• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Investments

    Crypto thread

    «First Previous 126127128 ... 146147148 Next Last»
    I_Need_A_Detox
    YoungTB
    wiggins
    johnAw
    Chauster
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 29143
    Posts: 3681
    «First Previous 126127128 ... 146147148 Next Last»
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2021 - 7:21 AM ET #3126

    Gotta spread the love to get the good juju going for ATOM 

    an_bounce

     

    Reply

    Gotta spread the love to get the good juju going for ATOM 

    an_bounce

     

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2021 - 7:31 AM ET #3127

    Quote Originally Posted by wiggins:

    expecting srm to run here...much like with the bnb expansion and cake following...srm has to follow to mega sol pump.

    Sam’s coins Solana, FTX, Sushi, Ren, Serum etc definitely look strong. 

    Massive gains were to be had and I didn’t get in on any of that action. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wiggins:

    expecting srm to run here...much like with the bnb expansion and cake following...srm has to follow to mega sol pump.

    Sam’s coins Solana, FTX, Sushi, Ren, Serum etc definitely look strong. 

    Massive gains were to be had and I didn’t get in on any of that action. 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2021 - 9:05 AM ET #3128

    Do Kwon is a superstar just like Sam Bankman-Fried is. 

    Terra (Luna, Mirror etc) should all perform well going forward. 

    Do Kwon is building his projects on Cosmos and brings a lot of value to ATOM in the future imo. 

    Reply

    Do Kwon is a superstar just like Sam Bankman-Fried is. 

    Terra (Luna, Mirror etc) should all perform well going forward. 

    Do Kwon is building his projects on Cosmos and brings a lot of value to ATOM in the future imo. 

     
    YoungTB
    YoungTB
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2018
    Posts: 24
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2021 - 9:43 AM ET #3129

    Detox....

     

    If you have more, id really appreciate it! peace_5

     

    cosmos1afdje8rgwt4qw5chyygukhdtzcxhdh78chthvh

     

    3226354669

    Reply

    Detox....

     

    If you have more, id really appreciate it! peace_5

     

    cosmos1afdje8rgwt4qw5chyygukhdtzcxhdh78chthvh

     

    3226354669

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2021 - 9:51 AM ET #3130

    1 more 

    peace_5

    Reply

    1 more 

    peace_5

     
    YoungTB
    YoungTB
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2018
    Posts: 24
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2021 - 9:56 AM ET #3131

    Thanks Detox.....peace_5

     

    Love your crypto knowledge and always check in to see your thoughts.

    Reply

    Thanks Detox.....peace_5

     

    Love your crypto knowledge and always check in to see your thoughts.

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2021 - 10:40 AM ET #3132

    Everyone calling for this bounce to fail and  $42,000-$45,000 BTC to be the bottom 

    an_popcorn

    Reply

    Everyone calling for this bounce to fail and  $42,000-$45,000 BTC to be the bottom 

    an_popcorn

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2021 - 11:31 AM ET #3133

    No new accounts 

    That was in the rules and regulations page 7 

    peace_5

    Reply

    No new accounts 

    That was in the rules and regulations page 7 

    peace_5

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2021 - 1:10 PM ET #3134

    Looks like you guys are bringing the good juju to ATOM 

    an_bounce

    Reply

    Looks like you guys are bringing the good juju to ATOM 

    an_bounce

     
    wiggins
    wiggins
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2006
    Posts: 8832
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2021 - 1:12 PM ET #3135

    damn detox? skipped right over me eh?

    anyways, yes cosmos is a great project..hear a lot of smart people support it and say their only weakness is marketing! lol

    Reply

    damn detox? skipped right over me eh?

    anyways, yes cosmos is a great project..hear a lot of smart people support it and say their only weakness is marketing! lol

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2021 - 1:30 PM ET #3136

    Paste your address again 

    Reply

    Paste your address again 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2021 - 1:34 PM ET #3137

    Sequoia Capital invested $250m in atom a while ago. I think they’re going to release a report detailing the use case for atom. I’m sure they’ll try to time it with the Gravity DEX ... I really think it’s about to fly. 

    Gravity DEX and Osmosis should let it fly and they’re both coming this quarter I’m pretty sure. 

    Reply

    Sequoia Capital invested $250m in atom a while ago. I think they’re going to release a report detailing the use case for atom. I’m sure they’ll try to time it with the Gravity DEX ... I really think it’s about to fly. 

    Gravity DEX and Osmosis should let it fly and they’re both coming this quarter I’m pretty sure. 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2021 - 1:41 PM ET #3138

    Everyone that pasted an address should be good now

    peace_5

    Reply

    Everyone that pasted an address should be good now

    peace_5

     
    wiggins
    wiggins
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2006
    Posts: 8832
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2021 - 1:41 PM ET #3139

    thanks!

     

     

    cosmos15v50ymp6n5dn73erkqtmq0u8adpl8d3ujv2e74

    memo: 104190842

     

    how did you decide to go all in on one project? my problem is i like too many coins. perhaps spread out too thin. 

    Reply

    thanks!

