• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Investments

    Crypto thread

    «First Previous 464748 ... 146147148 Next Last»
    I_Need_A_Detox
    wallstreetcappers
    Raiders22
    gambleholic63
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 29143
    Posts: 3681
    «First Previous 464748 ... 146147148 Next Last»
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 6:41 AM ET #1126

    BTC will dump when stocks dump. 

    Maybe Dow retests that Dec ‘18 low of 22,400 before dumping again? 

    I really do not want to be apart of that dump. If this is timed right you can probably double your stack before the next run. 

    Or maybe BTC will decouple? Maybe. I think they dump together, BTC recovers faster and goes into a bull run while other markets hang out at the bottom for a while. 

    Thoughts? 

    Reply

    BTC will dump when stocks dump. 

    Maybe Dow retests that Dec ‘18 low of 22,400 before dumping again? 

    I really do not want to be apart of that dump. If this is timed right you can probably double your stack before the next run. 

    Or maybe BTC will decouple? Maybe. I think they dump together, BTC recovers faster and goes into a bull run while other markets hang out at the bottom for a while. 

    Thoughts? 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 7:00 AM ET #1127

    Hilton, Norwegian Cruise, and Royal Caribbean are pumping. These companies are in for the worst year in their history. 

    This market is stupid right now. BTC is tied to it for some reason. And that has me concerned. 

    Reply

    Hilton, Norwegian Cruise, and Royal Caribbean are pumping. These companies are in for the worst year in their history. 

    This market is stupid right now. BTC is tied to it for some reason. And that has me concerned. 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 8:15 AM ET #1128

    Dump, rising wedge ... = dump coming. 

    Wall, can you take a look at the BTC chart and tell me what you think. 

     

    Reply

    Dump, rising wedge ... = dump coming. 

    Wall, can you take a look at the BTC chart and tell me what you think. 

     

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 8:35 AM ET #1129

    Corona is supposed to be brutal for the next two weeks. This is the Pearl Harbor and 9/11. 

    Stock futures pumping. 

    I don’t like it one bit! 

    Thinking of hopping into USDT with 50% of my stack!!!! 

    Reply

    Corona is supposed to be brutal for the next two weeks. This is the Pearl Harbor and 9/11. 

    Stock futures pumping. 

    I don’t like it one bit! 

    Thinking of hopping into USDT with 50% of my stack!!!! 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 10:31 AM ET #1130

    50% USDT 

    +

    Short HD at $189 exp 4/17 

    Short Hilton at $61.20 exp 4/17 

    an_nailbiter

    Reply

    50% USDT 

    +

    Short HD at $189 exp 4/17 

    Short Hilton at $61.20 exp 4/17 

    an_nailbiter

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 10:34 AM ET #1131

    I can’t figure out these shorts. 

    Feel uneasy and it would just be lighting money on fire so going to have to pass. 

    Not happy about it but what can you do. I’ll try to learn more today when I get some free time. 

    Reply

    I can’t figure out these shorts. 

    Feel uneasy and it would just be lighting money on fire so going to have to pass. 

    Not happy about it but what can you do. I’ll try to learn more today when I get some free time. 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 11:01 AM ET #1132

    Yellen says ‘for a time’ unemployment rate may go to depression levels 

    Reply

    Yellen says ‘for a time’ unemployment rate may go to depression levels 

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 12:06 PM ET #1133

    My view on BTC is it seems labored...the trading in the last few weeks has been bearish. The moves are not followed strongly by continued buying and have been met with selling. The moves up seem to be short lived green candlesticks followed by several red meaning the buys are larger at the market and then sellers come in and take it back lower. 

    I am not convinced any halfing will impact pricing...because to me supply is not what dictates price movements, it is demand. Demand can swallow up supply easy and demand can do nothing to a small supply. Ive seen stocks that seemed to go nowhere due to demand being low and then sell at a 5-10 times multiple of what it was doing NOTHING at for ages...same supply level, same relative economic environment, the only variable was demand.

    So tell me how BTC demand will change, what will impact demand...supply does not really seem a factor worthy of owning something without the demand there. 

    Shorting anything (HD etc) in this obviously bullish environment is scary and to knock a bull out you need a shock and/or an alternative. I think HD is overpriced by 100 bucks, but that doesnt mean it goes where I feel it should from a numbers perspective. If you look at their business numbers, their earnings, margins, the core of their operations...it does not deserve to sell over 100, earnings and revenues have been tepid for five years..stocks with 3% revenue growth do not deserve a 20 PE...HD is a value slow growing mature company, it deserves a low teens value PE ratio. Thats how I read their financials....no growth in margins, very little revenue growth so outside of keeping increasing debt to buy back stock I dont see what they can do to change this situation...

