• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Trying to lose weight.

    12 Next Last»
    Sunshine24
    wallstreetcappers
    StumpTownStu
    HockeyTeeth
    thorpe
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2308
    Posts: 32
    12 Next Last»
     
    Sunshine24
    Sunshine24
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2017
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2017 - 7:40 PM ET #1

    I used to be 190 lbs. years later , I'm nearly 300. Not sure why I can't stop eating. Need helpful suggestions. Please no stop,eating comments. 
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I used to be 190 lbs. years later , I'm nearly 300. Not sure why I can't stop eating. Need helpful suggestions. Please no stop,eating comments. 
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2017 - 8:28 PM ET #2

    There is no such thing as trying to lose weight, you either do what is required or you do not.

    It does not matter what your weight was, nor what it is. You begin where the scale says and you go forward..dont look back and commit to making a change.

    If you really want to lose weight you have to drastically change your current choices. If you have ever watched those shows like My 600 LB Life, the advice is consistent and the results are up to the person.

    About two years ago I wanted to drop 30 lbs, not that I needed to but I wanted to..get back to high school weight. I decided to start running. I had no past experience running outside a very small distance, small meaning like 1/3 mile. That was my start. 

    I see people out when I am running that are young, much older than me, heavy, thin whatever. It does not matter where you begin only what you do going forward.

    To really lose weight you have to do activity that raises your heart rate and do it for a long enough period that you burn calories...do not fall into lazy routines or make excuses. If you want to swim to lose weight, that works, cycle, that works, running that works, aerobics that works...but you will not see results unless you BURN calories...and do so most every single day. 

    You need to find an activity that motivates you, that you can do 5-6 days a week and grow into...that you really burn calories and you are ok doing for a long period of time. 

    Second of course is diet. I suggest if you really want to lose weight, drastically change your diet...do not leg into it and take your time...go cold turkey and make a drastic change. On that 600 lb show the doctor recommends a daily calorie consumption of 1200 calories. That is a solid guide to live by and that means low low low carb, low calorie and high veggies/lean meats. It also means no aklie, no sugar drinks, no sweets and no excuses.

    When I was dropping weight I would burn 3000 calories a day and eat in that 1200 to 1500 a day range. You can do the math and figure out how many calories is in a pound of fat, then you either consume less or burn more, or a combination of both.

    That is all there is to it...really. What you do with the information is completely your choice. If you really worked hard you could be down to 190 in less than a year, it would take sacrifice and hard work, but of course you would expect that to be what it takes.
    Reply
    There is no such thing as trying to lose weight, you either do what is required or you do not.

    It does not matter what your weight was, nor what it is. You begin where the scale says and you go forward..dont look back and commit to making a change.

    If you really want to lose weight you have to drastically change your current choices. If you have ever watched those shows like My 600 LB Life, the advice is consistent and the results are up to the person.

    About two years ago I wanted to drop 30 lbs, not that I needed to but I wanted to..get back to high school weight. I decided to start running. I had no past experience running outside a very small distance, small meaning like 1/3 mile. That was my start. 

    I see people out when I am running that are young, much older than me, heavy, thin whatever. It does not matter where you begin only what you do going forward.

    To really lose weight you have to do activity that raises your heart rate and do it for a long enough period that you burn calories...do not fall into lazy routines or make excuses. If you want to swim to lose weight, that works, cycle, that works, running that works, aerobics that works...but you will not see results unless you BURN calories...and do so most every single day. 

    You need to find an activity that motivates you, that you can do 5-6 days a week and grow into...that you really burn calories and you are ok doing for a long period of time. 

    Second of course is diet. I suggest if you really want to lose weight, drastically change your diet...do not leg into it and take your time...go cold turkey and make a drastic change. On that 600 lb show the doctor recommends a daily calorie consumption of 1200 calories. That is a solid guide to live by and that means low low low carb, low calorie and high veggies/lean meats. It also means no aklie, no sugar drinks, no sweets and no excuses.

