No, even though some people think we already have one in office. I digress.
A few years ago, the head of the Israeli Defense Forces was on CBS' 60 Minutes. The interview went well, until Lesley Stahl, after a barrage of questions, accused Israeli Airport Security of "profiling." Minister Moshe Ya'alon did not deny it and said "We know the enemy. Do you?"
Israel's Ben Gurion Airport is considered the safest in the world thanks to their security measures and their unwillingness to accept everyone as equal threats.
The biggest thing that bothers me about Islamic terror is the silence of the Muslims here and abroad. You simply don't hear much about peaceful Muslims condemning the radical side. They're either too afraid, or secretly on their side. I'm guessing too afraid to speak up. If all the people who just left Syria would have stayed and fought for their freedom, they could have wiped ISIS out in less than a week.
No, even though some people think we already have one in office. I digress.
A few years ago, the head of the Israeli Defense Forces was on CBS' 60 Minutes. The interview went well, until Lesley Stahl, after a barrage of questions, accused Israeli Airport Security of "profiling." Minister Moshe Ya'alon did not deny it and said "We know the enemy. Do you?"
Israel's Ben Gurion Airport is considered the safest in the world thanks to their security measures and their unwillingness to accept everyone as equal threats.
The biggest thing that bothers me about Islamic terror is the silence of the Muslims here and abroad. You simply don't hear much about peaceful Muslims condemning the radical side. They're either too afraid, or secretly on their side. I'm guessing too afraid to speak up. If all the people who just left Syria would have stayed and fought for their freedom, they could have wiped ISIS out in less than a week.
The self-proclaimed Islamic State’s efforts to radicalize American Muslims, which began just after the survey ended, may have increased threat perceptions somewhat, but not by much, as we found in follow-up interviews over the past year with counterterrorism specialists at 19 law enforcement agencies. These officers, selected from urban and rural areas around the country, said that radicalization from the Middle East was a concern, but not as dangerous as radicalization among right-wing extremists.
The self-proclaimed Islamic State’s efforts to radicalize American Muslims, which began just after the survey ended, may have increased threat perceptions somewhat, but not by much, as we found in follow-up interviews over the past year with counterterrorism specialists at 19 law enforcement agencies. These officers, selected from urban and rural areas around the country, said that radicalization from the Middle East was a concern, but not as dangerous as radicalization among right-wing extremists.
The self-proclaimed Islamic State’s efforts to radicalize American Muslims, which began just after the survey ended, may have increased threat perceptions somewhat, but not by much, as we found in follow-up interviews over the past year with counterterrorism specialists at 19 law enforcement agencies. These officers, selected from urban and rural areas around the country, said that radicalization from the Middle East was a concern, but not as dangerous as radicalization among right-wing extremists.
The self-proclaimed Islamic State’s efforts to radicalize American Muslims, which began just after the survey ended, may have increased threat perceptions somewhat, but not by much, as we found in follow-up interviews over the past year with counterterrorism specialists at 19 law enforcement agencies. These officers, selected from urban and rural areas around the country, said that radicalization from the Middle East was a concern, but not as dangerous as radicalization among right-wing extremists.
You don't hear many Christians condemning their radical side either. Why is that? Of course if they're asked, they'll say "oh, I don't agree with that"
What exactly are you calling radical? And I'm pretty sure any Christian group blowing up a building will get condemned by every Christian I know. Then again I can't think of the last time a head was cut off or a bomb went off in the name of Jesus.
Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:
You don't hear many Christians condemning their radical side either. Why is that? Of course if they're asked, they'll say "oh, I don't agree with that"
What exactly are you calling radical? And I'm pretty sure any Christian group blowing up a building will get condemned by every Christian I know. Then again I can't think of the last time a head was cut off or a bomb went off in the name of Jesus.
It's probably a moot point anyway, as Muslims comprise such a small percentage of the US population, I doubt we will see it in our lifetime (better chance of a Chinese-American Pres, if you ask me-and he could possibly be Buddhist, which is also allowed under Article 6).
It's probably a moot point anyway, as Muslims comprise such a small percentage of the US population, I doubt we will see it in our lifetime (better chance of a Chinese-American Pres, if you ask me-and he could possibly be Buddhist, which is also allowed under Article 6).
Ever been, or heard about Dearborn MI? W.Warren ave? a breeding ground for Muslim politics in America......65,000 strong, and not an infidel in sight
I've heard of it, been there, had friends who live(d) there, had friends who were employed by Muslim people who live. It's not nearly the terrorist training ground you're making it out to be.
