• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Subway 50% Chicken

    12 Next Last»
    TheGoldenGoose
    Slobbasaurus
    DoubleUp4Life
    GimmeMoneyNow
    VanDutch
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2360
    Posts: 34
    12 Next Last»
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 5:34 AM ET #1

    This is what you get when you deal with these Corporate Fukks.

    What have I been touting over the last 15 years?

    DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE CORPORATE FUKKS!!!

    Patronize your local small businessman.

    https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/02/whats-in-subways-chicken-hint-maybe-only-50-chicken/




    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    This is what you get when you deal with these Corporate Fukks.

    What have I been touting over the last 15 years?

    DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE CORPORATE FUKKS!!!

    Patronize your local small businessman.

    https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/02/whats-in-subways-chicken-hint-maybe-only-50-chicken/




     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 8:49 AM ET #2

    Goose, if CT is anything half as similar to North Jersey (thinking Bergen County where it's more affluent and nice), then you probably have at least 1 authentic Italian deli in town or a 10-15 minute drive away from home.  

    I never ate at Subway after trying it once.  It's a disgrace to the sandwich, but I know a lot of people genuinely like this nasty sh!t.  What the hell do they know?  They're from FL so they don't know any better.  

    Blimpie Base is slightly better but I will only eat it if I'm out of the NY metro area.  

    Quiznos is @ss too.  

    Not only is a sandwich better at an Italian deli, but I also like to support small business; especially a fellow Guinea.  You're paying double compared to Subway's $5 footlong, but you're getting more meat (better quality), fresh veggies and better/fresher bread.  

    Bread makes the sandwich!  It can make or break it.  Bah lee dat!  
    Reply
    Goose, if CT is anything half as similar to North Jersey (thinking Bergen County where it's more affluent and nice), then you probably have at least 1 authentic Italian deli in town or a 10-15 minute drive away from home.  

    I never ate at Subway after trying it once.  It's a disgrace to the sandwich, but I know a lot of people genuinely like this nasty sh!t.  What the hell do they know?  They're from FL so they don't know any better.  

    Blimpie Base is slightly better but I will only eat it if I'm out of the NY metro area.  

    Quiznos is @ss too.  

    Not only is a sandwich better at an Italian deli, but I also like to support small business; especially a fellow Guinea.  You're paying double compared to Subway's $5 footlong, but you're getting more meat (better quality), fresh veggies and better/fresher bread.  

    Bread makes the sandwich!  It can make or break it.  Bah lee dat!  
     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 9:34 AM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    This is what you get when you deal with these Corporate Fukks.

    What have I been touting over the last 15 years?

    DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE CORPORATE FUKKS!!!

    Patronize your local small businessman.

    https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/02/whats-in-subways-chicken-hint-maybe-only-50-chicken/





    AGREE BROTHER 

    We are very lucky here in WNY  ( buffalo) to have so many many wonderful mom & pop spots ....

    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    This is what you get when you deal with these Corporate Fukks.

    What have I been touting over the last 15 years?

    DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE CORPORATE FUKKS!!!

    Patronize your local small businessman.

    https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/02/whats-in-subways-chicken-hint-maybe-only-50-chicken/





    AGREE BROTHER 

    We are very lucky here in WNY  ( buffalo) to have so many many wonderful mom & pop spots ....

     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 9:34 AM ET #4


    I will drive past 20 Subways to get to a Jersey Mike's.

    BTW, you shouldn't want a "$5 Footlong". "You get what you pay for" - there's a reason that saying exists.
    Reply

    I will drive past 20 Subways to get to a Jersey Mike's.

    BTW, you shouldn't want a "$5 Footlong". "You get what you pay for" - there's a reason that saying exists.
     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 10:22 AM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Goose, if CT is anything half as similar to North Jersey (thinking Bergen County where it's more affluent and nice), then you probably have at least 1 authentic Italian deli in town or a 10-15 minute drive away from home.  

    I never ate at Subway after trying it once.  It's a disgrace to the sandwich, but I know a lot of people genuinely like this nasty sh!t.  What the hell do they know?  They're from FL so they don't know any better.  

    Blimpie Base is slightly better but I will only eat it if I'm out of the NY metro area.  

    Quiznos is @ss too.  

    Not only is a sandwich better at an Italian deli, but I also like to support small business; especially a fellow Guinea.  You're paying double compared to Subway's $5 footlong, but you're getting more meat (better quality), fresh veggies and better/fresher bread.  

    Bread makes the sandwich!  It can make or break it.  Bah lee dat!  



    and you can't get a Cannoli at Subway .



