• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Top five concerts

    12 Next Last»
    HockeyTeeth
    vanzack
    Crusher13
    Johnzimbo34
    THEMUGG
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3310
    Posts: 43
    12 Next Last»
     
    HockeyTeeth
    HockeyTeeth
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 3675
    Posted: Jun. 15, 2017 - 8:29 PM ET #1

    List them

    (These r all mid seventies)

    Clapton slowhand tour toronto
    Elton john toronto 75ish
    Neil young crazy horse rust never sleeps tour toronto
    Rolling stones cnib benefit  oshawa 
    Bowie thin white duke tour toronto

    Honroable mentions to doobie bros skynnrd combo, dylan, jethro tull and so on.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    List them

    (These r all mid seventies)

    Clapton slowhand tour toronto
    Elton john toronto 75ish
    Neil young crazy horse rust never sleeps tour toronto
    Rolling stones cnib benefit  oshawa 
    Bowie thin white duke tour toronto

    Honroable mentions to doobie bros skynnrd combo, dylan, jethro tull and so on.
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jun. 15, 2017 - 8:57 PM ET #2

    The best concert I have been to in 20 years is Twenty One Pilots.

    I know how that sounds and how it will be received, but I have kids - they took me - and it was a great show.

    Have seen almost all of the acts you list, but seeing a retread of RS or Elton John at this point is ridiculous.


    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    The best concert I have been to in 20 years is Twenty One Pilots.

    I know how that sounds and how it will be received, but I have kids - they took me - and it was a great show.

    Have seen almost all of the acts you list, but seeing a retread of RS or Elton John at this point is ridiculous.


     
    Crusher13
    Crusher13
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 8064
    Posted: Jun. 15, 2017 - 9:58 PM ET #3

    Let me just chime in who I saw last week..Believe it or not...BOSTON with  TOMMY SCHOTT(?SCHULTZ??)   as only ORIGINAL MEMBER (lead guitar and keyboardist..that cat is a musician like none other.... it sounded so great, gonna see them in Dallas on 30th again...UNREAL..hadn;t seen'em  since 87'.   Plus show was two hours...and played almost ALL of 3rd STAGE..
    Reply
    Let me just chime in who I saw last week..Believe it or not...BOSTON with  TOMMY SCHOTT(?SCHULTZ??)   as only ORIGINAL MEMBER (lead guitar and keyboardist..that cat is a musician like none other.... it sounded so great, gonna see them in Dallas on 30th again...UNREAL..hadn;t seen'em  since 87'.   Plus show was two hours...and played almost ALL of 3rd STAGE..
     
    Johnzimbo34
    Johnzimbo34
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 1299
    Posted: Jun. 15, 2017 - 10:18 PM ET #4

    I'll just list best and worst.

    Best- Elton and Billy Joel in Vegas. Never been a huge Joel fan but he was great.

    Worst- Elton on some tour around 1988-1990, he played maybe three hits and everything else was some obscure crap that only die hard fans knew.
    Reply
    I'll just list best and worst.

    Best- Elton and Billy Joel in Vegas. Never been a huge Joel fan but he was great.

    Worst- Elton on some tour around 1988-1990, he played maybe three hits and everything else was some obscure crap that only die hard fans knew.
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Jun. 15, 2017 - 11:55 PM ET #5

     Roger Waters - Dark Side of the Moon tour....2006

     Supertramp - 1977

     Roger Waters - The Wall (30th anniversary tour) 2010

     Judas Priest - 1979........same tour they recorded "Unleashed in the East".

     I've been fortunate to have seen a lot of great shows. Those are just a few of my favs. Saw Boston in the late 70's when the show was actually stolen by the opening act......Sammy Hagar. Saw Journey when Loverboy opened for them......then a few years later saw Quarterflash open for Loverboy. Saw Led Zeppelin in the Kingdome in 77......but the sound was bad. Only other show I remember being disappointed with was Nazareth......bad sound & they didn't play their best tunes.
     Recently saw Rush on their final tour, & got to see the Tragically Hip twice in the last few years, including their final tour.........sorry to hear about Gord. The guy is a great singer & front man.

     
    Reply
     Roger Waters - Dark Side of the Moon tour....2006

     Supertramp - 1977

     Roger Waters - The Wall (30th anniversary tour) 2010

     Judas Priest - 1979........same tour they recorded "Unleashed in the East".