    Reply

    My view on BTC is it seems labored...the trading in the last few weeks has been bearish. The moves are not followed strongly by continued buying and have been met with selling. The moves up seem to be short lived green candlesticks followed by several red meaning the buys are larger at the market and then sellers come in and take it back lower. 

    I am not convinced any halfing will impact pricing...because to me supply is not what dictates price movements, it is demand. Demand can swallow up supply easy and demand can do nothing to a small supply. Ive seen stocks that seemed to go nowhere due to demand being low and then sell at a 5-10 times multiple of what it was doing NOTHING at for ages...same supply level, same relative economic environment, the only variable was demand.

    So tell me how BTC demand will change, what will impact demand...supply does not really seem a factor worthy of owning something without the demand there. 

    Shorting anything (HD etc) in this obviously bullish environment is scary and to knock a bull out you need a shock and/or an alternative. I think HD is overpriced by 100 bucks, but that doesnt mean it goes where I feel it should from a numbers perspective. If you look at their business numbers, their earnings, margins, the core of their operations...it does not deserve to sell over 100, earnings and revenues have been tepid for five years..stocks with 3% revenue growth do not deserve a 20 PE...HD is a value slow growing mature company, it deserves a low teens value PE ratio. Thats how I read their financials....no growth in margins, very little revenue growth so outside of keeping increasing debt to buy back stock I dont see what they can do to change this situation...

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 12:50 PM ET #1134

    Volume has been declining since this push up from the bottom. 

    I’d say things are looking bearish as well. When I feel very confident one way or the other with BTC, I’m wrong 9/10. 

    ETH/Alts look pretty good. 

    Reply

    Volume has been declining since this push up from the bottom. 

    I’d say things are looking bearish as well. When I feel very confident one way or the other with BTC, I’m wrong 9/10. 

    ETH/Alts look pretty good. 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 12:53 PM ET #1135

    ETH declining volume as price rises from bottom as well. 

    I think dump coming all around. Stocks, crypto, everything. 

    Reply

    ETH declining volume as price rises from bottom as well. 

    I think dump coming all around. Stocks, crypto, everything. 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 1:15 PM ET #1136

    I think about $400 million is dumped from miners each month in bitcoin if price is $7k. That’s about to switch to $200 million a month. Past history says that drives the price up bigly. 

    Reply

    I think about $400 million is dumped from miners each month in bitcoin if price is $7k. That’s about to switch to $200 million a month. Past history says that drives the price up bigly. 

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 1:21 PM ET #1137

    Yeah that is supply selling into demand. So that is the point I am making...supply can increase and have prices still go up if demand is greater than supply in quantity. I have not seen demand follow through in the last few weeks. I'm ok with it because I am well ahead and if it did go under 4k again I would buy another...either way this isnt a monster position that I would be mad about personally.

    Prices go up when demand increases, not when supply increase slows. Things change, sometimes when you watch it on a 5 minute chart you over analyze and over complicate things...speaking of myself here. Often times I get into a reasonable trade and watch it to death rather than let it go. I am not going to watch my oils to death, gonna let them ride for a while and so far I am up overall and I have to think I have a few (maybe like DVN) that will end up a double AND have a nice divi yield.

    Lets see if 7k holds and forms a new baseline...its been peeking through 7 only to go back down to 6600 to 6500 as the baseline.

    Reply

    Yeah that is supply selling into demand. So that is the point I am making...supply can increase and have prices still go up if demand is greater than supply in quantity. I have not seen demand follow through in the last few weeks. I'm ok with it because I am well ahead and if it did go under 4k again I would buy another...either way this isnt a monster position that I would be mad about personally.

    Prices go up when demand increases, not when supply increase slows. Things change, sometimes when you watch it on a 5 minute chart you over analyze and over complicate things...speaking of myself here. Often times I get into a reasonable trade and watch it to death rather than let it go. I am not going to watch my oils to death, gonna let them ride for a while and so far I am up overall and I have to think I have a few (maybe like DVN) that will end up a double AND have a nice divi yield.

    Lets see if 7k holds and forms a new baseline...its been peeking through 7 only to go back down to 6600 to 6500 as the baseline.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34273
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 2:39 PM ET #1138

    On a very long and boring teleconference where I am not really needed right now but feel obligated to join. 

     

    So thought I would mention about HD.  I see that you are considering shorting it.  I never really got your exact reasons why or if it was just a gut feel you have?  I got curious because I just have always liked HD.  I do not trade individual stocks nearly as much as I did years ago.  But sort of had the opposite feel as you do — for no real reason other than, time of year, economic situation, and peer situation.  