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Goose, if CT is anything half as similar to North Jersey (thinking Bergen County where it's more affluent and nice), then you probably have at least 1 authentic Italian deli in town or a 10-15 minute drive away from home.  

    I never ate at Subway after trying it once.  It's a disgrace to the sandwich, but I know a lot of people genuinely like this nasty sh!t.  What the hell do they know?  They're from FL so they don't know any better.  

    Blimpie Base is slightly better but I will only eat it if I'm out of the NY metro area.  

    Quiznos is @ss too.  

    Not only is a sandwich better at an Italian deli, but I also like to support small business; especially a fellow Guinea.  You're paying double compared to Subway's $5 footlong, but you're getting more meat (better quality), fresh veggies and better/fresher bread.  

    Bread makes the sandwich!  It can make or break it.  Bah lee dat!  



    and you can't get a Cannoli at Subway .



     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 10:27 AM ET #6

    Love those Cannoli!  I'm not big on sweets but it's one of the very few sweets that I enjoy.  

    Cannoli, frozen Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Girl Scout Samoas.  Those sh!ts are bangin!  
    Reply
    Love those Cannoli!  I'm not big on sweets but it's one of the very few sweets that I enjoy.  

    Cannoli, frozen Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Girl Scout Samoas.  Those sh!ts are bangin!  
     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 10:31 AM ET #7

    The Soy is probably better for you than the chicken Subway uses
    Reply
    The Soy is probably better for you than the chicken Subway uses
     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 10:34 AM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Love those Cannoli!  I'm not big on sweets but it's one of the very few sweets that I enjoy.  

    Cannoli, frozen Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Girl Scout Samoas.  Those sh!ts are bangin!  


    https://youtu.be/A9kRCsnNDhE    been going here since I'm a kid...this thread got me hungry ...going here for lunch today 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Love those Cannoli!  I'm not big on sweets but it's one of the very few sweets that I enjoy.  

    Cannoli, frozen Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Girl Scout Samoas.  Those sh!ts are bangin!  


    https://youtu.be/A9kRCsnNDhE    been going here since I'm a kid...this thread got me hungry ...going here for lunch today 

     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 10:46 AM ET #9

    Damn, that looks really good Dutch.  

    My biggest pet peeve with some delis is that they cut the sandwich half-way so if you don't cut the other half, you get a big mouthful of meat with one bite and a big mouthful of lettuce, tomato, onion and cheese with the next.  It's not even distribution.

    You can tell that these guys know what they're doing around 48 second mark b/c they make the full cut by place the top part of the bread on the sandwich.  Even distribution!  

    Sucks that it's Ash Wednesday so I can't eat any meat today.  It's salad and fish for me today and every Friday throughout Lent.   
    Reply
    Damn, that looks really good Dutch.  

    My biggest pet peeve with some delis is that they cut the sandwich half-way so if you don't cut the other half, you get a big mouthful of meat with one bite and a big mouthful of lettuce, tomato, onion and cheese with the next.  It's not even distribution.

    You can tell that these guys know what they're doing around 48 second mark b/c they make the full cut by place the top part of the bread on the sandwich.  Even distribution!  

    Sucks that it's Ash Wednesday so I can't eat any meat today.  It's salad and fish for me today and every Friday throughout Lent.   
     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 10:55 AM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Damn, that looks really good Dutch.  

    My biggest pet peeve with some delis is that they cut the sandwich half-way so if you don't cut the other half, you get a big mouthful of meat with one bite and a big mouthful of lettuce, tomato, onion and cheese with the next.  It's not even distribution.

    You can tell that these guys know what they're doing around 48 second mark b/c they make the full cut by place the top part of the bread on the sandwich.  Even distribution!  

    Sucks that it's Ash Wednesday so I can't eat any meat today.  It's salad and fish for me today and every Friday throughout Lent.   


    Cannoli's, snacks for today  

    " You are dust and to dust you will return " 

     
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Damn, that looks really good Dutch.  

    My biggest pet peeve with some delis is that they cut the sandwich half-way so if you don't cut the other half, you get a big mouthful of meat with one bite and a big mouthful of lettuce, tomato, onion and cheese with the next.  It's not even distribution.

    You can tell that these guys know what they're doing around 48 second mark b/c they make the full cut by place the top part of the bread on the sandwich.  Even distribution!  

    Sucks that it's Ash Wednesday so I can't eat any meat today.  It's salad and fish for me today and every Friday throughout Lent.   