     I've been fortunate to have seen a lot of great shows. Those are just a few of my favs. Saw Boston in the late 70's when the show was actually stolen by the opening act......Sammy Hagar. Saw Journey when Loverboy opened for them......then a few years later saw Quarterflash open for Loverboy. Saw Led Zeppelin in the Kingdome in 77......but the sound was bad. Only other show I remember being disappointed with was Nazareth......bad sound & they didn't play their best tunes.
     Recently saw Rush on their final tour, & got to see the Tragically Hip twice in the last few years, including their final tour.........sorry to hear about Gord. The guy is a great singer & front man.

     
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jun. 16, 2017 - 12:40 AM ET #6

    1. Rush - during the "Presto" tour - I think I'm still high from that night.....
    2. Eagles - "Hell Freezes Over" - because I thought I'd missed my chance to see them live
    3. Oingo Boingo - Halloween concert - (don't laugh, it was AWESOME)
    4. Depeche Mode - "Devotion" tour - more about the smokin' hot blonde I took to the concert (and post-concert) than the actual concert. Good times.
    5. Tom Petty - multiple times - the guy just brings it.....
    Reply
    1. Rush - during the "Presto" tour - I think I'm still high from that night.....
    2. Eagles - "Hell Freezes Over" - because I thought I'd missed my chance to see them live
    3. Oingo Boingo - Halloween concert - (don't laugh, it was AWESOME)
    4. Depeche Mode - "Devotion" tour - more about the smokin' hot blonde I took to the concert (and post-concert) than the actual concert. Good times.
    5. Tom Petty - multiple times - the guy just brings it.....
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Jun. 16, 2017 - 6:06 PM ET #7

    Stones in '75 at MSG in NYC.I think they did 5 nights in a row.Ron Wood was new.The show with the inflatable person and Billy Preston opened after a Jamaican Steel band. 

    Pink Floyd outdoor at Roosevelt Stadium Jersey City Twice in diff years.One was Animals tour and other Wish you were Here tours.

    Eagles as opening act for the Beach Boys same venue in Jersey City.Fans kinda booed when the Eagles left (w/Joe Walsh iirc) and the main act came on.

    Frank Zappa Halloween At Capital Theatre in Passiac.Zappa was always an event and the tightest band of musicians.

    Blue Oyster Cult at the Palladium NYC some songs recorded for live album.

    Lots of others but worst was finding out the BOC /10cc cancelled and the show was rescheduled to Truth, Renaissance and then a band called KISS.This in a warehouse in Asbury Park..Renaissance was great if anyone remembers them..SRO also in the place and Kiss comes out and we are all stoned and these guys are just very shocking/ weird to see..friggin guy shooting the fireball so close over our heads..Gene Simmons?..No one was prepared for this..a few weeks later their first album showed up and I bought it,but it was the one and only I ever got.

    BTW Renaissance had a hit with Mother Russia. Any Cranberries fan could appreciate

    Reply

    Stones in '75 at MSG in NYC.I think they did 5 nights in a row.Ron Wood was new.The show with the inflatable person and Billy Preston opened after a Jamaican Steel band. 

    Pink Floyd outdoor at Roosevelt Stadium Jersey City Twice in diff years.One was Animals tour and other Wish you were Here tours.

    Eagles as opening act for the Beach Boys same venue in Jersey City.Fans kinda booed when the Eagles left (w/Joe Walsh iirc) and the main act came on.

    Frank Zappa Halloween At Capital Theatre in Passiac.Zappa was always an event and the tightest band of musicians.

    Blue Oyster Cult at the Palladium NYC some songs recorded for live album.

    Lots of others but worst was finding out the BOC /10cc cancelled and the show was rescheduled to Truth, Renaissance and then a band called KISS.This in a warehouse in Asbury Park..Renaissance was great if anyone remembers them..SRO also in the place and Kiss comes out and we are all stoned and these guys are just very shocking/ weird to see..friggin guy shooting the fireball so close over our heads..Gene Simmons?..No one was prepared for this..a few weeks later their first album showed up and I bought it,but it was the one and only I ever got.

