• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    World class trouble.

    12 Next Last»
    searchwarrant
    BWS77
    SwishSwish1234
    Slobbasaurus
    bigvern1013
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2445
    Posts: 42
    12 Next Last»
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jul. 21, 2016 - 12:57 PM ET #1

    Boy oh boy am in it. Big time.
    Suppose when your job is lost it can happen to anybody. 
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Boy oh boy am in it. Big time.
    Suppose when your job is lost it can happen to anybody. 
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Jul. 21, 2016 - 1:08 PM ET #2

    Reply
     
    SwishSwish1234
    SwishSwish1234
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 3173
    Posted: Jul. 21, 2016 - 1:11 PM ET #3

    What's happened mate? We're all ears for you. 
    Reply
    What's happened mate? We're all ears for you. 
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 21, 2016 - 1:25 PM ET #4

    Worst thing in the world.  

    The job hunt is a nightmare.  When I collected unemployment, I was only collecting $600 a week.

    Keep your head up Search and try to stay positive.  
    Reply
    Worst thing in the world.  

    The job hunt is a nightmare.  When I collected unemployment, I was only collecting $600 a week.

    Keep your head up Search and try to stay positive.  
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jul. 21, 2016 - 1:38 PM ET #5

    My employer abruptly retired. Claims that one of our clients did not pay a due balance so my portion of the salary is not available, a lie). He offered to pay me a certain amount up until a certain point but I ended up not biting the hand that feeds me, rather breaking the entire arm. 

    I decided to attack baseball until I could secure another job in some other area. Neither has gone as planned.
    30 days from now I will be walking out of my place with nothing. only what fits in my car. 
    Never in my life did I expect this could happen to me, but it did and it will. 
    I suppose the death in the family had a profound impact on my decision making and temperament.. Just expected a friend and employer of 24 years would recognize that I was pretty vulnerable and not pull that maneuver. 
    Pretty scary stuff. Hope it never happens to any of you.  


    Reply
    My employer abruptly retired. Claims that one of our clients did not pay a due balance so my portion of the salary is not available, a lie). He offered to pay me a certain amount up until a certain point but I ended up not biting the hand that feeds me, rather breaking the entire arm. 

    I decided to attack baseball until I could secure another job in some other area. Neither has gone as planned.
    30 days from now I will be walking out of my place with nothing. only what fits in my car. 
    Never in my life did I expect this could happen to me, but it did and it will. 
    I suppose the death in the family had a profound impact on my decision making and temperament.. Just expected a friend and employer of 24 years would recognize that I was pretty vulnerable and not pull that maneuver. 
    Pretty scary stuff. Hope it never happens to any of you.  


     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jul. 21, 2016 - 1:45 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Worst thing in the world.  

    The job hunt is a nightmare.  When I collected unemployment, I was only collecting $600 a week.

    Keep your head up Search and try to stay positive.  

     I'm trying to stay positive. Thanks. Having a family is an important part of surviving brutal times in this world, unfortunately mine is dead. 
    Nobody knows what's going with me except for one or two friends. Everybody thinks that that there's no way anything like this could happen to THAT guy. He's perfect. 
    What a bunch of BS. Total financial implosion can happen to anybody and I'm no different than anybody else. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Worst thing in the world.  

    The job hunt is a nightmare.  When I collected unemployment, I was only collecting $600 a week.

    Keep your head up Search and try to stay positive.  

     I'm trying to stay positive. Thanks. Having a family is an important part of surviving brutal times in this world, unfortunately mine is dead. 
    Nobody knows what's going with me except for one or two friends. Everybody thinks that that there's no way anything like this could happen to THAT guy. He's perfect. 
    What a bunch of BS. Total financial implosion can happen to anybody and I'm no different than anybody else. 
     
    bigvern1013
    bigvern1013
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 3051
    Posted: Jul. 21, 2016 - 2:38 PM ET #7

    Hang tough for a bit. Things will turn.

    FWIW, I went through financial catastrophe in 2008.....was a developer.....over extended, and bang. Lost everything. 

    Took a long time to come back, and still not all the way there.

    During the shittt, it was tough to not be angry every day....anxiety, depression...it was brutal. I can testify that when the blood starts flowing financially, everyone goes into attack mode. That was the toughest part.....keeping piece of mind when everyone wanted a piece of my asss.

    But, it will pass. But, it did suck worse than anything that I have ever gone through. Best wishes moving forward. 

    Never Make A Winner A Loser. Never.
    Reply

    Hang tough for a bit. Things will turn.

    FWIW, I went through financial catastrophe in 2008.....was a developer.....over extended, and bang. Lost everything. 

    Took a long time to come back, and still not all the way there.

    During the shittt, it was tough to not be angry every day....anxiety, depression...it was brutal. I can testify that when the blood starts flowing financially, everyone goes into attack mode. That was the toughest part.....keeping piece of mind when everyone wanted a piece of my asss.

    But, it will pass. But, it did suck worse than anything that I have ever gone through. Best wishes moving forward. 