    When I was dropping weight I would burn 3000 calories a day and eat in that 1200 to 1500 a day range. You can do the math and figure out how many calories is in a pound of fat, then you either consume less or burn more, or a combination of both.

    That is all there is to it...really. What you do with the information is completely your choice. If you really worked hard you could be down to 190 in less than a year, it would take sacrifice and hard work, but of course you would expect that to be what it takes.
     
    Sunshine24
    Sunshine24
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2017
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2017 - 8:47 PM ET #3

    Wow, that was a really well thought reply. . Thank you for time and going over every aspect of losing the weight. I'll take your advice and hope I can make myself me again. You really laid it all out there. You're right, the rest is up to me. You seem to take good care of yourself - body wise. Hope you lost the 30 pounds. I do watch that show. Dr Now ( as they call him ) is caring but tough when it comes to making them take responsibility for their actions. Food is so easy to consume. I'll update my potential weight loss. Enjoy your night ! 
    Reply
    Wow, that was a really well thought reply. . Thank you for time and going over every aspect of losing the weight. I'll take your advice and hope I can make myself me again. You really laid it all out there. You're right, the rest is up to me. You seem to take good care of yourself - body wise. Hope you lost the 30 pounds. I do watch that show. Dr Now ( as they call him ) is caring but tough when it comes to making them take responsibility for their actions. Food is so easy to consume. I'll update my potential weight loss. Enjoy your night ! 
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58428
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2017 - 9:11 PM ET #4

    Yeah you are welcome, but you seem quite familiar for some reason.




    Reply
    Yeah you are welcome, but you seem quite familiar for some reason.




     
    Sunshine24
    Sunshine24
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2017
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2017 - 9:15 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Yeah you are welcome, but you seem quite familiar for some reason.




    I get that a lot.   I'll see you around.   Good to be here. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Yeah you are welcome, but you seem quite familiar for some reason.




    I get that a lot.   I'll see you around.   Good to be here. 
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2017 - 11:35 PM ET #6

    Start simply. Try your best to cut out sugary beverages and sweets in general. Healthy eating is habit forming just like unhealthy eating is habit forming. You've got to make your body crave good foods and water in the same way it craves bad foods. Then, given that you're physically able, you start mixing in low-impact work outs. 15 minutes walking on a treadmill. 15 minutes on the elliptical. Work your way up from there. Boxing is another low impact workout that is food for all fitness levels and fun. Obviously it's high impact on your fist, wrist, forearms, ect. but when I say low impact i'm referring to your knees, ankles, and such. These are places that already carry the strain of the extra weight and are high risk of injury. The main thing is diet though. Like I said, limit all drinks that aren't water. Even sports drinks when working out. The best think is water. I personally enjoy a sweet tea or a mexican coke but I try to limit them to dinner time.
    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply
    Start simply. Try your best to cut out sugary beverages and sweets in general. Healthy eating is habit forming just like unhealthy eating is habit forming. You've got to make your body crave good foods and water in the same way it craves bad foods. Then, given that you're physically able, you start mixing in low-impact work outs. 15 minutes walking on a treadmill. 15 minutes on the elliptical. Work your way up from there. Boxing is another low impact workout that is food for all fitness levels and fun. Obviously it's high impact on your fist, wrist, forearms, ect. but when I say low impact i'm referring to your knees, ankles, and such. These are places that already carry the strain of the extra weight and are high risk of injury. The main thing is diet though. Like I said, limit all drinks that aren't water. Even sports drinks when working out. The best think is water. I personally enjoy a sweet tea or a mexican coke but I try to limit them to dinner time.
     
