• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Ten McDonald’s Restaurants in Chicago Test Automated Drive-Thru Ordering

    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
    Raiders22
    StumpTownStu
    spockgato
    DoubleUp4Life
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 249
    Posts: 60
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34463
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2021 - 3:13 AM ET #26

    I may have to try one of each this week and compare.  Maybe try a couple more places also.  I hear folks rave about Fiveguys and Smashburger — I cannot even remember going to one of those at all.  

    I know some of the smaller places are supposed to be good.  I even heard Dick’s or Dick’s Burgers up your way in Oregon are supposed to be good.  

    Pretty cool some of the chili, barbecue, steak places that they rank in the different areas.  I have seen some before on who has the best hotdogs, etc.  

    So, I am sure there are some good hamburger joints all over as well.

     

    Reply

    I may have to try one of each this week and compare.  Maybe try a couple more places also.  I hear folks rave about Fiveguys and Smashburger — I cannot even remember going to one of those at all.  

    I know some of the smaller places are supposed to be good.  I even heard Dick’s or Dick’s Burgers up your way in Oregon are supposed to be good.  

    Pretty cool some of the chili, barbecue, steak places that they rank in the different areas.  I have seen some before on who has the best hotdogs, etc.  

    So, I am sure there are some good hamburger joints all over as well.

     

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2021 - 9:49 AM ET #27

    @Raiders22

     You're comparing an In n Out Double to a McDonald's Double which is your mistake. The McDonald's Cheeseburger/Double are lower tier value items in their own right. You have to compare it to a premium burger like a quarter pounder, Big Mac, etc. Also In n Out has one size of frie comparable to a medium/large but priced like the McDonald's small. The only thing cheaper at McD is a soda. Soda is a cheap product. The cup is the most expensive part.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    @Raiders22

     You're comparing an In n Out Double to a McDonald's Double which is your mistake. The McDonald's Cheeseburger/Double are lower tier value items in their own right. You have to compare it to a premium burger like a quarter pounder, Big Mac, etc. Also In n Out has one size of frie comparable to a medium/large but priced like the McDonald's small. The only thing cheaper at McD is a soda. Soda is a cheap product. The cup is the most expensive part.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2021 - 10:03 AM ET #28

    @StumpTownStu

    I think maybe you're posting googles suggest retail and not what prices are in actual restaurants. Then you're saying, "Well, there's a value menu and you can get a burger for a buck." I'm telling you that for comparable items, the only thing cheaper at McDonald's is soda.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

    I think maybe you're posting googles suggest retail and not what prices are in actual restaurants. Then you're saying, "Well, there's a value menu and you can get a burger for a buck." I'm telling you that for comparable items, the only thing cheaper at McDonald's is soda.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2021 - 10:10 AM ET #29

    Comparable products, similar servings of fries, units of beef, etc, it's not even close. And moat would agree that In n Oit is better quality, which was my point. Is better for cheaper.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Comparable products, similar servings of fries, units of beef, etc, it's not even close. And moat would agree that In n Oit is better quality, which was my point. Is better for cheaper.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34463
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2021 - 2:28 PM ET #30

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    @Raiders22  You're comparing an In n Out Double to a McDonald's Double which is your mistake. The McDonald's Cheeseburger/Double are lower tier value items in their own right. You have to compare it to a premium burger like a quarter pounder, Big Mac, etc. Also In n Out has one size of frie comparable to a medium/large but priced like the McDonald's small. The only thing cheaper at McD is a soda. Soda is a cheap product. The cup is the most expensive part.

    What are you saying? Hamburger is not same as hamburger at both?  One simple patty and buns?  Cheeseburger is not same at both?  Just add cheese to patty?

    Like I said I cannot talk about the combos or the specialty burgers — I do not know their weights or sizes, whether they are exactly the same or not.  

    If I go to one and ask for a hamburger only — it certainly seems one is cheaper by a large percentage.  

    And of course one offers way more options on their Dollar Menu. 

    I do not know exact size of sodas — but assume a small is a small and a large is a large at both places 8oz and 16oz or whatever. 

    But nearly everyone GETS a soda at EVERY meal I would imagine. That adds up. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    @Raiders22  You're comparing an In n Out Double to a McDonald's Double which is your mistake. The McDonald's Cheeseburger/Double are lower tier value items in their own right. You have to compare it to a premium burger like a quarter pounder, Big Mac, etc. Also In n Out has one size of frie comparable to a medium/large but priced like the McDonald's small. The only thing cheaper at McD is a soda. Soda is a cheap product. The cup is the most expensive part.

    What are you saying? Hamburger is not same as hamburger at both?  One simple patty and buns?  Cheeseburger is not same at both?  Just add cheese to patty?

    Like I said I cannot talk about the combos or the specialty burgers — I do not know their weights or sizes, whether they are exactly the same or not.  

    If I go to one and ask for a hamburger only — it certainly seems one is cheaper by a large percentage.  

    And of course one offers way more options on their Dollar Menu. 