    Cannoli's, snacks for today  

    " You are dust and to dust you will return " 

     
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 12:32 PM ET #11

     Saw the thing about Subway too.......I wonder what other shiit they serve up?
     I wish there was a decent deli near me. Back in the 80's when Mike Tice was playing for the Seahawks, he opened a deli in Redmond that was a good, old-fashioned, Italian deli. We went in some nights when he was working & he built us some huge grinders. I hadn't seen anything like that since I was a kid living in NY.

     Jimmy Johns blows too. I ate there once.......ONCE. I got a roll with one piece of meat on it for $9.

    Reply
     Saw the thing about Subway too.......I wonder what other shiit they serve up?
     I wish there was a decent deli near me. Back in the 80's when Mike Tice was playing for the Seahawks, he opened a deli in Redmond that was a good, old-fashioned, Italian deli. We went in some nights when he was working & he built us some huge grinders. I hadn't seen anything like that since I was a kid living in NY.

     Jimmy Johns blows too. I ate there once.......ONCE. I got a roll with one piece of meat on it for $9.

     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 1:58 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Damn, that looks really good Dutch.  

    My biggest pet peeve with some delis is that they cut the sandwich half-way so if you don't cut the other half, you get a big mouthful of meat with one bite and a big mouthful of lettuce, tomato, onion and cheese with the next.  It's not even distribution.

    You can tell that these guys know what they're doing around 48 second mark b/c they make the full cut by place the top part of the bread on the sandwich.  Even distribution!  

    Sucks that it's Ash Wednesday so I can't eat any meat today.  It's salad and fish for me today and every Friday throughout Lent.   


    Can you explain the entire 'not eating meat' thing on Fridays?  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    Damn, that looks really good Dutch.  

    My biggest pet peeve with some delis is that they cut the sandwich half-way so if you don't cut the other half, you get a big mouthful of meat with one bite and a big mouthful of lettuce, tomato, onion and cheese with the next.  It's not even distribution.

    You can tell that these guys know what they're doing around 48 second mark b/c they make the full cut by place the top part of the bread on the sandwich.  Even distribution!  

    Sucks that it's Ash Wednesday so I can't eat any meat today.  It's salad and fish for me today and every Friday throughout Lent.   


    Can you explain the entire 'not eating meat' thing on Fridays?  
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 2:08 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:



    Can you explain the entire 'not eating meat' thing on Fridays?  

    It's fasting.  In Roman Catholicism during Lent, you are supposed to either give something up (doesn't have to be no meat on Fridays or Ash Wednesday), or do something positive like volunteering or doing something that will benefit your community.  Before I quit boozing entirely, I used to give up alcohol.  

    Hard-core Catholics give up meat for the entire 40 days of Lent.  

    I'm a selective Catholic.  Outside of weddings and funerals, I haven't been to a mass since I was Confirmed.

    Ironic isn't it?  Hahahaha

    I give up meat on Fridays because it's more of a self-discipline type of thing.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:



    Can you explain the entire 'not eating meat' thing on Fridays?  

    It's fasting.  In Roman Catholicism during Lent, you are supposed to either give something up (doesn't have to be no meat on Fridays or Ash Wednesday), or do something positive like volunteering or doing something that will benefit your community.  Before I quit boozing entirely, I used to give up alcohol.  

    Hard-core Catholics give up meat for the entire 40 days of Lent.  

    I'm a selective Catholic.  Outside of weddings and funerals, I haven't been to a mass since I was Confirmed.

    Ironic isn't it?  Hahahaha

    I give up meat on Fridays because it's more of a self-discipline type of thing.  
     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 2:27 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:



    Can you explain the entire 'not eating meat' thing on Fridays?  



    you can not eat meat on Ash Wednesday, which marks 40 days before Easter and the beginning of Lent. According to the Catholic law of abstinence, Catholics aged 14 and older must refrain from meat on Fridays altogether during this 40-day period, as well as Ash Wednesday.


    . We don't avoid meat on days of abstinence, or restrict our intake of all food on days of fasting, because meat (or food in general) is bad. In fact, it's quite the opposite: We give up meat on those days precisely because it is good. Abstaining from meat (or fasting from food in general) is a form of sacrifice, which both reminds us of, and unites us to, the ultimate sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the Cross on good Friday. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:



    Can you explain the entire 'not eating meat' thing on Fridays?  



    you can not eat meat on Ash Wednesday, which marks 40 days before Easter and the beginning of Lent. According to the Catholic law of abstinence, Catholics aged 14 and older must refrain from meat on Fridays altogether during this 40-day period, as well as Ash Wednesday.


