• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    Aldo vs Mendes

    12 Next Last»
    Ferrari29
    JimGunn
    gsprush
    keven vanlith
    OnTheO
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1403
    Posts: 28
    12 Next Last»
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2014 - 9:58 PM ET #1

    Since some of us are on a break, others aren't I'd like to get that water cooler going. I love Mendes in this fight. Haven't seen a line yet but the shorter the plus money, the more I it!!!
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Since some of us are on a break, others aren't I'd like to get that water cooler going. I love Mendes in this fight. Haven't seen a line yet but the shorter the plus money, the more I it!!!
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Oct. 8, 2014 - 9:59 PM ET #2

    And if you like a guy on this card be my guest and throw him out their too!!!
    Reply
    And if you like a guy on this card be my guest and throw him out their too!!!
     
    JimGunn
    JimGunn
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 1394
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 12:32 AM ET #3

    I liked Mendes at lot more at the +325 peak on 5Dimes than I do where he is at now  at +240. I mean, he has a chance, but I still think Also is going to win this re-match if not by stoppage then at least by decision. So I haven't made any bet yet for UFC 179.

    I'm really concentrating more on this this weekend's Bellator and WSOF and RFA fights for now. Bellator lines are out already. I bet Bubba McDaniel over a debuting in Bellator Argentinian straight up at -165; Page/Burell under 1½ at -135 expecting another Venon first round knockout; and Joe Warren at +400 in the bantamweight title unification fight since that line was so tempting.
    Reply
    I liked Mendes at lot more at the +325 peak on 5Dimes than I do where he is at now  at +240. I mean, he has a chance, but I still think Also is going to win this re-match if not by stoppage then at least by decision. So I haven't made any bet yet for UFC 179.

    I'm really concentrating more on this this weekend's Bellator and WSOF and RFA fights for now. Bellator lines are out already. I bet Bubba McDaniel over a debuting in Bellator Argentinian straight up at -165; Page/Burell under 1½ at -135 expecting another Venon first round knockout; and Joe Warren at +400 in the bantamweight title unification fight since that line was so tempting.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 3:31 PM ET #4

    Ohhh I like Mendes a lot at +240. That line might drop even further!!!
    Reply
    Ohhh I like Mendes a lot at +240. That line might drop even further!!!
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 3:35 PM ET #5

    Mendes gotta get it to deep waters for any chance though. Aldo was fading badly against the Zombie before he hurt his shoulder. Now I know Aldo broke his foot in the fight but that doesn't equal bad gas tank.
    Reply
    Mendes gotta get it to deep waters for any chance though. Aldo was fading badly against the Zombie before he hurt his shoulder. Now I know Aldo broke his foot in the fight but that doesn't equal bad gas tank.
     
    JimGunn
    JimGunn
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 1394
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 4:10 PM ET #6

    Ricardo Lamas won round 5 against a tired Aldo in his title fight not too long ago, but it didn't do him any good because he still lost a UD. It's not going to do any good for Chad either unless he hurts Aldo badly early on like TJ did to Barao or actually stops him late.
    Reply
    Ricardo Lamas won round 5 against a tired Aldo in his title fight not too long ago, but it didn't do him any good because he still lost a UD. It's not going to do any good for Chad either unless he hurts Aldo badly early on like TJ did to Barao or actually stops him late.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 7:02 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by JimGunn:

    Ricardo Lamas won round 5 against a tired Aldo in his title fight not too long ago, but it didn't do him any good because he still lost a UD. It's not going to do any good for Chad either unless he hurts Aldo badly early on like TJ did to Barao or actually stops him late.



    Heck that Canadian kid almost finished Aldo in the 5th. I'm not a Alpha male lover, but Ludwig has made a big difference with Mendes and TJ. Mendes has to win a early round that's for sure. I like the wrestler vs. BJJ guy and I like the revenge factor!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JimGunn:

    Ricardo Lamas won round 5 against a tired Aldo in his title fight not too long ago, but it didn't do him any good because he still lost a UD. It's not going to do any good for Chad either unless he hurts Aldo badly early on like TJ did to Barao or actually stops him late.