    I do not know exact size of sodas — but assume a small is a small and a large is a large at both places 8oz and 16oz or whatever. 

    But nearly everyone GETS a soda at EVERY meal I would imagine. That adds up. 

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34463
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2021 - 2:34 PM ET #31

    Again, I defer to you in the taste of fast food burgers.  But that adds more to my point about the business models being totally different and, thus, cannot be compared fairly. 

    One picks no expansion, better quality, more efficient processes.  The other obviously expands and provides world-wide service and more items. 

    Mine has more than 3 times the profit margin than the other — yet the one with the lower profit margin is called corporate greed?  Does not make sense without looking more into why the one is able to pay more in wages. 

    The billionaire owner of In-and-Out is not seen as corporate greed — but McDonald’s is totally seen that way, yet are the most recognized and used QSR ever?

    Reply

    Again, I defer to you in the taste of fast food burgers.  But that adds more to my point about the business models being totally different and, thus, cannot be compared fairly. 

    One picks no expansion, better quality, more efficient processes.  The other obviously expands and provides world-wide service and more items. 

    Mine has more than 3 times the profit margin than the other — yet the one with the lower profit margin is called corporate greed?  Does not make sense without looking more into why the one is able to pay more in wages. 

    The billionaire owner of In-and-Out is not seen as corporate greed — but McDonald’s is totally seen that way, yet are the most recognized and used QSR ever?

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34463
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2021 - 2:40 PM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    @StumpTownStu I think maybe you're posting googles suggest retail and not what prices are in actual restaurants. Then you're saying, "Well, there's a value menu and you can get a burger for a buck." I'm telling you that for comparable items, the only thing cheaper at McDonald's is soda.

    I went right online and looked at two relatively close places and their current prices for hamburger, cheeseburger, and soda.  

    You can not dismiss dollar menu out-of-hand either when looking at value. 

    But I am sure you are right about quality and experience.  

    Then profit margin would have to be explained COMPLETELY in other areas — fewer personnel, more efficient advertising, etc.  The analysis just doesn’t show that to be the case totally. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    @StumpTownStu I think maybe you're posting googles suggest retail and not what prices are in actual restaurants. Then you're saying, "Well, there's a value menu and you can get a burger for a buck." I'm telling you that for comparable items, the only thing cheaper at McDonald's is soda.

    I went right online and looked at two relatively close places and their current prices for hamburger, cheeseburger, and soda.  

    You can not dismiss dollar menu out-of-hand either when looking at value. 

    But I am sure you are right about quality and experience.  

    Then profit margin would have to be explained COMPLETELY in other areas — fewer personnel, more efficient advertising, etc.  The analysis just doesn’t show that to be the case totally. 

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2021 - 2:59 PM ET #33

    I think the disconnect is that online prices seem to be suggested retail and not what restaurants are actually charging. When I go out in a bit, i'll stop at McD for coffee and do a little recon.i know In n Out's prices by heart but as I said, I don't eat McD very often.

    Also, what you are doing is the same as saying, "BMW is significantly cheaper than Mercedes Benz." And when someone disagrees you compare the price of a GLE 63 S coupe to a 325i. And when someone points out the flaw in said reasoning you say, "Aren't all cars the same? For wheels, engine..." You may not eat McDonald's but you've heard of a damn Big Mac. A Quarter Pounder. You purposely chose a value item because it suited your argument. You didn't even list the price of fries because you probably googled it and it refuted your argument. No too burgers are the same but if we are to compare, you should at least make an attempt by listing burgers with comparable beef content, caloric content, and overall mass. Based on these parameters, the comparison is an In n Out double double to that of a Big Mac or Quarter Pounder with cheese, which are both more expensive.

    Quality is somewhat subjective. In n Out uses freah lettuce, tomato, and onion. McD uses bag shredded lettuce, processed onions, and doesn't include tomato on most burgers. I'm sure you can request but some people don't even like these things. So when I said better quality, I was speaking purely of the quality of the beef.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    I think the disconnect is that online prices seem to be suggested retail and not what restaurants are actually charging. When I go out in a bit, i'll stop at McD for coffee and do a little recon.i know In n Out's prices by heart but as I said, I don't eat McD very often.

    Also, what you are doing is the same as saying, "BMW is significantly cheaper than Mercedes Benz." And when someone disagrees you compare the price of a GLE 63 S coupe to a 325i. And when someone points out the flaw in said reasoning you say, "Aren't all cars the same? For wheels, engine..." You may not eat McDonald's but you've heard of a damn Big Mac. A Quarter Pounder. You purposely chose a value item because it suited your argument. You didn't even list the price of fries because you probably googled it and it refuted your argument. No too burgers are the same but if we are to compare, you should at least make an attempt by listing burgers with comparable beef content, caloric content, and overall mass. Based on these parameters, the comparison is an In n Out double double to that of a Big Mac or Quarter Pounder with cheese, which are both more expensive.

