• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    World class trouble.

    «First Previous 12
    mafioso
    Jose_Reyes
    searchwarrant
    SteelBucFan
    DogbiteWilliams
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2445
    Posts: 42
    «First Previous 12
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2016 - 1:37 AM ET #26

    Your work experience is a far cry from what I can offer.
    But if you have cooking experience
    I can fit you in.
    It won't be much
    But it will be something
    I'm in moreno valley ca
    Don't know how far that is from where you live.
    Reply
    Your work experience is a far cry from what I can offer.
    But if you have cooking experience
    I can fit you in.
    It won't be much
    But it will be something
    I'm in moreno valley ca
    Don't know how far that is from where you live.
     
    Jose_Reyes
    Jose_Reyes
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 20468
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2016 - 8:14 PM ET #27

    Sorry to hear the rough news, search. Stay positive and keep a great attitude. If you believe, it will happen. Only good vibes create more good vibes. Best of luck.
    Reply
    Sorry to hear the rough news, search. Stay positive and keep a great attitude. If you believe, it will happen. Only good vibes create more good vibes. Best of luck.
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2016 - 11:07 PM ET #28

    Quote Originally Posted by mafioso:

    Your work experience is a far cry from what I can offer.
    But if you have cooking experience
    I can fit you in.
    It won't be much
    But it will be something
    I'm in moreno valley ca
    Don't know how far that is from where you live.

    That's a thoughtful gesture MA - thank you.. Actually have been cooking most of my life for myself and upon public demand. I'm 2.5 3 hours away from your place but ya never know, could work. I certainly do appreciate the offer. Definitely something I could handle if things go as expected in 2 weeks. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mafioso:

    Your work experience is a far cry from what I can offer.
    But if you have cooking experience
    I can fit you in.
    It won't be much
    But it will be something
    I'm in moreno valley ca
    Don't know how far that is from where you live.

    That's a thoughtful gesture MA - thank you.. Actually have been cooking most of my life for myself and upon public demand. I'm 2.5 3 hours away from your place but ya never know, could work. I certainly do appreciate the offer. Definitely something I could handle if things go as expected in 2 weeks. 
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2016 - 11:34 PM ET #29

    Let me know
    Reply
    Let me know
     
    SteelBucFan
    SteelBucFan
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 491
    Posted: Jul. 30, 2016 - 7:25 AM ET #30

    Buy a Hot Dog Cart and start slinging some dogs..
    Reply
    Buy a Hot Dog Cart and start slinging some dogs..
     
    DogbiteWilliams
    DogbiteWilliams
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 6484
    Posted: Jul. 30, 2016 - 2:30 PM ET #31

    I got laid off when my company was no longer supported by the big private owner who was more interested in his TV stations than his little printing operation.

    At that point I had little savings and had to apply for food stamps.  When people standing in line at the grocers saw me using them, they didn't bother to hide their disapproving scowls.  Too many people lack empathy.

    I had simple marketable accounting clerk skills, so I applied at several temporary agencies such as Accountants Overload.  During one assignment, I was well-liked enough to be offered a permanent position.  17 years later I am still working there one day a week to supplement my Social Security.

    Good luck OP.  We are all pulling for you.
    Reply
    I got laid off when my company was no longer supported by the big private owner who was more interested in his TV stations than his little printing operation.

    At that point I had little savings and had to apply for food stamps.  When people standing in line at the grocers saw me using them, they didn't bother to hide their disapproving scowls.  Too many people lack empathy.

    I had simple marketable accounting clerk skills, so I applied at several temporary agencies such as Accountants Overload.  During one assignment, I was well-liked enough to be offered a permanent position.  17 years later I am still working there one day a week to supplement my Social Security.

    Good luck OP.  We are all pulling for you.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 30, 2016 - 2:46 PM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:


    That's a thoughtful gesture MA - thank you.. Actually have been cooking most of my life for myself and upon public demand. I'm 2.5 3 hours away from your place but ya never know, could work. I certainly do appreciate the offer. Definitely something I could handle if things go as expected in 2 weeks. 

     

    Anything over a 2 hour commute everyday is DEATH. You'd have to relocate.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:


    That's a thoughtful gesture MA - thank you.. Actually have been cooking most of my life for myself and upon public demand. I'm 2.5 3 hours away from your place but ya never know, could work. I certainly do appreciate the offer. Definitely something I could handle if things go as expected in 2 weeks. 

     

    Anything over a 2 hour commute everyday is DEATH. You'd have to relocate.

     
    EuroPro
    EuroPro
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2014
    Posts: 5110
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2016 - 7:35 PM ET #33

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    Max bet the following:

    Hillary for Prez at -245 on 5Dimes right now 

    Bills over 8 wins

    Bills over Jets +2.5 in Week 2 (line is already out)

    You'll have checks waiting for you in September, November and January. Sizable ones depending on how much you can get down.