    Heck that Canadian kid almost finished Aldo in the 5th. I'm not a Alpha male lover, but Ludwig has made a big difference with Mendes and TJ. Mendes has to win a early round that's for sure. I like the wrestler vs. BJJ guy and I like the revenge factor!!!
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Oct. 9, 2014 - 7:03 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by JimGunn:

    I liked Mendes at lot more at the +325 peak on 5Dimes than I do where he is at now  at +240. I mean, he has a chance, but I still think Also is going to win this re-match if not by stoppage then at least by decision. So I haven't made any bet yet for UFC 179.I'm really concentrating more on this this weekend's Bellator and WSOF and RFA fights for now. Bellator lines are out already. I bet Bubba McDaniel over a debuting in Bellator Argentinian straight up at -165; Page/Burell under 1½ at -135 expecting another Venon first round knockout; and Joe Warren at +400 in the bantamweight title unification fight since that line was so tempting.




    I see you working the Bellator and the WSOF this weekend Jim. Hardcore!!!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JimGunn:

    I liked Mendes at lot more at the +325 peak on 5Dimes than I do where he is at now  at +240. I mean, he has a chance, but I still think Also is going to win this re-match if not by stoppage then at least by decision. So I haven't made any bet yet for UFC 179.I'm really concentrating more on this this weekend's Bellator and WSOF and RFA fights for now. Bellator lines are out already. I bet Bubba McDaniel over a debuting in Bellator Argentinian straight up at -165; Page/Burell under 1½ at -135 expecting another Venon first round knockout; and Joe Warren at +400 in the bantamweight title unification fight since that line was so tempting.




    I see you working the Bellator and the WSOF this weekend Jim. Hardcore!!!!!
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2014 - 6:45 PM ET #9

    Mendes down to +170 at both my books Jim!!!!
    Reply
    Mendes down to +170 at both my books Jim!!!!
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Oct. 16, 2014 - 5:22 PM ET #10

    Phil Davis +230, that looks juicy!!!!
    Reply
    Phil Davis +230, that looks juicy!!!!
     
    gsprush
    gsprush
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 2282
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2014 - 9:22 AM ET #11

    It's clear Aldo has taken R5s off before and coasts to victory once he already has 4 rounds in the bag. These idiots ride out top position against a guy whom they have no chance of stopping from his full guard, and Aldo is more than willing to oblige. That said, yes, he does slow down, but it doesn't matter. Aldo -210 is a gift.
    Reply
    It's clear Aldo has taken R5s off before and coasts to victory once he already has 4 rounds in the bag. These idiots ride out top position against a guy whom they have no chance of stopping from his full guard, and Aldo is more than willing to oblige. That said, yes, he does slow down, but it doesn't matter. Aldo -210 is a gift.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Oct. 19, 2014 - 4:24 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by gsprush:

    It's clear Aldo has taken R5s off before and coasts to victory once he already has 4 rounds in the bag. These idiots ride out top position against a guy whom they have no chance of stopping from his full guard, and Aldo is more than willing to oblige. That said, yes, he does slow down, but it doesn't matter. Aldo -210 is a gift.


    The line and the fight remind me of Silva/Weidman part 1.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gsprush:

    It's clear Aldo has taken R5s off before and coasts to victory once he already has 4 rounds in the bag. These idiots ride out top position against a guy whom they have no chance of stopping from his full guard, and Aldo is more than willing to oblige. That said, yes, he does slow down, but it doesn't matter. Aldo -210 is a gift.


    The line and the fight remind me of Silva/Weidman part 1.
     
    gsprush
    gsprush
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 2282
    Posted: Oct. 21, 2014 - 12:25 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:



    The line and the fight remind me of Silva/Weidman part 1.


    Line and fight remind me more of Aldo/Mendes part 1 ;)
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:



    The line and the fight remind me of Silva/Weidman part 1.