    Quality is somewhat subjective. In n Out uses freah lettuce, tomato, and onion. McD uses bag shredded lettuce, processed onions, and doesn't include tomato on most burgers. I'm sure you can request but some people don't even like these things. So when I said better quality, I was speaking purely of the quality of the beef.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2021 - 3:16 PM ET #34

    And I know that we're getting off into the weeds here. In n Out's business model isn't for everyone but they their employees more and the food is less. They feel a position in the market as does McD. As you said, McD's are franchises. I'm not sure about In N Out but that alone is a huge amount of overhead. McDs clearly spends more on advertising. I've never seen an In N Out commercial or an ad in a magazine and i'm a native Californian. There's a lot to unpack of why In N Out may be more profitable but it certainly isn't because it's more expensive. Shake Shack is more expensive. 5 Guys is more expensive. In N Out is pretty cheap.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    And I know that we're getting off into the weeds here. In n Out's business model isn't for everyone but they their employees more and the food is less. They feel a position in the market as does McD. As you said, McD's are franchises. I'm not sure about In N Out but that alone is a huge amount of overhead. McDs clearly spends more on advertising. I've never seen an In N Out commercial or an ad in a magazine and i'm a native Californian. There's a lot to unpack of why In N Out may be more profitable but it certainly isn't because it's more expensive. Shake Shack is more expensive. 5 Guys is more expensive. In N Out is pretty cheap.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34463
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2021 - 5:23 PM ET #35

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    I think the disconnect is that online prices seem to be suggested retail and not what restaurants are actually charging. When I go out in a bit, i'll stop at McD for coffee and do a little recon.i know In n Out's prices by heart but as I said, I don't eat McD very often. Also, what you are doing is the same as saying, "BMW is significantly cheaper than Mercedes Benz." And when someone disagrees you compare the price of a GLE 63 S coupe to a 325i. And when someone points out the flaw in said reasoning you say, "Aren't all cars the same? For wheels, engine..." You may not eat McDonald's but you've heard of a damn Big Mac. A Quarter Pounder. You purposely chose a value item because it suited your argument. You didn't even list the price of fries because you probably googled it and it refuted your argument. No too burgers are the same but if we are to compare, you should at least make an attempt by listing burgers with comparable beef content, caloric content, and overall mass. Based on these parameters, the comparison is an In n Out double double to that of a Big Mac or Quarter Pounder with cheese, which are both more expensive. Quality is somewhat subjective. In n Out uses freah lettuce, tomato, and onion. McD uses bag shredded lettuce, processed onions, and doesn't include tomato on most burgers. I'm sure you can request but some people don't even like these things. So when I said better quality, I was speaking purely of the quality of the beef.

    No sir.  I did not choose a Big Mac BECAUSE I wanted to compare a CERTAIN BURGER at each place.  I do NOT know what is EXACTLY comparable to a Big Mac.  A simple hamburger is what I chose and a simple drink.  I could not even choose a simple fry or combo because I do NOT know the exact sizing.  AND that site is SUPPOSED to show current prices at various locations for various restaurants.  AND it should NOT matter if it is suggested retail because they should NOT deviate that much percentage-wise to make the simple burger and soda to make the price completely opposite for each place, at least that would be weird if it did.

    But, if you think they are THAT much cheaper than McDonald's THEN their has to be a very good reason(s) that explain the other disparities in the profit margin -- which is HUGE!

    But for sure let me know what you find out today in your area.  Just make sure it is completely comparable.  Simple hamburger, simple cheeseburger, same size (ounces) soda, same size fries.  NOT a combo or specialty hamburger, etc.

    I do like McDonald's coffee!  peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    I think the disconnect is that online prices seem to be suggested retail and not what restaurants are actually charging. When I go out in a bit, i'll stop at McD for coffee and do a little recon.i know In n Out's prices by heart but as I said, I don't eat McD very often. Also, what you are doing is the same as saying, "BMW is significantly cheaper than Mercedes Benz." And when someone disagrees you compare the price of a GLE 63 S coupe to a 325i. And when someone points out the flaw in said reasoning you say, "Aren't all cars the same? For wheels, engine..." You may not eat McDonald's but you've heard of a damn Big Mac. A Quarter Pounder. You purposely chose a value item because it suited your argument. You didn't even list the price of fries because you probably googled it and it refuted your argument. No too burgers are the same but if we are to compare, you should at least make an attempt by listing burgers with comparable beef content, caloric content, and overall mass. Based on these parameters, the comparison is an In n Out double double to that of a Big Mac or Quarter Pounder with cheese, which are both more expensive. Quality is somewhat subjective. In n Out uses freah lettuce, tomato, and onion. McD uses bag shredded lettuce, processed onions, and doesn't include tomato on most burgers. I'm sure you can request but some people don't even like these things. So when I said better quality, I was speaking purely of the quality of the beef.