     

    But as it happens was looking at one of the places I trade and one of the analysts sheets came out today on HD.  Pretty standard info included that you can get anywhere at whatever place you trade.  But it does have a lot of esoteric stuff you may or may not be interested in.  

     

    Overall, they give it a Marginal Buy at this point.  1-10 they rate it a 6, trending down from 8 the last month.  For comparison the Mega Market Cap they have at 6.9, S&P 500 at 6.3.  But for Specialty Group at 4.7 and Retailers Sector 4.8. 

     

    This particular group uses Earnings 6, Fundamental 4, Relative Valuation 2, Risk 10, Price Momentum 9, Insider Trading 3.   They also have determined that PM and IT have been more effective to optimize this. This, they optimize HD at a 5. 

    Reply

    On a very long and boring teleconference where I am not really needed right now but feel obligated to join. 

     

    So thought I would mention about HD.  I see that you are considering shorting it.  I never really got your exact reasons why or if it was just a gut feel you have?  I got curious because I just have always liked HD.  I do not trade individual stocks nearly as much as I did years ago.  But sort of had the opposite feel as you do — for no real reason other than, time of year, economic situation, and peer situation.  

     

    But as it happens was looking at one of the places I trade and one of the analysts sheets came out today on HD.  Pretty standard info included that you can get anywhere at whatever place you trade.  But it does have a lot of esoteric stuff you may or may not be interested in.  

     

    Overall, they give it a Marginal Buy at this point.  1-10 they rate it a 6, trending down from 8 the last month.  For comparison the Mega Market Cap they have at 6.9, S&P 500 at 6.3.  But for Specialty Group at 4.7 and Retailers Sector 4.8. 

     

    This particular group uses Earnings 6, Fundamental 4, Relative Valuation 2, Risk 10, Price Momentum 9, Insider Trading 3.   They also have determined that PM and IT have been more effective to optimize this. This, they optimize HD at a 5. 

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34273
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 2:40 PM ET #1139

    They also compare among peers and sector.  For example, LOW they have at 8.  Trailing PE 17.4 and Forward PE 17.7 — LOW 15 and 13.3.  HD with a LTG forecast of 7.1% and LOW 15.8%. 

    But earning forecast is 8 for HD and 6 for LOW while the S&P at 6.4. 

     

    Their 12 month target mean is 229 and target vs current at 28.1%.  

     

    In their earnings they do a ‘surprise’ category comparing actual to expected and HD had been 8 positive and 4 in-line for the last 12 quarters. 

     

    Fundamental they have them at 4. Avg for home improvement retailers 3.9 and S&P 6.1.  Debt-to-capital is highest in this group.  Accruals Ratio is the lowest in this group.  

     

    With a 4 week Moving Average the Relative Valuation Score is 2, LOW 7, S&P 4.4.  

     

    Risk hey have at 10 and S&P 8.3.  The reasoning behind this is overall HD is in-line.  But on up days HD outperforms S&P — But in days when the market is down HD tends to be down more than the market.  Beta vs. S&P is 1.15.  On positive days 1.14. On negative days 1.25. 

     

    Price Momentum up to 10 from 6.  17.1% below 50-dat MA and 19.2% below 200-day MA. 

     

    The Insider Trading of 3 is way more bearish than the 6.5 of retailers average and the S&P of 4.5. 

    Reply

    They also compare among peers and sector.  For example, LOW they have at 8.  Trailing PE 17.4 and Forward PE 17.7 — LOW 15 and 13.3.  HD with a LTG forecast of 7.1% and LOW 15.8%. 

    But earning forecast is 8 for HD and 6 for LOW while the S&P at 6.4. 

     

    Their 12 month target mean is 229 and target vs current at 28.1%.  

     

    In their earnings they do a ‘surprise’ category comparing actual to expected and HD had been 8 positive and 4 in-line for the last 12 quarters. 

     

    Fundamental they have them at 4. Avg for home improvement retailers 3.9 and S&P 6.1.  Debt-to-capital is highest in this group.  Accruals Ratio is the lowest in this group.  

     

    With a 4 week Moving Average the Relative Valuation Score is 2, LOW 7, S&P 4.4.  

     

    Risk hey have at 10 and S&P 8.3.  The reasoning behind this is overall HD is in-line.  But on up days HD outperforms S&P — But in days when the market is down HD tends to be down more than the market.  Beta vs. S&P is 1.15.  On positive days 1.14. On negative days 1.25. 

     

    Price Momentum up to 10 from 6.  17.1% below 50-dat MA and 19.2% below 200-day MA. 

