• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Investments

    Crypto thread

    «First Previous 171819 ... 146147148 Next Last»
    wallstreetcappers
    gambleholic63
    I_Need_A_Detox
    JamieR44
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 29143
    Posts: 3681
    «First Previous 171819 ... 146147148 Next Last»
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Apr. 1, 2018 - 4:49 PM ET #401

    Those people are looking at technical charts and patterns. I am extremely familiar with all that Elliot wave blah blah and its backwards thinking that may or may not come true. I would take more value in the futures trading you saw than if Elliot Wave sequence F comes in or not.

    One technical indicator that does hold value in my book is the lower highs and lower lows concept...that I agree with.

    Reply

    Those people are looking at technical charts and patterns. I am extremely familiar with all that Elliot wave blah blah and its backwards thinking that may or may not come true. I would take more value in the futures trading you saw than if Elliot Wave sequence F comes in or not.

    One technical indicator that does hold value in my book is the lower highs and lower lows concept...that I agree with.

     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Apr. 1, 2018 - 4:57 PM ET #402

    Good luck Detox. Like Wall, I'm still on the sidelines. The range of 6-10K seems pretty safe to me but that's just technical chart analysis. I recall you saying you thought it would test this level two times and then you would jump in again. So this drop pretty much matches up with your script. 

    I still can't get past the valuations and where all this fresh money is going to come from. The big players are the ones that will make it move and I'm not sure that will happen. Anyone that bought at $200 in September of 2015 has surely taken profits as they made 7000% in 2.5 years. March 2017 buyers at $1000 are up 600% in a year. The profits made in the last 3 years is mind boggling. The stock markets have absolutely ZERO stories like this over such a short time horizon. 

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    Good luck Detox. Like Wall, I'm still on the sidelines. The range of 6-10K seems pretty safe to me but that's just technical chart analysis. I recall you saying you thought it would test this level two times and then you would jump in again. So this drop pretty much matches up with your script. 

    I still can't get past the valuations and where all this fresh money is going to come from. The big players are the ones that will make it move and I'm not sure that will happen. Anyone that bought at $200 in September of 2015 has surely taken profits as they made 7000% in 2.5 years. March 2017 buyers at $1000 are up 600% in a year. The profits made in the last 3 years is mind boggling. The stock markets have absolutely ZERO stories like this over such a short time horizon. 

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Apr. 2, 2018 - 6:51 PM ET #403

    Volume and volatility have settled down today all day...the range is tighter and it seems to be coiling up which might mean a move higher. 

    Given the trading behavior barring any sort of bad news or heavy volume coming, I would think the little buyers can push it up in the short term.

    Reply

    Volume and volatility have settled down today all day...the range is tighter and it seems to be coiling up which might mean a move higher. 

    Given the trading behavior barring any sort of bad news or heavy volume coming, I would think the little buyers can push it up in the short term.

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 2, 2018 - 7:53 PM ET #404

    “ICO takedown by SEC on civil side but in parallel DOJ (SDNY) announces *criminal* charges against Centra Tech co-founders.  As I've predicted we'll start to see DOJ treating cases of pure fraud in ICO space as a criminal matter.”

    I guess they arrested some people at the airport. Not sure if this is good, bad, or doesn’t mean anything.  
    Reply
    “ICO takedown by SEC on civil side but in parallel DOJ (SDNY) announces *criminal* charges against Centra Tech co-founders.  As I've predicted we'll start to see DOJ treating cases of pure fraud in ICO space as a criminal matter.”

    I guess they arrested some people at the airport. Not sure if this is good, bad, or doesn’t mean anything.  
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 3, 2018 - 1:36 AM ET #405

    Hopped on this morning for the ride up to $7350 and hopping back out for bedtime. See where things are at in the morning.

    Nice to see some green finally.   


    Reply
    Hopped on this morning for the ride up to $7350 and hopping back out for bedtime. See where things are at in the morning.

    Nice to see some green finally.   


     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 3, 2018 - 1:49 AM ET #406

    Double bottom confirmed? Thoughts? 
    Reply
    Double bottom confirmed? Thoughts? 
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 3, 2018 - 7:02 AM ET #407

    Annnd back in at 7325. I’m quite the swing trader.  

    Reply
    Annnd back in at 7325. I’m quite the swing trader.  

     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Apr. 3, 2018 - 9:52 PM ET #408

    Well. I was expecting a larger bounce to the upside. I'm not big into this but I'm guessing the volume is small. 

