"He’s taking a couple steps up and I’m taking a few steps back. The kid’s talented and all, but I’ve got no business fighting this guy, you know? People are making a big deal because he beat Joe Lauzon. Welcome to the club, man. I kicked that dude’s as s eight years ago. It’s a blessing and a curse. I feel like I’ve gotta fight every dude that stepped foot on ‘The Ultimate Fighter.’ If you were in ‘The Ultimate Fighter’? I’ve gotta fight your as s. For some reason, that’s the title they’re giving me: ‘The Ultimate Fighter Destroyer.’ But f-ck it; it’s easy paychecks. I ain’t complaining because it’s keeping food on the table. But it’s just not the competition I’m looking for."
That was a freaking robbery.
Masvidal:
"He’s taking a couple steps up and I’m taking a few steps back. The kid’s talented and all, but I’ve got no business fighting this guy, you know? People are making a big deal because he beat Joe Lauzon. Welcome to the club, man. I kicked that dude’s as s eight years ago. It’s a blessing and a curse. I feel like I’ve gotta fight every dude that stepped foot on ‘The Ultimate Fighter.’ If you were in ‘The Ultimate Fighter’? I’ve gotta fight your as s. For some reason, that’s the title they’re giving me: ‘The Ultimate Fighter Destroyer.’ But f-ck it; it’s easy paychecks. I ain’t complaining because it’s keeping food on the table. But it’s just not the competition I’m looking for."
"He’s taking a couple steps up and I’m taking a few steps back. The kid’s talented and all, but I’ve got no business fighting this guy, you know? People are making a big deal because he beat Joe Lauzon. Welcome to the club, man. I kicked that dude’s as s eight years ago. It’s a blessing and a curse. I feel like I’ve gotta fight every dude that stepped foot on ‘The Ultimate Fighter.’ If you were in ‘The Ultimate Fighter’? I’ve gotta fight your as s. For some reason, that’s the title they’re giving me: ‘The Ultimate Fighter Destroyer.’ But f-ck it; it’s easy paychecks. I ain’t complaining because it’s keeping food on the table. But it’s just not the competition I’m looking for."
That was a freaking robbery.
that was brutal!!!!!!!!! no 10-8 first round, WTF
Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:
Masvidal:
"He’s taking a couple steps up and I’m taking a few steps back. The kid’s talented and all, but I’ve got no business fighting this guy, you know? People are making a big deal because he beat Joe Lauzon. Welcome to the club, man. I kicked that dude’s as s eight years ago. It’s a blessing and a curse. I feel like I’ve gotta fight every dude that stepped foot on ‘The Ultimate Fighter.’ If you were in ‘The Ultimate Fighter’? I’ve gotta fight your as s. For some reason, that’s the title they’re giving me: ‘The Ultimate Fighter Destroyer.’ But f-ck it; it’s easy paychecks. I ain’t complaining because it’s keeping food on the table. But it’s just not the competition I’m looking for."
It is bs they were booing Al as well. All he did was fight. People are douchey.
They need to do something about the scoring. No way should jorge only get +1 point for round 1 but lose 1 point for rounds 2&3, if that's the way you saw it. I had Jorge win all 3, with at 10-8 in round 1.
Bad day all around.
It is bs they were booing Al as well. All he did was fight. People are douchey.
They need to do something about the scoring. No way should jorge only get +1 point for round 1 but lose 1 point for rounds 2&3, if that's the way you saw it. I had Jorge win all 3, with at 10-8 in round 1.
It is bs they were booing Al as well. All he did was fight. People are douchey.
They need to do something about the scoring. No way should jorge only get +1 point for round 1 but lose 1 point for rounds 2&3, if that's the way you saw it. I had Jorge win all 3, with at 10-8 in round 1.
Bad day all around.
I had r1 for Jorge, easily. Not a 10-8 though. I actually had him winning the round until he got rocked late. Why? More aggressive and controlled the center of the Octogon. Had r2 for Iaquinta. Again, more aggressive/controlled the center, especially with the leg kicks. R3 was a toss up, could have gone either way. A 29-28 either way would have been acceptable to me.
Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:
It is bs they were booing Al as well. All he did was fight. People are douchey.
They need to do something about the scoring. No way should jorge only get +1 point for round 1 but lose 1 point for rounds 2&3, if that's the way you saw it. I had Jorge win all 3, with at 10-8 in round 1.
Bad day all around.
I had r1 for Jorge, easily. Not a 10-8 though. I actually had him winning the round until he got rocked late. Why? More aggressive and controlled the center of the Octogon. Had r2 for Iaquinta. Again, more aggressive/controlled the center, especially with the leg kicks. R3 was a toss up, could have gone either way. A 29-28 either way would have been acceptable to me.
Hey O. Thought the fight was over at the end of round 1 not sure why Masvidal didn't push to try to finish in the beginning of round 2. A while back I said I didn't think Al was a top 10 lightweight but I hadn't seen Masvidal fight too much before. I stand behind that statement - I think Al has good stand up and is tough as nails but don't see him as a top 10 guy. As I was watching the fight tonight I thought as it went on wow he may win this - he was way more aggressive and was pushing forward and idk why Masvidal was staying away and not going after him a little more. Just my thoughts. Sorry you lost the bet
Hey O. Thought the fight was over at the end of round 1 not sure why Masvidal didn't push to try to finish in the beginning of round 2. A while back I said I didn't think Al was a top 10 lightweight but I hadn't seen Masvidal fight too much before. I stand behind that statement - I think Al has good stand up and is tough as nails but don't see him as a top 10 guy. As I was watching the fight tonight I thought as it went on wow he may win this - he was way more aggressive and was pushing forward and idk why Masvidal was staying away and not going after him a little more. Just my thoughts. Sorry you lost the bet