• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Strange things that have happened to you

    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
    HutchEmAll
    wizardofroz
    earthWake
    Jimmag
    jmw59
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3607
    Posts: 57
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
     
    HutchEmAll
    HutchEmAll
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 38704
    Posted: Nov. 29, 2012 - 12:08 PM ET #26


    I thought this "garbage" thing was just a covers comedy bit.  

    Reply

    I thought this "garbage" thing was just a covers comedy bit.  

     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Nov. 29, 2012 - 1:24 PM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

    I garbage you not

    I am going to grab a snack (buffet) here shortly, and when I get home, I am going to take a big garbage. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

    I garbage you not

    I am going to grab a snack (buffet) here shortly, and when I get home, I am going to take a big garbage. 

     
    earthWake
    earthWake
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 6196
    Posted: Nov. 29, 2012 - 4:24 PM ET #28

    Another crazy thing about me.

    I was born the same day as Andrew Luck. 9/12/89. 
    Reply
    Another crazy thing about me.

    I was born the same day as Andrew Luck. 9/12/89. 
     
    Jimmag
    Jimmag
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 7516
    Posted: Nov. 29, 2012 - 5:13 PM ET #29

    Crazy garbage there everyone.

    Sometimes at work I will be thinking or talk about a customer I have not heard from in a while and then I get a call or email from them.

    When I used to get high a lot many weird things happened but, I was so fucked up I cannot remember much.

    Reply

    Crazy garbage there everyone.

    Sometimes at work I will be thinking or talk about a customer I have not heard from in a while and then I get a call or email from them.

    When I used to get high a lot many weird things happened but, I was so fucked up I cannot remember much.

     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Nov. 29, 2012 - 7:44 PM ET #30

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmag:

    Crazy garbage there everyone.

    Sometimes at work I will be thinking or talk about a customer I have not heard from in a while and then I get a call or email from them.

    When I used to get high a lot many weird things happened but, I was so fucked up I cannot remember much.

     This is complete and utter bull garbage!

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmag:

    Crazy garbage there everyone.

    Sometimes at work I will be thinking or talk about a customer I have not heard from in a while and then I get a call or email from them.

    When I used to get high a lot many weird things happened but, I was so fucked up I cannot remember much.

     This is complete and utter bull garbage!

     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Nov. 29, 2012 - 8:29 PM ET #31

    I took a piss today without concentrating
    Reply
    I took a piss today without concentrating
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2012 - 1:03 AM ET #32

    Shit
    Reply
    Shit
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2012 - 1:07 AM ET #33

    Okay this is strange. Every time want to post the four letter word for fecal matter, the word "garbage" comes up instead. I'm gonna try it one more time...

    Shit... oh wow... I just realized... is Covers doing this? Really??!! Are you shitting me?
    Reply
    Okay this is strange. Every time want to post the four letter word for fecal matter, the word "garbage" comes up instead. I'm gonna try it one more time...

    Shit... oh wow... I just realized... is Covers doing this? Really??!! Are you shitting me?
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2012 - 1:10 AM ET #34

    So I can post "shitting" but not "shit". Mmmmm.
    Reply
    So I can post "shitting" but not "shit". Mmmmm.
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2012 - 1:12 AM ET #35

    Fuck piss box box asshole shit... just a test here. Please excuse the language.
    Reply
    Fuck piss box box asshole shit... just a test here. Please excuse the language.
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2012 - 1:17 AM ET #36

    I took a really nasty shit today and the shit smelled like garbage. And now I feel like shïtt.
    Reply
    I took a really nasty shit today and the shit smelled like garbage. And now I feel like shïtt.
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2012 - 1:18 AM ET #37

    Shît
    Reply
    Shît
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2012 - 1:19 AM ET #38

    Sorry for the excessive posts... just experimenting.
    Reply
    Sorry for the excessive posts... just experimenting.
     
    TwinTebow
    TwinTebow
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2010
    Posts: 457
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2012 - 2:38 AM ET #39

    garbage man
    Reply
    garbage man
     
    TwinTebow
    TwinTebow
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2010
    Posts: 457
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2012 - 2:38 AM ET #40

    darn this website! you can't even say garbage anymore? What the darn is this coming to? Damn
    Reply
    darn this website! you can't even say garbage anymore? What the darn is this coming to? Damn
     
    cpfs146
    cpfs146
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 1165
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2012 - 3:55 AM ET #41

    this whole auto correct GARBAGE has ruined all the great classic stuff in the archi
    Reply
    this whole auto correct GARBAGE has ruined all the great classic stuff in the archi
     
    cpfs146
    cpfs146
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 1165
    Posted: Nov. 30, 2012 - 3:57 AM ET #42

    archives
    Reply
    archives
     
    MrTTL
    MrTTL
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 646
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 8:24 PM ET #43

