• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    TUF 20 Finale, UFC on Fox 13, WSOF 16

    12 Next Last»
    OnTheO
    MR219
    Coreyccr
    sawman
    Ferrari29
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1731
    Posts: 36
    12 Next Last»
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2014 - 1:47 PM ET #1

    27-20 +13.2 posted

    TUF 20 lines are posted and I'll give some leans over the next few days. I'm treading lightly on that one because the UFC has definitely picked their stars for this division and I think they're lining them up accordingly. I think girls like Herrig, Calderwood, Torres are really getting favorable match-ups so they'll be involved in parlays for me.

    To start, I'm gonna speculate some lines for the other weekend cards that haven't been released yet:

    Dos Anjos -160 Nate Diaz +120
    Overeem -240 Struve +180
    Gonzaga -260 Mitrione +200
    Moraga -400 Gates +300
    Gadelha -180 Joanna +140
    Saunders -110 Riggs -110
    Varner -200 Dober +160
    Brunson -180 Herman +140
    Joe Ellenburger -240 Barbarena +180
    Cejudo -220 Kimura +180

    The other 2 fights on the card I'm not 100% comfortable with the fighters so I won't give predictions on those. On WSOF, 2 fight line predictions:

    Palhares -160 Fitch +120
    Palmer -200 Glenn +160

    Agree, disagree? Am I mentally retarded? Leans to come...good luck this week.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    27-20 +13.2 posted

    TUF 20 lines are posted and I'll give some leans over the next few days. I'm treading lightly on that one because the UFC has definitely picked their stars for this division and I think they're lining them up accordingly. I think girls like Herrig, Calderwood, Torres are really getting favorable match-ups so they'll be involved in parlays for me.

    To start, I'm gonna speculate some lines for the other weekend cards that haven't been released yet:

    Dos Anjos -160 Nate Diaz +120
    Overeem -240 Struve +180
    Gonzaga -260 Mitrione +200
    Moraga -400 Gates +300
    Gadelha -180 Joanna +140
    Saunders -110 Riggs -110
    Varner -200 Dober +160
    Brunson -180 Herman +140
    Joe Ellenburger -240 Barbarena +180
    Cejudo -220 Kimura +180

    The other 2 fights on the card I'm not 100% comfortable with the fighters so I won't give predictions on those. On WSOF, 2 fight line predictions:

    Palhares -160 Fitch +120
    Palmer -200 Glenn +160

    Agree, disagree? Am I mentally retarded? Leans to come...good luck this week.
     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2014 - 5:20 PM ET #2

    I think Dos Anjos will open as a small favourite.  Diaz is still a big public bettor play, regardless of whoever he fights. 

    I think Overeem will be a -350 to -400 favourite. Long layoff for Struve and this is a very favourable matchup for him.  Struve won't be able to take Reem down and Struve does not have the power or striking defence to last long in a standup battle. 

    I think Gonzaga will be a much smaller favourite. My guess would be in the -150 to -175 range. Gonzaga's glass jaw versus Mitrione's lack of submission game.
    Reply
    I think Dos Anjos will open as a small favourite.  Diaz is still a big public bettor play, regardless of whoever he fights. 

    I think Overeem will be a -350 to -400 favourite. Long layoff for Struve and this is a very favourable matchup for him.  Struve won't be able to take Reem down and Struve does not have the power or striking defence to last long in a standup battle. 

    I think Gonzaga will be a much smaller favourite. My guess would be in the -150 to -175 range. Gonzaga's glass jaw versus Mitrione's lack of submission game.
     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2014 - 5:27 PM ET #3

    Brunson will be a much larger favourite. I would guess in the -275 to -300 range. 

    I don't think Ellenberger will be as high as you think either. The rest of your leans for lines are probably about right. I have no thoughts on the WSOF lines.
    Reply
    Brunson will be a much larger favourite. I would guess in the -275 to -300 range. 

    I don't think Ellenberger will be as high as you think either. The rest of your leans for lines are probably about right. I have no thoughts on the WSOF lines.
     
