• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    WTF is Happening?

    1234 Next Last»
    Midnight1
    DoubleUp4Life
    666LES
    Mark_The_Narc
    vetdrm
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3707
    Posts: 87
    1234 Next Last»
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jan. 24, 2018 - 12:47 PM ET #1

    It's only January 24th & we've already had 11 school shootings across the country. 

    What ever happened to settling a score in the school yard when classes were over? 

    Most of these shootings seem to be "how many people can I kill all at once."

    What's worse is society seems to be saying oh well. 

    I can't even imagine losing a child as collateral damage in situations like this.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    It's only January 24th & we've already had 11 school shootings across the country. 

    What ever happened to settling a score in the school yard when classes were over? 

    Most of these shootings seem to be "how many people can I kill all at once."

    What's worse is society seems to be saying oh well. 

    I can't even imagine losing a child as collateral damage in situations like this.
     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Jan. 24, 2018 - 12:54 PM ET #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    It's only January 24th & we've already had 11 school shootings across the country. What ever happened to settling a score in the school yard when classes were over? Most of these shootings seem to be "how many people can I kill all at once."What's worse is society seems to be saying oh well. I can't even imagine losing a child as collateral damage in situations like this.

    Everyone NEEDS a GUN ... So they can shoot random people when they're having a bad day ......SIGNED AMERICA 

     

     

     

    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    It's only January 24th & we've already had 11 school shootings across the country. What ever happened to settling a score in the school yard when classes were over? Most of these shootings seem to be "how many people can I kill all at once."What's worse is society seems to be saying oh well. I can't even imagine losing a child as collateral damage in situations like this.

    Everyone NEEDS a GUN ... So they can shoot random people when they're having a bad day ......SIGNED AMERICA 

     

     

     

     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Jan. 24, 2018 - 3:06 PM ET #3

    Everyone should have a Gun so they can shoot  back at Lone Gunners and Nutjobs in the School Cafeteria or the Food Court.

    Those school kids were safer in Kentucky if several people were armed instead of nobody was armed except for the 15-year old.
    Reply
    Everyone should have a Gun so they can shoot  back at Lone Gunners and Nutjobs in the School Cafeteria or the Food Court.

    Those school kids were safer in Kentucky if several people were armed instead of nobody was armed except for the 15-year old.
     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Jan. 24, 2018 - 6:34 PM ET #4

    666isles 

    Everyone shooting = how many more people would die in the croosfire?.
    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    666isles 

    Everyone shooting = how many more people would die in the croosfire?.
     
    Mark_The_Narc
    Mark_The_Narc
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 1987
    Posted: Jan. 25, 2018 - 8:48 AM ET #5

    I may sound like the "kids get of my lawn" guy, but it's the video games I tell ya.
    Reply
    I may sound like the "kids get of my lawn" guy, but it's the video games I tell ya.
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Jan. 25, 2018 - 2:49 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:

    666isles 

    Everyone shooting = how many more people would die in the croosfire?.

    More people dying in the crossfire with 1 person returning fire at LoneGunner or LoneGunner shoots until he runs out of ammo?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:

    666isles 

    Everyone shooting = how many more people would die in the croosfire?.

    More people dying in the crossfire with 1 person returning fire at LoneGunner or LoneGunner shoots until he runs out of ammo?
     
    vetdrm
    vetdrm
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2003
    Posts: 14987
    Posted: Jan. 25, 2018 - 6:44 PM ET #7

    Just as important is whats happening to our kids.
    OCD  PTSD Anxiety/Personality disorders.  And many more.

    This epidemic is at an all time high,and dont kid yourself .
    Many border line schizo's and the like think about doing the dastardly deed more then you might think.

    The only thing stopping them is maybe a loving family and 
    the fading memory of right from wrong.
    Thank the countries health care for not getting many of these young adults the proper care they need.

    You may say screw em. Shoot em all ,the sick f!cks.
    But we both know that wont solve thee epidemic,and far worse if it was your child.
    Reply
    Just as important is whats happening to our kids.
    OCD  PTSD Anxiety/Personality disorders.  And many more.

    This epidemic is at an all time high,and dont kid yourself .
    Many border line schizo's and the like think about doing the dastardly deed more then you might think.

    The only thing stopping them is maybe a loving family and 
    the fading memory of right from wrong.
    Thank the countries health care for not getting many of these young adults the proper care they need.

    You may say screw em. Shoot em all ,the sick f!cks.
    But we both know that wont solve thee epidemic,and far worse if it was your child.
     