    Line and fight remind me more of Aldo/Mendes part 1 ;)
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Oct. 21, 2014 - 3:17 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by gsprush:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    The line and the fight remind me of Silva/Weidman part 1.
    Line and fight remind me more of Aldo/Mendes part 1 ;)


    LMAO GSP!!! I wonder what was the line in the first fight???
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gsprush:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    The line and the fight remind me of Silva/Weidman part 1.
    Line and fight remind me more of Aldo/Mendes part 1 ;)


    LMAO GSP!!! I wonder what was the line in the first fight???
     
    keven vanlith
    keven vanlith
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2003
    Posts: 2081
    Posted: Oct. 21, 2014 - 10:15 PM ET #15

    In the Ist fight Chad was outstriking Jose 13-8 before the Chad i bendover and Jose ill knee you in the face at the same time...fortunate sequance...after the blatant fence grab seconds earlier that allowed all that to happen.

    The 1 thing i have never read or hear anyone say about Chad is his Defensive Stand up. He never gets tagged standing...ya some shots land but nothing heavy...he very much reminds me of Chris Weidman...super Def. standup...not a great volume of strikes but big power in those he throws and he is only getting better with this fairly new found toy Bang Ludwig has helped plug into this natural dominate athelete.

    Aldo has great standup, but Chad will not look out of place standing across from him mainly because of his DEF.

    I think if Jose wins this fight he chopped Chad down with those killer leg kicks over and over again, but Chad has said on many interviews he will be looking for those and has trained exstensively for that and to counter with TDs, easier said than done vs Jose though, but with your opp. going for TDs off your leg kicks vs anyone, makes the kicker a little or a lot more reluctant to keep that up.

    Tough fight to call cause Jose is bomb ready to go of at anytime, but i see the more measured and highly underated Def. that Chad brings will counteract that bomb enough along with his counterpunching, accuracy and power to do enough to somewhat offset Aldo standup advantage and mix in a few TDs (maybe 25-33% of the time success rate but he will get them esp. considering Chads standup prowess as a threat) to take it into the 4th or 5th round to possibly KO Jose late or most likely win a 48-47 across the board UN. decision because of Jose fading and Chad pushing te pace late and grinding Jose earlier from some TDs to take those last 2 rounds.

    Gl Iron

    Reply

    In the Ist fight Chad was outstriking Jose 13-8 before the Chad i bendover and Jose ill knee you in the face at the same time...fortunate sequance...after the blatant fence grab seconds earlier that allowed all that to happen.

    The 1 thing i have never read or hear anyone say about Chad is his Defensive Stand up. He never gets tagged standing...ya some shots land but nothing heavy...he very much reminds me of Chris Weidman...super Def. standup...not a great volume of strikes but big power in those he throws and he is only getting better with this fairly new found toy Bang Ludwig has helped plug into this natural dominate athelete.

    Aldo has great standup, but Chad will not look out of place standing across from him mainly because of his DEF.

    I think if Jose wins this fight he chopped Chad down with those killer leg kicks over and over again, but Chad has said on many interviews he will be looking for those and has trained exstensively for that and to counter with TDs, easier said than done vs Jose though, but with your opp. going for TDs off your leg kicks vs anyone, makes the kicker a little or a lot more reluctant to keep that up.

    Tough fight to call cause Jose is bomb ready to go of at anytime, but i see the more measured and highly underated Def. that Chad brings will counteract that bomb enough along with his counterpunching, accuracy and power to do enough to somewhat offset Aldo standup advantage and mix in a few TDs (maybe 25-33% of the time success rate but he will get them esp. considering Chads standup prowess as a threat) to take it into the 4th or 5th round to possibly KO Jose late or most likely win a 48-47 across the board UN. decision because of Jose fading and Chad pushing te pace late and grinding Jose earlier from some TDs to take those last 2 rounds.

    Gl Iron

     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Oct. 21, 2014 - 11:55 PM ET #16

    Don't forget Aldo broke his foot against the Zombie trying to chop him down. I forgot about the fence grabbing, Hmmm.
    Reply
    Don't forget Aldo broke his foot against the Zombie trying to chop him down. I forgot about the fence grabbing, Hmmm.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Oct. 21, 2014 - 11:59 PM ET #17

    Aldo broke his foot against the Zombie trying to chop him down!!! I forgot about the fence grabbing, Hmmm.
    Reply
    Aldo broke his foot against the Zombie trying to chop him down!!! I forgot about the fence grabbing, Hmmm.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2014 - 12:23 AM ET #18

    Aldo-Mendes
    I like the over 4.5 RDS +100 here. Both guys styles lend themselves to a lot of decisions against the highest levels of competition. I see this as a title fight similar to Hendricks-GSP, Jones-Gus, Aldo-Edgar. There will be a slight edge with the victor winning 1-2 rounds clearly, the opponent winning 1, and the other 2-3 being up in the air. I hate being on either side of a controversial decision, so I'll root for a great 25 minute affair.