     

    The Insider Trading of 3 is way more bearish than the 6.5 of retailers average and the S&P of 4.5. 

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34273
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 2:55 PM ET #1140

    At any rate.  Some of the things to take away from their evaluation to me are HD seems to be in-line with the market.  But does seem to go down more than the market on bad days.  It seems LOW would be a better long-term but at this time.  HD seems to do as expected more than other stocks as far as earnings and performance. 

    So, there seems to be maybe a reason or two for a play short-term for HD to go down — mainly, as you see the market to go down.  If I were to be day-trading this stock — I would really have to be picky and have a good reason to make a play on the downside.  But maybe after a really good day or week in the market I could see taking a chance if I saw a reason for the overall market to go down — because HD tends to drop more than the market. 

    But overall, I think I would HD to be a buy and hold stick for long-term.  But it seems short-term LOW would be the better choice.  

    If you do decide to short HD — I would consider looking at puts instead of having a margin account where you are leveraged for shorting.  Because that can get out of hand in a hurry if the stock goes directly opposite of what you expect! I say this only because you haven’t had the experience with it yet.  I don’t mean it to sound negative.  That way your potential risk is not as much but you would have some nice chances for a great profit — if you are correct!

    I am interested in knowing whatever you decide to do AND the reasoning behind it.  So, keep us updated with what you decide to do.  an_cheers

    Reply

    At any rate.  Some of the things to take away from their evaluation to me are HD seems to be in-line with the market.  But does seem to go down more than the market on bad days.  It seems LOW would be a better long-term but at this time.  HD seems to do as expected more than other stocks as far as earnings and performance. 

    So, there seems to be maybe a reason or two for a play short-term for HD to go down — mainly, as you see the market to go down.  If I were to be day-trading this stock — I would really have to be picky and have a good reason to make a play on the downside.  But maybe after a really good day or week in the market I could see taking a chance if I saw a reason for the overall market to go down — because HD tends to drop more than the market. 

    But overall, I think I would HD to be a buy and hold stick for long-term.  But it seems short-term LOW would be the better choice.  

    If you do decide to short HD — I would consider looking at puts instead of having a margin account where you are leveraged for shorting.  Because that can get out of hand in a hurry if the stock goes directly opposite of what you expect! I say this only because you haven’t had the experience with it yet.  I don’t mean it to sound negative.  That way your potential risk is not as much but you would have some nice chances for a great profit — if you are correct!

    I am interested in knowing whatever you decide to do AND the reasoning behind it.  So, keep us updated with what you decide to do.  an_cheers

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 3:12 PM ET #1141

    I don’t know what’s going on with this market right now. I feel like I’m on tilt a bit. 

    Lower class/middle class America is getting destroyed. Corona fear is pretty severe from the general public. 

    Unemployment is through the roof. 

    Fed is printing money at an unprecedented rate. 

    Dow Jones +1,305 

    an_timeout

    Reply

    I don’t know what’s going on with this market right now. I feel like I’m on tilt a bit. 

    Lower class/middle class America is getting destroyed. Corona fear is pretty severe from the general public. 

    Unemployment is through the roof. 

    Fed is printing money at an unprecedented rate. 

    Dow Jones +1,305 

    an_timeout

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 3:16 PM ET #1142

    Yeah the market is not about the economy at all..its about being in front of the cure and positioned for when money moves back in. No reason for the market to keep being bullish except for front running and lots of cheap leverage.

    Interesting watching the Level 2 on Coinbase pro seeing the bid and ask sizes for the last hour or so. Volume has picked up quite a bit on the move up and there have been many big fat sizes trying to slow it down...fat to me is over 10 lots to sell and when it crossed through 7300 it had to chew through a 50 lot before it popped. The bid/ask is heavier on the sell side but so far there is enough demand to push through all of the supply. 

    Reply

    Yeah the market is not about the economy at all..its about being in front of the cure and positioned for when money moves back in. No reason for the market to keep being bullish except for front running and lots of cheap leverage.

    Interesting watching the Level 2 on Coinbase pro seeing the bid and ask sizes for the last hour or so. Volume has picked up quite a bit on the move up and there have been many big fat sizes trying to slow it down...fat to me is over 10 lots to sell and when it crossed through 7300 it had to chew through a 50 lot before it popped. The bid/ask is heavier on the sell side but so far there is enough demand to push through all of the supply. 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 3:22 PM ET #1143

    Check out the short videos of Portnoy trading @stoolpresidente 

    Lmao 

    Reply

    Check out the short videos of Portnoy trading @stoolpresidente 

    Lmao 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 3:36 PM ET #1144

    Why does he have to send ETrade $1.25 million? 

