• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Turing 39 year old at end of month

    12 Next Last»
    GOODCHOICEMAN
    TheLorenaKid
    newmarket
    justliketoplay
    ______P______
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1580
    Posts: 31
    12 Next Last»
     
    GOODCHOICEMAN
    GOODCHOICEMAN
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 2081
    Posted: Mar. 22, 2025 - 11:22 PM ET #1

    Started gambling since I was 18 years old 

    and this is the end 21 years of ups and downs 

    Addiction is real , ruins lives, days, months , and years of your life 

    Pray that thing will get better and good luck on future endeavors covers brother , God Bless 

     

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Started gambling since I was 18 years old 

    and this is the end 21 years of ups and downs 

    Addiction is real , ruins lives, days, months , and years of your life 

    Pray that thing will get better and good luck on future endeavors covers brother , God Bless 

     

     
    TheLorenaKid
    TheLorenaKid
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2023
    Posts: 2147
    Posted: Mar. 22, 2025 - 11:30 PM ET #2

    Good for you…wish you the best!

    peace_5

    Reply

    Good for you…wish you the best!

    peace_5

     
    newmarket
    newmarket
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2013
    Posts: 8734
    Posted: Mar. 22, 2025 - 11:32 PM ET #3

    Money management. Never go all in

    Reply

    Money management. Never go all in

     
    justliketoplay
    justliketoplay
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 5812
    Posted: Mar. 22, 2025 - 11:33 PM ET #4

    @GOODCHOICEMAN

     Thanks for coming out man take it from a veteran ....your family is number one and gambling is very south of that 

    Stay young stay disciplined and if you do decide to gamble never ever bet more than you can afford to lose.peace

    When I win Money it's my money and NOT house money
    Reply

    @GOODCHOICEMAN

     Thanks for coming out man take it from a veteran ....your family is number one and gambling is very south of that 

    Stay young stay disciplined and if you do decide to gamble never ever bet more than you can afford to lose.peace

     
    GOODCHOICEMAN
    GOODCHOICEMAN
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 2081
    Posted: Mar. 22, 2025 - 11:42 PM ET #5

    @justliketoplay

     Learned the hard way… now I’m trying to get out of this mess I cause myself and my loved ones 

    Reply

    @justliketoplay

     Learned the hard way… now I’m trying to get out of this mess I cause myself and my loved ones 

     
    ______P______
    ______P______
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2012
    Posts: 2286
    Posted: Mar. 22, 2025 - 11:51 PM ET #6

    It's tough bud.  Surround yourself with people that believe in you. Get outside. Hell, start playing pickleball. Shit is competitive as hell.  You can do it man.  As a sports fan, it'll be tough sledding tho.

    Reply

    It's tough bud.  Surround yourself with people that believe in you. Get outside. Hell, start playing pickleball. Shit is competitive as hell.  You can do it man.  As a sports fan, it'll be tough sledding tho.

     
    justliketoplay
    justliketoplay
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 5812
    Posted: Mar. 22, 2025 - 11:51 PM ET #7

    @GOODCHOICEMAN

     Been there done that and now I will tell you how...you work right?

    Because money from your losses you can always make up.

    Now it's your family that you need to make up with so you promise them this.

    I'm done and you mean more to me than gambling EVER will and you full fill your promise to quit.

    Though it will be hard like a chain smoker who wants to quit but trust and believe me....not only will you be proud of your accomplishments, your family will be as well.

    Just stop bro please as much as it is hard to do so the rewards  when all is said and DONE are and will be to you and your loved ones...... priceless!!!

    I have faith in you in making the good choice man peace_5

    When I win Money it's my money and NOT house money
    Reply

    @GOODCHOICEMAN

     Been there done that and now I will tell you how...you work right?

    Because money from your losses you can always make up.

    Now it's your family that you need to make up with so you promise them this.

    I'm done and you mean more to me than gambling EVER will and you full fill your promise to quit.