    . We don't avoid meat on days of abstinence, or restrict our intake of all food on days of fasting, because meat (or food in general) is bad. In fact, it's quite the opposite: We give up meat on those days precisely because it is good. Abstaining from meat (or fasting from food in general) is a form of sacrifice, which both reminds us of, and unites us to, the ultimate sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the Cross on good Friday. 
     
    Goggles-Pisano
    Goggles-Pisano
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 2693
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 2:31 PM ET #15

    Just picked up a few cannoli's at Ferrara Bakery in Little Italy last weekend. Don't get to new York often but always try to get to Ferrara's. 
    Reply
    Just picked up a few cannoli's at Ferrara Bakery in Little Italy last weekend. Don't get to new York often but always try to get to Ferrara's. 
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 2:57 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Goggles-Pisano:

    Just picked up a few cannoli's at Ferrara Bakery in Little Italy last weekend. Don't get to new York often but always try to get to Ferrara's. 

    I live 10 miles away from Manhattan and I only go to that Sh!t show if I'm required to for work.  I hate going to the City.  Too many people and it's expensive.  

    People that are not from the metro area that call themselves New Yorkers (you know these people Googles- the people from the Midwest who moved there as adults and are renewing their lease for the 2nd straight year) love the City and they look down on us "Bridge and Tunnel" people.  Ugh, such snobs.  They scoff while saying, "They're from Jersey."

    Yeah, well my condo is 3x bigger and my mortgage payment is half of what you're throwing away each month in that sh!t, cramped studio apartment.  But hey, you live in the City!

    Ok, my rant is over. 

    And sorry Goose, didn't mean to hijack the thread.    We kind of got off point.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Goggles-Pisano:

    Just picked up a few cannoli's at Ferrara Bakery in Little Italy last weekend. Don't get to new York often but always try to get to Ferrara's. 

    I live 10 miles away from Manhattan and I only go to that Sh!t show if I'm required to for work.  I hate going to the City.  Too many people and it's expensive.  

    People that are not from the metro area that call themselves New Yorkers (you know these people Googles- the people from the Midwest who moved there as adults and are renewing their lease for the 2nd straight year) love the City and they look down on us "Bridge and Tunnel" people.  Ugh, such snobs.  They scoff while saying, "They're from Jersey."

    Yeah, well my condo is 3x bigger and my mortgage payment is half of what you're throwing away each month in that sh!t, cramped studio apartment.  But hey, you live in the City!

    Ok, my rant is over. 

    And sorry Goose, didn't mean to hijack the thread.    We kind of got off point.  
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 2:58 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:



    Can you explain the entire 'not eating meat' thing on Fridays?  
    "The only meat that Priest's would eat on Friday is Nun." - Stacy Keach in "Up in Smoke".
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:



    Can you explain the entire 'not eating meat' thing on Fridays?  
    "The only meat that Priest's would eat on Friday is Nun." - Stacy Keach in "Up in Smoke".
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 3:38 PM ET #18

    Jersey Mikes My birthtown of Pt.Pleasant,NJ. Grew up on these.

    Only time I will get different is a late night last resort in Las Vegas open 24 hrs like a Subway..then puke it up an hour later.

    Reply

    Jersey Mikes My birthtown of Pt.Pleasant,NJ. Grew up on these.

    Only time I will get different is a late night last resort in Las Vegas open 24 hrs like a Subway..then puke it up an hour later.

     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 3:39 PM ET #19

    If you live in any kind of area with a large % Catholic pop. and a selection of ethnic Fish Markets the Fish you can buy on Fridays is no Hardship during Lent.
    Reply
    If you live in any kind of area with a large % Catholic pop. and a selection of ethnic Fish Markets the Fish you can buy on Fridays is no Hardship during Lent.
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 3:52 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    Jersey Mikes My birthtown of Pt.Pleasant,NJ. Grew up on these.

    Only time I will get different is a late night last resort in Las Vegas open 24 hrs like a Subway..then puke it up an hour later.


    Finally opening just one town over...   usually drive about an hour round trip to get it.   Can't wait
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    Jersey Mikes My birthtown of Pt.Pleasant,NJ. Grew up on these.

    Only time I will get different is a late night last resort in Las Vegas open 24 hrs like a Subway..then puke it up an hour later.


    Finally opening just one town over...   usually drive about an hour round trip to get it.   Can't wait
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 4:02 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    If you live in any kind of area with a large % Catholic pop. and a selection of ethnic Fish Markets the Fish you can buy on Fridays is no Hardship during Lent.

    This is true.  Most Italian delis around here have fish sandwich specials on Fridays.  