    Sunshine24
    Sunshine24
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2017
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2017 - 7:15 AM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Start simply. Try your best to cut out sugary beverages and sweets in general. Healthy eating is habit forming just like unhealthy eating is habit forming. You've got to make your body crave good foods and water in the same way it craves bad foods. Then, given that you're physically able, you start mixing in low-impact work outs. 15 minutes walking on a treadmill. 15 minutes on the elliptical. Work your way up from there. Boxing is another low impact workout that is food for all fitness levels and fun. Obviously it's high impact on your fist, wrist, forearms, ect. but when I say low impact i'm referring to your knees, ankles, and such. These are places that already carry the strain of the extra weight and are high risk of injury. The main thing is diet though. Like I said, limit all drinks that aren't water. Even sports drinks when working out. The best think is water. I personally enjoy a sweet tea or a mexican coke but I try to limit them to dinner time.
      Thank you Stump. I understand what you're saying, and I appreciate your help. I'll try whatever it takes to lose the weight. Good luck on any wagers you're making today!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Start simply. Try your best to cut out sugary beverages and sweets in general. Healthy eating is habit forming just like unhealthy eating is habit forming. You've got to make your body crave good foods and water in the same way it craves bad foods. Then, given that you're physically able, you start mixing in low-impact work outs. 15 minutes walking on a treadmill. 15 minutes on the elliptical. Work your way up from there. Boxing is another low impact workout that is food for all fitness levels and fun. Obviously it's high impact on your fist, wrist, forearms, ect. but when I say low impact i'm referring to your knees, ankles, and such. These are places that already carry the strain of the extra weight and are high risk of injury. The main thing is diet though. Like I said, limit all drinks that aren't water. Even sports drinks when working out. The best think is water. I personally enjoy a sweet tea or a mexican coke but I try to limit them to dinner time.
      Thank you Stump. I understand what you're saying, and I appreciate your help. I'll try whatever it takes to lose the weight. Good luck on any wagers you're making today!
     
    Sunshine24
    Sunshine24
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2017
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2017 - 7:18 AM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by zebrakiller:

    MY suggestion is this: Get rid of all foods that contain high fructose corn syrup ........... for breads you want whole grain white ..or wheat or rye make sure they do not contain any type of sugar.



    NO pretzels at all NONE zero very high carbs turn into sugar.

    GO for natural spcies known to cut fat one grat fat killer is the almighty grapefuit

    Fine cuts of beef are great they contain no sugars at all.

    Matter of fact the cave man diet is one of best.

    Fruits are great to eat high in protein .bannans are amzing , apples,

    watermelon olives etc... Celery has negative calories but you might use a light dressing on it vinegar and oil is fine. 

    Excersing just brisk walking daily 2 miles will tear up calories.

    Thats how i lost over 40 lbs and kept it off when i was doing scrap metal work gawddddddd my blood sugar ratings came up low I was shocked and i didnt take my diabetes meds just going around picking up metals total weight when done 500 - 1000 lbs

    then i had to remove all the junk from metlas then put them back in van then lift them out again 3 - 5 days a week.

    Really just walking around pick up aluminum cans that pay .30 a lb you will burn tons of fat and get paid for losing weight ........

    BUT 100 lbs of cans = 3000 cans the 12 oz size so you see why it's great exercise plus fat burner.

    Hey $30 a day X 5 = $150 a week tax free by the way.

    I would stay away from potaoes and french fries they turn into sugar and are high carb foods also and type of spaghetti or  pasta will add carbs and turn into sugar and fat ...

    IF you want to use rools to eat a sandwhich simply gut the dough out as much as you can this removes 90% of carbs.

    Eat burgers without the rolls and no cheese.

    NO salt snacks at all tater chips etc... Gluten free foods are ballleahhh dont try them you get what is known as Cotton mouth from them.

    Aslo very little dairy products even milk has sugar but there is other types of milk today that are lactose free carb free fat free etc... almond silk is one.

    NOW nuts are ok unsalted types ...sunflower seeds also great snack that are negative calories ...

    YOU need fat cutting ingredients in your food Lemon juice is one.

    Water is needed or just seltzer water or club soda .NO diet soda of any kind trust me on this i'm a diabetic diet soda makes you crave carbs ...