    Took me forever to relocate this thread but I finally found it.Something that just happened to my girlfriend and I two weekends ago really blows me away and I had to post it. (Love this type of stuff). As Lynn and I were driving to dinner that Saturday night,I happened to mention some of my favorite childhood friends,the Fitchett boys.Now in the 15 years we've been together,not once,NEVER have I uttered the name Fitchett,let alone talk about these 4 brothers.This was the very first time she has ever heard me speak about these guys. After talking a good hour about the good times we had growing up,we pulled up to the parking lot. Lynn casually mentioned that the restaurant we were heading into,General Sutters Inn of Litiz Pa. was once voted one of the most haunted places in America. As we entered the restaurant, I was still raving about Stevie Fitchett and how sad I was that I lost contact with him and his brothers and haven't seen them in well over 25 years.As the hostess was leading us towards our table I stopped dead in my tracks at the foot of the grand staircase.Lynn stops and says, "Dam hon,your white as a ghost... whats wrong" I replied, "Baby your never going to believe who that guy is walking down the stairs" She says, "NO WAY,don't tell me that is Stevie Fitchett" Yup,you guessed it, Steve Fitchett in the flesh.After a long hug and trying to explain to him what just transpired,we joined him and his wife Barbra for dinner.Needless to say,in the state of shock Lynn and I were still in,we drank our dinner last Saturday night.
    Reply
    Took me forever to relocate this thread but I finally found it.Something that just happened to my girlfriend and I two weekends ago really blows me away and I had to post it. (Love this type of stuff). As Lynn and I were driving to dinner that Saturday night,I happened to mention some of my favorite childhood friends,the Fitchett boys.Now in the 15 years we've been together,not once,NEVER have I uttered the name Fitchett,let alone talk about these 4 brothers.This was the very first time she has ever heard me speak about these guys. After talking a good hour about the good times we had growing up,we pulled up to the parking lot. Lynn casually mentioned that the restaurant we were heading into,General Sutters Inn of Litiz Pa. was once voted one of the most haunted places in America. As we entered the restaurant, I was still raving about Stevie Fitchett and how sad I was that I lost contact with him and his brothers and haven't seen them in well over 25 years.As the hostess was leading us towards our table I stopped dead in my tracks at the foot of the grand staircase.Lynn stops and says, "Dam hon,your white as a ghost... whats wrong" I replied, "Baby your never going to believe who that guy is walking down the stairs" She says, "NO WAY,don't tell me that is Stevie Fitchett" Yup,you guessed it, Steve Fitchett in the flesh.After a long hug and trying to explain to him what just transpired,we joined him and his wife Barbra for dinner.Needless to say,in the state of shock Lynn and I were still in,we drank our dinner last Saturday night.
     
    Dutch1976
    Dutch1976
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 1934
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2014 - 4:10 AM ET #44

    I don't believe in any kind of ghosts, demons, afterlife, whatever, I don't even believe in god..

    In my late 20's I was at a cemetery with my cousin, she was putting flowers on her grandpas grave (on her dad's side, no relation to me)..

    She was a good 200 yards from me...As I'm walking towards her i step over several graves, no worries..

    I was in a good mood, nothing on my mind. Never been scared of cemeteries....As I step over this one grave my whole body just goes..Idk..fearful..

    A wicked feeling went thru me, the hairs on my body stood up, straight feeling of panic, I ran. I had an overwhelming feeling of despair and wanting to cry.

    It was so powerful I thought I maybe I stepped on a power line or some  s h i t  or somehow got electrocuted.

    The only word that even comes close to explaining the feeling i felt is 'evil'. 

    Turns out I was walking thru the part of the cemetery where they bury Jane/John Does..I wouldn't go back to the grave but similar ones near it just had little brass looking squares with numbers on them...

    I still don't belive in  s h i t...But I can't explain what happened.
    Reply
    I don't believe in any kind of ghosts, demons, afterlife, whatever, I don't even believe in god..

    In my late 20's I was at a cemetery with my cousin, she was putting flowers on her grandpas grave (on her dad's side, no relation to me)..

    She was a good 200 yards from me...As I'm walking towards her i step over several graves, no worries..

    I was in a good mood, nothing on my mind. Never been scared of cemeteries....As I step over this one grave my whole body just goes..Idk..fearful..

    A wicked feeling went thru me, the hairs on my body stood up, straight feeling of panic, I ran. I had an overwhelming feeling of despair and wanting to cry.

    It was so powerful I thought I maybe I stepped on a power line or some  s h i t  or somehow got electrocuted.

    The only word that even comes close to explaining the feeling i felt is 'evil'. 

    Turns out I was walking thru the part of the cemetery where they bury Jane/John Does..I wouldn't go back to the grave but similar ones near it just had little brass looking squares with numbers on them...