    No sir.  I did not choose a Big Mac BECAUSE I wanted to compare a CERTAIN BURGER at each place.  I do NOT know what is EXACTLY comparable to a Big Mac.  A simple hamburger is what I chose and a simple drink.  I could not even choose a simple fry or combo because I do NOT know the exact sizing.  AND that site is SUPPOSED to show current prices at various locations for various restaurants.  AND it should NOT matter if it is suggested retail because they should NOT deviate that much percentage-wise to make the simple burger and soda to make the price completely opposite for each place, at least that would be weird if it did.

    But, if you think they are THAT much cheaper than McDonald's THEN their has to be a very good reason(s) that explain the other disparities in the profit margin -- which is HUGE!

    But for sure let me know what you find out today in your area.  Just make sure it is completely comparable.  Simple hamburger, simple cheeseburger, same size (ounces) soda, same size fries.  NOT a combo or specialty hamburger, etc.

    I do like McDonald's coffee!  peace_5

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2021 - 5:24 PM ET #36

    @Raiders22

     Ok, i'm back from my field trip and i've got the straight dope. A double double from In N Out costs $4.15, up recently from $3.95. A Big Mac costs $4.59 and a Quarter Pounder with Cheese costs 4.69. Fries come in one size at In N Out, slightly bigger than a McDonald's medium while costing the same (less until recently) of a McDonald's small. From a macro standpoint, a double double has more protein than both, even though a Quarter Pounder has the same starting beef weight which makes me believe that they are either using fillers or a beef ratio of higher fat content than the optimal 80/20. My guess is fillers. And while toppings are subjective, like I mentioned, In N Out uses fresh lettuce, tomato, and onion. The fries, while better tasting at McD, are fresh cut at In N Out.

    Like I said, better quality at a cheaper price while paying their employees better. The only thing cheaper at McDonald's is soda. And I rarely drink soda and when I do, it's Mexican Coke.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    @Raiders22

     Ok, i'm back from my field trip and i've got the straight dope. A double double from In N Out costs $4.15, up recently from $3.95. A Big Mac costs $4.59 and a Quarter Pounder with Cheese costs 4.69. Fries come in one size at In N Out, slightly bigger than a McDonald's medium while costing the same (less until recently) of a McDonald's small. From a macro standpoint, a double double has more protein than both, even though a Quarter Pounder has the same starting beef weight which makes me believe that they are either using fillers or a beef ratio of higher fat content than the optimal 80/20. My guess is fillers. And while toppings are subjective, like I mentioned, In N Out uses fresh lettuce, tomato, and onion. The fries, while better tasting at McD, are fresh cut at In N Out.

    Like I said, better quality at a cheaper price while paying their employees better. The only thing cheaper at McDonald's is soda. And I rarely drink soda and when I do, it's Mexican Coke.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2021 - 5:33 PM ET #37

    I chose a Double Double from In N Out and both a Big Mac and Quarter Pounder w/cheese from McDonald's because they are each franchises flagship burgers and comparable by all metrics including unit size, caloric content, and macro nutrients. The biggest measurable for me in a burger is protein content and In N Out exceeds both for less money. More protein. Better protein, which is somewhat subjective, but you would be hard pressed to find someone that doesn't agree that In N Out beef is far Superior. Fresher ingredients.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    I chose a Double Double from In N Out and both a Big Mac and Quarter Pounder w/cheese from McDonald's because they are each franchises flagship burgers and comparable by all metrics including unit size, caloric content, and macro nutrients. The biggest measurable for me in a burger is protein content and In N Out exceeds both for less money. More protein. Better protein, which is somewhat subjective, but you would be hard pressed to find someone that doesn't agree that In N Out beef is far Superior. Fresher ingredients.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34463
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2021 - 5:49 PM ET #38

    Just called the McDonald's on Central  

    Hamburger 1.89

    Cheeseburger 2.05

    Small Fries 2.05

    Any soda 1.00

     

    Called In-and Out on Ventura

    Hamburger 3.02 with tax

    Cheeseburger 3.34

    one-size only fries 2.16

    soda 1.89

     

    Reply

    Just called the McDonald's on Central  

    Hamburger 1.89

    Cheeseburger 2.05

    Small Fries 2.05

    Any soda 1.00

     

    Called In-and Out on Ventura

    Hamburger 3.02 with tax

    Cheeseburger 3.34

    one-size only fries 2.16

    soda 1.89

     

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34463
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2021 - 5:53 PM ET #39

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    @Raiders22  Ok, i'm back from my field trip and i've got the straight dope. A double double from In N Out costs $4.15, up recently from $3.95. A Big Mac costs $4.59 and a Quarter Pounder with Cheese costs 4.69. Fries come in one size at In N Out, slightly bigger than a McDonald's medium while costing the same (less until recently) of a McDonald's small. From a macro standpoint, a double double has more protein than both, even though a Quarter Pounder has the same starting beef weight which makes me believe that they are either using fillers or a beef ratio of higher fat content than the optimal 80/20. My guess is fillers. And while toppings are subjective, like I mentioned, In N Out uses fresh lettuce, tomato, and onion. The fries, while better tasting at McD, are fresh cut at In N Out. Like I said, better quality at a cheaper price while paying their employees better. The only thing cheaper at McDonald's is soda. And I rarely drink soda and when I do, it's Mexican Coke.