    Of this is stupid BUT NO freking candy Cakes pies ice cream of any kind and yogart is not sugar free either ... gasp* taste like chit too .

    SO basically thats how you can lose the weight remeber you didnt gain all those pounds in a month either.

    SO same thing to lose them all and keep them off.

    Aslo do not buy any workout equipment all you will have is very expensive dust collector when your bored join a gyn with trainers that stay with you and will motuvate you for that hour or 2.

    NOT the franchise ones like planet fitness.


      Zebra, you really answered everything I was wondering about. Thank you for that. I hope to use this in my life to be healthier.. have a nice day. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by zebrakiller:

    MY suggestion is this: Get rid of all foods that contain high fructose corn syrup ........... for breads you want whole grain white ..or wheat or rye make sure they do not contain any type of sugar.



    NO pretzels at all NONE zero very high carbs turn into sugar.

    GO for natural spcies known to cut fat one grat fat killer is the almighty grapefuit

    Fine cuts of beef are great they contain no sugars at all.

    Matter of fact the cave man diet is one of best.

    Fruits are great to eat high in protein .bannans are amzing , apples,

    watermelon olives etc... Celery has negative calories but you might use a light dressing on it vinegar and oil is fine. 

    Excersing just brisk walking daily 2 miles will tear up calories.

    Thats how i lost over 40 lbs and kept it off when i was doing scrap metal work gawddddddd my blood sugar ratings came up low I was shocked and i didnt take my diabetes meds just going around picking up metals total weight when done 500 - 1000 lbs

    then i had to remove all the junk from metlas then put them back in van then lift them out again 3 - 5 days a week.

    Really just walking around pick up aluminum cans that pay .30 a lb you will burn tons of fat and get paid for losing weight ........

    BUT 100 lbs of cans = 3000 cans the 12 oz size so you see why it's great exercise plus fat burner.

    Hey $30 a day X 5 = $150 a week tax free by the way.

    I would stay away from potaoes and french fries they turn into sugar and are high carb foods also and type of spaghetti or  pasta will add carbs and turn into sugar and fat ...

    IF you want to use rools to eat a sandwhich simply gut the dough out as much as you can this removes 90% of carbs.

    Eat burgers without the rolls and no cheese.

    NO salt snacks at all tater chips etc... Gluten free foods are ballleahhh dont try them you get what is known as Cotton mouth from them.

    Aslo very little dairy products even milk has sugar but there is other types of milk today that are lactose free carb free fat free etc... almond silk is one.

    NOW nuts are ok unsalted types ...sunflower seeds also great snack that are negative calories ...

    YOU need fat cutting ingredients in your food Lemon juice is one.

    Water is needed or just seltzer water or club soda .NO diet soda of any kind trust me on this i'm a diabetic diet soda makes you crave carbs ...

    Of this is stupid BUT NO freking candy Cakes pies ice cream of any kind and yogart is not sugar free either ... gasp* taste like chit too .

    SO basically thats how you can lose the weight remeber you didnt gain all those pounds in a month either.

    SO same thing to lose them all and keep them off.

    Aslo do not buy any workout equipment all you will have is very expensive dust collector when your bored join a gyn with trainers that stay with you and will motuvate you for that hour or 2.

    NOT the franchise ones like planet fitness.


      Zebra, you really answered everything I was wondering about. Thank you for that. I hope to use this in my life to be healthier.. have a nice day. 
     
    HockeyTeeth
    HockeyTeeth
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 3675
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2017 - 8:26 AM ET #9

    There is a lot of winking going on in this thread.


    Alias alert!

    Reply
    There is a lot of winking going on in this thread.


    Alias alert!

     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2017 - 10:04 AM ET #10

    In addition to the above:

    1.  Do not eat any restaraunt food.  Restaraunts will sneak calories into seemingly healthy foods (oil/butter in veggies)

    2.  Do not eat after dinner

    3.  It is a mindset more than anything.  Don't think you will be able to east as much as you'd like.  You can't.  Don't think you won't be hungry.  You have to get used to it.  Don't think you can binge eat one day.  That will set you back a week.