     

     

    cosmos15v50ymp6n5dn73erkqtmq0u8adpl8d3ujv2e74

    memo: 104190842

     

    how did you decide to go all in on one project? my problem is i like too many coins. perhaps spread out too thin. 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2021 - 2:12 PM ET #3140

    Everyone should be good 

    Reply

    Everyone should be good 

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2021 - 2:14 PM ET #3141

    I think Cosmos is the most undervalued project in crypto. 

    It should be up around BNB/ADA/DOT. 

    So I’m all in. It’s taken longer than I thought but that’s the way it goes. Need to hold and have conviction or else you’re doomed. 

    Reply

    I think Cosmos is the most undervalued project in crypto. 

    It should be up around BNB/ADA/DOT. 

    So I’m all in. It’s taken longer than I thought but that’s the way it goes. Need to hold and have conviction or else you’re doomed. 

     
    johnAw
    johnAw
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2021
    Posts: 2
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2021 - 3:11 PM ET #3142

    @I_Need_A_Detox

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Quote Originally Posted by johnAw: @I_Need_A_Detox   Hi Hi,If you have any spare ATOMS, im ready to explore the universe with you :-D    My wallet address on the ATOM network: cosmos15v50ymp6n5dn73erkqtmq0u8adpl8d3ujv2e74 and the memo/tag: 104189074     .to infinity and beyond. No

     

    thank you.
     peace_5

    Reply

    @I_Need_A_Detox

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    Quote Originally Posted by johnAw: @I_Need_A_Detox   Hi Hi,If you have any spare ATOMS, im ready to explore the universe with you :-D    My wallet address on the ATOM network: cosmos15v50ymp6n5dn73erkqtmq0u8adpl8d3ujv2e74 and the memo/tag: 104189074     .to infinity and beyond. No

     

    thank you.
     peace_5

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2021 - 5:02 PM ET #3143

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Think of relative performance and what vehicle your $$$$ will best perform, not how many you can own. Looking at the move from 1 buck to 3 cents relative to Ether or BTC or LTC, that should give you a guide on what should happen with a market move overall. The only ways that should be different is if the float declines, there is some sort of shift happens with ADA or some kind of technical change happens like if some chip maker specializes in ADA, something like that.  The reason I asked the first question is because there must be an edge to why you would want ADA other than a general market sentiment move because it has dramatically under performed the market and the float seems to be enormous so a move to 1 buck from here would likely mean more float and under performance.  Its kind of the reason why I was saying that SHMP stock is fighting an uphill battle, the float is always going up and the value of your ownership goes down. I'd rather own something like LTC vs ADA or XLM..the floats are way too large.

     

    This was a well written post telling me why ADA was a bad buy at $0.03. 

    16 months later and it’s $1.22, or up 40x from the time of his post. 

    Your daily reminder to be careful who you take advice from on the internet. 

    peace_5

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Think of relative performance and what vehicle your $$$$ will best perform, not how many you can own. Looking at the move from 1 buck to 3 cents relative to Ether or BTC or LTC, that should give you a guide on what should happen with a market move overall. The only ways that should be different is if the float declines, there is some sort of shift happens with ADA or some kind of technical change happens like if some chip maker specializes in ADA, something like that.  The reason I asked the first question is because there must be an edge to why you would want ADA other than a general market sentiment move because it has dramatically under performed the market and the float seems to be enormous so a move to 1 buck from here would likely mean more float and under performance.  Its kind of the reason why I was saying that SHMP stock is fighting an uphill battle, the float is always going up and the value of your ownership goes down. I'd rather own something like LTC vs ADA or XLM..the floats are way too large.

     

    This was a well written post telling me why ADA was a bad buy at $0.03. 

    16 months later and it’s $1.22, or up 40x from the time of his post. 

    Your daily reminder to be careful who you take advice from on the internet. 

    peace_5

     

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2021 - 5:05 PM ET #3144

    Do you think people like this ever come back into the thread and admit that they were wrong? 

    Of course not. 

    It’s ok. 

    I was smart enough not to listen to people like this. 

    peace_5

    Reply

    Do you think people like this ever come back into the thread and admit that they were wrong? 

    Of course not. 

    It’s ok. 

    I was smart enough not to listen to people like this. 

    peace_5

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2021 - 7:30 PM ET #3145

    Cracks me up Portnoy and Elon tweeting at each other about bitcoin 

    Reply

    Cracks me up Portnoy and Elon tweeting at each other about bitcoin 

     
    Chauster
    Chauster
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 10089
    Posted: Apr. 27, 2021 - 7:50 AM ET #3146

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    1 more

    I finally got some help to install and setup a wallet, I never have done any of these things and have no clue, I got my brother to buy a small amount of ETH and my kept it on his ledger wallet thing earlier this yr, if I’m not too late, could you send me the Atoms still pls? Thx you, if I’m not too late, hopefully I don’t screw this up I copied and pasted the address below.

    cosmos1fuh09d5tz268edlm9l0tz50ejzdjehhjcmc8vh

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    1 more

    I finally got some help to install and setup a wallet, I never have done any of these things and have no clue, I got my brother to buy a small amount of ETH and my kept it on his ledger wallet thing earlier this yr, if I’m not too late, could you send me the Atoms still pls? Thx you, if I’m not too late, hopefully I don’t screw this up I copied and pasted the address below.