    Just saw this post after I called.  I do not dispute the wages or taste.  But I question hamburger for hamburger comparison NOT Big Mac for Double-Double.  I wanted a solid -- as exact as possible --- so just called and asked for only hamburger and only cheeseburger. Still the same result.

    If you went why not check on simple burger as well?

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    @Raiders22  Ok, i'm back from my field trip and i've got the straight dope. A double double from In N Out costs $4.15, up recently from $3.95. A Big Mac costs $4.59 and a Quarter Pounder with Cheese costs 4.69. Fries come in one size at In N Out, slightly bigger than a McDonald's medium while costing the same (less until recently) of a McDonald's small. From a macro standpoint, a double double has more protein than both, even though a Quarter Pounder has the same starting beef weight which makes me believe that they are either using fillers or a beef ratio of higher fat content than the optimal 80/20. My guess is fillers. And while toppings are subjective, like I mentioned, In N Out uses fresh lettuce, tomato, and onion. The fries, while better tasting at McD, are fresh cut at In N Out. Like I said, better quality at a cheaper price while paying their employees better. The only thing cheaper at McDonald's is soda. And I rarely drink soda and when I do, it's Mexican Coke.

    Just saw this post after I called.  I do not dispute the wages or taste.  But I question hamburger for hamburger comparison NOT Big Mac for Double-Double.  I wanted a solid -- as exact as possible --- so just called and asked for only hamburger and only cheeseburger. Still the same result.

    If you went why not check on simple burger as well?

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34463
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2021 - 5:54 PM ET #40

    How was coffee?  I am coffee 'connoisseur' and I like their coffee even better than others that folks rank higher.

    Reply

    How was coffee?  I am coffee 'connoisseur' and I like their coffee even better than others that folks rank higher.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34463
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2021 - 6:03 PM ET #41

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    I chose a Double Double from In N Out and both a Big Mac and Quarter Pounder w/cheese from McDonald's because they are each franchises flagship burgers and comparable by all metrics including unit size, caloric content, and macro nutrients. The biggest measurable for me in a burger is protein content and In N Out exceeds both for less money. More protein. Better protein, which is somewhat subjective, but you would be hard pressed to find someone that doesn't agree that In N Out beef is far Superior. Fresher ingredients.

    Gotcha   -- makes sense   their big sellers I figure as well.  Could care less about the quality or taste or experience.  That is not their reasons for out-selling everyone else in sight.  More folks around the world eat there AND it is NOT because it is MORE expensive and for sure NOT because of the quality or the taste -- all the studies show that, of course.

    But their margins are not even close AND they make money off of sales and by quantity  -- yet, In-and_out can afford to pay more and still maintain 3 times the profit margin!

    So, my point is still the same -- it is NOT corporate greed on their part.  If anything McDonald's will be 'forced' to try automatons to try to maintain their SMALLER profit margins.  The corporate greed should be seen more on In-and-Out side.  But we give them a pass BECAUSE they can afford to pay more AND the burger tastes better.

    See my issue with just using the phrase 'corporate greed' blindly or all-encompassing?

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    I chose a Double Double from In N Out and both a Big Mac and Quarter Pounder w/cheese from McDonald's because they are each franchises flagship burgers and comparable by all metrics including unit size, caloric content, and macro nutrients. The biggest measurable for me in a burger is protein content and In N Out exceeds both for less money. More protein. Better protein, which is somewhat subjective, but you would be hard pressed to find someone that doesn't agree that In N Out beef is far Superior. Fresher ingredients.

    Gotcha   -- makes sense   their big sellers I figure as well.  Could care less about the quality or taste or experience.  That is not their reasons for out-selling everyone else in sight.  More folks around the world eat there AND it is NOT because it is MORE expensive and for sure NOT because of the quality or the taste -- all the studies show that, of course.

    But their margins are not even close AND they make money off of sales and by quantity  -- yet, In-and_out can afford to pay more and still maintain 3 times the profit margin!

    So, my point is still the same -- it is NOT corporate greed on their part.  If anything McDonald's will be 'forced' to try automatons to try to maintain their SMALLER profit margins.  The corporate greed should be seen more on In-and-Out side.  But we give them a pass BECAUSE they can afford to pay more AND the burger tastes better.

    See my issue with just using the phrase 'corporate greed' blindly or all-encompassing?

     

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34463
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2021 - 6:04 PM ET #42

    At any rate   ---good discussion and I see your points.

    I will make a point of trying some hamburgers soon from these places  peace_5

    Reply

    At any rate   ---good discussion and I see your points.