    4.  Learn to count calories.  Eating at home makes this easier.  Get a kitchen scale to help with serving sizes in grams.

    5.  Whatever work out you do, time it and measure the distance, and try to do longer/faster each time.  You will hit a wall where you don't think you can keep running, but you need to push through it and get you your second wind.

    6.  Stop eating as a reward, or because you are stressed, or bored, or because it makes you feel good, or to celebrate something.

    It isn't easy to lose significant weight and keep it off. Good luck.
    Reply
    In addition to the above:

    1.  Do not eat any restaraunt food.  Restaraunts will sneak calories into seemingly healthy foods (oil/butter in veggies)

    2.  Do not eat after dinner

    3.  It is a mindset more than anything.  Don't think you will be able to east as much as you'd like.  You can't.  Don't think you won't be hungry.  You have to get used to it.  Don't think you can binge eat one day.  That will set you back a week.

    4.  Learn to count calories.  Eating at home makes this easier.  Get a kitchen scale to help with serving sizes in grams.

    5.  Whatever work out you do, time it and measure the distance, and try to do longer/faster each time.  You will hit a wall where you don't think you can keep running, but you need to push through it and get you your second wind.

    6.  Stop eating as a reward, or because you are stressed, or bored, or because it makes you feel good, or to celebrate something.

    It isn't easy to lose significant weight and keep it off. Good luck.
     
    Kurshka
    Kurshka
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 19156
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2017 - 6:18 PM ET #11

    If your real serious about this then buy this book "Body for Life by Bill Phillips".  Was unreal and changed my life. After six months I was a lean mean f*cking machine. 
    Reply
    If your real serious about this then buy this book "Body for Life by Bill Phillips".  Was unreal and changed my life. After six months I was a lean mean f*cking machine. 
     
    Sunshine24
    Sunshine24
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2017
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2017 - 6:37 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by thorpe:

    In addition to the above:

    1.  Do not eat any restaraunt food.  Restaraunts will sneak calories into seemingly healthy foods (oil/butter in veggies)

    2.  Do not eat after dinner

    3.  It is a mindset more than anything.  Don't think you will be able to east as much as you'd like.  You can't.  Don't think you won't be hungry.  You have to get used to it.  Don't think you can binge eat one day.  That will set you back a week.

    4.  Learn to count calories.  Eating at home makes this easier.  Get a kitchen scale to help with serving sizes in grams.

    5.  Whatever work out you do, time it and measure the distance, and try to do longer/faster each time.  You will hit a wall where you don't think you can keep running, but you need to push through it and get you your second wind.

    6.  Stop eating as a reward, or because you are stressed, or bored, or because it makes you feel good, or to celebrate something.

    It isn't easy to lose significant weight and keep it off. Good luck.
    Thorpe- you said  a mouth full .. no pun intended. My downfalls .  Eating out food and eating after dinner when I'm hungry again. I really appreciate your words. With all this great help and advice , I know I can lose this weight. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thorpe:

    In addition to the above:

    1.  Do not eat any restaraunt food.  Restaraunts will sneak calories into seemingly healthy foods (oil/butter in veggies)

    2.  Do not eat after dinner

    3.  It is a mindset more than anything.  Don't think you will be able to east as much as you'd like.  You can't.  Don't think you won't be hungry.  You have to get used to it.  Don't think you can binge eat one day.  That will set you back a week.

    4.  Learn to count calories.  Eating at home makes this easier.  Get a kitchen scale to help with serving sizes in grams.

    5.  Whatever work out you do, time it and measure the distance, and try to do longer/faster each time.  You will hit a wall where you don't think you can keep running, but you need to push through it and get you your second wind.

    6.  Stop eating as a reward, or because you are stressed, or bored, or because it makes you feel good, or to celebrate something.