    Some others I like:
    Wilson Reis over Jorgensen -160
    Man, I hate to bet against a guy like Scotty. I loved the WEC on Versus and he's put on some great fights in his career. But, he just looks flat lately. I don't know if he's tired of the grind, maybe has a 20-something sucking the ambition out of him - I don't know. He wins by winning the grappling battle typically, and I just don't see it here against the decorated Jiu jitsu ace in Wilson.

    Lucas Martins +155 over Elkins
    This is one of those fights where one guy will have a clear stand-up and Jiu jitsu advantage (Martins) against a guy with a clear wrestling advantage (Elkins). 2 things: 1. The great thing about this for Martins is if he can frustrate Elkins with a few failed takedowns early (which is undoubtedly all Martins is training), he can pick Elkins apart, and 2. The fight is in Brazil. If Elkins does get a few takedowns but is active off his back and clearly winning the stand-up, judges have been kind to Brazillian fighters in Brazil before (shocking).

    Hans Stringer over Maldonado +105
    This line has been dropping, dropping, dropping - I think it started at somewhere around +160. I can't imagine that there is tons of money flowing in on Stringer - Maldonado is much more known, loved and fighting on home soil. What's going on here? A bruising, nasty brawler-boxer like Fabio is best beaten by what style? A fluid, quick in-and-out, maybe Dutch kickboxer who works best in distance and mixes all 8 limbs to defeat your 2. That's Hans.

    This is my first post, so bring on the shit talking! Seriously though, I welcome all feedback/discussion.
    Reply
    Aldo-Mendes
    I like the over 4.5 RDS +100 here. Both guys styles lend themselves to a lot of decisions against the highest levels of competition. I see this as a title fight similar to Hendricks-GSP, Jones-Gus, Aldo-Edgar. There will be a slight edge with the victor winning 1-2 rounds clearly, the opponent winning 1, and the other 2-3 being up in the air. I hate being on either side of a controversial decision, so I'll root for a great 25 minute affair.

    Some others I like:
    Wilson Reis over Jorgensen -160
    Man, I hate to bet against a guy like Scotty. I loved the WEC on Versus and he's put on some great fights in his career. But, he just looks flat lately. I don't know if he's tired of the grind, maybe has a 20-something sucking the ambition out of him - I don't know. He wins by winning the grappling battle typically, and I just don't see it here against the decorated Jiu jitsu ace in Wilson.

    Lucas Martins +155 over Elkins
    This is one of those fights where one guy will have a clear stand-up and Jiu jitsu advantage (Martins) against a guy with a clear wrestling advantage (Elkins). 2 things: 1. The great thing about this for Martins is if he can frustrate Elkins with a few failed takedowns early (which is undoubtedly all Martins is training), he can pick Elkins apart, and 2. The fight is in Brazil. If Elkins does get a few takedowns but is active off his back and clearly winning the stand-up, judges have been kind to Brazillian fighters in Brazil before (shocking).

    Hans Stringer over Maldonado +105
    This line has been dropping, dropping, dropping - I think it started at somewhere around +160. I can't imagine that there is tons of money flowing in on Stringer - Maldonado is much more known, loved and fighting on home soil. What's going on here? A bruising, nasty brawler-boxer like Fabio is best beaten by what style? A fluid, quick in-and-out, maybe Dutch kickboxer who works best in distance and mixes all 8 limbs to defeat your 2. That's Hans.