    JimmyDrizzl
    JimmyDrizzl
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 651
    Posted: Jan. 25, 2018 - 8:58 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Narc:

    I may sound like the "kids get of my lawn" guy, but it's the video games I tell ya.
    .                                                                                                                       Gotta be something.....Let's include In random order other Societal culprits....Giving kids mind drugs at really young ages(ritalin and the like)....fast food junk eating diet....crappy teachers...badder schools....porn....weird movies out of hollywood....marijuana smoking at too young an age...Way to many single moms in this country.... The easy access to hard core illegal drugs....Too much added salt and sugar to our food....That's just a few culprits...there are more....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Narc:

    I may sound like the "kids get of my lawn" guy, but it's the video games I tell ya.
    .                                                                                                                       Gotta be something.....Let's include In random order other Societal culprits....Giving kids mind drugs at really young ages(ritalin and the like)....fast food junk eating diet....crappy teachers...badder schools....porn....weird movies out of hollywood....marijuana smoking at too young an age...Way to many single moms in this country.... The easy access to hard core illegal drugs....Too much added salt and sugar to our food....That's just a few culprits...there are more....
     
    DHass22
    DHass22
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 580
    Posted: Jan. 25, 2018 - 10:07 PM ET #9

    Spiritual Warfare - Satan's influence on the weak minded.  John 8:44 & Matthew 6:19 for any of you degens that feel compelled to do a daily devotional, once or twice .... a decade.

    Reply

    Spiritual Warfare - Satan's influence on the weak minded.  John 8:44 & Matthew 6:19 for any of you degens that feel compelled to do a daily devotional, once or twice .... a decade.

     
    bettingforfun
    bettingforfun
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 2042
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2018 - 2:21 AM ET #10

    Weak justice system.  


    Reply
    Weak justice system.  


     
    Crazy_Train
    Crazy_Train
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 9970
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2018 - 9:04 AM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by DHass22:

    Spiritual Warfare - Satan's influence on the weak minded.  John 8:44 & Matthew 6:19 for any of you degens that feel compelled to do a daily devotional, once or twice .... a decade.



    Glad I wasted 2 minutes of my day looking that up due to no hockey to cap today. I'm dumber now than I was 2 minutes ago.
    Be the Hammer Not the Nail
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by DHass22:

    Spiritual Warfare - Satan's influence on the weak minded.  John 8:44 & Matthew 6:19 for any of you degens that feel compelled to do a daily devotional, once or twice .... a decade.



    Glad I wasted 2 minutes of my day looking that up due to no hockey to cap today. I'm dumber now than I was 2 minutes ago.
     
    Doja45
    Doja45
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 2304
    Posted: Jan. 27, 2018 - 1:02 AM ET #12

    “Been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding “
    Reply
    “Been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding “
     
    benhogan76
    benhogan76
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 63859
    Posted: Jan. 27, 2018 - 6:48 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:


    More people dying in the crossfire with 1 person returning fire at LoneGunner or LoneGunner shoots until he runs out of ammo?
    If everyone should have guns  why would only 1 return fire?
    We should stop eating bananas.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:


    More people dying in the crossfire with 1 person returning fire at LoneGunner or LoneGunner shoots until he runs out of ammo?
    If everyone should have guns  why would only 1 return fire?
     
    mbialowas
    mbialowas
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 4681
    Posted: Jan. 27, 2018 - 10:26 PM ET #14

    Jimmy.. is that your woman in the picture?
    Reply
    Jimmy.. is that your woman in the picture?
     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Jan. 28, 2018 - 8:46 AM ET #15

    Don't let leftists own guys, since they are mentally ill.


    Reply
    Don't let leftists own guys, since they are mentally ill.


     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Jan. 28, 2018 - 8:50 AM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDrizzl:

    .                                                                                                                       Gotta be something.....Let's include In random order other Societal culprits....Giving kids mind drugs at really young ages(ritalin and the like)....fast food junk eating diet....crappy teachers...badder schools....porn....weird movies out of hollywood....marijuana smoking at too young an age...Way to many single moms in this country.... The easy access to hard core illegal drugs....Too much added salt and sugar to our food....That's just a few culprits...there are more....


    Agree with a Bunch of this ...

    THE PHARM DRUGS are Causing plenty of problems .....I work around a large group of 18-25 yr olds ...Many of who take whatever Pills they can get their hands on ...Their Relationships go sour and they talk of suicide or Hurting people 
    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDrizzl:

    .                                                                                                                       Gotta be something.....Let's include In random order other Societal culprits....Giving kids mind drugs at really young ages(ritalin and the like)....fast food junk eating diet....crappy teachers...badder schools....porn....weird movies out of hollywood....marijuana smoking at too young an age...Way to many single moms in this country.... The easy access to hard core illegal drugs....Too much added salt and sugar to our food....That's just a few culprits...there are more....


    Agree with a Bunch of this ...

