• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Horse Racing

    IMO, betting a horse "Across the Board" is moronic

    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
    wizardofroz
    Kurshka
    gambler315
    DannoDanger
    JimRockford
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 8768
    Posts: 55
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2010 - 10:08 AM ET #26

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurshka:

     

     

    Liquid is cool 315 ya knucklehead.

    Just wondering why Wiz came in to give us a class on betting horses. Guess he missed this thread.
    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=61&sub=100697854

    Once again, that article has NOTHING to do with my theory on ATB betting.  Just because you had a good year betting the ponies last year is irrelevant.  Someone else posted some good counterpoints regarding 7-1 or higher, but I still respectfully disagree with their thought process. 

    Kurshka, you make the same mistake in arguments as ChanceP and Danno do.  They erroneously assume that I am a sore loser when I make a mathematical point.  At this point, their ignorance becomes laughable.  

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurshka:

     

     

    Liquid is cool 315 ya knucklehead.

    Just wondering why Wiz came in to give us a class on betting horses. Guess he missed this thread.
    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=61&sub=100697854

    Once again, that article has NOTHING to do with my theory on ATB betting.  Just because you had a good year betting the ponies last year is irrelevant.  Someone else posted some good counterpoints regarding 7-1 or higher, but I still respectfully disagree with their thought process. 

    Kurshka, you make the same mistake in arguments as ChanceP and Danno do.  They erroneously assume that I am a sore loser when I make a mathematical point.  At this point, their ignorance becomes laughable.  

     
    Kurshka
    Kurshka
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 19156
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2010 - 3:15 PM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

    Once again, that article has NOTHING to do with my theory on ATB betting.  Just because you had a good year betting the ponies last year is irrelevant.  Someone else posted some good counterpoints regarding 7-1 or higher, but I still respectfully disagree with their thought process. 

    Kurshka, you make the same mistake in arguments as ChanceP and Danno do.  They erroneously assume that I am a sore loser when I make a mathematical point.  At this point, their ignorance becomes laughable.  

     

    Nobody said there was going to be a math test.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

    Once again, that article has NOTHING to do with my theory on ATB betting.  Just because you had a good year betting the ponies last year is irrelevant.  Someone else posted some good counterpoints regarding 7-1 or higher, but I still respectfully disagree with their thought process. 

    Kurshka, you make the same mistake in arguments as ChanceP and Danno do.  They erroneously assume that I am a sore loser when I make a mathematical point.  At this point, their ignorance becomes laughable.  

     

    Nobody said there was going to be a math test.

     
    gambler315
    gambler315
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2002
    Posts: 7494
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2010 - 3:56 PM ET #28

    You guys do realize that if you deal with a local, the government never gets involved!  I know it's the cutsie modern way to bet online but then you'll always leave a paper trail! I don't need the hassle. Cash is always king!
    Reply
    You guys do realize that if you deal with a local, the government never gets involved!  I know it's the cutsie modern way to bet online but then you'll always leave a paper trail! I don't need the hassle. Cash is always king!
     
    DannoDanger
    DannoDanger
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 3554
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2010 - 5:12 PM ET #29

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

    Kurshka, you make the same mistake in arguments as ChanceP and Danno do.  They erroneously assume that I am a sore loser when I make a mathematical point.  At this point, their ignorance becomes laughable.  

    All I did was come in here and thank you for your insight.  I have no idea who ChanceP or you are and I don't care.  But thanks for calling me stupid and ignorant.  Your mathmatical wizardry has me confused and scared.  Please keep all your complex algorithms and quantitative research in this thread, and I will keep my ignorant ass out.    

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

    Kurshka, you make the same mistake in arguments as ChanceP and Danno do.  They erroneously assume that I am a sore loser when I make a mathematical point.  At this point, their ignorance becomes laughable.  

    All I did was come in here and thank you for your insight.  I have no idea who ChanceP or you are and I don't care.  But thanks for calling me stupid and ignorant.  Your mathmatical wizardry has me confused and scared.  Please keep all your complex algorithms and quantitative research in this thread, and I will keep my ignorant ass out.    

     
    Kurshka
    Kurshka
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 19156
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2010 - 5:45 PM ET #30

    Quote Originally Posted by DannoDanger:

    All I did was come in here and thank you for your insight.  I have no idea who ChanceP or you are and I don't care.  But thanks for calling me stupid and ignorant.  Your mathmatical wizardry has me confused and scared.  Please keep all your complex algorithms and quantitative research in this thread, and I will keep my ignorant ass out.    