    BTW Renaissance had a hit with Mother Russia. Any Cranberries fan could appreciate

     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: Jun. 16, 2017 - 6:56 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher13:

    Let me just chime in who I saw last week..Believe it or not...BOSTON with  TOMMY SCHOTT(?SCHULTZ??)   as only ORIGINAL MEMBER (lead guitar and keyboardist..that cat is a musician like none other.... it sounded so great, gonna see them in Dallas on 30th again...UNREAL..hadn;t seen'em  since 87'.   Plus show was two hours...and played almost ALL of 3rd STAGE..

    I saw Boston in April in Florida. A "bucket list" thing. Always wanted to see them during the 80's but they hardly ever toured and I never had the chance.

    Musically they were perfect. Only complaint was they were not very engaging. A few words here and there by Scholz, but a bit more interaction with the sold out crowd would have been nice. All in all a big 

    But, best show I ever saw was easily The Clash at the Cape Cod Coliseum circa 1982. I still think "London Calling" is the best album of all time even though my musical tastes have changed with age. I was an underage drinker back then, and now I'm an overage drinker. I'll put the Gypsy Kings on now.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher13:

    Let me just chime in who I saw last week..Believe it or not...BOSTON with  TOMMY SCHOTT(?SCHULTZ??)   as only ORIGINAL MEMBER (lead guitar and keyboardist..that cat is a musician like none other.... it sounded so great, gonna see them in Dallas on 30th again...UNREAL..hadn;t seen'em  since 87'.   Plus show was two hours...and played almost ALL of 3rd STAGE..

    I saw Boston in April in Florida. A "bucket list" thing. Always wanted to see them during the 80's but they hardly ever toured and I never had the chance.

    Musically they were perfect. Only complaint was they were not very engaging. A few words here and there by Scholz, but a bit more interaction with the sold out crowd would have been nice. All in all a big 

    But, best show I ever saw was easily The Clash at the Cape Cod Coliseum circa 1982. I still think "London Calling" is the best album of all time even though my musical tastes have changed with age. I was an underage drinker back then, and now I'm an overage drinker. I'll put the Gypsy Kings on now.
     
    HockeyTeeth
    HockeyTeeth
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 3675
    Posted: Jun. 16, 2017 - 7:33 PM ET #9

    Some of these bands you guys listed i have seen, never saw floyd or zep, just missed the animals tour in mtl by a day or two. Zappa i saw probably the best guitar work by far. Clapton was good but zappa played alot of solos. 

    Seeing elton or stones today no thanks elton is annoying as hell can still play piano but vocals r gone now and stones r just going through the motions.

    Supertramp was another good one. Was in grade nine then so fN hung over bombed a test that day.

    Man the 70s were a blast for shows.
    Reply
    Some of these bands you guys listed i have seen, never saw floyd or zep, just missed the animals tour in mtl by a day or two. Zappa i saw probably the best guitar work by far. Clapton was good but zappa played alot of solos. 

    Seeing elton or stones today no thanks elton is annoying as hell can still play piano but vocals r gone now and stones r just going through the motions.

    Supertramp was another good one. Was in grade nine then so fN hung over bombed a test that day.

    Man the 70s were a blast for shows.
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2017 - 12:05 AM ET #10

    Queen at Madison Square Garden, I believe it was about 1980, was a great show. 
    Freddie Mercury was an extraordinary showman.
    I was not a big fan of Queen until I went to that show.

    I seen the Stones in Philly in the late 70's.
    Show was good, but not great (acoustics in an open air stadium suck)
    Peter Tosh opened, and the crowd appreciated him.
    Foreigner also went on before the Stones and got booed off the stage.
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    Queen at Madison Square Garden, I believe it was about 1980, was a great show. 
    Freddie Mercury was an extraordinary showman.
    I was not a big fan of Queen until I went to that show.

    I seen the Stones in Philly in the late 70's.
    Show was good, but not great (acoustics in an open air stadium suck)
    Peter Tosh opened, and the crowd appreciated him.
    Foreigner also went on before the Stones and got booed off the stage.
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2017 - 12:06 AM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    The best concert I have been to in 20 years is Twenty One Pilots.

    I know how that sounds and how it will be received, but I have kids - they took me - and it was a great show.



    My workout partner, who is quite younger than myself, sometimes puts on Twenty One Pilots when we lift.

    I have become a big fan 
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    The best concert I have been to in 20 years is Twenty One Pilots.

    I know how that sounds and how it will be received, but I have kids - they took me - and it was a great show.