     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jul. 21, 2016 - 3:29 PM ET #8

    Thanks Vern, that's really helpful.
    We've been down very similar paths. You really do get it.
    Reply
    Thanks Vern, that's really helpful.
    We've been down very similar paths. You really do get it.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2016 - 9:44 AM ET #9


    Don't count TheGoldenGoose out. 

    Got a few Aces up my sleeve partner.


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Don't count TheGoldenGoose out. 

    Got a few Aces up my sleeve partner.


     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2016 - 9:56 AM ET #10

    Since you have no family or ties here, have you thought of moving out of Cali? I know if I ever get terminated, first thing I'd do is sell my house and move somewhere less expensive, polluted and crowded. Might be time for a fresh start somewhere new. Keep us posted.....

    Reply
    Since you have no family or ties here, have you thought of moving out of Cali? I know if I ever get terminated, first thing I'd do is sell my house and move somewhere less expensive, polluted and crowded. Might be time for a fresh start somewhere new. Keep us posted.....

     
    Nut_Flopper
    Nut_Flopper
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 2413
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2016 - 11:42 AM ET #11

    Hang in there Search, I went through it as well but was a slow bleed. Starting in 2010 and finally imploded in 2013. Still have not recovered just on a wild roller coaster ride of ups and downs since then.





    Reply
    Hang in there Search, I went through it as well but was a slow bleed. Starting in 2010 and finally imploded in 2013. Still have not recovered just on a wild roller coaster ride of ups and downs since then.





     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35524
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2016 - 1:26 PM ET #12

    Searchwarrant, went through a like situation years ago ..and I was helped by my beloved grandmothers words to at the time .

    She told me to "cheer up thing could get worse"...she was right ..I cheered up and things got worse..

    Reply
    Searchwarrant, went through a like situation years ago ..and I was helped by my beloved grandmothers words to at the time .

    She told me to "cheer up thing could get worse"...she was right ..I cheered up and things got worse..

     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2016 - 10:11 PM ET #13

    Max bet the following:

    Hillary for Prez at -245 on 5Dimes right now 

    Bills over 8 wins

    Bills over Jets +2.5 in Week 2 (line is already out)

    You'll have checks waiting for you in September, November and January. Sizable ones depending on how much you can get down.
    Reply
    Max bet the following:

    Hillary for Prez at -245 on 5Dimes right now 

    Bills over 8 wins

    Bills over Jets +2.5 in Week 2 (line is already out)

    You'll have checks waiting for you in September, November and January. Sizable ones depending on how much you can get down.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2016 - 10:13 PM ET #14

    Why are you messing with baseball with the last of your roll!?!? One of the hardest sports to make a decent profit off of! I quit baseball many moons ago and never looked back!
    Reply
    Why are you messing with baseball with the last of your roll!?!? One of the hardest sports to make a decent profit off of! I quit baseball many moons ago and never looked back!
     
    ilsp2003
    ilsp2003
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2004
    Posts: 4590
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2016 - 2:11 AM ET #15

    relocating may be a good idea
    somewhere less expensive than California, with better jobs ..etc


    Reply
    relocating may be a good idea
    somewhere less expensive than California, with better jobs ..etc


     
    MullerRose
    MullerRose
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2016
    Posts: 192
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2016 - 8:35 AM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    My employer abruptly retired. Claims that one of our clients did not pay a due balance so my portion of the salary is not available, a lie). He offered to pay me a certain amount up until a certain point but I ended up not biting the hand that feeds me, rather breaking the entire arm. 

    I decided to attack baseball until I could secure another job in some other area. Neither has gone as planned.
    30 days from now I will be walking out of my place with nothing. only what fits in my car. 
    Never in my life did I expect this could happen to me, but it did and it will. 
    I suppose the death in the family had a profound impact on my decision making and temperament.. Just expected a friend and employer of 24 years would recognize that I was pretty vulnerable and not pull that maneuver. 
    Pretty scary stuff. Hope it never happens to any of you.  



    Hang in there pal. Everything's going to be all right. It's not gonna rain forever! 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    My employer abruptly retired. Claims that one of our clients did not pay a due balance so my portion of the salary is not available, a lie). He offered to pay me a certain amount up until a certain point but I ended up not biting the hand that feeds me, rather breaking the entire arm. 

    I decided to attack baseball until I could secure another job in some other area. Neither has gone as planned.
    30 days from now I will be walking out of my place with nothing. only what fits in my car. 
    Never in my life did I expect this could happen to me, but it did and it will. 
    I suppose the death in the family had a profound impact on my decision making and temperament.. Just expected a friend and employer of 24 years would recognize that I was pretty vulnerable and not pull that maneuver. 
    Pretty scary stuff. Hope it never happens to any of you.  



    Hang in there pal. Everything's going to be all right. It's not gonna rain forever! 
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2016 - 12:25 PM ET #17

    Search, you're a grown man and you're going to do what you want to do, but just looking out, you really shouldn't be gambling.  It's a rookie mistake.  Last thing you need is another set back.  