    I still don't belive in  s h i t...But I can't explain what happened.
     
    dassad
    dassad
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2007
    Posts: 277
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2014 - 1:02 PM ET #45

    Some 30+ years ago when I was a young teen I remember waking up in the middle of the night to some shadows hovering over me in my bed. Scared the %^&*( out of me, jumped out of bed and ran into my older brother's room to call 911 (no phone in my room but brother's room had one).  Brother wakes up and says WTF.  After a few minutes he calms me down and I go back to sleep.  Wake up that morning to find out our longtime pet Rabbit had died - to this day I am convinced it was Angels that I had seen coming for our rabbit.....
    Reply
    Some 30+ years ago when I was a young teen I remember waking up in the middle of the night to some shadows hovering over me in my bed. Scared the %^&*( out of me, jumped out of bed and ran into my older brother's room to call 911 (no phone in my room but brother's room had one).  Brother wakes up and says WTF.  After a few minutes he calms me down and I go back to sleep.  Wake up that morning to find out our longtime pet Rabbit had died - to this day I am convinced it was Angels that I had seen coming for our rabbit.....
     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2014 - 4:12 PM ET #46

    I was at a high school football game and the dude next to me I had gotten to know goes into cardiac arrest and croaks right there on the spot.  The first responders come in and hit him with paddles and everything.

    I start looking up above us cause I figure the guy is floating above us as so many describe in near death experiences.  I saw nothing.  They keep hitting the guy with the juice and finally get a pulse.  They land a chopper at mid field and take the guy to the hospital.

    Well, I heard he pulled through so I went to see him two days later in the hospital.  Walk into the room and ask the dude if he remembers me and he responds, "Hell yeah, you were the dude looking right up at me!"

    Chills down my spine for sure

    Reply

    I was at a high school football game and the dude next to me I had gotten to know goes into cardiac arrest and croaks right there on the spot.  The first responders come in and hit him with paddles and everything.

    I start looking up above us cause I figure the guy is floating above us as so many describe in near death experiences.  I saw nothing.  They keep hitting the guy with the juice and finally get a pulse.  They land a chopper at mid field and take the guy to the hospital.

    Well, I heard he pulled through so I went to see him two days later in the hospital.  Walk into the room and ask the dude if he remembers me and he responds, "Hell yeah, you were the dude looking right up at me!"

    Chills down my spine for sure

     
    Knoxpoker
    Knoxpoker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1244
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2014 - 5:05 PM ET #47

    Quote Originally Posted by jmw59:

    I was at a high school football game and the dude next to me I had gotten to know goes into cardiac arrest and croaks right there on the spot.  The first responders come in and hit him with paddles and everything.

    I start looking up above us cause I figure the guy is floating above us as so many describe in near death experiences.  I saw nothing.  They keep hitting the guy with the juice and finally get a pulse.  They land a chopper at mid field and take the guy to the hospital.

    Well, I heard he pulled through so I went to see him two days later in the hospital.  Walk into the room and ask the dude if he remembers me and he responds, "Hell yeah, you were the dude looking right up at me!"

    Chills down my spine for sure


    I think I just sh--it my pants... yikes.. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jmw59:

    I was at a high school football game and the dude next to me I had gotten to know goes into cardiac arrest and croaks right there on the spot.  The first responders come in and hit him with paddles and everything.

    I start looking up above us cause I figure the guy is floating above us as so many describe in near death experiences.  I saw nothing.  They keep hitting the guy with the juice and finally get a pulse.  They land a chopper at mid field and take the guy to the hospital.

    Well, I heard he pulled through so I went to see him two days later in the hospital.  Walk into the room and ask the dude if he remembers me and he responds, "Hell yeah, you were the dude looking right up at me!"

    Chills down my spine for sure


    I think I just sh--it my pants... yikes.. 
     
    -29-
    -29-
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 3307
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2014 - 9:24 PM ET #48

     We want more! 

     We want more!   

    Reply

     We want more! 

     We want more!   

     
    MrTTL
    MrTTL
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 646
    Posted: Nov. 1, 2014 - 10:22 AM ET #49

