He has good BJJ and is always a threat on the ground for a submission. Hernandez is very talented. His problem since joining the UFC is consistency. He has alternated wins/losses in his last 6 fights, and can't seem too string things together. Talent isn't the issue. He has clean boxing with very good movement & he is very athletic. He is at his best when he uses his striking too set up his wrestling. When he becomes one dimensional is when he gets picked apart. I think in this match up he has the power advantage and the wrestling advantage & if he uses them together he has serious value at +155. I will be backing the dog in this fight. 

    Reply

    Moicano vs Hernandez 

    This should be a close match up. Both guys coming off victories & will look too keep things rolling. Moicano has fought some of the very best, and has a lot of experience against top talent. His losses come against some very good opponents. He is a technical striker with solid grappling. He doesn't have a lot of power behind his strikes, but his technique and volume make up for it. He has good BJJ and is always a threat on the ground for a submission. Hernandez is very talented. His problem since joining the UFC is consistency. He has alternated wins/losses in his last 6 fights, and can't seem too string things together. Talent isn't the issue. He has clean boxing with very good movement & he is very athletic. He is at his best when he uses his striking too set up his wrestling. When he becomes one dimensional is when he gets picked apart. I think in this match up he has the power advantage and the wrestling advantage & if he uses them together he has serious value at +155. I will be backing the dog in this fight. 

     
    paletta007
    paletta007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 21407
    Posted: Feb. 9, 2022 - 3:41 PM ET #9

    Lawrence vs Martinez 

    Classic case of striker vs wrestler. Lawrence will look too wrestle Martinez from start too finish. Lawrence in his last match up had 8 take downs. He is a chain wrestler who will look for take downs all fight. He also has great movement and solid kicks which helps him set up his take downs nicely. In comes Martinez who is a legit power puncher. He has 1 punch power, and that is always a factor, no matter the opponent. He does switch stances often & that might benefit him and throw off the timing of Lawrence. Can Martinez fight off the take downs & pop back up? That is a tall task, but I think is the true X factor. I'm not sure if I will bet on this fight, but Martinez inside the distance at +600 are some crazy odds. 

    Reply

    Lawrence vs Martinez 

    Classic case of striker vs wrestler. Lawrence will look too wrestle Martinez from start too finish. Lawrence in his last match up had 8 take downs. He is a chain wrestler who will look for take downs all fight. He also has great movement and solid kicks which helps him set up his take downs nicely. In comes Martinez who is a legit power puncher. He has 1 punch power, and that is always a factor, no matter the opponent. He does switch stances often & that might benefit him and throw off the timing of Lawrence. Can Martinez fight off the take downs & pop back up? That is a tall task, but I think is the true X factor. I'm not sure if I will bet on this fight, but Martinez inside the distance at +600 are some crazy odds. 

     
    paletta007
    paletta007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 21407
    Posted: Feb. 9, 2022 - 3:56 PM ET #10

    Grishin vs Knight 

    Short notice fight for Knight. He is 3-1 since joining the UFC & has improved in each fight. He has clear power and that is very obvious, but his improved cardio & solid wrestling is what makes him a tough opponent for anyone. Yes he is taking this on short notice, but I'm not so sure that is a big factor for someone like Knight, who has made it known he's always in the gym. Grishin is 1-2 since joining the UFC. He is a solid striker who picks his spots and will pounce when he see's an opening. He has solid combinations & when he smells blood he is not scared too chase the finish. I think this will be a solid fight, but if Knight's cardio holds up which it has recently, I like him at + money. 

    Reply

    Grishin vs Knight 

    Short notice fight for Knight. He is 3-1 since joining the UFC & has improved in each fight. He has clear power and that is very obvious, but his improved cardio & solid wrestling is what makes him a tough opponent for anyone. Yes he is taking this on short notice, but I'm not so sure that is a big factor for someone like Knight, who has made it known he's always in the gym. Grishin is 1-2 since joining the UFC. He is a solid striker who picks his spots and will pounce when he see's an opening. He has solid combinations & when he smells blood he is not scared too chase the finish. I think this will be a solid fight, but if Knight's cardio holds up which it has recently, I like him at + money. 

     
    paletta007
    paletta007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 21407
    Posted: Feb. 9, 2022 - 4:10 PM ET #11

    Perez vs Schnell 

    This is a re booked fight from a couple months ago due too Schnell not being medically cleared. Perez is returning after a year layoff after losing his title shot. Perez is a solid striker with great low kicks that are always a threat. He likes too finish his strikes with a kick at the end, and that is a big weapon of his. He has good movement which is an asset for him & help's set up his take downs. He averages just under 3 per fight which is another set of skills he possess. Schnell is a solid counter striker & that might benefit him against an aggressive opponent like Perez. He has solid BJJ and is always looking for submissions when the opportunity presents himself. I think at +300 Schenll is worth a look if he is healthy. I will most likely wait until weigh ins and see how these fighters look. 