    I would update my resume and go on indeed.com looking for a new job.  

    I landed every position in my accounting career with this site.  Also, LinkedIn is a very valuable networking tool.  You'll be surprised how many people would be willing to help you out.  

    Reply
    Search, you're a grown man and you're going to do what you want to do, but just looking out, you really shouldn't be gambling.  It's a rookie mistake.  Last thing you need is another set back.  

    I would update my resume and go on indeed.com looking for a new job.  

    I landed every position in my accounting career with this site.  Also, LinkedIn is a very valuable networking tool.  You'll be surprised how many people would be willing to help you out.  

     
    rainmaker1855
    rainmaker1855
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2016
    Posts: 738
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2016 - 1:37 PM ET #18

    sorry for the recent events OP, but to confirm Slobb's post, I would lay off the gambling for a bit (even if you are financially setup already.)  Keep your focus on your biggest earning initiative: employment.  then once you lock something down try to go out and find a way to celebrate with maybe a few picks.  you're a grown person, so not gonna preach, just seen others in similar situations and throwing a yellow flag out there for ya.

    GL, let us know how it goes for you out there.
    Reply
    sorry for the recent events OP, but to confirm Slobb's post, I would lay off the gambling for a bit (even if you are financially setup already.)  Keep your focus on your biggest earning initiative: employment.  then once you lock something down try to go out and find a way to celebrate with maybe a few picks.  you're a grown person, so not gonna preach, just seen others in similar situations and throwing a yellow flag out there for ya.

    GL, let us know how it goes for you out there.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2016 - 4:56 PM ET #19


    It's just a shot away

    Oh, a storm is threatening
    My very life today
    If I don't get some shelter
    Oh yeah, I'm gonna fade away

    It's just a shot away, shot away, shot away.


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    It's just a shot away

    Oh, a storm is threatening
    My very life today
    If I don't get some shelter
    Oh yeah, I'm gonna fade away

    It's just a shot away, shot away, shot away.


     
    docterd597
    docterd597
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 16760
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2016 - 5:07 PM ET #20

    Hey bud ... This might not be what you want to hear but ....When the going gets tough   .....the tough get  going..  Your a good guy and I know things will work out for you. ..
    Reply
    Hey bud ... This might not be what you want to hear but ....When the going gets tough   .....the tough get  going..  Your a good guy and I know things will work out for you. ..
     
    Kurshka
    Kurshka
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 19156
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2016 - 6:58 PM ET #21

    Definitely get your account set up at Linked in. Lots of job headhunters and connect with people in your line of work. Don't be afraid to ask anyone if they are hiring. Glassdoor is another very good site. You can look at reviews of any company and how people feel about working their. Get on their e-mailing list and they will send you who's hiring once a week. Also set up an account for State jobs. My wife got on with them nine months ago in Sacramento. Her first job ever in the United States. If you live anywhere near Sacramento send me an IM.

    GL Cat, something will come up.  
    Reply
    Definitely get your account set up at Linked in. Lots of job headhunters and connect with people in your line of work. Don't be afraid to ask anyone if they are hiring. Glassdoor is another very good site. You can look at reviews of any company and how people feel about working their. Get on their e-mailing list and they will send you who's hiring once a week. Also set up an account for State jobs. My wife got on with them nine months ago in Sacramento. Her first job ever in the United States. If you live anywhere near Sacramento send me an IM.

    GL Cat, something will come up.  
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2016 - 7:49 PM ET #22

    Search, what do you do for a living? 
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    Search, what do you do for a living? 
     
    goffbeach
    goffbeach
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2016
    Posts: 1
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2016 - 10:05 PM ET #23

    Just be positive searchwarrant every day is like a  blank sheet of paper, do your best in every sheet surely, something good will happen. 
    Reply
    Just be positive searchwarrant every day is like a  blank sheet of paper, do your best in every sheet surely, something good will happen. 
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2016 - 10:15 PM ET #24

    If he fills out his proverbial sheets with the picks above, something good will definitely happen alright.

    Not sure why some here say get away from gambling in this situation. He can excel at it more than ever if done properly and in a disciplined manner.
    Reply
    If he fills out his proverbial sheets with the picks above, something good will definitely happen alright.

    Not sure why some here say get away from gambling in this situation. He can excel at it more than ever if done properly and in a disciplined manner.
     
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2016 - 11:56 PM ET #25


    Good people in here from top to bottom. Thank you. 
    Received a call from a poster I've known for quite awhile. Meant a lot. 
    I was a research analyst for a political adviser in central and south America for about 20 years HO. The job took me in many different directions. 
    Reply

    Good people in here from top to bottom. Thank you. 
    Received a call from a poster I've known for quite awhile. Meant a lot. 
    I was a research analyst for a political adviser in central and south America for about 20 years HO. The job took me in many different directions. 
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,352
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 433
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,875
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 834
    • PART DEUX 145
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,853
    • Week 6 Money 8,213
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,199
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,216

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.