    Though it will be hard like a chain smoker who wants to quit but trust and believe me....not only will you be proud of your accomplishments, your family will be as well.

    Just stop bro please as much as it is hard to do so the rewards  when all is said and DONE are and will be to you and your loved ones...... priceless!!!

    I have faith in you in making the good choice man peace_5

     
    friendofBW
    friendofBW
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 225
    Posted: Mar. 22, 2025 - 11:59 PM ET #8

    GA works.  Did for me for a couple years stopped gouing and just lost.a vacation on games I didn't even watch.

    Reply

    GA works.  Did for me for a couple years stopped gouing and just lost.a vacation on games I didn't even watch.

     
    UglyKidJoe
    UglyKidJoe
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 22110
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2025 - 12:03 AM ET #9

    clover

    Reply

    clover

     
    Kellerman
    Kellerman
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2015
    Posts: 75
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2025 - 12:06 AM ET #10

    @justliketoplay

     Well said peace_5

    Reply

    @justliketoplay

     Well said peace_5

     
    ThirtyThree
    ThirtyThree
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2022
    Posts: 1586
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2025 - 12:53 AM ET #11

    I’m 40. Same boat as you. I’ve been gambling on sports since I was the same age. Grew up in a broken, sad situation. Never thought I’d amount to anything in life but betting on sports always gave me an ace up my sleeve, the thought of getting rich. Could turn a small $ into a very large $ in a short amount of time, when disciplined. The problem is the discipline. I stopped betting online because I roll over into later games for no reason, which lose at a high percentage. I’ve been going into a casino to place wagers in person, so that I cannot get hurt after a winning night. 
    but overall, I’ve donated at least 200k into the sports books in my life, probably more. I feel like there is an empty hole inside of me that needs to be filled. But I’ve managed it, by betting with discipline, never in a position to lose money that I cannot afford. And best of all, I have an amazing wife and kids that give me the real sense of fulfillment and purpose.

    i don’t know what your situation is but the first thing that you need to understand is that we are all in this life and circumstance by choice. You signed up for this, and likely wrote your story. Here to learn and grow. Be the best you can be, that is your only choice.

    Life can seem boring when we don’t have a wager in, but once you have some time off and realize how simple things are when you’re not constantly stressed about covering a spread, it will get better. 
    stop worrying about recovering your most recent lost bet. Take a breath and focus on what is in front of you, what you actually can control. Might seem like a long, insurmountable journey in front of yourself, but it’s not. You need to be the good choice man, before this actually ruins your life. 
    If you want to talk further, let me know. Good luck and stay strong. Once you have your mind right, everything else will fall into place cloverpeace_5

    Reply

    I’m 40. Same boat as you. I’ve been gambling on sports since I was the same age. Grew up in a broken, sad situation. Never thought I’d amount to anything in life but betting on sports always gave me an ace up my sleeve, the thought of getting rich. Could turn a small $ into a very large $ in a short amount of time, when disciplined. The problem is the discipline. I stopped betting online because I roll over into later games for no reason, which lose at a high percentage. I’ve been going into a casino to place wagers in person, so that I cannot get hurt after a winning night. 
    but overall, I’ve donated at least 200k into the sports books in my life, probably more. I feel like there is an empty hole inside of me that needs to be filled. But I’ve managed it, by betting with discipline, never in a position to lose money that I cannot afford. And best of all, I have an amazing wife and kids that give me the real sense of fulfillment and purpose.

    i don’t know what your situation is but the first thing that you need to understand is that we are all in this life and circumstance by choice. You signed up for this, and likely wrote your story. Here to learn and grow. Be the best you can be, that is your only choice.