    This is my first post, so bring on the shit talking! Seriously though, I welcome all feedback/discussion.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2014 - 12:50 AM ET #19

    Uno mas and it's a prop:

    Gilbert Burns inside distance over Giagos +125
    Burns is 8-0 as a pro with 7 stoppages. His only ufc fight was the only decision win against another previously undefeated fighter. But that fight was at welterweight (170). This fight is at Burns's natural weight, 155, and against a debut fighter in Giagos. Burns is a BJJ world champ, a buddy of Vitor, and a monster at 155. I think he drags this down to a GNP or sub finish pretty easily.
    Reply
    Uno mas and it's a prop:

    Gilbert Burns inside distance over Giagos +125
    Burns is 8-0 as a pro with 7 stoppages. His only ufc fight was the only decision win against another previously undefeated fighter. But that fight was at welterweight (170). This fight is at Burns's natural weight, 155, and against a debut fighter in Giagos. Burns is a BJJ world champ, a buddy of Vitor, and a monster at 155. I think he drags this down to a GNP or sub finish pretty easily.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2014 - 2:28 AM ET #20

    Welcome aboard O. Good post but i kinda like Jorgensen in this fight, waiting for the line to move my way. I think Scotty has some fight left, has fought better guys at bigger weight and is very good in the scrambles. But for him to win in Brazil he has to be clearly taking it to Reis. All the other fights besides Mendes look spot on. Sit back and relax business will pick up around Friday and Saturday!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply
    Welcome aboard O. Good post but i kinda like Jorgensen in this fight, waiting for the line to move my way. I think Scotty has some fight left, has fought better guys at bigger weight and is very good in the scrambles. But for him to win in Brazil he has to be clearly taking it to Reis. All the other fights besides Mendes look spot on. Sit back and relax business will pick up around Friday and Saturday!!!!!!!!!!
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2014 - 2:31 AM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by keven vanlith:

    In the Ist fight Chad was outstriking Jose 13-8 before the Chad i bendover and Jose ill knee you in the face at the same time...fortunate sequance...after the blatant fence grab seconds earlier that allowed all that to happen.

    The 1 thing i have never read or hear anyone say about Chad is his Defensive Stand up. He never gets tagged standing...ya some shots land but nothing heavy...he very much reminds me of Chris Weidman...super Def. standup...not a great volume of strikes but big power in those he throws and he is only getting better with this fairly new found toy Bang Ludwig has helped plug into this natural dominate athelete.

    Aldo has great standup, but Chad will not look out of place standing across from him mainly because of his DEF.

    I think if Jose wins this fight he chopped Chad down with those killer leg kicks over and over again, but Chad has said on many interviews he will be looking for those and has trained exstensively for that and to counter with TDs, easier said than done vs Jose though, but with your opp. going for TDs off your leg kicks vs anyone, makes the kicker a little or a lot more reluctant to keep that up.

    Tough fight to call cause Jose is bomb ready to go of at anytime, but i see the more measured and highly underated Def. that Chad brings will counteract that bomb enough along with his counterpunching, accuracy and power to do enough to somewhat offset Aldo standup advantage and mix in a few TDs (maybe 25-33% of the time success rate but he will get them esp. considering Chads standup prowess as a threat) to take it into the 4th or 5th round to possibly KO Jose late or most likely win a 48-47 across the board UN. decision because of Jose fading and Chad pushing te pace late and grinding Jose earlier from some TDs to take those last 2 rounds.

    Gl Iron





    Great write up Keven!!!!!!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by keven vanlith:

    In the Ist fight Chad was outstriking Jose 13-8 before the Chad i bendover and Jose ill knee you in the face at the same time...fortunate sequance...after the blatant fence grab seconds earlier that allowed all that to happen.

    The 1 thing i have never read or hear anyone say about Chad is his Defensive Stand up. He never gets tagged standing...ya some shots land but nothing heavy...he very much reminds me of Chris Weidman...super Def. standup...not a great volume of strikes but big power in those he throws and he is only getting better with this fairly new found toy Bang Ludwig has helped plug into this natural dominate athelete.

    Aldo has great standup, but Chad will not look out of place standing across from him mainly because of his DEF.

    I think if Jose wins this fight he chopped Chad down with those killer leg kicks over and over again, but Chad has said on many interviews he will be looking for those and has trained exstensively for that and to counter with TDs, easier said than done vs Jose though, but with your opp. going for TDs off your leg kicks vs anyone, makes the kicker a little or a lot more reluctant to keep that up.