    THE PHARM DRUGS are Causing plenty of problems .....I work around a large group of 18-25 yr olds ...Many of who take whatever Pills they can get their hands on ...Their Relationships go sour and they talk of suicide or Hurting people 
     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Jan. 28, 2018 - 10:51 AM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

    Don't let leftists own guys, since they are mentally ill.

     

    Guns, not guys.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

    Don't let leftists own guys, since they are mentally ill.

     

    Guns, not guys.

     
    JimmyDrizzl
    JimmyDrizzl
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 651
    Posted: Jan. 28, 2018 - 2:53 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by mbialowas:

    Jimmy.. is that your woman in the picture?
    .                                                                                            
    HaHa..... That's not possible unless I hit the lottery for big cash...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mbialowas:

    Jimmy.. is that your woman in the picture?
    .                                                                                            
    HaHa..... That's not possible unless I hit the lottery for big cash...
     
    Killer_B
    Killer_B
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 6291
    Posted: Jan. 28, 2018 - 9:00 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:

    666isles 

    Everyone shooting = how many more people would die in the croosfire?.

    30-40 years ago I don't remember any school shootings and there were plenty of guns in the country. Could it be the breakdown of the family and the introduction of psychotropic drugs prescribed to children. I'd like to see a study on how many of these kids are on these medications, that could be revealing because this is a modern day problem not a historical one. I believe all the coddling and everybody gets a trophy has something to do with it as well. Kids aren't allowed to learn any coping skills, so when there's a slight, the solution is to grab someones gun and shoot up the school.

    Personally, I don't believe more guns is the answer, nor do I believe less guns is the answer.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:

    666isles 

    Everyone shooting = how many more people would die in the croosfire?.

    30-40 years ago I don't remember any school shootings and there were plenty of guns in the country. Could it be the breakdown of the family and the introduction of psychotropic drugs prescribed to children. I'd like to see a study on how many of these kids are on these medications, that could be revealing because this is a modern day problem not a historical one. I believe all the coddling and everybody gets a trophy has something to do with it as well. Kids aren't allowed to learn any coping skills, so when there's a slight, the solution is to grab someones gun and shoot up the school.

    Personally, I don't believe more guns is the answer, nor do I believe less guns is the answer.


     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jan. 28, 2018 - 9:29 PM ET #20

    Until I got out of high school my parents pretty much knew where I was & what I was doing . And if they didn't know, our neighbors certainly did.

    My Mom was home when I got out of school & I had to do errands like go to the butchers, bring out the garbage etc & then I could be with my friends.

    Now kids come home to no one & can do pretty much anything they want. Neighbors don't want to get involved for a ton of reasons. Guns weren't a problem but neither were bats, knives or  bottles that we did have access to. We understood our actions had consequences.

    I remember two kids dying in my neighborhood. One OD'd & the other jumped off an apartment building roof. I don't know the answer to the issues kids have today but many causes have been addressed in this thread. I think of the Greatest Generation & how they survived much more difficult obstacles than my generation & now the generation of my kids.

    Wish I had the answers..
    Reply
    Until I got out of high school my parents pretty much knew where I was & what I was doing . And if they didn't know, our neighbors certainly did.

    My Mom was home when I got out of school & I had to do errands like go to the butchers, bring out the garbage etc & then I could be with my friends.

    Now kids come home to no one & can do pretty much anything they want. Neighbors don't want to get involved for a ton of reasons. Guns weren't a problem but neither were bats, knives or  bottles that we did have access to. We understood our actions had consequences.

    I remember two kids dying in my neighborhood. One OD'd & the other jumped off an apartment building roof. I don't know the answer to the issues kids have today but many causes have been addressed in this thread. I think of the Greatest Generation & how they survived much more difficult obstacles than my generation & now the generation of my kids.

    Wish I had the answers..
     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35524
    Posted: Jan. 29, 2018 - 12:00 AM ET #21

    The US government should ban all guns? 

    Have a prohibition on all guns...

    It worked with alcohol ...........



    Reply

    The US government should ban all guns? 

    Have a prohibition on all guns...

    It worked with alcohol ...........



     
    JimmyDrizzl
    JimmyDrizzl
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 651
    Posted: Jan. 29, 2018 - 1:05 AM ET #22

    All we had back then to screw our brains up was booze and cigarettes .....Those two legal 'products' did not make you crazy and kill others....They killed YOU, especially the smokes..
    Reply
    All we had back then to screw our brains up was booze and cigarettes .....Those two legal 'products' did not make you crazy and kill others....They killed YOU, especially the smokes..
     
    Killer_B
    Killer_B
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 6291
    Posted: Jan. 29, 2018 - 1:03 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Until I got out of high school my parents pretty much knew where I was & what I was doing . And if they didn't know, our neighbors certainly did.