    Reply

    Perez vs Schnell 

    This is a re booked fight from a couple months ago due too Schnell not being medically cleared. Perez is returning after a year layoff after losing his title shot. Perez is a solid striker with great low kicks that are always a threat. He likes too finish his strikes with a kick at the end, and that is a big weapon of his. He has good movement which is an asset for him & help's set up his take downs. He averages just under 3 per fight which is another set of skills he possess. Schnell is a solid counter striker & that might benefit him against an aggressive opponent like Perez. He has solid BJJ and is always looking for submissions when the opportunity presents himself. I think at +300 Schenll is worth a look if he is healthy. I will most likely wait until weigh ins and see how these fighters look. 

     
    Professor1258
    Professor1258
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2015
    Posts: 988
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2022 - 8:13 AM ET #12

    @paletta007

     Hell yes .. I'll be on Alexander as well.. Good luck!

    Reply

    @paletta007

     Hell yes .. I'll be on Alexander as well.. Good luck!

     
    paletta007
    paletta007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 21407
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2022 - 9:29 AM ET #13

    @Professor1258

    Let’s hope he can finally string a couple solid fights in a row peace_5

    Reply

    @Professor1258

    Let’s hope he can finally string a couple solid fights in a row peace_5

     
    paletta007
    paletta007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 21407
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2022 - 12:22 PM ET #14

    O'Neil vs Modafferi 

    The undefeated O'Neil will look too keep things rolling. She is 3-0 since joining the UFC, with all wins VIA stoppage. O'Neil is a striker & a good one at that. She has solid elbows & decent kicks. She has shown improved wrestling & is legit prospect. At only 24 years old the future is bright for this young talented fighter. On the opposite side we have the retirement fight for the UFC veteran Modafferi. Her strength threw out her career has always been her toughness and her fight IQ, & that is still the case. She is always looking too grapple and slow down her opponent and tie them up against the cage, & I dont see this match up going any different. I see a lot of people betting O'Neil inside the distance at + money, but keep in mind Modafferi hasn't been finished since 2011. I will most likely have O'Neil in a ML parlay, and I will keep an eye on O'Neil too win by decision if i get some good + money. 

    Reply

    O'Neil vs Modafferi 

    The undefeated O'Neil will look too keep things rolling. She is 3-0 since joining the UFC, with all wins VIA stoppage. O'Neil is a striker & a good one at that. She has solid elbows & decent kicks. She has shown improved wrestling & is legit prospect. At only 24 years old the future is bright for this young talented fighter. On the opposite side we have the retirement fight for the UFC veteran Modafferi. Her strength threw out her career has always been her toughness and her fight IQ, & that is still the case. She is always looking too grapple and slow down her opponent and tie them up against the cage, & I dont see this match up going any different. I see a lot of people betting O'Neil inside the distance at + money, but keep in mind Modafferi hasn't been finished since 2011. I will most likely have O'Neil in a ML parlay, and I will keep an eye on O'Neil too win by decision if i get some good + money. 

     
    paletta007
    paletta007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 21407
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2022 - 12:52 PM ET #15

    Arlovski vs Vanderaa

    Featured prelim fight. Arlovski at age 43 is still a solid fighter. He is 2-0 in his last 2 matches and has looked solid. He has used his footwork and his fight IQ in these matches and has outpointed his opponents with decision victories. I don't see much changing here. I think the game plan will be similar. He has good striking & his movement and awareness in my opinion will be enough too frustrate and keep Vanderaa at bay. Vanderaa is 1-3 since joining the UFC. He is coming off that bad KO loss back in October of last year. He was primarily known for his grappling, but since joining the UFC, he has been more of a striker. I think if he want's success in this fight, he will have too revert back too his grappling. Easier said then done. He does have a nice jab and some power, but the experience of Arlovski I think will be the difference maker. I like Arlovski by decision in this match up at +150. If you like Vanderaa I would avoid betting him ML & take him inside the distance at +350. The chin of a 43 year old is always a factor. 