    Coreyccr
    Coreyccr
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 378
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2014 - 9:28 PM ET #4

    the 1 thing that worries me is are u aware of joanna jedrzejczyk's kickboxing record.....i noticed that it was taken off wiki and im pretty set on joanna's td defense and striking  ......let me know what u think
    Reply
    the 1 thing that worries me is are u aware of joanna jedrzejczyk's kickboxing record.....i noticed that it was taken off wiki and im pretty set on joanna's td defense and striking  ......let me know what u think
     
    Coreyccr
    Coreyccr
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 378
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2014 - 9:33 PM ET #5

    and mr u hit the hammer on the nail with the 1st post....i hope hope hope brunson is smaller that that betting line....i told every1 in my youtube videos to bet LARGE on him the larkin fight.....

    i also think reem will be like -250 due to lack of wins/ko's hes recently achieved 
    Reply
    and mr u hit the hammer on the nail with the 1st post....i hope hope hope brunson is smaller that that betting line....i told every1 in my youtube videos to bet LARGE on him the larkin fight.....

    i also think reem will be like -250 due to lack of wins/ko's hes recently achieved 
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2014 - 11:14 PM ET #6

    I agree on Dos Anjos being a small fave. I started at -160, but certainly wouldn't be surprised by -120 or even Diaz being -120 or something. Lay off by Diaz and recent surge by RDA though. I will probably be on RDA - he's looked sharp lately.

    I just set the Reem line based on his recent letdown performances. It seems like since he's been off the....uhh, horsemeat?....he's been hugely disappointing as a big favorite. I'm too lazy to look but if I had to guess, I imagine he was a bigger favorite over Bigfoot, Browne, and Big Ben than he was Frank Mir. I think this is a very winnable fight if he doesn't blow his load in the first two minutes or if he can finish Struve in those fight two though.

    I think Gonzaga is the ultimate gatekeeper type that beats the Mitrione level guys. He's lost to Werdum, Couture, Carwin, JDS, Schaub, Browne and Miocic. Besides Schaub, that's not a bad list for an 11 year heavyweight. And all of those fights, arguably, was the opponent's prime.

    Like you guys, I think the Brunson line may be a little wishful thinking on my part. I would be all over Brunson at -180. I set the line that way because I think Ed may be a little more known to the casual bettor. Brunson was very impressive against Larkin and may have been even more in his loss to Yoel. Derek was winning 2 rounds until the 3rd when Yoel annihilated him, but impressive nonetheless. If I remember right, that was the fight Yoel crapped himself.

    Lastly, Joanna. I'd say this is one of the hardest fights to call for me. I think this could've been the straw weight title fight and I wouldn't have much problem with it. Gadelha fights out of Nova Uniao and didn't fight on tuf 20 because she can't make that many weight cuts that quickly. She's a muscular girl and I just think she edges out Joanna in public perception. It's a hard fight to call because both of them have only had one fight outside of their local regional shows, if I'm not mistaken. If it's a close line, I'm definitely going to look into it pretty closely to see if I can find an edge, but it's an interesting match-up, for sure.
    Reply
    I agree on Dos Anjos being a small fave. I started at -160, but certainly wouldn't be surprised by -120 or even Diaz being -120 or something. Lay off by Diaz and recent surge by RDA though. I will probably be on RDA - he's looked sharp lately.

    I just set the Reem line based on his recent letdown performances. It seems like since he's been off the....uhh, horsemeat?....he's been hugely disappointing as a big favorite. I'm too lazy to look but if I had to guess, I imagine he was a bigger favorite over Bigfoot, Browne, and Big Ben than he was Frank Mir. I think this is a very winnable fight if he doesn't blow his load in the first two minutes or if he can finish Struve in those fight two though.

    I think Gonzaga is the ultimate gatekeeper type that beats the Mitrione level guys. He's lost to Werdum, Couture, Carwin, JDS, Schaub, Browne and Miocic. Besides Schaub, that's not a bad list for an 11 year heavyweight. And all of those fights, arguably, was the opponent's prime.