    He’s wild 

    Reply

    Why does he have to send ETrade $1.25 million? 

    He’s wild 

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 3:37 PM ET #1145

    You will have to give me the synopsis.. I am not interested in what some wealthy crazy trader is doing....what I know is a fool and their money will be parted eventually. He does not seem to have the temperment for swing day trading and its a recipe for disaster.

    Reply

    You will have to give me the synopsis.. I am not interested in what some wealthy crazy trader is doing....what I know is a fool and their money will be parted eventually. He does not seem to have the temperment for swing day trading and its a recipe for disaster.

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 3:39 PM ET #1146

    He has to send the money because he has a margin call...he is using a margin account and is leveraged, when trades go against you on a margin account you have to bring money in to settle the ammt you are below the margin requirement. He is lucky they dont just sell his account out...its rare that a firm will let someone float if they have a margin call. Usually they will freeze and sell you out.

    Reply

    He has to send the money because he has a margin call...he is using a margin account and is leveraged, when trades go against you on a margin account you have to bring money in to settle the ammt you are below the margin requirement. He is lucky they dont just sell his account out...its rare that a firm will let someone float if they have a margin call. Usually they will freeze and sell you out.

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 4:07 PM ET #1147

    I think he’s -$700,000 today. Not sure what happened exactly. 

    Reply

    I think he’s -$700,000 today. Not sure what happened exactly. 

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 4:20 PM ET #1148

    Ive seen worse than this guy unfortunately...people who get overconfident and trade crazy will be busted out. The best thing he could do is stop trading and take a breather. Collect yourself and re-focus...he is like watching Hoffman in the movie Owning Mahowny.

    Reply

    Ive seen worse than this guy unfortunately...people who get overconfident and trade crazy will be busted out. The best thing he could do is stop trading and take a breather. Collect yourself and re-focus...he is like watching Hoffman in the movie Owning Mahowny.

     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 4:22 PM ET #1149

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    I don’t know what’s going on with this market right now. I feel like I’m on tilt a bit.  Lower class/middle class America is getting destroyed. Corona fear is pretty severe from the general public.  Unemployment is through the roof.  Fed is printing money at an unprecedented rate.  Dow Jones +1,305

    Tilted? I can not fathom how horrible it must be to wake up every morning and be pulling for the total destruction of our USA economy and our markets? Everyone is entitled to their own hopes and dreams, but your hopes and dreams are so negative and disturbing that I feel you have well earned this feeling of being "tiltled". It's almost comical to read your stuff. 

    Why not be happy that your BTC is on the verge of doubling from its low? Do you not have any friends and family suffering financially because of this crisis? 

    I have personally used this bounce to increase my cash positions from basically zero to 20%. I'm not confident that these levels will hold, but I will have a sizable cash position to deploy when we are on the other side of this crisis. I remain optimistic about the future of this country and will continue to have faith in the USA. I hope you don't get too tilted if the USA survives.

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    I don’t know what’s going on with this market right now. I feel like I’m on tilt a bit.  Lower class/middle class America is getting destroyed. Corona fear is pretty severe from the general public.  Unemployment is through the roof.  Fed is printing money at an unprecedented rate.  Dow Jones +1,305

    Tilted? I can not fathom how horrible it must be to wake up every morning and be pulling for the total destruction of our USA economy and our markets? Everyone is entitled to their own hopes and dreams, but your hopes and dreams are so negative and disturbing that I feel you have well earned this feeling of being "tiltled". It's almost comical to read your stuff. 

    Why not be happy that your BTC is on the verge of doubling from its low? Do you not have any friends and family suffering financially because of this crisis? 

    I have personally used this bounce to increase my cash positions from basically zero to 20%. I'm not confident that these levels will hold, but I will have a sizable cash position to deploy when we are on the other side of this crisis. I remain optimistic about the future of this country and will continue to have faith in the USA. I hope you don't get too tilted if the USA survives.

     
     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2020 - 4:33 PM ET #1150

    S&P 2663/2762 -3.5%

    BTC 7250/8500 -15%

    If BTC doesn't have the cash inflow to win this challenge during the greatest global crisis our living generations have ever seen, when will it? 

     

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    S&P 2663/2762 -3.5%

    BTC 7250/8500 -15%

    If BTC doesn't have the cash inflow to win this challenge during the greatest global crisis our living generations have ever seen, when will it? 

     

    All Forums | Investments
    «First Previous 464748 ... 146147148 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,735
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,220
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 639
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 6,499
    • PART DEUX 259
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,551
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,856
    • That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 623
    • You asked for more winners- here you go 1,547
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,712

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.