    Life can seem boring when we don’t have a wager in, but once you have some time off and realize how simple things are when you’re not constantly stressed about covering a spread, it will get better. 
    stop worrying about recovering your most recent lost bet. Take a breath and focus on what is in front of you, what you actually can control. Might seem like a long, insurmountable journey in front of yourself, but it’s not. You need to be the good choice man, before this actually ruins your life. 
    If you want to talk further, let me know. Good luck and stay strong. Once you have your mind right, everything else will fall into place cloverpeace_5

     
    Puerta2Puerta
    Puerta2Puerta
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2019
    Posts: 8110
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2025 - 1:34 AM ET #12

    I’m 35.

    right before the pandemic I had just started waging my first sports bets. I’ve never been to a casino and still havnt. I remember hitting my first 6 bets straight In the nba just $50 a game.

    little did I realize how dark this world of gambling can be. While I never hit rock bottom to a point where I lost a crazy amount of money. I did go on losing streaks where I questioned myself why I was doing this.

    it wasn’t until later that I found proper bank roll management and waging for entertainment purposes that helped me make sense of why I do this. First and foremost I enjoyed watching basketball and waging adds a little more fulfillment. 2ndly to not get too sucked into this and wage just to have some action. Lastly and most importantly you’re loved ones and friends come first and to not risk more than what you can afford.

    good luck on your next chapter in your life and hope everything works out for you.

    Reply

    I’m 35.

    right before the pandemic I had just started waging my first sports bets. I’ve never been to a casino and still havnt. I remember hitting my first 6 bets straight In the nba just $50 a game.

    little did I realize how dark this world of gambling can be. While I never hit rock bottom to a point where I lost a crazy amount of money. I did go on losing streaks where I questioned myself why I was doing this.

    it wasn’t until later that I found proper bank roll management and waging for entertainment purposes that helped me make sense of why I do this. First and foremost I enjoyed watching basketball and waging adds a little more fulfillment. 2ndly to not get too sucked into this and wage just to have some action. Lastly and most importantly you’re loved ones and friends come first and to not risk more than what you can afford.

    good luck on your next chapter in your life and hope everything works out for you.

     
    GOODCHOICEMAN
    GOODCHOICEMAN
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 2081
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2025 - 1:40 AM ET #13

    Thank you all for the kind words…. No one really talks about the low point of gambling …. They only talk when they are winning and on top in life

    but once you start losing and it affects everything from your daily mood, family , and finances… it hard to admit or to stop… just wanted to spread some awareness that gambling is serious and once you start getting affected by it …. Please find help or talk to someone … i just took a the step to get help and get my life back in order peace_5

    Reply

    Thank you all for the kind words…. No one really talks about the low point of gambling …. They only talk when they are winning and on top in life

    but once you start losing and it affects everything from your daily mood, family , and finances… it hard to admit or to stop… just wanted to spread some awareness that gambling is serious and once you start getting affected by it …. Please find help or talk to someone … i just took a the step to get help and get my life back in order peace_5

     
    ThirtyThree
    ThirtyThree
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2022
    Posts: 1586
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2025 - 1:45 AM ET #14

    Hit me up man. Mjohns846@gmail

    there is a lot of life to understand beyond this addiction. You’re going to be ok, I promise. Just understand where you are at right now. peace_5

    Reply

    Hit me up man. Mjohns846@gmail

    there is a lot of life to understand beyond this addiction. You’re going to be ok, I promise. Just understand where you are at right now. peace_5

     
    Miracling2
    Miracling2
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2017
    Posts: 64875
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2025 - 2:42 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by GOODCHOICEMAN:

    Thank you all for the kind words…. No one really talks about the low point of gambling ….

     

    Thanks for speakin up.


    Me… i talk about the highs and lows. And been vocal more when it go to the lows.

    probably the best decision in your life to stay out of it for good!

    the control the discipline is hard, no one escaped no matter whats your academics, career, high position you are in in a society… 

    I wish you well and hope you do it for good no matter how hard.

    you’l surpass all of us in here in one important category in life the will to stop the vice. if you did just that.

    it takes time to be seen, takes time to become a reality… hope for your success and dont ever look back. Good luck to you.

    peace_5

     

     

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by GOODCHOICEMAN:

    Thank you all for the kind words…. No one really talks about the low point of gambling ….