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    Well. I was expecting a larger bounce to the upside. I'm not big into this but I'm guessing the volume is small. 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 4, 2018 - 3:33 PM ET #409

    Nasty market right now. Wouldn’t be surprised if we saw 6000 or lower eventually. 
    Reply
    Nasty market right now. Wouldn’t be surprised if we saw 6000 or lower eventually. 
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Apr. 4, 2018 - 6:42 PM ET #410

    This binance hack stuff is bad news for the space...it seems that these issues keep happening and put a dark cloud over all and any crypto holders. 

    Reply

    This binance hack stuff is bad news for the space...it seems that these issues keep happening and put a dark cloud over all and any crypto holders. 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 4, 2018 - 10:10 PM ET #411

    This wasn’t a hack and the last issue wasn’t really Binances fault. 
    Reply
    This wasn’t a hack and the last issue wasn’t really Binances fault. 
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 5, 2018 - 4:53 PM ET #412

    $370 range in BTCUSD - narrowest range in a long time. 
    Reply
    $370 range in BTCUSD - narrowest range in a long time. 
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Apr. 5, 2018 - 5:20 PM ET #413

    For the news of India banning crypto it didnt drop nearly as much as I would expect. 

    Reply

    For the news of India banning crypto it didnt drop nearly as much as I would expect. 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 5, 2018 - 9:28 PM ET #414

    I’m back all in. Think a move is coming shortly just not sure if it will be up or down. 

    BTC $6775
    LSK $8.40
    XMR $172
    ICX $2.00 
    Reply
    I’m back all in. Think a move is coming shortly just not sure if it will be up or down. 

    BTC $6775
    LSK $8.40
    XMR $172
    ICX $2.00 
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 6, 2018 - 11:44 AM ET #415

    Bloomberg reporting that George Soros is going to start investing in crypto. Good — bad — who cares? 
    Reply
    Bloomberg reporting that George Soros is going to start investing in crypto. Good — bad — who cares? 
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 7, 2018 - 2:10 PM ET #416

    Charles Hoskinson tweet: Rockefeller, Soros, and Rothschild money entering the cryptocurrency space....it sounds like regulations might be getting a bit more lax. 
    Reply
    Charles Hoskinson tweet: Rockefeller, Soros, and Rothschild money entering the cryptocurrency space....it sounds like regulations might be getting a bit more lax. 
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2018 - 1:44 AM ET #417

    Reshuffled the deck 

    NEBL $7.85
    Wabi $0.71 
    Nano $4.85 
    Shift $1.75 

    Made a little with ICX. Don’t like the forks with Monero. Don’t like the reaction to the Lisk core 1.0 beta release. 

    Reply
    Reshuffled the deck 

    NEBL $7.85
    Wabi $0.71 
    Nano $4.85 
    Shift $1.75 

    Made a little with ICX. Don’t like the forks with Monero. Don’t like the reaction to the Lisk core 1.0 beta release. 

     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2018 - 11:55 AM ET #418

    Bitcoin and crypto have reached maximum awareness. I doubt you could walk down the street and find a single person that has not heard of Bitcoin/Crypto. The momentum phase is over in my opinion. I have huge doubts where the buyers will come from to push Bitcoin higher.

    My premise remains the same. Bitcoin is theoretically a currency. However, it is not widely available for use (aka, credit cards or cash) partly because its fees are outrageous compared to the alternatives. When I use a credit card, it's value is 101% of whatever I purchase because I get 1% cash back. When I use cash, I get 100% of value. Bitcoin must create an infastructure to compete with cash and credit cards to increase its use. IMO, this will never happen because of greed. Thus, Bitcoin will remain a speculative investment along with other cryptos. 

    FYI, since you suggested the Bitcoin vs. the market challenge, the S&P is -4%. Bitcoin is -25%.

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    Bitcoin and crypto have reached maximum awareness. I doubt you could walk down the street and find a single person that has not heard of Bitcoin/Crypto. The momentum phase is over in my opinion. I have huge doubts where the buyers will come from to push Bitcoin higher.

    My premise remains the same. Bitcoin is theoretically a currency. However, it is not widely available for use (aka, credit cards or cash) partly because its fees are outrageous compared to the alternatives. When I use a credit card, it's value is 101% of whatever I purchase because I get 1% cash back. When I use cash, I get 100% of value. Bitcoin must create an infastructure to compete with cash and credit cards to increase its use. IMO, this will never happen because of greed. Thus, Bitcoin will remain a speculative investment along with other cryptos. 

    FYI, since you suggested the Bitcoin vs. the market challenge, the S&P is -4%. Bitcoin is -25%.