Yes there are stores with Arabic words over the English words...in the same fashion you would find Chinese/Korean/Spanish/Thai/whatever ethnicity stores in their respective areas in major cities.
If by infidels you mean non-Muslims then you are really off track. If you drive roughly five minutes in any direction you won't be around anything that resembles "a breeding ground for Muslim politics". In fact, if you head a little north or east, you might just wish you were back in Dearborn.
I'm kind of curious to know where you got that 65,000 number from as well? I'm reading there are about 40,000 which is slightly less than half the city's population. It isn't the ISIS-like city you make it out to be.
Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:
Ever been, or heard about Dearborn MI? W.Warren ave? a breeding ground for Muslim politics in America......65,000 strong, and not an infidel in sight
I've heard of it, been there, had friends who live(d) there, had friends who were employed by Muslim people who live. It's not nearly the terrorist training ground you're making it out to be.
Yes there are stores with Arabic words over the English words...in the same fashion you would find Chinese/Korean/Spanish/Thai/whatever ethnicity stores in their respective areas in major cities.
If by infidels you mean non-Muslims then you are really off track. If you drive roughly five minutes in any direction you won't be around anything that resembles "a breeding ground for Muslim politics". In fact, if you head a little north or east, you might just wish you were back in Dearborn.
I'm kind of curious to know where you got that 65,000 number from as well? I'm reading there are about 40,000 which is slightly less than half the city's population. It isn't the ISIS-like city you make it out to be.
Yes there are stores with Arabic words over the English words...in the same fashion you would find Chinese/Korean/Spanish/Thai/whatever ethnicity stores in their respective areas in major cities.
if you get word that they are using arabic numerals in this heathen hellscape, i say we nuke the whole place.
Quote Originally Posted by Ktrain:
Yes there are stores with Arabic words over the English words...in the same fashion you would find Chinese/Korean/Spanish/Thai/whatever ethnicity stores in their respective areas in major cities.
if you get word that they are using arabic numerals in this heathen hellscape, i say we nuke the whole place.
I've heard of it, been there, had friends who live(d) there, had friends who were employed by Muslim people who live. It's not nearly the terrorist training ground you're making it out to be.
Yes there are stores with Arabic words over the English words...in the same fashion you would find Chinese/Korean/Spanish/Thai/whatever ethnicity stores in their respective areas in major cities.
If by infidels you mean non-Muslims then you are really off track. If you drive roughly five minutes in any direction you won't be around anything that resembles "a breeding ground for Muslim politics". In fact, if you head a little north or east, you might just wish you were back in Dearborn.
I'm kind of curious to know where you got that 65,000 number from as well? I'm reading there are about 40,000 which is slightly less than half the city's population. It isn't the ISIS-like city you make it out to be.
I read the Detroit News, and don't participate in Covers forums using whims as a commentary format. Yours is strictly 'opinionated' by which I respect, however, your commentary is mis-leading to say the least, being their is one thing...participating is another, are you by chance Muslim?
Quote Originally Posted by Ktrain:
I've heard of it, been there, had friends who live(d) there, had friends who were employed by Muslim people who live. It's not nearly the terrorist training ground you're making it out to be.
Yes there are stores with Arabic words over the English words...in the same fashion you would find Chinese/Korean/Spanish/Thai/whatever ethnicity stores in their respective areas in major cities.
If by infidels you mean non-Muslims then you are really off track. If you drive roughly five minutes in any direction you won't be around anything that resembles "a breeding ground for Muslim politics". In fact, if you head a little north or east, you might just wish you were back in Dearborn.
I'm kind of curious to know where you got that 65,000 number from as well? I'm reading there are about 40,000 which is slightly less than half the city's population. It isn't the ISIS-like city you make it out to be.
I read the Detroit News, and don't participate in Covers forums using whims as a commentary format. Yours is strictly 'opinionated' by which I respect, however, your commentary is mis-leading to say the least, being their is one thing...participating is another, are you by chance Muslim?
What exactly are you calling radical? And I'm pretty sure any Christian group blowing up a building will get condemned by every Christian I know. Then again I can't think of the last time a head was cut off or a bomb went off in the name of Jesus.
The murder of Dr George Tiller.
Was it condemned by every Christian you know?
Quote Originally Posted by potter36:
What exactly are you calling radical? And I'm pretty sure any Christian group blowing up a building will get condemned by every Christian I know. Then again I can't think of the last time a head was cut off or a bomb went off in the name of Jesus.