    Other than that, it's usually pizza or pasta Fridays.  Linguine with white clam sauce sounds good this Friday!  It's only a sin if you cheese the fish; that's how us real, true Guineas roll.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    If you live in any kind of area with a large % Catholic pop. and a selection of ethnic Fish Markets the Fish you can buy on Fridays is no Hardship during Lent.

    This is true.  Most Italian delis around here have fish sandwich specials on Fridays.  

    Other than that, it's usually pizza or pasta Fridays.  Linguine with white clam sauce sounds good this Friday!  It's only a sin if you cheese the fish; that's how us real, true Guineas roll.  
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 4:23 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    This is true.  Most Italian delis around here have fish sandwich specials on Fridays.  

    Other than that, it's usually pizza or pasta Fridays.  Linguine with white clam sauce sounds good this Friday!  It's only a sin if you cheese the fish; that's how us real, true Guineas roll.  

    I think you're going to hell for gambling waaaay before you go to hell for eating a burger on Friday
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    This is true.  Most Italian delis around here have fish sandwich specials on Fridays.  

    Other than that, it's usually pizza or pasta Fridays.  Linguine with white clam sauce sounds good this Friday!  It's only a sin if you cheese the fish; that's how us real, true Guineas roll.  

    I think you're going to hell for gambling waaaay before you go to hell for eating a burger on Friday
     
    Kurshka
    Kurshka
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 19156
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2017 - 8:30 PM ET #23

    30 years ago Togo's made a great Pastrami sub. Heck 30 years ago Taco Bell was very good. Jimboys on Tuesdays had 20 cent Taco night. Oh man those were good.  
    Reply
    30 years ago Togo's made a great Pastrami sub. Heck 30 years ago Taco Bell was very good. Jimboys on Tuesdays had 20 cent Taco night. Oh man those were good.  
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Mar. 2, 2017 - 4:11 AM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by VanDutch:



    https://youtu.be/A9kRCsnNDhE    been going here since I'm a kid...this thread got me hungry ...going here for lunch today 



    Wow, that really DOES look great.

    Gotta start controlling my food cravings.  Took 2 of my buds down to Foxwoods last night for some great Shrimp, Filet Mignon and a couple bottles of Cabernet.  This "little craving" cost me about $3K if you catch my drift.

    Got destroyed in four straight sessions of Blackjack and Pai Gow Poker.

    WTF???  $1K a Plate Dinner.  DUH.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by VanDutch:



    https://youtu.be/A9kRCsnNDhE    been going here since I'm a kid...this thread got me hungry ...going here for lunch today 



    Wow, that really DOES look great.

    Gotta start controlling my food cravings.  Took 2 of my buds down to Foxwoods last night for some great Shrimp, Filet Mignon and a couple bottles of Cabernet.  This "little craving" cost me about $3K if you catch my drift.

    Got destroyed in four straight sessions of Blackjack and Pai Gow Poker.

    WTF???  $1K a Plate Dinner.  DUH.
     
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Mar. 2, 2017 - 8:19 AM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:


    I think you're going to hell for gambling waaaay before you go to hell for eating a burger on Friday

    Like I said, I'm selective Catholic and it's more of a self discipline thing.  I haven't gone to mass since my Confirmation.  I don't believe everything that the Bible preaches, but I do believe it was good that I was raised with a religious background b/c it teaches respect, morals and values; charactersitics that any decent human should abide by.    

    From my experience, religious people that respect other people's religions/faith are some of the happiest people in the world whereas people that don't respect other religions or are atheist happen to be cynical and condescending @ssholes.  True story.  

    I also play the market so I'd like to ask God what's the difference in placing a future wager.  I only gamble NHL Futures, March Madness Brackets and NFL Suicides.  No different than betting on a penny stock Mr. Christ.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:


    I think you're going to hell for gambling waaaay before you go to hell for eating a burger on Friday

    Like I said, I'm selective Catholic and it's more of a self discipline thing.  I haven't gone to mass since my Confirmation.  I don't believe everything that the Bible preaches, but I do believe it was good that I was raised with a religious background b/c it teaches respect, morals and values; charactersitics that any decent human should abide by.    

    From my experience, religious people that respect other people's religions/faith are some of the happiest people in the world whereas people that don't respect other religions or are atheist happen to be cynical and condescending @ssholes.  True story.  

    I also play the market so I'd like to ask God what's the difference in placing a future wager.  I only gamble NHL Futures, March Madness Brackets and NFL Suicides.  No different than betting on a penny stock Mr. Christ.  
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,112
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,786
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 372
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,843
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,968
    • MLB Playoffs 17,057
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,679
    • PART DEUX 140
    • Trump's legacy? 33,966
    • Happening just recently . . . 37,140

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.