• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Strange things that have happened to you

    «First Previous 123
    MrTTL
    jamesxnj
    spockgato
    HeadOverHeart
    searchwarrant
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3607
    Posts: 57
    «First Previous 123
     
    MrTTL
    MrTTL
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 646
    Posted: Nov. 2, 2014 - 11:26 AM ET #51

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    Feel for ya really do that blows,but two guys together on the way to the track with that going on didn't suggest boxing the Tris with that combo?Cmon..darn.

    And the lottery mention- 497 in NJ is always a good payout st/bx.Hit it many times up there but it people with me in FL now..Once I fly up to NJ,hit the first bar and see it came out the day freaking before for about $300..F me.Popped it a few times on another trip and a few times in FL...And my own fault one day all I had was change in my pocket and did not want to stop at the store and of course it hits...Noticed 236 came out boxed last week in NJ you have it?

    I can always blame my stupidity on working with just 5 brain cells.Ohhh the damage I did to my gray matter in the days I was young  Yeah I saw that 623 hit on 10/22.Quit playing that years ago.Now I just play 249 wheeled.I went and checked that 497.Man oh man,that has come up wheeled 19 times in the last 3 years.I'm jumping on that for awile.Thanks for the tip.If it hits soon, whenever your back up to these parts,drinks are on me.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    Feel for ya really do that blows,but two guys together on the way to the track with that going on didn't suggest boxing the Tris with that combo?Cmon..darn.

    And the lottery mention- 497 in NJ is always a good payout st/bx.Hit it many times up there but it people with me in FL now..Once I fly up to NJ,hit the first bar and see it came out the day freaking before for about $300..F me.Popped it a few times on another trip and a few times in FL...And my own fault one day all I had was change in my pocket and did not want to stop at the store and of course it hits...Noticed 236 came out boxed last week in NJ you have it?

    I can always blame my stupidity on working with just 5 brain cells.Ohhh the damage I did to my gray matter in the days I was young  Yeah I saw that 623 hit on 10/22.Quit playing that years ago.Now I just play 249 wheeled.I went and checked that 497.Man oh man,that has come up wheeled 19 times in the last 3 years.I'm jumping on that for awile.Thanks for the tip.If it hits soon, whenever your back up to these parts,drinks are on me.
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Nov. 2, 2014 - 3:08 PM ET #52

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTTL:

    I can always blame my stupidity on working with just 5 brain cells.Ohhh the damage I did to my gray matter in the days I was young  Yeah I saw that 623 hit on 10/22.Quit playing that years ago.Now I just play 249 wheeled.I went and checked that 497.Man oh man,that has come up wheeled 19 times in the last 3 years.I'm jumping on that for awile.Thanks for the tip.If it hits soon, whenever your back up to these parts,drinks are on me.

     That's cool TTL...497 combos pay good for some reason,#'s like 211 up there don't pay garbage.FL is non pari-mutuel so a .50 st pays $250 and box's start at $40..Get $80 for doubles beats NJ..

    Tell you my race track darn -up..Late 80's buddy and me are at Monmouth like always..down to $2.00 between us..Buddy wants st ex  longshot/2nd longshot..I say nah just play the 40 -1 or so to win and lets just leave..We're out in the parking lot and could hear announcer  we have the winner..Get back inside and instead of a crazy exacta payout of $900 or something,we get $90 for the win bet..Sure enough the GD exacta came out...darn but we were both happy as we had some $ for beers and food that night..So many days and nights at MP and good days and bad ones..30 minute drive away.. Best wishes to ya TTL

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTTL:

    I can always blame my stupidity on working with just 5 brain cells.Ohhh the damage I did to my gray matter in the days I was young  Yeah I saw that 623 hit on 10/22.Quit playing that years ago.Now I just play 249 wheeled.I went and checked that 497.Man oh man,that has come up wheeled 19 times in the last 3 years.I'm jumping on that for awile.Thanks for the tip.If it hits soon, whenever your back up to these parts,drinks are on me.

     That's cool TTL...497 combos pay good for some reason,#'s like 211 up there don't pay garbage.FL is non pari-mutuel so a .50 st pays $250 and box's start at $40..Get $80 for doubles beats NJ..

    Tell you my race track darn -up..Late 80's buddy and me are at Monmouth like always..down to $2.00 between us..Buddy wants st ex  longshot/2nd longshot..I say nah just play the 40 -1 or so to win and lets just leave..We're out in the parking lot and could hear announcer  we have the winner..Get back inside and instead of a crazy exacta payout of $900 or something,we get $90 for the win bet..Sure enough the GD exacta came out...darn but we were both happy as we had some $ for beers and food that night..So many days and nights at MP and good days and bad ones..30 minute drive away.. Best wishes to ya TTL

     
    spockgato
    spockgato
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 15326
    Posted: Mar. 8, 2021 - 11:17 PM ET #53

    The Explosion

    the frozen ghostlike trances , hopelessness , over ripe with the can’t think , am I speaking Sanskrit ?

    burned in effigy , nervous , worrisome , surly repetitively , every breath a death sentence to me

    hallucinating I’m dead skin , can’t get out of bed and couldn’t pretend , acceptance

    of mere mortality , the sphere of the world , the scorned and the casualties

    battling me

    atrophy to the matter that matters to me

    gray like an alien , strained brain stem  , wayward , you’re failing me

    losing all recognition of what I was taught and ever envisioned

    the ethics and etiquette of medicine , is it evidence ? Is it fiction ?

