Also...damn I can't wait for Jones-Cormier. Probably the best mma fight ever put on from what the two guys bring to the table. I was listening to a podcast the other day. Only 9 guys have won 10 in a row in the ufc/strikeforce/pride/wec mergers ever. This is the first fight where it brings two of those guys together. Great fight.
Also...damn I can't wait for Jones-Cormier. Probably the best mma fight ever put on from what the two guys bring to the table. I was listening to a podcast the other day. Only 9 guys have won 10 in a row in the ufc/strikeforce/pride/wec mergers ever. This is the first fight where it brings two of those guys together. Great fight.
Like Struve at +230. Overeem's confidence is shot and I think Struve fights a smart fight at distance (Stipe) and waits until Reem gasses out and finishes him the same way. Also playing Nate and Noons and taking a stab that Stipe beats JDS. Hope the dogs bark! Could easily be looking at an o-fer though.
I have a hard time betting a side in a Reem fight. The guy has what it takes to crack, but if he can't finish, we all see what happens.
I like RDA, but Nate and Nick both have shocked me before. I thought Nate would lose to Jim Miller and he made him almost bite his tongue off. I thought Cerrone would beat him and Nate put on a clinic. Nate hates the UFC right now - the Reebok deal, the CM Punk signing, his most recent contract, etc. That could motivate him or make him flat. No idea.
I actually like Stipe myself too. I didn't bet it but I prefer him at that price to JDS. People keep talking about how JDS has good TD defense. Cain didn't necessarily beat him with wrestling. He just pushed him against the cage and punished him. Jab, jab, jab, clinch, push to the cage, work tight hooks, elbows and upper cuts. Stipe has that in him and the blueprint is there. Executing is a different story but that is the way to win a JDS fight.
Good luck man.
Quote Originally Posted by ParlayJoe17:
Like Struve at +230. Overeem's confidence is shot and I think Struve fights a smart fight at distance (Stipe) and waits until Reem gasses out and finishes him the same way. Also playing Nate and Noons and taking a stab that Stipe beats JDS. Hope the dogs bark! Could easily be looking at an o-fer though.
I have a hard time betting a side in a Reem fight. The guy has what it takes to crack, but if he can't finish, we all see what happens.
I like RDA, but Nate and Nick both have shocked me before. I thought Nate would lose to Jim Miller and he made him almost bite his tongue off. I thought Cerrone would beat him and Nate put on a clinic. Nate hates the UFC right now - the Reebok deal, the CM Punk signing, his most recent contract, etc. That could motivate him or make him flat. No idea.
I actually like Stipe myself too. I didn't bet it but I prefer him at that price to JDS. People keep talking about how JDS has good TD defense. Cain didn't necessarily beat him with wrestling. He just pushed him against the cage and punished him. Jab, jab, jab, clinch, push to the cage, work tight hooks, elbows and upper cuts. Stipe has that in him and the blueprint is there. Executing is a different story but that is the way to win a JDS fight.
-2 Glenn (Palmer looks ready for the big show) +1 Palhares
35-25 +18.3
Some thoughts: - RDA looked good. I think Khabib is the best LW on the planet, but if he's not ready, I don't mind seeing Pettis-Dos Anjos. Sounds fun - Reem + an intelligent fighting strategy = danger. I like what I saw tonight. - Cejudo looked great. He shouldn't go to 125. He should fight 3 or 4 at bantam and re-evaluate. - weird things tonight. Riggs broke his own neck, Varner KOs himself, Gadelha with the post fight punch, Gates with the sucker punch mid-fight.
Anyway, on to the next.
34-24 +19.3
-2 Glenn (Palmer looks ready for the big show) +1 Palhares
35-25 +18.3
Some thoughts: - RDA looked good. I think Khabib is the best LW on the planet, but if he's not ready, I don't mind seeing Pettis-Dos Anjos. Sounds fun - Reem + an intelligent fighting strategy = danger. I like what I saw tonight. - Cejudo looked great. He shouldn't go to 125. He should fight 3 or 4 at bantam and re-evaluate. - weird things tonight. Riggs broke his own neck, Varner KOs himself, Gadelha with the post fight punch, Gates with the sucker punch mid-fight.
What a great fight.. Both have so much heart but JDS had the better corner and fight plan
Yeah, great fight. I think Stipe burned himself in the clinch and takedown attempts in the first few rounds, which you can't fault the guy for - Junior is a big, strong guy to try to control. It's an interesting dichotomy though because that gameplan is the only way to beat JDS. He's just too good at striking range. I always love the abuse his face takes during the fight - it looks like he's allergic to something.
What a great fight.. Both have so much heart but JDS had the better corner and fight plan
Yeah, great fight. I think Stipe burned himself in the clinch and takedown attempts in the first few rounds, which you can't fault the guy for - Junior is a big, strong guy to try to control. It's an interesting dichotomy though because that gameplan is the only way to beat JDS. He's just too good at striking range. I always love the abuse his face takes during the fight - it looks like he's allergic to something.
BTW, I had the main event 3-2 JDS with Stipe getting 1&2. I thought round 1 and 4 were the closest rounds. I'm okay with 49-46 JDS.
I saw it the same way.
Good to hear. It seems like every close fight on the scorecards is a "robbery". Anybody that scored it 49-46 JDS, 48-47 JDS or 48-47 Stipe is reasonable, IMO. Close fight with close rounds.
Quote Originally Posted by MR219:
Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:
BTW, I had the main event 3-2 JDS with Stipe getting 1&2. I thought round 1 and 4 were the closest rounds. I'm okay with 49-46 JDS.
I saw it the same way.
Good to hear. It seems like every close fight on the scorecards is a "robbery". Anybody that scored it 49-46 JDS, 48-47 JDS or 48-47 Stipe is reasonable, IMO. Close fight with close rounds.