     

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by DannoDanger:

    All I did was come in here and thank you for your insight.  I have no idea who ChanceP or you are and I don't care.  But thanks for calling me stupid and ignorant.  Your mathmatical wizardry has me confused and scared.  Please keep all your complex algorithms and quantitative research in this thread, and I will keep my ignorant ass out.    

     

     

     
    JimRockford
    JimRockford
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 928
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2010 - 5:54 PM ET #31

    danno, did he call you stupid or ignorant?

     

    dont understand the hate....on these boards......

    Reply

    danno, did he call you stupid or ignorant?

     

    dont understand the hate....on these boards......

     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2010 - 9:16 PM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by DannoDanger:

    Thanks for the advice!  Once I read 'moronic' and 'not too bright', I knew I should listen to you!  I will never bet a horse across the board again. 

     

     

    I'm saved!

    Oh.  You mean those kind of thank yous?  My mistake for the misunderstanding, you know-it-all. 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by DannoDanger:

    Thanks for the advice!  Once I read 'moronic' and 'not too bright', I knew I should listen to you!  I will never bet a horse across the board again. 

     

     

    I'm saved!

    Oh.  You mean those kind of thank yous?  My mistake for the misunderstanding, you know-it-all. 

     
    DannoDanger
    DannoDanger
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 3554
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2010 - 9:31 PM ET #33

    No problem, math genius.  Any other advanced mathematical theories for us?  I had trouble understanding how else you could bet $30 (besides 10W, 10P, 10S), but I showed your 5 + 10 + 15 method to a guy I know who teaches math to geniuses, and he was able to explain it a little bit more to me.  I think I get it now.  Just go slow with that kind of stuff, and I should be ok. 
    Reply
    No problem, math genius.  Any other advanced mathematical theories for us?  I had trouble understanding how else you could bet $30 (besides 10W, 10P, 10S), but I showed your 5 + 10 + 15 method to a guy I know who teaches math to geniuses, and he was able to explain it a little bit more to me.  I think I get it now.  Just go slow with that kind of stuff, and I should be ok. 
     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2010 - 9:37 PM ET #34

    Danno, I forgot that I was talking to a professional megalomaniac like yourself.  After all, like Kurshka, you provided nothing of substance for a counter-argument.  Next time you tell me YOU made a poor bet, I will call you a liar, as you are obviously incapable of making any errors in judgement.    
    Reply
    Danno, I forgot that I was talking to a professional megalomaniac like yourself.  After all, like Kurshka, you provided nothing of substance for a counter-argument.  Next time you tell me YOU made a poor bet, I will call you a liar, as you are obviously incapable of making any errors in judgement.    
     
    DannoDanger
    DannoDanger
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 3554
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2010 - 9:47 PM ET #35

    What can I do to get you to leave me alone?  I don't understand why you're interested in me.  I just noticed you quoted me in that silly hangover thread in GD.  Just go away and play with other mathematicians. 
    Reply
    What can I do to get you to leave me alone?  I don't understand why you're interested in me.  I just noticed you quoted me in that silly hangover thread in GD.  Just go away and play with other mathematicians. 
     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2010 - 9:50 PM ET #36

    Same reason you are interested in me.  Each one of us thinks the other person is retarded, but you seem to provide more evidence of it than do.

     

    Reply

    Same reason you are interested in me.  Each one of us thinks the other person is retarded, but you seem to provide more evidence of it than do.

     

     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2010 - 9:52 PM ET #37

    Evidence of your own retardation, that is.  I have plenty of time to wait for ONE valid point from you.  Until I get eveidence of that, keep spewing your worthless diatribe and emoticons. 

    Reply

    Evidence of your own retardation, that is.  I have plenty of time to wait for ONE valid point from you.  Until I get eveidence of that, keep spewing your worthless diatribe and emoticons. 

     
    DannoDanger
    DannoDanger
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 3554
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2010 - 9:56 PM ET #38

    I've never claimed mathematical superiority over anyone.  I've never started a thread just to call other peoples' gambling methods 'moronic'.  I've never insulted your intelligence. 

    I try to be civil on here.  You try to be an asshole.  And you succeed. 

    Reply

    I've never claimed mathematical superiority over anyone.  I've never started a thread just to call other peoples' gambling methods 'moronic'.  I've never insulted your intelligence. 

    I try to be civil on here.  You try to be an asshole.  And you succeed. 