    Reply

    Arlovski vs Vanderaa

    Featured prelim fight. Arlovski at age 43 is still a solid fighter. He is 2-0 in his last 2 matches and has looked solid. He has used his footwork and his fight IQ in these matches and has outpointed his opponents with decision victories. I don't see much changing here. I think the game plan will be similar. He has good striking & his movement and awareness in my opinion will be enough too frustrate and keep Vanderaa at bay. Vanderaa is 1-3 since joining the UFC. He is coming off that bad KO loss back in October of last year. He was primarily known for his grappling, but since joining the UFC, he has been more of a striker. I think if he want's success in this fight, he will have too revert back too his grappling. Easier said then done. He does have a nice jab and some power, but the experience of Arlovski I think will be the difference maker. I like Arlovski by decision in this match up at +150. If you like Vanderaa I would avoid betting him ML & take him inside the distance at +350. The chin of a 43 year old is always a factor. 

     
    paletta007
    paletta007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 21407
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2022 - 1:26 PM ET #16

    Green vs Haqparast 

    Main card opener, and this should be a good one. I keep flip flopping in this match up. Green is a high level striker with volume & pace. He has good head movement which makes him hard too hit & hit clean with any power which makes him hard too inflict damage on. He does have solid wrestling, but its a rare skill set he uses since he's such a good striker. He never seems too slow down & his pace is normally the same from start too finish. In comes Haqparast who is an A+ striker with legit power. He is coming off that loss too Dan Hooker last year, and in that match up he got out wrestled & controlled which was a surprise. Prior too that fight, Haqparast was pretty successful in defending take downs. Will Green use some of his take downs/wrestling? I think it will be smart, but I'm not 100% confident he will. I lean Haqparast at + money with he power advantage, but Green has me flip flopping. I will wait and see how these lines move and continue too ponder this fight. 

    Reply

    Green vs Haqparast 

    Main card opener, and this should be a good one. I keep flip flopping in this match up. Green is a high level striker with volume & pace. He has good head movement which makes him hard too hit & hit clean with any power which makes him hard too inflict damage on. He does have solid wrestling, but its a rare skill set he uses since he's such a good striker. He never seems too slow down & his pace is normally the same from start too finish. In comes Haqparast who is an A+ striker with legit power. He is coming off that loss too Dan Hooker last year, and in that match up he got out wrestled & controlled which was a surprise. Prior too that fight, Haqparast was pretty successful in defending take downs. Will Green use some of his take downs/wrestling? I think it will be smart, but I'm not 100% confident he will. I lean Haqparast at + money with he power advantage, but Green has me flip flopping. I will wait and see how these lines move and continue too ponder this fight. 

     
    paletta007
    paletta007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 21407
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2022 - 2:44 PM ET #17

    Phillips vs Rojo 

    This should have fireworks. Both fighter's have exciting styles. Rojo lost his UFC debut last year, but looked solid in that fight against a very tough opponent & that was up a weight class. He has solid forward pressure with good hands and solid power. He does have good take down defense which he might need in this fight. His offensive wrestling could use some improvements, but he has shown in his career the ability too finish his opponent late in the fight when they get tired & careless & Phillips has shown cardio issues in the past. Phillips was rolling until his last fight. He is a creative striker with a wide variety of attacks. He has great footwork & is always moving which makes it hard for his opponent too time him up. His flaws were evident in his last match up. His cardio faded, and he made some critical mistakes threw out the fight. He does have some good offensive wrestling & he might wan't too use that and balance out his attack against someone as gritty as Rojo. I expect a more conservative & technical fight from Phillips, and the toughness of both fighters have me leaning towards over 2.5 rounds at +130. If your OK with the juice, over 1.5 rounds at -140 is also a safer option that I might explore. 

     

    Reply

    Phillips vs Rojo 

    This should have fireworks. Both fighter's have exciting styles. Rojo lost his UFC debut last year, but looked solid in that fight against a very tough opponent & that was up a weight class. He has solid forward pressure with good hands and solid power. He does have good take down defense which he might need in this fight. His offensive wrestling could use some improvements, but he has shown in his career the ability too finish his opponent late in the fight when they get tired & careless & Phillips has shown cardio issues in the past. Phillips was rolling until his last fight. He is a creative striker with a wide variety of attacks. He has great footwork & is always moving which makes it hard for his opponent too time him up. His flaws were evident in his last match up. His cardio faded, and he made some critical mistakes threw out the fight. He does have some good offensive wrestling & he might wan't too use that and balance out his attack against someone as gritty as Rojo. I expect a more conservative & technical fight from Phillips, and the toughness of both fighters have me leaning towards over 2.5 rounds at +130. If your OK with the juice, over 1.5 rounds at -140 is also a safer option that I might explore. 