    directives to “ think better shitt “ , pretentious , vindictive

    is my instinct 

    clinical misfit , deliver forgiveness for this written syphillis......

    wallstreetcappers craps in his draws and pees fuckin backwards from his vaj with a squirt.
    Reply

    The Explosion

    the frozen ghostlike trances , hopelessness , over ripe with the can’t think , am I speaking Sanskrit ?

    burned in effigy , nervous , worrisome , surly repetitively , every breath a death sentence to me

    hallucinating I’m dead skin , can’t get out of bed and couldn’t pretend , acceptance

    of mere mortality , the sphere of the world , the scorned and the casualties

    battling me

    atrophy to the matter that matters to me

    gray like an alien , strained brain stem  , wayward , you’re failing me

    losing all recognition of what I was taught and ever envisioned

    the ethics and etiquette of medicine , is it evidence ? Is it fiction ?

    directives to “ think better shitt “ , pretentious , vindictive

    is my instinct 

    clinical misfit , deliver forgiveness for this written syphillis......

     
    HeadOverHeart
    HeadOverHeart
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 22502
    Posted: Mar. 8, 2021 - 11:40 PM ET #54

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCash:

    I just mentioned Toledo's football team in a thread and I just randomly picked a team out of my head. I never even think about them let alone bring up their name in any discussion. A minute later I go to SBRforums in the first thing I see is a big picture of a Toledo Rockets helmet.I'm driving down the road listening to a CD that I hadn't heard in a long time. The lyrics mention a dragonfly one time in the song. One second after I hear "dragonfly" I see a license plate in front of me that reads "DRAGONFY". I'm mowing the lawn and there's a stick. To avoid running it over I pick it up and just toss it in the air. There's electrical lines above me and somehow the stick balances itself on the powerline and stays there. I shit you not. I just stood there and looked at it in utter amazement. It stayed up there for several months too. No wind or rain caused it to fall until 2-3 months later.

    It’s called “synchronicity.” It’s the world’s way of telling you that everything is the way it should be. Things happen for a reason. Most people miss the occurrences but you seem to have a sharp eye.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCash:

    I just mentioned Toledo's football team in a thread and I just randomly picked a team out of my head. I never even think about them let alone bring up their name in any discussion. A minute later I go to SBRforums in the first thing I see is a big picture of a Toledo Rockets helmet.I'm driving down the road listening to a CD that I hadn't heard in a long time. The lyrics mention a dragonfly one time in the song. One second after I hear "dragonfly" I see a license plate in front of me that reads "DRAGONFY". I'm mowing the lawn and there's a stick. To avoid running it over I pick it up and just toss it in the air. There's electrical lines above me and somehow the stick balances itself on the powerline and stays there. I shit you not. I just stood there and looked at it in utter amazement. It stayed up there for several months too. No wind or rain caused it to fall until 2-3 months later.

    It’s called “synchronicity.” It’s the world’s way of telling you that everything is the way it should be. Things happen for a reason. Most people miss the occurrences but you seem to have a sharp eye.

     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2021 - 12:55 AM ET #55

    Nothing strange ever happens to me. I have life completely under control.

    Reply

    Nothing strange ever happens to me. I have life completely under control.

     
    grillmarkedX
    grillmarkedX
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2020
    Posts: 23
    Posted: Mar. 15, 2021 - 12:07 AM ET #56

    One time my friend and I were driving late at night down a country road. I looked up into the sky and noticed a big lone cloud in front of the moon, a very big bright moon. I said to myself “man, that looks like a big devil head”. My friend asks me what I was looking at and I said “that cloud”. Before I said anything else he says, “it looks like an angel”. Only one cloud visible in the sky.

    It took me a few seconds to see what he was seeing. The “angel” cloud that he saw would’ve been in the area of the eyes, nose, and mouth of the devil cloud that I saw (almost shaped like a cross— hands out to the side where the eyes would be).

    Everything was opposites, too. I saw a devil cloud... he saw an angel cloud. The angel was small, the devil cloud was big. The devil cloud was very white, while the angel was very dark.

     

    Just really cool and really weird. Happened about 20 years ago.

    Reply

    One time my friend and I were driving late at night down a country road. I looked up into the sky and noticed a big lone cloud in front of the moon, a very big bright moon. I said to myself “man, that looks like a big devil head”. My friend asks me what I was looking at and I said “that cloud”. Before I said anything else he says, “it looks like an angel”. Only one cloud visible in the sky.

    It took me a few seconds to see what he was seeing. The “angel” cloud that he saw would’ve been in the area of the eyes, nose, and mouth of the devil cloud that I saw (almost shaped like a cross— hands out to the side where the eyes would be).

    Everything was opposites, too. I saw a devil cloud... he saw an angel cloud. The angel was small, the devil cloud was big. The devil cloud was very white, while the angel was very dark.

     

    Just really cool and really weird. Happened about 20 years ago.

     
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Mar. 15, 2021 - 12:44 AM ET #57

    My brother and I once saw a squirrel smoking a cigarette. The funny part is we were both pretty lit and neither of us wanted to be the first one to be like, "Hey, are you seeing this?" so we watched him in silence for a minute before one of us spoke.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    My brother and I once saw a squirrel smoking a cigarette. The funny part is we were both pretty lit and neither of us wanted to be the first one to be like, "Hey, are you seeing this?" so we watched him in silence for a minute before one of us spoke.

    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 123

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,877
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 441
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,598
    • MLB Playoffs 16,885
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,184
    • PART DEUX 134
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,521
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,240
    • Wednesday 2,843

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.