     
    DannoDanger
    DannoDanger
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 3554
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2010 - 9:58 PM ET #39

    The funny thing is, I don't even bet horses across the board (except in rare occasions).  I just think you're a pompous J.O. who likes to pretend he's smarter than everyone else.   
    Reply
    The funny thing is, I don't even bet horses across the board (except in rare occasions).  I just think you're a pompous J.O. who likes to pretend he's smarter than everyone else.   
     
    Kurshka
    Kurshka
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 19156
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2010 - 9:59 PM ET #40

    Oh brother. Somebody just broke out of the mental ward. Hey is that Bobby the Brain in your photo. Dang Danno thats your third stalker this year.
    Reply
    Oh brother. Somebody just broke out of the mental ward. Hey is that Bobby the Brain in your photo. Dang Danno thats your third stalker this year.
     
    DannoDanger
    DannoDanger
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 3554
    Posted: Apr. 11, 2010 - 10:06 PM ET #41

    Sorry Kursh.  At first he was just bothering me in the poker forum, but it's apparently spread to horses.  With the Derby approaching and all the extra traffic around here, I may have to go to horseswild with Gambler315.

    Reply

    Sorry Kursh.  At first he was just bothering me in the poker forum, but it's apparently spread to horses.  With the Derby approaching and all the extra traffic around here, I may have to go to horseswild with Gambler315.

     
    Kurshka
    Kurshka
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 19156
    Posted: Apr. 12, 2010 - 1:17 AM ET #42

    Quote Originally Posted by DannoDanger:

    Sorry Kursh.  At first he was just bothering me in the poker forum, but it's apparently spread to horses.  With the Derby approaching and all the extra traffic around here, I may have to go to horseswild with Gambler315.

     

    No stick around Danno. Already lost Mikey but he told me will stick around at times. Look when I first came here is was a ghost town. I was the A-hole at first but this place has really turned around. A lot of good guys and cappers. 315 can I ask you to change? I know you can cap but stop clogging the forum with every track. And keep your picks to less than the whole field.
    Seriously 315 you probably have a lot to bring to the table. Hope you do.

    Wiz you done why your self pity rants?

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by DannoDanger:

    Sorry Kursh.  At first he was just bothering me in the poker forum, but it's apparently spread to horses.  With the Derby approaching and all the extra traffic around here, I may have to go to horseswild with Gambler315.

     

    No stick around Danno. Already lost Mikey but he told me will stick around at times. Look when I first came here is was a ghost town. I was the A-hole at first but this place has really turned around. A lot of good guys and cappers. 315 can I ask you to change? I know you can cap but stop clogging the forum with every track. And keep your picks to less than the whole field.
    Seriously 315 you probably have a lot to bring to the table. Hope you do.

    Wiz you done why your self pity rants?

     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Apr. 12, 2010 - 10:12 AM ET #43

    Self-pity rants?  Kurshka, you appear to be a know-it-all, pompous prick, but Danno is definitely one.  Too bad I touched a nerve by offering valuable insight on my experiences booking Derby parties and sharing my own gambling mistakes with others. 

    As far as being smarter than everyone else, I passionately explain my opinion and welcome any contradicting points.  You don't have to agree with ANYTHING I say, but mental lightweights like yourselves just respond with your smarmy sarcasm and lack of insight. 

    And Danno accuses me of stalking him when it is the other way around.  In the poker rooms or my rare visits in the horse forum, Danno usually has some immature, intellectually devoid response to my posts.  You two agreeable, delusional sorts deserve each other.   

    Reply

    Self-pity rants?  Kurshka, you appear to be a know-it-all, pompous prick, but Danno is definitely one.  Too bad I touched a nerve by offering valuable insight on my experiences booking Derby parties and sharing my own gambling mistakes with others. 

    As far as being smarter than everyone else, I passionately explain my opinion and welcome any contradicting points.  You don't have to agree with ANYTHING I say, but mental lightweights like yourselves just respond with your smarmy sarcasm and lack of insight. 