    It isn't easy to lose significant weight and keep it off. Good luck.
    Thorpe- you said  a mouth full .. no pun intended. My downfalls .  Eating out food and eating after dinner when I'm hungry again. I really appreciate your words. With all this great help and advice , I know I can lose this weight. 
     
    Sunshine24
    Sunshine24
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2017
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2017 - 6:41 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurshka:

    If your real serious about this then buy this book "Body for Life by Bill Phillips".  Was unreal and changed my life. After six months I was a lean mean f*cking machine. 
    I'll buy the book. I'm listening to every and all people who give me solid advice. It's funny , I used to turn heads when I was in my 20's .. now in my 40's , they turn away. Thanks again for your help. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurshka:

    If your real serious about this then buy this book "Body for Life by Bill Phillips".  Was unreal and changed my life. After six months I was a lean mean f*cking machine. 
    I'll buy the book. I'm listening to every and all people who give me solid advice. It's funny , I used to turn heads when I was in my 20's .. now in my 40's , they turn away. Thanks again for your help. 
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2017 - 1:22 AM ET #14

    Wallstreet. I've been training and working out at extreme levels for 33 years. 
    Your post about looking forward and not backwards is beyond impressive. All my years I've never heard anything like that and I hope readers in the thread never forget those words. 
    Absolutely brilliant. 

    Reply
    Wallstreet. I've been training and working out at extreme levels for 33 years. 
    Your post about looking forward and not backwards is beyond impressive. All my years I've never heard anything like that and I hope readers in the thread never forget those words. 
    Absolutely brilliant. 

     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2017 - 1:30 AM ET #15

    This illustrates what Wall is saying in a few words with a lot of other details. Looking forward and trying...

    This is imo one of best commercials ever made. 

    Click here: Nike - Find Your Greatness : Jogger - YouTube

    Tremendous.
    Reply
    This illustrates what Wall is saying in a few words with a lot of other details. Looking forward and trying...

    This is imo one of best commercials ever made. 

    Click here: Nike - Find Your Greatness : Jogger - YouTube

    Tremendous.
     
    Sunshine24
    Sunshine24
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2017
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2017 - 3:31 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    This illustrates what Wall is saying in a few words with a lot of other details. Looking forward and trying...This is imo one of best commercials ever made. Click here: Nike -
    Find Your Greatness : Jogger - YouTubeTremendous.

    Thanks for your words. Guess working out is very important to you. My food intake is at an all time high. I gotta take control of this. Good luck with all your bets.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    This illustrates what Wall is saying in a few words with a lot of other details. Looking forward and trying...This is imo one of best commercials ever made. Click here: Nike -
    Find Your Greatness : Jogger - YouTubeTremendous.

    Thanks for your words. Guess working out is very important to you. My food intake is at an all time high. I gotta take control of this. Good luck with all your bets.
     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35524
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2017 - 4:51 PM ET #17

    My favorite Jack LaLanne the Godfather of fitness quotes:

    “If it tastes good, spit it out!”

    "If man made it, don’t eat it!”

    "Losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise"


    He set the world record for 1033 push ups in 23 minutes! He was 42 years old and did this feat on a TV show. He was 42 years old and did this feat on a TV show.  
    Reply
    My favorite Jack LaLanne the Godfather of fitness quotes:

    “If it tastes good, spit it out!”

    "If man made it, don’t eat it!”

    "Losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise"


    He set the world record for 1033 push ups in 23 minutes! He was 42 years old and did this feat on a TV show. He was 42 years old and did this feat on a TV show.  
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2017 - 5:59 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine24:


    Thanks for your words. Guess working out is very important to you. My food intake is at an all time high. I gotta take control of this. Good luck with all your bets.

    Once you start exercising you'll feel much better. Start by feeling good about yourself and having much higher sense of control. 
    The rest will take care of itself, trust me.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine24:


    Thanks for your words. Guess working out is very important to you. My food intake is at an all time high. I gotta take control of this. Good luck with all your bets.