    My workout partner, who is quite younger than myself, sometimes puts on Twenty One Pilots when we lift.

    I have become a big fan 
     
    Crusher13
    Crusher13
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 8064
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2017 - 1:52 AM ET #12

    HUgh, you just brought back memories of my very first concert..The ROLLING STONES with Peter Tosh opening, then Eddie Money, then KANSAS..in 78'  Yes I saw many great shows that year and 79'..Saw the CLASH at Red Rocks..Also saw DWEEDZIL ZAPPA this year too..what a trip that show was..

    Just saw ROGER WATERS 2 weeks ago..good visuals .give show B+..music sounded good, he played all the FLOYD hits but I could have really done without all the political RESIST b.s.. Roger is looking really old too(72?)..Loved the two English chick vocalists...they were awesome....
    Reply
    HUgh, you just brought back memories of my very first concert..The ROLLING STONES with Peter Tosh opening, then Eddie Money, then KANSAS..in 78'  Yes I saw many great shows that year and 79'..Saw the CLASH at Red Rocks..Also saw DWEEDZIL ZAPPA this year too..what a trip that show was..

    Just saw ROGER WATERS 2 weeks ago..good visuals .give show B+..music sounded good, he played all the FLOYD hits but I could have really done without all the political RESIST b.s.. Roger is looking really old too(72?)..Loved the two English chick vocalists...they were awesome....
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2017 - 2:17 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher13:

    HUgh, you just brought back memories of my very first concert..The ROLLING STONES with Peter Tosh opening, then Eddie Money, then KANSAS..in 78'  Yes I saw many great shows that year and 79'..Saw the CLASH at Red Rocks..Also saw DWEEDZIL ZAPPA this year too..what a trip that show was..

    Just saw ROGER WATERS 2 weeks ago..good visuals .give show B+..music sounded good, he played all the FLOYD hits but I could have really done without all the political RESIST b.s.. Roger is looking really old too(72?)..Loved the two English chick vocalists...they were awesome....
    Got tix to see Waters next weekend. I never got to see Pink Floyd in their prime so I've been all over the Waters shows. Saw him 3x on the DSOTM tour..........Seattle in 06, Vancouver, & Denver.
     I agree about the political nonsense........we have tix to see Yes, Carl Palmer, & Todd Rundgren in Sept.........apparently Rundgren thinks pretty highly of his own political views too.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher13:

    HUgh, you just brought back memories of my very first concert..The ROLLING STONES with Peter Tosh opening, then Eddie Money, then KANSAS..in 78'  Yes I saw many great shows that year and 79'..Saw the CLASH at Red Rocks..Also saw DWEEDZIL ZAPPA this year too..what a trip that show was..

    Just saw ROGER WATERS 2 weeks ago..good visuals .give show B+..music sounded good, he played all the FLOYD hits but I could have really done without all the political RESIST b.s.. Roger is looking really old too(72?)..Loved the two English chick vocalists...they were awesome....
    Got tix to see Waters next weekend. I never got to see Pink Floyd in their prime so I've been all over the Waters shows. Saw him 3x on the DSOTM tour..........Seattle in 06, Vancouver, & Denver.
     I agree about the political nonsense........we have tix to see Yes, Carl Palmer, & Todd Rundgren in Sept.........apparently Rundgren thinks pretty highly of his own political views too.
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2017 - 3:44 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    Queen at Madison Square Garden, I believe it was about 1980, was a great show. 
    Freddie Mercury was an extraordinary showman.
    I was not a big fan of Queen until I went to that show.



    Is that when you discovered you were ?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    Queen at Madison Square Garden, I believe it was about 1980, was a great show. 
    Freddie Mercury was an extraordinary showman.
    I was not a big fan of Queen until I went to that show.



    Is that when you discovered you were ?
     
    HailFlutie
    HailFlutie
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 2376
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2017 - 4:00 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    Queen at Madison Square Garden, I believe it was about 1980, was a great show. 
    Freddie Mercury was an extraordinary showman.
    I was not a big fan of Queen until I went to that show.

    I seen the Stones in Philly in the late 70's.
    Show was good, but not great (acoustics in an open air stadium suck)
    Peter Tosh opened, and the crowd appreciated him.
    Foreigner also went on before the Stones and got booed off the stage.