    And Danno accuses me of stalking him when it is the other way around.  In the poker rooms or my rare visits in the horse forum, Danno usually has some immature, intellectually devoid response to my posts.  You two agreeable, delusional sorts deserve each other.   

     
    vegasj
    vegasj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 1100
    Posted: Apr. 12, 2010 - 11:01 AM ET #44

    It's only moronic if you bet the wrong horse (odds wise).  You DON'T bet a even money horse WPS, but you DO bet a 30-1 WPS if you think he can win.  The show will pay enough to cover the other 2 bets.
    Reply
    It's only moronic if you bet the wrong horse (odds wise).  You DON'T bet a even money horse WPS, but you DO bet a 30-1 WPS if you think he can win.  The show will pay enough to cover the other 2 bets.
     
    djbrow
    djbrow
    Covers Referee
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 15751
    Posted: Apr. 12, 2010 - 3:30 PM ET #45

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

    Self-pity rants?  Kurshka, you appear to be a know-it-all, pompous prick, but Danno is definitely one.  Too bad I touched a nerve by offering valuable insight on my experiences booking Derby parties and sharing my own gambling mistakes with others. 

    As far as being smarter than everyone else, I passionately explain my opinion and welcome any contradicting points.  You don't have to agree with ANYTHING I say, but mental lightweights like yourselves just respond with your smarmy sarcasm and lack of insight. 

    And Danno accuses me of stalking him when it is the other way around.  In the poker rooms or my rare visits in the horse forum, Danno usually has some immature, intellectually devoid response to my posts.  You two agreeable, delusional sorts deserve each other.   

    Wizard, seriously, I can't believe I would even think about boxing someone in the horse forum. We are supposed to be an intellectual degenerate group.

    Stop, man, stop. We get your point. If you have some specific facts to back up your claim, lets hear it and lay it out there. Otherwise, you are debating conjecture.

    Just like a horse race itself, there is no right and no wrong in terms of handicapping. There simply are some people that are better at it than others.

    Let's hear some derby or prep insight rather than a lecture based on one's opinion of how, not what, they should and shouldn't bet.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

    Self-pity rants?  Kurshka, you appear to be a know-it-all, pompous prick, but Danno is definitely one.  Too bad I touched a nerve by offering valuable insight on my experiences booking Derby parties and sharing my own gambling mistakes with others. 

    As far as being smarter than everyone else, I passionately explain my opinion and welcome any contradicting points.  You don't have to agree with ANYTHING I say, but mental lightweights like yourselves just respond with your smarmy sarcasm and lack of insight. 

    And Danno accuses me of stalking him when it is the other way around.  In the poker rooms or my rare visits in the horse forum, Danno usually has some immature, intellectually devoid response to my posts.  You two agreeable, delusional sorts deserve each other.   

    Wizard, seriously, I can't believe I would even think about boxing someone in the horse forum. We are supposed to be an intellectual degenerate group.

    Stop, man, stop. We get your point. If you have some specific facts to back up your claim, lets hear it and lay it out there. Otherwise, you are debating conjecture.

    Just like a horse race itself, there is no right and no wrong in terms of handicapping. There simply are some people that are better at it than others.

    Let's hear some derby or prep insight rather than a lecture based on one's opinion of how, not what, they should and shouldn't bet.

     
    gambler315
    gambler315
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2002
    Posts: 7494
    Posted: Apr. 12, 2010 - 4:18 PM ET #46

    djbrow, what is a linesman in here?  Just curious as I never saw that one before.
    Reply
    djbrow, what is a linesman in here?  Just curious as I never saw that one before.
     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Apr. 12, 2010 - 5:30 PM ET #47

    Quote Originally Posted by djbrow:

    Wizard, seriously, I can't believe I would even think about boxing someone in the horse forum. We are supposed to be an intellectual degenerate group.

    Stop, man, stop. We get your point. If you have some specific facts to back up your claim, lets here it and lay it out there. Otherwise, you are debating conjecture.

    Just like a horse race itself, there is no right and no wrong in terms of handicapping. There simply are some people that are better at it than others.

    Let's hear some derby or prep insight rather than a lecture based on one's opinion of how, not what, they should and shouldn't bet.

    Djbrow, I'll drop the argument here, but I think you are off base.  If you read my initial theory on ATB betting, I NEVER made it a personal attack on anyone here at the forum.  However, Kurshka and Danno made it personal by slinging mud my way.  And I then responded in kind.  I guess it is safest to just put a positive emoticon on this board instead of trying to stimulate interesting debate over a betting strategy. 

    My initial argument has NOTHING to do with who is the better horse handicapper.  To anyone that cares, I was a teller at a horse track for awhile, and that is where my belief and theory was developed.  But as far as HANDICAPPING races, I admit that I am AWFUL.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by djbrow:

    Wizard, seriously, I can't believe I would even think about boxing someone in the horse forum. We are supposed to be an intellectual degenerate group.