    After living 56 years,nothing surprises me anymore although some of the coincidences I have experienced or heard about do blow me away. Here's another 1 that happened to me.(The key here is 236 which I played religiously in Delaware and NJ lotteries which at that time was only 1 drawing at night) A co-worker stopped by for his daily morning donut and nap.As I was getting ready to log into the computer to get a sample # for my morning product sample, he mentioned we should take off that afternoon and go to the track. As I looked thru my wallet,I had exactly $236 in it."I'm in" I said, "I have some vacation hours left, lets go". My sample labeler then spit out sample # 236. "Wow thats odd" said Tim. "236 hit in both the Delaware and New Jersey lottos last night" ... "WHAT..... AHH MAN I didn't have the time to go and play last night". Just my rotten luck I thought as I headed over to the lab with the sample.As I signed the lab book,I noticed my signature entry was on line #236. WTH! this 236 is smoking hot.When I got back to my area,I was about to call my boss to tell him to get the relief operator ready to cover for me that afternoon. Before I could dial the phone,my alarm panel started to hoot and holler. Damit,pump #236 just went off-line...HUH? are you kidding me? all these 236's in a matter of minutes? Crazy.After silencing the alarm and putting another pump online, I dialed my bosses extension... do I even have to say it? Yup,Chucks extension... 236.Theres something in the air I thought as Tim and I walked thru the security gate heading for Delaware Park.When we arrived,our game plan was just to nickle and dime some races from around the country and both pick some horses together for exactas and trifectas and split the winnings.As we were watching a simulcast race,Tim turns to me and says, "We never thought of playing a $3 Trifecta 2-3-6" Ahh man, please invisible man in the sky don't do this to us..... Sadly..it happened...2-3-6 with the 3 longest shots on the board.Payout= $9,792.89. Felt like someone kicked me in the ba77s,ripped out my heart,killed my dog,rekicked my ba77s, then took 1 of my eyeballs out and forced me to eat it....Would've-Could've-Should've...all these 236's and I didn't receive a dime.I guess it wasn't meant to be.
    Reply
    After living 56 years,nothing surprises me anymore although some of the coincidences I have experienced or heard about do blow me away. Here's another 1 that happened to me.(The key here is 236 which I played religiously in Delaware and NJ lotteries which at that time was only 1 drawing at night) A co-worker stopped by for his daily morning donut and nap.As I was getting ready to log into the computer to get a sample # for my morning product sample, he mentioned we should take off that afternoon and go to the track. As I looked thru my wallet,I had exactly $236 in it."I'm in" I said, "I have some vacation hours left, lets go". My sample labeler then spit out sample # 236. "Wow thats odd" said Tim. "236 hit in both the Delaware and New Jersey lottos last night" ... "WHAT..... AHH MAN I didn't have the time to go and play last night". Just my rotten luck I thought as I headed over to the lab with the sample.As I signed the lab book,I noticed my signature entry was on line #236. WTH! this 236 is smoking hot.When I got back to my area,I was about to call my boss to tell him to get the relief operator ready to cover for me that afternoon. Before I could dial the phone,my alarm panel started to hoot and holler. Damit,pump #236 just went off-line...HUH? are you kidding me? all these 236's in a matter of minutes? Crazy.After silencing the alarm and putting another pump online, I dialed my bosses extension... do I even have to say it? Yup,Chucks extension... 236.Theres something in the air I thought as Tim and I walked thru the security gate heading for Delaware Park.When we arrived,our game plan was just to nickle and dime some races from around the country and both pick some horses together for exactas and trifectas and split the winnings.As we were watching a simulcast race,Tim turns to me and says, "We never thought of playing a $3 Trifecta 2-3-6" Ahh man, please invisible man in the sky don't do this to us..... Sadly..it happened...2-3-6 with the 3 longest shots on the board.Payout= $9,792.89. Felt like someone kicked me in the ba77s,ripped out my heart,killed my dog,rekicked my ba77s, then took 1 of my eyeballs out and forced me to eat it....Would've-Could've-Should've...all these 236's and I didn't receive a dime.I guess it wasn't meant to be.
     
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Nov. 1, 2014 - 8:14 PM ET #50

    Feel for ya really do that blows,but two guys together on the way to the track with that going on didn't suggest boxing the Tris with that combo?Cmon..darn.

    And the lottery mention- 497 in NJ is always a good payout st/bx.Hit it many times up there but it people with me in FL now..Once I fly up to NJ,hit the first bar and see it came out the day freaking before for about $300..F me.Popped it a few times on another trip and a few times in FL...And my own fault one day all I had was change in my pocket and did not want to stop at the store and of course it hits...Noticed 236 came out boxed last week in NJ you have it?

    Reply

    Feel for ya really do that blows,but two guys together on the way to the track with that going on didn't suggest boxing the Tris with that combo?Cmon..darn.

    And the lottery mention- 497 in NJ is always a good payout st/bx.Hit it many times up there but it people with me in FL now..Once I fly up to NJ,hit the first bar and see it came out the day freaking before for about $300..F me.Popped it a few times on another trip and a few times in FL...And my own fault one day all I had was change in my pocket and did not want to stop at the store and of course it hits...Noticed 236 came out boxed last week in NJ you have it?

    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,881
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 442
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,599
    • MLB Playoffs 16,893
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,186
    • PART DEUX 135
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,538
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,241
    • Wednesday 2,844

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.