    LOL
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    Max bet the following:

    Hillary for Prez at -245 on 5Dimes right now 

    Bills over 8 wins

    Bills over Jets +2.5 in Week 2 (line is already out)

    You'll have checks waiting for you in September, November and January. Sizable ones depending on how much you can get down.

    LOL
     
    CincyWillie
    CincyWillie
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2005
    Posts: 12670
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2016 - 4:43 PM ET #34

    Reply
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Aug. 3, 2016 - 11:32 AM ET #35

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    I got laid off when my company was no longer supported by the big private owner who was more interested in his TV stations than his little printing operation.

    At that point I had little savings and had to apply for food stamps.  When people standing in line at the grocers saw me using them, they didn't bother to hide their disapproving scowls.  Too many people lack empathy.

    I had simple marketable accounting clerk skills, so I applied at several temporary agencies such as Accountants Overload.  During one assignment, I was well-liked enough to be offered a permanent position.  17 years later I am still working there one day a week to supplement my Social Security.

    Good luck OP.  We are all pulling for you.
     good story.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    I got laid off when my company was no longer supported by the big private owner who was more interested in his TV stations than his little printing operation.

    At that point I had little savings and had to apply for food stamps.  When people standing in line at the grocers saw me using them, they didn't bother to hide their disapproving scowls.  Too many people lack empathy.

    I had simple marketable accounting clerk skills, so I applied at several temporary agencies such as Accountants Overload.  During one assignment, I was well-liked enough to be offered a permanent position.  17 years later I am still working there one day a week to supplement my Social Security.

    Good luck OP.  We are all pulling for you.
     good story.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Aug. 3, 2016 - 11:34 AM ET #36

    Quote Originally Posted by EuroPro:


    LOL

    Laugh now. Sit on the sidelines later after all three hit and you don't even remember you LOLed the picks.

    Guys like you come and go every day like pixie dust blown away in my hand. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroPro:


    LOL

    Laugh now. Sit on the sidelines later after all three hit and you don't even remember you LOLed the picks.

    Guys like you come and go every day like pixie dust blown away in my hand. 
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Aug. 3, 2016 - 11:44 AM ET #37

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:


    Guys like you come and go every day like pixie dust blown away in my hand. 

    TINKERSCAL!!!!!


    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T3tqYQXUZYs

    We always assumed you were a "faerie", thanks for confirming it!


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:


    Guys like you come and go every day like pixie dust blown away in my hand. 

    TINKERSCAL!!!!!


    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T3tqYQXUZYs

    We always assumed you were a "faerie", thanks for confirming it!


     
    kodiak
    kodiak
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 2648
    Posted: Aug. 5, 2016 - 6:35 AM ET #38

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    TINKERSCAL!!!!!


    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T3tqYQXUZYs

    We always assumed you were a "faerie", thanks for confirming it!


       
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    TINKERSCAL!!!!!


    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T3tqYQXUZYs

    We always assumed you were a "faerie", thanks for confirming it!


       
     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Aug. 5, 2016 - 2:43 PM ET #39

    sorry for your troubles bro

    Your one of the good guys on this site and I hope things get better for you

    Reply

    sorry for your troubles bro

    Your one of the good guys on this site and I hope things get better for you

     
    FrozenTundra
    FrozenTundra
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 8001
    Posted: Aug. 11, 2016 - 8:48 AM ET #40

    What's the latest?

    I have good contacts in Cali if you have skills in the digital space. 

    like others have shared. I was in your spot in 2008. Fight the anxiety and depression. Remember, if you do something constructive everyday it will get better and quickly. If you let your stress take you over, nothing will improve.

    PM if needed. 
    Reply
    What's the latest?

    I have good contacts in Cali if you have skills in the digital space. 

    like others have shared. I was in your spot in 2008. Fight the anxiety and depression. Remember, if you do something constructive everyday it will get better and quickly. If you let your stress take you over, nothing will improve.

    PM if needed. 
     
    buitrondana155
    buitrondana155
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2016
    Posts: 68
    Posted: Aug. 11, 2016 - 9:25 AM ET #41

    Good things come to those who wait.. just be patient! Goodluck. 
    Reply
    Good things come to those who wait.. just be patient! Goodluck. 
     
     
    MaineRoad
    MaineRoad
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 12254
    Posted: Aug. 11, 2016 - 11:41 AM ET #42

    Could you not file a wage claim?  I'm not a big fan of suing people, but wage claims are among the easiest to bring and win, assuming you actually got stiffed. 
    Reply
    Could you not file a wage claim?  I'm not a big fan of suing people, but wage claims are among the easiest to bring and win, assuming you actually got stiffed. 
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,352
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 433
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,875
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 835
    • PART DEUX 145
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,853
    • Week 6 Money 8,231
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,205
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,218

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.