    Like you guys, I think the Brunson line may be a little wishful thinking on my part. I would be all over Brunson at -180. I set the line that way because I think Ed may be a little more known to the casual bettor. Brunson was very impressive against Larkin and may have been even more in his loss to Yoel. Derek was winning 2 rounds until the 3rd when Yoel annihilated him, but impressive nonetheless. If I remember right, that was the fight Yoel crapped himself.

    Lastly, Joanna. I'd say this is one of the hardest fights to call for me. I think this could've been the straw weight title fight and I wouldn't have much problem with it. Gadelha fights out of Nova Uniao and didn't fight on tuf 20 because she can't make that many weight cuts that quickly. She's a muscular girl and I just think she edges out Joanna in public perception. It's a hard fight to call because both of them have only had one fight outside of their local regional shows, if I'm not mistaken. If it's a close line, I'm definitely going to look into it pretty closely to see if I can find an edge, but it's an interesting match-up, for sure.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2014 - 11:19 PM ET #7

    Also, on Joanna, I think I remember reading something about her kickboxing for her last fight, but didn't remember until you just mentioned it now. So thank you, definitely something I'll look into.
    Reply
    Also, on Joanna, I think I remember reading something about her kickboxing for her last fight, but didn't remember until you just mentioned it now. So thank you, definitely something I'll look into.
     
    sawman
    sawman
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2011
    Posts: 5100
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2014 - 1:04 AM ET #8

    I think Saunders will be a significant fav.
    Reply
    I think Saunders will be a significant fav.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2014 - 2:30 AM ET #9

    Friday looks very chalky with the girls, i do like Oliveira though. Now Saturday, well I'll save that for Saturday.
    Reply
    Friday looks very chalky with the girls, i do like Oliveira though. Now Saturday, well I'll save that for Saturday.
     
    sharpstick
    sharpstick
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8525
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2014 - 4:39 PM ET #10

    Mitrione will be favored over Gonzaga, and Dos Anjos higher than -160 against Diaz.  Those are for sure.  
    Reply
    Mitrione will be favored over Gonzaga, and Dos Anjos higher than -160 against Diaz.  Those are for sure.  
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2014 - 5:07 PM ET #11

    Good calls guys. Lines released....bestfightodds.com
    Reply
    Good calls guys. Lines released....bestfightodds.com
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2014 - 9:38 PM ET #12

    Gonna try and steal a few bones Friday. That card is a parlay paradise!!!!
    Reply
    Gonna try and steal a few bones Friday. That card is a parlay paradise!!!!
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2014 - 10:00 PM ET #13

    Hey O, now that the lines are out, do you bet off what lines you missed the most by???? Say like Dos Anjos, you got (-160), best fight has (-245). I can barely pick winners, wondering if you have a angle here???
    Reply
    Hey O, now that the lines are out, do you bet off what lines you missed the most by???? Say like Dos Anjos, you got (-160), best fight has (-245). I can barely pick winners, wondering if you have a angle here???
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2014 - 11:03 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Hey O, now that the lines are out, do you bet off what lines you missed the most by???? Say like Dos Anjos, you got (-160), best fight has (-245). I can barely pick winners, wondering if you have a angle here???



    First off, you won all sorts last weekend - don't give me that "can't pick winners" bs! Haha

    Second, nah. I just look at the card and feel out who I think will win. I pull out all the dogs first, look at both guy's recent 4-5 fights if I don't remember them and listen for any news throughout the week. Then, I try to imagine I'm their mma coach and how I'd tell them to win - what is the fighter good at and what are their opponents weaknesses? Then I find short faves (usually won't straight bet much over -200 or so straight), do the same process. Next, I try to find fights that I think will definitely be decisions or finishes for the o/u's. Then, for the big faves, I look at props (do I think they'll finish or not). Last, for big faves who I don't have a read on finish or not, I might do a parlay or two. I try not to reach though on anything. That's when I lose - when I try to find an angle on every Legacy and rfa and fight pass prelim every weekend.