    Stop, man, stop. We get your point. If you have some specific facts to back up your claim, lets here it and lay it out there. Otherwise, you are debating conjecture.

    Just like a horse race itself, there is no right and no wrong in terms of handicapping. There simply are some people that are better at it than others.

    Let's hear some derby or prep insight rather than a lecture based on one's opinion of how, not what, they should and shouldn't bet.

    Djbrow, I'll drop the argument here, but I think you are off base.  If you read my initial theory on ATB betting, I NEVER made it a personal attack on anyone here at the forum.  However, Kurshka and Danno made it personal by slinging mud my way.  And I then responded in kind.  I guess it is safest to just put a positive emoticon on this board instead of trying to stimulate interesting debate over a betting strategy. 

    My initial argument has NOTHING to do with who is the better horse handicapper.  To anyone that cares, I was a teller at a horse track for awhile, and that is where my belief and theory was developed.  But as far as HANDICAPPING races, I admit that I am AWFUL.

     
    djbrow
    djbrow
    Covers Referee
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 15751
    Posted: Apr. 12, 2010 - 8:14 PM ET #48

    Gambler-moderator, linesman,etc. We just try to keep the site clean. I am a pretty relaxed mod. I don't like to use any form of authority unless need be. Most of these guys knew me way before "modship." \

     

    Wizard- not really. Reread this thread. You make a statement that everyone who does X is moronic. Couple of long time posters respond to a very general statement, you call them stupid.

    Look, the thing is this....Mikey, Kursha, Danno, Vet, Atlas, etc. have been a while. We have a very good site here and it will be really good in the next couple of weeks. There will be lots of opinions, and lots of great points. And people who will offer great info. With respect to a great philosopher, be the horse, Danny, be the horse.

    Reply

    Gambler-moderator, linesman,etc. We just try to keep the site clean. I am a pretty relaxed mod. I don't like to use any form of authority unless need be. Most of these guys knew me way before "modship." \

     

    Wizard- not really. Reread this thread. You make a statement that everyone who does X is moronic. Couple of long time posters respond to a very general statement, you call them stupid.

    Look, the thing is this....Mikey, Kursha, Danno, Vet, Atlas, etc. have been a while. We have a very good site here and it will be really good in the next couple of weeks. There will be lots of opinions, and lots of great points. And people who will offer great info. With respect to a great philosopher, be the horse, Danny, be the horse.

     
    Kurshka
    Kurshka
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 19156
    Posted: Apr. 12, 2010 - 9:55 PM ET #49

    Quote Originally Posted by djbrow:

    Wizard, seriously, I can't believe I would even think about boxing someone in the horse forum. We are supposed to be an intellectual degenerate group.

    Stop, man, stop. We get your point. If you have some specific facts to back up your claim, lets hear it and lay it out there. Otherwise, you are debating conjecture.

    Just like a horse race itself, there is no right and no wrong in terms of handicapping. There simply are some people that are better at it than others.

    Let's hear some derby or prep insight rather than a lecture based on one's opinion of how, not what, they should and shouldn't bet.

     

     

    Degenerates

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by djbrow:

    Wizard, seriously, I can't believe I would even think about boxing someone in the horse forum. We are supposed to be an intellectual degenerate group.

    Stop, man, stop. We get your point. If you have some specific facts to back up your claim, lets hear it and lay it out there. Otherwise, you are debating conjecture.

    Just like a horse race itself, there is no right and no wrong in terms of handicapping. There simply are some people that are better at it than others.

    Let's hear some derby or prep insight rather than a lecture based on one's opinion of how, not what, they should and shouldn't bet.

     

     

    Degenerates

     
     
    Kurshka
    Kurshka
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 19156
    Posted: Apr. 12, 2010 - 11:59 PM ET #50

    Wiz your bumping every thread. Why not this one.

    Kurshka, you appear to be a know-it-all, pompous prick, but Danno is definitely one.

    Your lucky we got DJ instead of WSC.

    Reply

    Wiz your bumping every thread. Why not this one.

    Kurshka, you appear to be a know-it-all, pompous prick, but Danno is definitely one.

    Your lucky we got DJ instead of WSC.

    All Forums | Horse Racing
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,380
    • Friday 10/02/2026 911
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,532
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,278
    • PART DEUX 292
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 31,458
    • Trump's legacy? 32,965
    • Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 4,584
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 5,983
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 6,241

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.