    I will make a point of trying some hamburgers soon from these places  peace_5

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2021 - 7:08 PM ET #43

    @Raiders22

     I don't know if this is shtick or if you're being deliberately obtuse to avoid admitting you are wrong. (You're a lawyer, huh?) The comparison you are making is invalid. McDonald's has several "burgers". The regular "hamburger" and "cheeseburger" are "value" items. It's what the put in kid's meals. Happy meals. In N Out doesn't have a value burger. A kid's menu. I gave you a comparison of equivalent burgers based on base size, macro nutrient weight, and caloric content.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    @Raiders22

     I don't know if this is shtick or if you're being deliberately obtuse to avoid admitting you are wrong. (You're a lawyer, huh?) The comparison you are making is invalid. McDonald's has several "burgers". The regular "hamburger" and "cheeseburger" are "value" items. It's what the put in kid's meals. Happy meals. In N Out doesn't have a value burger. A kid's menu. I gave you a comparison of equivalent burgers based on base size, macro nutrient weight, and caloric content.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 8, 2021 - 7:10 PM ET #44

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    How was coffee?  I am coffee 'connoisseur' and I like their coffee even better than others that folks rank higher.

    Definitely better than Starbuck's. Their blonde is good but I don't care for their standard Pike's Place. I'm kind of a coffee snob and mostly brew my own though I like a chain here called the Human Bean.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    How was coffee?  I am coffee 'connoisseur' and I like their coffee even better than others that folks rank higher.

    Definitely better than Starbuck's. Their blonde is good but I don't care for their standard Pike's Place. I'm kind of a coffee snob and mostly brew my own though I like a chain here called the Human Bean.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34463
    Posted: Jun. 9, 2021 - 12:30 AM ET #45

    @StumpTownStu

     

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    @Raiders22  I don't know if this is shtick or if you're being deliberately obtuse to avoid admitting you are wrong. (You're a lawyer, huh?) The comparison you are making is invalid. McDonald's has several "burgers". The regular "hamburger" and "cheeseburger" are "value" items. It's what the put in kid's meals. Happy meals. In N Out doesn't have a value burger. A kid's menu. I gave you a comparison of equivalent burgers based on base size, macro nutrient weight, and caloric content.

    Nah. I don’t know the details of each individual hamburger.  I figure the easiest, whether it is a value or not, is the outright plain hamburger or the outright plain cheeseburger.  

    So, to me, this is the only valid comparison at every single hamburger joint in the world — a hamburger is a hamburger is a hamburger.  When you start adding all the extras and sauces — I get there will be big differences. 

    Who knows if the exact amount of onions, sauces, pickles, jalapeños, etc. are even on both types of ‘exotic’ hamburgers.

    I think it is dicey to compare the flagship things because I do not have any idea at all if they are an absolute even comparison or not. 

    A soda is a soda. 

    Not a matter of being right or wrong — simply more into the actual numbers and details.  These have to add up to me.  So when I looked up a simple hamburger at both and then called two places for in-store prices on a simple burger, fries, and soda — seemed pretty straightforward to me. 

    I get with all the individual items one has and the other doesn’t have it makes a difference.  I also understand with the more ‘exotic’ hamburgers at each there will be differences.  

    Perhaps, the one sells the majority of ‘flagship’ items and make it up on quantity; perhaps, the other makes it up on the various detailed items, etc. 

    But, nah. Never have a problem saying I was wrong — if the numbers or data show it.  

     

    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

     

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    @Raiders22  I don't know if this is shtick or if you're being deliberately obtuse to avoid admitting you are wrong. (You're a lawyer, huh?) The comparison you are making is invalid. McDonald's has several "burgers". The regular "hamburger" and "cheeseburger" are "value" items. It's what the put in kid's meals. Happy meals. In N Out doesn't have a value burger. A kid's menu. I gave you a comparison of equivalent burgers based on base size, macro nutrient weight, and caloric content.

    Nah. I don’t know the details of each individual hamburger.  I figure the easiest, whether it is a value or not, is the outright plain hamburger or the outright plain cheeseburger.  

    So, to me, this is the only valid comparison at every single hamburger joint in the world — a hamburger is a hamburger is a hamburger.  When you start adding all the extras and sauces — I get there will be big differences. 

    Who knows if the exact amount of onions, sauces, pickles, jalapeños, etc. are even on both types of ‘exotic’ hamburgers.

    I think it is dicey to compare the flagship things because I do not have any idea at all if they are an absolute even comparison or not. 

    A soda is a soda. 

    Not a matter of being right or wrong — simply more into the actual numbers and details.  These have to add up to me.  So when I looked up a simple hamburger at both and then called two places for in-store prices on a simple burger, fries, and soda — seemed pretty straightforward to me. 

    I get with all the individual items one has and the other doesn’t have it makes a difference.  I also understand with the more ‘exotic’ hamburgers at each there will be differences.  

    Perhaps, the one sells the majority of ‘flagship’ items and make it up on quantity; perhaps, the other makes it up on the various detailed items, etc. 

    But, nah. Never have a problem saying I was wrong — if the numbers or data show it.  