    Also, if my initial gut reaction doesn't match the review of the fighter, I pass. I also try not to read too much into things like weight cuts, motivation, if someone died in the fighter's family, etc. everyone deals with things differently and the best indicator is their past abilities.

    For instance, I think I weighted Johny too high because of the bicep surgery thing and I think people are blaming the weight cut too much for the loss. The smart bet is that these guys have fought 10 tough rounds and they're about equal. Robbie has a slight edge in boxing at distance, Johny has a slight edge in boxing in the clinch, Johny can take him down periodically but Robbie can get out and avoid damage. All that outside influence doesn't change much of that, I don't think? Their abilities are about even. If they do a trilogy next, anyone who bets on a winner is basically rolling the roulette wheel (and that's fine - I like roulette).
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Hey O, now that the lines are out, do you bet off what lines you missed the most by???? Say like Dos Anjos, you got (-160), best fight has (-245). I can barely pick winners, wondering if you have a angle here???



    First off, you won all sorts last weekend - don't give me that "can't pick winners" bs! Haha

    Second, nah. I just look at the card and feel out who I think will win. I pull out all the dogs first, look at both guy's recent 4-5 fights if I don't remember them and listen for any news throughout the week. Then, I try to imagine I'm their mma coach and how I'd tell them to win - what is the fighter good at and what are their opponents weaknesses? Then I find short faves (usually won't straight bet much over -200 or so straight), do the same process. Next, I try to find fights that I think will definitely be decisions or finishes for the o/u's. Then, for the big faves, I look at props (do I think they'll finish or not). Last, for big faves who I don't have a read on finish or not, I might do a parlay or two. I try not to reach though on anything. That's when I lose - when I try to find an angle on every Legacy and rfa and fight pass prelim every weekend.

    Also, if my initial gut reaction doesn't match the review of the fighter, I pass. I also try not to read too much into things like weight cuts, motivation, if someone died in the fighter's family, etc. everyone deals with things differently and the best indicator is their past abilities.

    For instance, I think I weighted Johny too high because of the bicep surgery thing and I think people are blaming the weight cut too much for the loss. The smart bet is that these guys have fought 10 tough rounds and they're about equal. Robbie has a slight edge in boxing at distance, Johny has a slight edge in boxing in the clinch, Johny can take him down periodically but Robbie can get out and avoid damage. All that outside influence doesn't change much of that, I don't think? Their abilities are about even. If they do a trilogy next, anyone who bets on a winner is basically rolling the roulette wheel (and that's fine - I like roulette).
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2014 - 11:41 PM ET #15

    Hey even a blind squirrel finds a nut, lol. Watch me revert back to form Saturday!!! Since I can't parlay or inside the distance bet I was wondering. God I wish my sites would let me wheel though!!!
    Reply
    Hey even a blind squirrel finds a nut, lol. Watch me revert back to form Saturday!!! Since I can't parlay or inside the distance bet I was wondering. God I wish my sites would let me wheel though!!!
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2014 - 11:50 PM ET #16

    BTW 29 Black in Roulette!!!!
    Reply
    BTW 29 Black in Roulette!!!!
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 11, 2014 - 12:06 PM ET #17

    Not a lot of time for big write-ups this week, but here's my plays for tomorrow, in order of favorite to least. I added a little line under each fight for why the play.

    Oliveira -110 over Stephens 2.2 to win 2
    Better Muay Thai, longer, very dangerous guard/ground.
    Proctor +200 over Medeiros 1 to win 2
    Major improvements in last fight, strong and tough, yancy only impressive vs weaker comp so far
    Clark +160 over Rawlings 1 to win 1.6
    Basically a coin flip on paper, taking the dog
    Esparza +140 over Namajunas 1 to win 1.4
    Wrestling, Namajunas slightly overvalued due to like-ability and flash
    Markos -110 over Penne 1.1 to win 1
    Good sweeps, top game, equal striking. Jiu jitsu defense only concern.
    Herrig + Torres + Calderwood parlay 1 to win .8
    Better fighters all around

    Next round to be up tomorrow or Saturday morning. Good luck my dudes.
    Reply
    Not a lot of time for big write-ups this week, but here's my plays for tomorrow, in order of favorite to least. I added a little line under each fight for why the play.