    Once you start exercising you'll feel much better. Start by feeling good about yourself and having much higher sense of control. 
    The rest will take care of itself, trust me.
     
    Sunshine24
    Sunshine24
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2017
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2017 - 6:32 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:


    Once you start exercising you'll feel much better. Start by feeling good about yourself and having much higher sense of control. 
    The rest will take care of itself, trust me.
    . Thanks for the encouragement. It's easy to eat and be lazy. Those days are history. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:


    Once you start exercising you'll feel much better. Start by feeling good about yourself and having much higher sense of control. 
    The rest will take care of itself, trust me.
    . Thanks for the encouragement. It's easy to eat and be lazy. Those days are history. 
     
    Kurshka
    Kurshka
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 19156
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2017 - 6:32 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:


    Once you start exercising you'll feel much better. Start by feeling good about yourself and having much higher sense of control. 
    The rest will take care of itself, trust me.


    That is perfect Search. Only takes a month before you start feeling good and your body starts changing. You will be feeling it and its like a drug. Gets addictive when you start seeing results. I hope you join a gym. So hard to do it at home, to many distractions. I have normally been in good shape and been going to the gym since my twenty's. When I was in my forties I had surgery that took six months to heal. I put on fifty pounds eating TV dinners and lots of beer. I was just devastated one day that I looked in the mirror. Started back with the gym but all I dis was lift getting no results. Stumbled on this book and after six months I lost most the weight and in nine months it was gone. It was the best shape I have ever been in my life and I was in my forty's.  

    BOL on whatever you do. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:


    Once you start exercising you'll feel much better. Start by feeling good about yourself and having much higher sense of control. 
    The rest will take care of itself, trust me.


    That is perfect Search. Only takes a month before you start feeling good and your body starts changing. You will be feeling it and its like a drug. Gets addictive when you start seeing results. I hope you join a gym. So hard to do it at home, to many distractions. I have normally been in good shape and been going to the gym since my twenty's. When I was in my forties I had surgery that took six months to heal. I put on fifty pounds eating TV dinners and lots of beer. I was just devastated one day that I looked in the mirror. Started back with the gym but all I dis was lift getting no results. Stumbled on this book and after six months I lost most the weight and in nine months it was gone. It was the best shape I have ever been in my life and I was in my forty's.  

    BOL on whatever you do. 
     
    Sunshine24
    Sunshine24
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2017
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2017 - 6:33 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

    My favorite Jack LaLanne the Godfather of fitness quotes:

    “If it tastes good, spit it out!”

    "If man made it, don’t eat it!”

    "Losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise"


    He set the world record for 1033 push ups in 23 minutes! He was 42 years old and did this feat on a TV show. He was 42 years old and did this feat on a TV show.  
    . Slim , thank you for that. He's an inspiration. Hope you're having a nice day. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

    My favorite Jack LaLanne the Godfather of fitness quotes:

    “If it tastes good, spit it out!”

    "If man made it, don’t eat it!”

    "Losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise"


    He set the world record for 1033 push ups in 23 minutes! He was 42 years old and did this feat on a TV show. He was 42 years old and did this feat on a TV show.  
    . Slim , thank you for that. He's an inspiration. Hope you're having a nice day. 
     
    Sunshine24
    Sunshine24
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2017
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2017 - 6:40 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurshka:



    That is perfect Search. Only takes a month before you start feeling good and your body starts changing. You will be feeling it and its like a drug. Gets addictive when you start seeing results. I hope you join a gym. So hard to do it at home, to many distractions. I have normally been in good shape and been going to the gym since my twenty's. When I was in my forties I had surgery that took six months to heal. I put on fifty pounds eating TV dinners and lots of beer. I was just devastated one day that I looked in the mirror. Started back with the gym but all I dis was lift getting no results. Stumbled on this book and after six months I lost most the weight and in nine months it was gone. It was the best shape I have ever been in my life and I was in my forty's.  