     

    Thanks for speakin up.


    Me… i talk about the highs and lows. And been vocal more when it go to the lows.

    probably the best decision in your life to stay out of it for good!

    the control the discipline is hard, no one escaped no matter whats your academics, career, high position you are in in a society… 

    I wish you well and hope you do it for good no matter how hard.

    you’l surpass all of us in here in one important category in life the will to stop the vice. if you did just that.

    it takes time to be seen, takes time to become a reality… hope for your success and dont ever look back. Good luck to you.

    peace_5

     

     

     

     
    purple_stars
    purple_stars
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2013
    Posts: 1499
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2025 - 3:14 AM ET #16

    @ThirtyThree

     Well said.blessings.All about discipline for sure and control.Money Management.

    Reply

    @ThirtyThree

     Well said.blessings.All about discipline for sure and control.Money Management.

     
    JOHNNY_ODAE
    JOHNNY_ODAE
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 2605
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2025 - 3:40 AM ET #17

    My Journey, started when Doug Flutie played for Boston College and threw a scrambling pass to win a game that should of had little to no chance of succeeding, but did. Remember where I was and who I was with. Most of them,RIP, are gone but lessons were taught to me about bankroll management and life of a gambler/investor being there with them. Smart men that I fell into by luck or fate.  A lesson I learned  came after blowing my 1,500$ roll on one game.  Still remember some wide receiver for the Raiders streaking down the sideline to score a meaningless TD to sink my wager. Was making 800.00 a week in the early 80's and puked out 2 weeks wages. Never wanted to ever be in that situation again! Valuable lesson. Now in my 73rd year and learning to apply what you learn in life daily has been a godsend. Investing in hand picked stocks and holding on thru thick and thin has set me up for life. Well, my money people say I run out late in my 93 yr of my monies if I continue to live the way I want. What I'm trying to say, is Discipline and have future thoughts in mind. Plan for your future and risk when you can. Wish you well. 

    Reply

    My Journey, started when Doug Flutie played for Boston College and threw a scrambling pass to win a game that should of had little to no chance of succeeding, but did. Remember where I was and who I was with. Most of them,RIP, are gone but lessons were taught to me about bankroll management and life of a gambler/investor being there with them. Smart men that I fell into by luck or fate.  A lesson I learned  came after blowing my 1,500$ roll on one game.  Still remember some wide receiver for the Raiders streaking down the sideline to score a meaningless TD to sink my wager. Was making 800.00 a week in the early 80's and puked out 2 weeks wages. Never wanted to ever be in that situation again! Valuable lesson. Now in my 73rd year and learning to apply what you learn in life daily has been a godsend. Investing in hand picked stocks and holding on thru thick and thin has set me up for life. Well, my money people say I run out late in my 93 yr of my monies if I continue to live the way I want. What I'm trying to say, is Discipline and have future thoughts in mind. Plan for your future and risk when you can. Wish you well. 

     
    jwheels86
    jwheels86
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 16182
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2025 - 6:48 AM ET #18

    If you're not doing it casually and don't have an edge or legit insight into what plays your making with money, it's not worth it.. Play few games that you feel the most confident in and don't bet a bunch of money on them, once stress gets in the way and impulses it's already time to stop doing it.. I don't bet for action or for thrills, the most money I ever had on a game was three years ago on Kansas ML against UNC in the Championship game and Kansas was down 17 at the half.. The whole time I was having high blood pressure and trying to manage an anxiety attack, even though my wager ultimately won in the end from that comeback and the immediate relief I felt still didn't matter.. I realized what I went through was never worth it again, it literally affected my health.. No sport or game is worth that 