    My Mom was home when I got out of school & I had to do errands like go to the butchers, bring out the garbage etc & then I could be with my friends.

    Now kids come home to no one & can do pretty much anything they want. Neighbors don't want to get involved for a ton of reasons. Guns weren't a problem but neither were bats, knives or  bottles that we did have access to. We understood our actions had consequences.

    I remember two kids dying in my neighborhood. One OD'd & the other jumped off an apartment building roof. I don't know the answer to the issues kids have today but many causes have been addressed in this thread. I think of the Greatest Generation & how they survived much more difficult obstacles than my generation & now the generation of my kids.

    Wish I had the answers..

    Very similar upbringings, I'll be your in your 50s. I think I knew 1 dropout in my 12 years of school. Your neighbors were like multiple sets of parents, if you fk'd up your parents are getting the news, that was more than understood.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Until I got out of high school my parents pretty much knew where I was & what I was doing . And if they didn't know, our neighbors certainly did.

    My Mom was home when I got out of school & I had to do errands like go to the butchers, bring out the garbage etc & then I could be with my friends.

    Now kids come home to no one & can do pretty much anything they want. Neighbors don't want to get involved for a ton of reasons. Guns weren't a problem but neither were bats, knives or  bottles that we did have access to. We understood our actions had consequences.

    I remember two kids dying in my neighborhood. One OD'd & the other jumped off an apartment building roof. I don't know the answer to the issues kids have today but many causes have been addressed in this thread. I think of the Greatest Generation & how they survived much more difficult obstacles than my generation & now the generation of my kids.

    Wish I had the answers..

    Very similar upbringings, I'll be your in your 50s. I think I knew 1 dropout in my 12 years of school. Your neighbors were like multiple sets of parents, if you fk'd up your parents are getting the news, that was more than understood.
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Jan. 29, 2018 - 3:22 PM ET #24

    I believe all social behavior is Learned and there are very few Innovators that originate original Behavior. You don't have to Believe that Social Behavior is Learned, just try to cite a Social Behavior that is genetic..humans can speak but we don't speak the same,we all eat,mate,fight,and organize but no way in the same manner.
    I think Columbine(Colorado) was the act of an Innovator of how a Teenager could commit suicide and exact revenge on his tormentors and make a impact on a national stage in doing so in the Age of Social Media. Teenagers being who they are have been willing/eager copycats. I think if Columbine had happened 50 years ago it won't have had as wide an impact and would have been an isolated incident. If a Tree falls in the Forest and only 2 teenagers hears it Fall,how long will Falling Trees be trending on Twitter?
    Reply
    I believe all social behavior is Learned and there are very few Innovators that originate original Behavior. You don't have to Believe that Social Behavior is Learned, just try to cite a Social Behavior that is genetic..humans can speak but we don't speak the same,we all eat,mate,fight,and organize but no way in the same manner.
    I think Columbine(Colorado) was the act of an Innovator of how a Teenager could commit suicide and exact revenge on his tormentors and make a impact on a national stage in doing so in the Age of Social Media. Teenagers being who they are have been willing/eager copycats. I think if Columbine had happened 50 years ago it won't have had as wide an impact and would have been an isolated incident. If a Tree falls in the Forest and only 2 teenagers hears it Fall,how long will Falling Trees be trending on Twitter?
     
     
    TILTOLOGIC
    TILTOLOGIC
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 5527
    Posted: Jan. 29, 2018 - 5:06 PM ET #25

    [Quote: Originally Posted by vetdrm]

    Just as important is whats happening to our kids.OCD  PTSD Anxiety/Personality disorders.  And many more.This epidemic is at an all time high,and dont kid yourself .

     

    100% correct. The real problem is getting rid of the stigma attached to these issues...Its an epidemic with kids, and growing in adults as well.  The causes are manyfold which is what makes it so scary. We don't live lifestyles that match with our genes. We poison our bodies with what we put in them and don't use technology in healthy ways.. and attitudes of society amplify the symptoms. 

    Reply

    [Quote: Originally Posted by vetdrm]

    Just as important is whats happening to our kids.OCD  PTSD Anxiety/Personality disorders.  And many more.This epidemic is at an all time high,and dont kid yourself .

     

    100% correct. The real problem is getting rid of the stigma attached to these issues...Its an epidemic with kids, and growing in adults as well.  The causes are manyfold which is what makes it so scary. We don't live lifestyles that match with our genes. We poison our bodies with what we put in them and don't use technology in healthy ways.. and attitudes of society amplify the symptoms. 

    All Forums | General Discussion
    1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,893
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,610
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 445
    • MLB Playoffs 16,961
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,288
    • PART DEUX 139
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,363
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,267
    • Week 6 Money 5,874
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,149

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.