    BOL on whatever you do. 
        Thanks for taking the time to help.. means a lot.. I'll hopefully start losing the weight soon.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurshka:



    That is perfect Search. Only takes a month before you start feeling good and your body starts changing. You will be feeling it and its like a drug. Gets addictive when you start seeing results. I hope you join a gym. So hard to do it at home, to many distractions. I have normally been in good shape and been going to the gym since my twenty's. When I was in my forties I had surgery that took six months to heal. I put on fifty pounds eating TV dinners and lots of beer. I was just devastated one day that I looked in the mirror. Started back with the gym but all I dis was lift getting no results. Stumbled on this book and after six months I lost most the weight and in nine months it was gone. It was the best shape I have ever been in my life and I was in my forty's.  

    BOL on whatever you do. 
        Thanks for taking the time to help.. means a lot.. I'll hopefully start losing the weight soon.
     
    Sunshine24
    Sunshine24
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2017
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2017 - 6:43 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by chandlerpage:

    it is all about the shitty food we put in ourselves man. I know this sounds like a silly cliche but once you eat healthy, you will not have trouble losing weight. Check out 'what the health' it's a good eye opener.
      Chandler, thanks for stopping by. I get what you're saying.. makes total sense. I always see or hear people tell how me how  healthy this food is.. to them maybe.. to me .. not sure.. Either way, I don't need to be 300 pounds now or ever.. Have a nice night.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by chandlerpage:

    it is all about the shitty food we put in ourselves man. I know this sounds like a silly cliche but once you eat healthy, you will not have trouble losing weight. Check out 'what the health' it's a good eye opener.
      Chandler, thanks for stopping by. I get what you're saying.. makes total sense. I always see or hear people tell how me how  healthy this food is.. to them maybe.. to me .. not sure.. Either way, I don't need to be 300 pounds now or ever.. Have a nice night.
     
    KingRGIII
    KingRGIII
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2012
    Posts: 9043
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2017 - 6:52 PM ET #24

    Morning cardio of any kind on an empty stomach will do wonders. Aside from getting up and drinking a warm glass of water (with our without lemon), get in some cardio if any kind for 20-30 minutes.  In addition to getting you going for the day it will really help to accelerate weight loss. 

    You will be surprised how quickly 20-30 minutes go by once you get into it. 
    Reply
    Morning cardio of any kind on an empty stomach will do wonders. Aside from getting up and drinking a warm glass of water (with our without lemon), get in some cardio if any kind for 20-30 minutes.  In addition to getting you going for the day it will really help to accelerate weight loss. 

    You will be surprised how quickly 20-30 minutes go by once you get into it. 
     
     
    Sunshine24
    Sunshine24
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2017
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2017 - 7:01 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by KingRGIII:

    Morning cardio of any kind on an empty stomach will do wonders. Aside from getting up and drinking a warm glass of water (with our without lemon), get in some cardio if any kind for 20-30 minutes.  In addition to getting you going for the day it will really help to accelerate weight loss. 

    You will be surprised how quickly 20-30 minutes go by once you get into it. 
    King , that's a great idea. I love working out early in the morning. It's been a while but I will do that first thing tomorrow. It's funny , we have a hot sauna at my gym and I always think sitting in there for 20 mins will help me lose some weight. Thanks for taking the time to help. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRGIII:

    Morning cardio of any kind on an empty stomach will do wonders. Aside from getting up and drinking a warm glass of water (with our without lemon), get in some cardio if any kind for 20-30 minutes.  In addition to getting you going for the day it will really help to accelerate weight loss. 

    You will be surprised how quickly 20-30 minutes go by once you get into it. 
    King , that's a great idea. I love working out early in the morning. It's been a while but I will do that first thing tomorrow. It's funny , we have a hot sauna at my gym and I always think sitting in there for 20 mins will help me lose some weight. Thanks for taking the time to help. 
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,911
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,619
    • MLB Playoffs 16,999
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 446
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 308
    • PART DEUX 140
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,388
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,367
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,158
    • NFL WEEK 5 ........................2026 1,492

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.