    Oliveira -110 over Stephens 2.2 to win 2
    Better Muay Thai, longer, very dangerous guard/ground.
    Proctor +200 over Medeiros 1 to win 2
    Major improvements in last fight, strong and tough, yancy only impressive vs weaker comp so far
    Clark +160 over Rawlings 1 to win 1.6
    Basically a coin flip on paper, taking the dog
    Esparza +140 over Namajunas 1 to win 1.4
    Wrestling, Namajunas slightly overvalued due to like-ability and flash
    Markos -110 over Penne 1.1 to win 1
    Good sweeps, top game, equal striking. Jiu jitsu defense only concern.
    Herrig + Torres + Calderwood parlay 1 to win .8
    Better fighters all around

    Next round to be up tomorrow or Saturday morning. Good luck my dudes.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Dec. 12, 2014 - 12:11 AM ET #18

    Good luck O.
    Reply
    Good luck O.
     
    whipton
    whipton
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 2823
    Posted: Dec. 12, 2014 - 9:14 AM ET #19

    BOL on the events O 
    Reply
    BOL on the events O 
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 12, 2014 - 11:24 AM ET #20

    Thanks guys - enjoy the fights!
    Reply
    Thanks guys - enjoy the fights!
     
    ParlayJoe17
    ParlayJoe17
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 272
    Posted: Dec. 12, 2014 - 12:19 PM ET #21

    I bet Oliviera at first, but after missing weight I am now on Stephens slightly.  Charles's chin not too good (Cub) and Stephens can definitely catch him with something big.  Stephens is large for this weight class and has good enough wrestling to stay off the floor for anything Oliviera's got for takedowns (see Elkins fight).  I may play the Stephens KO prop.
    Reply
    I bet Oliviera at first, but after missing weight I am now on Stephens slightly.  Charles's chin not too good (Cub) and Stephens can definitely catch him with something big.  Stephens is large for this weight class and has good enough wrestling to stay off the floor for anything Oliviera's got for takedowns (see Elkins fight).  I may play the Stephens KO prop.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 12, 2014 - 1:57 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by ParlayJoe17:

    I bet Oliviera at first, but after missing weight I am now on Stephens slightly.  Charles's chin not too good (Cub) and Stephens can definitely catch him with something big.  Stephens is large for this weight class and has good enough wrestling to stay off the floor for anything Oliviera's got for takedowns (see Elkins fight).  I may play the Stephens KO prop.


    I don't think the extra weight cut makes much difference. You see guys miss pretty often and it doesn't seem to effect outcomes, to me, very much. I think that commissions shouldn't allow it - if you miss twice you must move up classes - but that's a different discussion.

    As far as size is concerned, Jeremy and Do Bronx are both enormous for this class. Where Charles has the most advantage, his length, is where he'll need it most - on the feet.

    I also look at strength of losses. Charles has lost only to Frankie, Cub, Cerrone and Jim Miller. I just don't see Stephens in that group.

    I've been wrong plenty though, but that's just what I see. Good luck to you.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ParlayJoe17:

    I bet Oliviera at first, but after missing weight I am now on Stephens slightly.  Charles's chin not too good (Cub) and Stephens can definitely catch him with something big.  Stephens is large for this weight class and has good enough wrestling to stay off the floor for anything Oliviera's got for takedowns (see Elkins fight).  I may play the Stephens KO prop.


    I don't think the extra weight cut makes much difference. You see guys miss pretty often and it doesn't seem to effect outcomes, to me, very much. I think that commissions shouldn't allow it - if you miss twice you must move up classes - but that's a different discussion.

    As far as size is concerned, Jeremy and Do Bronx are both enormous for this class. Where Charles has the most advantage, his length, is where he'll need it most - on the feet.