    Reply

    If you're not doing it casually and don't have an edge or legit insight into what plays your making with money, it's not worth it.. Play few games that you feel the most confident in and don't bet a bunch of money on them, once stress gets in the way and impulses it's already time to stop doing it.. I don't bet for action or for thrills, the most money I ever had on a game was three years ago on Kansas ML against UNC in the Championship game and Kansas was down 17 at the half.. The whole time I was having high blood pressure and trying to manage an anxiety attack, even though my wager ultimately won in the end from that comeback and the immediate relief I felt still didn't matter.. I realized what I went through was never worth it again, it literally affected my health.. No sport or game is worth that 

     
    Fuse
    Fuse
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2016
    Posts: 84838
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2025 - 10:16 AM ET #19

    Take care peace_5peaceclover

    Learn, be content and stay disciplined.
    Reply

    Take care peace_5peaceclover

     
    Drew61
    Drew61
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 7878
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2025 - 10:39 AM ET #20

    @GOODCHOICEMAN

     Well cu tomorrow lie

    Reply

    @GOODCHOICEMAN

     Well cu tomorrow lie

     
    justliketoplay
    justliketoplay
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 5812
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2025 - 10:42 AM ET #21

     

    @Drew61

     Kick a man when he's down 

    Not cool Drew not cool an_shake

    When I win Money it's my money and NOT house money
    Reply

     

    @Drew61

     Kick a man when he's down 

    Not cool Drew not cool an_shake

     
    cdog8043
    cdog8043
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 9628
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2025 - 10:49 AM ET #22

    @GOODCHOICEMAN

     Block Covers and all other sports forums.  (I mean all)

    Losers and degenerates at the sites.

    I can only imagine when that day will come
    Reply

    @GOODCHOICEMAN

     Block Covers and all other sports forums.  (I mean all)

    Losers and degenerates at the sites.

     
    umgmu
    umgmu
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 47765
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2025 - 11:04 AM ET #23

    Bankroll management is key...have outside work/business interests, income.

    Find the opportunities that work for you.

    Take care, be well and stay strong win

    Reply

    Bankroll management is key...have outside work/business interests, income.

    Find the opportunities that work for you.

    Take care, be well and stay strong win

     
    Coin86
    Coin86
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 8954
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2025 - 11:11 AM ET #24

    Gambling is for real. Been through so many highs and lows that it has turned me away for months at a time. Hockey was brutal for that . Exhausting. 

     

    The only way to make $ is to follow people like KC. They play 1 play a night maybe 2 . They end up with positive units at the end of the season due to being very good with management. Then you tail them and you profit but don't let yourself become too involved in the league or you start to get cocky and make bets. Unless you have really good money management I would just tail a good capper and focus on other things in life. Or look at the sport from a fan perspective not strictly for making $. I will turning back to hockey soon but strickly as a fan not to bet... never betting pucks again 

    Reply

    Gambling is for real. Been through so many highs and lows that it has turned me away for months at a time. Hockey was brutal for that . Exhausting. 

     

    The only way to make $ is to follow people like KC. They play 1 play a night maybe 2 . They end up with positive units at the end of the season due to being very good with management. Then you tail them and you profit but don't let yourself become too involved in the league or you start to get cocky and make bets. Unless you have really good money management I would just tail a good capper and focus on other things in life. Or look at the sport from a fan perspective not strictly for making $. I will turning back to hockey soon but strickly as a fan not to bet... never betting pucks again 

     
     
    magiccarpetride
    magiccarpetride
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2012
    Posts: 10149
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2025 - 11:14 AM ET #25

    @GOODCHOICEMAN

     Take care and God bless.

    Reply

    @GOODCHOICEMAN

     Take care and God bless.

    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,747
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,569
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 421
    • MLB Playoffs 15,678
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,064
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,356
    • Week 6 Money 5,343
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,212
    • Lies, Inaccuracies & Stupidity 31,331
    • HarDix's Big Bet................. 5,493

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.