     

     
    paletta007
    paletta007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 21407
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2022 - 3:06 PM ET #18

    Cannonier vs Brunson 

    Clash of styles. Brunson comes into this fight winning his last 5. He is a legit wrestler & it's no secret what his game plan will be. He will look for take downs early & often. His striking is OK, but he mainly uses that too set up those take downs. Once he gets on top, he does have heavy top pressure and rarely lets his opponent up, even if he isn't delivering a ton of damage. He has had Chin issues in the past, so against someone with the power of Canonier, it is worth noting. Cannonier is 4-1 in his last 5 , his only loss is against Whittaker. He is a power puncher and has lethal kicks. He does switch stances nicely which throw's off the timing of his opponent which could be a factor in this match up. The X factor in this fight is obvious. Can he defend the take downs? He did in his last match up VS Gastelum, but I believe Brunson is much more of a threat. I don't see an edge betting wise in this fight just yet, so I will most likely pass. 

    Reply

    Cannonier vs Brunson 

    Clash of styles. Brunson comes into this fight winning his last 5. He is a legit wrestler & it's no secret what his game plan will be. He will look for take downs early & often. His striking is OK, but he mainly uses that too set up those take downs. Once he gets on top, he does have heavy top pressure and rarely lets his opponent up, even if he isn't delivering a ton of damage. He has had Chin issues in the past, so against someone with the power of Canonier, it is worth noting. Cannonier is 4-1 in his last 5 , his only loss is against Whittaker. He is a power puncher and has lethal kicks. He does switch stances nicely which throw's off the timing of his opponent which could be a factor in this match up. The X factor in this fight is obvious. Can he defend the take downs? He did in his last match up VS Gastelum, but I believe Brunson is much more of a threat. I don't see an edge betting wise in this fight just yet, so I will most likely pass. 

     
    paletta007
    paletta007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 21407
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2022 - 3:18 PM ET #19

    Lewis vs Tuivasa 

    Flip a coin. Not much of a write up in this one. Both guys are powerful, both guys have cement heads. I think the one advantage Tuivasa has is his kicks, but I don't know if its enough too sway the fight. I will most likely pass on this one. 

    Reply

    Lewis vs Tuivasa 

    Flip a coin. Not much of a write up in this one. Both guys are powerful, both guys have cement heads. I think the one advantage Tuivasa has is his kicks, but I don't know if its enough too sway the fight. I will most likely pass on this one. 

     
    paletta007
    paletta007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 21407
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2022 - 3:54 PM ET #20

    Adesanya vs Whittaker 

    Short & sweet. I will take the new & improved Whittaker in this match up at +250. Yes Adesanya is elite, yes they have both improved since the last fight. But I think Whittaker has improved more so mentally and physically. I think he will come in with a solid game plan and have Adesanya thinking about take downs and mix in his striking & kicks perfectly. I love the value here. 

    Reply

    Adesanya vs Whittaker 

    Short & sweet. I will take the new & improved Whittaker in this match up at +250. Yes Adesanya is elite, yes they have both improved since the last fight. But I think Whittaker has improved more so mentally and physically. I think he will come in with a solid game plan and have Adesanya thinking about take downs and mix in his striking & kicks perfectly. I love the value here. 

     
    User592150
    User592150
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 3285
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2022 - 4:18 PM ET #21

    Post Deleted
    Reply
    Post Deleted
     
    paletta007
    paletta007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 21407
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2022 - 4:25 PM ET #22

    @ckattar8

     I agree peace_5

    Reply

    @ckattar8

     I agree peace_5

     
    Professor1258
    Professor1258
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2015
    Posts: 988
    Posted: Feb. 10, 2022 - 6:26 PM ET #23

    peace_5

    Reply

    peace_5

     
    The_Fist
    The_Fist
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2020
    Posts: 835
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2022 - 11:05 AM ET #24

    GL this weekend paletta! clover Such a solid card.

    Bobby Knuckles is my favorite fighter. I won't be betting on the fight, as I think Izzy wins....but I sure do hope you are right!

    Reply

    GL this weekend paletta! clover Such a solid card.

    Bobby Knuckles is my favorite fighter. I won't be betting on the fight, as I think Izzy wins....but I sure do hope you are right!

     
     
    paletta007
    paletta007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 21407
    Posted: Feb. 11, 2022 - 1:30 PM ET #25

    @The_Fist

    GL this weekend  peace_5

    Izzy is great, but at the current price, I think Whittaker has great value clover Lets hope he regains the title win

    Reply

    @The_Fist

    GL this weekend  peace_5

    Izzy is great, but at the current price, I think Whittaker has great value clover Lets hope he regains the title win

    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,742
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,221
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 639
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 6,601
    • PART DEUX 260
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,562
    • That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 624
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,865
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,717
    • Braves Frauds 739

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.