    I also look at strength of losses. Charles has lost only to Frankie, Cub, Cerrone and Jim Miller. I just don't see Stephens in that group.

    I've been wrong plenty though, but that's just what I see. Good luck to you.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 12, 2014 - 3:51 PM ET #23

    For tomorrow:

    Moraga inside distance over Gates -110 2.2 to win 2
    When Moraga can bully, he's very good
    Cejudo by decision over Kimura -160 1.6 to win 1
    Cejudo by wrestling; Kimura good enough to avoid finish
    Riggs over Saunders +220 1 to win 2.2
    Riggs hits hard, Saunders is wild.
    Brunson inside distance over Herman +200 1 to win 2
    Brunson is Herman 2.0 - he does everything better and has massive advantage in power
    JDS and Stipe start round 3 +140 1 to win 1.4
    Cain is Stipe 2.0 so the blueprint is there, but I think stipe is good enough to work behind a jab and clinch to stay alive for awhile. Also we'll see how sharp JDS is after the time off.
    Gonzaga +120 over meathead 1 to win 1.2
    Gonzaga only loses to the elite and Mitrione is not there


    WSOF:
    Glenn +130 over Palmer 2 to win 2.6
    Can Palmer lay and pray his way to a win? Not in 5 rounds, IMO.
    Palhares -140 over Fitch 1.4 to win 1
    Heel hook city. I haven't bet this one yet, waiting to see if they have ITD or, favorably, sub prop available. Palhares won't win by decision or even TKO/KO. It's sub or he quits. Comforting having money on him.


    Good luck!
    Reply
    For tomorrow:

    Moraga inside distance over Gates -110 2.2 to win 2
    When Moraga can bully, he's very good
    Cejudo by decision over Kimura -160 1.6 to win 1
    Cejudo by wrestling; Kimura good enough to avoid finish
    Riggs over Saunders +220 1 to win 2.2
    Riggs hits hard, Saunders is wild.
    Brunson inside distance over Herman +200 1 to win 2
    Brunson is Herman 2.0 - he does everything better and has massive advantage in power
    JDS and Stipe start round 3 +140 1 to win 1.4
    Cain is Stipe 2.0 so the blueprint is there, but I think stipe is good enough to work behind a jab and clinch to stay alive for awhile. Also we'll see how sharp JDS is after the time off.
    Gonzaga +120 over meathead 1 to win 1.2
    Gonzaga only loses to the elite and Mitrione is not there


    WSOF:
    Glenn +130 over Palmer 2 to win 2.6
    Can Palmer lay and pray his way to a win? Not in 5 rounds, IMO.
    Palhares -140 over Fitch 1.4 to win 1
    Heel hook city. I haven't bet this one yet, waiting to see if they have ITD or, favorably, sub prop available. Palhares won't win by decision or even TKO/KO. It's sub or he quits. Comforting having money on him.


    Good luck!
     
    ParlayJoe17
    ParlayJoe17
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 272
    Posted: Dec. 12, 2014 - 6:42 PM ET #24

    Like Struve at +230.  Overeem's confidence is shot and I think Struve fights a smart fight at distance (Stipe) and waits until Reem gasses out and finishes him the same way.  Also playing Nate and Noons and taking a stab that Stipe beats JDS.  Hope the dogs bark!  Could easily be looking at an o-fer though.

    Reply

    Like Struve at +230.  Overeem's confidence is shot and I think Struve fights a smart fight at distance (Stipe) and waits until Reem gasses out and finishes him the same way.  Also playing Nate and Noons and taking a stab that Stipe beats JDS.  Hope the dogs bark!  Could easily be looking at an o-fer though.

     
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2014 - 12:00 AM ET #25

    Not a bad Friday night. Clark, Esparza looked good!!!
    Reply
    Not a bad Friday night. Clark, Esparza looked good!!!
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,280
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 636
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,460
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,666
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,257
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 122
    • Trump's legacy? 32,960
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,141
    • Trump lies so much. 22,910

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.