    cosmos1fuh09d5tz268edlm9l0tz50ejzdjehhjcmc8vh

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 27, 2021 - 8:12 AM ET #3147

    peace_5

    Reply

    peace_5

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Apr. 27, 2021 - 8:14 AM ET #3148

    MicroStrategy performance since the start of their Bitcoin treasury program:


    MSTR +388%
    BTC +373%
    NASDAQ +29%

     

    ”What a stupid move by Michael Saylor and MicroStrategy to buy bitcoin” — some guy on the internet that thinks he knows what he’s talking about 

    Reply

    MicroStrategy performance since the start of their Bitcoin treasury program:


    MSTR +388%
    BTC +373%
    NASDAQ +29%

     

    ”What a stupid move by Michael Saylor and MicroStrategy to buy bitcoin” — some guy on the internet that thinks he knows what he’s talking about 

     
    Chauster
    Chauster
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 10089
    Posted: Apr. 27, 2021 - 8:38 AM ET #3149

    One thing I often wonder why people bother buying BTC instead of ETH, In the past I looked back at the performance of BTC vs ETH going back 5 yrs and ETH has far outperform BTC and even just looking at the yr to date performance ETH again outperform BTC by more than 2X.  I keep hearing people complained ETH isn’t that scaleable and their gas fees are too high but ETH keeps on outperforming BTC and ETH has so many different projects working on their platform.  If I understand this properly, they are working on the problem to fix scale ability issue and gas fee problem on ETH, how long it will take to fix the  issues I’m guessing within 3-4 yrs, those issues should hopefully be fixed.  I can’t seem to find any definitive timetable.  As for BTC the only thing making it valuable is it’s fixed amount of supply made, the technology is slow and kind of useless but in the media that’s all I hear they talk about BTC mainly in cryptos world.  Well I got only 5 ETH bought around $1090, I know that’s not much compare to what many people I know have but it’s still a big chunk of my money I have invested between stocks and crypto.  I’m happy with the return I’m getting off ETH so far and glad I didn’t bother to buy any BTC earlier this yr.  I have friends that tell me they are expecting ETH to reach $8-10k this bull cycle and if it turns out to be super bull cycle, they are expecting ETH to reach $12-15k, if ETH gets to around $6k I would already be happy with my ROI & would most likely be selling 2 or 3 of my ETH and let the rest ride since it would be just profits I’m risking.  I don’t know how I_Need_A_Detox have so much money in crypto and all in on Atoms, I already have a hard time sleeping some days when I see the fluctuation of my ETH and I would imagine he probably doesn’t sleep much at all having 100s and 100s times more money invested in one the one crypto.  Seriously how do you deal with the fluctuations in crypto’s which is probably 10-20X crazier than fluctuations of stocks Detox?

    Reply

    One thing I often wonder why people bother buying BTC instead of ETH, In the past I looked back at the performance of BTC vs ETH going back 5 yrs and ETH has far outperform BTC and even just looking at the yr to date performance ETH again outperform BTC by more than 2X.  I keep hearing people complained ETH isn’t that scaleable and their gas fees are too high but ETH keeps on outperforming BTC and ETH has so many different projects working on their platform.  If I understand this properly, they are working on the problem to fix scale ability issue and gas fee problem on ETH, how long it will take to fix the  issues I’m guessing within 3-4 yrs, those issues should hopefully be fixed.  I can’t seem to find any definitive timetable.  As for BTC the only thing making it valuable is it’s fixed amount of supply made, the technology is slow and kind of useless but in the media that’s all I hear they talk about BTC mainly in cryptos world.  Well I got only 5 ETH bought around $1090, I know that’s not much compare to what many people I know have but it’s still a big chunk of my money I have invested between stocks and crypto.  I’m happy with the return I’m getting off ETH so far and glad I didn’t bother to buy any BTC earlier this yr.  I have friends that tell me they are expecting ETH to reach $8-10k this bull cycle and if it turns out to be super bull cycle, they are expecting ETH to reach $12-15k, if ETH gets to around $6k I would already be happy with my ROI & would most likely be selling 2 or 3 of my ETH and let the rest ride since it would be just profits I’m risking.  I don’t know how I_Need_A_Detox have so much money in crypto and all in on Atoms, I already have a hard time sleeping some days when I see the fluctuation of my ETH and I would imagine he probably doesn’t sleep much at all having 100s and 100s times more money invested in one the one crypto.  Seriously how do you deal with the fluctuations in crypto’s which is probably 10-20X crazier than fluctuations of stocks Detox?

     
     
    Chauster
    Chauster
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 10089
    Posted: Apr. 27, 2021 - 8:46 AM ET #3150

    Thx you Detox, I just got the 5 Atoms.

    Reply

    Thx you Detox, I just got the 5 Atoms.

    All Forums | Investments
    «First Previous 126127128 ... 146147148 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,720
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,216
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 638
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 6,422
    • PART DEUX 256
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,529
    • You asked for more winners- here you go 1,526
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,845
    • That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 622
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,707

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.