    I knew you were old phuckin bag of bones..Please expire for us soon you pile of phuckin garbage
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    Queen at Madison Square Garden, I believe it was about 1980, was a great show. 
    Freddie Mercury was an extraordinary showman.
    I was not a big fan of Queen until I went to that show.

    I seen the Stones in Philly in the late 70's.
    Show was good, but not great (acoustics in an open air stadium suck)
    Peter Tosh opened, and the crowd appreciated him.
    Foreigner also went on before the Stones and got booed off the stage.

    I knew you were old phuckin bag of bones..Please expire for us soon you pile of phuckin garbage
     
    HailFlutie
    HailFlutie
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 2376
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2017 - 4:01 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:


    My workout partner, who is quite younger than myself, sometimes puts on Twenty One Pilots when we lift.

    I have become a big fan 

    My workout partner = my pipe cleaning anal buddy..Phuckin dirtbag troll cyber stalker
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:


    My workout partner, who is quite younger than myself, sometimes puts on Twenty One Pilots when we lift.

    I have become a big fan 

    My workout partner = my pipe cleaning anal buddy..Phuckin dirtbag troll cyber stalker
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2017 - 4:09 PM ET #17




    Love the stories from the 70's and 80's.

    Still compiling my all-time list.

    Party on! 


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply



    Love the stories from the 70's and 80's.

    Still compiling my all-time list.

    Party on! 


     
    ArtSchlichterJr
    ArtSchlichterJr
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 3479
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2017 - 4:32 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    Got tix to see Waters next weekend. I never got to see Pink Floyd in their prime so I've been all over the Waters shows. Saw him 3x on the DSOTM tour..........Seattle in 06, Vancouver, & Denver.
     I agree about the political nonsense........we have tix to see Yes, Carl Palmer, & Todd Rundgren in Sept.........apparently Rundgren thinks pretty highly of his own political views too.
       Being old I got to see Pink Floyd in their prime numerous times and their  shows were one of a kind the earlier the better..But truth be told Waters was second fiddle in the shows by a long shot it was all about DG on lead guitar and his long haunting riffs that made early Floyd..
    Be careful with the axe Eugene.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    Got tix to see Waters next weekend. I never got to see Pink Floyd in their prime so I've been all over the Waters shows. Saw him 3x on the DSOTM tour..........Seattle in 06, Vancouver, & Denver.
     I agree about the political nonsense........we have tix to see Yes, Carl Palmer, & Todd Rundgren in Sept.........apparently Rundgren thinks pretty highly of his own political views too.
       Being old I got to see Pink Floyd in their prime numerous times and their  shows were one of a kind the earlier the better..But truth be told Waters was second fiddle in the shows by a long shot it was all about DG on lead guitar and his long haunting riffs that made early Floyd..
     
    ArtSchlichterJr
    ArtSchlichterJr
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 3479
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2017 - 4:35 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtSchlichterJr:

       Being old I got to see Pink Floyd in their prime numerous times and their  shows were one of a kind the earlier the better..But truth be told Waters was second fiddle in the shows by a long shot it was all about DG on lead guitar and his long haunting riffs that made early Floyd..
      Also in their prime for live shows the Stones were on a level that no one then or now could match..  A Stones concert was an event from the pre concert bash to the end of the night.. Nothing was at that level IMO...
    Be careful with the axe Eugene.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtSchlichterJr:

       Being old I got to see Pink Floyd in their prime numerous times and their  shows were one of a kind the earlier the better..But truth be told Waters was second fiddle in the shows by a long shot it was all about DG on lead guitar and his long haunting riffs that made early Floyd..
      Also in their prime for live shows the Stones were on a level that no one then or now could match..  A Stones concert was an event from the pre concert bash to the end of the night.. Nothing was at that level IMO...
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2017 - 4:39 PM ET #20

    Who remembers getting stoned and making a party out of standing in lines to get tickets to these events?.No online ordering Ticketmaster garbage..Just hitting up some record store or the box office itself..

    Reply

    Who remembers getting stoned and making a party out of standing in lines to get tickets to these events?.No online ordering Ticketmaster garbage..Just hitting up some record store or the box office itself..

     
    Crusher13
    Crusher13
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 8064
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2017 - 5:05 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    Who remembers getting stoned and making a party out of standing in lines to get tickets to these events?.No online ordering Ticketmaster garbage..Just hitting up some record store or the box office itself..