    Tough fight to call cause Jose is bomb ready to go of at anytime, but i see the more measured and highly underated Def. that Chad brings will counteract that bomb enough along with his counterpunching, accuracy and power to do enough to somewhat offset Aldo standup advantage and mix in a few TDs (maybe 25-33% of the time success rate but he will get them esp. considering Chads standup prowess as a threat) to take it into the 4th or 5th round to possibly KO Jose late or most likely win a 48-47 across the board UN. decision because of Jose fading and Chad pushing te pace late and grinding Jose earlier from some TDs to take those last 2 rounds.

    Gl Iron





    Great write up Keven!!!!!!!!
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2014 - 12:44 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Welcome aboard O. Good post but i kinda like Jorgensen in this fight, waiting for the line to move my way. I think Scotty has some fight left, has fought better guys at bigger weight and is very good in the scrambles. But for him to win in Brazil he has to be clearly taking it to Reis. All the other fights besides Mendes look spot on. Sit back and relax business will pick up around Friday and Saturday!!!!!!!!!!


    How do you think Jorg wins it? Just superior striking and no ground work?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Welcome aboard O. Good post but i kinda like Jorgensen in this fight, waiting for the line to move my way. I think Scotty has some fight left, has fought better guys at bigger weight and is very good in the scrambles. But for him to win in Brazil he has to be clearly taking it to Reis. All the other fights besides Mendes look spot on. Sit back and relax business will pick up around Friday and Saturday!!!!!!!!!!


    How do you think Jorg wins it? Just superior striking and no ground work?
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2014 - 5:10 PM ET #23

    Just looking at the card, its a spot for a dawg to bark. No big play on Jorg maybe a 5 or a 10 spot. Reis hasn't finished a guy in 2 years and its the classic wrestler vs BJJ guy. Now I wouldn't be shocked if Reis won though..
    Reply
    Just looking at the card, its a spot for a dawg to bark. No big play on Jorg maybe a 5 or a 10 spot. Reis hasn't finished a guy in 2 years and its the classic wrestler vs BJJ guy. Now I wouldn't be shocked if Reis won though..
     
    warcameagle56
    warcameagle56
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 5418
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 3:28 PM ET #24

    I like Chad over Aldo...he will get Aldo down this fight.Its not a fight I will play a lot on ,but it's worth it.I too am not really a Team Alpha fan.Maybe its just because I don't care for Faber.Gets on my nerves.Looks like a 10yr old boy in a man's body.T.J. has injected confidence in these guys.How do u guys think Connor matches up against Aldo or Chad?
    Reply
    I like Chad over Aldo...he will get Aldo down this fight.Its not a fight I will play a lot on ,but it's worth it.I too am not really a Team Alpha fan.Maybe its just because I don't care for Faber.Gets on my nerves.Looks like a 10yr old boy in a man's body.T.J. has injected confidence in these guys.How do u guys think Connor matches up against Aldo or Chad?
     
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 3:42 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by warcameagle56:

    I like Chad over Aldo..he will get Aldo down this fight.Its not a fight I will play a lot on ,but it's worth it.I too am not really a Team Alpha fan.Maybe its just because I don't care for Faber.Gets on my nerves.Looks like a 10yr old boy in a man's body.T.J. has injected confidence in these guys.How do u guys think Connor matches up against Aldo or Chad?


    Better against Jose than Chad, IMO, but I think Conor loses to both of them right now. I'm not the first to suggest this, but I want to see him fight a wrestler with a good chin - Lentz, Bermudez, Elkins, Guida or even Frankie.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by warcameagle56:

    I like Chad over Aldo..he will get Aldo down this fight.Its not a fight I will play a lot on ,but it's worth it.I too am not really a Team Alpha fan.Maybe its just because I don't care for Faber.Gets on my nerves.Looks like a 10yr old boy in a man's body.T.J. has injected confidence in these guys.How do u guys think Connor matches up against Aldo or Chad?


    Better against Jose than Chad, IMO, but I think Conor loses to both of them right now. I'm not the first to suggest this, but I want to see him fight a wrestler with a good chin - Lentz, Bermudez, Elkins, Guida or even Frankie.
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,285
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 636
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,467
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,689
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,257
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 123
    • Trump's legacy? 32,960
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,152
    • Trump lies so much. 22,910

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.