The last one was Evans v Henderson on June 15th, 2013 and the buyrates were AWFUL so that makes sense as to why they haven't done it since. But Silva is such a draw that you don't need a title on the line for this one. That was around the time I started getting into it so that's why I asked because I didn't remember any.
The last one was Evans v Henderson on June 15th, 2013 and the buyrates were AWFUL so that makes sense as to why they haven't done it since. But Silva is such a draw that you don't need a title on the line for this one. That was around the time I started getting into it so that's why I asked because I didn't remember any.
That's a good point. I figured there were more non title PPVs. That fight should b e fun to watch. Probably will have some top notch taunting by both sides
That's a good point. I figured there were more non title PPVs. That fight should b e fun to watch. Probably will have some top notch taunting by both sides
Nobody defended the title but the vacated title was on the line. You weren't gonna put Hendricks v Lawler on free TV or make that a co-main event somewhere else to become champ. Especially after the way Hendricks "lost" to GSP.
Quote Originally Posted by PapaShango:
UFC 171 on March 15th didn't have a title fight.
Nobody defended the title but the vacated title was on the line. You weren't gonna put Hendricks v Lawler on free TV or make that a co-main event somewhere else to become champ. Especially after the way Hendricks "lost" to GSP.