      Yes, true memories...when you were first in line after CAMPING out all night to get "first dubs"..

    Like Archie prohetically sang with Edith.."Those were the days" 

    Seriously,compared to now 2017'....they ARE and WERE..

     to all
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    Who remembers getting stoned and making a party out of standing in lines to get tickets to these events?.No online ordering Ticketmaster garbage..Just hitting up some record store or the box office itself..


      Yes, true memories...when you were first in line after CAMPING out all night to get "first dubs"..

    Like Archie prohetically sang with Edith.."Those were the days" 

    Seriously,compared to now 2017'....they ARE and WERE..

     to all
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2017 - 6:01 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtSchlichterJr:

      Also in their prime for live shows the Stones were on a level that no one then or now could match..  A Stones concert was an event from the pre concert bash to the end of the night.. Nothing was at that level IMO...

    No doubt Art..The atmosphere around Madison Square Garden that night was pretty cool.Once inside it wasn't your usual stoned kids types like us,but quite a few people dressed up for it..Never saw that again at any concert..Saw a couple celebs at the time on the way in..Lotta offers from outside to buy our tix also

    .Crowd blew up when Mick sang NewYorkCity in Honkey Tonk Women.Rumor was that was the Stones last US tour..Ha

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtSchlichterJr:

      Also in their prime for live shows the Stones were on a level that no one then or now could match..  A Stones concert was an event from the pre concert bash to the end of the night.. Nothing was at that level IMO...

    No doubt Art..The atmosphere around Madison Square Garden that night was pretty cool.Once inside it wasn't your usual stoned kids types like us,but quite a few people dressed up for it..Never saw that again at any concert..Saw a couple celebs at the time on the way in..Lotta offers from outside to buy our tix also

    .Crowd blew up when Mick sang NewYorkCity in Honkey Tonk Women.Rumor was that was the Stones last US tour..Ha

     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2017 - 6:33 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher13:


      Yes, true memories...when you were first in line after CAMPING out all night to get "first dubs"..

    Like Archie prohetically sang with Edith.."Those were the days" 

    Seriously,compared to now 2017'....they ARE and WERE..

     to all

    Archie and Edith ..Doubt many outside this thread no what the F you are talking about ha..I sure do,that was 75% of my folks.Beatles on TV in ;64 and I remember my Dad saying look at their friggin hair..WW11 vet Joined at 17 years old and I'm a darn-up compared to that no doubt.

    But wow never camped outside to get tix..

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher13:


      Yes, true memories...when you were first in line after CAMPING out all night to get "first dubs"..

    Like Archie prohetically sang with Edith.."Those were the days" 

    Seriously,compared to now 2017'....they ARE and WERE..

     to all

    Archie and Edith ..Doubt many outside this thread no what the F you are talking about ha..I sure do,that was 75% of my folks.Beatles on TV in ;64 and I remember my Dad saying look at their friggin hair..WW11 vet Joined at 17 years old and I'm a darn-up compared to that no doubt.

    But wow never camped outside to get tix..

     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2017 - 6:51 PM ET #24

    Great read 

    rarely envious , but I am impressed ...
    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    Great read 

    rarely envious , but I am impressed ...
     
     
    HockeyTeeth
    HockeyTeeth
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 3675
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2017 - 8:38 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    Who remembers getting stoned and making a party out of standing in lines to get tickets to these events?. No online ordering Ticketmaster garbage..Just hitting up some record store or the box office itself..


    Yeh man. Waited three days for tickets to see stones they were playing at small town hockey rink in oshawa, the concert was a benefit ordered by the courts as part of keith richards sentencing for herion posession at harbour castle hilton. We were 23rd-ish in line. Mushrooms day two.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    Who remembers getting stoned and making a party out of standing in lines to get tickets to these events?. No online ordering Ticketmaster garbage..Just hitting up some record store or the box office itself..


    Yeh man. Waited three days for tickets to see stones they were playing at small town hockey rink in oshawa, the concert was a benefit ordered by the courts as part of keith richards sentencing for herion posession at harbour castle hilton. We were 23rd-ish in line. Mushrooms day two.
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,911
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,619
    • MLB Playoffs 16,999
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 446
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 308
    • PART DEUX 140
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,388
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,367
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,158
    • NFL WEEK 5 ........................2026 1,492

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.