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2018 - 12:27 PM ET #419

    So take the challenge. It’s easy to pick something now that’s doing better than Bitcoin. 

    I’ll take Bitcoin at $6,925 for one year. 

    What are you going to take? S&P at 2,660? 
    Reply
    So take the challenge. It’s easy to pick something now that’s doing better than Bitcoin. 

    I’ll take Bitcoin at $6,925 for one year. 

    What are you going to take? S&P at 2,660? 
     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2018 - 12:47 PM ET #420

    Why change the challenge now? We were never gambling real bitcoin or cash anyway. My view is that the upside for Bitcoin is extremely limited. It will not grow with the markets. Period.

    The markets always make higher highs. This has been true since the beginning of modern times. While this is partially due to inflation, it's mostly due to value...both intrinsic and secondary.

    Let the challenge roll. It's a challenge that Bitcoin can only win in the short run.

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    Why change the challenge now? We were never gambling real bitcoin or cash anyway. My view is that the upside for Bitcoin is extremely limited. It will not grow with the markets. Period.

    The markets always make higher highs. This has been true since the beginning of modern times. While this is partially due to inflation, it's mostly due to value...both intrinsic and secondary.

    Let the challenge roll. It's a challenge that Bitcoin can only win in the short run.

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2018 - 1:19 PM ET #421

    I never changed the challenge. You got scared for some reason and then popped in at a convenient time. 

    BTC $6,925 vs S&P 2,660 

    Challenge ends 1 year from today 

    Reply
    I never changed the challenge. You got scared for some reason and then popped in at a convenient time. 

    BTC $6,925 vs S&P 2,660 

    Challenge ends 1 year from today 

     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2018 - 8:01 PM ET #422

    This is an online forum. We gamble here only with our words. So you say I was scared of a hypothetical wager and am only popping in at a convenient time? That's both untrue and somewhat provoking. I have been in and out of this post since December of last year when you were touting Bitcoin and crypto at what has been proven to be extremely overvalued levels. I am here to be the voice of reason and thus far my "sell Bitcoin" calls have been spot on the money since you started this thread.

    Your challenge was proposed on February 4th at S&P 2762 and Bitcoin 8,500. Since the "challenge" is hypothetical, that's the scoreboard I will use. 

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    This is an online forum. We gamble here only with our words. So you say I was scared of a hypothetical wager and am only popping in at a convenient time? That's both untrue and somewhat provoking. I have been in and out of this post since December of last year when you were touting Bitcoin and crypto at what has been proven to be extremely overvalued levels. I am here to be the voice of reason and thus far my "sell Bitcoin" calls have been spot on the money since you started this thread.

    Your challenge was proposed on February 4th at S&P 2762 and Bitcoin 8,500. Since the "challenge" is hypothetical, that's the scoreboard I will use. 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 12, 2018 - 1:04 AM ET #423

    Ok we’ll use that one. I’ll give you a head start. 

    Nice run on alts today. I’m hopping back in Tether. 
    Reply
    Ok we’ll use that one. I’ll give you a head start. 

    Nice run on alts today. I’m hopping back in Tether. 
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 12, 2018 - 7:45 AM ET #424

    Reply
     
     
    JamieR44
    JamieR44
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 652
    Posted: Apr. 12, 2018 - 7:46 AM ET #425

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Posted: 7 hours ago "Quote" Ok we’ll use that one. I’ll give you a head start. Nice run on alts today. I’m hopping back in Tether.

    Just start where the numbers are today...it's about the same difference and will be easier to track (Or alternatively, start a new thread).

    FWIW, not really equal footing in this challenge as you're taking a basket of equities v. one equity(BTC), though I guess you could make an arguement for either side having a stronger opportunity...but whatever...I'm most interested in the outcome. BTC, ETH and XRP will eventually make it into the retail world sooner, rather than later.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Posted: 7 hours ago "Quote" Ok we’ll use that one. I’ll give you a head start. Nice run on alts today. I’m hopping back in Tether.

    Just start where the numbers are today...it's about the same difference and will be easier to track (Or alternatively, start a new thread).

    FWIW, not really equal footing in this challenge as you're taking a basket of equities v. one equity(BTC), though I guess you could make an arguement for either side having a stronger opportunity...but whatever...I'm most interested in the outcome. BTC, ETH and XRP will eventually make it into the retail world sooner, rather than later.

    All Forums | Investments
    «First Previous 171819 ... 146147148 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,442
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 636
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,211
    • PART DEUX 245
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 6,065
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,016
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,481
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,798
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,645
    • That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 615

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.