     

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34463
    Posted: Jun. 9, 2021 - 12:33 AM ET #46

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22: How was coffee?  I am coffee 'connoisseur' and I like their coffee even better than others that folks rank higher. Definitely better than Starbuck's. Their blonde is good but I don't care for their standard Pike's Place. I'm kind of a coffee snob and mostly brew my own though I like a chain here called the Human Bean.

    I’m a simple coffee guy.  Strong, tall, and black!

    I want to taste just my coffee. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22: How was coffee?  I am coffee 'connoisseur' and I like their coffee even better than others that folks rank higher. Definitely better than Starbuck's. Their blonde is good but I don't care for their standard Pike's Place. I'm kind of a coffee snob and mostly brew my own though I like a chain here called the Human Bean.

    I’m a simple coffee guy.  Strong, tall, and black!

    I want to taste just my coffee. 

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34463
    Posted: Jun. 9, 2021 - 12:58 AM ET #47

    The schooling and training are there.  But, alas, greater and greater opportunities kept presenting themselves. 

    But I thought I might’ve initially been mixing them up with Carl’s or WhataBurger.   

    But went back and read the article.  It was mainly a discussion on best stocks to get in during the shutdowns.  One of the guy had mentioned Walmart and another takeout and McDonald’s (because folks could not go out to eat).

    Then the discussion evolved/devolved into best hamburger and of course, the wage thing came up.  

    The guy had all his prep work done.  He loved MCD stock and was detailed about why In-and-Out could pay employees more, stayed private etc.  

    But, for now, I take your word on all the other items.  But, I see basic stuff and their prices and have to wonder.  Maybe I get bored and look more into it and their margins, etc. 

     

    Reply

    The schooling and training are there.  But, alas, greater and greater opportunities kept presenting themselves. 

    But I thought I might’ve initially been mixing them up with Carl’s or WhataBurger.   

    But went back and read the article.  It was mainly a discussion on best stocks to get in during the shutdowns.  One of the guy had mentioned Walmart and another takeout and McDonald’s (because folks could not go out to eat).

    Then the discussion evolved/devolved into best hamburger and of course, the wage thing came up.  

    The guy had all his prep work done.  He loved MCD stock and was detailed about why In-and-Out could pay employees more, stayed private etc.  

    But, for now, I take your word on all the other items.  But, I see basic stuff and their prices and have to wonder.  Maybe I get bored and look more into it and their margins, etc. 

     

     
    spockgato
    spockgato
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 15326
    Posted: Jun. 9, 2021 - 1:23 AM ET #48

    Buy a Happy Meal , get a bulletproof vest , double digit deaths in less than seven seconds what’s next ?

    Chicago the MurderDome , not enough dirt or holes for the multitude of bullet riddled corpses

    Enormous violence reported , wildin’ , storms in  Illinois’ killin’ villains and innocents alike

    grab a milkshake , spill your Sprite , what a silly life , 

    contempt , I’ve grown cynical 

    yet its so simple ,

    except bitcches fret “ I said no pickles ! “

    Fuccking disgusting , is nothing sacred ? “ Gimme the double with Bacon “ , elated your stomach just ate it

    flatulence , despair , it’s hardly a shock , thick and fat on a chair snacking on a Big Mac , arteries clogged

    i have a certain slander for Colonel Sanders , and problems I got em with Ronald McDonald , and ain’t no Taco need a Bell , cheesy Gordita I’ll see you in hell

    Christ Almighty it’s all too unsightly 

    Motherfucckin’ ball pits fulla lil kids pisss n shitt it’s all sick , gristle and salt mixed with pig sphincters I saw it

    now eat it

    as the deceased reach astronomical proportions 

    Can’t believe you feast on that rabbit vomit and horse skin....

    wallstreetcappers craps in his draws and pees fuckin backwards from his vaj with a squirt.
    Reply

    Buy a Happy Meal , get a bulletproof vest , double digit deaths in less than seven seconds what’s next ?

    Chicago the MurderDome , not enough dirt or holes for the multitude of bullet riddled corpses

    Enormous violence reported , wildin’ , storms in  Illinois’ killin’ villains and innocents alike

    grab a milkshake , spill your Sprite , what a silly life , 

    contempt , I’ve grown cynical 

    yet its so simple ,

    except bitcches fret “ I said no pickles ! “

    Fuccking disgusting , is nothing sacred ? “ Gimme the double with Bacon “ , elated your stomach just ate it

    flatulence , despair , it’s hardly a shock , thick and fat on a chair snacking on a Big Mac , arteries clogged

    i have a certain slander for Colonel Sanders , and problems I got em with Ronald McDonald , and ain’t no Taco need a Bell , cheesy Gordita I’ll see you in hell

    Christ Almighty it’s all too unsightly 

    Motherfucckin’ ball pits fulla lil kids pisss n shitt it’s all sick , gristle and salt mixed with pig sphincters I saw it

    now eat it

    as the deceased reach astronomical proportions 

    Can’t believe you feast on that rabbit vomit and horse skin....

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jun. 9, 2021 - 5:22 AM ET #49

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22: How was coffee?  I am coffee 'connoisseur' and I like their coffee even better than others that folks rank higher. Definitely better than Starbuck's. Their blonde is good but I don't care for their standard Pike's Place. I'm kind of a coffee snob and mostly brew my own though I like a chain here called the Human Bean. I’m a simple coffee guy.  Strong, tall, and black! I want to taste just my coffee.

    I'm the exact same way! My wife says I drink coffee that'll put hair on your chest. It's rocket fuel. I tend towards lighter roasts that lack the smooth flavor and finish of darker roasts but have higher caffeine content. I used to not be so into it until I got into fasting. Coffee is a faster's best friend. And like you, because I drink it black, the flavor of the actual coffee matters. Nothing to hide behind.

    As far as burgers, I wasn't so much accounting for toppings, even though these things matter when valuing a burger. Not so much condiments but things like the quality of the cheese, if there is lettuce, tomato, onion, etc. However, the comparison I was making is of burgers with similar beef content and finished volume, and caloric content. Even size for even size. Beef for beef. I even used the In N Out burger w/out special sauce, which adds calories, to be fair.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22: How was coffee?  I am coffee 'connoisseur' and I like their coffee even better than others that folks rank higher. Definitely better than Starbuck's. Their blonde is good but I don't care for their standard Pike's Place. I'm kind of a coffee snob and mostly brew my own though I like a chain here called the Human Bean. I’m a simple coffee guy.  Strong, tall, and black! I want to taste just my coffee.

    I'm the exact same way! My wife says I drink coffee that'll put hair on your chest. It's rocket fuel. I tend towards lighter roasts that lack the smooth flavor and finish of darker roasts but have higher caffeine content. I used to not be so into it until I got into fasting. Coffee is a faster's best friend. And like you, because I drink it black, the flavor of the actual coffee matters. Nothing to hide behind.

    As far as burgers, I wasn't so much accounting for toppings, even though these things matter when valuing a burger. Not so much condiments but things like the quality of the cheese, if there is lettuce, tomato, onion, etc. However, the comparison I was making is of burgers with similar beef content and finished volume, and caloric content. Even size for even size. Beef for beef. I even used the In N Out burger w/out special sauce, which adds calories, to be fair.

     
     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Jun. 9, 2021 - 7:25 AM ET #50

    ok

    Quote Originally Posted by spockgato:

    Buy a Happy Meal , get a bulletproof vest , double digit deaths in less than seven seconds what’s next ? Chicago the MurderDome , not enough dirt or holes for the multitude of bullet riddled corpses Enormous violence reported , wildin’ , storms in  Illinois’ killin’ villains and innocents alike grab a milkshake , spill your Sprite , what a silly life ,  contempt , I’ve grown cynical  yet its so simple , except bitcches fret “ I said no pickles ! “ Fuccking disgusting , is nothing sacred ? “ Gimme the double with Bacon “ , elated your stomach just ate it flatulence , despair , it’s hardly a shock , thick and fat on a chair snacking on a Big Mac , arteries clogged i have a certain slander for Colonel Sanders , and problems I got em with Ronald McDonald , and ain’t no Taco need a Bell , cheesy Gordita I’ll see you in hell Christ Almighty it’s all too unsightly  Motherfucckin’ ball pits fulla lil kids pisss n shitt it’s all sick , gristle and salt mixed with pig sphincters I saw it now eat it as the deceased reach astronomical proportions  Can’t believe you feast on that rabbit vomit and horse skin....

     

    I follow you around to read your raps ..an_praise

    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply

    ok

    Quote Originally Posted by spockgato:

    Buy a Happy Meal , get a bulletproof vest , double digit deaths in less than seven seconds what’s next ? Chicago the MurderDome , not enough dirt or holes for the multitude of bullet riddled corpses Enormous violence reported , wildin’ , storms in  Illinois’ killin’ villains and innocents alike grab a milkshake , spill your Sprite , what a silly life ,  contempt , I’ve grown cynical  yet its so simple , except bitcches fret “ I said no pickles ! “ Fuccking disgusting , is nothing sacred ? “ Gimme the double with Bacon “ , elated your stomach just ate it flatulence , despair , it’s hardly a shock , thick and fat on a chair snacking on a Big Mac , arteries clogged i have a certain slander for Colonel Sanders , and problems I got em with Ronald McDonald , and ain’t no Taco need a Bell , cheesy Gordita I’ll see you in hell Christ Almighty it’s all too unsightly  Motherfucckin’ ball pits fulla lil kids pisss n shitt it’s all sick , gristle and salt mixed with pig sphincters I saw it now eat it as the deceased reach astronomical proportions  Can’t believe you feast on that rabbit vomit and horse skin....

     

    I follow you around to read your raps ..an_praise

    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,879
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 441
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,598
    • MLB Playoffs 16,886
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,185
    • PART DEUX 135
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,529
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,240
    • Wednesday 2,844

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.